[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Lost Island Quest 41
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 141
Thread images: 8
File: The Island 1.jpg (20 KB, 300x223) Image search: [Google]
The Island 1.jpg
20 KB, 300x223
Welcome to The Lost Island Quest. Last thread our hero, Alan Rodain, found out some important information, dumped a cursed object off on a friend and went drinking with his friends. Now, he meets a potentially dangerous individual.

http://pastebin.com/W5vqnRBU (Character Sheet)
http://pastebin.com/3LPDLd9u (NPCs)

http://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive.html?tags=lost+island
>>
File: Dart.jpg (40 KB, 372x576) Image search: [Google]
Dart.jpg
40 KB, 372x576
Gabby critically inspects her sole volunteer with the eyes of a disapproving employer.

“Eh, no offense honey,” Gabby explains, “But I'm sorta looking for warriors, not prostitutes.”

Rowe leans over to Gabby and begins to whisper. “Gabby! That's the –”

“Unless you have some sort of fucking people to death powers or something,” Gabby continues.

“Gabby, she's one of –”

“Which, personally, I would love to see if that's actually your shtick.”

“GABBY!” Rowe yells.

“What?” Gabby turns around to face her, annoyed.

“That's her! The laughing rogue I saw.”

“I thought you said they wouldn't be here until tomorrow?” Gabby asks, more confused and curious than alarmed.

Rowe shrugs in a quasi-panic-stricken state. “I was wrong, I guess. She must have followed me somehow!”

“Dart!?” A new voice rings throughout the bar. Your collective group of heads swivel towards Bartom, the plump pie-maker, as he comes forth from the crowd to address your mystery woman with an air of recognition.

“Hey there Bartom,” she responds, giving him a little half-wave.

You take a second to peer at the faces in the bar. Your spectacle has drawn most of the patrons' attention and plenty of them are staring at Dart wide-eyed and surprised.

“Y-y-you're alive,” Bartom states, dumbfounded.

Dart stares at him, mockingly quizzical. “Was I supposed to be dead?”

“You've been gone for awhile. We assumed the worst.”

“No, you assumed I was dead,” Dart corrects, flashing him a pearly white smile.

>Say something? (write-in)
>Keep listening
>>
>>46416510
>>Keep listening
>>
also, what was your April fool's prank going to be?
>>
>>46416697
A thread from Muffin's point of view.

Writing!
>>
“So,” Dart starts, turning to Gabby. “I hear a few assholes are showing up tomorrow morning. Well, my crew should be arriving in a few hours and I'm sure they'd be willing to lend a hand.”

Bartom gulps nervously. “Irontide?”

Dart turns to him. “The one and only! Along with the rest of the gang. It's been . . . what, a year now? Great to be back, I can tell you that. Looks like this joint got renovated. I like the new stools.”

As if to give physical embodiment to her point she bounces in her seat a bit. “I see we have some fresh faces!” She gestures to your group with both arms outstretched. “Sitting in our spot too. It's great to see Blackburn can keep pumping out replacement parts as needed." She drops her amrs and leans around to get a good look at Rowe. "Good thing I didn't kill the peeping Tom like Irontide ordered me to. That would have been an awkward situation.” She giggles.

Gabby clenches her fists.

(Cunt.)

>Say something? (write-in)
>Keep waiting
>>
>>46417314
>>Say something? (write-in)

Grab a hold of gabby by the wrist and shake your head.

"Bartom, would you like to introduce us?"

to dart "So who do you work for? Blackburn?"
>>
>>46417314
also, "Who's Irontide?"
>>
>>46417314
>Say something?
"So, a year, huh? Interesting. Would you like to play a game of darts?"
Begin watching Dart and turn our Assimilation up to max, try to get as much as we can from her.
>>
Writing!
>>
Dialogue is hard sometimes.
>>
You grab Gabby by the wrist. She looks back at you and you tell her with your eyes to keep her head. She rips her arm from your grasp, but sits down, perhaps simmering a bit. Or maybe she's just directing some of her rage towards you now. Either way, that step was successful at stopping unnecessary violence.

You look to Bartom. “So, would you care to introduce us Bartom?” you ask pleasantly.

Bartom snaps out of whatever mental wheels he was turning in his head to look at you. “O-oh yes, um, I guess you wouldn't know. Dart here was – is a member of the first delving group that Blackburn assembled. They were the best.”

“Are,” Dart corrects.

“Were.” Gabby counters, grabbing another drink. Dart's eyes narrow as she and Gabby stare each other down.

“So you work for Blackburn?” you ask to deflect.

Dart looks to you and smiles. “Technically we're all working for the good of Ceril, but yes. Blackburn was handing out the gold and the missions. We got sidetracked though.”

“You must have been pretty shit at the job to get lost for a whole fucking year,” Gabby comments in a failed attempt to be passive aggressive. It just comes off as aggressive.

