[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Urban Oni Quest 12
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 124
Thread images: 7
File: 1443805248175.jpg (348 KB, 1241x900) Image search: [Google]
1443805248175.jpg
348 KB, 1241x900
“Oh, I probably should’ve mentioned this earlier, but trained Wizards can live for hundreds of years.” Christin tells you both with another sunny smile. Your jaw drops. Hundreds of years? You can’t even imagine that amount of time. Trish for her part just looks up and stares Christin directly in the eyes.
A huge smile on her face.

Your Name is Amy Nakamura, a 17 year old void Oni, and your best friend (and master) can learn to be a Wizard.

This is your fucking life now.

>Before you agree think about everything Trish.

>This still seems fishy to me.

>Write-in?
>>
Archive: http://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive.html?tags=Urban%20Oni%20Quest

Twitter: @StrikeZone13

Rules: Votes are given a 10-15 minute voting period (This is not a hard time limit), the dice used are 3d10s and the occasional d100 both are best of three. I try to add write-ins to the post if they’re applicable to the situation, shitposting write-ins will be ignored unless they are genuinely funny and can be added.

Try to have fun!
>>
>>46422438

Anything that looks to good to be true... probably is. What's the catch?
>>
>>46422438
>>
>>46422438
>Ask Trish what she thinks
>>
>>46422438
>>Before you agree think about everything Trish.
>>This still seems fishy to me.
Id say both personally.
>>
Alrighty, writing.

Sorry about the weird time and day guys.
>>
“Hold it, that’s nice and all but this whole proposition seems fishy to me. Why are you making this offer? Don’t just say ‘I need it to become a master’, because that line of reasoning doesn’t sit right with me at all.” You tell Christin while giving her a stern look. Trish glances back at you and nods once, good she was just playing the fool.

“Amy makes a good point miss Klein-“

“Christin!”

“Right, Christin, anyway she has a point. We just met and you’re offering to teach me? It really doesn’t add up.” Christin just smiles and sips her tea.

“Okay, maybe I’m not giving you the whole truth. It’s because I don’t trust you completely, just like your friend doesn’t trust me. That’s to be expected though, maybe by the end of this meeting you’ll have warmed up to me.”

>Ask her a question (what?)

>That doesn’t really answer anything though.

>Write-in?
>>
>>46423049
>What do you mean by "don't trust us"?
>>
>>46423049
>>
>>46423049
>>
Writing.

How's your day been anons?
>>
File: image.jpg (61 KB, 640x383) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
61 KB, 640x383
>>46423299
Sup SZ
>>
>>46423387
Not a whole lot, slept in and finished off some left over work.
>>
“That doesn’t answer anything though! There’s bound to be other people besides Trish out there you can teach! Uh, no offense Trish.” She just shrugs, she’s knows you have the right of it. Christin looks at the two of you, her smile slowly diminishing but not entirely disappearing.

“Okay, if you want me to be completely honest with you two will have to tell me something.” She says while leaning forward, a hungry glint in her eye.
“What are you two hiding? I felt it as soon as you both walked in, there’s something joining you together. It isn’t love though, or any other sort of emotion magic. It’s something… Different. Tell me what it is and I’ll tell you why I want to teach Trisha.” She leans back into her armchair and takes another sip of tea, the hunger you saw in her eyes is gone, but her small smile still remains. You and Trish share a meaningful look.

>I’m willing to tell her if you are.

>I don’t think telling her is a good idea.

>Shift the conversation to another topic, (Monster magic other kinds of magic, specifics you want etc.)

>Write-in?
>>
>>46423595
>>
>>46423595
>But make her promise not to tell anyone else. This is our secret to tell, not hers.
Trust has to start somewhere.
>>
>>46423595
>>
>>46423595
>>
>>46423595
>>46423644
Second.
>>
I'm willing to tell her wins.

