[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Pathfinder General /pfg/
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 75
File: 1415102338507.jpg (124 KB, 653x900) Image search: [Google]
1415102338507.jpg
124 KB, 653x900
Pathfinder General - /pfg/

Old Art Edition

Unified /pfg/ link repository:
>http://pastebin.com/YhdxTQS6

Ultimate Intrigue leaks:
>classes: http://imgur.com/a/tlwEX
>feats: http://imgur.com/a/PA4eT
>items: http://imgur.com/a/RzJiF

Old Thread: >>46427817
>>
First for Shelyn a worst! WORST!

And ugly too! UGLY!
>>
Zon-Zon's old hat. Redemption is old hat! WE'RE ON THAT NEW SHIT NOW!

So, proportionately speaking, how much cuter will Abaddon be once Naderi finally succumbs to the whispers and then immediately steals Zyphus' seat at the big table?

Also assume someone will have killed Ahriman by this point, because honestly it's just a matter of time.
>>
File: 1391271686408.jpg (177 KB, 1024x576) Image search: [Google]
1391271686408.jpg
177 KB, 1024x576
Shelyn is a precious little princess and I'll beat the FUCK out of anybody that thinks she's Worst Girl!
>>
>>46437503
That shield makes me angry
>>
>>46437574
The way she's holding it makes me cry.
>>
File: water earth fire air.gif (990 KB, 500x315) Image search: [Google]
water earth fire air.gif
990 KB, 500x315
Fifth for Elemental Lords articles WHEN?
>>
>>46437572
Good luck I'm behind 7 demiplanes
>>
one eyed giants are my favorite type
>>
File: 1433510032874.jpg (255 KB, 1010x932) Image search: [Google]
1433510032874.jpg
255 KB, 1010x932
>>46437513

It sound like you want to play a Magus that can craft constructs.

>http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/base-classes/magus
>http://www.d20pfsrd.com/feats/item-creation-feats/craft-construct-item-creation
>>
File: szuriel.png (755 KB, 867x1324) Image search: [Google]
szuriel.png
755 KB, 867x1324
>>46437571
Assuming Zyphus is actually booted out, they'll have gone from four dudes, two girls, and a dumb genie-monster to three dudes, three girls, and a dead dumb genie-monster.

That's like a 30% increase in cuteness, possibly more if Naderi can convince Szuriel to get a makeover.
>>
File: Doviculus_Demon_King.jpg (23 KB, 626x352) Image search: [Google]
Doviculus_Demon_King.jpg
23 KB, 626x352
>>46437571
Atulia go home, your meat puppet is soggy and your performance has no heart

Also, Kytons are 100% superior to loser Daemons and Sahkils
>>
Not trying to spam just double checking; this is a DSP question; does the ordained defender and fiendbound marauder archetypes stack?
>>
File: PZO9290-Zyphus.jpg (250 KB, 1200x800) Image search: [Google]
PZO9290-Zyphus.jpg
250 KB, 1200x800
>>46437571
>>46437698
>implying you can make the pointlessness of being go away

Her epic and storied journey ends in an accidental suicide.
>>
>>46437758
Yes. Archetypes always stack if they don't change the same class feature
>>
>>46437758
Yes. The Ordained Defender replaces nothing that the Fiendbound also would replace.
>>
File: 1459385646079.jpg (1 MB, 2550x3300) Image search: [Google]
1459385646079.jpg
1 MB, 2550x3300
>>46437760
Go back to your commercials, Mayhem. Everyone's tired of pretending you're anything more than Urgathoa's latest live-in fuckboi.

>"like a single mosquito in a large formal ball - unpleasant and noisy, but difficult to eradicate without detracting from the overall pleasant atmosphere"
>>
File: tumblr_o22jjsiV291runtd9o1_500.jpg (148 KB, 500x707) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o22jjsiV291runtd9o1_500.jpg
148 KB, 500x707
(Reposting in this thread like a faggot since I posted it just as the last one died)
So I want to make Fantasy Count Dooku here.

Which means that I'll need
>Force Wizardry
Lightning, Drain Life, Telekinesis in particular.

>Form II Lightsaber Combat
This would likely translate into the use of a Rapier or a dueling sword

>Battle Droids
This part is optional, but I would love to branch out into Necromancy or some other form of summoning to get minor skeleton cannon fodder/servants/spies. Granted, I doubt I could get the overwhelming numbers required to make them truly combat viable unless I focused really heavily into it, but it would be cool.

I would use Sorcerer for this, right? I'd go human, though I'm not sure it would be worth it to pursue Dueling Mastery.
http://www.d20pfsrd.com/feats/combat-feats/aldori-dueling-mastery

Since I don't have as many feats available as I did as a fighter, and that represents 5 feats right there.

I'e like to use as few third party elements as possible, unless there's like, one third party spell which perfectly mimics force lightning/force storm to the point that it would be retarded NOT to use it.

>>46437623
I feel like the Magus is a bit too evenly split between magic and swordplay, while I definitely want to focus more on the magic side of things (plus, sorcerors use CHA, which would fit my role in the party as the team Face)
>>
>>46437862
YES HELLO YOU CALLED FOR MOSQUITO?
>>
Tell me about your sessions this weekend, /pfg/!
>>
>>46437975
My players successfully made it through the Fires of Creation book! They somehow decided to keep Meyanda alive to question her, and I found out that the gearsmen are a lot harder than I was expecting. I got three of the players down to single digits, but they persevered!
>>
So, /pfg/, where can I obtain the ability to self-recover, allowing my deceased character to keep on resurrecting?

Any and all 1pp allowed, hoping to do this before 10th-level.
>>
>>46437868
for the battle droids, I suggest Craft Construct. Golems are expensive, but generally effective if you upgrade and customize them. I suggest using the Alchemical Golem or Skullripper Golem, both are cheap and offer a good "chasis" to upgrade. Check out the Robot and Clockwork templates, both are worth adding to the golem, along with extra HD, ability boosts, and their own magic gear.

Not sure you'll be able to make a decent sword fighter with sorcerer. If you don't want to do Magus, you could consider Eldritch Knight or Hellknight Signifier prcs.
>>
>>46437975
My Way of the Wicked in Tian Xia campaign wiped yesterday, but my spiritualist managed to die in the most tragic way possible.
>>
>>46437868
You might have to use PoW to do it.

Take 2 levels of Warlord (Charisma based initiator), focusing on Scarlet Throne and Golden Lion.

>http://www.d20pfsrd.com/path-of-war/classes/warlord

Take 4 levels of Sorcerer to get 2nd level spells and +4 BAB total. I hope you don't care about the loss of Bloodline advancement. If you take the Undead bloodline, you can use jedi mind tricks on undead.

Take the Bladecaster prestige class to advance your initiator and caster levels.

>http://www.d20pfsrd.com/path-of-war/prestige-classes/bladecaster
>>
>>46438012
Reincarnated druid, a racial archetype for samsarans.
>>
>>46437975
My group is basically dead until this summer.

So let's say I wanted to start a campaign with the PC's investigating a haunted house. Where could it lead from there?
>>
>>46438033
...that's not a racial archetype, anon. It's got nothing to do with samsarans.
>>
>>46438040
EPIC HAUNTED HOUSE PRANK [IN THE HOOD] [GONE WRONG] [GONE SEXUAL] [BOW PULLED] [SHOTS FIRED]

>>46438057
Oh, my bad, I was thinking of reincarnated oracle. Yeah, the druid one's got no racial restriction, which is nice.
>>
File: 1435361585389.jpg (262 KB, 736x981) Image search: [Google]
1435361585389.jpg
262 KB, 736x981
>>46438025
Repeatedly rolling "1s"?

PC betrayal?