“Irontide doesn't like to sit on his ass drinking all the time,” Dart fires back.

“Who's Irontide?” you ask as you grab Gabby by the knee under the table to prevent her from lunging.

“He's our intrepid leader!” Dart exclaims enthusiastically. “Wonderful man. I'm sure we'll all get along as famously as we are right now.”

“I'm sure we will,” you say as dread seeps into the back of your mind. “So, a year, huh? Interesting. You must have some stories to tell. Why don't we chat over a game of darts? I assume you're good, considering the name.”

She giggles again. “What are the stakes? Game's got to be interesting if we're going to play?”

>Stakes? (write-in)
>What do you want to talk about while you play? (write-in)
>>
>>46418264
>>Stakes? (write-in)
>>What do you want to talk about while you play? (write-in)
the stakes are questions that we ask one another. Winner asks, loser answers.
>>
our questions should be elucidate who is in her group, and what they've been doing for the past year.
>>
>>46418264
>Stakes
Platinum pieces.
Ask her what kept her group from making contact for a whole year.
>>
>>46418327
>>46418356
you know what? never mind, let's go with this idea>>46418362
>>
>>46418432
>>46418362

Do you have a number in mind?

you can bet up to 1,600 platinum pieces.
>>
>>46418477
maybe wager 200? Is that a considerable amount?
>>
>>46418477
In a longer game of darts, would it be possible for someone to beat us as we can just copy their skill at darts?
>>
>>46418524
Well you've done it before, but always a chance you'll be off even if you're great at darts.

You have drunk some alcohol while you are unaware of Dart's sobriety, so she may be more on point right now.

>>46418499
yes, betting 2000 gold on a single game of darts would be a very large pot.

It sends a message however.

>Bet 200 platinum pieces
>Bet questions (every winning round gets you a question)
>Bet something else? (write-in)

Also, a few more specific questions if you have them.
>>
>>46418477
Let's start at opening bids of 10.
Every miss adds 5.
And to actually make it interesting, do it blind-folded and each success means downing a mug.

The point isn't to win, it's to see Dart in action to assimilate as much of her as we can.
>>
>>46418633
>>Bet 200 platinum pieces
>>Bet questions (every winning round gets you a question)
how about... we bet money first. If we win, we can also offer an alternative, which is to answer some questions we'd like answered.
>>
>>46418633
>Bet 10 Platinum
What kept Dart's group from Seaside?
What brought them back?
Did they encounter the Master's minions?
>>
>>46418633
>Bet questions
Oh God do not bet that much money with someone literally named after the game!
>>
>>46418264
Strip darts
>>
>>46418662
Dart is a high-level rogue with more levels than us.
On top of that, she hasn't drunk alcohol yet, unlike us.
Alan is more likely to lose at Darts than the rogue named after the game.
>>
>>46418690
I second this.
>>
>>46418726
perhaps we could use this to our advantage. I think she's gauging us. Let's try and act out the drunk, make what appear to be ill advised decisions, and at the same time, we examine her through the game. However, instead of us asking, maybe we should have Rowe do it for us.
>>
>>46418795
I'm not sure I follow the logic there. Just play darts and ask questions, its not really a big deal.
>>
Alright, well it's sort of a three-way tie.

So

>Bet one question a round
>Bet one article of clothing a round
>Bet 100 gold a round (10 platinum)
>All three at once maximum risk
>>
>>46418848
>>
>>46418848
>>
>>46418848
>>
>>46418848
>>
>>46418848
ok, compromise, alternate between money and questions per round.
>>
Alright roll me 2d100, best of 3.

First is at +27.

Second is at +40.
>>
Rolled 41, 19 = 60 (2d100)

>>46419027
>>
Rolled 28, 54 = 82 (2d100)

>>46419027
>>
Rolled 34, 17 = 51 (2d100)

>>46419027
come on! baby needs a new pair of shoes!
>>
Writing baby!

Prepare yourselves.
>>
>>46419089
my body is not ready
>>
You lean on your back foot and take a moment to think. “How about . . . ten platinum a round and a question that has to be answered honestly by the loser.”

Dart taps her lip for a second with her glove before shrugging. “Alright. I'll take free stuff.”

She gets up from her seat and the two of you move towards where the dart board is. For how packed this place is, people sure make a wide berth and clear the gaming area when you come by. Eyes everywhere are on you and a few individuals have left the bar, most likely anticipating Gabby doing something everybody will regret.

As the person who issued the challenge it's courtesy that you go first. You pick up a throwing dart and take your thrower's stance. You take a deep breath and then chuck.

Shit, it's a bit off the center mark. Not your best throw. Dart scoffs in a manner that suggests she's trying to hide it from you but is theatrical enough to purposefully inform you how pathetic she found that attempt. Your gut sinks a bit.

