[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Be the BEG [Quest] Chapter 16
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 245
Thread images: 7
File: Blackknight.png (29 KB, 330x287) Image search: [Google]
Blackknight.png
29 KB, 330x287
After showering, dressing, and eating a light meal of eggs and toast, you attend a critical meeting called by Duncan, which he assures you is of the utmost importance. You recall that he seems to think just about everything is of utmost importance, but it's not as though you have much to do in the morning anyway.

As you and your numerous advisors sit down at your respective seats, Duncan begins setting up a powerpoint presentation. You tap your fingers impatiently on the conference table, Vanessa devotes her interest to a magazine, and Shen does squat thrusts in the corner up until Duncan turns down the lights and begins speaking.

"As you all know, the nations to our north and west are long lived and powerful. As was Theon, which we incorporated nearly a year ago. Until now, each of them had been sending spies, raiders, and privateers to prod us into action, but recently these acts have all but ceased. After a deep investigation, I have discovered something alarming. Relations between the two have decayed, and now they turn their attentions to each other, in anticipation of war. My sources tell me any errant breeze will ignite passions, and with that I must suggest that we make preparations to take action as well. Joining one side will not only earn us a powerful ally, but it will afford us a chance to expand and secure an entire border. We should take advantage of this chance, and in my opinion, join the Kingdom of Solaris to the west. They are home to a religion that would be threatening if it were to spread to our people, especially after the Theonites had their faith shaken by our invasion."

Duncan opens the floor, and your advisors begin murmuring.

>Ask Vanessa for her input
>Ask Sophia and Caela
>Ask Legion and Shen
>Ask Gilbert and Caitlyn
>Other
Previous thread: http://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive/46290033/
Twitter: @BBEG_Questman
>>
>>46415017
>>Ask Vanessa for her input
Really all of them but her first
>>
>>46415017

>Ask Sophia and Caela
>>
File: uniforms are dumb.png (260 KB, 849x432) Image search: [Google]
uniforms are dumb.png
260 KB, 849x432
>>46415057
"We don't have a ton of troops, but we have daddy, and he's basically an army by himself. Why tire ourselves out compromising with some weaklings over a long campaign when we can just bide our time and strike as soon as one of them wins? We'd wipe out both enemies, and have two nations worth of land under our control."

The room mumbles again. Sophia speaks up soon after.

"That's assuming we can secure that much land quickly. If we wipe out the leaders of both countries at once, we'll be creating a power vacuum that will be filled by the ambitious. Mob bosses, warlords, you name it. In the worst case, we're killing thousands by killing dozens."

Vanessa is displeased by this retort, but you see the validity in what Sophia says.

>Side with Vanessa
>Side with Sophia
>Ask Gilbert and Caitlyn
>Ask Shen and Legion
>Other
>>
>>46415186
>>Ask Gilbert and Caitlyn
>>Ask Shen and Legion
>>
>>46415186
>Other
ask Duncan about the other nation
>>
>>46415186
>>46415201
this. maybe marigold too?
>>
>>46415186
>>46415403
Adding my vote. Let's have all the information up front before we start taking opinions.
>>
>>46415403
second that
more info before more decision
>>
>>46415201
"Caitlyn and I are not very versed in national politics. But we do know that Hielon to the north is home to a magical college. They churn out students like ground meat, so on average they are less than threatening. But they often utilize them as artillery in the military, and on occasion you find a diamond in the rough. Siding with or against them, you should take that into consideration."

"My dark lord, we sit between two powerful foes. To the west, knights of ancient lineage, and to the north, mages and hardened footmen, tempered by cold and stone," Legion says.

"Armor is no problem for me, not normally. But magic isn't something I like dealing with. You can't punch fire, and I've tried."

The room grows louder now, as opinions clash and lines are drawn between your advisors. Your decision here will echo not just politically, but among your allies here as well. You should think carefully on this.

>Side with Solaris (Duncan will like this)
>Side with Hielon (Gilbert and Caitlyn will like this)
>Wait for them to kill each other (Vanessa will like this)
>Disband the meeting and take more time to ponder
>Other
>>
>>46415512
Marigolds opinion.
And and info for the more important question: Will either of them side with us, or do they have reservations?
>>
>>46415512
>Wait for them to kill each other
>Other
We don't have much of a reason to prefer one nation's allegiance over the other. Let's just minimize the amount of resources we lose in this venture by waiting to predict who will win the oncoming war and then join that side.
I feel like we should really beef up our own fortifications and deal with our own internal political problems first (for instance, we should thoroughly crush dissent in Theon through whatever means we deem appropriate).
>>
>>46415512
>Other

>I don't think any side will become our ally after so much raids and provocations both of them instigated against us. But, as Sophia said, even if we use the momentum and expand our territory, we will stretch or forces close to their breaking point. I say we do our best to provoke war between them, let them bleed each other, sell military supplies to both sides and keep them weakened, locked in perpetual war, and harmless.
>>
>>46415512
>You can't punch fire, and I've tried."
Then you aren't trying hard enough!
>Side with Solaris (Duncan will like this)
I don't like the idea of mages being allowed to run amok. If we side with them and they stir up some bad magic shit, we just get pulled into a two front war anyway. Besides there's a chance we could sway their allegiance with the promise of like, dragon bones for alchemy or something.
>>
>>46415512
we wait for them to kill each other (or assassinate their leaders), offer asylum to the refugees and take control over key places.
>>
>>46415512
>Other
Side with no one, strengthen the country internally rebuild our military after the devastating war.