Pointless sacrifice?
>>
>>46437975
>well.. one of my players have a pig and they were talking about how they would like to do a dungeoncrawl light.
So the guy with the pig said "Dig pig" and the pig started digging.. straight into a random generated dungeon using some rules we found on the internet.
It was pretty good although one of my players almost got stuck in a trap room.

On the plus side I discovered that I am horrible at puzzle rooms. What do you guys do for puzzles in dungeons?
>>
File: 1452838740133.jpg (38 KB, 513x524) Image search: [Google]
1452838740133.jpg
38 KB, 513x524
>>46437975
We played Dawn of the Scarlet Sun with four level 4~5 characters and almost wiped. One of the worst modules I've ever played. A CR10 Succubus Assassin and a Bazuu against a party with no one who can cast light or has darkvision is not a challenge:its a slaughter.
>>
File: PF Cleric of Zyphus.jpg (91 KB, 677x1046) Image search: [Google]
PF Cleric of Zyphus.jpg
91 KB, 677x1046
>>46437862
Why not just give up? Naderi already wants you to anyway.
>>
File: Wait, what.gif (919 KB, 480x270) Image search: [Google]
Wait, what.gif
919 KB, 480x270
>>46438389
>nobody has a cantrip/orison or a super common racial trait
?
>>
>>46438300
Basically, the party had to infiltrate a castle and slowly whittle it down. I got captured, and interrogated by a paladin. After a few days of questioning and the party not saving me, I told him how an oni cursed my dead daughter's soul to haunt me as an anger phantom and how once again, I was fucked over by an oni. That's when I died to the blood geas for telling about my dark master coincidentally when the party decided to try to storm the castle and save me. They then fired a firework signalling the bugbear army with 0 points, so the campaign failed.
>>
>>46437975
No session this week, I went to a 40k Apocalypse game co-joined with one guy's b-day celebration. It spiraled from warhams and associated wargaming through drunken casual games to jubilant wearing horse head and half-naked men slapping each other with dildos.
But hey, free booze, no regrets.
>>
File: Dooku_MagnaGuards_TCW.png (774 KB, 1920x816) Image search: [Google]
Dooku_MagnaGuards_TCW.png
774 KB, 1920x816
>>46437975
Well, our monk ended up RE-poisoning the water of Falcon's Hollow during a side-campaign during the week doing some freelance work for Thuldrin Kreed, and made himself a fugitive after intimidating judges and committing multiple acts of extortion and arson. In the meantime, my Elven Legionary was doing inquisitorial work for the Church of Iomedae in order to get the funds to repair my Mithril Tower Shield that was given to me by the goddess and crushed by an ice demon.

When we all got back together this weekend, the Monk was arrested upon walking into an Almas bank to withdraw funds to pay for boat passage to go to Osirion and retrieve a cure for whatever it was that he dumped into the town well.

I discovered that the touch of divinity I recieved did not provide me as much clout within the church as I thought, and over my (Lawful Neutral) objections, the monk, who was obviously guilty, was broken out of prison, we traveled to osirion for all of an hour to nab the cure, high-tailed it back to Falcon's hollow, and now my DM is considering starting us all back at level 1 because certain party members are cheating.

Which is why I'm trying to make a Sith Lord

>>46438021
I'll take craft construct, and focus on a couple of Super Droids/IG-100/a Grievous instead of a horde of B1s

Thing is, both classes use Heavy Armor. I'm sticking to robes for magic. That's what I'm really concerned about.

>>46438027
That might work. But then I won't have force lightning, will I?
>>
>>46438449
SLA as Darkness
>Magical light sources only increase the light level in an area if they are of a higher spell level than darkness.
Yeah, the only way to counter "Darkness" at level 4 is Darkvision, the "Light" spell or Dispel Magic. The party had none of those three things. The (I think he was a Bloodrager variant or Brawler?) managed to use some Martial Flexibility variant to get Blind-Fight, but even that just barely helped. The Healer being taken out in the first round by "Suddenly Succubus" didn't help either.
>>
>>46438554
But anon, Light is a cantrip or orison. A level 0 spell. Surely SOMEONE had level 0 spells?

This is also exactly the reason I almost never play humans. Lack of darkvision will get you dead if your DM decides to use any form of darkness against you.
>>
>>46438539
You are either going to be shit at fighting or shit at force lightning. There is no inbetween. The Bladecaster suggestion is the closest you're going to get to a Sith lord.

Also, PF is not Star Wars, and while wearing little to no armor CAN work, you need to invest a lot in spells and items to make sure your defenses are up to snuff. It most certainly will not just be passive competence.
>>
>>46438539
Lightning Bolt and Sheet Lightning are 3rd level spells.
Ball Lightning is a 4th level spell.
Chain Lightning is a 6th level spell.

Pick one.

You could also take Solar Wind (Air version) or Elemental Flux (with Advanced Study) to get lightning maneuvers.
>>
Does /pfg/ use haunts?
>>
File: daisy.png (17 KB, 80x80) Image search: [Google]
daisy.png
17 KB, 80x80
>>46438595
The Wizard actually tried using their Wayfinder to light his way out of it. But read what I quoted. A 0-level light spell does nothing in a 2nd-level Darkness. Period.

The party was an Elf Wizard, Kitsune Oracle, Human Bloodrager(?) and Human Swashbuckler. We really could have used a Dwarf.
>>
>>46438702
My favorite haunt is my room.
>>
File: 1458436240339.jpg (56 KB, 517x572) Image search: [Google]
1458436240339.jpg
56 KB, 517x572
>>46438717
>Human Swashbuckler

I have no sympathy.
>>
>>46437975
>boss fight on the first floor of an haunted house start,
>the enemy revenant try to escape, i order everyone to chase him through the house
>Druid jumps out of the window, turns into an eagle, decide it's the perfect time to explore the surrounding instead of chasing the boss
>he dives into a deep water well, finds a secret underwater tunnel, he turns into human and goes through it
>he explore a cave alone and gets cornered by a giant zombie bat into a hole, DM ruling that the bat is too big to squeeze in and eat his face. Druid has no more useful spells/daily powers and can't get out.
>we are not aware of where he is, we chase the revenant into the canteen and start the battle against the boss the chapter, defeat him, then go to town searching desperately for our druid

the fuck was he thinking.
>>
File: 40322.jpg (31 KB, 380x312) Image search: [Google]
40322.jpg
31 KB, 380x312
>>46437975
My Saturday night session that I DM went okay. One of the PCs snuck away from the party and went into an area that I basically hinted at them not to go into right now. He woke up the CR 15 dragon inside and nearly got the entire party killed. The good news is we got rid of "That Guy" in our group finally after kicking him off, and even now he's trying to start drama at the table by texting other group members and shit. Also I'm 90% sure he is a pedo.

My Sunday morning game where I play as an old guy Investigator went great for me. We had one boss fight and the guy couldn't hit me nor could he cast fear on me. So basically while all the young people are running and screaming for their lives this old guy up front is going toe-to-toe with a large demon and comes out without a scratch on him. Not gonna lie, felt like a badass.
>>
>>46438768
This their first time having a fit of retardation? If not why are they still at the table?
>>
>>46438539
>Force Lightning

You can also spend a trait to get Elemental Flux from Path of War: Expanded, which nets you electricity maneuvers.
>>
>>46437623
It's sad but that's more or less directly what he said.

Then Anakin Bumblefuck went and tried using the wrong one on his pregnant wife.
>>
File: FEJoshua.png (658 KB, 827x1165) Image search: [Google]
FEJoshua.png
658 KB, 827x1165
So /pfg/, I want to figure out exactly how many things I can stack onto a single attack. Anything from manuevers, boosts, feats, magic items, anything at all that can stack onto a single strike. Give me AC, Attack bonus, bonus damage, status effects, free movement, whatever. So long as it gives me an effect for a single strike per turn, and works for a dex-based character using the bushi template.
>>
>>46438449
Technically wouldn't the old videogame trick of "I fire infinite amounts of fucking fire" also work? If that's the case than even a KINETICIST could make a difference in there.

