[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why isn't there a negative reply? Of any sort? You're
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 161
Thread images: 18
File: 1459629966283.jpg (256 KB, 1680x1050) Image search: [Google]
1459629966283.jpg
256 KB, 1680x1050
Why isn't there a negative reply? Of any sort?

You're basically in medieval Europe. Being trans would be rough. You probably wouldn't just tell random strangers about your transition, since they might, y'know, call you an abomination and punch you in the mouth.
>>
>>46427339
Because she's not a transvestite?

Dude.
>>
>>46427339
All three replies sounds like different variations of "cool story bro".
>>
>>46427339
Is there even a difference between those three options?

I hate when games do that on regular conversations. What's the point of having three dialogue options if there's no difference at all in which you choose?
>>
>>46427339
>You're basically in medieval Europe. Being trans would be rough. You probably wouldn't just tell random strangers about your transition, since they might, y'know, call you an abomination and rape and murder you

fixed
>>
>>46427398
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trans_woman
>>
>>46427339
I mean, the forgotten realms is only medieval Europe in the vaguest possible fashion. Like, the technology is a mix of early medieval through high renaissance before you even get into the occasional steampunk magitek bit. Plus society in general seems to be much more liberal (in the classical sense), rather than a proper medieval feudal system. There's also a bunch of polytheistic gods that represent objective ideals of good, evil, law, and chaos, so religion, the main argument that would have existed against transgender people, is eliminated.

That said, this is a pretty hamfisted attempt at inclusivity.
>>
>>46427518
You might have "good" gods who see it as unnatural, though I doubt they'd go after transpeople the way they do the undead even if they didn't like it.
>>
>>46427451
>Raping a man
Anon...
>>
>>46427518
>That said, this is a pretty hamfisted attempt at inclusivity.
Especially since there are literally sex-changing magic items, are there not? Is the character in OP someone using one of those items, or is just a man pretending to be a woman or woman pretending to be a man like real world trannies?
>>
Gonna need context on that dialogue. Looks like one of those formatted companion dialogues where you ask your party member "tell me about yourself".

If that's not the case, I agree. All three of those are basically 'okay' and that's shitty.

Inb4 hideously uninformed shitslinging over tranny shit.
>>
>>46427339
Eh. It's not like eunics, third genders, man-subs, and other not-CIS or whatever types haven't been common in history or shitloads of civilizations.

Abrahamic religion dominated areas seem to have been more against that sort of thing than others. No, that's not a fedora tipping dig at Christianity or whatever. I'm a church volunteer. I just think you've got to keep all of human history in your mind when considering hypothetical cultures. That's not a set in stone rule or anything, but if you were throwing darts at a globe and at random times in history, you'd have a "pretty much never accepting LGBTQ" bet if it landed on an Abrahamic civ, and a "possibly, depending on the time period" landing most other places.

The games setting is only Medieval Europe so far as technology level, and even that's wildly inaccurate of a statement.

Is this a sloppy and shitty way to shoehorn in a trans person in the modern sense of the word to make some sort of statement? Absolutely. It's a bad one, too, and shit writing. But does it take away from the game in any meaningful way or worth giving half a shit about? No.
>>
Get a gender change belt you fucking retard!

Beamdog are niggers that should be hanged by the neck until they are dead.
>>
>>46427924
>It's not like eunics, third genders, man-subs, and other not-CIS or whatever types haven't been common in history or shitloads of civilizations.
Eunuchs existed in several places sure but what are those other things you're talking about?
>>
File: 1431000822747.jpg (32 KB, 490x345) Image search: [Google]
1431000822747.jpg
32 KB, 490x345
>>46427662
Good question. Given the setting, I'd be inclined to suspect the use of magic, but my Google-fu digs up nothing more than some comments to the extent that that character isn't actually developed much beyond that one line.
>>
>>46427339
There didnt even need to be an angry negative option, just a confusion one, but they cant even go that far
>>
>>46427645
Totally not gay, ask the Romans.
>>
>>46428089
We KNOW, is just that you can't rape a man.
At that point it stops being rape.
>>
>>46427645
You have no concept about what people thought was ok in the past
>>
>>46428118
Umm. Yes, you can rape a man. It's a pretty shitty crime and the victim wouldn't admit to it.