Also it might be a trap, i do not like the idea of leaving a border relativly undefend with a nation that until recently worked against us.

Also, is there a way to contact Shaka, he is/was in one of them, right?
>>
>>46415579
You decide to stay your hand for now, at least until you are forced to step into this conflict. There are ways to profit from bloodshed, and you can see yourself gaining a great deal before having to spend anything. Duncan seems content, and Vanessa is delighted, but Sophia and Caela are less than happy.

"My dark lord," Caela begins, "I do not doubt your decision, but know that you are condemning many to die. I know you must value your own subjects over those of rivals, but I hope you have taken into account what we stand to lose in the long term by remaining neutral."

>"Your voice is heard, but my decision is final."
>"You speak out of turn. Refrain from this in the future."
>Silence
>Other
>>
>>46415895
what are we losing in the long term? people? i don't quiet get it.
>>
>>46415895
At least until a more opportune moment presents itself.
>>
>>46415895
We might enter the war later on, but not before our own military is strong enough, and theirs are decimated, or if there's a risk one of them is overwhelming the other, thus threatening us.
>>
>>46415895
Caela, I do respect your opinion, but our forces are not in great shape after the recent war, and I fear that the victor of that conflict will turn on us, as he has done before. Helping him now, is strenghtening an enemy.
>>
>>46415895
I think Caela is forgetting that we are, in fact, evil. This is a pragmatic decision. Also, if we jumped into things right now, it wouldn't even make sense from a more benevolent save-the-innocents stance, because we don't even know if either country deserves our aid from a moral perspective. They both sound pretty sketchy.
>>
>>46415960
a stronger allegiance to a bunch of complete strangers
>>
>>46416029
Caela is still troubled, but you sense she comprehends your reasoning. With that, you end the meeting, and dismiss everyone to their normal duties. You begin straightening the stack of blank papers you use to look important during meetings, when you are approached by Vanessa and Sophia.

"Daddy, I wanted to call Uncle Ray, but I don't know how to reach the Aether on my own, so can you help me?"

You raise a hand, but Sophia stops you.

"Actually, my dark lord, I was hoping we could have a few words in private. Erm, regarding our 'position' in this conflict. I was hoping we could discuss a potential 'union' with one of the other powers, and see if we can't 'come' to an agreement regarding which side we might choose."

Vanessa eyes Sophia, causing her to blush nervously.

>Help Vanessa
>Join Sophia
>Other
>>
>>46416168
>Help Vanessa
not even a choice
>>
>>46416168
>>Help Vanessa
Ray bro and best daughter before hoes
>>
>>46416168
Join Sophia in private and tell Vanessa to help her afterwards
>>
>>46416168
>Help Vanessa
>Promise that we'll talk to Sophia later
>>
>>46416260
mind you now all the people are gathered so we can continue the discussion, vanessa has a private concern
>>
>>46416299
The meeting just ended. The discussion is over.
>>
>>46416260
this
>>
>>46416260
You tell Sophia it'll have to wait, and though you sense disappointment, she smiles and agrees to pursue your attention another time. You go with Vanessa to your office, shutting the door behind you, and going to your desk to find the old scrying stone you got from Ray years ago. Without it, you wouldn't have the mental capacity to speak to someone in the aetheric realm. You find it deep within a drawer, and set it on the desk, but when you look to Vanessa you sense something amiss. Her expression is suddenly somber. You think it might be from reflecting on Ray's condition, but you can't be sure, and so you proposition Vanessa for her thoughts.

"I'm sorry daddy, I lied. I didn't come to call Uncle Ray, although I would like to one day. I really only wanted to tell you some news. Davison, Goldberg and Dagon the Undying called yesterday. They offered me a position there, managing Personnel. They said they liked that I could relate to mortals and demons, and that my transcripts and experience here were really appealing. They want me to start next Monday, and it's a full time job, so..." She trails off, rubbing her elbow as she does when she's trying to hold back tears. "So I was just wondering if you... you know..."

>"It sounds like a good opportunity, sweetie. I'm proud of you."
>"Don't worry about me. I knew this was never permanent."
>"You can't! I need you here! Especially now!"
>Other
>>
>>46416168
Bros b4 hos
Daughters b4.... denigrating term for women that rhymes with "daughters"
>>
>>46416545
>>"It sounds like a good opportunity, sweetie. I'm proud of you."
now cry a manly tear.

we now need to find a replacement for her.
>>
>>46416545
>"You did a great job helping me but it's time to spread your own wings, carve your own path"
>"Don't worry about your old man, he'll be fine"
>"And I'd better have grandchildren the next time I see you!"
>>
>>46416545
>>
>>46416545
>Other: Hold back manly tears at a big girl growing up. Blubber like a baby in the privacy of our own quarters later.
>>
>>46416545
And when she leaves
>Cry, Cry like a motherfucker.
>>
>>46416691
we won't be crying in our quarters. we're going to be crying in the arms of sophia while she akwardly tells us everything is going to be fine.
>>
>>46416691
You tell Vanessa that you never expected her to stay with you forever, and that you know she has to make a life for herself on her own. She smiles, but you can tell she wants to cry. You hold your arms out for a hug, and she falls into them happily. You hold her for a long time, both of you trying to hold back tears, until she seems to feel a bit better.

