[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Warning signs thread.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 41
File: turnback.jpg (515 KB, 2048x1536) Image search: [Google]
turnback.jpg
515 KB, 2048x1536
When your player/DM says it, and you instantly think this is gonna suck. I'm gonna start.

> My setting is historically accurate, so women, gay and other minorities characters will have it bad.
> This is a no magic campaign (when DnD 3.5)
> I want to play Chaotic Neutral.
>>
File: 1459044899094.jpg (143 KB, 731x915) Image search: [Google]
1459044899094.jpg
143 KB, 731x915
> I'm playing dragonwrought kobold.
>>
>>46439465
>I see you want to play a female character. I play a realistic game so she may be raped
>We're going to be trying out this homebrew rules system I've been working on
>My character is evil
>It's what my character would do! [accusatory/defensive tone]
>>
>I'm playing a Dragonborn
>I'm playing a Malkavian
>My character's primary weapon is a katana
>>
>>46439465
>Chaotic Neutral
Just got into DnD and gave learned to hate this.
In the group we just formed I am the only one not playing Chaotic Neutral.
(Playing Lawful Good Dwarf because I want to work towards Dwarven Defender Prestige Class).

And all of them have edge lord special snowflake backstories.

Plus because the group is completely new the DM is inexperienced but luckily he wont let thier shit fly. One girl wanted to have vampirism and demon blood right off the bat.

Now after my rant heres my contribution to thread:

>Can I play a Half Dragon Orc

When me and the DM started forming the group 3 separate people came up and asked the same question and its apparently its a deal breaker if No is the answer.
>>
> Backstory? Uh, my character lived in a village, then he was drafted, he deserted, now he's adventuring. That's al, yes. As Gygax said, backstory is what happens until level five!
>>
>>46439465
OP, you're a shithead, and you probably should off yourself.
>>
>>46439880
That sounds like a valid backstory to me.
I bet you're one of the people who writes an essay about the cool stuff your level one character did in the past.
>>
>>46439880
but that's entirely reasonable. It explains who they are, how they picked up the skills they have, and how they ended up adventuring.

It's like that bit of writing advice: 'Is this the most interesting part of your character's life? If it's not, write about the most interesting bit instead'. In the same way, the stuff you do in play is the /interesting/ bit of your character's life; your backstory is just setup to get to the point where you're a level 1 adventurer.
>>
>>46439959
Yes. No. Kind of. I'm doing roleplaying games to roleplay, so every time I make a character, I try to make them interesting. Give them some reason to adventure, a few quirks - and provide a reason for them, give them some ties to places and organization, maybe.

The "was a farmer, became a soldier" backstory is perfectly viable, if any effort is put into it. I am, however, talking specifically about cases where there's no effort whatsoever, and the PC in question is the boringest shithead imaginable.
>>
>>46439880
as long as he has an actual personality, this is fine.
>>
>>46439918
>triggered 3.X drone
>>
>>46439869
>And all of them have edge lord special snowflake backstories

Story time?
>>
>>46439829
>>I'm playing a Malkavian
I wanna play a non-fishmalk malkavian though :(
>>
>>46440399
>thinks that OP isn't just hoping to start several dumb and pointless arguments

You are just as bad as he is, and in some ways worse.
>>
>>46440453
Not every thread is created for edition wars, insecure cuck.
>>
>>46440425
Heres what I remember from one.

>girl joins group
>does RPs on Gaia Online.
>thinks this will all work the same
>Here character: Female Human Fighter
>Started out as a slave girl
>fell in love with master
>has sex with master
>gains demon blood from him
>master dies
>new master is vampire
>pretends to love vamp master
>has sex with nee vamp master
>tricks him into giving her vampirism
>kills vampire master
>this is paragraph 2 of page 1 out of 5.

She not even attentive to the game. When ever we are in town getting supplies and talking to townsfolk for info she off to the side writting more and more pages of her back story.
>>
Come on, if you're bumping such a thread, at least come up with something.

> My character is inspired by the latest anime/vidya I've been obsessing about.
>>
>>46439465
>Describe your character
>they look just like me lol...
>>
>>46439829
It was dickish and trolling, but I had a super weeb friend in a pathfinder game once. I rolled up a paladin from Tian, recently come to the mainland, who started off with a katana as their primary weapon. He got super excited about it. Two sessions in I had my character realize the glory of warhammers, and immediately relegate the katana to a ceremonial weapon stored in his saddlebags all the time. The salt levels were off the charts.
>>
File: 1413222095734.jpg (18 KB, 380x288) Image search: [Google]
1413222095734.jpg
18 KB, 380x288
>Want to use a common archetype for my character.
>"This was used in X and I fucking hate that show/game/movie, so you're not allowed to copy anything from it."
The game was shitty for everyone involved. Should have listened to my instincts and left before wasting a bunch of hours on it.
>>
>>46442448
What archtype was it?
>>
>>46442448
Well that's the thing. You want to develop it further than the archetype and make the character your own.

Basically, its the same advice given to writers. You like something and want to use it? Then you steal it, but you make sure to be careful so as not to get caught when you're using it later.
>>
>>46443118
A quote from a friend applies.
"I stole it from enough different places that it isn't recognizable as coming from any of them, and that makes it mine."
>>
>you're playing a lawful good character with a mainly neutral and chaotic group

I-I just wanted to do jolly cooperation, lads.
>>
>>46442222
That's most "STAT ME" threads on /tg/

>mfw people kept spamming OPM "stat me" threads
>>
>>46443795
You need to understand that Stat Me threads are just a way to talk about non-/tg/-related subjects on /tg/.
>>
>>46439465
I think I would walk out if a player used gay as part of their character bio. A gay warrior? Fuck off. A warrior that is gay? Fine. Anyone that makes sexual orientation.a prime part of their character just sounds awful.
>>
>my character is a loli!
> any anime inspired character art
> that one guy who believes his character is vital and should have plot armor
>>
File: 2 Spooky.gif (2 MB, 311x233) Image search: [Google]
2 Spooky.gif
2 MB, 311x233
>I want to play a Necromancer
>>
File: 1447818591912.jpg (20 KB, 303x381) Image search: [Google]
1447818591912.jpg
20 KB, 303x381
>This campaign's going to revolve around politics.

Don't get me wrong, I've had some cracking games centered around political intrigue, but almost every time a DM's said that it just means that once in a while a DMPC's gonna show up and filibuster about something the DM has a personal grudge against.