You can't rape a boy, though. A little pedastry is good for building character in our youth. I mean, we're not barbarians here.
>>
They should've had it were the character has perfectly normal dialogue but if you kill and loot them you find women's underwear equipped. Maybe an angora sweater as well.
>>
>>46427339
Your character is a child of the god of murder, he/she's not in any position to be calling other people abominations.
>>
>>46428159
Legally.
It's one of those thing that are said on /tg/ to see if the -14 crowd went to sleep already. It's a shitty situation, but after 3 or 4 (You) we just agree it sucks and move on.
>>
>>46428212
Depends on the jurisdiction, honestly.
>>
>>46428193
Sure he is. Him being an abomination doesn't make other abominations any less abominable.
>"At least I didn't CHOOSE to be an abomination."

But really, things like this and that joke they removed after release in Pillars of Eternity are so minor that it's like, why bother? Why bother doing them in the first place? Why bother bending to SJWs to remove it? It's so trivial.
>>
>>46428118
bait?

>>46428025
this actually makes me think about the use of the girdle, It was originally intended as a joke item right? just a reason to laugh at your player and say "Haha you have tits now!"

But say you have a player who wants to delve into a character struggling with Body Dysmorphia or Gender Dysphoria trying to magically "fix" their body. definitely going onto my reading list of curve balls to throw at my players.
>>
>>46427339
Did you not read the book on sexuality in the ninth realm? It's clearly written by some rabid social justice warrior, but it does make clear the universal acceptance of any kind of sexuality.
It's fucking ridiculous, but in this instance, having a negative response would go against lore.
>>
>>46428272
>But say you have a player who wants to delve into a character struggling with Body Dysmorphia or Gender Dysphoria trying to magically "fix" their body
I didn't save it, but there have been screencaps posted on /tg/ of people complaining that it is a "cursed" item because "OH WOW, CHANGING YOUR GENDER IS A 'CURSE' FUCKING CISNORMATIVE SHITLORD"
>>
>>46427339

What game is that? It looks like Baldur's Gate, but BG doesn't have faggotry like that in it.

Please tell me that's not the Beamdog cash-in version. Please tell me they didn't shoehorn transsexuals into their "enhanced" edition.
>>
>>46428004
>Eunuchs existed in several places sure but what are those other things you're talking about?
Not the anon you're asking, but I assume you mean stuff like the two-spirit of native Americans, the kathoey of Thailand, the fa'afafine of Samoa, and probably some stuff that I'm forgetting. Also, look up the Roman emperor Elagabalus if you think transgender people are a new thing.
>>
>>46428246
Transexuals don't choose to be transexual either. And I think having voices in your head who tell you to murder people is a tad more abominable than dressing like a lady.

As for PoE, if you're referring to the tombstone with the shitty poem it was submitted by a backer.

>>46428336
It is indeed from the enhanced edition, but from the new expansion pack they just released, not the game proper.
>>
>>46427339

For you and I, a fantasy world where anything can happen includes dragons, wizards and adventuring as a viable career.

For them, it includes a person hearing a trans person's story and being guaranteed to give a polite outward response, whether or not they mean it.
>>
>>46428401
But why are there three such responses, which all appear to do the same thing?
>>
>>46428415
3 seems to exit the conversation.

I have no idea why you need BOTH 1. and 2. though.
>>
>>46428415
That's pretty much standard fare for Baldur's Gate.
>>
>>46428415
Because writing a negative response either made the writers uncomfortable or worried it would offend someone in a way they didn't want to.
>>
>>46428372
>Transexuals don't choose to be transexual either.
Sure they do. This guy chose to dress up as and act like a woman. The causes for why he chose to do this are unknown and may not have been within his control, but he did choose to perform the actions which tell us he is transsexual.
>>
>>46428415
It's just basic Biowarean technique of faked dialogue options. Supposed to make it seem you have choices when you don't.
>>
>>46428321
Swapping genders could actually be a pretty big problem for martial classes (particularly going from male to female, since it would be a direct downgrade if you're Str focused). You'd have to get used to new limb proportions, new frame, new center of gravity, new swingy bits where there didn't used to be any, your favored weapon might not fit in your grip anymore. There's quite a few things.

