[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So I assume this will turn into a torrent of hate, but what does
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 28
File: 300px-Gate_JSDF_Anime.jpg (77 KB, 300x427) Image search: [Google]
300px-Gate_JSDF_Anime.jpg
77 KB, 300x427
So I assume this will turn into a torrent of hate, but what does /tg/ think of GATE? It's basicaly "/tg/ stock thread 143", do you think they got "modern milatry in fantasy land right? By that I mean the martial interactions betwen the two worlds. I don't reall care what you thouhgt of the rest of the anime.
>>
>>46419508
/tg/ hates it. /k/ hates it too, from what I hear.
>>
>>46419508
fun idea but serves as a Nationalist power fantasy that fails to act on the most interesting part of the scenario. Namely the crazy as fuck political problems that would pop up between every power on our world and theirs.
>>
I really don't hate GATE that much. My main gripe with it it's that they make a fun idea really boring.

Why not make the Empire have a bunch of wizards to make the conflict more balanced and have a full operator moment when the nips try to kill those wizards?

Or more repercussion on the modern world about a transdimensional gate that connects with another world.

Hell, an international taskforce, each country with their own agendas, entering the GATE could add a bit more conflict and spice things up.
>>
Gate is Japanese nationalism propaganda.
It's trying to rekindle something lost on this generation of fat lazy weak otakus.
It isn't meant to do anything but use the generic fantasy setup and waifu bait shit as a hook to make the viewers think Japan and Japanese military is awesome.
>>
>>46419789
I thought that myself about magic. It was probaly thew only major threat presented by fantasy land and it is also a world-veiw altering discovery. However it is pretty much brushed off as a really minor thing of no significant consequence.
>>
>>46419633
>>46419661
>>46420155
You need to let it go, Bros. You can't go to a Michael Bay or Marvel movie without getting a giant American flag pushed into your face, let Japan have this one.
>>
>>46420401
It's not about "letting Japan have this one", it's the way went at it the thing that bothers people.

Japan defending itself from interdimensional fantasy-themed enemies? Fine. Cool. Very interesting.
Japan counterattacking a sovereign territory, which is a war crime, even if that place is not recognized by basically anyone? Not cool, but not pitchfork and torches worthy.
Japan telling Russia, China and ITS OWN ALLIES to fuck off? You've gone too far.
>>
>>46420612
>Japan telling Russia, China and ITS OWN ALLIES to fuck off? You've gone too far.

butthurt clapistanis are fucking hilarious.

>IT'S ONLY OK WHEN WE DO IT
>>
>>46420401

I don't actually care about it. Good for Gate if it ignites something within otakus or whatever.
>>
>>46420612
>Japan telling Russia, China and ITS OWN ALLIES to fuck off? You've gone too far.

That's not the problem in itself, it's more the fact that this is shown to have virtually no significant consequences for Japan, political or otherwise.
>>
>>46419789
>Hell, an international taskforce, each country with their own agendas, entering the GATE could add a bit more conflict and spice things up.

Eh, it would probably just turn into a shitty excuse to show the Japanese army in a positive light compared to those "evil" westerners.

It would literally just be clips of American troops murdering magical babies.
>>
>>46421475
Yeah, but would add a bit more drama and conflict on the modern side
>>
>>46419508
I liked it, but i wished they had aproached it in a more serious and coherent way.

An event like this one would start WW3 by itself, but in the show basically nothing happens on this side of the gate.
Yeah, i know, some political bullshit here and there, a squad of assassins, etc. Not nearly close enough of what would happen in real life.

To all of you shitting on how they stroked their own dicks with this show, you are basically idiots.
Do you realice how much they could have shitted on all of you if they wanted?
>GATE opens
>America of course says it belongs to them because FUCK YOU
>they attack Japan and basically murder and rape everyone like they always do
>japanese population takes refuge inside the gate
>gate nations decide to help them
>dragons and magical nukes and inmortal death priests lolis everywhere
>Earth gets curbstomped, magic starts to flow into our world, becomes an extension of the GATE world

You would do better thanking the gods they did not carry the story this way.
You whinny cunts.
>>
File: fishy-chan knows your bait.png (91 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
fishy-chan knows your bait.png
91 KB, 800x600
>>46421688
>>
>>46421341
They have gone through 3 prime ministers so far. The whole Gate situation has been plitiical suicide for the higher ups
>>
Would be better if the !not roman empire wasn't so horribly outgunned in this situation.

There is no tension when Japan has to "negotiate" with anyone, at any time they can just send in the helicopters and carpet bomb anyone that is a threat to them And the plot has to contrive reasons why suddenly, not sending troops over a border to kill a dragon when they have no problem sending troops to intimidate another kingdom by deposititng said dragon's head on it's capital is possible.

Would be better if they went the Stargate Atlantis route. Trap the JSDF on the fantasy side of the gate and force them to deal with limited munitions and spare parts for their vehicles. That ways not pissing off the locals would be the main conflict since an organized resistance against them would result in their eventual demise through lack of resources.

And get rid of Itami, he's bland and lucking his way into a harem. never a good combination.
>>
>>46419508
The concept's neat. It's been a long time since we got this kind of story. Where a technologically advance race comes along and WINS against the vastly more primitive race. Off hand, I can only think of A Connecticut Yankee in King Arthur's Court and its various representations on tv. Or maybe a few Star Trek episodes where they dealt with primitive colonies.

I disagree when people say it's ONLY about nationalistic power fantasy because that's just taking one superficial aspect and focusing on it to the point of absurdity.

The thought process of the primitives against the more enlightened advance aliens is also fun to see.

But despite my praise for the concept, truth is, it has its ups and downs. It's not a very consistent series, although I'd say there are more ups than downs, particularly in the beginning. Anime's meh, they took out all the bite.
>>
>>46421796
Please, Japan goes through prime ministers at that rate in the real world.
>>
>>46420612
Japan counterattacking a sovereign territory, which is a war crime...

just in what way is invading a hostile nation that just attacked your country without a declaration of war a war-crime???
>>
>>46422131
Doesn't part of that old WW2 surrender agreement include invading other people's lands? Pretty sure that's a big part of it. Their armed forces are for defense only, it's right there in the name.
>>
>>46422224
In the post-World-War-II era, the UN Charter prohibits signatory countries from engaging in war except: 1) as a means of defending themselves - or an ally where treaty obligations require it - against aggression; 2) unless the UN as a body has given prior approval to the operation. The UN also reserves the right to ask member nations to intervene against non-signatory countries that embark on wars of aggression
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Casus_belli
>>
>>46422224
to keep it short and sweet, armed conflict is a no-no, unless A the other side started it, or B the UN says its ok to do so,

if A happens then B will surely follow
>>
>>46419508
It had a neat idea and then dragged it down by being a bog-standard harem anime.

I can't even disparage it for its Superior Nippon dickwaving, every country deserves to thump its chest every now and again, though the idea of the JSDF outclassing China, Russia, or the U.S. militaries is laughable.
>>
I was waiting for a GATE thread to happen.

Ahem.

The GATE opens up in the United States right before Vietnam gets started, so we aren't at war with Vietnam. Either way, a war is a war, right? So we go to war with the people over in GATE-Land.

Basically, what I'm seeing... is Platoon, Apocalypse Now, and Full Metal Jacket, but instead of fighting the Viet Cong, it's against fantasy soldiers and shit.

>tfw we see villages getting helicopter attacked while ride of the valkyries is broadcasted through speakers...

>tfw we see marines marching through the night singing the Mickey Mouse Club March...

