[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
FANTASYCRAFT GENERAL
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 72
Thread images: 4
File: fantasycraft.jpg (58 KB, 612x800) Image search: [Google]
fantasycraft.jpg
58 KB, 612x800
Capslock edition

(Don't have the general pasta; somebody pls post)

Where in the book can I find the rules for attacking while non-proficient with a weapon?
>>
>>46428922

I believe it's either under standard attack, or where it describes proficiency.
>>
>>46428922
UNTRAINED ATTACKS
When a character makes an attack without the appropriate proficiency, the attack is “untrained.” Any character may make an untrained attack, but he suffers a –4 attack check penalty and his error range increases by 2.
Fantasy Craft pg. 205
>>
>>46428922
>>46431275
It's on page 205.

>UNTRAINED ATTACKS
>When a character makes an attack without the appropriate proficiency, the attack is “untrained.” Any character may make an untrained attack, but he suffers a –4 attack check penalty and his error range increases by 2
>>
Copied from betterchan, because less dead links

Noteworthy points:
>Drastically reined-in magic system putting casters on equal footing with non-casters
>Classes and the game as a whole designed to ensure everyone can contribute in a wide range of circumstances, even outside their primary niche
>Separate cash and Reputation economies keep mundane gear relevant and magic items special
>Custom monster and NPC design is a breeze
>Optional Campaign Qualities tweak mechanics to suit your preferred style and tone

>If you have the money and want to support the game
http://rpg.drivethrustuff.com/product/63884/Fantasy-Craft-Second-Printing

>If you want to try before you buy
http://www.mediafire.com/download/rscnai437ptu23k/FantasyCraft.torrent
https://www.mediafire.com/folder/nzs6xsnzbid4t/Fantasy_Craft
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/5dkzgw3cn842eyw/AACivEvWTEODXQgsjBPsHv8wa?dl=0

Other useful links:

>Errata & accessories
http://www.crafty-games.com/fantasy-craft-print-bundle/

>Web NPC builder
http://www.meadicus.plus.com/craftygames/npc-builder/NPCBuilder.html

>Custom PC Species creation guides
http://sletchweb.wikidot.com/fc-origin-creation

>Species feat creation guide & reference spreadsheet
http://www.crafty-games.com/forum/index.php?topic=8257.msg160117#msg160117
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1016700/species%20feats.xls

>Class design guidelines
http://crafty-games-fans.wikia.com/wiki/Class_Creation_Guidelines_%28Mastercraft%29

>Leaked Spellbound Preview
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B7JqPtKRnUBYTkF0YlYxNllQN0hXY0V2c01xa1QzWGd6OF9J/view
>>
>>46428922
On a first read through of this game I remember loving the idea behind monster creation, but I couldn't figure it out.
>>
>>46432054
Basically, you buy abilities, boost attributes, add skills and spells and attacks, etc, but spending XP. The total XP cost of the monster is what the monster will be worth when the party defeats it, either for 1 Special, or a Mob (amount equal to players) of Standards.

NPCs have a soft scaling, where their statistics increase according to Threat Level, which is based on average player level. While they scale up, they don't gain new abilities unless you purposefully add them, which means that players which are gaining both statistics and abilities will find them easier to deal with.

You can make any sort of NPC in FC. I've personally statted out a bunch ranging from Pikachu to Hitler.
>>
R8 & H8

Gifted Acrobat Burglar 4/Scout 16
spd 45ft (55 in combat)
Bab +15, F+11, R+14, W+9, Def +19, Init +20, Life +6, Leg +6
Dexterous, Very very Sneaky, Evasion I, Uncanny Dodge I, Stalker, Rough Living +4, Sneak Attack +4d6/6d6, Huntsman (Keen Senses, Sprint, Trail Signs, Expertise), Master Tracker 1/Scene, Overrun
Str 14, Dex 22, Con 12, Int 16, Wis 12, Cha 8
Elf-blood, Owl Nation, BSM (Investigator), BSM (Robber), Prodigal Skill (Search) (3), Ghost Basics (3), Two-Weapon Fighting (6), Bow Basics (7), Two-Weapon Style (9), Bow Mastery (9), Angry Hornet (11), Knife Basics (12), Pathfinder Basics (Forest) (13), Iron Will (15), Pathfinder Mastery (15), Pathfinder Supremacy (17), Ghost Mastery (18), Horde Basics (19)
(with Fast Feats, I'd add Charging Basics, Mobility Basics/Mastery, and Scroll Casting)
(Ranks + Feats) Acrobatics 25, Athletics 23, Craft (Inscription/Carpentry) 7, Haggle 5, Investigate 25, Notice 23, Prestidigitation 23, Resolve 19, Search 28, Sneak 29, Tactics 23, Survival 23
Origin: Investigate, Search, Prestidigitation, Survival
Edged Forte, Hurled Forte, Bow Forte, Parry, Arrow Cutting, Called Shot, Cheap Shot