On top of that are going to be a lot of subtle changes which will bother different people to varying degrees. Movement will be slightly different, facial structure will be different, you might have to get used to being shorter or taller than you used to be. I can imagine someone undergoing the spell feeling very 'off' for several days afterward while they acclimated (of course this is assuming the spell doesn't just add/remove tits and call it a day).
>>
>>46428321
but there are tons of "Cursed" items that dont have a negative effect, most of the low level ones are "Haha you have purple hair now and you cant take off the ring" having your body spontaneously changed against your will is generally seen as a bad thing.

My players once got a cursed potion in random loot. They didn't know it was cursed or what it did since the wizard had to work a double shift and couldn't make game night. So instead of waiting they summoned up a monkey to test it on. It started glowing with spectral tattoos, but then failed its second fort save and exploded. They thought the tattoo shit was awesome so they drank it anyway. The Druid passed both rolls and came out with a bonus to detecting magic, the Barbarian failed the first but passed the explode check so he wound up with glowing scars. Moral of the story? magic is risky why would you just drink something you found in a dungeon! Second moral, if you decide for yourself what you want to do even a "Curse" isn't necessarily a bad thing.
>>
>>46427339
If I recall Baldur's Gate controls correctly, you can always reply negatively by murdering the fucker.
>>
>>46427339
>I created my new name from syllables of different languages.

This reminded me of those 'ORIGINAL CHARACTER DO NOT STEAL' wannabes who would mix and match Japanese syllables for their character names. My sides went into orbit upon this revelation.
>>
>>46428483
this is true, you would have to start from scratch rebuilding that muscle memory.

>inb4 -4 str
>>
>>46428357
Elagabalus was a slut more than anything else. It's not uncommon (throughout history) for young homosexual men to dress like women to attract other men.

And yes, I know he also wanted his doctors to carve a vagina into his abdomen. I think that points more to an obsession with sex than a desire to be a woman (in non-sexual capacity).

In any case, the dude was crazy/stupid and everybody hated him. Doesn't really point towards Roman acceptance of "transgender" people.
>>
>being trans
>in a world where perfect magical sexchange is available

I don't get it. Is he just into cross dressing or what?
>>
>>46428581
>Doesn't really point towards Roman acceptance of "transgender" people.
While true, the contention was that they were not uncommon, not that they were not accepted.
>third genders, man-subs, and other not-CIS or whatever types haven't been common in history or shitloads of civilizations.
>>
>>46428606
It's Bioware trying to be "inclusive" because CURRENT YEAR.
>>
>>46428606
All the gender-swapping belts belong to the ogres and they ain't giving that shit up.
>>
>>46427339
>You're basically in medieval Europe.

>Implying my setting bears much in common with medieval/renaissance Europe beyond a superficial resemblance

If I wanted to set my game in a historical real-life place, I would have done that.
>>
>>46428653
DC 20 Lore Check: You know the truth of the fabled Transwar on Ogres, a battle fought for control of a handful of treasured artifacts said to cure the insane of their mental diseases. This tale is stated to be the reason why there are no Ogres in the Montehall Highlands. The truth is trannies just wanted to change gender.
>>
>>46428606
The idea is that with sex swapping magic you're still either man or woman. Trans consider themselves something else - there's bunch of other terms and expressions collectively called "non-binary" (as the opposite of the traditional Man/Woman). Don't try to understand it, unless you're working in social networks, you don't really need to know.
>>
>>46428618
But it wasn't common in their culture. Elgabalus was wildly aberrant and isn't even certain that he was "trans."

Men, especially boys, did perform feminine sexual duties, and that was common, but getting fucked by men doesn't mean you want to be a woman. Romans prized their beautiful boys more highly than their women.
>>
>>46428730
>Trans consider themselves something else
See, I've been told/heard/was taught/whatever that trans people were men who wanted to be women, or women who wanted to be men. They were men "born in a woman's body" or vice versa, that they felt like a "woman on the inside."

So which is it? Do they want to be the opposite gender or do they want to be a helicopter?
>>
>>46428483
Even as an everyday thing, an involuntary change to your body is a pretty big violation. It's definitely a curse.
>>
>>46428811
>Do they want to be the opposite gender or do they want to be a helicopter?
Yes.
>>
>>46428811
>So which is it?