Fucking Rick and his feminist Drow.
>>
Does anyone ever fucking play a game that manages to get a group to play any orientation of evil?
All I see is chaotic, it's never a group that's intentionally evil
>>
File: Doubt.png (85 KB, 492x280) Image search: [Google]
Doubt.png
85 KB, 492x280
>>46444238
>I want to play an irredeemable bad guy in a team of good guy PCs
>No really, they'll never find out because I'm clever and subtle!
>Stop giving me that look!

>>46444381
>This campaign's going to revolve around politics.
Seconding this.
>>
Are Dragonborn really that much of a red flag?

I just think they have neat racials.
>>
>>46444493
It tends to attract otherkin is the reason most people get suspicious I think.
>>
File: abe.jpg (25 KB, 498x412) Image search: [Google]
abe.jpg
25 KB, 498x412
>I roll to seduce the beggar
>>
>>46444829
Or roll-players
>>
>>46444436
>roll up a Neutral Evil Cleric of Fenris Wolf in a PF Viking campaign
>no one asked what my alignment was
>they found out when I spontaneously channeled negative energy on rivals from another village
>>
>>46444493
Honestly kobolds are more of a red flag. I've seen a dude go full scalie on his proud warrior dragonborn, and I once played as a comedic relief kobold tinkerer. Any outside observer would have every right to call me the bigger faggot purely because I was playing as a kobold.
>>
>Human only campaign in a setting with non humans

Nope, fuck you all. I have played this under multiple dms and fuck you for wanting it. i dont care how you do it or why, just fuck your game.
>>
>>46444927
What kind of non-humans? Surely you don't mean humanoid monsters.
>>
>>46444927
I guess your really wanted to play that fucking tyranid in Dark Heresy.
>>
>>46444890
What is inherently wrong with playing a kobold?
>>
>>46444978
I mean elves, orcs, dwarves and the like but you can not play them because reasons.

>>46444982
You laugh but the first time you play shadowrun and get told that non human races are banned and the gm treats Humanis Poly Club as if they are gods gift to man, see how much you can stand.
>>
>>46445054
>Playing anything but human in shadowrun
Ha, idiot.
>Banning everything but human in shadowrun
Fuck that guy.
>>
>>46444982
Player 1: I don't know, I think he's telling the truth, we can't just kill an innocent man, we'd be no better than those fucking death corps. Men, what do you all think we should do?

Player 2: Perhaps we take something from the man until we can prove he's either guilty or innocent...

Player 3: Or maybe we could just let him go. Show that the Imperium can know mercy.

Player 4: SCREEEEEEEEOOOOOORRRAAAAAONK

Player 3: Hmm, yes, that is a fine plan indeed.
>>
>nobody plays a human or something close to human

Nothing but orcs, tieflings, and dragonborn.
>>
>>46445132
Reminds me of that one guy who always wants to play an Ork in Rogue Trader...

I don't CARE if there is an official rule book supplement about it. It just doesn't work right, okay? And you are CERTAINLY not equal to the roleplaying challenge.
>>
>>46445263
>we supa sewwious you guis
>>
>>46445040
The average kobold player ruins the reputation kobolds have in general. It's one of the few races where you have both multiple forms of fetishists banding together minmaxers to make an awful experience.

On the fetish side not only do you have your regular scalies, but on top of that you have those same assholes who fetishist goblins since they're small, and you've also got the people who play up the whole "dragon serving" in yet another fetish.

And on the minmaxing side we've got Pun Pun, and the players that try to make their own Pun Pun. https://1d4chan.org/wiki/Pun-Pun
>>
>>46445343
When did people actually start taking pun-pun serious and anything more than a thought exercise that can not happen unless the dm makes the abomination?
>>
>>46445343
I see, I ask because I like using kobolds when we play monster races, and i wanted to know if i was shit.
>>
>>46445343
Pun-Pun is a thought experiment. Nobody can play Pun-Pun and the only way you can try to play Pun-Pun is with a very, very obliging DM who doesn't care about lore.
Pun-Pun has to know what a Sarrukh is to transform into one. Sarrukhs are ancient and forgotten in the "modern day" of Faerun (and only exist in Faerun), only very few existing in deep hiding or eons long hibernation, so Pun-Pun could not learn about them. A Sarrukh who meets a kobold would immediately dominate them and use them for evil, so Pun-Pun could not just go meet one.

Pun-Pun is, essentially, impossible.
>>
File: 1285553908127.jpg (107 KB, 834x1008) Image search: [Google]
1285553908127.jpg
107 KB, 834x1008
>>46439465
>this is going to be an intellectual, political game
>>
>>46444038
>faggot thinks any part of being gay is fine

That's why no one wants to play with you.
>>
>>46445086
>Banning everything but human in shadowrun
>Fuck that guy.
I haven't played it much, but I also haven't really seen people use the metatypes in RP. If no-one actually wants to play or bring up metatype-related conflict, you might as well just forget about it and rename them 'big person', 'little person', 'strong person', 'fast person', etc.
>>
>>46439465
> My setting is historically accurate, so women, gay and other minorities characters will have it bad.
This isn't accurate tho. Women were expected to fulfill different roles to the men, but that's not "bad". Nobody gave much of a shit about gays so long as they still produced heirs and didn't foreplay in public, and racial minorities were fine so long as they paid their taxes.

>This is a no magic campaign
Perfectly valid.

>I want to play Chaotic Neutral
Also valid.

Also if you just want to make /pol/: The campaign then why the fuck not. Make it, play it. I guarantee your players will stop giving a shit about le gender equalitye after half a session and focus more on how to build their character, roll dice, and kill enemy mobs.
>>
>>46445729
>>This is a no magic campaign
>Perfectly valid.
You missed the parentheses.
>>
>>46445729
>This isn't accurate tho. Women were expected to fulfill different roles to the men, but that's not "bad". Nobody gave much of a shit about gays so long as they still produced heirs and didn't foreplay in public, and racial minorities were fine so long as they paid their taxes.

>i only studied history through tumblr

Maybe you should actually open up a history book before you try to educate other people? Will save you all the trouble of making yourself look like a moron, you moron.
>>
>>46445906
History books like what, specifically, anon?
>>
File: Why Didn't You Stop It.jpg (61 KB, 680x512) Image search: [Google]
Why Didn't You Stop It.jpg
61 KB, 680x512
>>46445906
>>46445978
Speaking of warning signs...