>tfw we see the Imperial Commanders discuss the nature of their enemy over a pot helmet with the words Born to Kill written on it.

Maybe it's just me...
>>
>>46421868
It may be possible to go that way anyways. In the retelling of the creation story gate-side, the gate opens once every X years, implying that it closes after a while since it is always the gate at Alnus.
JSDF gon get trapped.
>>
>>46421868
>Would be better if they went the Stargate Atlantis route. Trap the JSDF on the fantasy side of the gate and force them to deal with limited munitions and spare parts for their vehicles. That ways not pissing off the locals would be the main conflict since an organized resistance against them would result in their eventual demise through lack of resources.
That would be worth watching.
>>
>>46422224
Early on this is specifically addressed and the PM at the time says that since the gate is on Japanese soil, everything inside/through it is part of Japan, thus all JSDF activity in gateland is domestic operations.
>>
>>46422703
In that case it just goes back to the ridiculousness of Japan being allowed to get away with these things considering their position on the world stage.
>>
>>46422611
A war isn't just a war. You're ignoring the wider context of why Vietnam happened.

I agree I would like to see a more in-depth look at the effects of the Gate, much in the way that Vietnam movies look at the wider effects of the war.
>>
>>46422755
>why Vietnam happened
de Gaulle wanted to quit NATO which would have gutted Europe's defensive line against Russia

US intervened in Vietnam on behalf of France

France quits NATO anyway
>>
>>46420401
Its not even good if you ignore the nationalism. Its just harem anime shit. Everyone who thinks its enjoyable should probably be killed for the good of humanity.
>>
File: img000022.jpg (681 KB, 1440x2150) Image search: [Google]
img000022.jpg
681 KB, 1440x2150
>>46419633
It's good for a giggle every so often, but otherwise it's just boring.
>>
>>46422816
Every time I see this page I get mad.
>>
>>46422611
flash forwards to present day , gate CONFLICT veterans still angry that it was not classified as a war,, because the whole not losing a war thing,,, soviets got AKs and RPGs to the imperials and all that,,, hippies chanting bring our boys home,,,

hmmm Rambo now is a ex-POW that survived the arena gladiator,
>>
File: img000017.jpg (818 KB, 1440x2150) Image search: [Google]
img000017.jpg
818 KB, 1440x2150
>>46422857
Well, what can you do?

>>46422611
There's this one webnovel where gates to a fantasy world open in both the US and the USSR, during the Cold War.
I can't read moon runes, though, and translating it was much too tedious.
>>
>>46421868
>And the plot has to contrive reasons why suddenly, not sending troops over a border to kill a dragon when they have no problem sending troops to intimidate another kingdom by deposititng said dragon's head on it's capital is possible.
Just to nitpick, in the anime atleast, it wasn't the Japs that stuck the dragons head on a stick outside the Empires door but a bunch of elves.

>>46422380
Doesn't an army rampaging into a city count as A?
>>
>>46423003
>but a bunch of elves
How did they manage that?

>>46422912
>Well, what can you do?
Stay mad. I'm pretty ambivalent towards Gate but man is that a stupid line and an even dumber line of reasoning.

>>46422661
I think if the author wanted to go that route he would have done it earlier. IF it happens now the only thing that could threaten the JSDF is Harley or whatever the name of the god that has the hots for the Ruri is.
>>
>>46423083
I believe later on in the novel the JSDF does get trapped gate-side.
>>
>>46423003
my point being that the UN will not bitch about any annexing that might happen in the defense of your sovereign nation if you were invaded first, by a non-UN nation, that attacked your capital, without declaring war first, and killed a large amount of civvies, and dragged away a bunch more as slaves,,,, need a go on??
>>
>>46419508
Frankly, I've been really enjoying it. It's one of my current favorites on Crunchyroll. And yeah, I like the martial and political interactions of the different worlds/cultures. I particularly like that the Special Region is not monolithic.
>>
>>46423083
If the JSDF gets cut off, the first thing they'd run out of is fuel for the aircraft and tanks, then ammuniton for the larger guns.
Forced into resource conservation, they should theoretically be much more hesitant to engage, and downright reluctant to use air support. Air support they seem to lean heavily on (italica, big dragon fights, airdrop on the capitol)
>>
>>46423117
Ah I see. I kind of assumed that but couldn't quiet tell

.>>46423083
I think the elves dragged the dragon head on carts. It didn't really go into details.
>>
Dont care that its nationalistic
Dont care that it is t realistic to other countries

My problem with the Gate anime is that it was not fun at all.
I read the manga and was a decent fan of it
They made all the designs from the manga and light novel and repainted with an over concentration of moe garbage

They pg-13'd everything. The nudity, the brutal fighting scenes, the blood and gore.
They took put the drinking scene before the attack on the hotspring too.
Fuck the garbage anime
>>
>>46422861
Mi gusta.

But in all seriousness... I think that'd be something else.

Because then you can show the progression as war against the Imperials go from War is Fun to ... you know... War is Hell.

Also US troops introduce rock an roll, because it can't be Vietnam without a kicking 60s soundtrack!
>>
>>46422912
The real problem with that scene is when special operations forces from different countries bump into each other, they don't just open up on everyone else screaming "DROP DEAD YANKEE", because that's how you create an International Incident, and nobody on any side wants those.
>>
Oh!

Yeah, this is the manga that has the Vice-Prime Minister ask if Japan could do anything as horrible as what the Americans did to Native Indians, or the Spanish to the Mexicans, right?

And it's like: You mean again, right? Can Japan do anything like that... again.
>>
>>46423473
this Is exactly what I thought of the manga to anime divide, kiddifying stuff generally is not a good idea, anyone knows WHY the pg13, upper management thought it would reach a wider audience? jap censure laws being a bitch again ??
>>
>>46423687
Nanjing two?
>>
File: 1450828078217.png (46 KB, 229x220) Image search: [Google]
1450828078217.png
46 KB, 229x220
>>46423687
GATE would be significantly improved by Japan getting bombed.
>>
>>46423840
Thta's all the world needs, innit?

The Rape of Don King 2: Electric Boogaloo
>>
>>46419508
My immersion was shattered when I heard the JSDF was good at something
>>
Honestly people severely underestimate the leverage a country would have if the gate "spawned" in their own territory.
Territorial sovereignty is THE most "sacred" principle in the current international system.
>>
>>46424608
You really think that if a gate to a whole other world opened in Japan that the rest of the world wouldn't be breathing down their necks hard? There's no way Japan would be allowed to monopolize it no matter how sacred said principles are, because it would destabilize the entire world power balance.
>>
>>46423687
>Didn't you guys literally rape an entire city once?
>>
>>46424650
Maybe, but they wouldn't allow China or Russia to waltz in Willy nilly.

Just like the show/manga stated, the US is an ally and we'd have an in as just their supplier.
>>
>>46424691
Yeah but the UN would be the one sending people in, not just Japan. A GATE spawning in any UN allied country would mean that some joint taskforce would be sent in. Not just to reclaim kidnapped citizens, but for scientific research and cultural analysis.

No way on earth would Japan be the only one's allowed through regardless of where the GATE spawned.
>>
>>46424608
Japan is a little special because of how well entrenched the USA is there. Other countries could possibly be kept at bay, but not uncle sam.

If a gate opened elsewhere, things would be more interesting.
>>
>>46419508

No, because they decided they'd make it a fucking harem show.