Doesn't trans encompass both switching from one to another, as well as non-binary genders?
>>
>>46428879
I sure hope not because if it does that's confusing. Like calling both a fork and a knife a "fork."
>>
File: 1414611323790.png (114 KB, 257x201) Image search: [Google]
1414611323790.png
114 KB, 257x201
>People in modern society have no idea what the fuck being trans is and many consider it a mental illness
>People in your fantasy la la land setting understand it perfectly

I think the choices are more the protagonist trying to end the conversation as quick as fucking possible to get out of there
>>
>>46428730
>The idea is that with sex swapping Surgery you're still either man or woman.

That's one of the main problems with the whole argument, beyond the basic binary is that it doesn't follow basic logic. It also allows for the god awful gender-fluid that means they can get upset at how insensitive you are about their gender identity that changes at random.

This is why I refer to people by their sex pronouns, far lest confusing and subject to popular whim since its a mostly binary system with which you can deal with the variances on a case by case basis.
>>
>>46428581
>It's not uncommon (throughout history) for young homosexual men to dress like women to attract other men.

>homosexual
>to attract other men

Is this one of those things like how futa fetishists try to pretend they're not in any way gay?

It's cool if you're gay. But don't act like being a man and wanting a phallus ain't gay.
>>
>>46427339
what game is that"?
>>
File: Hint - It's not this game.png (2 MB, 1280x1058) Image search: [Google]
Hint - It's not this game.png
2 MB, 1280x1058
>>46428996
Read the thread.
>>
File: forks_and_spoons.png (104 KB, 682x425) Image search: [Google]
forks_and_spoons.png
104 KB, 682x425
>>46428909
It's far far worse than that.
>>
>>46427339
Why are the first 2 options the same thing? What is this, Fallout 4?
>>
>>46428977
And it's what the recent law in North Carolina was about too. You go into the bathroom that correlates with the sex you have listed on I think it was your driver's license. That's all it does, just define what bathroom you go into. Yet everyone's flipping their tables over it. The NBA, Disney, other huge billion dollar corporations. I don't get it.
>>
>>46429038

Modern Bioware.
>>
>>46427448
>What's the point of having three dialogue options if there's no difference at all in which you choose?
It's about trying to craft an illusion of choice. Most video games do this constantly. A substantial amount of level design is devoted to making players feel like they have choices when there is only one path; conversations like this are essentially the same.
>>
>>46427339
You can kill them with literally no consequences. Just do that.
>>
>>46429067
>>46429077
But it's so blatant. It's not a good illusion if you see through it.
>>
>>46429117
Exactly.
>>
>>46429053
Because it basically forces trans people to expose themselves to discrimination. If you haven't gotten your birth cert. changed (if you even can in NC) you still have to use the mens even if you're a trans woman who looks totally female. Awkward as fuck at the least, potentially violent at worst.

It's a law solely targeting a minority just to fuck them over. Since the rightwing nuts can't bash fags anymore they're after someone else.
>>
>>46428272
good idea for another spin on it. The belt doesn't change your gender, it just makes you think it did, and you suddenly believe that you are in fact a woman who has turned into a man or vice versa, despite your body being unaffected.
>>
>>46427339
1. /v/ go and take your sjw bs with you
2. Forgotten Realms setting. It is nowhere near medieval Europe. FR, among other things, canonically lacks biological differences between men and women's physical capabilities, lacks a gender bias in most countries, lacks racial bias in most countries, and ding ding has fucking gender transformation magic and shit.
>>
>>46429053
Its because the LGBT movement has been hijacked and the fact that people don't seem to understand that there is a defference between "Sex" and "Gender"

Part of that is the advancement of medical science to the point where physical transition doesn't necessarily leave you as a scared monstrosity. the discussion now is mostly because the world is itself in a time of transition. and trying to figure out how to handle the new reality that a transgender female-> male has a beard and broad shoulders while a transgender male-> female has a narrow waist and breasts and they aren't necessarily a transvestite.
>>
>>46429053
I don't think it's that big of a deal, but it is a fairly invasive overreach of the government's duties from the group that's supposed to be against that.

It's just needless meddling for a non-existent issue, entirely made to single out a specific group so they can pander to a base. It's hard to be a moderate, fiscal conservative when there aren't any in pretty much any level of government to vote for.