"Okay, daddy. I'll make you proud, I promise." She smiles at you, then sees herself out of the room. You are left alone in your office.

>Drink heavily
>Call Sophia in
>Go to the training yard to sweat it out
>Other
>>
>>46416897
>Other
The same thing as last time: call in Duncan, actually talk to him, hug him until his spine starts to crack. This time we'll also ask him to tell us stories about his college days with Vanessa.
>>
>>46416897
> Go to the training yard
>>
>>46416897
>>Call Sophia in
cry like a motherfucker.
>>
>>46416897
>Call Sophia in
We promised after all
>>
>>46416897
>Drink heavily
>Call Sophia in
>>
>>46416897
>Call Sophia in
>>
>>46416897
>Call Sophia in
I fear going into the training yard might result in an accidental death of some poor soldier.
>>
>>46416897
>Drink heavily
>Call Sophia in
>>
>>46416946
You summon Sophia to your office, and she comes quickly and discreetly. As she enters, politely shutting the door behind herself and moving to the guest chair across from yours, you sense a nervous anticipation coming from her. You lean back in your chair silently, which makes her even more nervous.

"My dark lord, if there's something you need from me, please ask. And that does include 'anything'." She smiles, but you can't think of anything to say in response. Every time you blink, the face of a newborn babe in swaddling clothes flashes before your eyes.

"Er, did I mistake your intentions? I assumed you might have asked me in here for... and intimate discussion, but if I've done something wrong I ask that you air it and let me correct myself."

>"Lock the door. We're going to make a mess."
>"Pour us some brandy, if you don't mind."
>"I'm going to say something I've never said to anyone in all my life. I need to be held."
>Other
>>
>>46417153
>"I'm going to say something I've never said to anyone in all my life. I need to be held."
>>
>>46417153
>Other

hug her and cry into her arms.
>>
>>46417153
>Other
Tell her to leave. Then call your ex-wife, tell her that our little girl has grown up.
>>
>>46417153
>>46417189
>Other
>"Something has come up."
>try to keep the tears of manly pride and love from gushing out of our eye slits like one of those hell rivers
this
>>
>>46416897
>Other
>Immediately prepare the grandest damn send-off for Vanessa that we can manage.
>>
>>46417153
>...
>brooding intensifies
>>
File: AND I WANT IT YESTERDAY.jpg (31 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
AND I WANT IT YESTERDAY.jpg
31 KB, 400x300
>>46417274
I want it to be so grand that everyone without a bladder of pure evil pisses themselves, and I want it now!
>>
>>46417153
>>
>>46417153
I changed my mind

Remove this
>>46417189

Change it to this
>>46417274

And it'd better be the best fucking send-off in the history of everything.
>>
>>46417153
>>
>>46417153
>>
>>46417376
You ask Sophia to pour drinks for the both of you, and though she is nervous, she complies. Once she approaches you with a glass in hand, you reach out and grasp her narrow yet muscled shoulder, and ask her to provide comfort in your time of need. She stammers, but agrees.

Some time later, you find yourself laid out on the fainting couch, with your head resting in Sophia's lap. She pets your head as she sips brandy, doing her best to reassure you.

"I'm sure Vanessa is just as torn up about this as you. But you'll still see one another, right? You went through the same thing when she left for school, you can do it again."

>"I know. It's just that she's so grown up suddenly."
>"This isn't the same. She's not going to come home for spring break, or winter break, or fall break, or even summer break!"
>"I suppose I had tried to put it all out of my mind. Hoped we could just remain as we are."
>Other
>>
>>46417509
>Other
>Commence send-off preparations
>>
>>46417509
>>
>>46417509
>"This isn't the same. She's not going to come home for spring break, or winter break, or fall break, or even summer break!"
>>
>>46417509

Gotta see a person with the good and bad.
>>
>>46417509
>>"This isn't the same. She's not going to come home for spring break, or winter break, or fall break, or even summer break!"
>>
>>46417509
>>
I wonder where this ranks on the list of the most emotional events in our evil life.
>>
>>46417623
First day of Pre-school?
>>
>>46417637
Fun fact: Vanessa didn't get to go to preschool because she burned down the building when they read her favorite book without doing the right voices like her daddy did. She's quite a stickler for the original dub
>>
>>46417623
>Vanessa is born
>Vanessa leaves us for Davison, Goldberg and Dagon the Undying
>Vanessa leaves for college

[POWER GAP]

>Learning Ray has wizard-cancer
>Meeting Ray
>Bro-ing it up with Shaka
>Meeting Shen

[POWER GAP]

>The day we lost our virginity to Arad-Zuul, mistress of destruction our penis never fully recovered
>The day we lost our anal virginity to Vanessa's mother
>Average tuesday afternoon
>>
>>46417668
Ah, Thanks OP.

That's adorable for a hellspawn.
>>
>>46417584
Sophia continues to pat your head, unsure how else to bring you comfort. You don't say it, but the fact that she tries is soothing in itself.

"My dark lord, forgive me for saying, but I've never seen you so vulnerable. You always appear so intimidating, so commanding, so dominating. But looking at you now, it's like a whole new side of you. Honestly, it's quite charming, if you don't mind me saying."