You can prevent this. There's still time.
>>
>>46445978
Like anything that was written by an agenda-oriented dying AIDS patient pouring the last bit of their life into a book with hopes of promoting their brainless propaganda and self-publishing with all the money they saved up by not having kids or any significant long-term plans.
>>
>>46446074
perhaps you should quote some actual literature then, as opposed to yelling in order to buy time
>>
>>46446121
>>46446074
Please. Drop this shit, or take it to /pol/.
>>
>>46442419
>>46442419
Wait so he was mad about what *your* character was doing?
>>
>>46446152
maybe this too, was a warning sign, when a player pushes their politics into their character out of nowhere, and starts to argue out of character.
>>
>>46445729
>/pol/: The campaign

>my character is a half jew, half illuminati banker-shill multiclass
>>
>>46445629
LGBTBBQs play all the time. The hobby is infested with them. Especially online.
>>
>>46445707
>my shitty ass friends dont do it so why bother
>>
>>46445753
I wouldn't consider it to be a complete red flag in 3.5. I DM'ed a campaign where magic was incredibly rare and couldn't be performed by humans (who had nonetheless dominated the world and wiped out 90% of the other races through technological advance/sheer numbers). The players had a blast and Tome of Battle spiced things up enough that it was all fun without being game-breaking as magic tends to be in 3.5
>>
>>46439798
>what my character would do

I think this is reasonable, if they're using it as an excuse to murderrapepillage then you shouldnt have let a character like that in your game to begin with

I once touched an altar covered in religious symbols as a priest of pelor, causing the room to fill with poisonous gas. Figuring it was a test of faith, i toiched it again, whereapon it exploded and took me out of the game
>>
>>46439798
I have had no fewer than three campaigns totally derailed by players who uttered variations on "It's what my character would do!"
At multiple points I've come close to storming out when they murder an important NPC, openly betray the people they work for, or generally act like murder-hobos in settings where I've explicitly said "you are not playing as murder-hobos!"
>>
>>46445753
Iron Heroes is the best D20-based system, and it is a no magic (for the players) game.
>>
>>46449826
(when DnD 3.5)
>>
>>46450095
Iron Heroes is 3.5.
>>
>>46443930

I don't think we ever needed Stat Me threads to do that.
>>
>>46439465
>I want to play a CG Drow Ranger
>>
>>46450181
Then why does it have a different name?
It does have its own books, doesn't it? Not just "play D&D but don't use any magic"?
>>
File: 1451461839949.jpg (31 KB, 251x296) Image search: [Google]
1451461839949.jpg
31 KB, 251x296
>>46445569
this. because it usually devolves into strawmanning someone/thing I (the GM) don't like.
>>46444436
this as well, because lord knows the people who do this are fucking subtle about it.
>>46441026
>mfw
>>
File: 1390963716556.jpg (27 KB, 610x501) Image search: [Google]
1390963716556.jpg
27 KB, 610x501
>>46441026
Why do you bother with that people?
>>
>>46439465
>Chaotic Neutral
>This is perhaps the hardest alignment to play
It's a shit alignment, and it shouldn't exist.
>>
>>46439465
>D&D 3.5
>>
>>46439798
>We're going to be trying out this homebrew rules system I've been working on

Yeah, as someone who has made some of my own systems, I hate to say it, but that has never meant anything but bad news.
>>
>>46439829
>I'm playing a Malkavian
Only reason to play Vampire, man.
>>
>GM: okay, back story time.
Me: My character was a farmhand, eldest son of the family. He's big and strong from doing loads of manual labor. Now his farm is in financial trouble, and he has to go adventuring to make enough money to save the farm. His name is Mac-
>GM: PONYFAG! GET OUT OF MY FUCKING GAME!
ME: Wut?

I just wanted to be Young MacDonald. Have a farm. E-I-E-I-O
>>
> I want to play Chaotic stupid.
What seems to be the problem with those two.
>>
File: People who only play d20.gif (103 KB, 720x278) Image search: [Google]
People who only play d20.gif
103 KB, 720x278
>>46449826
>the best D20-based system
That's akin to being the "best" tasting bologna
>>
>>46445257
>race is nowadays just an excuse to get racial powers that fit your 'build'
vomiting.jpg
>>
>>46452930
Fucking hell I had the same thing happen, except I was playing a cellist in a Call of Cthulhu game.
>>
>>46444493
I like them because they are brash, warrior braggarts without the baggage that orcs carry.
I can be a hard drinking, hard fighting, loud talking type without a bunch of insetting bullshit being thrown at me.
>>
>>46448253
Note how you needed to include ToB, however.
>>46449200
There is a difference between what you did, and what people who cry "It's what my character would do!" have done, anon.
>>
>>46450281
You mean the thing no one in real life actually does, and is only a thing because of a novel series most people have never read, only heard of?
I wouldn't even care if a player did that, because I've NEVER seen or heard of it happening. Hell, the only drow I've ever seen played was a psywar.
Guess what? I also threw a "rescue the princess from the dragon" plot at my players with no twists or dumb shit mixed in, and they had a fun time.
>>46452868
It's the most frustrating for group play.
>>
>>46452930
>>46453041

The funny part about this is that, in order to know the references they're accusing you of making, they would've had to watch the show.
>>
>>46449200
I had a game where I was cursed with madness of curiosity (inflicted by the DM). Came across some rune on the wall. The elf NPC that was along with us said not to touch it. I said why and touched it anyway.

Group raged at me and basically made the next couple sessions that unenjoyable that I had to leave. Fuck those cunts.
>>
>>46453288
Oh yeah. The mark caused a group wide paralysis resulting in us getting caught, stripped of all our gear and thrown in a drow prison (which we subsequently broke out of).
>>
>>46444431
Gay Evil
>>
>>46453245
And so would you. Fucking ponyfag.
>>
>>46453380
Meh. Gave up around mid season 3. There are more episodes I haven't seen than have. Really, that show, even in the limited time I was in the fandom, covered the character archetypes bases.
>>
>DM says he loves Dungeon World and is going to use *some* rules from there to "spice things a little"
>It's a Risus game
>mfw the retard thinks Dungeon World came before Risus
>>
>>46442603
>>46443118
I wanted to make a cruel and ruthless warlord type of guy and the GM thought I was copying some shitter from game of thrones.
>>
>>46453687
Thats just sad
>>
File: tumblr_o233z5wn7J1qa94xto3_1280.jpg (96 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o233z5wn7J1qa94xto3_1280.jpg
96 KB, 1280x720
>>46453687
Your GM is cancer, man. Terminal stage 4 cancer.
>>
File: 1412483259662.jpg (45 KB, 500x377) Image search: [Google]
1412483259662.jpg
45 KB, 500x377
>>46452961
I dunno, there is some good tasting bologna out there.
>>
File: inside you at this very instant.gif (948 KB, 500x370) Image search: [Google]
inside you at this very instant.gif
948 KB, 500x370
>Player presents more than one A4 page of character background / exposition.
>>
>>46444431
All the goddamn time

Playing an evil PC is really simple. You just play a standard issue murderhobo without the pretensions.
>>
>>46445388
>>46445449
Putting aside pun-pun, kobolds are still min max bait because dragonwrought kobolds are retarded.
>>
>>46453245
I just did some date checking, my cellodebacle happened a week after Octavia made her first appearance, as a background character with mere -seconds- of screentime. Meaning not only did he get the reference, but he actively watched it and recognized a fucking background character.