You guys okay with the >>46423644

Promise thing?
>>
>>46423838
Sounds like a good idea
>>
>>46423838
A smart plan
>>
>>46423838
Yeah.
>>
>>46423838
Seems good to me boss
>>
“I’m willing to tell her if you are.” You say to your diminutive companion. She bites her lip and thinks for a few minutes before responding. She’s taking this incredibly seriously, you didn’t think she would….

Trish takes a deep breath and exhales audibly.

“If we tell you this, you have to promise us you won’t tell anyone else.” She tells Christin giving her a fixed stare. Trish means business.

”I swear by name and the name of the family Klein that I will keep your secret, Trisha Nguyen. You as well Amy Nakamura, I swear by my name and my power.” She says after placing her hand over her breast. You feel a release of magic coming from her, it tickles you nose a bit. She’s treating this seriously as well.

“Amy and I are bonded to one another, I am her Lord and she is my Samurai. It is old magic, old and powerful from a time where life was governed by the spirits and gods.” Trisha says, her voice taking on a wise tone that belies her appearance.

>Tell her what you are.

>Show her what you are.

>Write-in?
>>
>>46424188
>Tell her what you are, and ask her if she would like to see for herself.
It would be rude to transform without warning.
>>
>>46424188

>>46424248

This
>>
>>46424264
Seconding

Only show our MAD GAINS when the situation calls for it
>>
>>46424188
>Don't tell her
All she asked about was the bond, and we told her. If she wants more she can trade something for it.
>>
>>46424248
Second.
>>
Telling and then Asking it is.
>>
>>46424188
>>46424248
>>
>>46424248
Sound smart to me.
>4am
Well I guess this is my first and last vote today...
>>
>>46424453
Damn trips
>>
“I’m not human Christin. I am Oni, a servant to the Kami, and now my friend. The bond we share is a quirk of my people. It makes us both stronger.” Christin takes this all in, he blue eyes gleaming with excitement.

“I’ve only ever heard rumors about Oni… To actually meet one… I’m honored Amy, thank you for this opportunity.”

“Do want me to show you? I’m hiding what I actually look like.” She looks up at you almost giddy, but then she catches herself and calms down.

“No that’s quite alright, that’d be horribly rude of me. You’ve told me what I wanted to know and now I have to tell you.” She stops and pauses, as if she’s gathering her thought. “When I looked through your friend I saw what she was and how capable she is. Her talent is young and not that large, but it is utterly unique. I’ve never seen anything like it, it’s also completely separate from the bond you to share… If I could help someone with such a unique gift learn how to use it, I would be forever grateful. Just the opportunity to see it, even underdeveloped is amazing.”

>Any questions about this revelation?
>>
>>46424847
>"When you say it's 'a unique gift', what does that actually mean? What is it, exactly?"

>She looks up at you almost giddy, but then she catches herself and calms down.
Yeah, we're showing her later, no question about it.
>>
>>46424847
>Are you suuuuure you don't wanna see it?
Amy likes to show off, She can't help it, She's an oni.
>>
>>46424847
>Any questions about this revelation?
>"What exactly do you mean, unique? How is it different? Separate from our bond means it's entirely hers, right? Knowing Trish she'll be good at some sort of pun, like a Neko-mancer, or maybe she can make magic computers?"
>>
>>46424847
That's pretty vague, does she have any idea what this unique talent could manifest as? What would be required of Trish? Is she going to pull the learn humility by washing all my shit routine? When could we expect results from her training? Would this training make Trish any more visible to supernatural creatures?
>>
Writing
>>
“What makes it so unique?” You wonder aloud. Christin glances up at the ceiling, screwing her eyes up in thought.

“Hmm I’d have to explain more about how human magic works. It doesn’t manifest the same way in everyone. Wizard is term that loosely describes what we’re capable of, the fact of the matter is that every wizard’s magic is different than his contemporaries. I for example can use magic to sense things other Wizards would be clueless about, I can also control growth in non-animal organisms and some other things. These skills, or at least how I use them are unique to me. I’m not sure what it is yet, but Trisha can do things I’ve never seen before.”

