[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Would you consider undergoing surgery to get better at playing
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 3
File: ciurg.jpg (246 KB, 1713x1235) Image search: [Google]
ciurg.jpg
246 KB, 1713x1235
Would you consider undergoing surgery to get better at playing traditional games?

Let us assume that the costs are being taken care of by an interested third party.
>>
File: 1444288038943.gif (44 KB, 838x734) Image search: [Google]
1444288038943.gif
44 KB, 838x734
>to get better at playing traditional games
>>
>>46424409
looks like anon (hey! we're all anonymous agian!) is talking about carpal tunnel surgery.
>>
>>46424361
How would carpal tunnel surgery make you better at playing traditional games?
Before i could answer i would need to know what kind of surgery, how it would actually make me better at playing traditional games, and what the side effects of that surgery are.
>>
>>46424939
if you have carpal tunnel syndrome, i imagine writing and rolling dice could get painful.
thus the surgery, which is the only long term solution, really.
>>
>>46425086
>he doesn't use a dice cup or tower
Get a load of this pleb!
>>
>>46425086
I just drink, take painkillers, and generally ignore it and i get by just fine. Actual surgery for minor pain seems like overkill and a waste.
>>
>>46425153
Bet you'd eventually end up paying more for booze and painkillers (unless you take those recreationally anyways) than you would for carpal tunnel surgery.
Also, my wife crochets and she says it hurts pretty bad sometimes.
>>
>>46425213
>Also, my wife crochets and she says it hurts pretty bad sometimes.

Crochet... Is that where they put large hooks through their skin and hang themselves by their pierced flesh?
>>
>>46425213
You get used to it after a while and only take shit like ibu or tylenol during times like physical activities or when the pressure changes.
>>
>>46425361
Nah its the britstyle of baseball with the shin pads, BDSM asspaddle for a bat, and everyone but the person that needs it has safety gear.
>>
>>46424361
No surgery can improve roleplaying skills, so no.
>>
>>46424361
Well, if something was free, and would make me better at anything, then yeah. Not sure how it could make me be better at traditional games, but sure.
Unless this means that I will get higher rolls more often, then no.
>>
>>46424361
I had this surgery so I could paint again and now I'm better than ever
>>
>>46427469
Careful with repeated movements. It can wear down the scar tissue then you're fucked since it requires another surgery and each time around the shit gets weaker and more prone to breaking. Know a guy who can't type right handed now after 3 go arounds and i gotta open pop bottles for him so he doesn't get put out of commission from pain. Shits just a deathspiral in waiting which is why i'd rather deal with the pain and keep the tendon strong.
>>
>>46424361
Not just to, but I'd get a surgery that improves other things and consequentially helps traditional games.

Carpal tunnel surgery in particular, I'm going to get that when I'm old and busted enough to need it. And I probably will considering I have those freaky contortionist joints.
>>
>>46424361
Go and ask /v/
>>
>>46427585
Unless its that connective tissue disease making your joints that way you're actually quite lucky as you're much less prone to tendon issues and osteoarthritis. You might be the the only non-cripple in the alzheimers ward as you run at top speed from whitecoats, no cane needed.
>>
>>46427726
I don't know about any disease. It's a genetic deal. Not sure exactly what it is since I never bothered talking to a doctor over it, but looking at both of my parents, they have arthritis in their hands so the outlook isn't good.

But hey, I can pop my arms out of joint, pretzel up, and bend into a ball backwards, so that's fun. For now.
>>
IF ONLY surgery would cure autism.
>>
>>46425086
If OP is talking about carpal tunnel, then you're not really getting better at TG, you're just going back to normal. Not to mention it doesn't make you better, it just makes rolling painless.
>>
>>46425393
You're thinking of crocket.

Crochet is like knitting but with anal.
>>
>>46429598
A bullet to the head is a form of radical corrective surgery.
>>
>>46425361
It's fucking knitting dude.
>>
>>46430552
Not a very high success rate though.

http://www.nytimes.com/1988/02/25/us/brain-wound-eliminates-man-s-mental-illness.html
>>
>>46424361
what? get some sort of brain implant so I always roll perfect rolls?
sure. why the fuck not.
I mean when the time comes I'm getting as chromed up as I can.
>>
>>46430673
What if we get Shadowrun level AR and VR in our lifetimes? Imagine how that would enhance the tabletop experience.
>>
File: 1397881214172.jpg (82 KB, 550x453) Image search: [Google]
1397881214172.jpg
82 KB, 550x453
>>46429598
>>46430552
>>
>>46429598
Autism can be treated with therapy.

The only possible future cure is pre-birth gene hacking.
>>
>>46424361
Only kind of surgery I could think of that would help in /tg/ would be some form of futuristic brain enhancement implants/bioware.

So sure Chummer, hit me up with those Cerebral Boosters.
>>
>>46424361
>to get better at playing traditional games?
What? I'd definitely do it to be better at my job, but traditional gaming? How would that even work.
>>
>>46430699
That would be incredible.
I've already recently started using a whiteboard as a GM aid, it'll only be better once I can write in air and share complex 3D images.
>>
Give me a probability manipulator so that i can always draw the cards I want and I'm going to Vegas, not playing M:tG
>>
>>46425481
Brain surgery? I would take one to improve my imagination and immersion
>>
>>46429598
There's always Russian acupuncture. You locate four points in a straight line with equal distance between them on the patient's torso and then you press properly sized pitchfork against them.

>>46424361
Would gelding qualify as gaming improvement? Gamer won't get distracted by non-gaming urges, will be calmer, can focus better, has not inherent disadvantage against women trying to metagame with their charms.
>>
Yep, assuming dice rolling gets better?

I GO TO VEGAS
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.