If it were up to me though, there wouldn't be separate gendered bathrooms. Just seems like a wasteful and unnecessary burden.
>>
>>46428159
>It's a pretty shitty crime

>pretty shitty

Kek
>>
>>46429173
>If it were up to me though, there wouldn't be separate gendered bathrooms
>Wanting to give up your urinals
>Wanting to wait in line behind the big groups of women who take forever.
Fuck that.
>>
>>46429201
If it's a high traffic bathroom, you could easily have it be unisex and still have urinals. In fact, I think that makes the most sense in terms of logistics.
>>
>>46429162
>FR, among other things, canonically lacks biological differences between men and women's physical capabilities,
Wow, I completely forgot about this part, but yeah you're right.
>>
>>46429201
I remember walking into a ladies room once, place was a mess. like WTF, sometimes you get a situation where a dude had limited control and sprayed the walls a bit, but fuck.

Maybe the pimps who right the "For a good time" numbers clean the mens rooms? I don't know, but that memory will stick with me forever.
>>
>>46428946
That was my impression as well

"Thanks for sharing bye"
>>
>>46429148
If you want to take the idea ad absurdum, make it two items:
- Belt of Gender change - swaps what you think you are, but your body stays the same
- Belt of Sex change - swaps what's in your pants, but you still consider yourself the original sex

Obviously by the laws of magical item slots you can't have both at the same time.
>>
>>46429147
>If you're a man you use the men's bathroom, if you're a woman you use the women's bathroom
I don't see the problem here.

>you still have to use the mens even if you're a trans woman who looks totally female
Yes, if you're a man, whether you look like Brad Pitt or Japanese anime character, you use the men's bathroom. What's so bad about that?
I doubt there are any non-Thai trans women who look totally female. All the transsexuals I've seen personally are hideous. They look like (and are) men in dresses or they're covered in tattoos and piercings besides the obvious body problems.

>Awkward as fuck at the least, potentially violent at worst.
That's exactly what happens when a transsexual goes into a bathroom anyway, for years before this law. If I'm in a men's bathroom, locker room, etc. I don't want any women in it. I imagine the vast majority of women don't want men in their bathrooms and locker rooms either.
>>
>>46429230
I mean, its still hamfisted and makes me cringe, but it's easier to swallow when you understand it's part of an alien aspect to a foreign culture. Obviously in the real world it doesn't work that way at all, but the real world doesn't have elves and shit either
>>
>>46429010
Deus fucking Vult

One of the things I liked about that setting was that paladins got their powers from just being so fucking amped on themselves and believing in their shit so strong it becomes.magic
>>
>>46429296
In terms of video games, I really like it. As a kid playing Icewind Dale, reading that made me gravitate to having an equal split of males and females in my party. If females have higher AGI but lower STR for instance, then to minmax you need to pick the right gender for your class or whatever. Korean MMOs have gender-locked classes all the time, it turns me off.
>>
>>46427339
OP is an idiot. There's something perfectly wrong to complain about in that screenshot, and it's not a trans person. It's the dialogue options for 1 and 2 being the same fucking thing.
>>
>>46429267
make it one item that swaps between them when you remove curse for maximum (no pun intended) dicketry.
>>
>>46429356

The bigger thing to complain about is the sprite outlines. They look awful, why would you have them on?
>>
>>46429356
That's whole Baldur's Gate series for you. To be honest I don't understand why it's still so highly regarded. It's Forgotten Realms (shit), lacks CnC and has horrible combat because of RTwP shit. It was cool shit when I was teenaged D&D junkie, but seriously after recently replaying it, I had more moments of cringe than awesome.
>>
>>46428308
>sexuality in the ninth realm?
Isn't that for Numenera?
>>
>>46429276
>doubt there are any non-Thai trans women who look totally female.

you haven't been to /b/ in a long time have you. place is trap central now, and there doesn't go a day without a thread about boi pussy or a "does she have a penis?"
>>
>>46429067
>Modern
Implying Bioware wasn't always about linear railroading. Only game they ever made that has actual choices is Knights of The Old Republic and in that case there is only choices because Star Wars forced them to integrate good/evil dualism into game. Even more ironic is that they would later half-assedly copy that system for their later games showing how uncreative they really are.
>>
>>46429347
Gender locking is just a cost cutting measure because Korean MMOs are the cheapest shit, made as cheaply as possible and shoveled out for a profit
>>
>>46429493
That's the thing, I've been on /b/ long enough that my trap detection is pretty good.
>>
POINT OF ORDER

This isn't Modern Bioware, this is BEAMDOG. Bioware made the original BG, BEAMDOG has the rights now. Not that modern Bioware isn't shit, but if we're going to be pedants by God let us be correct about it.
>>
>>46429423
>lacks CnC and has horrible combat because of RTwP shit.
What are these acronyms?

