[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
MTG SoI PreRelease, Brag and Salt Edition
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 6
File: FlavorText.jpg (146 KB, 312x445) Image search: [Google]
FlavorText.jpg
146 KB, 312x445
Hey TG, how has your prerelease been going?

>Record?
Went 4-0 at the midnight prerelease, trying to go 2-for-2 tonight

>Hoping to pull? For which format?
Sin Prodder, Gitrog Frog, Asylum, Arlin, Mindwrack Demon, Deathcap Cultivator, and Hand Lands, all for standard

>What did you actually pull?
Pulled Arlin Kord, 2 Sigardas, one foil, one norm, and in the prize packs, Game Trail, Foreboding Ruins, Asylum Visitor, and others

>Salt Stories?
First guy I played was clearly new to prerelease, since he didn't know deck minimum was 40 while he was building his deck against him. Funnily enough when we told him the average for lands in a 40 card deck was roughly 17, he said that sounds like a lot for a small deck and thought he'd get mana flooded. He ended up getting mana fucked in both our games, won it easy 2-0. There was so much salt I told him I asked if he wanted a friendly match afterwards. He ended up hitting his lands this time. I still won.
>>
File: IMG_20160402_042916.jpg (3 MB, 3120x4160) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160402_042916.jpg
3 MB, 3120x4160
>>
File: IMG_20160402_044140.jpg (3 MB, 3120x4160) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160402_044140.jpg
3 MB, 3120x4160
>>46415149
Op here, pulls in sealed, and pic related prize pulls
>>
>>46415149
jesus christ
>>
File: image.jpg (132 KB, 910x665) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
132 KB, 910x665
Someone explain triskaidekaphobia's art to me

Is there some sort of mtg injoke Im not getting? I know its obviously fear of the number 13 but I feel like theres something else. Whats with the smear of blood and someone/thing jumping out the window?
>>
>>46415253
Look at the number of literally anything in the picture. Firewood/plate pieces/blood drops/silverware hanging from the wall. You get it. Its the fear of the number 13
>>
>>46415253
the blood drops, the number of knives, the logs, the shattered plate, and everything is 13. The dude is just freaking out and leaving.
>>
Was hoping to pull: Lands, Sorin, Anguished Unmaking and the big rocky toad of land saccing and card drawing glory. Triskaidekaphobia would be fun to pull, but not anything I really wanted. Mostly for EDH, but I wanted some good BW gudstuff for standard.

Pulled promo Altered Ego, a Forgotten Creation, a Welcome to the Fold, Thalia's Lieutenant, Sage of the Ancient Lore, Traverse the Ulvenwald and Soul Swallower.

I somehow thought going RG was a great idea since I had two Fiery Tempers and other discard shit. It went terrible first round. Got a bye on my second and I decided to do a bant deck (my only fixing was the green vessel, traverse the ulvenwald and that evolving wilds knockoff). Third round went 2-1, same with fourth, which I nearly lost because of two stupid misplays. All matches were pretty cool, the people who go to that place are usually all chill folk who really just want to have fun. From time to time, there's a mouthbreathing tryhard, but they're inconsequential. Final score, 3-1, 9 points. Netted me 2 participation packs, 1 prize pack and got another from a raffle. Got Anguished Unmaking, Nahiri, Drogskol Cavalry and another Soul Swallower. Traded Nahiri for someone else's Sorin. All in all, it was a great prerelease, possibly the best so far.
>>
File: image.jpg (74 KB, 562x747) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
74 KB, 562x747
>>46415293
>>46415298

>Even the number of boards on the wall/ceiling

Shit I'd be out that fucking window too
>>
File: V_A_L_U_E.jpg (37 KB, 480x432) Image search: [Google]
V_A_L_U_E.jpg
37 KB, 480x432
>>46415364
And I somehow forgot to post a picture of the two cards I wanted the most and got. Gotta feel the happies.
>>
>>46415015
>>46415015
there's another thread up
>>46410826
>>
>>46415253
Walls cracking and starting to bleed is a common horror trope in the west. The man had dropped his plate and is running away because of the spooky shit.
>>
Just lost on the forth round, oh well. Pulled some nice things, easily made my money back so no harm no foul.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.