>>46420401

That's not the issue. The issue is that this potentially good setting is wasted on the fact that the MC is a boring nobody that makes the dude from SaO look like he has character, and that takes up more screen time than the JIDF fighting dragons; and not only that, but none of the political consequences of the MC's retarded party are ever given any consequences.
>>
>>46423687
What? Anyone got a cap of that?
>>
>>46419508
I'll just say my favourite episodes were the ones focused on the side characters. Either than that they could've done it a lot better I. E I'm pretty sure humans weren't stupid enough that they didn't know how to ambush back in the romantic empire days. As far as I can remeber, the worst we saw was a soldier getting hit with an arrow in the leg. If it were moderately real and the empire actually started guerilla fighting like the anime said, there would've been some casualties on the nips side, they should've atleast made a note of that in the anime. Either than that the magic in the universe if fucking stupid and passes me off for some reason, same with Immortal death priest loli. She was fine but when she started dodging bullets and surviving bullets to her head and shit I got so mad I skipped the rest of the episode and dropped it till the second season. Yeah Yeah my opinion is worth shit on the Internet but this comes from a /k/ommando and a fa/tg/uy if it helps at all
>>
File: 1408488311510.jpg (26 KB, 398x353) Image search: [Google]
1408488311510.jpg
26 KB, 398x353
>>46422315
>>
>>46419508
I really like the concept, but they wait until way too late to add intrigue from other Earth nations. Still it could make a really good GURPS campaign or something.
>>
>>46423557
Regarding that, I still don't get what the point of kidnapping Rory and the others was. Did they want their loli/elf waifus that badly?
>>
>>46424650
They would be, if Japan played its cards right.

They US wouldn't be able to force Japan to give them access if they put their foot down.
The US wouldn't declare war on Japan over this, not without a perfect excuse for both the public opinion and their other allies.
But they still wouldn't let China or Russia invade Japan and gain access to the gate.
>>
Hey at least it wasn't as bad as that one show where they show the Japanese version of a teenage god nuking some S. Korean city thus killing millions yea?

...actually its pretty up there as well.
>>
>>46427050
>...actually its pretty up there as well.
How the fuck does that even compare to the JSDF showing off to faggots with medieval morals in fantasy land?
>>
>>46420401
Michael Bay American military wanking has some form of basis since they're literally the biggest and arguably the best military in the world. Japan barely has a military and what little they have is heavily dependent on America.
>>
>>46420612
>Japan counterattacking a sovereign territory, which is a war crime, even if that place is not recognized by basically anyone? Not cool, but not pitchfork and torches worthy.
This wouldn't be an issue IRL. The government on the other side of the gate would almost certainly be deemed an illegitimate, backwards military dictatorship by the US and its allies.
>>
>>46427484
Neither of those militaries are competing against other militaries, the comparison is worthless.

Wanking that your military can beat fantasy-land empire and wanking that it can beat giant robots is all the fucking same, it's a FANTASY
>>
>>46427565
Fucking this.

The worst part about this series is Itami's Gary Stu ass. He's a wish-fulfillment otaku character of the worst kind.
>>
>>46426234
iirc the other countries wanted to kidnap them for leverage to gain access to the world beyond the gate.

All those untapped resources and whatnot.
>>
>>46427484
Not the biggest, only the best (and even then I'm sure some people would contest that point)
>>
File: dlKYm6s.png (432 KB, 1444x2080) Image search: [Google]
dlKYm6s.png
432 KB, 1444x2080
>>46425357
here
>>
>>46427631
Technically China has a larger military based on the number of troops they have but America is by and far the most powerful military in the world.
>>
>>46427633
>Japan denying war crimes
Why is anyone surprised?
>>
>>46427669
That's what I said.
>>
>>46427633
They've gone through what the people of Texas are going through.
http://www.nytimes.com/2015/10/22/opinion/how-texas-teaches-history.html?_r=0
>>
>>46427684
no one is surprised, but that doesn't make it any less silly

Bayonet girl is what sets me off, though.
>>
>>46423003
The fuck you talking about? In the anime you see the head being transported by helicopter.
>>
>>46427684
We're not surprised, just disappointed. We're starting to see the effects of a generation of Japanese kids who have been taught that WWII was basically just a small border scuffle to defend their territory until the US nuked them unprovoked.
>>
>>46421688
I would actually be more interested in seeing that.
>>
>>46422703
Which would be IMMEDIATELY countered in the world court and Japan would bring in US advisors anyway, because people in Japan and SK actually like us
>>
>>46428117
And why is that a bad thing? The modern Japanese person has nothing to do with Imperial Japan during World War II.
>>
>>46428265
>why is the censorship of history a bad thing?
Holy shit, are you fucking serious?!
>>
>>46428265
>why is ignorance bad, guys
>>
>>46427565
There is a scene where in Japanese special forces engage, simultaneously, American, Chinese, and Russian special forces units. The JSDF inflicts heavy casualties while taking none. The foreign special forces say something to the effect of, "WHAT!? The Japanese have access to GUNS!? We're so incredibly fucked! Get on the com to the President and tell him to get his blackmail on quick or we're all gonna die!"
And the Japanese commanders say something to the effect of: "These racially inferior gaijin barely know how to fucking lace up their boots, they have no business engaging in SpecOps against us."

And then, like 10 minutes later, the tomboyish soldier in the harem can barely contain her wet vagina when she finds out that Itami received Ranger training.
>>
>>46419508
We've had this discussion many times before.
Basically, /tg/ would LOVE it if it weren't all Japan-Wank. I mean seriously, the Japanese military fights off Russians AND Americans. No one can beat the US military in a straight up fight.
>>
>>46428265
Because those who do not learn history are doomed to repeat it.
>>
>>46428265
Because China and Korea still remember, and get pissed when the Japanese go Truther on the shit they did.
>>
>>46428304
>>46428296
>>46428339
>>46428344

The US glosses over its history too and you don't see people in other countries getting butthurt about it.
>>
>>46428361
>you don't see people in other countries getting butthurt about it
Yes you do.
>>
>>46428339
Even when people learn history, they still repeat it.
You can't explain stupid to stupid.
>>
>>46428361
There's a difference between glossing over and straight up ignoring. Also US history books (unless you're in Texas) usually mention the bad shit we did.

Japan has successfully convinced a portion of their population that WWII was a defensive war with the US as the aggressor.
>>
>>46428265
Are you fucking kidding me? Imperial Japan was a horrible, expansionist, war crime addicted regime, who's entire culture was based off the idea that death was a superior alternative to defeat. What they did and why NEEDS to be remembered, or else less will happen again.
>>
>>46428331
Amerifag here, I wouldn't put it that smugly but the fact there's no greater repercussions is silly
>>
>>46428361
>The US glosses over its history too and you don't see people in other countries getting butthurt about it.
People in the US get butthurt about it. Look up the recent Texas case where some family flipped their shit because a book called slaves "workers". Book company issued stickers to fix it, changed the next print.

People don't like that shit here, yo.
>>
>>46428501
>being this butt hurt over stupid shit instead of fixing the current corrupt US
The people just are even more blind to the things right in front of them.
>>
>>46428508
>The people just are even more blind to the things right in front of them.
It doesn't help that every news network in the country contributes to the problem.
>>
>>46428508
Rewriting history is pretty serious though. Calling a slave a worker is ignoring centuries of US history.

"We fought the Civil War over farmhands" doesn't really make sense.
>>
>>46428544
We fought the civil war for a lot of reasons, Texas is shit but unfortunately the north has wholesale rewritten some things to make itself look blameless, and I say this as a Yankee fag

History is a set of lies everyone agrees on - Napoleon

That being said, that's why it's so important we try to accurately and subjectively remember history. Cause there are still wars being fought over this shit
>>
>>46428587
>Cause there are still wars being fought over this shit
There are?
>>
>>46428602
Middle East is basically one never ending conflict stemming back to shit that happened hundreds of years ago sometimes, though more frequently because of the post ww2 period
>>
>>46428650
A lot of the MEs problems stem from the British drawing the most retarded borders around the end of the 19th century that stuck a whole bunch of feuding ethnic groups into the same countries and basically made brutal military dictatorships the only viable form of government.