Uses hatchets, stiletto's, a longbow, and hardened leather armor
>>
File: B_U_M_P.pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
B_U_M_P.pdf
1 B, 486x500
B.U.M.P.
>>
Is there a set of quickstart rules for this game anywhere?
>>
>>46436530
Not really, no.
>>
>>46436604
sux, I only play QS games, I don't want to read a 500+ page tome only to find I hate it
>>
>>46436625
It's pretty good but that's just my opinion. Pretty crunchy though.
>>
>>46436639
The more I read into the book, the more I like it. You don't need to read the whole thing before realizing you like it. If anything, just read some of the races/origins/classes/feats/spells/and weapons/armor section and decide for yourself.

at first I was put off by the meta shit, but eventually I realized it just makes the game experience better

if you're one of those cockbags who have a total hate boner for 3.5 or pathfinder, you're not gonna like it, because it's based on them (but has most things fixed, with very few things done worse).
>>
>>46437369
>if you're one of those cockbags who have a total hate boner for 3.5 or pathfinder, you're not gonna like it, because it's based on them (but has most things fixed, with very few things done worse).
I mean, depends on how big your hateboner is and what it's based on.

If you hate 3.PF for the trap options, useless skills, magic item Christmas tree effect, and that sort of thing, you may well like FC quite a lot. If you hate 3.PF for more fundamental structures of its design, like level-based stat scaling, level-by-level multiclassing, classes in general, skill points, etc. then FC won't be your cup of tea.
>>
>>46437369
I have a massive hateboner for 3.5 and PF, but that's precisely why I like FC.
FC is what 3.5 and PF could have been if their creators understood anything and cared about game design.
>>
Fucking wizards never giving up. Should've just let us kill him.
>>
I wish people would post in this thread.

What's your favourite species feat?
>>
Is combat grid based, or can I reliably wing it?
>>
>>46441078
There are many things that rely on measurements, but I could see it being abstracted pretty easily.
>>
>>46441078
you could always play these types of games with no grid, but you're doing yourself and your players a disservice
>>
>>46441078
You can abstract a lot of it, but it kind of depends on what combat style your players choose. Some combat options get a lot of their main value out of precise positioning. For instance, Hammer Basics gives a stance that lets you move an enemy from one adjacent square to any other adjacent square with a successful two-handed melee attack, and the Kicking feat chain gives several abilities that help you maneuver around opponents through small shifts with each attack.

Even those could probably be handled abstractly to a degree, but it'd be a bit harder than if you're mainly working with stuff like spears, swords, axes, clubs, and the like that don't care much about positioning beyond the basic factors of reach, adjacency, and flanking.
>>
>>46440994
>>46434012
elfblood

That said, I like faerie heritage a ton, and all three ogre ones; if I ever played an ogre, it would absolutely come with one of the brave feats (most likely stone). I want to like hart nation, but it just sucks. The dwarf ones really stand out as sucking, and I doubt I'd ever take the saurian ones.

So, in the core book, it's a tough choice between faerie heritage/legacy and stone brave/elder.
>>
>>46433088
Sounds easier than 5e's system for making monsters.

I might just have to use a bastardization for my game.
Hell my home DnD game already is just a really bastardized 5e drawing interesting mechanics and ideas from various systems to make something that works well for my group and our campaign setting.
>>
In a previous thread, somebody mentioned sages being able to get every skill as a class skill. So, I tinkered around and it's actually very easy to do.