>"All fathers love their children."
>"Speak of this to anyone and you'll be lucky to speak again."
>"Less talking, more fawning."
>Other
>>
>>46417731
>I love my daughter and any children I might sire. Family is one of the most important things you can have in this world Sophia, never forget that.
>>
>>46417731
>>
>>46417731
>>
>>46417731
>>46417763
fuck
thats good
this
>>
>>46417731
>>
>>46417763
+1
>>
>>46417731
>>
>>46417731
>"Speak of this to anyone and you'll be lucky to speak again."
>>
>>46417731
prepare to be told how Sophia's didn't
>>
>>46417772
>>46417792
>>46417842
>>46417850
Let me guess. Sophia didn't have a loving father?
>>
>>46417897
If she didn't, I covered my fucking base.
>>
>>46417897
almost definitely, but this is an evil the likes of which the BBEG has completely forgotten or never considered post-Vanessa
>>
>>46417897
She's about the same age as Vanessa and we're banging her, what do you think?
>>
File: 1455241728541.png (46 KB, 270x200) Image search: [Google]
1455241728541.png
46 KB, 270x200
>>46417987
>She's about the same age as Vanessa
22 ≠ 31 though to be fair, when you're thinking big picture that's not a big gap
>>
>>46417731
>"All fathers Love their children, Those that don't are not true fathers"
>>
>>46418039
and we are over a century
>>
>>46418039
Oh, neat! We actually have numbers now.
How old are we? Or did dark magic extend our lifespan to such an extent that mere numbers are little more than a pitiful human construct to us?
>>
>>46417850
Sophia hums in appreciation of your statement.

"My father was a farmer. I can't say whether he was very loving. He was killed by raiders when I was small. My mother was captured. Probably turned into a slave, or worse. I was quick enough to hide in a cask meant for wine, which they abandoned when they tried to tap it and nothing flowed out. I wandered the countryside for weeks before I was picked up by a passing regiment of soldiers who escorted me back to the capitol." Sophia takes another sip of her brandy. "But I like to think that if I had grown up with my family, they would have loved me like you love Vanessa."

>"I'm sorry to hear all that. My condolences."
>"This isn't about you, Sophia."
>"Wow. Guess you're properly lubed up now."
>Other
>>
>>46418154
>They would Sophia you turned out lovely, and we don't ever want a repeat of such a story.

we can be your daddy, you be the mommy
>>
>>46418154
>Other
"It made you strong."
>>
>>46418154
>"This isn't about you, Sophia."
Don't derail this shit, woman. We're talking about Best Daughter here. Don't make us get out our goldplated pimpgauntlet.
>>
>>46418154
None of the above. How about we fucking go to WAR?
>>
>>46418154
>>
>>46418154
It made you strong.
>>
>>46418207
>How about we fucking go to WAR?
>Not How about we go to WAR fucking?
>>
>>46418154
>>"I'm sorry to hear all that. My condolences."
>>
>>46418239
Seems like the best. Both compassionate and pragmatic.
>>46418267
Let's fuck and then go to war! And then fuck some captured princess!
>>
>>46418154

>>
>>46418239
You spend a while longer with Sophia before eventually growing tired. The two of you stumble drunkenly back to your chambers, where Sophia helps you out of your armor and into your sheets.

The next day you awake slightly dry of mouth, but otherwise better than you were. You don your armor again, and get to work.

The next few days pass quietly, with Duncan keeping an eye on the two nations bordering you, Vanessa packing, and Gilbert running tests on his weapon. Shen, Sophia, Caela, and Legion dedicate their time to preparing for the war, either by training or planning potential strategies and maneuvers in the case of conflict. You stick to drinking, loving, and keeping your sword sharp for the time being. Eventually, Sunday night comes around, and the day Vanessa is to leave is upon you. Having spent all your time trying not to think about it, you decide it's finally time to face facts. You wonder what to do with the last night the two of you will have for a long while.

>Throw a small party
>Spend some time with her in private
>Go to bed early, goodbyes will only make it harder
>Other
>>
Guy's this is strange. We should only hug it out with Duncan, remember? Also what happened to that whole sub plot with the adventures coming to kill us?
>>
>>46418442
>Spend some time with her in private
>>
>>46418442
>Throw a small party

>>46418456
Kyle killed them all, with bears and fire
but he also died in the process, we think
>>
>>46418456
yes I miss that as well, just like any info about kyle, and we really should have chat with Caela because things have been harsh for her. Maybe with Sophia about Caela too.
>>
>>46418456
You must have missed a few threads, bruv
>>
>>46418442
>Throw a LARGE party
>As in invite the inhabitants of Satan's asshole to juggle with legendary swords
>Tie prisoners to a hilltop and burn them in a "I WILL ALWAYS LOVE YOU" pattern
>Invite her mother
>>
>>46418442
changing my vote from
>>46418493
to
>>46418518
a large party, invite the exwife
this is an ocassion, a huge one
our little girl has grown up
we need to send her off right
>>
>>46418442
voting this >>46418518
>>
>>46418442
We're the BBEG, We go big or we go home, so >>46418518
>>
>>46418442
>>46418518
absolutely
>>
>>46418518
You run to your office and dig through your desk drawer for the emergency party kit. It consists of a interdimensional distress beacon, a prepacked fireworks display, and a keg. You've been saving it for years, ever since college, but now is the time.