And that's before Israel really stirred up the hornet's nest.
>>
>>46428406
launched the attacks during peace talks no less. I'm so happy that the collective anger at that didn't result in us ripping up the Cherry blossoms in DC. Those things are fucking gorgeous.
>>
>>46428692
Ethnic groups feuding over shit that happened centuries ago, but yeah
>>
>>46428587
Yeah the Civil War had lots of reasons, but most of them were economical at their root. Slavery was just the most visible reason for it.
>>
>>46422816

I like that the panel afterwards is just a squad of operators staring at the reader with expressions of cynicism and world-weariness.
>>
>>46428738
So we need another civil war to fix the economy?
>>
>>46428692
The British in general really

Pakistan and India, China and Hong Kong, South Africa
>>
>>46428755
No, just another revolution

Murder a few senators and crucify them, you'll get ethics reform real quick
>>
>>46428767
Hey, Hong Kong works great when China isn't fucking around with it. Too bad Hong Kong is part.of China now and fucked
>>
>>46428767
south africa was the dutch, but w/e
>>
>>46428736
Well yeah, but everybody does that. I mean British and French haven't fought each other for like 300 years or so and they still sling shit.
>>
>>46428723
>launched the attacks during peace talks no less
Ok, let's be totally fair here. That was an accident. They had PLANNED on declaring war the morning of the attack, a few hours before it. But there was a delay in communications. The ambassador was very regretful that the declaration didn't make it until after the attack. If I remember right he ended up committing suicide?
>>
>>46428792
South Africa as in Sub-Saharan Africa not the country

(muh zimbabwe)
>>
>>46428587
Why even have state issued books?
>>
File: royalscots1890.jpg (133 KB, 518x476) Image search: [Google]
royalscots1890.jpg
133 KB, 518x476
>>46428767
Hey not everybody can handle style like this
>>
>>46428792
Yeah, they super fucked the Congo. Like horrifically.
>>46428796
Yes but when they do it today it's good natured EY FUCK YOU LIMEY FUCK YOU TOO CHEESE WHEEL SEE YOU ON THE FUTBALL PITCH

Not durka durka boom
>>
>>46428844
Because we have state issued schools. You want something different then be prepared to pony up the dough/time for private or home schooling.
>>
>>46428856
So what you're saying is we just need more football fields in the Middle East?

>The ISIS Fatwahs vs the Jordanian Jihadis.
>>
>>46428825
>zimbabwe

Mugabe and all his ass pals deserves a slow and painful death.
>>
>>46428844
The US govt tries to offload everything it can to state govts. In general this is a good idea because it cuts down on beauocracy, States handle their own business and the Fed handles things that affects the country on the whole. Unfortunately, the world has changed since 1775 and education, among other things like infrastructure, is a matter of fucking national importance that needs to be held to nationalized standards.

The US was unfortunately founded as a motley alliance of high minded firebrands, Intellectuals, drunken rednecks, and people just looking for work. And it persists like that, to this day, less cooperating and more stumbling blindly around, fighting over who gets what and whose beliefs matter
>>
>>46428915
>The US was unfortunately founded as a motley alliance of high minded firebrands, Intellectuals, drunken rednecks, and people just looking for work. And it persists like that, to this day, less cooperating and more stumbling blindly around, fighting over who gets what and whose beliefs matter
How do you fix this
>>
>>46428985
You don't, because this is (so far) the only way humanity has found that allows fifty different countries ("states") to operate as one nation without near constant rebellion
>>
>>46428319
Fuck are you talking about?

Is this about that scene where the loli kills them?
She's not JSDF stop making shit up.
>>
>>46428985
You don't, that's how the country was always intended to work. You don't like how things work in state A, you go live in state B.
>>
>>46429018
but before them, the nip operators plug some chingchongs and ivans and burgers at a 1:0 k:d ratio
>>
>>46428985
It's not a bug it's a feature
>>
>>46429016
Is rebellion really an issue nowadays? People have shown they can barely do much before being put down. They won't last a year.
>>
>>46429241
And the American special forces didn't brings NVGs, to a night time battle, that they knew would be happening at night. Also you get dialogue like "American special forces are who you call when no one better is available." Really? The same American special forces that train yours?
>>
>>46428814
you cant say "Oops" and accidentally the war.

the ships were launched and on their way during the conference. What would history say about the Japanese if we had decided to remove the embargo? They were throwing a hissy fit and were drunk on "Glorious Nippon" because the US was holding back industrial supplies because they were murdering innocent civilians wholesale in china.

No matter what way you look at it the attack on PH was a dirty knife in the back to a country that up to that point still considered itself a close friend.
>>
>>46429270
we have (relatively) bloodless coups every four years anon. that's what an election is.
>>
>>46429034
>that's how the country was always intended to work
This country is truly stupid. Generally this is the point where you reform everything as it's considered broken.
>>
>>46429241
they weren't US soldirs. they were operators, the "Disavowed if you die" kind. I think the cover story was they were a paintball or air-soft league that took matters into their own hands or something. Gate has some fun chuckle worthy moments in it.
>>
>>46429018
Before the loli goes on that particular murderspree, she's in the house, getting wet because souls of those killed in battle nearby pass through her on the way to the afterlife.

People are getting killed in battle nearby because the JSDF is popping the other special forces so hard that they don't even realize there are third and fourth parties.
>>
>>46419508
I think it's a great anime. And every single reason it's being called terrible in this thread is what I fucking love about it. It's a 2 seasons of japan taking a victory lap around middle earth with a dumbass harem plot, slacker jesus for an mc and hot bitches with animal ears left and right.

I love this shit I don't give a fuck.
>>
>>46427616
yeah they wanted to tap something, i'm sure
>>
>>46428856
The belgians could use a bit of the bloodlust they had when they owned the Congo. Molenbeek needs to be a crater.
>>
>>46429412
Not broken if it was designed to work that way, it's functioning as intended. I'd rather the feds not have too much power, and if you were a real American you'd feel the same way.
>>
>>46429467
>"I didn't think Japanese SOGs were this good. I was in Force Recon and I can't touch them."
Actual quote from an American Special Forces Agent in GATE.
(2:20)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kuU_kwWizsU
>>
>>46420401

I find hilarious that in almost every capeshit or transformer movie there is a moment where someone will say or do something to fanwank the america flag.

In Hancock was that news lady saying this immortal all powerful being will not make america fear him, as if a godlike being would care a single fuck what a bunch of mud eating apes have to say about him.

In transformers they basically said to this bunch of immortal godlike robots that they can only do it the american way, because those godlike robots would never fly to China or Russia and tell america to fuck itself.

In man of steel that general trashtalked world destroying aliens because "muh american pride".