How does a party's ability fall so far that "well we would have been okay if we'd just had a kineticist" could ever be spoken?
>>
File: chesh_kionchi.jpg (120 KB, 500x550) Image search: [Google]
chesh_kionchi.jpg
120 KB, 500x550
>>46438764
Don't look at me. I'm the Oracle getting all nine-tails by level 7 then dipping into Sorcerer for Level 8 2/Day DC26 Serpentine Dominate Person. Or would DC28 without Serpentine be better? I do like having the option of including more than just humanoids in my harem...
>>
>>46438892
I like how no one knows the rules to Darkness until it hits you. Darkness suppresses all light-sources except magical light of level 2 or higher.
>>
>>46438717
Huh, so it is. I almost never play races with no darkvision, so it never comes up for my characters.

>>46438892
Nope! I mean, REALISTICALLY it would, but PF and realistic don't belong in the same book, let alone the same sentence.
>>
File: ZwbAior.jpg (246 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
ZwbAior.jpg
246 KB, 1280x720
I liked the elemental lord of fire.
>>
>>46438799
>This their first time having a fit of retardation?

well of course it's the second time he does something incredibly stupid in a RPG, and the first time he actually got the party wiped and campaign ended

why are they still at the table?

he is a friend. We don't get mad for game related thigs ( but our characters technically do).
>>
File: 9A93D9p.gif (405 KB, 359x270) Image search: [Google]
9A93D9p.gif
405 KB, 359x270
>>46438973
The worst is when it hits an inexperienced rogue. "Oh awesome! Darkness! I can totally stealth in-oh, all my enemies have concealment? I guess I can't sneak-attack them, even if they are flat-footed!"
>>
>>46438963
Eh. That's okay.
Even if we ignore the fact that my character has darkvision, I'd just do what I usually do then.

Fire rockets into the general direction of the enemies until the screaming stops
>>
>>46438662
Damn. In that case, I'll be shit at fighting. I've been running melee classes long enough that I want to give hardcore magic a try. The sword is more of a clutch weapon. I'd rather invest in buffs for my party to protect me and magical shields, since nobody else in may group likes to run standard magic users and I alone would be filling the niche.

>>46438669
Right, what I mean is that he suggested I take Sorceror only to level 4, which only nets me 2nd level spells although I see now that each level of bladecaster is equivalent to a higher level in sorceror where spellcasting is concerned. I first read it to mean that it just added another use of spells already unlocked.

But this looks good. That's 16 levels accounted for, and my DM's adventure path takes me up to 18, he says.

I do see, though, that Warlord considers Dex a dump stat, and strength to be of paramount importance, while the use of Dueling Swords focuses heavily on Dex, and Sorceror considers Str a dump stat.

Am I just taking the two levels of warlord just for the combat maneuvers? Or is there something else there that's important?
>>
>>46439014
Darkvision was the shit atop the shit sundae.

We walk into the room and find a prisoner. We are instantly suspicious of her and begin using sense motive and detect magic, finally going up to cast "touch of truthtelling". She Death Attacks the caster and teleports away. Two rounds later she (and a sphere of darkness) are blocking the only exit of the catacombs along with her Babau.

How a party of four level 4-5 PCs can take out an At-Will teleporting, Dominate Person, Babau Summoning, +11/+6 1d8+5+1d6 sneak full-rounding, flying, DR 10, SR 18, 26 AC 122 hit point outsider is beyond me.
>>
So, nothing is stopping an Adept 11 from becoming a Lich, right?
>>
File: alexia.jpg (860 KB, 1024x939) Image search: [Google]
alexia.jpg
860 KB, 1024x939
>>46439170
Forgot the image.
>>
File: Count Dooku (Art-deWhill).jpg (205 KB, 900x1189) Image search: [Google]
Count Dooku (Art-deWhill).jpg
205 KB, 900x1189
>>46439091
Bladecaster lets you cast spells in light armor.

Take an even number of levels of each class to raise your Initiator Level. The 2nd level of Warlord is to raise your BAB to get you in to Bladecaster by level 7, one more maneuver known, and one more maneuver readied. Take one level of Warlord, then 4 levels of Sorcerer. When you take the second level of Warlord at level 6, your IL will be 5, so you can take 3rd level maneuvers.

You can have a Dex-based Warlord. The priority is Dex > Cha > Con > Int > Wis > Cha.
>>
>>46439193
>Each lich must create its own phylactery by using the Craft Wondrous Item feat. The character must be able to cast spells and have a caster level of 11th or higher. The phylactery costs 120,000 gp to create and has a caster level equal to that of its creator at the time of creation.

Biggest question would be where an Adept 11 got all that money.
>>
>>46439196
122hp, Touch AC 15
oh that poor poor girl
>>
>>46439321
I even got Hold Person last level. But alas. Outsider. If the Wizard had Darkvision I'm sure the fight would have gone different.
>>
>>46439299
>>46439091

I meant Dex > Cha > Con > Int > Wis > Str.
>>
>>46439170
>a party of four level 4-5 PCs
Blame your GM. Well, moreso.

>Dawn of the Scarlet Sun is designed for a group of six 5th-level characters... If you only have 4 players, they should be 6th level when attempting this adventure
>>
File: gokarts.jpg (16 KB, 500x282) Image search: [Google]
gokarts.jpg
16 KB, 500x282
>tfw you're hyped to find the Inner Sea Faiths leaks for more character options for your cleric of Hanspur
>mfw Hanspur is literally the only deity not leaked
>>
>>46439397
We we're warned and aware. Two other people couldn't show up and the character's were fairly optimized.
>>
File: Encouraging Roar.png (205 KB, 800x900) Image search: [Google]
Encouraging Roar.png
205 KB, 800x900
>>46437975
The Mythic Campaign finally continued!

After our encounter with the Dolgrims and Dolgaunts that roamed the streets, we continued to periodically run into packs of Spellgorged and Apocalypse zombie. The Spellgourged spewed swarms and fireballs at the party; the Apocalypse zombies for those who may not remember are also packed with Alchemist bombs. They haven't been fun to take out. Regardless, we managed to bore our way through the burning streets, taking advantage of the weakened buildings and plowing our way to the Lightning Rail station where we eventually ran into someone who wasn't undead!

She was a Dwarven woman who seemed to have been one can short of a six-pack, dawning a hydra for legs! But with a swift charge and a few lucky hits, our new Warder was able to quickly take it out! ..Or so we thought; the hydra vanished as the woman descended to the ground below. Much like in Korranberg, it seems as though we've met another rather unfriendly Synthesist Summoner. Our Gunslinger, Kolt, was able to nail her with a headshot and stave off her normal actions for a round. Lucky for us, especially since our Warder friend had been suddenly overtaken with a surprise Spellgorged harking a Suffocation spell on him.