Adaptable Adventurer Sage w/Prodigal Skill & Cross-Training (Subtle & Quick to Anger)
prodigal skill being whatever non-sage class skill you think is most important
and you only ever get 0-level spells, but you basically get all of them

Adaptable Adventurer Sage is basically the "default human" "I can't decide what I want to play" character.
>>
File: fantasycraft ability scores.png (138 KB, 1588x531) Image search: [Google]
fantasycraft ability scores.png
138 KB, 1588x531
Highest Defense: Saurian Shield-bearer Priest with path of protection, a tower shield, and shield supremacy, with maxed dex
>>
>>46442131
You could also get Two Weapon Defense.
Would levels in Mage to get Shield be worth it?
>>
>>46442183
I didn't factor in things from the other books, and with the exception of a bracketed [Brawn II], no spells or items, because any character can benefit from them.

Also, there's a minor mistake in it: the priest can't get all of those feats, so drop one of the supremacies and make the total 40.
>>
>>46442385
Did you post the wrong picture? None of those are the maxed defense.

Also, I'm thinking of adapting the Mystic Knight from Dragon's Dogma into FC. Should I?
>>
>>46441078
It is grid based, but you can wing it. I'd say it mostly depends on the players though. My group tends to play without a grid, more often than not.

Personally, I prefer to have a grid because it is just easier to understand exactly where things are when you can see them, instead of relying on descriptions all the time.
>>
>>46441726
You can also do Merchant, Physician, or Tribesman as your specialty, and take Talented for the BSM pair given. That gives you 14 class skills, 4 origin skills, and 2 skills accessed via pairing from specialty and Talented. So you not only get the skill access, but also more points to work with.

Then for extra fun, pick up I Can Swim! at level 3.
>>
>>46442429
no, the highest defense saurian is separate from the pic

What's wrong with the rune knight?
>>
Anybody care to stat up a naked space marine in FC or 3.5?
>>
>>46444102
>Naked Space Marine (Large Animal Walker — 66 XP): Str 14, Dex 10, Con 16, Int 4, Wis 10, Cha 10; SZ L (2×2, Reach 1); Spd 30 ft.; Init III; Atk VII; Def IV; Res V; Health V; Comp —; Skills: Notice IV, Survival IV; Qualities: Damage reduction 2, fearless I, grappler, improved sense (sight), rend
>Attacks/Weapons: Bite I (dmg 1d10+2 lethal; threat 18–20),
Talon II × 2 (dmg 1d8+2 lethal; threat 19–20)
>Treasure: 2T
>>
I'm going to be using just the core book for an upcoming game, and the expert classes just look sort of limited to me. Is it a good idea to just not bother with them? Or are they essential for higher leveled play? How hard is it to make my own?
>>
>>46445008
They aren't essentials at all, they're just ways to make your character more specifically geared for a particular theme. It's basically something players can opt into if they like what a particular class is all about, but if not they're not losing out on any expected power curve by giving it a pass. Burglar 14 isn't any notably weaker than Burglar 4/Swashbuckler 10, but the Swashbuckler is going to play notably differently since it's specifically geared toward a different theme.

As far as making your own, they're a bit easier to do than a base class, since you have a bit narrower focus and thus less to work with. Before you start in on that though, I would highly recommend picking up the Adventure Companion (which has a half-dozen expert classes, plus four master classes and two base classes) and at least browsing the Call to Arms splats to check if something geared toward what you have in mind already exists.

What do you find "limited" about them, anyway? I can give you more specific insights if I know a bit more about where you're coming from.
>>
>>46445204
I just don't think there's enough of them in core. Maybe that's just me though.
>>
>>46442842
Rune Knight covers a lot of the same ground. I guess what might work better is a feat and a handful of spells.

FEAT: MAGIC BLOCK
When you succeed with a shield block, you may immediately cast a spell with a range of anything other than personal or self. You may not apply tricks to this spell.