Look, I like having pride in the american flag as much as anyone, but don't be so fucking retarded about it, there is a point when a character goes from a strong patriotic soldier to dumb retard willing to be torn to pieces by angry gods over a fucking piece of moth food.
>>
>>46429388
That's not the way that they look at it. They were invited by Chinese officials to help benevolently stabilize that country, while America was blockading and starving their people, but they still attempted diplomatic negotiation, and only because of a minor clerical error did that "accident" occur.
>>
>>46428905
Honestly, things would be great if was so simple.
>>
>>46429573
>In transformers they basically said to this bunch of immortal godlike robots that they can only do it the american way, because those godlike robots would never fly to China or Russia and tell america to fuck itself.
To be fair, we saw how that worked out for them in the third movie. America was just always a corrupt place.
>>
>>46420401
And those movies typically suck on so many levels. Also, for same reason war movies (with few exceptions that usually go beyond the war itself) almost always suck regardless of the country who made them. Problem is that propaganda can't be interesting because it's propaganda. If the whole premise is "XXX fuck yeah" how can it be expected to be anything else than boring power fantasy?
>>
>>46429573
Thing is, people do call out the bullshit 'murica oorah wank in media. I'm not really sure why we aren't allowed to also point it out when other nations do it.

Especially when it's attached to a shitty chinese cartoon.
>>
>>46429523
So only 5 guys had the common sense to shoot the loli with the giant halberd that's killing everyone regardless of nationality?
>>
>>46429573
They've been doing a lot of Chinese wanking too in American films since they're Hollywood's second largest market. Lots of bigname Chinese actors have been getting bit parts in Blockbuster movies and there's a ton of Chinese product placement now.
>>
>>46429512
What does it mean for feds to have too much power
>>
>>46429662
It means you live in Best Korea
>>
>>46429573
>In Hancock was that news lady saying this immortal all powerful being will not make america fear him, as if a godlike being would care a single fuck what a bunch of mud eating apes have to say about him.
The setting was America, so yeah.

>In transformers they basically said to this bunch of immortal godlike robots that they can only do it the american way, because those godlike robots would never fly to China or Russia and tell america to fuck itself.
What?
There were transformers all over the world though.

>In man of steel that general trashtalked world destroying aliens because "muh american pride".
He was American-born and has the American pride ingrained in him. It's inevitable, all American soldiers do that.
>>
>>46429654
To be fair, she was one of the VIPs they were supposed to kidnap.
>>
>>46429696
Well, that's not too bad at all then.
>>
File: north-korea-is-best-korea.jpg (83 KB, 680x500) Image search: [Google]
north-korea-is-best-korea.jpg
83 KB, 680x500
>>46429769
Of course not, it's the best after all
>>
>>46429743
She killed like 4 guys and then proceeded to just dance through the group killing anyone else she pleased. In what world do you just ignore a clear threat even if she's on your "to kidnap list" nobody decided that self defense was an option and that maybe the other targets would also suffice?
>>
>>46429855
In Earth, you follow you orders, or you're going to have no home to go back to.
>>
>>46429855
She's an immortal goddess of death. it's been a while so I've forgotten if she actually got hit or if she just superspeed killed them all but don't think it had anything to do with them trying not to kill her. They had no chance at all, even if she does get shot she would just think it's hot because death and violence turn her on and she literally can't die.

Retarded yes, but not in the way you're thinking.
>>
>>46429855

Getting two out of three targets probably would have been fine, and pinning the death of the third on the Japanese would have been good diplomacy.

However, they did shoot her, and did hit her plenty. But she's a 900 year old demigod with regeneration powers on par with Wolverine.
>>
>>46429855
I can't remember if this happened in the show or not, but I remember in the manga she got shot, and her body pushed the bullets out and healed itself because she just has deitific powers that are beyond what others can handle.
>>
>>46420612
>Japan counterattacking a sovereign territory, which is a war crime

No it isn't.
>>
File: 4945498-5200837183-judge.jpg (173 KB, 774x1032) Image search: [Google]
4945498-5200837183-judge.jpg
173 KB, 774x1032
GATE would be greatly improved by the GATE opening in Mega-City One.
>>
>>46429987
Grud knows that's probably happened in 2000AD before.

But pretty much any shitty harem anime could be improved by shoving it into a mega-city.
>>
File: 1455649993881.gif (925 KB, 212x176) Image search: [Google]
1455649993881.gif
925 KB, 212x176
>>46429918
>>46429925
This is why Japanese story telling is such a turn off for me.
>>
>>46430041
It happens in any fantasy setting that meets the modern shitters.
>>
File: 1443812129117.gif (2 MB, 220x165) Image search: [Google]
1443812129117.gif
2 MB, 220x165
>>46430052
Even before then, project a-ko was such a letdown, I thought I was getting space battles, but no, I got an alien princess, a girl that looks like a roided black man, and a ridiculously complex scheme for a girl to get into a-ko's friend's skirt.

I can't do it anymore. It drives me to drink.
>>
>>46430107
... where did you get the idea that Project A-Ko was anything other than a parody?
>>
>>46429896
I understand orders but I also understand human survival instincts. More people should have shot at her on the basis of her coming after them with a weapon. I can believe that each nation would view the other as a threat to their operation and mutual cooperation isn't something that can happen at the drop of a hat. I can believe that a firefight between each group would still prioritize taking out the human combatants and not the demigod. I can't believe that soldiers would be willing to take a loss on one of 3 valuable targets when one is taking lives wholesale.

It's poorly written at best because in both the manga and anime the soldiers just shoot at each other and ignore Rory entirely for the most part. And only the American troops get any characterization which is "Things are FUBAR, Don't take your eyes off the enemy!" Before they die. Any attempt at just showing why not focusing on Rory would alleviate this but there is none.

>>46429918
>>46429925
Her regeneration isn't something the foreign forces should know about though. That wasn't in any public reports if I remember correctly. So them not trying to put up any resistance to her still makes no sense. At least give us the Hellsing scene where they plug her with bullets and she just laughs it off before resuming the slaughter. And she's fast for sure but not fast enough to just instakill everyone there. She takes her time and just uses her halberd as a shield. and in the manga she's not doing all those spin moves, she just holds it in front of her.

>>46429952
That happens after the fight, and again. The foreign operatives didn't know that.
>>
>>46430017
Where is this thread? I think I'd like it.
>>
Nippon stronk

Other countries weak and piggu disgusting
>>
>>46430133
It was in the BFG general.
>>
>>46430145
The scene happened in like 2 minutes tops. She jumped out and started slaughtering them, there was nothing they could do. They tried shooting her and it didn't work, and every second it wasn't working more of them were dying.

on top of that, it wasn't a battalion of men in an open field, it was three squads, from three different countries, all attempting to be completely stealthy. It's not that "hurr durr they were following suicide orders" it's that the gameplan was to sneak in and kidnap 3 people, then in the next split second, there is an invulnerable woman with a halberd chopping her way through your squad at superspeed, shrugging off bullets and laughing.

They've established that even when there IS a battalion of men ready to face her, they lose, how could a small squad possibly react in time to do anything other than panic or shoot, both of which they did?

What are you even arguing? What point are you trying to make because it sounds like you're disagreeing without any actual position at all?
>>
>>46430145
>and in the manga she's not doing all those spin moves, she just holds it in front of her.
Thank god anime adds worthless flourishes to this shit, because what you said sounds even more boring.

Yeah, the ops don't know. (Calling it a Japanese wankfest is half-right, because) Earlier in the anime, they shit all over the Japanese politicians. During this, Rory lets it slip that she's more than 9 centuries old. That could have been a clue to the people putting the ops together that maybe they don't have all the intel they need. Sure, you could say they ignored it as an exaggeration, but there's also an elf and a mage at the same diet.
>>
>>46430212
You were severely mislead. Don't blame the japs for some anon misleading you.
>>
>>46430237
>>46430249
This idea was handled poorly.
>>
>>46430279
It happens too often anon, too many magical girls, too many characters who are 'special', too much 'if I yell load enough I get stronger', just too much.
>>
>>46430237
I'm not sure you read my post. I acknowledge that the three factions have no believable reason to fully cooperate. And the firefight happens while Rory is attacking. I get why they try to kill each other.