That, my friend, is raw autism.
>>
>>46453380
Not really brosef.
>>
File: 1269212528654.png (38 KB, 174x188) Image search: [Google]
1269212528654.png
38 KB, 174x188
>DM describing an NPC
>Heterochromia
>>
>>46440058
Even then I usually don't mind. Some just want to focus on what's happening now. Some will iron out the details as they go, some even hand it off to the DM if they please.
>>
>>46439465
>Just so you know, my character doesn't conform to gender stereotypes because Elves are progressive

No joke. It was the worst campaign. wish i had just bailed.
>>
>>46455192
fokken lings
>>
File: 1419965023456s.jpg (2 KB, 125x91) Image search: [Google]
1419965023456s.jpg
2 KB, 125x91
>>46455416
>Elves are progressive
>>
>>46455543
I know. Shit only got worse from there.
>>
>>46439880
Aside from the desertion bit, mercenary work is a great backstory for a character. Nothing says "team building plot arc" better than "I'm just here for the paycheck".
>>
>My character doesn't believe in/hates gods in general because <Insert typical atheist argument here>
M8 fuk u, I'm an atheist IRL but this is a setting where I can literally heal the sick and smite heathens through divine power, take off your fedora.
>>
>>46455867
I have one of those in my group, mostly it's tolerable but holy shit sometimes he'll just mock the Gods and those that worship them right to their faces, even if they're in the damn party.
>>
>>46445257
Orks are awesome you degenerate racist shitlord.
>>
>Ask GM what the restrictions are for character creation
>"I dunno man, whatever."
>He's legitimately surprised when everyone makes characters that have no reason to adventure together or to even stay together
C'mon, just make a theme for us! Even if it's just us being a part of a team of mercenaries that's fine!

>DM goes "I know you're all new to tabletop games so here's the 3.5/4e/GURPS/Savage Worlds books, you figure it out."
>Legitimately surprised when character creation takes hours even with me trying to help people
>>
>>46456118
>hours
You are lucky. I cannot do chargen for shit until I read whole book and that's usually takes at least a week because I can't concentrate on it.
>>
>>46442222
Dubs+quadriples :O
>>
>"We'll be using the x-card in these sessions"
>"This game will be E6"
>"Only ToB classes are allowed *tips sallet*"
>>
>>46456405
The fuck does any of that mean?
>>
>>46444038
Orientation is just another means of making character 'Snowflake.
>>
>>46456510
You're probably happier not knowing.
>>
>>46444431
>A band of demons escaped from their shithole who killrapemaimstealtroll and having other kinds of fun (CE)
>Bandits running from autorities (NE)
>Any politics game where you want to be successful (LE)
>Black Crusade
>>
>>46456510
E6 is DnD where the maximum level is six, that guy is just retarded because E6 is vastly superior and avoids many issues of high level 3.5.
>>
>>46439465
>"You open the door and you feel sonething different in the air"
>"You don't think they're lying"
>>
>>46456959
>>"You don't think they're lying"

What's wrong with this?
>>
>>46453245
OR they could read any of the multiple threads that fags that infest this board daily.
>>
File: 1455884457014.jpg (31 KB, 600x462) Image search: [Google]
1455884457014.jpg
31 KB, 600x462
How would you react to a character from a modern setting somehow ending up in fantasy D&D?

Obviously not a PC.
>>
>>46444038
The final line of my Shadowrun PC's backstory is "Oh and also he's gay."

That about sums up my feeling on the place of sexual inclination for most PCs. Unless your character has a kink that'll get in the way of the average mission (hilarious) or they're particularly focused around that orientation (less hilarious), it should only be worth a passing mention.
>>
>>46456868
[tipping intensifies]
>>
>>46455867
What about Faerun? I've played a crusader, who refused to worship gods, because no truly good and just deities would allow the Wall to exist.
>>
>>46444038
There's a girl I sometimes game with who just can't refrain from saying her character is gay. It never, ever come up during play, but during character creation she always add at some point that he/she is gay.
I cringe a little everytime.
>>
>>46445263
A full Ork party works perfectly.
>>
>>46455584
Tell us more
>>
>>46456510
Tome of Battle - splatbook, disliked by most of /tg/, also called 'Book of Weaboo Fightan Magic'. Contains spells for fighters.
That's all I could decipher.
>>
>I accept any homebrew content from the fan, unmoderated D&D wiki
Ended up with a group with an elf-orc, an angel, a half-vampire, immortal human, a gnome ghost, and a warforged.
I have a good couple stories about that if anybody wants to listen
>>
>>46457052
Writing thoughts and actions of player character is heresy. "It doesn't seem that they are lying" is better.
>>
>>46457052
Railroading
>>
>>46457362
Yes, stories, stories are good. Greentext for greentext throne!
>>
File: ugh.jpg (48 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
ugh.jpg
48 KB, 500x500
>>46456118
>you're all new
>3.5
>GURPS
>>
>>46456510
To complete what others have said, I think the x-card is akin to a reall life "trigger warning": if the DM or a player says something you're uncomfortable with, you raise the x-card and they have to stop and avoid the subject.
>>
>>46444038
Im like that with most things. A person, and by extension, a character should be a composite of many ideas and traits. That's the main reason I prefer classless systems, it limits boxy associations.
>>
>>46457475
What do you suggest? I'm mostly familiar with RPs by /tg/ and online homebrews...
>>
>>46457570
I too appreciate classless systems for this reason, but I also appreciate class systems because they provide a blank canvas to draw/paint upon. Some times I like to think outside of the box, and some times I like to think of interesting things to do with the box.
>>
>>46457389
Okay anon, this one's for you.

After moving to a different town I was left entirely without a gaming group. I knew nobody in the town, so I went and played in the local Organised Play groups. The experience was quite boring, but isn't the topic of today's story. After the end of the official adventure, I got invited into a home game group. The Saga of the Fish recounts the tales and adventures of that group. All of this is true.

First let me introduce to you the titular character - Fish. Fish is an overweight guy in his mid-20s. He wears a hat with too many "gamer" pins, he wears a trenchcoat and an Ed Hardy shirt. He is a "freelance programmer" (read: NEET) and our GM for the adventure. He has an incredibly round face and large, puffy lips giving him a certain Dagon-esque appearance, which is why for the purpose of this story, we'll call him Fish. Another important character in our story is Fishwife, Fish's girlfriend. She is even more rotund than Fish. I won't describe her too much, as her personality will show throughout the Saga.