And then make various spells.
>>
>>46444705
that's an owlbear, isnt it
>>
ADEPTUS ASTARTES
Common Personality Traits: Grim, humorless, stern, stoic, taciturn
Common Physical Traits: broad shoulders, bulging muscles, extreme (7’6” to 8’6”) height, square jaw, steely gaze
Example Names: Cassius, Simeon, Titus...
Splinter Race Feats: Corax Geneseed (raven guard), Dorn Geneseed (imperial fist), El'Jonson Geneseed (dark angel), Inquisitional Geneseed (grey knight), Khan Geneseed (white scar), Manus Geneseed (iron hand), Russ Geneseed (space wolf), Sanguinius Geneseed (blood angel), and Vulkan Geneseed (salamander). Unless you choose one of these, you’re a ‘Guilliman (codex) Geneseed’.
>>
>>46446157
Type: Medium biped folk with a Reach of 1 (see Fantasy Craft, page 227). Your maximum wounds equal your Constitution score.
• Attributes: +2 Strength, +2 Dexterity, –4 Charisma
• Base Speed: 40 ft.
• Bleeding Immunity: You are immune to bleeding (see Fantasy Craft, page 212).
• Distinctive: You suffer a –2 penalty and –1 threat range on Blend and Disguise checks.
• Iconic Classes: If you possess more levels in any base class than your Soldier and Scout levels combined, your starting action dice decrease by 1.
• Immune System Overdrive: One of the unfortunate side effects of the numerous extra organs designed to enhance a marine is the fact that they also fight off helpful medical measures too. Any effect that cures or restores your vitality has only 1/2 the normal effect (rounded up).
• Improved Stability: You’re considered 1 Size category larger for carrying capacity, Trample attacks, and resisting Bull Rush and Trip attempts so long as you are standing firmly on the ground and not climbing, flying or riding.
• Iron Gut: You gain a +2 insight bonus with saves against disease and poisons.
• Lean Season: You require only 1 common meal per day.
• Light Sleeper: Sleeping is never a Terminal Situation for you.
• No Pain: You may ignore the first fatigued or shaken condition you gain each scene.
• Reviled: The disposition of non-humans decrease by 10.
• Rock Solid: You gain 1 additional wound per level.
• Unbreakable: Each time you suffer attribute impairment, it decreases by 1 (minimum 0).
>>
>>46434012
will I be fucked later on, trying to rely on angry hornet + move action in combat, after the surprise/first round (which would be throwing x4 finesse weapons via TWStyle)?

Deadshot stance requires you to be standing still, and I don't think you can get sneak to arrows without surprise, so my 1d6 AP 2 arrows will probably run out before I manage to drop an enemy...unless you can sneak while moving like in D&D? Like, shoot, move into cover and hide, rinse, repeat?
>>
>>46445288
Oh, well, yeah, the selection in core is far from comprehensive.

There are a bunch more outside of core though. I'll list them off here for you:

>Bloodsworn
Dedicated bodyguard class, gets lots of stuff to absorb punishment for a ward they designate
>Deadeye
Sniper class, generally good with bows and guns, but especially with using them to hit flat-footed targets from far away.
>Force of Nature
Builds on Elemental Heritage to really bring out your elemental powers, getting an associated Path and energy attack. Also uses Rage feats.
>Gallant
A courtly duelist type, good mix of combat abilities and Courtier type stuff.
>Monk
A mystical martial artist (the AC also has a Martial Artist base class for more general martial artsy stuff), has a sacred vow with an associated Path and boosts Wis as long as you keep its requirements.
>Monster Slayer
Combatant specialized for fighting monsters, lots of great defensive benefits against monster attacks.

In CtA, there's:
>Infernalist
An expert class for Mages turbocharging their magic with dark pacts that taint the soul
>Inquisitor
Agent of the church good at hunting down heretics and scaring them straight.
>Mist Dancer
A sneaky mage-hybrid class to parallel Rune Knight's fighty mage-hybrid. Emphasis on illusion and shadow magic, and lots of stuff to blend magic with skulduggery.
>Shinobi
The ninja class, with different Paths to represent different styles of ninja -- eg, Cherry Blossom shinobi spit out tons of shuriken and walk on air, Nightshade shinobi are poison masters, etc.
>Skirmisher
Guerilla fighter great with ambush tactics and using terrain/traps against the enemy.
>>
>>46447781
The non-core stuff also has master classes, which the core book mentions but doesn't have any of. They serve the same basic purpose as expert classes, but are even more specialized, and they're shorter classes (5 levels instead of 10) accessible only at higher levels (level 10 instead of level 5).