>What are you even arguing?
I'm curious as to why in the midst of an impromptu firefight nobody stops to shoot the chick with the Halberd. It's clear she's a threat. It's clear she'll kill anyone who get's in her way. And in teh context of the story none of them should know she's got a wolverine healing factor. So nobody has an excuse for trying to not kill her except maybe "she's a VIP".

It's a matter of presentation and execution. It's short fight but these are still trained soldiers and they do still take precautions like dodging into cover and avoiding gunfire. So it's not a lack of training stopping them from putting a shot or two in her direction while maintaining cover. It's writing. Would you ignore a tank if it just smashed it's way onto your urban skirmish?

>>46430249
I agree, it's a doomed operation from the start and all the parties at be take what little information they have too lightly. I don't know exactly how to fix this through writing but I feel it would take just showing the soldiers talking about how they think the op will go and how they think taking the targets will be easy or something like that. Instead id opens with the Japanese taking everyone out and then focusing on the American's wanking off the JSDF for their superior tactics.
>>
>>46430249
>Yeah, the ops don't know. (Calling it a Japanese wankfest is half-right, because) Earlier in the anime, they shit all over the Japanese politicians.
It is JSDF wankery and prowar nationalistic wankery, not just Japanho.
>During this, Rory lets it slip that she's more than 9 centuries old. That could have been a clue to the people putting the ops together that maybe they don't have all the intel they need. Sure, you could say they ignored it as an exaggeration, but there's also an elf and a mage at the same diet.
That they never saw any evidence of aside from ears. Expecting them to assume she is some unkillable demigod is a huge leap of logic from she is very old and looks like a kid. She never said bullets won't kill me.
>>
>>46430281
>>46430435

For what it's worth, I much prefer Drifters. Characters are plucked from throughout various time periods of Earth and dropped into a fantasy world with elves, dwarves, dragons, orcs, ogres, goblins,kobolds, giants, and other monsters.

Lead protag is a Batshit Samurai who joins up with a trap archer, Oda Nobunaga, Hanibal, Scipio Africanus, Butch Cassidy, a batshit WWII kamekaze pilot, and more.
Their task? Whip together these fantasy assholes before Jesus kills everyone. No, seriously.
Post-crucifixion Jesus leads a faction of monsters, (aided by figures including but not limited to a continuously half-burning pyrokineticist Joan of Arc) to eradicate all human life on the planet.

Fun times include: Killing a bunch of crusader-knights and then shitting on their corpses to make gunpowder, overthrowing Hitler's former anti-elf/dwarf empire, and watching Nobunaga get a hard on for planes, machineguns, and scrying spheres that allow radio-instant communication.

Drawn in the same heavy ink style by the same guy that did Hellsing.

Soon to be an anime, I hope to fuck. This is what Warriors Orochi wishes it was.
>>
>>46430546
>Soon to be an anime
>I hope to fuck.
You got my hopes up and dashed them quite expertly, bravo.
>>
>>46419508
I think they did, But I also enjoy it which seems to be a fucking sin around here.
>>
>>46430546
You make this sound far better than it actually is. The protag is terrible.

Love the premise, but the same is true of GATE
>>
>>46430576
If it makes you feel better, it IS being done, I just hope to fuck it's soon. Hellsing Ultimate took years to start and years to finish.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D6Bs_522x5w
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FoT1lVGiDhU
>>
>>46430621
It's better than GATE.
>>
>>46428744
How else are a pack of murders on contract supposed to look, anon. Cause according to GATE thats what the american army amounts to.
>>
File: 010.png (913 KB, 847x1200) Image search: [Google]
010.png
913 KB, 847x1200
>>46430621
I don't think he's that bad. Although I read it for the other characters like Nobunaga or Hannibal.
>>
>>46430435
Okay, curing your curiosity is simple then. They did try to shoot her. It didn't work at all. They didn't ignore her, they got ambushed, tried shooting, and were killed before any kind of actual plan could be made.
Your example of a tank smashing in is quite apt actually because small arms fire isn't going to do shit to a tank, so yes, tactically you aren't going to bother putting a shot or two into it because it's a waste of time. The only difference is that this invulnerable super tank looked like a girl and they didn't know guns were useless.

The thing you're arguing about is pretty much the only thing that you even COULD be wrong about. Of all the stupid ridiculous things in the anime you instead made up something that didn't happen.

Also, the japanese didn't do anything in that firefight at all, in fact the whole point was that the America had political leverage on them, and forced the jsdf to back the fuck down and just let them have their way, it was only running into the other teams, and then the superhuman demigod of death that stopped them.
>>
>>46430608
I enjoy it but it isn't well done at all imo, it is way too much japan superior bs, and ignores the whole social aspect of what they are doing would bring, the empire is losing a war so decisively that they have lost far too many soldiers, but they always have more soldiers, you don't see scenes of villages full of women, children and the elderly that have a predisposition for hating japan because their fathers/husbands/sons died fighting them.
It doesn't look at the situation in a mature light at all, that doesn't make it bad but it sure lowers the quality.
Also it would be more interesting if/when the gate shuts and traps the JSDF there, forcing them to actually meet with locals as equals and find ways to replenishing/supplement their supplies, having to downgrade to more primitive weapons. Giving the possibility for locals to catch up and learn to use firearms.
And with the number of people the JSDF has killed they should be absolutely feared and vilified, imagine if you sent 100,000 soldiers and most of them did not come home, that is a massive loss for a roman era society, also with the new numbers they have to draw up, and with them doing scorched earth, which has never come up again aside from being ordered, the empire should be seeing food shortages, manpower shortages, and in general have a very unstable bottom class. But we never see these things. That is why well it is entertaining it isn't what I would call good, or amazing, or well done.
>>
>>46429662
Just fuck my freedoms and liberties, Sempacalypse.
>>
>>46430703
>They did try to shoot her.
Once in the manga (which is my main point of reference) and a couple more guys in the anime. Nitpicking now but In the anime after rory wastes 5 guys and throws a gun at a soldier his partner immediately opens fire on another nations soldiers instead of Rory? Why do that? Nobody was shooting yet and he starts a firefight with the wrong threat.

And while you wouldn't shoot a tank you don't ignore it. Which was my point. Nobody reacts to Rory's presence despite how obvious she outside of the very beginning and the very end.

What don't you get about this?

>the japanese didn't do anything in that firefight at all
At the hotsrping. They were still killing the troops in the surrounding forest. How else did they know that there were black troops on the field?
>>
Gates is just an exercise in nationalistic wish fulfillment by a hopeless inept otaku.

>>Japan so stronk! Versus a bunch of pre-industrial scrubs.
>>Obvious Harem is obvious harem
>>Deus ex Machina does not make a good story
>> Ignoring the fact that Japan is de facto an American proxy
>> The Japanese fan-wanking is too damn high
>> Ignoring the amount of shit that could have went into world-building
>> What the fuck happened to magic!?

In short, this is just a wasted highy unrealistic premise. Move on, nothing to see here
>>
>>46425575
its 1146x189 large, not large enough for you?
>>
>>46429470
It's ok to like things that are retarded anon, you just have to admit it's shit in the first place.
>>
>>46430650
>a pack of murders on contract
Not just GATE

t. non-American
>>
>>46430650
>army
They're supposed to be CIA SAD; nothing to do with DOD.
>>
Gate is terrible.
>Yeah what if we had a modern army invade a world where there are no guns and no other way of fighting modern technology

I don't know how anyone can stand the boredom of nothing interesting happening for the entire show.