You scale the highest tower in your fortress, plant the beacon at the top, and activate it. The signal is sent out across all planes of existence, to every living and nonliving being you know, telling them to come on down to your place for the biggest going-away bash since the gods left the mortal realm. Potluck, of course.

Within hours, the fortress is filled to bursting with demons, devils, magicians, warriors, and a enough food and drink to put down an Abyssal Maw. People come from far and wide, even your ex-wife, Ray, and some guy you talked to in an elevator once.

When Vanessa learns of the bash, she takes great effort to wash up and get dressed for her adoring guests, all of whom join in celebrating her ascension to adulthood with booze and dancing.

The biggest problem you run into is trying to introduce your ex to Sophia, but a few glasses of cheap wine down her throat does the trick. From nine at night until near dawn, the fortress quakes with jubilation, until the last guest staggers out, thanking you for a wonderful evening.

In the wake of the gathering, among confetti, spilled plastic cups, and at least one dead imp, you cuddle Vanessa to your chest as she hiccups from the drinks she consumed.

"Thank you for the party, daddy."

>"I couldn't see you off without a big bang."
>"I'm glad you liked it, my little drunkard."
>"I want you to go out without regrets."
>Other
>>
>>46418791
>>
>>46418791

Ex-wife didn't try to bang us, Aw. lol
>>
>>46418830
You see Vanessa to bed and head off to sleep yourself. Sophia seems to have crashed in Caela's room, meaning you have the entire stretch of mattress to yourself, and you make good use of it.

The next day Vanessa leaves with a hug and a kiss, passing through the portal to hell alongside her many bags and belongings.

More time passes, and war does indeed break out. You observe as Solaris marches north, throwing themselves at the Hielonite defenders. Duncan reports death tolls reaching the hundreds within weeks, and thousands in less than three months. Whatever this conflict concerns must be worth it. Or so one might think. Soon after the start of the fighting, Duncan informs you that all of this is merely a result of a spat between two powerful houses. A pair of lordlings were smitten with one another and eloped, leaving each side to believe the other kidnapped and killed their child. You can't blame them for their passion, but you also can't help laugh at their foolishness.

>Continue playing from a neutral position
>Establish communication with Solaris
>Establish communication with Hielon
>Other
>>
>>46418964

>Establish communication with Solaris
>Establish communication with Hielon
lets see where we can get the better offer
>>
>>46418823
>>46418791
+1

>>46418830
In front of our new main squeeze? When she already has a new boyfriend?
>>
>>46418984
this let's try to get more information and vaguely suggest we might help.
>>
>>46418964
>Other
Make profit of it by supplying both sides while staying neutral
Try to use these as a tool to prolong the war as much as possible.
Use the time to rebuild homeland economy and military.
>>
>>46418964
>Other
We're evil, remember? Kidnap both lordlings in secret, keep them locked up in your dungeon and use them as blackmail material after both sides have exhausted eachother sufficiently. Either that or plant them somewhere as damning "evidence" of the guilt of one side later.
>>
>>46419050
SECONDING THIS!
>>
>>46418964
>>46419050
this
Also, once the two countries have bled themselves dry, we can announce the truth and use it to incite revolutions. The new governments, led by enraged commoners, can be our puppets or allies.
>>
>>46418964
Voting this >>46419050
>>
>>46419068
Try this then
>>
>>46419050
You call upon the troops guarding the iron mine to the south. You tell them to divert a sizeable portion of the ore to the capitol, to be sold to the warring nations. Solaris, desperate for more armor and weapons to supply their knights, is willing to pay handsomely for the ore. Hielon however does not make use of as much iron or steel, so selling to them is more difficult.

>Offer to send blacksmiths along with the ore, at no extra cost
>Sell them automatons
>Sell them food to supplement damaged fields
>Other
>>
>>46419268
Any thing else can be traced backto us easily.
>>
>>46419268
>Other
Ask Gilbert and Caitlyn what kind of stuff wizards are interested in. Maybe we can make mad bank out of selling them bat guano or whatever.
>>
>>46419268
>>Sell them NO automatons ever.
They are ours.
Also we might be able to get magical ingredients from hell in quantities... for a price
>>
>>46419268

And stamp:
"These sacks of wheat have been provided by benevolent dictatorship of Theon as humanitarian help"
on 'em
>>
>>46419268
>>46419299
this
>>46419306
>>46419311
and these
>>
>>46419268
Voting these
>>46419299
>>46419306
>>
>>46419268
we Lord of War now
>>
>>46419299
You offer them a steady supply of grains and preserved food to replace the damaged or captured fields. They fold under the pressure to feed their troops on the front, but take no interest in your offer of additional magical components. It seems whatever source they have for them is plentiful. Perhaps too plentiful.