Dart steps up and she casually tosses hers, like she isn't paying much attention. It doesn't quite hit the bulls eye exactly, but it's obviously closer than your own.

“Well I'd like to say that was the easiest 100 gold I've ever made. But sadly, it wasn't.” She puts her chin in her hand. “Now I have to think up a good question.”

She stands there, letting you wait in agony as she ponders on what to ask. You have a feeling she made her decision almost immediately and is purposely keeping you on edge.

“Ah!” she says suddenly. “Tell me, in your opinion, what would you say is Gabby's most cherished possession?”'

She asks it loudly enough for Gabby to hear even if she wasn't straining her ears to overhear this entire interaction. You see Gabby bristle.

>I'm not answering that
>Tell her the truth
>Lie (write-in)
>Something else? (write-in)
>>
>>46419445
>Lie (write-in)
Strength
>>
>>46419445
>>Something else? (write-in)
I actually can't remember.
>>
>>46419480
Probably the dogs. Maybe the gloves
>>
>>46419445
>Tell her the truth
A deal's a deal.
Even if we know that Dart is going to murder one of those puppies tonight.

This is what we get for trying to get answers from someone who's better at darts than us because they're higher level.
>>
>>46419520
>A deal's a deal.

Now you have to suck on her nipples.

/v/ memes, I apologize
>>
>>46419473
>>46419445
Going with this.

>>46419520
Yeah no. I don't care if she catches us in the lie or she lies to us.
>>
>>46419445
>>I'm not answering that
we said we'd answer a question truthfully, we didn't say that it would be just any question, though.
>>
>>46419544
You're only going to make the situation worse.
>>
>>46419587
I'm not sacrificing our friendship with one of our party members for the 'situation'. Fuck this bitch.
>>
>>46419601
Then maybe you shouldn't have created this situation in the first place.
>>
>>46419445
>I'm not answering that
>>
>>46419445
just have her pick another question. like, one pertaining to us, rather than our friends.
>>
>>46419618
Waiiiiiit. Masochistic anon? I haven't seen you in forever! How have you been man?
>>
All right, I'm not answering that and 'strength' are tying. Going to combine those options.

Writing!
>>
“Strength,” you respond coldly.

Dart rolls her eyes and then look at you like you failed at being clever. “Really? If you're not willing to play then why suggest the game.”

“I'm not answering that,” you tell her flatly. “Make it about me rather than my friends.”

“Fine,” she sighs out. “Then what's YOUR most cherished possession?” '

Muffin really hopes you don't say it's him.

>Not answering that either
>Tell her the truth (write-in)
>Lie (write-in)
Something else? (write-in)

AND

>Play another round? (Y/N)
>>
>>46419986
>>Tell her the truth (write-in)
out keepsake of Toby.
>>
>>46419986
also,

No more rounds, unless we're only playing for money.
>>
>>46419986
>Tell her the truth
Toby's marble.
>Play another round: N
>>
Writing!
>>
You pull out the cracked glass marble from your pocket and show it to her. She takes a second to stare down at it before looking back up at you, incredulous.

“Is this another cop out?” she asks.

“Nope. This is a keepsake of a dear friend of mine and a reminder of something important in my life. This is truly my most cherished possession.”

“Sentimental value,” Dart muses to herself. “The perfect anti-theft device. Well, Al, it was wonderful meeting you and taking your money. But unless you'd like to dodge more uncomfortable questions, I need to talk with the man in charge.” She gives you a wink.

You give her her winnings and she strolls out of The Sword and Shield Tavern, whistling merrily the whole way.

You walk back to your table, dejected. Rowe rubs your arm as you sit down.

“It was a nice try,” she comforts.

“Please,” Gabby mutters. “That woman just fucked your boyfriend in front of you, the least you could do is get pissed.”

“Actually Gabby,” Rowe responds, “I think pissing us off was what she was trying to accomplish. And thankfully no one did anything stupid like hit her in the face multiple times because they were drunk and angry.”

“Whatever. Fuck Dart and fuck her whole crew. I just met her and I wish they were dead again.”

Ed leans forward from where he's been quietly sitting for most of the evening. “Maybe you should ignore them?” he offers as a question in a failed attempt to not earn himself a glare from Gabby.

>Let's ignore them
>Let's engage them
>Let's investigate (Bartom, Blackburn)
>>
>>46420704
>Let's investigate (Bartom)
Any ideas of killing them will have to be put off until after we're appropriately leveled.
We have no defenses against Cloudkill and whatever other spell that their wizard has, let alone any way to kill Dart given her much higher level and abilities.
>>
>>46420704
don't engage, but don't ignore either. investigate and see if they pose a threat.
>>
>>46420704
>>46420765

>>Let's investigate (Bartom, Blackburn)
is there anyone else who would know about these people that we can ask?
>>
Writing!
>>
>>46420704
offer to spar with Gabby to let her vent her anger.
>>
You come to a conclusion. “I think we need to not be in the dark on who these people are. We need to find out some information.”