>Any more questions? (Magic in general etc.)
>>
>>46425585
>When can we expect our letter from Hogwarts?

How are you going to teach Trish to use magic?
>>
>>46425585
Probably best for her to decide where to start explaining things, rather than have us asking random questions about things we don't know.

Though she seems to be beating around the bush quite a bit - what is it that Trish can actually do?

Is she REEEEAAALLY sure she doesn't want to see us transform, though?
>>
>>46425781
Second.
>>
>>46425781
Fuck it sure.
>>
>>46425781
More like, are you reeaaally sure you don't want to show off?
>>
Snarking, transforming and questioning, OH MY!

Writing.
>>
>>46425781
THIS
>>
“You’re still beating around the bush, what can she do?” You ask her frankly. Christin pauses and then giggles to herself.

“I’m so sorry, when you hear stuff old men dodge questions for decade or two you often imitate them. She can control force.”

“Force? Like Starwar-“

“No, not THAT kind of force. More like physics in a way. I’m not sure what the complete details are, but it seems as if Trisha can manipulate the forces of nature. Now I’m not sure to what degree, or for how long, but it’s there. I’ve never seen anything like it.” You both sit there kind of dumbstruck, if this was true Trish could eventually just fuck with the nature of the universe.

That’s pretty scary…

There’s something else that’s been bothering you though.

“NOW do you want me to show you what I look like?” You ask the plump wizard. She beams at you with a joy you’ve never seen outside of children.

“I would love to!”

>be theatrical

>Just do it normally, no muss no fuss

After you transform

>Keep talking about human magic (what)

>Talk about monster magic (specifics)
>>
>>46426048
>Pick up our tiny princess in a hug and rest our chin on her head, Smug grin included.
>Talk about monster magic (specifics)
Anything she can tell us about lightning based sound magic?
>>
>>46426048

>Keep talking about human magic
Start from the basics, we really don't know much.

The meeting's supposed to be about Trish! Stop stealing her thunder! Though we ought to ask her what she knows about oni later too.
>>
>>46426115
Seconding the action of this and the question of this>>46426165
>>
>>46426048
>>46426246
Seconding that array of actions/questions.
>>
>>46426048
>>Just do it normally, no muss no fuss
If we must

>Keep talking about human magic (what)
How is this training stuff going down, what kind of hours is she expected to put in, will the training take place here? When could we expect results, is she going to be training with you for years?
>>
>>46426331
Seconding this. We have a human expert on human magic right in front of us, why not take advantage?
>>
Writing.
>>
You shift into your Oni form, your clothes no longer being destroyed by the change is quite nice. The change is nearly instantaneous, one second you fit nicely into the chain and the next it’s suddenly way too small. Christin’s eyebrows shoot way up, her mouth open in excitement.

“O-oh my I knew you would be larger, but all of the other physical changes… Simply marvelous.” She says with faint awe.

Heh, damn straight you’re marvelous.

“Does that change hurt you at all? What is all of this I’m feeling now? It’s like your full magical potential was obscured by something. Interesting interesting…” She shoots off rapid fire, quickly taking out a pen and notebook. She starts scribbling furiously.

Huh

You cough politely to get her attention, but she’s oblivious to the world as she starts mumbling to herself while writing. You look to Trish who shrugs, before walking up to her and grabbing her shoulder.

“Christin, CHRISTIN! We have questions still.” Trish says, all but shaking her. She snaps out of it and her already rosy cheeks go beat red.

“I’m so sorry that was awfully rude.” She says a bit sheepishly. “I can get a little obsessive.”

“It’s fine, Amy and I still have some questions for you.”

>Refine your questions.