Icewind Dale was much more fun to play than BG.
>>
>>46429424
>play Numenera
>guy tells me not to touch obelisk as it will cut my face off with lasers
>ignore him
>obelisk cuts my face off with lasers
>game over

Should have listened to that guy.
>>
>>46429632
Real Time With Pause is the second. That's the style of gameplay of the Infinity engine games.
>>
>>46429728

What's the issue with that?
>>
>>46429632
Icewind Dale 2 was refreshingly innovative for being basically gigantic dungeon romp (although technically you're outside most of the time), but totally fell apart at the end. I really loved that they didn't make orcs and other beastly races totally evil, something that D&D should do more often.

Also, CnC is choices and consequences and RTwP is Real Time with Pause.
>>
>>46429736
It's a clusterfuck that is hard to manage. Why have real time at all when real D&D is turn based? I'd recommend people to try Temple of Elemental Evil if they want to see D&D combat done right in a computer game. Sadly, it's antique Greyhawk crap, so plotwise it's even more garbage than FR stuff, but combat is awesome.
>>
>>46429748
>the Orc camp you have to sneak into
>the fey forest
>the giant glacier and Aurilite fortress
So good.

Icewind Dale 1 was bretty gud too.

Weirdly, Icewind Dale 2 breaks if you try to run it widescreen, and is also more laggy on Windows 10 than IWD1.
>>
>>46429780
>Sadly, it's antique Greyhawk crap, so plotwise it's even more garbage than FR stuff
I will fight you, sir.
>>
>>46429077
Only shit video games do this. Plenty of video games have actually good choices.
>>
>>46429780
>It's a clusterfuck that is hard to manage
Bullshit - give everyone bow or slingshot, set AI to "fire at will but do not pursue" and 80% of the combat encounters become autopilot - for the other 20% you occasionally pause for spells.
>>
>>46429831
>Plenty
No they don't. Such video games are rare gems and before Kickstarter came they had completely died off for years. Average video gamer sadly is the cancer who loves railroaded "interactive" movies.
>>
>>46429861
Are you seriously implying that kiting enemies to death is fun? I bet you liked Arcanum's combat system too.
>>
>>46429914

Who said anything about fun? You complained that it was hard to manage, anon pointed out that it really isn't.
>>
>>46429914
Kiting is when you run away and shoot. You don't need that. You just stand still and drop most of the things before they get to you.
>>
>>46429788
>finally getting through that fucking glacier
>dragon lady appears and says a whole bunch of shit
>combat starts
>disintegrate
>combat over
Shit was so cash. I still don't know if she was supposed to run away at low health or trigger a cutscene or something but I remember it being really jarring so I think I messed up the pacing by instantly turning her to dust.
>>
>>46429892
Is this why everyone was so crazy about Undertale with its pretense of moral choices?
>>
>>46429736
I dunno. I love real time with pause and think it's no problem.
>>
>>46427984
Or get someone to cast Lesser Restoration and heal your brain damage.
>>
File: Barrels 016 Sherincal.jpg (293 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
Barrels 016 Sherincal.jpg
293 KB, 800x600
>>46429984
Icewind Dale 1 and 2 had my favorite magical items of any game. Compared to them Pillars of Eternity's magical items were garbage.
>>
>>46427722
>Inb4 hideously uninformed shitslinging over tranny shit.
What is there to be informed about?
>>
>>46430002
Yes, choices like that were old arts resurrected from the times when computer games used to be exclusively nerdy thing, but wrapped in a package that hipsters would love. Also, that's a good thing because it gives hope that mainstream market can finally overcome railroaded crap. We might yet to see another age where mainstream companies will fund something like Vampire Bloodlines.
>>
>>46428272
>definitely going onto my reading list of curve balls to throw at my players.
Part of why I always play evil characters is so I can kill NPCs wasting my time with stupid shit like this.
>>
>>46430047
Torment had some pretty sick magic items, too.
>all the weird eyes you can stick in your head
>all the crazy shit at Vrishika's shop
>dead petrified arm of an earlier incarnation
>magic tattoos
>>
File: Barrels 027.jpg (385 KB, 800x1021) Image search: [Google]
Barrels 027.jpg
385 KB, 800x1021
>>46430228
>your old body parts the magical item
Looking at that eyeball disturbs me.
>>
File: Barrels 057.png (899 KB, 1448x1004) Image search: [Google]
Barrels 057.png
899 KB, 1448x1004
>>
The new UI sucks
>>
>>46427398
That literally happens in Bg2 if you talk to the pimp in the slumps with Edwina.