“I have an idea,” Eve pipes up. “Why don't I challenge their beserker, who happens to be named Muscles, to a lifting competition?”

You sigh out.

“It's alright, Alan,” Eve continues. “I still think you're cute.”

“Bartom!” you shout, to distance yourself from the sniggering coming from your casters. Bartom hurries over from the table he was sitting at.

“Yes?” he asks, still somewhat discombobulated from recent events.

“Dart. Irontide. The rest of them. Who were these people? I think I read a bit about them in Hildebrandt's book, but other than general remarks about them being famous and powerful, it didn't say much.”

“Oh, well, I guess the simplest way to put it is that they filled the role you fill now. They were the heroes that kept Seaside safe. Although, they definitely had their issues. In all honesty, I much prefer your antics to theirs.”

“They certainly don't play grab ass with the serving girls as often,” your waitress offers as she picks up a few of Gabby's empty mugs. “Well, most of you.”

She glares at Gabby who shrugs.

“So, Dart,” Bartom begins, “is the lovely woman you all just met. Rumor has it – and this is good rumor – that she was an assassin back on The Mainland. Didn't cause much trouble in Seaside. Every once in a while a body was found stashed somewhere with a slit throat, but the case was always that the corpse belonged to a POS that deserved it. She's the only woman in Irontide's crew and considering some of them, that's saying a lot.”

“Then there's Kroll. Kroll's a beserker, like Gale, only to Kroll it seems much more of a lifestyle than a power. Seaside didn't used to have prostitutes. Then Kroll complained to Blackburn one day that he wanted pussy and Blackburn provided. Granted, Kroll's done a lot for this town."
>>
He's killed a lot of scary things looking to eat this place alive, so the town overlooked his courtship methods. Again, women don't say no to Kroll for a variety of reasons, most of which are positive. But, uh, I'd advise not going near him when he's drunk. This goes for men too. We have a few cripples in town because they ended up in a bar brawl with Kroll over petty reasons.”

“Then there's Ferrek. He's a cleric of some who-gives-a-shit god. He's creepy and quiet and never caused much trouble. He sucks the life force out of people.”

“Then there's Azdor. Powerful wizard of the Circle.” Quissonce's ears perk up.

“Really?” she asks. “Azdor is a part of this group?”

“Yeah,” Bartom affirms. “You probably know more about him than I do. Then there's Predipus. Goblin alchemist. He's half-crazy and quite disturbing. He concocts magical explosives and has a reputation for not focusing much on his aim.”

“Then there's Ashe. Fights with a staff, into martial arts. He's the good apple of the bunch. Upstanding, does the right thing, keeps the group's antics in check and is their moral compass. Without him, I'd be a lot more concerned about Irontide's crew.”

“And of course, there's the man himself. You all know Betsy, right? Sergeant of the guard? Betsy's said before that Irontide was a stubborn bastard. Let that sink in. He's a solid mass of angry, irritable dwarf in a suit of metal armor. And he's their leader.”

And they're all showing up later tonight.

>Offer to spar with Gabby to keep her occupied for the rest of tonight
>Go see Blackburn
>>
>>46421943
>>Go see Blackburn
first
then

also, if I didn't know any better, I'd say these people sound like a sort of deranged mirror of our group.
>>
>>46421943
See if she can keep up with our assimilation on full.
And DON'T go see Blackburn; that's where Dart was saying she was going.
>>
>>46422068
fair enough, We'll meet him in the morning.
>>
>>46422009
But who's a mirror of who?

Writing!

Also roll me 1d100 +49, best of 3
>>
Rolled 98 + 49 (1d100 + 49)

>>46422155
>>
Rolled 44, 36 = 80 (2d100)

>>46422155
And during the spar, could we also ask her about why she still views herself as evil?
>>
Rolled 76 (1d100)

>>46422155
>>46422207
oops, wrong dice.
>>
Rolled 75 + 49 (1d100 + 49)

>>46422155
>>
Gabby looks raring and ready to go 9 rounds with these people. And that's not the best idea.

“Hey Gabby, you up for a spar?” you ask.

“I wanted to have fun tonight at my bar with my friends,” she tells you through gritted teeth, preempting your concerns.

“Gabby, you know that's not going to happen tonight,” Rowe explains. “All that will happen is an altercation nobody wants. We're heading out. You can stay here and have a pissing match with these people if you want, but the rest of us are leaving.”

Gabby sighs. “Fine. Let's hit the beach, Al.” She grabs a few bottles to go and your group leaves The Sword and Shield for the time being. You split ways with the rest of the group, who are all heading back to the Circle.

By the time you make it to the beach, Gabby's already drained most of the alcohol. You can't tell if she's red-faced because of the booze or the anger at this point.

You begin with the basics. A few warm-up exercises and centering techniques followed by some light strikes, kicks and blocks.