It wasn't long before all enemies were dispatched and the Suffocation spell neutralized. However, our Warpriest is beginning to feel the burn on keeping the party alive and we have yet to reach the station and take back what was left of the city from the invading forces' control, but we still don't know what lies in wait for us.
>>
Help me out here, /pfg/: is there a place where I can find an HD-sorted list of fey? I want to know what my options would be if I did a build around this new spell:

ENTICE FEY, LESSER
School conjuration (calling); Level bard 4, druid 5, medium 3, ranger 4, shaman 5
Casting Time 10 minutes
Components V, S, M (offerings worth 500 gp plus payment, see text), DF
Range close (25 ft. + 5 ft./2 levels)
Effect one called fey with 6 Hit Dice or fewer
Duration instantaneous
Saving Throw none; Spell Resistance no
This spell functions as lesser planar ally, except that you entice a fey of 6 HD or fewer to lend you its aid with an offering of music or something else it finds appealing. Like lesser planar ally, this spell is unpredictable, and the fey who answers the calling is up to the whims of nature and the fey, not your own choice. You must succeed at a Knowledge (nature) check or Perform check (DC = 20 + target’s HD) in addition to the spell’s material component to entice the fey into appearing, after which you can negotiate for the service and your payment. The maximum HD of fey that you can call with that casting is equal to the result of your check – 20. For example, if your check result is a 24, the maximum HD for the called fey is 4. A high result doesn’t allow you to break the HD maximum for the spell, and a result of 20 or less means you can’t call a fey at all. If the fey doesn’t like the sound of your offer, it can simply choose to refuse, in which case you don’t expend any of the material components for the spell, either the offerings or the payment.
>>
So /pfg/ seems to dislike the concept of enemies who were "built for this one encounter". I find this kind of silly, not all the time, but in the following situation.

If the PCs are in a situation that enemy crafted it is perfectly fine for them to be geared towards it. An individual who specializes, I believe, is perfectly reasonable.

An example being a trap-making sniper vigilante I built for an encounter. The only thing he could do was snipping. The players however were in an abandoned city where he has set up to wait for them to pass through (the players were not secretive about the direction they were heading, and head rather obvious enemies). The only way he could fight was with one shot kill sniper shots, hiding, and pre-set traps.

I believe such an encounter is fine. He had emergency contingencies as well, but so should the players if push comes to shove.

As well it was 1 level 12 vigilante vs 4 level 12 players.
>>
>>46440099
Don't bother. Fey have WAY more HD for their CR than outsiders.
>>
>>46437975
We spend a good part of it roping and nothing else, we did some combat and almost died to and next time we are going start the session right in the combat with a whole bunch of goblins, bugbears and an angry aasimar bitch and we are pretty sure we are going to die.
>>
>>46440122

It's on par with sundering for poor form.
>>
>>46440175
I also don't think sundering should just be unused. I remember I had my party fight a set of twin barbarians who were sundering experts.

Make whole exists for a reason.
>>
>>46440175
Sundering's fine.

t. paranoid player who refuses to go without some form of conjuring a weapon from out of nowhere
>>
>>46440267
Or just spare weapons. You should always have a side arm just in case. Whenever I play a character reliant on manufactured weapons I normally keep two extras around.
>>
>>46440290
It's called 'conjure another weapon'.
>>
File: Inner Sea Faiths-60.jpg (733 KB, 2550x3300) Image search: [Google]
Inner Sea Faiths-60.jpg
733 KB, 2550x3300
>>46439534
You rang?
>>
File: Inner Sea Faiths-61.jpg (1 MB, 2550x3300) Image search: [Google]
Inner Sea Faiths-61.jpg
1 MB, 2550x3300
>>46440324
Not too bad on those boons, although you actually have to inhale water or waterboard yourself for bonuses.
>>
File: Inner Sea Faiths-62.jpg (1 MB, 2550x3299) Image search: [Google]
Inner Sea Faiths-62.jpg
1 MB, 2550x3299
>>46440383
>to kill death is to master it
Hey, I got no problems with that line of thinking besides its impossibility. You do you.
>>
File: image.jpg (89 KB, 887x1097) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
89 KB, 887x1097
>>46440122
I had my gm do this once, it wasn't fun when literally everything you can do is just canceled out or blocked by stupid immunities. And not get me started on how out of place the ememies were in the first place.

I mean sure me(alchemist) and the rouge eventually rape murdered each of those retard op scorpions, but fuck if it was enjoyable.

I could just hear the gm jacking off to his special snowflakes each time my bombs bare did jack, though me.fireaxe eventually made short work of everything. Fuck
>>
File: Inner Sea Faiths-63.jpg (1 MB, 2550x3300) Image search: [Google]
Inner Sea Faiths-63.jpg
1 MB, 2550x3300
>>46440404
Hanspur: endorsed by Aquaman, the lamest Justice League member.
>>
>>46440099
http://www.d20pfsrd.com/bestiary/tools/advanced-monster-search

Works well enough for what you want
>>
File: Inner Sea Faiths-64.jpg (930 KB, 2550x3299) Image search: [Google]
Inner Sea Faiths-64.jpg
930 KB, 2550x3299
>>46440468
Here's the man himself wit his pet rat Simon.
>>
File: 1459191906773.jpg (40 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
1459191906773.jpg
40 KB, 400x400
>>46440383
Again, why are the Inner Sea Faiths boons for Deific Obedience SO GODDAMN SHITTY compared to the original Deific Obediences?

Irori: >+4 bonus to all Knowledges
Pharasma: >+2 bonus to attack rolls with daggers
Shelyn: >+4 bonus to all Crafts and Performs (great for Versatile Performance)
VS
Alseta: >+4 Disable Device and Perception, but only when dealing with doors
Hanspur: >+4 Survival, but only when dealing with rivers

What in the actual fuck? It's not like "Hurrr, they're minor gods so they give their worshipers lesser powers!" makes any sense. If they have less worshipers, each one would get more proportional power, right?
>>
File: Inner Sea Faiths-65.jpg (1 MB, 2550x3300) Image search: [Google]
Inner Sea Faiths-65.jpg
1 MB, 2550x3300
>>46440491
And finally planar allies, including a Thanadaemon who got lost on his way home and the Royal Rat Vanguard.
>>
>>46440467
See, just piling on immunities out of the blue isn't fun. This guy was just a level 12 character built like any other level 12 character. I think the only extra thing I gave him was a discount on his weapon because of an enemy magic crafter NPC.

Using what exists rather than just making enemies specifically to counter you party are different. Enemies who exist solely to kill this particular party is dumb, enemies designed to create situation where they can kill any enemy are smart.
>>
>>46440472
That's really outdated and doesn't cover HD.
>>
>>46440498
> What in the actual fuck? It's not like "Hurrr, they're minor gods so they give their worshipers lesser powers!" makes any sense. If they have less worshipers, each one would get more proportional power, right?

Not necessarily. Who says that divine energy divides up so neatly? What we're looking at is the power of the god to /influence the world/. Number of worshipers isn't an issue in terms of division; it's an issue in terms of generation.

Faith is not electricity.
>>
>>46440526
So if you worship a weaker god, you get shittier powers even if you're basically one of their <10 worshipers?
>>
>>46440498
Well no, fewer worshippers means the god itself has less power. That's not a new concept. So while each follower has more of a portion of that god's power, it's still overall less than you would get from a major god.
>>
>>46440498
>It's not like "Hurrr, they're minor gods so they give their worshipers lesser powers!" makes any sense.
Uh, yeah, that makes perfect sense. They're lesser deities, they give lesser boons.

>If they have less worshipers, each one would get more proportional power, right?
That's not how it works at all. Divine power can be granted to any number of worshippers; it's the level of power granted that has a cap, not the number of grantees. Evidence: Divine Source only grants spells of levels up to your tier, but has zero restriction on the number of clerics you can have.
>>
>>46440546
If I'm one of the only ten people who likes an obscure, poor celebrity, do I get better proportionate favors from them?
>>
>>46440560
>They're lesser deities, they give lesser boons.