Before the game Fish approached me and explained in a serious tone, that he focuses mostly on the backstories of PCs and that it's important that I get that to him as soon as possible. I asked him whether he'd be ok with me using the Warforged from one of the Unearthed Arcana (we were playing D&D5e), he said he was fine. So I created Sprocket, a warforged bard - abandoned by his creator-father, he was on a hunt to find him. He was chatty, friendly and a bit naive. Given that Fish didn't tell me anything about this world, I thought it was a good insert to explore the world and he had enough motivation to be shoved into most adventures (as long as there was something about his dad at the end).

When I arrived at the table with my character, I learned that Fish allowed any and all homebrew content that could be found on D&D Wiki.

... to be continued (typing it up now, so it may be a bit)
>>
>>46457626
I don't know what to suggest because there are plenty of RPGs out there. depends on what you're looking for.
GURPS and 3.5/PF aren't bad or impossible to learn, but they are quite complicated and thus not the best for beginners.
>>
>>46439465
And that's bad because?
>>
>>46457475
GURPS is a great system for beginners.
>>
>>46439869
>DM is inexperienced but luckily he wont let thier shit fly
Your DM isn't that inexperienced. Praise him.
>>
>>46457806
This, the only hard thing about GURPS is GMing
>>
>>46457806
You're right about the system, but the character creation system is not. It's really good, don't get me wrong, but the amount of detail and "sub-systems" you have to take in account can make it discouraging.
>>
>>46457724

If you don't know, D&D Wiki is unmoderated and anybody can upload their creation, whatever it may be. So I sit down at the game table, and lear that my group consists of:
- Me
- An angel warlock, who was cast out from heaven after he sold his soul to the Great Evil for power
- An elforc (half-elf-half-orc) dragon knight, who killed two dragons and kept their hatchling as his personal pet, and who believes he's a god
- A gnome cleric of the god of death
- An 800-year old cursed human witch hunter
- A world-renowned dhampire vampire hunter (a half-vampire who hunted other vampires). This was Fishwife's character.

You would be forgiven thinking that we started the campaign at high levels. After all, we have angels, hunters who honed their skill for centuries, slayers of powerful undead and a guy who killed two dragons himself. No. We were first level adventurers. So much as a rat's sneeze could knock us unconscious. Also, I start doubting if Fish really thought this through and whether this adventure is really PC story driven, since we are an almost irreconcilable mish-mash of characters.

So, we start our game with Fish setting the scene: "you are in the town of Citysville. Some of you have been here for months, some for days. You are in the Verbing Animal tavern. What do you do?". I wish I was joking, but this is a direct quote from him. With retrospect I should have stood up and left the table then and there, but foolishly I didn't. We are told literally nothing about why we're in the town, I must've just been walking by. The only person who has a reason to be in the city is Fishwife - and the theme of the entire plot orbiting about her will become common - but we don't know what it is (only the GM and his girlfriend know, of course).

... to be continued
>>
>>46445132
I'd like to see that one day.
>deathwatch
>mentor
>some smuggler
>last guy is a genestealer hybrid who thinks he's smart when everyone already knows he's a half-xenos
And when the inevitable betrayal happens, he'll say "HA! I know you never saw that coming, foolish humans!"
And they'll say "Shut the fuck up and get back to work."
>>
>>46439465
>My setting is historically accurate so women, gays and other minorities will have it bad
why is this bad if your going for a more realistic campaign this fits, GURPS even has a disadvantage for being a minority. Now a fantasy campaign it's not really necessary but you can still say different cultures and races respect women or men to a different degree. The only problem i would see is if the DM was using to try and push his own ideas.
>>
>>46457938
>- An elforc (half-elf-half-orc) dragon knight, who killed two dragons and kept their hatchling as his personal pet, and who believes he's a god
Man, that's metal.
>>
File: 1454708236887.jpg (113 KB, 960x600) Image search: [Google]
1454708236887.jpg
113 KB, 960x600
>>46457806
>GURPS lite is a great system for beginners
FTFY.
>>
File: fel chuckle.gif (4 MB, 294x233) Image search: [Google]
fel chuckle.gif
4 MB, 294x233
>>46457938

This sounds unbelievably awful.

I feel for you, anon.
>>
File: CCtv4.jpg (117 KB, 715x448) Image search: [Google]
CCtv4.jpg
117 KB, 715x448
>>46455192
What if it's this type of heterochromia? (blue/orange central heterochromia) This is not uncommon in real life, and is especially prevalent among people of Irish descent.
>>
>>46457938
>invites people to play
>everything just for his girlfriend
I CAN ALREADY TELL
THIS IS GOING TO SUCK
>>
>>46452868
I have to disagree with this.

It's not that the alignment makes for bad games, it's that the players that choose CN 1. want a licence to do whatever the fuck or 2. Are just total dickheads of their own right.

I can't exactly say I'm a perfect player, but one of my current characters is a terminally ill archivist. He was LG, but has since decided he'd rather not die in agony and will become a lich. He generally cares for human life, but he will kill to keep himself alive (neutral). He has given up any sort of internal rules to live by, seeing as he wants to be a lich (chaotic).

discuss?
>>
>>46458086
>he doesn't want to die
Meh, okay
>will do anything
Probably neutral, it's not chaotic until he only does it, well, to cause chaos.
>>
>>46457475
5e is simple and easily understood, perfect for newcomers.
>>
>>46458061

We both know what type of heterochromia it is, anon.

It wouldn't have been mentioned otherwise.
>>
>>46458086
Given becoming a lich is something 'unspeakably evil', I'm not sure you can reasonably have someone neutral who aspires to it. Honestly the general description makes me think Chaotic Evil, albeit the cool kind.
>>46458107
Chaotic just implies a complete lack of regard for order. A neutral person with regards to law respects the need for law and order, but only as long as it is convenient, while a chaotic person simply doesn't care.
>>
>>46458148
I though Chaotic was someone who deliberaly goes against the order. Like V against the Norsefire, or the Rebels in Star Wars, or even Wilson in 1984.
>>
>>46458061
>tfw Slavic-Celtic
I'm a double potatonigger and I have em
>>
>>46458148
And how about CG dude who wants to protect the good things at cost of his soul? Like radical inquisitors of 40k
>>
File: 1401129497245.jpg (34 KB, 343x399) Image search: [Google]
1401129497245.jpg
34 KB, 343x399
>>46458086
I would say Arch-Lich (non evil) are a thing, the problem is that they are extremely rare and have never had a detailed process for becoming one (especially in Pathfinder)
if you can talk to your DM saying, "my characters ultimate goal is to become an Arch-Lich" and say that this an end goal, any DM worth his salt can pull it off.
>>
>>46457938

Fishwife enters the tavern and walks up to the bar. She has a winter wolf puppy as her animal companion and proceeds to act out a few minute long scene of her dialogue with the puppy. The dog answers back, with her doing the yips, howls and barks at the table. She then orders some wine (red, of course, she's a dhampire after all) and demands that the barkeep lowers his price. When she gets a 'no' she says 'do you know who I am? Then you know who I hunt', this is level 1 I remind you, 'now you will drop the price to one silver piece and you will thank me for that'. After that fails, she tries to threaten him by saying that she will drain him of his blood (outing yourself as a vampire like that is probably a bad idea, but nobody reacts, of course), but Fish just says she has to pay the full price. Begrudingly, she accepts.