As you drift into the flow of combat, you realize there's a big issue still broiling in the back of your brain.

“Hey Gabby,” you begin.

“Yeah, Al,” she grunts through a few palm strikes.

“Back after the siege,” you say as you dodge a kick. “When Dolah told you not to touch that cursed necklace – By the way, she was right. Quissonce confirmed it was cursed.”

“Great, I assume I'll be getting an I-told-you-so soon,” Gabby laments.

“You told Dolah you were evil. Why would you say that?” you ask her, dropping your guard.

Gabby doesn't abuse the opening. She drops her hands and speaks plainly. “Because I am.”

“You really think that?” She used to be so adamant about not being evil.

“Dolah keeps saying it and she's practically the Avatar of Nice. Can we get back to beating each other up now?” Gabby impatiently requests.

“When did you start believing her?”
>>
“I don't believe her, I believe you!” She practically spits it in your face.

Gabby must notice the confusion on your face and deigns to explain further. “When you gave me the 'good touch' way back when. It showed me the 'light' or whatever the fuck you call it. I saw exactly what it meant to be good and exactly how I'm nothing like that. Alright? At first I thought it was Dolah bullshit, then your creepy bullshit and then just bullshit in general."

"But I'm not as stupid as you or Dolah think I am. I can see all the factors adding up. And I am an evil person. And y'know what? I don't care. Because every time Dolah opens her cunt mouth she spouts some stupid shit that is more likely to get you killed than anything else. If being good means being stepped on, then I choose to be evil."

She's panting at the end of that rant rather hard. You feel the cool, sea breeze chill you in the night air.

>What do you say? (write-in)
>>
Actually, unfortunately I have to call it early tonight. There may be a thread tomorrow around 2 tomorrow.

>End of Thread
I will most likely run this next time on Sunday. https://twitter.com/TrickQM

There will be more than just a write-in as options to respond.
>>
>>46423053
>>What do you say? (write-in)
"Or, maybe you just looked at an idealized description of what good is. No one's going to perfectly live up to expectations and rules. You think I'm 'good', but it's not like I'm some saint. Just because you're not following whatever rules a religion tells you doesn't automatically condemn you.

Dolah speak out of dedication to her oath. I disagree with her on things, too, you know. Hell, I wouldn't advocate getting stepped on constantly, either. "

ok, this is pretty difficult. I think I might have some more, but this is what I've got right now. Any suggestions as to what else to say?
>>
Feel free to respond to this prompt or, if possible, keep this thread bumped until either late tonight or tomorrow when I can write the next bit.
>>
>>46423618
well, here's a second draft.

"Or, maybe you just looked at an idealized description of what good is. No one's going to perfectly live up to expectations and rules. You think I'm 'good', but it's not like I'm some saint. Just because you're not following whatever rules a religion or a god tells you doesn't automatically condemn you.

Look, Gabby, I like you. Not because you’re my teammate or because some religion would have me proselytize you, or even because you have nice boobs. I like you because you’re direct. You’re not afraid to brush elbows. You get down and dirty with the rest of us when we need you and you have our backs. You’re impulsive and spirited in a way that I kind of envy. Maybe even a bit too much, but no one’s without some flaws. Fuck, flaws make us who we are, even if we seek out perfection. You don’t have to be good, but nobody said that it automatically makes you evil. And I doubt anyone who was evil would willingly pick up a cursed artifact and risk their own well being for the people around them. Because that’s pretty damn good in my book.

(playfully)And nobody thinks you’re stupid, though, you can act like it sometimes. But then again, we’ve all been there.

Also, Dolah speaks out of dedication to her oath. I disagree with her on things, too, you know. Hell, I wouldn't advocate getting stepped on constantly, either. It’s good to know you’d stand up for something."
>>
just wondering if there was anything inconsistent with what I've said so far.
>>
>>46423816
How about the fact that alignment is more than just relative morality and are actual forces in this world?
>>
>>46425887
how shall I improve this then?
>>
>>46423053
"Being good doesn't mean being stepped on; I think I've proven that enough times, what with the putting an arrow or blade through anyone who's tried that on me on this island.
"As for you choosing evil, so long as that evil doesn't get in the way of our missions, or lead to party backstabbing, I'll respect your choices as your own. Our places on the good-evil axis haven't broken our friendship yet, so I don't see why it should now.
"As a friend, though, I'm letting you know that I intend to raze Hell to ashes and kill everything there, so, uh, try to not get that afterlife before I'm done with it?"
>>
>>46426056
Keep in mind that Gabby doesn't have some "idealized description of what good is", she's been literally given a connection to a divine being and knows at a fundamental level what is good and what is evil, which are primal forces as real and material as the forces of gravity and electromagnetism.

Gabby is evil, and that's as real as the fact the amulet is cursed and Rowe's bow electrifies the arrows she fires from it.
>>
>>46426564
does this sound better?