(Sorry about the second vote for this, but more specific questions would help me a lot.)
>>
>>46426618
>Not taking the picking up Trish part of the vote
You suck.
>>
File: 1443811925463.jpg (33 KB, 580x250) Image search: [Google]
1443811925463.jpg
33 KB, 580x250
>>46426618
>Ignoring the >Pick up our tiny princess in a hug and rest our chin on her head, Smug grin included. part of the vote.
>>
>>46426618
>post your questions about the training for the third time

no i'm good
>>
>>46426618
>Refine your questions.
Hmm. If she could simply describe how a typical wizarding education goes that should work.

And ask what she knows about oni. It's not impossible there's some obscure bit of lore we ourselves are not aware of.
>>
>>46426618
>How is this training stuff going down, what kind of hours is she expected to put in, will the training take place here? When could we expect results, is she going to be training with you for years?
How about something along these lines?
>>
>>46426618
>What are the most common misconceptions about magic?
>How long does she suppose Trish's training will take? What sort of things will she be doing? Will it interfere much with her life as it is now?
>How many other wizards are there in this city, and who are they?
>Lots of magical creatures have been acting up lately. Does she know anything about this? Is there anyone or anything we should avoid as best as we can if we ever come across them?
>What does she know about oni magic?
>Does she know there's literally another oni living, like, a neighborhood over? Has she really never met him before?
>>
>>46426657
>>46426674
I am also upset about it.
>>
>>46426712
>>46426731
>>46426741
Why even vote if the QM is just going to ignore it?
>>
>>46426845
Because QM's specifically asking for it this time around
>>
>>46426657
>>46426674
>>46426820
>>46426845
Pretty sure it's well within QM rights to ignore the cringeworthy garbage you sex-starved weebs come up with.
>>
>>46426845
Anon, c'mon. I'm displeased by not hugging Trish too, but don't be that guy.

>>46426908
You're also being a cunt.
>>
>>46426916
>but don't be that guy.
I'm going to be that guy because i was denied hug's from the QM, Everyone knows /tg/ is full of hugsluts.
>>
>>46426916
It's infinitely better to be a cunt than those losers, and we both know everything I said was 100% true. That kind of shit is what drives away players with any self respect and ultimately kills the quest.
>>
File: Totally_Not_Dio.jpg (87 KB, 800x768) Image search: [Google]
Totally_Not_Dio.jpg
87 KB, 800x768
>>46426935
Lewd
>>
File: 1384125839347.jpg (84 KB, 508x504) Image search: [Google]
1384125839347.jpg
84 KB, 508x504
kek you did it again SZ, except this time it's your fault.
>>
>>46426916
>>46426984

My point fucking proven: >>46426935
>>
>>46427000
Keep sperging, I'm sure something will come of it.
>>
>>46426741
>>Does she know there's literally another oni living, like, a neighborhood over? Has she really never met him before?

Other side of the city, and he doesn't advertise nor want anybody to advertise it.

>Gone for 20 minutes and arguments about hugging erupt

Man I love /tg/

Anyway, writing. Thanks for your patience.
>>
File: Smug animu face.jpg (51 KB, 599x506) Image search: [Google]
Smug animu face.jpg
51 KB, 599x506
>>46427000
I think you're both faggots. Everyone is stupid except me.
>>
>>46427031
Jee maybe the argument started because you ignored the majority vote?
>>
>>46426984
Not really, anon. I speak this as an anon that is quite firmly against lewds or debasing behavior at all times with everyone and a general stick in the mud, there was nothing wrong with that write-in, and we've done that kind of thing before.
>>
>>46427031
If there's not hugging I'm going to actually riot and join the bullying in Dragonblooded.
>>
>>46427067
Except Hugging only had one vote, the seconding was for another person's vote.

It wasn't the majority at all.
>>
>>46427074
I felt embarrassed for the writer of that post, the QM, and everybody else in this thread just reading that post, and for you to think there's nothing wrong with it can only mean you reside in a basement, have pizza and mountain dew delivered to you for every meal, and have approximately zero contact with human beings over a medium that isn't the internet.
>>
>>46427111
Strike...