Is Paizo basically doing Ivory Tower design with divine boons?
>>
>>46440250
Speaking of sundering, the barbarian brothers did end up wrecking the party because their plan was "bust as many magic items that look important as we can then beat them to death". Which was exactly what they did.
>>
File: image.png (616 KB, 632x738) Image search: [Google]
image.png
616 KB, 632x738
>>46440517
>can still hear my gm fucking laughter fade as the crits began to pile up against his special snowflakes with Mr.Fireaxe and begs me to feel Khrones blessings
And he was shocked when my character began to solve everything with high grade explosives
>>
>>46440592
...that's not Ivory Tower design at all, what are you even talking about?
>>
>>46440563
Considering DSP here on /pfg/, you're absolutely right.
>>
File: yeahbitch.jpg (33 KB, 625x397) Image search: [Google]
yeahbitch.jpg
33 KB, 625x397
>>46440324
Thank you so much, anon!
>Happily Go-Karts
>>
>>46440638 Jesus that last part fucked up
*and I began to feel Khrones blessings
>>
>>46440560
>>46440645
Ivory Tower design = some feats are shittier than others deliberately
>>
>>46440638
See, a GM shouldn't feel bad when enemies die.
>>
File: image.gif (2 MB, 448x252) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
2 MB, 448x252
>>46440719
God help me, don't get me started on the amount of poison the enemies are using currently, sure not a problem for me, but fucking Christ I can only make so much anti-poison before I just say fuck it.
>>
>>46440715
Except, in this case, it's not some hidden or hard-to-research thing. It's pretty straightforward and simple.
>>
>>46440794
Is it supposed to be OBVIOUS that minor gods' boons are shittier than major gods' boons?
>>
>>46437975
Our skald succeed in a DC 40 bluff check to skip us 90% of combat before a player had to leave just before the boss
Should be finishing up tonight
>>
>>46440804
...Yes? That's how it usually is. That's insultingly obvious to most people.
>>
>>46440804
Yes? Because they're lesser gods.
>>
>>46440823
So basically
>don't worship minor gods, guys
>>
>>46440851
Nah, you just get less power. Not everything in the game is about minmaxing. If it was no one would ever play anything but wizards.
>>
>>46440851
Well yeah, if they had a lot of worshippers, they wouldn't be very minor. A good way to keep people from worshipping them is by making them bad.
>>
Paizo removed magic variants of vigilante in final version? Why?
>>
>>46440526
>>46440556
>>46440560
The real problem, lore-wise, is that the Demonic Obedience boons are all absurdly more powerful than anything that came after. Good thing Paizo refuses to errata their splatbooks, or we'd lose such treasures as:
>Dagon's second boon: immune to damage from water pressure, breathe water, a +2 profane bonus to Constitution, and a swim speed equal to your base land speed
>Jezelda's second boon: lycanthropy; Jezelda's third boon: go from afflicted to true lycanthrope
>Kabriri's second boon: create undead once per day and have the undead created obey you perfectly (hello juju zombie minion)
>Flauros/Kostchtchie second boons: fire/cold resist 30
>Mestama's second boon: age up one category with no physical penalties, BECOME A MOTHERFUCKING GHOST if you were already venerable!
>Zura's third boon: temporarily become a vampire for d6+Cha rounds per day (ha! ha! time for create spawn! with no permanent weaknesses!)
>>
>>46440883
>A good way to keep people from playing fighters is by making them bad.
Looks like Paizo's succeeded!
>>
>>46440896
...Power of the Abyss butressing them, maybe?
>>
>>46440890
They removed them from the base class and made them archetypes, because they were clogging the shit out of it and because they all boiled down to "replace X features with Y features" anyway.
>>
Is there any feats or traits to let you use wisdom for a social skill or two? I'm looking at trying to be half-decent at diplomacy on my cleric.
>>
>>46440896
I thought that lycanthropy was kind of shitty as far as templates go?
>>
>>46440498
>why are the Inner Sea Faiths boons for Deific Obedience SO GODDAMN SHITTY compared to the original Deific Obediences?

Because they're lesser deities! Why is it so hard for folks in this general to even understand what this book was about? For the past week everyone was begging "where's muh Erastil?" and "where's muh Irori?" They're still back in Inner Sea Gods you dicks. This is the book for lesser faiths with LESS POWER. And the guy(s) begging for Ragathiel can go fuck himself/themselves.
>>
>>46440933
Shitty as a thing to catch because afflicted lycanthropy takes control of your character away, maybe shitty compared to other templates of the same CR adjust, but still amazing to get for the cost of a single feat.
>>
>>46440546
If they have less than ten worshipers they're not getting much juice, are they? You think there's not a benefit to being worshiped not only around Golarion - sometimes above and below ground - but also on other worlds? The greater deities gobble that shit up. It's why even when he was invited to live in Abaddon Zyphus still only gets to rent a room in Urgathoa's domain, and Gyronna & Hanspur basically just shit around the River Kingdoms. They're not that important.
>>
>>46440974
Something weaker in the fluff doesn't need to be weaker when you blow a feat on it, bubski.
>>
>>46437975
Both of them were canceled, fuck you.
>>
>>46440851
If you're trying to optimize why are you even playing a divine character?
>>
>>46441046
>Evangelist
>>
>>46440890
So that they could put it back in archetype form. Now Paizo can say they have 3 additional archetypes in the book, while doing 0 additional work.
>>
>>46437975
We recruited an entire captured ships crew in Skulls and Shackles due to the Kuthite slaver/pirate we met, we said that anyone whi didnt join would be sold to him, they all joined up naturally. After that we made a huge score off a sargosan ship and then spent 5 000 good on an all weekend non-stop party in Goatshead
>>
>>46441027
I'm not your bubski, chummer.
>>
>>46441027
It's only weaker if YOU are weak, anon. If you wanted real power, you'd grind your ass up to 12 HD and start getting real boons.
>>
Hey there /pfg/
I need some help to Build a functional "Tank" type Charakter how can take the Punishment for a really squishy Team . I thought about something with the Shield Other Spell.
Level is 7 and it's 20 PB
Rest of the Party is a Wizard, a Sorc and a Ranged Hunter with Cat pet
>>
>>46441143

1pp only? Or are you allowed to use 3rd party materials?
>>
File: Missiles.png (468 KB, 640x477) Image search: [Google]
Missiles.png
468 KB, 640x477
>>46440015
I'll see your encouraging roar and raise you a Silver Crane Spiral
>>
File: nodebts.jpg (89 KB, 500x621) Image search: [Google]
nodebts.jpg
89 KB, 500x621
>>46441071
Congratulations on your ill gotten gains.

>>46440719
I did at first, then I learned more about action economy and why "boss encounters" don't work.

Now, I just use random encounters and make low level mooks with PoW.
>>
>>46441143
1pp or 3pp?
If 1pp, then CAGM Barbarian is your only real choice
If 3pp is allowed, Warder was designed explicitly to tank
>>
>>46441183
1 pp sadly
>>
>Golarion: 200 years later

Going by what we know, what do you think changes, /pfg/?
>>
>>46441237
Nothing because it's in perpetual medieval stasis and all the gods and shit enforce the status quo because muh Pharasma said so
>>
>>46441237
Silly anon, Golarion doesn't advance through time.

And I'm glad for it, think how shit the setting would be if all the new content weren't going through JJ's "can't admit to retcons" filter.
>>
>>46441187
>Be playing Warder with Mythic
Defensive Focus+Amazing Initiative>Silver Crane Spiral
>mfw supermassive AoE
>>
File: Picture15.png (176 KB, 287x230) Image search: [Google]
Picture15.png
176 KB, 287x230
>>46441237
Cyberdemons
>>
File: Avistan Map Post Apocalypse.jpg (1 MB, 2192x1780) Image search: [Google]
Avistan Map Post Apocalypse.jpg
1 MB, 2192x1780
>>46441237
Let's start with this pic.

>>46441279
Like Faerun from 3rd to 4th edition?
>>
>>46441234
If you're gonna be up against evil shit, a Sacred Shield Paladin is aces.
>>
>>46441329
Wrong pic.