"Look, Gabby, I like you. Not because you’re my teammate or because some religion would have me proselytize you, or even because you have nice boobs. I like you because you’re direct. You’re not afraid to brush elbows. You get down and dirty with the rest of us when we need you and you have our backs. You’re impulsive and spirited in a way that I kind of envy. Maybe even a bit too much, but no one’s without some flaws. Fuck, flaws make us who we are, even if we seek out perfection. If you want to accept that you’re evil, that’s fine. If my god says that you’re evil, fine. But I doubt anyone who was truly evil would willingly pick up a cursed artifact and risk their own well being for the people around them. Because that’s pretty damn good in my book. And because of that, I will never stop being your friend.”

" (playfully)And nobody thinks you’re stupid, though, you can act like it sometimes. But then again, we’ve all been there.”

"Also, Dolah speaks out of dedication to her oath. I disagree with her on things, too, you know. Hell, I wouldn't advocate getting stepped on constantly, either. It’s good to know you’d stand up for something."
>>
>>46426723
>But I doubt anyone who was truly evil would willingly pick up a cursed artifact and risk their own well being for the people around them
Gabby most likely wanted the amulet for herself, not to protect anyone else.
>>
>>46426886
well, I'd like to believe otherwise. see where it gets us.

Still, thanks for the advice.
>>
sorry I keep posting more corrections.

“I’m sorry. I’m sorry I did that to you.”

"Look, Gabby, I like you. Not because you’re my teammate or because some religion would have me proselytize you, or even because you have nice boobs. I like you because you’re direct. You’re not afraid to brush elbows. You get down and dirty with the rest of us when we need you and you have our backs. You’re impulsive and spirited in a way that I kind of envy. Maybe even a bit too much, but no one’s without some flaws. Fuck, flaws make us who we are, even if we seek out perfection. If you want to accept that you’re evil, that’s fine. If my god says that you’re evil, fine. But I doubt anyone who was truly evil would willingly pick up a cursed artifact and risk their own well being for the people around them. Because that’s pretty damn good in my book. And because of that, I will never stop being your friend.”

(playfully) "And nobody thinks you’re stupid, though, you can act like it sometimes. But then again, we’ve all been there.”

"Also, Dolah speaks out of dedication to her oath. I disagree with her on things, too, you know. Hell, I wouldn't advocate getting stepped on constantly, either. It’s good to know you’d stand up for something."

“Now, you want me to keep yammering all day or do you want to beat me up?”
>>
Just finished watching Superman vs Batman: Dawn of Justice. It was alright.
>>
>>46428539
would you recommend it to other people?
>>
>>46428569
>>46428569
I didn't spend money on it, so it's a bit difficult to say. But the action was fun. The plot was standard super hero stuff.
>>
>>46428601
well, might give it a shot with my friends next weekend.

Though, have you ever heard of Hardcore Henry?
>>
>>46428630
No I haven't. What's it about?
>>
>>46429054
recently made cyborg has to save his wife from a psychic russian mob boss. All done in a first person perspective. Support actor: Sharlto Copely. comes out on the 8th.
>>
>>46429054
check out the trailers to get a feel of the movie. First person may not be for everyone.
>>
It takes you a minute to think of what to say.

“I’m sorry I did that to you.”

Gabby shakes her head and waves away your apology. “You didn't know and you've apologized enough for that already.”

"Yeah, but . . .” you take a second to gather your thoughts, letting the crashing waves fill the silence. “Look, Gabby, if you want to accept that you’re evil, that’s fine. If The Great Will thinks that you’re evil, I don't care. If Dolah wants to preach about your sins, well, I've disagreed with her in the past. I like you. Not because you’re my teammate or because I want to convert you, or even because you have nice tits.”

“Thanks,” she says, seemingly genuine.

“I like you because you’re direct, you stand up for yourself, you have our backs when we need you and you defended this city with your life – That's pretty damn good in my book. And because of that, I will never stop being your friend. You’re impulsive and spirited in a way that I kind of envy. Sometimes it's a bit too much, like tonight, but if being good is about being perfect than I'm too flawed to call myself good.”

Gabby sighs and puts her hand to her forehead. “That's it though! I don't think of them as flaws. You've done a bunch of shit you think is bad and you're atoning for it because you think that's not the right way to act. Well I don't. There isn't a single motherfucker I haven't put the boot to who I regret giving a beating.”
>>
She gets up close to you, very close. Intimately so, that her next words are whispered to you. You smell the alcohol on her breath.

“I beat my own father until he was a stain on the floor and the only moments of that story I rue is that I didn't do it sooner and that I got caught. If it wasn't for the fact that I am like THIS then I would still be some battered victim in a shit cottage in the middle of nowhere!"