>action anime with shitty action and no tension
>harem anime with shitty waifus
>fantasy anime with nothing fantastical

it truly fails on every level.
>>
File: fucking dropped.png (954 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
fucking dropped.png
954 KB, 1920x1080
>>46429470
Honestly, I watch it for the same reason.
But sometimes, they get things wrong.
And it makes me inordinately upset.
>>
>>46428331
>Basically, /tg/ would LOVE it if it weren't all Japan-Wank

I wish this meme would die
gate is bad because it has bad writing, no tension, illogical plotlines, is a harem anime, bad action scenes, and, by the way, it also has japan wank

It's like bayshit movies, they're not bad because american wank, they're bad because they're bad, and also contain american wank.

The most pathetic thing is fans of this series defending it by pointing out bayshit.
>BUT YOU MAKE SHITTY MOVIES TOO
is not a very good excuse for liking a shitty series.
>>
>>46431331
What I wouldn't give for a gate to have opened in someplace like Russia too, so they could pull an Operation Cyclone of their own and shitflood the place with AKs and Strelas
>>
>>46431372
I think the point here is that Bayshit and Gate are made for the wank, so this results in bad writing, no tension, illogical plotlines, is a harem anime, bad action scenes etc.
>>
>>46431415
but anon, Ernst Jünger's kraut wank actually is well-written despite being what it is.
>>
>>46421868

>And get rid of Itami, he's bland and lucking his way into a harem. never a good combination.

I haven't seen GATE, but between people saying they took a cool idea and underutilized it, and this, it sounds a lot like Knights of Sidonia.
>>
>>46419508
See, /tg/ and /k/ hates it. But if it was only nationalistic thingys that it wouldn't be so bad. Shit, I mean look at american sniper, things like this exist, why not japan?
The problem is iften these stories doesn't make sense. There are tules on how the world operates, and this somehow manages to break almost everything. Oh, and inaccurate depictions of how the modern army owrks (inlcuding the JSDF themselves), and-
Fuck, there's so much things done wrong, I don't want to bother. Just search it up, some site's got to have organized it or something.
>>
File: SO+UK[1].png (2 MB, 1600x820) Image search: [Google]
SO+UK[1].png
2 MB, 1600x820
Shadow Ops by Myke Cole reads like gate done right.

First of all magical gates appear everywhere. So it is not only glorious freedomland victoriously bringing freedom and coke to fantasyland but also russians not giving fucks, indians being ruled by nagas, japanese building their own gensokyo with magical girls and sentai teams.

Second of all locals steal our weapons and armour and use it more or less effectively but most of all rely on long rang magic (series takes place decade or so after first contact so they had some time to train with it but not enough to be decent).
From their point of view they are living in an undead invasion horror story with us having broken out of hell to invade heaven we have been denied

Third of all Humans get magic allowing us to fight on equal standing with all the horrorterrors from the other side.

And last of all no harem, heroes that are while dicks and making stupid mistakes those mistakes are understandable, in-character and they spend time trying to make up for them.

Story is supposed to be early days of Shadowrun with 80s future replaced by 00's present and X-men
>>
>>46419508
I... I like it.

Its a small show, a pass time, a small distraction from the usual problems in this world. The auther made it clear when it only showed some small parts of the modern world and then cutted them before they could develop.

This is more like a power fantasy of a more advanced civilization crushing all the usual bulshit you find in other works of magicvstech when both sides are more balanced. Our modern technology smashing dragons, resisting their flames and tearing up their arms with only a fraction of destruction modern technology can deliver. So its not about a dark situation of struggle filled with action like zipang, but rather and mostly an adventure sustained by decades of history and human development over these people who thought they could conquier everything.

Its like a walk in the part, doing tourism with some small bumps here and there hunting dragons, killing armies in seconds and basically making everyone bow to how fucking superior you are over the rest of the world. If you dont care about the nationalistic bullshit here or there, or the needlessly added female characters, it can become quite entertaining if you like these kind of things.

Just read it like its a safari; sit back and enjoy the world that is being show to you while you know that you can just burn it by rising a little your finger if you don't like something in it.
>>
>>46429573
The American military will shell out funding for those mindless action movies if the directors suck them off enough
>>
It took the interesting premise of "Modern vs Fantasy" and turned it into a nationalist powerwank self insert harem.
It's shit.
>>
File: image.png (775 KB, 717x797) Image search: [Google]
image.png
775 KB, 717x797
To much moe
Not enough operating and political intrigue
>>
>>46431837
Late as fuck but I'll vouch for Sidonia simply because its setting and particular oddities tend to make up for the more cliche parts of it.

At least it kinda plays up the idea that Tanikaze really is only good at fighting, and all the political shit going on that's farther reaching is completely over his head, if he even knows about it to begin with.
>>
File: image.png (8 KB, 243x309) Image search: [Google]
image.png
8 KB, 243x309
>nationalism is bad

When will this effeminate leftist meme die?
>>
>>46429388

Chinese which later betrayed American interests outright, massacred those innocent civilians anyway, and are now a major threat to the world political scene.
>>
>>46432446
Shameless wanking is bad, you retard, and we will call out shit no matter where it comes from. Eclipse Phase is just as shitty as Gate.
>>
>>46432518
>Eclipse Phase is just as shitty as Gate.

Now this isa comparison that I want to know about
>>
>>46432584
EP is a leftist fanwanking about muh social justice, muh ebil capitalism and muh ebil nationalism set a few centuries into the post-apocalyptical machine uprising future.
>>
>>46432067
OK, Anon, answer this.

You clearly turn off your brain to watch this. Anyone can do that.

So why did you watch this over any other shows airing at the time that you could have also turned your brain off for?
>>
>>46432446
When the effeminate leftists die
>>
>>46428908
Mugabe is trying to get white rhodesians to return to Zimbabwe because the Chinese are fucking up on Africa worse then white people have.
>>
>>46428915
I'm sorry that we're just like the EU except that we work.
>>
>>46432446
well , in a globalized world , too much nationalism causes ugly problems.

there is the kind of nationalism that is all about >we have to think about our own well-being as a state.
this one is a working concept , if kept politicly instead of merely idealistic

then there is
>we are the bestest!
which conflicts heavily with reality , especially when being seen as birthright. the Nazies , as an extreme example, started a war out of delusion and lost it for the same reason.
>>
>>46432640

I like power fantasies about tech vs magic, in fact I also kinda like cthulhutech with all the narrative clusterfuck.

I simply prefer having the tech vs magic theme without the usual overpowering shit magic usually has(that only show the ignorance of the author in the matter).
>>
>>46432909
>lost it for the same reason.
They probably could have won if Hitler hadn't been a retard who, among other things, held off on attacking Britain because he thought he could get them to ally themselves with Nazi Germany.
>>
>>46430312
>just too much.
Try another fucking genre.

Jesus Christ, you're literally complaining that all anime of a specific genre have the same elements. It's like complaining that too many Rom-Coms end with the two main characters getting together... that's the appeal to its audience.

There are plenty of anime that don't have much of that. Try early Gundam, where it feels like mecha anime written by GRR Martin. Or maybe Beserk, where the special characters are essentially doomed to ironic suffering for the entirety of the series.
>>
>>46432949
I'd say sending most of his army into Russia instead of tying up the west first was the bigger problem.
>>46432955
Newtypes.
>>
>>46432949
right

he lost because he was overestimating his "masterrace" and their place in the world, and because he was delusional in regard of politics
>>
>>46432992
Really, he should have actually listened to the experienced military leaders like Doenitz.
>>
>>46432634

Yes aaand no.