Does anyone with the "Golarian Bad End" pic where the heroes fail in all the adventure paths?
>>
File: Crimson_Throne.jpg (2 MB, 1116x1474) Image search: [Google]
Crimson_Throne.jpg
2 MB, 1116x1474
So, my GM is dropping some big hints that we're going to be running Curse of the Crimson Throne come fall. What are some good classes to play for this campaign? I was thinking a Bard or an Urban Ranger since it seems like the campaign is mostly city based, but I'm wondering if the new Vigilante class would do well?
>>
>>46441234

Well, paladin can be a tough nut to crack, thanks to Divine Grace-boosted saves and good armor choice. Smite will help you melt faces even if you don't build specifically into damage (as long as you're fighting bad guys), which gives you a little room to look into more protective options. Otherwise, Invulnerable Rager Barbarian will give you DR = 1/2 level, which you can pair with the Superstition power tree to tank magic as well as facestabs.
>>
>>46441334
We're playing Second Book of Second Darkness
>>
>>46440498
In all D&D and derived systems it's actually always been the opposite. A deity's power is proportional to the number of worshipers they have, BUT each increment of deific strength requires additional 0s in the number of followers. Those level 20 hierophants calling down Miracle spells are tapping the energy influx of hundreds of thousands of followers towards their god.

So a lesser deity is giving more power to individuals, but the amount of power they have to give is significantly less. In fact until they reach the big leagues, the deity may not even be able to grant the highest level spells just yet!

Now what *DOES* make a lot of sense is a weaker deity being far more attentive with their handfuls of followers - particularly those capable of channeling their might. If you're gonna get a close relationship with your goddess, now's the chance! Gods generally remember and reward those who stuck with them when they were weak and helped them achieve their newer prominence. After all, that high priest may be quite literally how the deity gained so many followers to raise to a higher status.

That's something that should perhaps be better covered or hinted in the rules: a lesser deity will not always stay a lesser deity; and those who hop onto its bandwagon early may be in quite the position later on!

Although the obedience bonuses should probably be a little better. It's not miracles or high magic after all. Don't be cheap, you want your followers to help you out don't you?
>>
>>46441411
I don't know what that means.
>>
>>46441432

That and from a game design perspective 'You shouldn't make two equally costing things have one that is objectively less powerful'
>>
>>46441353
Vigilante is shit, son. What sources are available?
>>
File: my shiny teeth and me.jpg (214 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
my shiny teeth and me.jpg
214 KB, 1920x1080
>>46441432
Picture related.

>>46441446
It means drow and drow accessories.
>>
>>46441467
Well then yeah. Lotsa evil shite to defend against.

>>46441465
Vigilante ain't shit, it's high tier 4 or tier 3 depending on archetype.
>>
>>46441353
>>46441465
Curse of the Crimson Throne is one of the few APs where Vigilante would actually work extremely well, since there's lots of social and "mundane" work to be done and it's all contained within a single city, from start to finish. A Vigilante would work just as well as a Barbarian would, IE it does the job, and it does it well, but it's not doing anything else outside the job. In a well-balanced party though, it WILL succeed to the surprise and satisfaction of everyone.
>>
>>46441510
Fair point.

>>46441491
hello buildposter
>>
File: beams.png (394 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
beams.png
394 KB, 640x480
>>46441313
... I'll be honest.
I posted missiles...
But mine's actually more of a XASER Crane Spiral...

I haven't had a chance to truly *use* it yet, but anything with average CR 6-7HP (or about 70% of that if they're fire immune) in 400ft should break.
>>
>>46441353
Ileosa is made of pure sex.
>>
>>46441462
In this particular case, it makes perfect sense.

That said, I'm almost positive that 90% of folks never even LOOK at the boons available to the various deities, let alone base what deity they worship on them, or even consider taking Deific Obedience. It's really a giant waste of time to even worry about it.

If you don't like it, talk with your DM and homebrew better boons. Paizo doesn't give a fuck what you think about it, and I doubt many of us do, either.

>>46441536
He's not wrong. The casting Vigilantes, especially, are T3 because they have magic.
>>
>>46441465
Anything not 3pp, Unchained versions of rogues and summoners only.
Why is Vigilante shit?
>>
File: 1455707627147.png (452 KB, 1000x1102) Image search: [Google]
1455707627147.png
452 KB, 1000x1102
>>46441536
>Mention tiers at all
>Is now buildposter

Sure thing bro.
>>
>>46441562
Ignore the memes, Vigilante's fine as long as you aren't a Brute or Gunmaster, and quite good if you take a caster archetype or Psychometrist.
>>
>>46441547
>liking mutant Paizo legs
Disgusting.
>>
>>46441537
You *do* realize each of those shots will continue for boring holes across another 9 increments because of that weapon's rules right?
>>
File: 1446598629182.jpg (34 KB, 400x325) Image search: [Google]
1446598629182.jpg
34 KB, 400x325
>jade regent campaign on roll20
>mfw probably not gonna get accepted

it hurts /pfg/
>>
>>46441537
You are aware that each X-Laser shot takes 5 charges, right?
>>
>>46441562
Vigilante is NORMALLY considered shitty because it's a mundane (strike one) socialite (strike two)/combatant that relies on working with the GM a lot and staying within a specific area, IE not being a globe (or even country)-trotting adventure (strike three). For most campaigns, such as Reign Of Winter, Jade Regent, Skulls & Shackles, etc etc... the skillset it has just isn't going to compete with something more evergreen like Unchained Rogue, Barbarian, Bard, Magus, or other T3-T4 classes. In Curse of the Crimson Throne, however, the campaign tone and region is almost a perfect fit for the Vigilante class, and a lot of the issues that would normally come up are fixed or solved right then-and-there.

Think of the Vigilante like you would, say, The Punisher (at low levels) or Batman (at higher ones); compared to the globe-trotting and setting-shaking abilities, powers, and mobility of Superman, Iron Man, Thor, etc... you're out of your league. But if you focus entirely on Gotham or Manhattan, and superpowered power-trips cause more harm than good, then suddenly you are the perfect person for the job. Curse of the Crimson Throne, and thus Korvosa, is your Gotham/Manhattan.
>>
>>46441624

Think of it this way, Anon-there's about a 40-50% chance that people will flake out, and you'll be able to get in. And worse case scenario, you can always run your own game.
>>
>>46441686
You're only tied to one city if you go with the Renown social talents.

They may be socialite, but the Vigilante side is pretty darn capable on its own.
>>
>>46441686
That's only if you go one route. Everyman is fine for travel and the stronger of the two paths.
>>
>>46441686
Perfect post
>>
File: 1451983944010.jpg (133 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
1451983944010.jpg
133 KB, 900x900
>>46441686
But CotCT takes you out of Korvosa for ALL of books 4 and 5.

That's, like, 1/3rd of the goddamn AP.
>>
File: happyburns.png (911 KB, 838x626) Image search: [Google]
happyburns.png
911 KB, 838x626
>ultra-derp fan of the Dragon Shaman's style of 3.5

>very sad that Pathfinder doesn't really do aura abilities.

>discover the Akashic magic section, which is pretty much Pathfinder acceptable Incarnum stuff.

Holy shit 10/10 favorite magic style. Medium range to melee caster and environment control and ally helping.