"If it was up to me, I would have followed Dart out of that bar and beat her to death for even joking about threatening me or Rowe. I would have killed Deliria for having you followed. I would have left those orc bitches to rot after killing all their sons."

"And I'm SICK of you acting like I secretly mean well behind some fucking bitch persona, because I really don't. And one of these fucking days . . .”

She trails off, the thought caught in her throat. Maybe a moment of sober inhibition? She sways a bit before closing her mouth and stopping mid-rant.

>'One of these days' what?
>Gabby, you're drunk
>I believe you Gabby
>>
>>46430696
Should have stuck with "as long as you don't betray us" instead of all that bullshit.
>>
Treating Gabby as if she doesn't understand who she is and her place on the alignment chart was disrespectful of her and her choices, and showed her Alan doesn't understand her at all, as well as treating her as stupid, just like she said.
>>
>>46430696
>>I believe you Gabby
>>
>>46434998
Wren, buddy. If you haven't got it yet your waifu is objectively evil. She's a bro for sure and you can trust her as long as she's your friend but she is evil. And it's the retarded dnd Alignment chart evil so there isn't any subjectively involved with it.
>>
>>46435171
yeah, i get it. I fucked this one up.
>>
>>46435187
It's cool, its just something you need to take into account.
>>
Writing!
>>
>>46435237
He was told that's what he needed to take into account and he still messed it up.
>>
“One of these days, what?'' you ask a bit tentatively.

Gabby puts her hands on her hips and backs up a bit. She looks at the ground and talks to it in your stead.

“One of these days there's going to be a disagreement arguing ain't gonna solve. And then all this 'friends for fucking ever' shit is going out the window. Whatever. I think I'm going to go to bed. Sorry if this was a shit sparring session.”

“It wasn't,” you tell her honestly. Even without much actual effort you've managed to absorb quite a bit tonight. “Sorry tonight wasn't more fun.”

“They'll be other nights. I'm not letting those clowns steal my bar from me.”

>Any parting words? (write-in)

AND

>Assimilate something defensive
>Assimilate something offensive
>Assimilate something mystical
>>
>>46438434
>>Any parting words? (write-in)
"That which we are, we are. I'm sorry I didn't see that earlier."

i fucked up, didn't I?
>>
>>46438434
>Any parting words? (write-in)
"As a friend, I'm warning you now that I plan to scour Hell of its inhabitants. Don't go dying before I'm done there, alright?"

>>
>>46438521
Oh yeah, you done fucked up.
She flat out said she's going to break with the party eventually.
Optimistically, she'll just fight Dolah and do her best to kill her.
More likely she'll sucker punch the casters before killing Dolah and anyone who gets in her way.
>>
File: 1424558689110.gif (2 MB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
1424558689110.gif
2 MB, 300x300
>>46438716
I love you Masochistic anon. You always find a way to find the absolute worst scenarios. You love your extremes don'tcha?
>>
>>46438746
You think Gabby will just leave the party, calmly and without incident?
>>
File: free-shrugs.jpg (92 KB, 449x642) Image search: [Google]
free-shrugs.jpg
92 KB, 449x642
>>46438965
I think the future is not set, like you seem to think it is.

I don' think Wren's messed up write in by itself is going to fracture the group like you've claimed.

I think these are characters, not game states where you flip a switch and that's it.

I think you need to relax and stop pointing fingers everytime something isn't perfect.
>>
>>46439032
Why don't you come up with parting words to Gabby that can mend our friendship? Say something that will make Gabby reconsider that inevitably she will disagree with the party enough that she will throw our friendship out the window.
>>
>>46438521

I mean, well, alright, sort of, maybe. . . .?

I think the biggest issue was your framework of reference.

The mentioning of flaws casts the stance of Gabby's argument in the wrong light.

This makes sense in character, seeing as how Alan regrets a lot of his past decisions and is trying to be a good person and struggles with morality in difficult situations that sometimes make being good hard to do. So him seeing evil actions as failures to live up to a moral standard makes sense for him.

But when you projected that thought process onto Gabby she got frustrated, because she is espousing the belief that being good is not the correct way to live one's life.
>>
>>46438434
>>Any parting words? (write-in)
"Damn right we won't."

>>46439052
That's it. Just go with the flow and keep it simple stupid. The friendship isn't broken like you think it is. There's nothing I can say that can conclusively that can prevent a disagreement of a situation I know nothing about. Just be her friend nigga.
>>
>>46439124
So would this >>46426482
have led to Gabby feeling less like her opinion was being ignored?
>>
>>46439286
HOLY FUCK ANON!

I totally missed that post.

Whoops!

If there's any part of it you want included in the parting words other than what you've written here >>46438611 just tell me.
>>
>>46439339

Unless we could retcon to voting for that? show of hands and whatnot?

otherwise, in addition to >>46438521

"I didn't mean to imply that you were wrong, I just... I guess I've never really looked at it from you perspective until recently. For that, I apologize. I must have sounded like a real condescending prick."

