[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Stat me, /tg/.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3
File: Scary Stan.png (89 KB, 299x168) Image search: [Google]
Scary Stan.png
89 KB, 299x168
Stat me, /tg/.
>>
File: reganomics.jpg (7 KB, 201x251) Image search: [Google]
reganomics.jpg
7 KB, 201x251
Stat me, /tg/.
>>
>>46415866
Excellent great uncle
Sense of duty/10

>>46415897
We could've had space battleships and nuclear energy cannons thanks to this guy.
>>
>>46415951
>Excellent great uncle
>Sense of duty/10

You've got one Gruncle mixed up with the other.

...you wouldn't be the first to do so though.
>>
File: notwhatheseems.png (3 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
notwhatheseems.png
3 MB, 1920x1080
>>46415866
Ultimately the story of Gravity Falls is about Stanley finding redemption for his criminal life through raising his grandchildren, overcoming his greed and his own self loathing.

Standford only exists as a character to personify the person that Stanley could've been. The failure of the inter dimensional machine buries Stan's ambition and hope to be a successful scientist, thus is it absorbs Ford and only Ford. Stanley is left behind to continue his criminal life which is highlighted by the omnipresence of Bill, a dollar bill symbol of greed.
>>
>>46418343
That was looking good then I found the second paragraph. That's pol level insanity there anon
>>
>>46418765
It's pretty low level for /co/ though.

GF did leave some small questions unanswered though.

>What happened to McGuckets Wife?
>...or Wendy's Mom?
>What on earth did the NorthWests DO every previous year to keep the Ghost at bay and why was THIS year special?
>Dippers real name (Gable?)
>Is TALES TO SELL MY MERCHANDISE canon? If so, does that mean Stan was actually married and had a kid at one point?
>All things concerning Shermie, the third Pines kid.
>Why did Hirsch COMPLETELY forget all of Stanleys Flashbacks in Mindscraperer when he made Tale of Two Stans?

There's probably other stuff as well.
>>
>>46419285
>>Dippers real name (Gable?)
Cain was a theory. Ergo, he would be Mabel's downfall.
>>All things concerning Shermie, the third Pines kid.
Dipper and Mabel's dad. Shermie is short for Sherman.
>Why did Hirsch COMPLETELY forget all of Stanleys Flashbacks in Mindscraperer when he made Tale of Two Stans?
I figured that that flashback took place BEFORE T2S started, so Stan has the confidence he needed to be the person he started as there.
Don't get me wrong, there's a shitload of unanswered questions. A Series of Unfortunate Events handled their mysteries well because the whole point was that you'll never know all the answers.

Stanford was such an ungrateful little shit though, fuck that guy.
>>
>>46419925
>Dipper and Mabel's dad
Er, granddad.
>>
>>46418765
Well Bill was originally just a manifestation of greed until they rewrote him to be a 2D cosmic demon who wanted to party with his demon posse in 3D.
Chances are his demon posse probably was meant to symbolize the other 7 sins, at least two were gluttony related.

Considering how Gravity Falls ended, with Stanley's self sacrifice of erasing greed from his mind it might've been the original intention of the show to highlight Stanley's inner struggle.

I suppose it's a moot point when the bigger narrative was the Twin's story and how they didn't want life and opportunity to tear them apart the same way it did Ley & Ford.

>>46419285
Well Stan had to have a kid to have grandkids.
>>
>>46416128
>spends half of his adult life and all of his senior life trying to fix his mistake
>actively cares about Dipper and Mabel

Unless I'm retarded and that's (stan)Ford in the OP, not Stan(ley).
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.