Edwina kills him turning all the inn hostile to the group. good times.
>>
>>46428456
>The causes for why he chose to do this are unknown and may not have been within his control
Kek
>>
>>46428730
That's completely fucking false. Transpeople are dudes and dudettes suffering from body dysphoria, specifically gender dysphoria. The other are Tumblr cunts (who certainly have their own psychiatric problems, like histrionic and narcissistic behaviour) who need to feel themselves interesting.
>>
>1
Question Tree, pozitive
>2
Question Tree, neutral
>3
Quit directly.

If OP hadn't been triggered this wouldn't even warrant commentary. It was not common for there to be a hostile response to everything (one of, possibly the only contribution of the BioWheel that raped dialogue trees as we knew them). Especially on a "tell me about yourself" tree. Normally there's just "gib moar" or "ABORT" unless it's written by Obsidian or Golden Age Bioware.
>>
File: torment01_66.jpg (80 KB, 1024x555) Image search: [Google]
torment01_66.jpg
80 KB, 1024x555
>>46430277
>Looking at that eyeball disturbs me.
One of the side effects of The Nameless One's condition is that there's LOTS of room for body horror.

Off the top of my head:
>pic related
>you can let a crazy lady in the catacombs cut you open to get a ring of protection a previous incarnation swallowed
>later the intestines that she pulls out can be made into a magic belt that gives you +4 Con and increased regeneration
>you can let Ignus permanently immolate parts of your body for more spells
>Tomb of Dismemberment, which is where you get that arm club
>Tomb of the Nameless One, which you have to enter by letting the traps kill you, then regenerating
>the sensory stone where Ravel gives you a special message with a dudes eyeball
>everything about the Pillar of Skulls
>all the skins hanging in Fell's studio
>the ghouls and zombies in the catacombs
>>
>>46430570
>If X hadn't been triggered this wouldn't even warrant commentary.
Breaking news, both sides of the 'debate' are exactly the same.
>>
Didn't her parents check to see if she had a willy or a vag?
>>
>>46428118
>We KNOW, is just that you can't rape a man.
That's reasonable. Men are naturally physically superior to women and so it's safe to assume that if intercourse happened, it was by their consent.

:^)
>>
File: pol sjw.png (85 KB, 600x800) Image search: [Google]
pol sjw.png
85 KB, 600x800
>>46430649
It still blows my mind that after all these years on the Internet, people still think you can have an argument without sounding like a retard
>>
>>46430228
Torment in general was full of "sick" body horror things due to protagonist being technically undeath.

I mean even I was kinda blown away by some of the dialogue and I like guro.
>>
>>46427339
>“If there was something for the original Baldur’s Gate that just doesn’t mesh for modern day gamers like the sexism, [we tried to address that],” said writer Amber Scott. “In the original there’s a lot of jokes at women’s expense. Or if not a lot, there’s a couple, like Safana was just a sex object in BG 1, and Jaheira was the nagging wife and that was played for comedy. We were able to say, ‘No, that’s not really the kind of story we want to make.’ In Siege of Dragonspear, Safana gets her own little storyline, she got a way better personality upgrade. If people don’t like that, then too bad.”