I love this. I can help my teammates, exploit weaknesses, dominate area and break enemy strategy. And not even be overpowered.
>>
Has Iomedae ever been properly statted?
>>
>>46441686
>Vigilante is NORMALLY considered shitty because it's a mundane (strike one) socialite (strike two)/combatant that relies on working with the GM a lot and staying within a specific area, IE not being a globe (or even country)-trotting adventure (strike three).
Except none of this is remotely true. The social identity is a ribbon feature; there is zero reason you can't stay vigilante at all times, and only about a third of the SOCIAL talents even require switching.
>>
>>46441893
Only Stat is her Perform (Trumpets) +54
>>
>>46438938
>serpentine dominate person

Huh?
>>
>>46441893
She's a god, anon. Paizo don't stat gods specifically to stop assholes like us from powergaming our way to the apocalypse.
>>
>>46441917
They statted the Mantis God.
>>
>>46441893
Paizo doesn't give stats to deities.
>>
>>46441893
Gods don't have stats, familam. Paizo refuses to stat them to stop the evil PCs from doing anything with them. So no.
>>
>>46441917
But fighting deities is fun.
>>
>>46441917
>>46441926
>>46441934
How am I meant to kill her if she doesn't have stats?
I guess I'll just go in as hard as I can and hope for the best.
Fuck her.
>>
>>46441925
He's not a real deity, just a demigod. Plus I'm pretty sure that got retconned except not really a retcon because they don't admit to those.

>>46441937
You can still fight the demigods, if that helps. They're CR 23-30 opponents.
>>
>>46441925
Back when they were writing for 3.5, and when he was only a demigod. Said statblock is non-canon for PFRPG.
>>
>>46441925
He's more of a demigod than anything, nobody's really sure what his deal actually is.
>>
>>46441945
You don't because you're a faggy sissy bitchboy with too much salt and asspain.
>>
>>46441972
Fuckin' watch me, assclown.
>>
>>46439361
But Darkness only lowers the light by one level. It doesn't make it completely dark.
>>
>>46441975
Do it, faggot.
>>
>>46441975
Not helping the best girl.
What the hell anon?
>>
>>46441797
That's a longer crossover story arc where Batman is in his costume the entire time.
>>
>>46441975
>DM: Ok, I guess roll to attack

>Salty Faggot: Nat 20 motherfucker!

>DM: You miss, because she is a literal goddess and willed your attack to fail. Also, she wills your soul out of existence. Roll a new character.
>>
>>46442054
I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and say that this is really high quality bait and you're not retarded. In which case, well done!
>>
>>46441797
>>46442012
You're 10th level at the start of book four, yes? At 11th, Incredible Renown lets you claim a second small city in addition to your Korvosan holdings. At 13th (middle of book five), Instant Recognition means it only takes four hours for renown to spread wherever you go.
>>
Has anyone made a dragonfire adept-style archetype for alchemist that trades bombs for a breath weapon?
>>
>>46441874
Hello anon! That was my favorite system, too, so allow me to plug the guides I wrote for it:

http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?377818-PsyBomb-s-Guides-to-the-Akashic-Mysteries!

To be updated soon
>>
>>46441351
Now this I'm interested in. Doesn't it all go to hell from Iron Gods though?

Unity wouldn't let anyone mess with their new domain
>>
Is a Ja Noi:
http://www.dxcontent.com/MDB_MonsterBlock.asp?MDBID=1021
Two Ogres:
http://www.dxcontent.com/MDB_MonsterBlock.asp?MDBID=262
And four Hobgoblins:
http://www.dxcontent.com/MDB_MonsterBlock.asp?MDBID=211

Too much for a boss encounter for a 3rd-level party of 5, assuming a decent degree of optimization? The XP lines up, but I'm not certain if I should nerf any of them.
>>
hello /pfg/ Armor Master's Handbook will include options for wizards and arcanists only to eliminate downsides of armor like movement, max Dex, and ASF, upgraded mage armor/shield spells

it will also have new, exciting ways for full casters to establish mastery over people in armor, with spells like "mass rusty tincan", "pressurize armor", and "steel puppet". these allow for casters to destroy armor, kill the people wearing armor, or directly control the actions of the armor-wearing

partial casters like the magus and bard will receive archetypes that let them cast in heavy armor with only a cost of a swift action each turn to negate ASF and reducing their casting to 4th-level

but don't worry, we haven't forgotten martials. they get a +4-equivalent armor enhancement that increases their AC by 2 and protects the armor from up to 5 points of EACH-- note EACH-- type of energy damage per turn. we feel this is more than generous and in return for these near-utopian conditions the enhancement gives the wearer a -5 to saves against magic because it conducts magic.

we hope you're as excited about this as we are.

t. James Jacobs
>>
>>46441665
Warsoul

Mind you while I can vouch for the firepower, it's not something any build can do. No weapon would more suited to any Warsoul Iconic than something not even a Techslinger can get any use out of though!

Still, had to talent for Silver Crane, bladeskill for Discipline Shapes, Weapon Group Adaptation for Heavy and Elemental Focus so it doesn't just *stop working* against 2/3 the bestiary by the time you even get the thing working!

Still. those numbers, man.
>>
>>46442054
Not even him, but come the FUCK on, son.
You picture a fight between a PC and a god and you think there's still going to be attack rolls?
If I were to try and kill a god I'd roll a caster, get 10 ranks of Archmage, amass a huge planar army, get 20 major artifacts and godbane items made specifically for that god, store my soul in some incomprehensible demiplane, etc.
Come on, son.
>>
>>46442147

You're two days late, friend.
>>
>46442246
>[Update] [Auto] 7
I don't understand?
>>
>>46442082
Do you actually go to other cities in books 4 and 5?
>>
>>46441945
This hasn't been tested just yet, but my hypothesis is that if you can instantly and completely collapse the entire plane upon which that deity truly resides, without allowing for any counters to be expended, you *should* be leaving nothing there.

tldr; one-shot her divine realm with her in it in a surprise round from outside.
>>
>>46442139
The narrative /pfg/ has crafted does, I think that the pic posted was made before Iron Gods came out. Now we also have to factor in Giantslayer and Hell's Rebels Bad Ends as well.
>>
>>46442275
Oh, boy.
So my master plan is to get caught and crash her plane with no survivors, now, eh?
>>
>>46442182
Fuck Warsoul.

You shouldn't just be able to hijack shit because people didn't take into account weapons themselves having any value to them.
>>
>>46441624

You applying for the 7:30 PM one with the guy that seems to know his stuff? I feel ya, man.

If we both get in we should coordinate characters, what concept did you push forward?

Also, do realize like 3/4ths of the applications are shitty "pls give invite" sperg responses, if you remain articulate and obviously human you will get in just fine!
>>
>>46442192
This is paizo teir levels of "nuh-huh you can't hurt her anon she's to spheshal" of writing anon, don't bother.
>>
>>46442264
Little village at the start of book four, and then book five is all a siege of a monster-held castle in Belkzen.

For mechanical purposes, you just need to be within [your level] miles of a community where you're renowned in order to get your Intimidate bonus. Probably wouldn't get it for the fifth book, but at that point I'm not sure an Intimidate bonus is worth much since the DCs are a joke even with nothing but ranks and class skill.
>>
>>46442192
She's a god, you'll still lose no matter what. Don't be ridiculous.
>>
File: Curecondition.jpg (279 KB, 823x765) Image search: [Google]
Curecondition.jpg
279 KB, 823x765
>>46442301
If you're spending a feat and several class abilities just to have a magical weapon, it's probably not much different from spending a feat and several class abilities to do whatever that weapon can do in some other fashion instead.

If the weapon's too worthless to even use due to firing costs just because paizo decided "guns must be bad, mmmkaaay?" and then combined it with "newer guns must be worse because tech drugs are bad mmmkaaay?", it's hard to feel bad about that.

If nothing else I know you could get way better mileage out of using a Maxim machine-gun for a fraction of the cost, soulknife-emulation or no soulknife-emulation.

You're just pissed someone's able to use the useless weapon like a boss. Have a soothing image.
>>
>>46442403
All I have to do is get 2 or 3 other gods to march into her house and skullfuck her to death, then.
What now, faggot?
>>
>>46442433
She's the second strongest god after Pharasma, and Pharasma won't do anything. She'll win. Plus you can't just 'get' two or three other gods.
>>
>>46442454
>Implying the combined might of Urgathoa, Rovagug and Lamashtu wouldn't be enough to absolutely demolish Iomedae's tight sphincter in 3 seconds flat with no lube
>>
Why the hell do the Munavri exist? -2 Str, +4 Dex, +2 everything fucking else, plus 120 ft darkvision and good SR? What DM in their right mind would ever allow this race at the table?
>>
>>46442454
I dunno, if you play through a certain book of Wrath of the Righteous, I know one goddess that should get gangraped to death effectively.

