[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Palladium General - Physical Gods Ripping Holes in Your Reality
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 6
File: Rifts_Logo.jpg (41 KB, 647x429) Image search: [Google]
Rifts_Logo.jpg
41 KB, 647x429
We've got Rifts, Palladium Fantasy, Beyond the Supernatural - and just for the retro factor, why not "Systems Failure" as well?

>Why can't I fight all these bugs?
>Of course we had to blow up your car, it was possessed
>Giant robot repair is hard to find in northern Alberta
>Mutant capybara airship captains declaring war on fascist Indonesia
>I swear the OCC in the next book is like 50% less racist.

PDFing it up:

https://www.mediafire.com/folder/1dsdr28ic5vk0/Palladium
>>
>>
>>
>>
Best lesser-known Palladium setting?

>Skraypers
>System Crash
>Wormwood
>Dead Reign
>Ninjas and Superspies
>Beyond the supernatural
>>
Anybody have a good Rifts campaign going on?
>>
Anybody got a Nightbane game going on anywhere?
>>
How do you handle skills for a PC whose RCC skills are completely inappropriate for their background and job? The example i am dealing with is a CS psy druid.

The skills are utterly illogical for a CS citizen, much less one with basic military training. The backstory for the guy is that after basic officer training he was placed in the Military Reserve so he could work for the CS Civilian government as a surveyor. He has no useful combat abilities but makes a amazingly effective prospector. The dowsing ability allows him to find almost any natural resource and the plant/animal abilities let him map out locations of non earth plants and wildlife.

The idea is that the guy would wander CS border areas with a mutant bat sidekick in a CSGSA (Coalition Geographic Survey Administration) big boss ATV, surveying and mapping as he went. But the skills don't work.

So what do, just swap out inappropriate skills like tanning hides, ancient weapons and holistic medicine for more modern scientific skills?
>>
>>46433126

Yeah I would say so. The skill list for some OCCs are just terrible. What is your GM like? Will he let you change them?

Also why is it that most Rifts players are males? I haven't met a female Rifts player, it might be just me but I would have thought that RIfts would have broader appeal.
>>
>>46433182
There must be some option somewhere to do it, like a MOS or something like that. The CS has Psy Druids as members of Psi Battalion, i refuse to believe they have the pacifist barefoot hippy skill list. In fact i am 99% certain being a hippy is illegal in the CS.

The GM should be cool with modifying it, it is probably the weakest psychic RCC in the whole game. Also i have to get rid of alot of the starting equipment anyway (those 2-8 magic potions and herbs probably aren't a particularly good idea) so as long as i don't go crazy like asking for a Behemoth explorer bot i should be fine. The GM is usually cool with me doing odd stuff as long as it isn't combat related, i once placed the CS Military Cook OCC from the rifter and he let me run an entire logistics platoon.
>>
>>46433126

Alternatively if you want to run the character as written, you could just fluff it as him being a civilian contractor who was hired to provide his services to the CS. They aren't that shy about hiring people when needed.
>>
File: image.jpg (66 KB, 600x793) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
66 KB, 600x793
>>46429562

Splicers
>>
Despite the fact that nobody ever seems to play it, Underseas is probably one of the best sourcebooks for art.
>>
File: rifts_china_1.jpg (281 KB, 704x915) Image search: [Google]
rifts_china_1.jpg
281 KB, 704x915
>>
>>46435472
Logically being a contractor is kinda pointless, as a CS citizen working for the Government directly makes much more sense. Better benefits, free equipment and if you get in trouble the local CS base will not hesitate to send out some SAMAS to save your ass.

As written the RCC assumes that everyone with these abilities is a barefoot dirty hippy. The RCC has massive medical and scientific abilities but no way to use them. If they came from a civilized modern nation it is utterly illogical that they would not study areas of knowledge that helped them us their powers.

If you can detect any mineral at will then you probably wanted to know about geology, if you can see a plant's aura you would study botany. Same goes for psychic surgery, the ability is kinda dangerous if i don't know anatomy.

Basically the RCC needs a 'civilized' option. I seem to recall that somewhere there is a way for someone with a RCC to swap the skills for a OCC with some modest penalties.

Also i suppose i could just shrug off the inappropriate skills as RCC abilities (psychic animal abilities+psychic surgery=skin and prepare hides) then dump all my secondary and other skills into sciences. The GM already handwaved away the primitive weapon skill and let me take both WP energy rifle and Pistol as well as removed the restriction on military piloting skills. He also let me swap the magic herbs for a jet pack, he identifies magic plants for eradication he doesn't collect them. The jet pack is probably his most important piece of equipment, it lets him use the dowsing ability much more efficiently than parking the ATV and walking around.
>>
>>46437732
(continued) It just dawned on me that this guy unlike the types mentioned in the RCC is going to be pretty damn wealthy real fast. Since rifts roads suck so bad he will probably spend alot of time traveling on river beds, rather convenient if you have a cost free at will ability to detect any gold within 1200 feet. After a few weeks he probably has a 5 gallon pail of nuggets in the back seat.
>>
>>46437748
>>46437732
Before anyone asks, the average oil field depth in Illinois and the CS states that have pre rifts is about half a mile, so he will need to be at least 10-12th level to have a real chance of finding one. He probably constantly harasses his supervisors with requests to commission some sort of earth boring machine.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.