>Hang back and observe
>Send Duncan to sabotage the Hielonite supply line
>Send Duncan and Legion to burn fields and villages
>Other
>>
>>46419659
>Hang back and observe
Don't shit where you eat.
>>
>>46419659
>>Send Duncan to find the Hielonite supply line
Do nothing but it would be good to know where to strike when/if we have to
>>
>>46419659
Hang back, but also, send spies Hielon. I guarantee that they're doing something fucking that'd be best to sabotage. They're mages!
>>
+1
>>
>>46419766
No sabotage. Why. We are not their enemies, but they might look close to what happens to #importantsupply so they might know we did that
>>
>>46419659
>hang back and watch, Also find out where the hell they are getting there magical supplies from.
>>
>>46419659
>>Send Duncan to sabotage the Hielonite supply line
>>Send Duncan and Legion to burn fields and villages
Why not both? We sell supplies, they get "stolen" by "bandits" and "raiders" and we sell them the exact same supplies.
>>
>>46419813
this
>>
>>46419813
+1
>>
>>46419881
Too much risk for little actual profit
>>
>>46419659
>>46419813
This. If it's relatively benign stuff we can forget about, or find a way to profit ourselves, but we can't have them summoning Elder Gods in the area.
>>
>>46419659
Burn fields and supply lines, not villages. Make them hopeless and in need of help, not fired up and seeking vengeance.
>>
>>46419813
This
>>
>>46419813
You send Duncan to investigate the supplier for the Hielonites. It takes him nearly three weeks, but with some gold to grease the palms of those who know, he discovers what he can.

The nation as a whole has developed several efficient techniques to farm magical materials, from breeding creatures and plants to summoning otherworldly beasts to kill and harvest. This is not much of a concern, but Duncan does learn of a source that provides an impressive amount of raw devil's blood, used in summoning and binding. The name is quite literal, as devil's must be captured and killed to obtain the stuff. Someone shipping the quantities Duncan reports must either be very powerful, or very connected. In the worst case, it may be a mage with the power to summon a multitude of devils, as well as slay them without much trouble.

>Send Duncan deep undercover to weed them out
>Have Duncan investigate, but keep working on observing the warring states
>Offer a reward for this supplier's identity
>Other
>>
>>46419659
>>46419813
this
>>
>>46420189
>>
>>46420189
>>
>>46420189
Can we go the other way, and ask in hell where the devils come from? Maybe someone has noticed?
Also it would be better to have the locations of the magical farms, to destroy if we go to war with them.
>>
>>46420189
>>
>>46420189
>Offer a reward for this supplier's identity

uh.. btw, did we ever find out what happened to Kyle? We never did comfirm if he was dead or not..right?
>>
File: BEG_Unhelmeted.png (373 KB, 330x287) Image search: [Google]
BEG_Unhelmeted.png
373 KB, 330x287
>>46420189

Obligatory maskposting
>>
>>46420429
>Canon OP drawings: BEG wears his helmet at the beach as well as while bathing
DELET THIS
>>
>>46420514
Oh anon, it's a mask worn over the helmet.
>>
>>46420514
You are new here, right. That is a mask worn over the underhelmet to make asssasins think they can get to our face easily. There is another helmet.
>>
>>46420262
You tell Duncan to continue looking into the identity and location of this supplier, without diverting his attention away from the larger picture.

Some time later, in the midst of a hot summer, you receive a messenger from Hielon. They know of your skill at war, as well as that of the former Theonites. They propose purchasing the services of your best fighters, to train a new wave of recruits to more evenly meet the Solarin knights on the field, without magical artillery. In exchange, they will pay handsomely, as well as provide you with a large number of artificers to bolster your infrastructure, which was never very well organized. This would make supplier your own lands much easier.

>Accept
>Refuse
>Other
>>
Hey guy's I have a conflicting source on where the BEG got his burning sword. One thread says that he sold his name for it and the previous one said that he got it from the king of one of the planes of hell.
>>
>>46420636
>Refuse
Hah no, Don't let them scout out there potential.
>>
>>46420636
>Accept

Loan them a 'small' number of the Hellrisers and make it seem like that was all we had. Make us seem weaker then we are, hence why we avoided joining the war.
>>
>>46420636
>Other
Demand that the message delivers a sealed letter to their leader, that cannot be opened by anyone but him. It bears a short but important message: Suck my evil dick
>>
>>46420675
We've come under the impression that the burning sword was once a holy weapon pried from the dead man's hands, and the demon who reforged it into our hellfire sword price was our name.
>>
>>46420675
Nothing that happened yesterday was canon, it was just for fun. In reality, what happened to to Vanessa after she fell from the cliff is much less silly
>>
>>46420822
>In reality, what happened to to Vanessa after she fell from the cliff is much less silly
What was that?
Was what happened yesterday Vanessa's dream?
How did she know what happened after Ray dragged her out of the palace of pleasure?
>>
>>46420750
You fart in an envelope and send it back to the leaders of Hielon. There is no response afterward.

The war continues to rage, sending deserters and refugees alike scampering in all directions, especially toward your borders. The destitute and shaken runners are for the most part harmless, but it's not long before many of them turn to theft, robbery, and even murder to survive. While some do find honest work, the number that cause trouble for your people are significant.

>Banish foreign refugees
>Round them up, and place them in cities to be kept quarantined
>Send more troops to enforce the law
>Other
>>
>>46420983
>>Round them up, and place them in cities to be kept quarantined
Integrate, learn their nations secrets
>>
File: God emperor of man.jpg (271 KB, 734x950) Image search: [Google]
God emperor of man.jpg
271 KB, 734x950
>>46420983
>>Banish foreign refugees
BBEG right now.
>>
>>46420983
>Round them up, and place them in cities to be kept quarantined
>>
>>46420983
>Quarantine them, then put them through an approval process to integrate into society. Ones that fail to meet the approval process are banished. If people get murdery, turn them into souls for our automata.
>>
>>46420983
Establish a network of work camps which give a chance of survival and modest life through hard labor, which every refugee must go through or be banished. Anyone who not only refuses to do that, but also causes trouble must be slaughtered.
>>
>>46420983
>>46421053
this
>>
>>46420983
>>46421053
>If people get murdery, turn them into souls for our automata
Yes! Have that be the punishment for any serious offense.
>>
>>46420983
voting this >>46421053
>>
>>46421035
BUILD A WALL
>>
>>46421053
this
>>
>>46420983
>>46421035
CAN'T STUMP BEG TRUMP
>>
>>46420983
>>46421053
Supporting, as well.
>>
>>46420983
op? Op? OP?
>>
I hope OP is OK.