I'm running on fumes now.
>>
>>46439339
The part about being good doesn't mean being stepped on.
The part about accepting her as evil, so long as she doesn't betray the party or endanger the mission, would have been important to have said before, but it feels pretty inadequate when Gabby already said she will break with the party in the future.
>>
>>46439385
How about you stop making things worse.
>>
File: 1436568505443.gif (997 KB, 500x700) Image search: [Google]
1436568505443.gif
997 KB, 500x700
>>46439478
You're doing that thing where you're lashing out again.
>>
>>46439490
You're no help at all.
Why don't you try providing advice and criticism to Wren before Trick has to point out how it blew up in his face.
>>
File: shitsonfireyo.jpg (94 KB, 600x554) Image search: [Google]
shitsonfireyo.jpg
94 KB, 600x554
>>46439708
Cause I can't be here most of the time for this quest.

You and Wren are the guys that mostly participate in this quest so here's some advice while I can be here.

Wren. Think a little more about situations and remember that not everything is going to be sunshine and rainbows and SOL. Also might want to chill with the Gabby waifuing a tad.

Masochist. Relax and stop trying to push for the worst case scenario everytime people make a mistake. That 'A deal is a deal' crap was as retarded as Wren's mistake. Instead of trying to salvage a situation you tried to go head first into a crash because of 'well we made mistake, we gotta suffer for it.' The last time you did that it was the religion choice and we are fine right now. So just chill a little.
>>
>>46439900
A deal's a deal, though. You should have sucked on her nipples.

>muh /v/ memes
>>
>>46439900
alright, man, I'll try.
>>
>>46439900
If you're going to be here so infrequently, then maybe you need to reconsider if you should even participate.
>>
File: bert.gif (1 MB, 193x135) Image search: [Google]
bert.gif
1 MB, 193x135
>>46440149
Nah.
>>
File: crying feelguy.jpg (9 KB, 216x233) Image search: [Google]
crying feelguy.jpg
9 KB, 216x233
>>46440149
Pls, no.

I'll take it.

>>46439900
Don't go, pls.
>>
>>46439339

what he said about good not necessarily means being stepped on would be nice, as well as the part that, despite us being opposite alignments, we still haven't broken our bonds and we see no reason for it to do so.

Though, I honestly feel like I should apologize with this line as well:>>46439385

>>46440182
sorry to have caused this mess, Trick.

I'd vote to add these
>>
>>46440202
>"I didn't mean to imply that you were wrong, I just... I guess I've never really looked at it from you perspective until recently
But you did mean to imply that Gabby was wrong with how she viewed herself, and it went further than not just looking at things from her perspective.

Gabby is perceptive enough to see through your attempt at an apology and see it for the failure that it is.

If you want to apologize, then apologize for thinking that Gabby is too dumb to know what she's doing and that she can't tell that her actions are evil even though she's been given a connection to a divine good being.
>>
>>46440354
>If you want to apologize, then apologize for thinking that Gabby is too dumb to know what she's doing and that she can't tell that her actions are evil even though she's been given a connection to a divine good being.
ok, this I will do.
>>
>>46440414
>>46440354
>>46440202
>>46440182
Apologize for not believing her and for acting condescending. Accept her as her alignment is.
>>
“Damn right we won't. That bar is rightfully yours. The good thing to do would be to not let them step all over you,” you chime in.

Gabby chuckles a bit. “Yeah, well we all sure pussied out tonight.”

You shrug. “We retreated from one battle. As a veteran soldier, I assure you that doesn't lose us the war. What will fuck us over is if we aren't united. If you've really been evil this whole time, then it hasn't gotten in the way before. I don't see why it would lead to a . . . betrayal from you in the future.”

“Betrayal?” Gabby turns to you, a look of disgust on her face. But then it drops and is replaced by a more questioning one. “Hey Al, tell me. When you swore you were going to rip Hell apart, did you mean it?”

You take a second to think about it. “Yeah. I did.”

She points at you and shakes her finger in time with her words. “I wasn't the one who had an issue with that. In fact, sounds a bit like something I would do. Food for thought. Alright, I really need to go to bed now. So unless you want to follow me home, good night.” She gives you a mock bow and then walks away, back up the beach to the waterfront district.

“Good night. Sorry if I sounded like a condescending prick!” you shout after her.

“You were going to assimilate pieces of Dolah's personality eventually!” she shouts in response. And then she's gone.

This took a long fucking time to write holy shit.
>>
Alright, yes. I'm officially calling it. Next thread will be next Saturday.
>>
>>46441550
It's been a tough day. I honestly can't apologize enough for how badly I fucked this up for you and everyone else.
>>
>>46441587
It's fine Wren. It's not that bad. Go get some sleep.
>>
>>46441587
Wrenloft.

it's okay.

Go to sleep.
Thread replies: 141
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.