Turns out the tavern is completely full, and the ONLY empty seats are next to the Mysterious Stranger (one of the PCs) in the corner. So, for no reason, we all sit at the table and start small talking. The tavern door bursts open and two goons enter, demanding the Mysterious Stranger pay back his debt. He confirms that he owes that money, after which he brutally assaults the two men and tortures them to death in the middle of the tavern. He then proceeds to throw out the mutilated remains out the door. The barkeep says 'oh Mysterious Stranger, you are a handful' and laughs. My character, a good-natured bard then proceeds to freak the fuck out. He starts shouting about murder, that the guards must be called, that I won't sit at the table with a murderer (I wasn't intending to make the game impossible to play, more just trying to get a reaction out of anybody). Fish then starts freaking out as NPCs, all of them run out, the barkeep shouts at Mysterious Stranger, but doesn't call the guards or anything.

The blood is cleaned up and the Fish says:
>This is a good opportunity for you to share your backstories

... to be continued
>>
>>46458163
It can be either, but generally being good/lawful means being willing to make sacrifices to be good/lawful, being neutral means recognising that good/order is a good thing, but it is generally personally inconvenient, and being chaotic/evil means either a concious choice to be chaotic/evil or having a complete and utter disregard for law/good.
>>46458181
The whole point of radicals is that they're bad guys who don't realise it yet. They do good things, but that doesn't make them good people.
>>
>>46457923
Thats why a GM should help with and supervise character creation. You should be doing that regardless of the system if your dealing with beginners.
>>
>>46458107
>>46458148

After reading your posts, I think neutral rather than chaotic does make more sense.

He's neutral on the good vs. evil spectrum, but this is heavily debated at the table. He raises dead and is probably going to sacrifice a kid sooner or later, but he's killed his fair share of evils too, and his corpses come from evil enemies he's killed in combat.
>>
>>46458231
Then I'm lost about whether or not rebels against the society are chaotics.

Let's take Wilson : he lives in a perfect "order" society where everything is under control, and he rebels against it.
Chaotic or not? Good or Evil?
What about V, the guy from V from Vendetta? He also directs a rebellion, but doesn't hesitate to kill people for that.
Chaotic Good, Neutral or Evil?

All these alignement shit sound like a bunch of >muh opinion, to be honest.
>>
>>46458231
>>46458086

What if the LG cleric wants to become a lich so that he can continue to slay evils even after his years are up?
>>
>>46458306
You're a dick.
>>
>>46458306
Then he starts looking for a means of immortality that doesn't involve committing an unspeakable evil.
>>
>>46458306
Then he should give up the L part, 'coz >doing any evil even for greater good
>>
>>46458283
I think the part worth remembering is that evil acts count a lot more than good acts when it comes to determining alignment. Irredeemably evil is a thing in dnd, incorruptibly good isn't.
>>46458306
Still evil. It's like a radical inquisitor who says "I only learned the sorcerous arts of chaos so as to better fight them!". He's still a heretic.
>>46458289
They're both chaotic. If you want to overturn the current order that's chaotic. Iunno about evil since I don't know the source material enough.
>>
>>46458234
Of course, I always do it (well, except once because the players where experienced and the game simple). But still, GURPS character creation isn't exactly beginner-friendly.
Personnally, I consider a game is good for newcomers if I can easily have the whole group creating their characters at the same time and run a small game almost right after that (scenario written in advance, off course). Which is not something I think I could do with GURPS.
>>
>>46458289
>Lawful: Dura lex sed lex
>Chaotic: ACAB

>Good: being selfless for muh people
>Evil: being selfish dick
>>
>>46458213
So, I'm sitting at the table with a murderer and people who my PC is seeing for the first time in his life and we're sharing our personal stories, our hopes and dreams and our innermost fears. I'm playing along, because I am a good player, but I'm internally groaning. But we're getting a bit into character, actually roleplaying a bit, but every time I start to enjoy myself, Fish interrupts with comments:
>Guys, he's telling his backstory, you should listen
>You should be noting this down
Eventually even:
>You all turn to Fishwife, as she is the only one who hasn't told you her backstory yet
She didn't end up saying much. She said we all knew who she was. Besides, she is super edgy, dark and mysterious, so we can't know too much about her, right?

Eventually Fish decides we know enough of each other's backstories. Fishwife and Mysterious Stranger walk off upstairs, discuss her plan (again, her as the engine of the """plot"""). She wants to kill the head of a vampire clan and decides wer are absolutely vital for that task to succeed. She and Mysterious Stranger walk over to us to convince us when SUDDENLY the door is bashed in and brigands enter! We enter a combat which lasts AN HOUR AND A HALF and is super boring:
>roll
>ok you miss
>roll
>ok you make the save, nothing happens
Eventually Fishwife gets frustrated, because she can't hit the "boss" and why is the boss hitting her, because she has an immense need of being the best at everything. Fish becomes angry, starts shouting at her that "SHE HAS MULTIATTACK" and that he can "SHOW HER THE BOOK SO SHE CAN SEE THE MODIFIERS". After this tantrum we eventually kill the bandits.

Guards conveniently show up as we kill her, tell us that we've killed the bandit who terrorised the town. There is a reward, we must go to the keep to meet the lord, who will give it to us. But me must go in the next five minutes! Why? Who knows. What an adventure.