Althought in the manuals you see that there is a clear anarchist wanking in the message you have to take into account that the authors made it igual like it was written by pro-anarchists, you can clearly see it in rimward when the writter is a mutualist instead of the usual argonaut or anarchistor titanian.

This is just a way to present the game and set you in how to interpret this world from a firewall anarchist viewpoint. This is why people is asking for manuals written from the viewpoint of an ozhma agent or a Jovian officer, not for weigthing views but rather to expand the game in this way of writting manuals.

althought, the comparaison is still quite weak. THe anticapitalist theme is optional and more like substittued by adding a new economic system so even if it was really there is simply more interesting. The social justice theme is also optional and the only way it can be compared to today ideas of SJWisms, is by the ego-morph dilemma but then it becomes more of a side effect of this dillemma, does it matter what race am I or sex if I can literally change it if I want? There is also religion in the mix but very reduced, but since EP is so compartimentalized you can do with these things anything you want and it would still be EP.
>>
>>46432446
It's not just the nationalism that makes gate so bad, it's got multiple problems along with being nationalistic, and you're just nitpicking. American sniper did it with MURRIK and that's equally bad in quality.
>>
>>46433037
Also not having Rommel executed probably would have been a good idea.
>>
File: 1450963506546.png (995 KB, 900x837) Image search: [Google]
1450963506546.png
995 KB, 900x837
>>46419508
I was disappointing in it.

When the protagonists/good guy nation can immediately wipe their antagonists into the dust with little effort placed into it(Outgun their opponents, out numbers their opponents, out logistics their opponents, out tactics their opponents and so forth), then that's kind of boring. And that's not adding the god of moe war and the political conspiracy placed into it, of which I have not entered deeper in the anime/manga because of how boring that introduction to the two were clashed.The bloody police platoon beat an invading army, no shit their military fucked with what was left.

If instead they were a simple military base that got sucked into the fantasy world and had to survive and be frugal with their ammunition and fuel, that would've been cool because it forces the man into a primal state through eventual digression and constant siege would eventually run the supreme military guys down. But that's my opinion.

This anime was clearly a nationalistic wank off.
>>
>>46429586
The fact that the way they look at it is completely divorced from reality is, in fact, the main problem here.
>>
File: CREEEEED!!!.jpg (47 KB, 481x313) Image search: [Google]
CREEEEED!!!.jpg
47 KB, 481x313
>>46433718
>I was disappointing in it
>implying you had a cameo in the animu
>>
File: 1280.jpg (479 KB, 1280x866) Image search: [Google]
1280.jpg
479 KB, 1280x866
>>46419508
>instead of modern Japan invading a fantasy world, it's 1980's Soviet Union a la Afghanistan

How much of a better idea is this?
>>
>>46430529
>It is JSDF wankery and prowar nationalistic wankery

It's not pro-war, though. The premise is that, if the Japanese wanted to go to war with the Fake Romans, they would crush them almost instantly. They don't want to go to war, though, which is why they're trying to talk about peace... it's the Fake Romans that want war.

I mean, it's still wankery, but it's not pro-war at all. If anything, it's about how those with immense power have a responsibility to try to settle conflicts without making war at all.

They just make sure to throw in scenes where they're forced to fight anyway so the military fanboys can still get their rocks off.
>>
GATE is wasted potential.

They could have made a very political series with the repercussions of a gate opening to a new world.

They could have made an adventure series with modern people discovering a new world.

They could have made a strategic military series with powerful magic going against modern military.

Instead they made a very average slice of life anime.

Not ot mention that the fantasy worldbuilding was basic as fuck.
>>
>>46434313
Then it was just be Mujaheedeen: Imperial Edition.
CIA provides the Imperial Loyalists with Stingers, by some contrived reason
>>
>>46434392
"But my comrades! Why do you do this?!"
"They gave us like 20lbs of gold per stinger and rights to land they don't want cause its barren but is rich in minerals and oil in an unclaimed territory. Seriously, they actually threw it at us. But hey you wanna, i dunno...give us gold too, we'll give you the countermeasures to the stingers they got."
>>
File: Vlag_van_Twente.gif (4 KB, 320x213) Image search: [Google]
Vlag_van_Twente.gif
4 KB, 320x213
Well, why don't y'all start writing and do better? You don't have to give up your day job, just an hour a day and you too can get a lucrative Hollywood deal.
>>
>>46421688
Why would i thank the gods that they didn't make an interesting show?
>>
>>46434547
So it turns out Atlantis was a real thing but phases from dimension to dimension every 2000 years or so and has made its round trip, popping up 80 miles west southwest off azores and is about 800 years ahead of modern tech consistently each time it reappears. It now has to deal with being a moderately sized island nation with mind boggling technology to the "primitives" of this dimension while also now being cut off from the extensive tradelines that were its lifeblood it established in its last place of residence while those it was relying on here have long since died and been forgotten.
We're going to focus on the political and social impact such an event would make and see how that kind of tech being introduced would affect the world as a whole.
>>
File: [DEEP CONCERN INTENSIFIES].gif (106 KB, 512x512) Image search: [Google]
[DEEP CONCERN INTENSIFIES].gif
106 KB, 512x512
>>46434537
Jew-neralDynamicsrubbinghands.webm
>tfw the entire Empire was robbed of their potential fuel reserves because EWW STRANGES MAGICAL AIR DO NOT TOUCH
>>
>>46434922
About that.
>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Santorini
>>
>>46429302
That is an overstatement, the units cross train; burgers are there to lean from nips as much as they're there to train. Same happens with every NATO country, SAS and SFOD-D for example are very closely knit but it doesn't mean clapistanians are holding the bongs' hands.
>>
>>46434346
I imagine it's really hard to sell a show (especially in a visual medium) which is entirely about diplomacy.
>>
>>46432446
>Being this attached to your bullshit made up club that you call a "nation"
>Being anything other than a cuck

pick one
>>
>>46435068
Understandably an explanation was needed for an advanced civilization simply disappearing and that was merely the best remaining puzzle piece that for well enough.
I like the idea of volcanism though and shall have to address the issue of a 3/4 the size of australia landmass suddenly bearing weight on or dangerously close to where three previously unburdened continental plates are converging and diverging.
>>
>>46435308
That fit* well enough.
Damn you autocorrect.
>>
>>46432955
>Wanting to read/watch anything write by GRR Martin. Ever.
>>
>>46435948
I agree. Bitch must have gone trough a million characters by now, it's impossible to connect to anyone when they'll die in 10 minutes.
>>
>>46422912
how the heck did I not notice the artists gave the American a kel-tec shotgun until now? this scene is always getting argued over, i should have noticed this sooner.
>>
Did anyone read Destroyermen? It's about an American WW2 destroyer ending up in a technologically undeveloped alternate world.
>>
>>46423421
it's actually in the manga, they lifted it with a helicoptor and relied on an elven mage to keep the sound quiet.
>>
>>46422315
That's because /tg/ had a succession of bad mods for years.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9rczPbCnQr8
>>
>>46432928
It is impossible to show ignorance about magic, since magic is entirely made up and every time a fictional work features magic, the author is essentially creating it from the ground up.
The only ignorance would be of other fictional works that also feature magic.
>>
>>46436385
Well, now I feel like starting up my copy of Red Alert 2.
>>
>>46436493
Do it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fnd0qg4I_MM
"Is it done, Yuri?"
"No, Camarade Premier, it has only begun."
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 28

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.