In AC:
>Dragon Lord
Fully awaken your Draconic Heritage, gets lots of dragony stuff like better breath weapon and natural attacks. Gamebreaker lets drakes gain a humanoid form, and non-drakes turn into drakes, which sounds cool but unfortunately is actually one of if not the worst gamebreaker ability in the game.
>Regent
Noble ruler type with abilities to represent authority and status, similar to Courtier but very specifically about being the boss. Good complement to a Courtier aimed at that theme, or to splash some Courtier-esque stuff into a different class at a higher level.
>Spirit Singer
Support class with abilities themed around seeing into the past and future. Kind of a Priest/Sage hybrid in general theme and function.
>Wind Knight
Magnificent knight with a pegasus, griffon, or hippogriff mount.

And in CtA:
>Avatar
Sort of a super-Priest, with an even closer connection to their god and becoming a major leader of their faith.
>Witch Hunter
The anti-caster class, all about kicking the crap out of magic users.
>>
I aint bumping this thread so one of you schmucks is gonna have to.
>>
What would be the best average level for my party, if I wanted to, for example, spring 3 hydras on them?
>>
File: hello wheres the benis ;DDD.png (220 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
hello wheres the benis ;DDD.png
220 KB, 800x800
>>46450859
Please no.

Regards,
Ptery
>>
>>46450859
Well, a single hydra can put out ~68 damage on average in one round if it hits with all 8 bite attacks it can make (and with Attack VII, it likely can against most PCs). And with Health V, 16 Con, Huge size, Regen 15, and Tough II, even standard hydras will be no easy thing to take down, even for PCs with weapon Supremacy feats for instakill tricks and the like.

So, fairly high level, I'd say at least around level 10ish. And that's assuming there's terrain they can take advantage of to keep their distance and they have some minimum opportunity to prepare for the fight (rather than "whoop, suddenly surrounded by hydras"). Because if it comes to a straight slugfest that's going to be a pretty solid risk of TPK at just about any level.
>>
>>46451189
so there effectively *is* a "CR"?

How do you gauge that?
>>
>>46451386
Minor Threat (Up to 40 XP): The NPC(s) are pushovers, likely possessing sub-par statistics and very few distinguishing qualities. They offer little challenge to the average adventuring party. Examples: Kobold “warriors,” small animals, and most NPCs in the Rogues Gallery
Average Threat (41–80 XP): The NPC(s) are a fair-to-middling challenge, with a few useful statistics or abilities. Given the right circumstances, they might prove a reasonable obstacle for the party. Examples: Basilisks, minotaurs, knights, and necromancers
Significant Threat (81–120 XP): The NPC(s) have a number of powerful statistics or unusual qualities that set them apart. The party should be cautious opposing them. Examples: Doppelgangers, trolls, and dire animals
Serious Threat (121–160 XP): The NPC(s) are extremely competent, with superior stats and powerful qualities that collectively pose a grave threat to the party’s wellbeing. Examples: Brain fiends, elder elementals, and many demons
Extreme Threat (161+ XP): The NPC(s) are party killers, best employed rarely or when the heroes are spoiling for a life-or- death battle. Examples: Dragons, greater demons, and watchers in the dark
Fantasy Craft pg 243-244

This is the rough danger metric that is included in the book. This can be combined with the Menace (how difficult the adventure is supposed to be) describes how hard encounters are. Keep in mind that the same encounter will become easier as the PCs level up.
>>
>>46452679
I get all that, but you said earlier that the hydra would be a good challenege (or something) for a 10th level party...but these threats scale with level, so is a "serious threat" less challenging for a 15th level party (even at threat level 15 or whatever) than for a 5th level party at TL 5? If so, how do you know when it's okay for the party to be fighting them?
Also, I would figure that
>Basilisks, minotaurs, knights, and necromancers
would be more dangerous than
>Doppelgangers, trolls, and dire animals

In D&D, anyway.
>>
>but you said earlier
>you
Well, I guess I too am Anonymous.