This was session 1. There were 9 more.
>>
>>46458370
>He's still a heretic.
That's what YOU say, puritan!
>>
>>46458385
So by that logic, Winston, V, Luke Skywalker and even the XCOMs are Chaotic Good?
>>
>>46439880
>Believable
>Appropriate for level 1
>Not a novel
>Not an outright cliche
>Potential Plot hook (desertion) with deep role playing and character developement possibilities

That might actually be one of the better backstories I've seen.
>>
>>46458436
Why they aren't?
>>
>>46444431
>Does anyone ever fucking play a game that manages to get a group to play any orientation of evil?
I got one going right now. It's easy to make it work because it's a setting based on modern African politics.
>>
>>46458322
:)
>>46458332
Eternal life is universally not okay for good people in d&d, but for the sake of the argument this is the only way he knows how.
>>46458336
>>46458370
I'd still say it should be lawful good. It is a purely calculated decision in an effort to make the world a better place. I guess this debatable, but it's a good action to kill someone innocent if it's for the common good.
>>
>>46458397
>Fish becomes angry, starts shouting at her that "SHE HAS MULTIATTACK" and that he can "SHOW HER THE BOOK SO SHE CAN SEE THE MODIFIERS". After this tantrum we eventually kill the bandits.

I got a right good chuckle out of this.
>>
>>46458436
Well, maybe for LGs some laws are more disregarded. Like "YOUR LAWS ARE NOTHING YOU PETTY KING, I ONLY OBEY LAWS OF MY GOD/HEART/etc"
>>
>>46458450
Just asking to be sure. the whole chaotic thing confuses me.

Would a paladin (Lawful good) considered oppressive and "evil"? I dunno, if he enforces some stupid law that makes people unhappy?
>>
>>46458471
>Eternal life is universally not okay for good people in d&d
[CITATION NEEDED]
>>
>>46458492
Ok well the only answer I can give you that I know is true is: there's an inevitable that kills those who cheat death, inevitables are designed to hunt and kill creatures who breaks laws, moral or otherwise. It's not concrete evidence but it does suggest that eternal life is evil.
>>
>>46458479
If a paladin is Lawful Good, he wouldn't enforce a law that hurts other people.

Good and Evil are physical, objective things in D&D. There is no grey.
>>
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 800x2949) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 800x2949
>>46458492
Of course you can be good and immortal, it's just some of the paths involve evil acts to become so. Others(see 20th lvl discoveries for both wiz and alchemist) are purely neutral in the way you become immortal, and don't effect you alinement
>>
>>46458479
Aligment is about the view from inside da skull. Lawful Good paladin who makes bad law thinks the law he forces is good.
>>
>>46458471
>it's a good action to kill someone innocent if it's for the common good.
No it isn't. Evil acts are evil acts in dnd morality, and lichdom is explicitly stated to be an unspeakably evil act. That's not even mentioning that undeath warps the soul such that he'll probably end up evil anyway.
>>46458530
Inevitibles just uphold the natural order, nothing more. There's also a type of inevitable that hunts down time travellers, and another that protects all gods, evil or otherwise, including people who just became gods by killing another god. They uphold Law, nothing else.
>>
>>46458557
So a paladin is unable to make the wrong choice?
>>
>>46458530
Baelorn (or how these elfy good undead are called)?
>>
File: 21d4c893.gif (467 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
21d4c893.gif
467 KB, 200x200
>>46445729
>The most broad statement ever about history
>Women lived good lives, everyone was accepting of gays, minorities definitely weren't looked at with suspicion or enslaved u guise...
>>
>>46458530
Naw that's more your just unbalancing the cosmos a bit, less evil, more unlawful in a cosmic sense.
>>
>>46458530
>>46458579
Aren't Inevitables LN?
>>
>>46458580
I didn't say that.
>>
>>46446361
> im totally down for this campaign
> Im going to roll with a black dindu barbarian who hails from the magical land of Ferguson
>>
How finely we derailed the thread from "red flags" to "aligment discussion"
>>
>>46446361
My character will be a white Rogue who steals shit and is racist as fuck but too cowardly to insult the rest of the party to their faces.
>>
>>46458604
They are, and lawful insane at that. Like as mentioned, say an inevitable is tasked with foiling an attempt at god killing. They fail, and a group of adventurers is tasked with killing the leader of the attempt, now a god himself. The same inevitable would now try to stop the adventurers, protecting the man it tried to kill a few weeks prior.
>>
>>46458373
Yeah I admit creating a group of characters as a GURPS GM is tough, so I would agree chargen isn't too begginer friendly, but if you do it individually it's really not bad.
>>
File: 1459284176379.gif (646 KB, 512x481) Image search: [Google]
1459284176379.gif
646 KB, 512x481
>DM says something that prompts a response
>The demon ogre is just standing there sharpening his blade and looking scary
>The robot is standing completely still, but I can see in her eyes that she's ready to start a massacre at the first sign of trouble
>The elf isn't even here, she's probably getting drunk and sleeping with strangers again
>And so I'm the party face and I do all the damn talking again
>>
>>46458657
> implying white nationalists often steal things
> Muh cultural appropriation >:(
> The ultimate form of theft.....
>>
File: Herc.jpg (9 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
Herc.jpg
9 KB, 200x200
>>46454333
These trips carry the ring of truth.

I find more than this is an indicator that the player is a showboating narcissist who will try to constantly spin the game into being about them to the detriment of everyone else involved.
>>
>>46457218
I see you've played Neverwinter Nights.
>>
>>46458620
Not the hero we want
But the hero we need
*dramatic music*
>camera pans the Dindu the Barbarian belting out his famous warcry "WWWOOOORRRLLDSTARRR!!!"
>>
>>46439880
I can already tell I would hate to play with you. Save your special snowflake backstories for your shitty fanfic writing club.
>>
>>46439829
The fuck's wrong with playing dragonborn? It's just...a race. It's like having an issue with playing a cleric.
>>
>>46440957
>says the guy who made a comment about OP's general stupidity into something specifically about editions
I bet you play Pathfinder.
>>
>>46441026
I'm sorry for asking this but why didn't you stop her back at character creation when she first tried to hand you a 5-page backstory and calmly and politely explain to her that the campaign is meant to be the meat of her PC's story and the background is just that, meant to answer only a few basic questions and lay SOME ground-work for why her PC thinks and acts the way they do at the beginning; and when you have a 5 pages worth of backstory it leads most to conclude that the most interesting events of the character's life, the parts worth remembering and committing to song and story, have already happened and their tale ended long ago. Either that or that the bulk of the backstory is unnecessary filler that did not need to be told.

Bad Player Character concepts are like nasty cuts, better to treat it right away, than to wait and risk infection.
>>
>>46449826
>>46449826
There is magic for PCs, with two classes especially for it. But magic is very risky if you do more than small things. Spells have a chance of backfiring and giving temp stat damage. You brought a skeleton to life. But because you underrolled he's trying to kill you.