Unless of course the other gods want it known across Golarion that they are powerless to shield their followers from the direct intervention and whims of an angry rival.

I hear losing your worshippers is pretty unhealthy to most gods.
>>
File: casandalee.jpg (203 KB, 842x1191) Image search: [Google]
casandalee.jpg
203 KB, 842x1191
>>46442433
Anon, please do not start Blood Wars on the front lawn. You're ruining the view.

If you want Iomedae out of power, quit yelling "bitch fite me" and learn to play the game. Start your own religion, be better than her in every way. Raise a civilization, crush your peoples' enemies, see them kneel before you, and hear the lamentations of their forsaken former patron.
>>
>>46442403
So it'd okay to be able to kill Empyreal Lords, Eldritch Gods and even Ahriman the Father of Divs, but killing some regional ascended human who basically had her godhood handed to her and even has the gall to break the non-interferance Pact is verboten?

Wow, I'm almost convinced you are the real JJ
>>
>>46442516

We have bigger things to worry about if Rovagug is loose.
>>
>>46442532
>She whisks you off and telefrags you and your highest worshippers, murdering you all with trumpets the moment someone said he wants to be a paladin of you instead of her
>somehow still Lawful Good
>>
>>46442542
Everything else is inconsequential so long as my quest so slay Iomedae is completed, even if it's not by my hand directly. If the cost of her death is everything else getting fucked sideways, so be it.
>>
>>46442525

The ones that enjoy living utopian liberal lives in the bottom of the Underdark.
>>
>>46442532

Honestly, if a drunk CG fuck like Cayden can pull godhood out of his ass, it can't be that hard.
>>
>>46442525

I assume someone on the design team wanted to codify how amazing their little snowflake NPC race was. Presumably the idea the race would be used by anyone but GMs looking to stroke themselves under the table was never taken into account.
>>
>>46442542
>>46442558

Anyone have that screenshot of /pfg/ coming up with a Dark Souls: Golarion campaign?

The end-game was the party running across a massive table that had the Contract of Creation rolled out upon it, with the mountainous corpse of Asmodeus looming in the distance, signing quill still in hand.
>>
>>46442454
>laughingAsmodeus.jpeg
>>
My GM is allowing paladins to be of any good alignment rather than Lawful Good. What are some neat concepts I can make with this change?
>>
>>46442558
See, NOW you're just being an edgelord. Just go sign on with the daemons; she's on the list and Szuriel's interplanar PMC will swing around to Golarion in a few thousand years, less if you do good work and earn the ability to call in favors.
>>
>>46442454
>second strongest god after Pharasma
I call bullshit. Asmodeus, Urgathoa, Rovagug, Sarenrae, Groetus, Abadar, Erastil, Apsu, Dahak, Shelyn, Zon-Kuthon, and Yog Sothoth are much older, have wider influence, have more worshippers, and much more powerful portfolios. Iomedae is a second rate regional goddess who barely has any claim to anything, and is neither the Patron of any particular portfolio that wasn't already taken nor the dominion over a single race. The only reason why her influence is as big as it is is because she was left holding the bag after Aroden croaked, and even then his influence was still limited to the Inner Sea.

In the grand scheme of the universe, Iomedae is just a footnote.
>>
Wait, wait.
Let me get this straight.
The only thing keeping all of the gods, all of the planes, all of basically everything, from being absolutely demolished into nothingness... is Asmodeus?
Really?
>>
File: 1231721261544.gif (24 KB, 478x482) Image search: [Google]
1231721261544.gif
24 KB, 478x482
>mfw my character gains divine power, but starts to turn into an Eldest rather than a god
>mfw no non-intervention pact for fey
I am going to stick my dick in ALL the entertaining problems of the world.
>>
>>46442650
Yup. Asmodeus is actually the true hero all along. If you read his lore he may be LE, but he is the only thing keeping reality functional.
>>
File: Approval.png (81 KB, 413x414) Image search: [Google]
Approval.png
81 KB, 413x414
>>46442662

Well, clearly you've grasped how to be an archfey already.
>>
>>46442662
>Non-intervention pact
You can completely sidestep that flimsy thing with some finesse and legalese.
>>
>>46442618
Paladin/Barbarian Combo
>>
>>46442682
You reckon there's any way to make him quit it?
Even Asmodeus has to have a price.
>>
>>46442649
>taking bait from a guy literally tripfagging as JJ

>>46442650
Uh, where'd you get that idea? You mean holding the key to the Dead Vault? Do note that at minimum Zon-Kuthon's seals went on after the door was closed, so it's not like Asmo can just stroll right in and undo everything at whim.
>>
>>46442724
So you'd have to get past Zon-Kuthon's seals and fenagle Asmodeus into opening it. Is that the extent of the shit they've layered onto the Vault?
>>
is vigilante with the sniper talent the only way to get unlimited sneak attack range?

because if so the class might be underpowered and stupid but that could make for a lot of really interesting encounters combined with the social identity
>>
>>46442618
well a chaotic paladin can disrispect authority and act in unconventional ways.

he's more likely to do whatever it takes to achieve "good", even if it goes against some estabilished rules of honor ( example: he might want to poison the enemy commander instead of defeating him into an honorable combat).
He can disrispect authorities and his companions and he is quite likely to "lead by example and by lessons" his peer but also " live and let live" with them.

he might aknowledge that something in the current society is wrong and that people need some freedom and the current government might need some change.
If you ever wanted to make a Robin Hood styled character, someon who wants to help poor people or believes in a certain society class or deity more than other, or even make a Marxist commie that hates aristocracy, a CG paladin is a good opportunity.

his chaotic nature might make him hate to serve a greater mundane authorityr. For example he might not like that defeating the evil guy goes to the advantage of the boring and lawful or corrupt city's regent and he might try to make him benefit less from that.
>>
How do the incomprehensible dark tapestry gods square up against the "normal" gods?
I feel like they're more powerful, no?
>>
>>46442819
>commies
>anything other than CE
>>
>>46442833

Weaker, because the Dark Tapestry gods lack sapience.

Rovagug can beat up Azathoth no problem.
>>
>>46442833

Well, one of them washed its hands in Dou-Bral's brain and now we have Zon-Zon, so I'd guess yes.
>>
>>46442618
Paladin of Milani!
>>
>>46442833
Great Old Ones have stats and can be killed, putting them below the deities.

I don't think the Outer Gods have stats, though I might be wrong.
>>
>>46442801

>yfw Wruce Bayne picks up a bow and laughs about his archery skills to his guests, shooting arrows out the window for fun

>Meanwhile criminal scum across the city get killed by Matban's arrows of doom
>>
>>46442754
Well, Torag and Gorum did the actual construction, and while it's feasible Asmodeus could find out the details of their work, it's not likely they'd help him out with... anything.

Inner Sea Gods mentions "the binding power of dozens of other deities" beyond Asmodeus and Sarenrae. Torag and Gorum did the forging, in particular. Asmodeus closed the lock, but Rovagug was being held in by all kinds of deific power before that.
>>
>>46442867
Rovagug is apparently unbeatable, though.
>>
>>46442904
So anyone trying to actively free Rovagug would trigger a whole bunch of red flags and get stepped on by some god within moments, huh?
>>
>>46442618
>CG Paladin/Bloodrager of Gorum?
>NG Paladin/Sorc of Nethys?
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 75

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.