>>46426246
This guy, was seconding >>46426115 this guy's action, which was hugging, and >>46426285 this guy was seconding that.
>>
>>46427067
One vote>>46426115
Two vote>>46426246
Three vote>>46426285
Learn to fucking read you idiot, Or don't run a quest.
>>
>>46427175
Meant to link to you>>46427111
>>
>>46427140
I feel embarrassed that someone this opinionated and sure that they and only they understand what is normal social behavior can exist. Have you even interacted with another person this decade, anon? Because it certainly doesn't seem like you have.
>>
>>46427147
>>46427175
Ah, well well well

Alrighty then,

>hug sloot
>no hug sloot

How could we go about this without any problems next time...

Try and make the votes a bit clearer, seconding is great but with all those tagged posts it must of confused me a bit.

Apologies.
>>
>>46427222
>hug sloot
Zero hesitation
>>
>>46427201
I think your computer screen is too reflective. Try actually cleaning your various bodily fluids off once in a while.
>>
>>46427222
>hug sloot
>>
>>46427222
>hug sloot

>How could we go about this without any problems next time...
Have you read the votes correctly next time instead of trying to blame the anons?
>>
>>46427246
>Implying I use a screen instead of a theater projector
Plebeian.

>>46427222
>hug sloot
>>
>>46427262
>Have you read the votes correctly next time instead of trying to blame the anons?

It was my fault. I said that, I'll own up to it. I'm just trying to prevent the same thing happening later.

No need to be hostile, honest mistakes happen.

I probably should stop playing Master of Orion in between posts.
>>
>>46427222
>no hug sloot

>>46427325
Might be a good idea
>>
>>46427222
>hug sloot
>>
Writing for real this time.
>>
>>46427325
Distractions are distracting.
But really, it's not that hard for people to copy paste whatever they're seconding to make it clear.
>>
“What does this ‘teaching’ even entail?” You ask her bluntly, you’re starting to understand her better now but you’re still somewhat leery. You pick up trish and set her down in your lap, hugging her from behind. Unlike when you usually do this she’s not hitting you, she’s just not reacting at all. You assume it’s because she’s waiting for Christin to answer.

“Well the training itself is fairly straightforward, she’ll come over here for a few hours after school and I’ll instruct her on how to use her talent proficiently.” There’s something she’s not mentioning though...

“You’re going to use her to help around here aren’t you? Free labor.” Christin just smiles and whistles innocently at your accusation.

(cont.)
>>
>>46427753
“Just consider it an initiation ritual, my master made me work in his restaurant for free.” You snort in amusement as Trish moves your arm off of her head.

“How long will this training take? Trish asks.

“A decade or more to get to my level. A lifetime to get to master, although we live a lot longer than normal people.”

“Are there real common misconceptions? I don’t want to get my hopes up and then be super disappointed.”

“Well, a lot of what you read in books is pretty false. You don’t have to shout incantations or spells for one thing. Oh you should also give up on giant fireballs and the like, those are incredibly advanced. Most masters can’t even do them, besides those are more of a sorcerer’s trick anyway.” She replies to Trish, her voice starting to take on a lecturing tone. Something tells you this isn’t the first time she’s answered questions like these.

“What do you know about Oni?” You wonder aloud, interrupting her and Trish’s discussion.

“Well I’m not super-well versed in monsters that aren’t from Europe. So really only what’s on Wikipedia.” She tells you while laughing. “It’s why I was so interested in you, I’ve never met a Wizard who’s met an Oni.” Strange, you’re starting to understand that Oni are rare, but you didn’t think they were that rare.

>Ask her if the Wizards in the city no what’s up with the fae.

>Ask her about European monsters, this may be a unique opportunity to hear from someone who knows what they’re talking about.

>Write-in?
>>
>>46427776
>Ask her about European monsters, this may be a unique opportunity to hear from someone who knows what they’re talking about.
>>
>>46427776
>Ask her if the Wizards in the city *know* what’s up with the fae.
>>
>>46427776
>>
>>46427776
>no

It begins.....
>>
>>46427776
>>
Looks like the tiny mexican girl's wisdom wins out.