Don't die on us, questman!
>>
>>46422212
>>46422265
Remember that OP is a parent.
>>
>>46422458
I know.
Maybe his daughter got her hands on nuclear launch codes.
I don't know.
I'm just waiting patiently. Q_Q
>>
>>46422480
Didn't he say something about C4 in easter eggs?
>>
>>46422515
actually, I think the easter eggs ended up in a nuclear reactor, or something along those lines.
>>
>>46422480
>Little girl launches nuclear missles at Russia, starts WW3
>Refugees are already taking shelter in underground bunkers
>"Really, it was only a matter of time" comments president
>Canada still safe, nobody remembered it exists
>>
>>46422572
panically checks the news.
Nope nothing reported
>>
>>46421053
You have all refugees found and taken to predesignated areas where they are assigned work and given tokens for goods rather than money, at least until you can reliably sort out the troublemakers.

Those who are unwilling to be driven from their homes a second time begin resisting your troops, sometimes violently.

>Have them executed
>Have them imprisoned
>Have them consumed by Legion
>Other
>>
Sorry to those who have been waiting. I feel awful. It was a one two punch of the power company trying to fix what happened last time and causing it again, and having to fix a mess caused by a child
>>
>>46423326
If they actually own homes/have integrated into society don't force them out! Just the riff raff, hobos, those sort of people.

Also murders get added to legion, no if and or buts. Unless it's a really good butt.
>>
>>46423326
>Have them executed
Only the ones who react violently, Have the ones who don't imprisioned for an amount of time and give them a slap on the wrists.
>>
>>46423326
WELCOME BACK QUESTMAN
>>46423435
I'm going to assume that it involves a bank heist.
>>46423441
Also, this.
>>
>>46423326
>>46423459
this
maybe we can do some of this personally? I feel like we've been withdrawn for a while, and while I appreciate proper utilization of resources, it might be nice to go out. Also, it'll help with PR.
>>
>>46423441
You let any property owners and employed foreigners to remain, but by necessity you are forced to split families and groups that arrived together. This is disliked, but not so much that your men are harmed, and violent crime dies down over time.

Legion takes care of any and all criminals who do more than petty theft and public brawling, including murderers, rapers, and kidnappers. With such a grizzly fate presented, few risk raising hands to others without good reason.

One day, you hear of spies of indetermanite origin entering with the refugees, seeking to probe your land for weakness and information.

>Begin an inqusition
>Tighten security and hope for the best
>Other
>>
>>46423435
sorry to hear about that
>>
>>46423649
>Begin an inqusition
>Not one like the shitty spanish inquisition though
>>
>>46423649

>Begin an inqusition

DO I HEAR SPANISH INQUSITION?
>>
>>46423649
>Begin an inquisition
This sounds fun. Let's make it fun for the nationalists, too: how can we make an inquisition that is generally liked by the populace? I'm sure we can find a way. We should consider monetary incentives for exposing spies.
>>
>>46423649
>Other
try to ID and feed wrong info
>>
>>46423731
Songs. Sing along songs. Also public burning are entertainment
>>
>>46423731
>>46423649
Monetary incentives, make it appealing to the public. Good idea.
Supporting this
>>
>>46423772
hell yeah baby that's the idea
how do we feel about making the inquisition handymen/women as well? I'm visualizing a Mr. Rogers-esque friendly neighborhood squad of people who just kind of help people around with things while simultaneously carefully observing everyone and everything at a personal level. The great thing about being chummy with the populace is that it gets you all the good dirt that people won't dare spit out in a tense environment like at the end of an expected and accusatory finger/weapon
>>
>>46423731
You put the Hellraisers along with Duncan and Legion in charge of rooting out any spies with violence and and incentive. You target children especially, by organizing free public theater shows that paint the Hellraisers as brave heroes and anti-nationalists as weak minded foes who seek to sell their neighbors for gold and vice. With the help of child informants, and good old fashioned jingoism, you find a good number of foreign spies, even though many innocent citizens get caught up as well.

Soon the fighting spreads close to your borders, even encroaching on your farmland. The people ask you to intervene, at least enough to divert troops from their homes and fields.

>Send troops to guard the farmland
>Send envoys to ask both nations to move away
>Kill all trespassers yourself, along with Shen and Sophia
>Other
>>
>>46423701
>>46423772
how about we request they learn how to play and teach to willing citizens the spanish guitar? I'm glad people are liking my idea
>>
>>46423912
>Other
>Personally watch the border and warn the other nations not to bring their trouble into a peaceful and unrelated region, or die. Take Shen and Sophia. Showing up ourselves will really drive home the point, and it would be nice to stretch the ol' army-butchering muscles if necessary.
>>
>>46423912
JESUS THAT THIRD OPTION WHY

>Send troops to guard the farmland
>>
>>46423975
Second.
>>
>>46423912
>Kill all trespassers yourself, along with Shen and Sophia

Guys what if we build a wall?
>>
>>46423975
>>46423649
Voting dis
>>
>>46424131
made of blackjack and hookers?