>[S]o is a "serious threat" less challenging for a 15th level party (even at threat level 15 or whatever) than for a 5th level party at TL 5?
The exact same "serious threat" (i.e. scaled to level but not +/- any abilities) is easier at level 15 than at level 5. Usually.

>If so, how do you know when it's okay for the party to be fighting them?
Use your GM skills. Assess the party. How have they dealt with a similar situation before? Are they generally competent, having diversified their skills or is there a weakness among them? In another vein, what kind of story are you trying to tell and what does this encounter add to your story. Are you trying to instill a grim despair by putting enemies that are confidently superior or are you trying to yuck it up with flashy minions that keel over from a tickle and a bad one-liner?

Fantasy Craft is a system which tries not to limit a GM by design. It says that X is dangerous, but it lets you decide when to put that danger in the path of the PCs. It's designed to be flexible and often times will either omit a clarification or outright say that it's up to the GM to decide.

tl;dr: There is no specific right time to throw something at your players, it's about creating a story with your players.
>>
>>46453284
Guy who made the level 10 recommendation here.

>>46453718 has the right of it as far as general principles go. While the game scales NPCs, it only scales numbers, and even then not all numbers, so as your players level up they still get stronger relative to the scaling opposition by virtue of gaining new abilities.

For my assessment, I looked at the numbers that don't scale, and the factors that higher level would help you deal with. Natural and weapon attack damage doesn't scale with level, so that's always a good first thing to look at to gauge relative threat for the level. A hydra is always going to be putting out the aforementioned 68 damage on average with a full round of attacks connecting, so how does that stack up to the amount of vitality your players have at a given level? An average PC has ~10-12 vitality per level (obviously, tanky classes will have more, while squishy classes will have less), and higher-level PCs will have better DR from armor (and DR is going to make a big difference against a hydra, since that big damage total is split across 8 attacks). So, for parties level 5 and under, you're looking at a single hydra very plausibly dropping a player in a single round. A party closer to level 10 will have the vitality to survive a round of attacks even without much armor, and will likely have pretty good armor at that point (though that does depend heavily on how generous you are with treasure and how aggressive you are with things like acid damage that will set them back by breaking armor).

The other thing that makes hydras a threat is their tankiness; they have to fail 3 damage saves to take out, have a solid Health save bonus, and are tough to accumulate damage on thanks to the high regen. Higher-level PCs, who've completed their main weapon feat chain and picked up some supporting feats will be better equipped to deal with that, having things like instakill tricks, tactical options to keep the beast at bay, etc.
>>
Does anyone have the Species and Talent Creation chart? It seems to be down on Crafty's website.
>>
>>46458844
http://www.crafty-games.com/forum/index.php?topic=8257.msg160107#msg160107
>>
>>46458878
Thanks a bunch. How's this look to you guys? I made up the value of not applying racial penalties to disguise checks. I'm trying to make 'lion' a playable race in my campaign. It's African fantasy, so Lion's can just trick you into thinking they're not lions.

Medium Sized
Base Speed 50 + 2 points
+2 Str, +2 Dex -2 Wis 3 points
Cat Fall: You suffer 1 less die of damage from falling. .5 points
Improved Stability: You’re considered 1 Size category largers for carrying capacity, trample attacks, and resisting bull rush and trip attempts so long as you are standing firmly on the ground and not climbing, flying or riding. .5 points
Origin Skill: Disguise 1
Natural Attack 2
Darkvision II 1.5
You ignore species penalties with disguise checks 1
Bloodhound. Your base scent range is equal to your Wisdom score × 10 ft. and, you gain a +6 bonus with /Tracking checks. 1.5

Beast -2 points.
Light-Sensitivity -.5
Reviled -.5
Type Beast -2
Aloof: +2 error range on Impress and Sense Motive checks targeting other species.
Limited Proficiencies: you begin with 2 fewer proficiencies (min 0).
Light Sensitive: Any time you enter a more brightly lit area, you suffer 20 pts of flash damage.
>>
>>46460119
I'd penalize Int instead of Wis, after all Wisdom represents perception. Although Bloodhound kinda evens that out, lions wouldn't strike me as a species lacking in wisdom. Also, light-sensitive and darkvision? I'm not sure if that fits.
>>
>>46460171
The wisdom is to represent how they're usually used in the folklore. 'Lions' are greedy, intemperate creatures. They rarely regard themselves as being subjects to danger, have lose tempers, try to pull shit like sleeping with the wives of great warriors. Their senses are sharp, but their picture of reality is distorted.