Source: I've been running a game of Iron Heroes for years. And I would recommend it if you like creative combat mechanics and low magic settings.
>>
>>46444238
I'm literally that guy. I just want to play as a skeleton necromancer and raise other skeletons. I got good inspiration from a mtg card too.
Augur of skulls, skeleton wizard, flavor text reads "he seaches every skull for a way to preserve his failing undeath."

I wanna play a skeleton wizard who isn't looking for lichdom, he's just looking to not die. Maybe have the skeleton bit even be a spell gone wrong. In order to give him a fun personality to role play and give him an additional flaw, he's so afraid of dieing, he's actually a scardy cat. His teeth literally chatter and his bones rattle if he's afraid.

Sadly, my buddy likes to play in low magic settings, so I haven't gotten the chance to play a skeleton wizard. If he DMs, he won't let me play a skeleton because "skeletons can't be intelligent".
>>
>>46459319
I hate people like this. anybody who takes orders from a book ought to be sterilized
>>
File: image.gif (2 MB, 448x252) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
2 MB, 448x252
>>46459319
>skeletons can't be intelligent
>when skeletal champions exist
I think it's your friend who isn't intelligent
>>
>>46459441
THE CODEX ASTARTE DOES NOT SUPPORT THIS ACTION
>>
>I roll to sense motive (on the random passerby NPC)

This is always a red flag that they are about to roll sense motive on every single person that they talk to
>>
File: God These Muslims are Crazy.jpg (111 KB, 1023x863) Image search: [Google]
God These Muslims are Crazy.jpg
111 KB, 1023x863
>>46459485
How are you any different?
>>
>>46444038

There's a modern push-back against referring to sexuality as an "identity" based on Michel Foucault's writing on discursive sexualities. The general idea is that the sex acts you do and prefer should not be a part of your identity any more than the types of food you like or the genres of music you're a fan of, rather than being right up there with gender and race. It puts a lot of progressives on their ass because it essentially shames them for trying to celebrate LGBT+ identities and encouraging their friends to "come out of the closet" for essentially putting them in the closet in the first place.
>>
>>46459708
Go back to /pol/ and take your political cartoons with you
>>
>>46459708
C'est dur d'ĂȘtre aimĂ© par des cons.
>>
>>46458599
At least in the medieval period. Things didn't start getting bad until the Renaissance.
>>
File: Barrett.jpg (12 KB, 236x281) Image search: [Google]
Barrett.jpg
12 KB, 236x281
>"You're not allowed to play X class."
>"Ok, I'll be Y class."
>"Ok."
>Game starts
>NPC shows up
>He's X class and he wants to travel with us

Why?
>>
>>46459733
I remember that shit I read on a tumblr, where a former SJW explained that she just didn't had any libido, and told how she got harassed by others SJWs who explained her that she was lesbian and that it was nothing to be ashamed of.
Turned out she wasn't lesbian, just didn't had any sex drive.
>>
>>46460053
Because bad DMs want their characters to be special snowflakes, just like bad players.
>>
>>46460053
DMPC gonna DMPC and doesn't want you hogging his special spotlight.
>>
>>46458397
REST
You... DOUBLE MON-KEIGH
>>
>>46459980
>At least in the medieval period.
Women were supposed to be subserviant to men in most christian lands during the Medieval period, and while plenty of lip-service was given most people's lives were hard enough as it was that no one could be bothered to enforce gender roles.

Homosexuality was not accepted during that time, but it wasn't hard to run a line of bullshit to cover the relationship up.

lastly, no, European people at that time really didn't see other races as necessarily inferior, but rather as an unusual oddity, or as something strange and exotic. Now openly practicing a religion that obviously wasn't Christianity, THAT would get you into a heap of trouble.

Medieval Europe may not have been a pleasant place, and I don't think anyone here is saying anything to the contrary, but if you know the region and cultures, you can get by.
>>
>>46455899
Sounds like he's asking for a smiting.

>try disbelieving in this thunderbolt, bitch.
>>
>>46444872
Sounds like you were doing it right. Carry on.
>>
>>46445263
I'd rather play with him than anyone who even THINKS of bringing up the fucking Dark Eldar supplement. Christ, there's no excuse for that shit.
>>
>>46458436
Why would X-COM be Chaotic? They're a lawful uniformed organization.
>>
File: fallout 4 high charisma.jpg (287 KB, 512x1024) Image search: [Google]
fallout 4 high charisma.jpg
287 KB, 512x1024
>>46458397
This is getting good, plz post more Anon. I want to know what happened to Sprocket.
>>
>>46457052
>What's wrong with this?
Players tell you what their characters are thinking, not the other way around.
>>
>>46460449
In XCOM 2, they fight against the order imposed by the aliens. It makes them terrorists.
>>
Obvious bait is obvious.
>>
File: 1455983029821.png (496 KB, 853x537) Image search: [Google]
1455983029821.png
496 KB, 853x537
>>46460500
>>
>>46457052
Show. Don't tell.
Works with literally everything.

Except porno.
>>
>>46460500

Now I wanna put a parody of X-Com in my campaign, have some Yuan-ti Pureblood Thin Mints.
>>
>>46460548
Do it. Don't promise.
>>
>>46457344
>by most of /tg/
Maybe 6 years ago.

Most people have realized it's not a problem by now.
>>
>>46459270
You mean the optional classes that the game itself suggests not to use and were only added because people would have a shitfit if it truely had no caster classes? Yeah I don't count those.

In Iron Heroes, it's best to stick with the not-magic and stay with the awesome creative combat mechanics. Did I just run up the giant's hairy arm and leap to his face where I am clinging to his handlebar mustache with one arm and punching his face with the other? Hell yeah I am!
>>
>>46460500
Laws are not objective. The aliens are the ruling party enforcing thier laws on Earth, but XCOM is still a lawful uniformed organization.
>>
>>46452930
How is that a pony thing? Strong farm worker needing money to save the family farm is like that oldest backstory ever.
>>
>>46460859
http://mlp.wikia.com/wiki/Big_McIntosh

He's pretty huge compared to everyone else.
>>
File: 4u.jpg (123 KB, 494x411) Image search: [Google]
4u.jpg
123 KB, 494x411
>>46460910
For you.
>>
>>46446441
>Play a game where you can be something different from real life
>Still play a queer

Matrix_Neo_Asks_Morpheus_Why_he's_Still_a_Nigger.png
>>
>>46439798
>>It's what my character would do! [accusatory/defensive tone]
This is indeed used as an excuse for shitty gaming, but it's also quite frequently used in perfectly good faith.

Roleplaying shouldn't be entirely dead in fucking roleplaying games. Too many people get pissy when someone does something suboptimal because they forgot the RP part of RPG.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 41

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.