>>46423912
>>
>>46423975
You Warn the warring nations to keep themselves far from your lands, or suffer your anger. You slay a few men attempting to hide out within your borders and make it a point to let all know the same fate will befall those who bring violence onto your lands.

The troops treat your territory as hostile, and avoid it as best they can, but you do find yourself killing or routing a few troops here and there.

As winter approaches, the armies dig in and brace for the cold and weather. This is a chance to garner favor, or amass wealth.

>Raise prices on exports
>Lower prices
>Stay the course
>Other
>>
>>46424200
>Lower prices
>>
>>46424200
With winter coming the war will slow down. I say we keep prices the same and focus on our own internal affairs. I'm sure there are still things to deal with in our land
>>
>>46424200
>Lower prices

Also can we build a wall OP?
>>
>>46424200
>>46424261
this. check out the progress Gilbert has made. also check on ray and Vanessa.

we also have to deal with the slug queen and vanessa's replacement. have
>>
>>46424296
this
I had totally forgotten that the slug queen existed.
>>
>>46424200
>>46424296
I also think we should look into giving shen some magical items, mainly for protection. If he does get into a fight with casters we want him to be safe.
>>
>>46424382
you forget that this would mortally offend him
>>
>>46424382
We should consider sparring with him or something, though, to stay in shape and give him from getting bored. I don't think he has a very strong commitment to being here.
>>
>>46424268
You lower your asking price for exported goods. The two warring nations appreciate this, and take pains to accommodate you come time to dig their heels in for the season.

Meanwhile, you look into the logistics of a wall to defend your land. Approving the project will be expensive, involving thousands of hours and costing a large number of troops to maintain, but it will make invasion by land very difficult.

>Begin construction
>Cancel
>Other
>>
>>46424509
>lay the ground-work until first snow.

It will help boost the eco of our land, getting the people who are fleeing jobs and shit also cheap labor.
>>
>>46424509
>Begin construction
No doubt it will alos make us look like a benevolent overlord trying to protect his people.
>>
>>46424509
>Cancel

come on guys, a wall isn't that BBEG-ish . and those resourses could be better used elsewhere, like with the potential psionic subjects and automatons
>>
>>46424509
Begin construction, use the refugees to build it, under supervision, of course
>>
>>46424565
I'm sorry, what are we using the 'refuges' for again?
>>
>>46424594
building material.
>>
>>46424594
for nothing? we have them segregated until they can join the comunity. the only noes we are using for automatons are the troublemakers.
>>
>>46424509
If we still have ties with Vald or Shaka why not have Skelles do the labour
>>
>>46424665
then give them a fucking JOB, Make them build a god damn wall to help out our nation!
>>
>>46424679
but they already have jobs. they just get tokens instead of normal money until they can join society.
>>
>>46424725
Well then we don't have much of an issue if we put the refugees on the wall, and let our real people handle these jobs 'they' have?'
>>
>>46424741
i don;t have issues with that. my issue is that we could use the resources for other ends. like a stronger economy or better trained troops. or more advancements in everything.
>>
>>46424817
And a wall helps keep the people relaxed/calm which goes further then 'more advancements'. More relaxed/calm people the more they spend/more they go out, the more willing they are gonna do things.
>>
>>46424583
You begin construction, offering refugees a chance to absolve themselves of doubt, as well as provide for their families by contributing labor. Many flock to it in the hopes of escaping the intentionally strict system of the forced residencies, and some citizens decide to help as well, our of devotion to their land.

Things seem to be going smoothly, up until the locals and foreigners begin petty squabbles over nationalistic ideals, made worse by your anti-spy initiative.

>Forbid locals from working on the wall
>Use troops to enforce cooperation
>Send friendly counselors to encourage cooperation, and to secretly report troublemakers
>other
>>
>>46424850
fine. but we still have the other issues to solve.
>>
>>46424850
This wall project using the refugees reminds me of the Great Wall of China. Will people think we are going to bury them under it so no one knows how its constructed?
>>
>>46424891
>Send friendly counselors to encourage cooperation, and to secretly report troublemakers
>Go down sometime ourself and help work on it
>>
>>46424891
>>Send friendly counselors to encourage cooperation, and to secretly report troublemakers
>>
>>46424891
>>
>>46424924
You send an army of personnel managers to handle the infighting. Within days, all malcontents are settled or jailed.

Finally things begin to look up. With a long winter ahead, and you nation united, you anticipate a fruitfull war.
>>
>>46425085
?
>>
Wrapping here because of the time. I wish I hadn't been away as long as I eas, we could have gotten so much more done. Would everyone be okay if we ran again tomorrow?

Either way, thanks to all for coming. If someone could archive I would be very grateful. If I don't see you again tomorrow, have a great week and come back next time!
>>
>>46425127
Have a good weekend OP if we don't see you tomorrow.
>>
>>46425127
I'll be here tomorrow
>>
>>46425127
I'll be here tomorrow
Love this btw
Thread replies: 245
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.