And the Darkvision and Light sensitivity might be a bit heavy handed, but Lions are primarily nocturnal.
>>
>>46460119
You should look into figuring out how many points Fire Brave's "ignore species and size penalties to Disguise checks" works out to, and then fitting it in if possible. It would fit with your
>Lion's can just trick you into thinking they're not lions
thing, which is pretty cool by the way.
>>
>>46460432
>You should look into figuring out how many points Fire Brave's "ignore species and size penalties to Disguise checks" works out to
Oh, I didn't see the species feat thing. Okay, so that drops it to at most .5 So I can drop light sensitivity?
>>
>>46460642

Your points are all messed up Improved Stability is 1 point.
>>
>>46460119

Type: Large (2×2) quadruped beast with a Reach of 1 (see Fantasy Craft, page 227). Your maximum wounds equal your Constitution score × 1.5 (rounded down) (-1)
• Attributes: +2 Strength, +2 Dexterity, –4 Wisdom (2)
• Base Speed: 40 ft. (1)
• Darkvision I: You ignore the effects of dim and faint light.
• Fixated: You may not attack a new opponent until your current one is defeated or has escaped.
• Grassland Camouflage: You gain a +5 gear bonus with Blend checks while in plains terrain. (2)
• Natural Attack: You gain the Bite I and Claw I natural attacks (see Fantasy Craft, page 235). If you gain a natural attack from multiple sources, the attack’s grade becomes equal to the highest single grade + 1 per additional benefit granting the same attack, to a maximum of V (e.g. Bite IV, Bite III, and Bite I become Bite V). (2)
• Natural Shifter: You ignore Species and Size penalties with Disguise checks. (1)
• Limited Proficiencies: You begin with 2 fewer proficiencies (minimum 0). (-.5)
• Restricted Actions: Crafting, Investigate, and Medicine checks you make are considered untrained (see Fantasy Craft, page 63). (-1)
• Reviled: The disposition of non-lions decrease by 10. (-1)
• Sharp Hearing: Your hearing range increments are equal to your Wisdom score × 10 ft. Further, you may always act during a surprise round unless deafened. (2)
>>
>>46464351
I would say size should be 2x1 rather than 2x2. Mechanically you're still Large, but it makes a little more sense for a lion-shaped thing.
>>
>>46464444

It would by 1x2 (frontage x length), but I erred on models that you could easily get for play, sadly all on 2x2s. It's the same points either way. But lions are definitely large, not medium.
>>
>>46464673
I really don't think they should be, though. Horses are large, lions are not even half the size of horses. They're like 3 humans strapped together, horizontally, if that.
>>
>>46466329
Anything that takes up more than one square is large even if they aren't actually all that bulky. On top of that, these are magical fantasy lions, and could very well be as big as a horse.
>>
>>46464351
This is really good except, the -4 seems like too much and.
> Restricted Actions: Crafting, Investigate, and Medicine checks you make are considered untrained (see Fantasy Craft, page 63). (-1)
Crafting and Medicine are two things they're actually good at.
>>
So does anyone actually play this game? I want to try it but haven't seen it mentioned anywhere but here. There aren't even any games on roll20.
>>
>>46472228
I've been running it for some IRL friends, but I've never been one to game with strangers online, even when it comes to well-known and popular games.

Though we do occasionally get online games organized through these threads, when there happens to be a GM willing to start one up.
>>
>>46472228
I'm currently in four games that've been decently long running. Roll20 rarely has people volunteering for games that aren't already pretty popular, but I managed to scrounge one up.
>>
>>46472228
I'm in a game that was organized in one of these threads, and then I GM one as well. I might run one for some anons here when the one I'm running is done.
>>
>>46472228
Played a year long campaign from this thread. It's my wish to be able to get a short campaign together when I can find the time to do it, even though it is going to inevitably suck.
Thread replies: 72
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.