Writing.
>>
>>46427776
We better still be in Oni form while hugging our princess.
>>
>>46428034
You are, you haven't changed back. The size difference is almost comical.

Also, technically she's your lord.

Not that it matters
>>
>>46428071
She will be referred to as Princess and she will like it!
>>
>>46428088
Call her hime or something, see how long before she kicks your cunt.
>>
File: 14567994610.jpg (14 KB, 500x421) Image search: [Google]
14567994610.jpg
14 KB, 500x421
>>46428181
>Implying we'd feel it or even notice it.
>>
>>46428181
>not Ojou-sama
>not Aruji-dono
>>
>>46428205
>Local Oni is fucking invincible

It's the thought that counts, not the minuscule amount of force her tiny body can put into it.

>>46428214
Either of those might have a similar reaction.
>>
>>46428241
>, not the minuscule amount of force her tiny body can put into it.
>her tiny body
.....Would her foot just go up our vag?
>>
>>46428241
Yes, but the application a minuscule amount of force to someone's erogenous zones generally has a rather different reaction from the application of a great amount of force, if you catch my meaning.

Also, >tfw not weeb enough to yell AWAKEN MY MASTER while poking our master's face to wake her up
>>
>>46428305
At some point there needs to be a fight, and Trish will throw something at us while yelling "Make my monster Grow!"
>>
>>46428287
Not answering that one...

>>46428305
Amy has never been weeb, even though she's Japanese. She's only watched a few anime with Trish.
>>
“Do the Wizards of the city have any idea what’s going on with the Fae? Titania’s silence was in memorial park the other night attacking some kid.” You ask Christin when her and Trish’s conversation hits a lull.

“Hmmm, that’s not as rare of an occurrence as you might think. The fae are devious and set in their ways, who knows what they could be up to. The members of the Circle hear don’t really have any idea what their machinations are.” She answers earnestly. Hmmm, not even the Wizards know what’s going on, that’s mildly troubling.

“Okay what do you know about European monsters then? It’s a subject that Trish and I are lacking info on.” You ask her. Her eyes light up again.

“Well what we call monsters are just beings of a non-human nature that can use magic. Although their magic is typically very different than ours. Elves, dwarves and Orcs are just humanoid “monsters”. Trolls and Ogres might also be considered humanoid, but they would probably see that as an insult. Most monsters are very rational, they just might have a different morality than us. A troll wouldn’t understand why eating someone’s cat is wrong without you telling him first. Just like how Orcs used to think that hitting was an encouragement during sex instead of expressing ‘get the fuck off me’. Like I said though most monsters from the European side of things use magic in some way, not sure about anything from America or Asia though.”

You chat and converse about magic and training for another hour. You and Trish were getting ready to leave when all of a sudden something startles Christin.

“That boy you mentioned who was accosted in the park, his surname wasn’t Butler was it?”

“It was.” As soon as the words leave your mouth Christin’s cheery demeanor vanishes.

“FUCK.” She snarls

Well Fuck
>>
And that's it! Thanks for everybody showing up at such a weird time on a different day. I would've run yesterday but work had me beat.

Thanks for everything guys, sorry about the hugging fiasco. Last time I play vidya and run at the same time.

The archive and my Twitter are in the second post of the thread, and I'll be here till the end of the thread to answer any and all questions.

Have a great night.
>>
>>46428449
Thanks for the quest SZ, and don't worry too much about a mistake here and there, you're a good QM.
>>
>>46428481
Thanks for playing anon.

I forgot to mention that I should be running on Friday next week.
>>
>>46428449
Thanks for running.
>>
>>46428639
Thanks anon
>>
>>46428513
Got here late but thanks for running SZ! Get a good rest or something.
>>
>>46429858
Thanks for showing up at all. As for rest...

Insomnia is a bitch.
Thread replies: 124
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.