Get over it shitlord. Also, that writer does shitty romance novels.
>>
File: jonny commisar.jpg (47 KB, 357x353) Image search: [Google]
jonny commisar.jpg
47 KB, 357x353
>>46427339
>CTRL + F "cultural appropriation"
>no results found
what the fuck /tg/, they just admitted to naming themselves the fantasy equivalent of Ooga Booga Ching Chong and none of you picked up on it.
>>
>>46427662
>>46427662
Didn't Elminster himself spend some time as a woman cuz Mystra wanted to teach him a lesson or somethig?
>>
>>46428321
>"OH WOW, CHANGING YOUR GENDER IS A 'CURSE' FUCKING CISNORMATIVE SHITLORD"
Well, if you're CIS then you suddenly become a person with body/gender dysmorphia, uncomfortable in your own body. Since it's supposedly so awful to have, I'd call it a curse.
>>
File: tumblr that way.jpg (6 KB, 200x140) Image search: [Google]
tumblr that way.jpg
6 KB, 200x140
>>46428118
>>
>>46432408
Either that, or you wouldn't give a shit, proving that dysphoria crap is nonsense.
>>
File: 1458248298792.jpg (83 KB, 387x412) Image search: [Google]
1458248298792.jpg
83 KB, 387x412
>>
>>46427339

The answer is WHO CARES THIS ISN'T DRIZZZT OR ELMISTER THEREFORE IT IS IRRELEVANT.
>>
>>46428909
>Like calling both a fork and a knife a "fork."
You mean like how "compass" in English refers to two distinct tools that have separate names in other languages?
>>
File: rn14wdxiqpbfnh0hm0d2.jpg (43 KB, 800x474) Image search: [Google]
rn14wdxiqpbfnh0hm0d2.jpg
43 KB, 800x474
>>46429356
Did you see the complaints about Fallout 4's dialog choices not being clear? Did you see the mod that made them clear, and therefore clearly the same for most interactions?
>>
>>46427339

Even with the commander keen rule, this is clearly a /v/ thread.
>>
File: 1401115315066.jpg (314 KB, 1038x1393) Image search: [Google]
1401115315066.jpg
314 KB, 1038x1393
>>46428909

What do you call a fork with one prong? your dad
>>
>>46430874
>if not a lot, there's a couple
>"I don't know whether it was actually bad or not, but I'm going to say it was to justify my meddling in the setting"
>"if people don't like that, then too bad"
>>
Not to piss on anyone's parade, but how the hell is this a /tg/ thread?
>>
>>46432508
I remember playing Mass Effect and feeling like the game was possessed because the choices seemed to be completely unrelated to what Shepherd would say.
It was creepy as shit.
>>
>>46432508
So F4 did it too, but somewhat hidden. That somehow makes it less bad? Or somehow impossible to avoid? I'm not really getting what your point is. Just giving F4 a quick kick to the shin?
>>
>>46432894
They've replaced the 'character filled' prompts you'd usually get with what the character actually says. Her response will be the same for all 4, plus or minus a single line of dialogue.

Why even bother adding prompts when everything is the same? Dump the guys backstory in a huge wall of text.
>>
>>46427339

You can kill her with no ill-effects. She's worth 2000 XP. You don't even get reputation loss.
>>
File: TG_recommended_games1.jpg (553 KB, 800x1800) Image search: [Google]
TG_recommended_games1.jpg
553 KB, 800x1800
>>46432645
As long as /v/ is a shithole, /tg/ vidya is /tg/ related.
>>
>>46432645
Baldur's Gate is a DnD video game, so it's as related as Marvel movie threads on /co/.
>>
>>46434624
Only one I haven't played that's sticking out is dominion3, any good?
>>
>>46435323
if you like civ, and have autism, go for it.
Dominions 4 is probably better though.
>>
>>46435393
I do like civ, are we talking dwarf fort autism or full minecraft?
>>
>>46434624
>As long as /v/ is a shithole
/v/ has always been and always will be a shithole.
>>
>>46435561
nowhere near dwarf fort, but definately above minecraft
imagine competitive 40k.
>>
>>46435614
Sounds good, thanks faggot
>>
>>46430277
>Looking at that eyeball disturbs me.
It's tame compared to how Ignus' master taught him.
>>
>>46427339
Baldur's gate doesn't take place in medieval europe. It takes place in a fantasy realm that sort of resembles europe, but you know, gods and magic and monsters and all that. It's entirely possible that there was no cultural stigmatization of trannies in the baldur's gate setting. In fact, this image would seem to suggest it.
>>
>>46435684
In setting where souls are a metaphysical reality and genders change because of random curses, I can't imagine it's nearly as big an issue.
Thread replies: 161
Thread images: 18

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.