[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
MTG lore and storyline
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 31
File: lili.jpg (2 MB, 3000x2250) Image search: [Google]
lili.jpg
2 MB, 3000x2250
Thread dedicated to Magic: The Gathering lore.

Do you think Liliana will join the Jacestice League for the sole purpose of boning Jace again?
>>
File: ML_11.png (1 MB, 1036x760) Image search: [Google]
ML_11.png
1 MB, 1036x760
Doubtful. She hasn't exactly been showing signs of recovery. The most recent depiction of her shows her ballroom dancing with a corpse like in Interview With a Vampire.

They didn't even try to ask her for help because they knew she wouldn't give it. Why would she help? What would she personally have to immediately gain? She doesn't care about Zendikar, she doesn't care about the safety of the multiverse, she doesn't really care about anything other than herself.
>>
File: 161757-Lilianas-Refusal-02.jpg (263 KB, 1200x905) Image search: [Google]
161757-Lilianas-Refusal-02.jpg
263 KB, 1200x905
>>46417237
>They didn't even try to ask her for help
Actually, Jace did. She told him to fuck right off. See: http://magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/magic-story/catching-2015-07-22

Looks like she's telling him to fuck off again this block, based on the fact that she's now attacking him with the Chain Veil.
>>
File: akWEyTd.jpg (137 KB, 620x477) Image search: [Google]
akWEyTd.jpg
137 KB, 620x477
>>46417459
>Liliana still has the chain veil

So is Jace totally fucked? Last time she used it it totally ruined Garruk's whole day.
>>
Is there a repository of MTG lore anywhere? It looks pretty interesting, but I can't find any place where its talked about a lot. I heard a wiki got shut down a while ago.
>>
>>46417762
There are threads here every Wednesday to discuss the lore, coinciding with the weekly story being put online.

The lorefags also have an IRC channel, but I can't remember what it is.
>>
>>46417643
Some people think that he's blind in the art of Avacyn's Judgment and Anguished Unmaking, and that it's the result of Liliana fucking him up.
>>
>>46417643
To be fair, that was her transferring the curse that's supposed to affect the Veil's USER. We're not sure how she did that, but the curse that Garruk's under is the same one that caused Ob Nixilis to turn into a demon when he was the one wielding the Veil.
>>
>>46414883
I think you should be more respectful of the good work of the creative department. Jerk.
>>
>>46417824
>There's a weakly story put on online.
This is news to me... I guess that's why it seems so esoteric. Is it just on the mtg site? I can't seem to find it due to my own personal retardation.
>>
>>46414883
yes why not , she will taste the dick of gideon too
>>
Gisela and Bruna: Dead or Redeemed?
>>
>>46417985
http://magic.wizards.com/en/articles/columns/magic-story-archive
>>
>>46418030
>It's in articles/columns instead of game/story.
W-why though?
>>
>>46418067
Because WotC can't into good web design.

The section on Tarkir doesn't even contain all the Tarkir stories, though there is a list in http://magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/magic-story/story-tarkir-block-2015-04-29
>>
>>46418109
My eyes have rolled out of my head and onto the floor.

Also, completely off topic, but has there ever been a gun in MTG? I though Innistrad had flintlock rifles or something but my friend said it was just crossbows.
>>
>>46418182
yes they were only little crossbows no firearms in magic
>>
>>46418182
Only once, in a non-canon set.

http://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Search/Default.aspx?action=advanced&name=+[Alaborn]
>>
>>46417824
>We have an IRC for more conversational discussions and no small amount of fucking about: #mtgwaifulore on irc.rizon.net
Pulled it up from the archive
>>
>>46414883
Did they actually fug? I thought that was a fanship thing.

>>46417237
Good, I love cunt Lili. Having her be a wildcard that may or may not be a hero or a villain is a nice counterbalance to the Jacetice League.
>>
>>46417643
Nope, Hace will use his "thanks wizards" omnipotence to make liliana good
>so boring they actually killed avacyn so something important happens on this block
>Having tits and vagina is the plot armor of wizards, will make liliana good and Nahiri will get out alive of innistrad thanks to that
>>
>>46418404
>Did they actually fug?
Agents of Artifice. She was manipulating him to try to gain control of the Infinite Consortium so that she could hand it over to Bolas in exchange for help getting out of her curses. That didn't end up working out.

Over the course of this manipulation, in addition to banging a teenager over a hundred years younger than her, she also killed all of his friends and attempted to frame Tezzeret for it so that Jace would go after him.
>>
>>46418404
Liliana is the most boring carharacter, the best villian is Ob
>>
>>46418644
Kek

>>46418663
>opinions
>>
>>46418663
How can one man be so right?
>>
>>46418891
U waifu a shit anon
>>
>>46418940
more for me then, obfag
>>
>>46417985
Don't blame yourself. The mtg site hides those stories in ways you'll find incomprehensible.
>>
>>46418663
They're both great because they're different variations on what a mon-black planeswalker villain can be. Liliana is nothing but selfishness and guile while Ob is domination and wounded pride.
>>
When are we actually gonna learn what Bolas' huge fucking plan is? Why did he free the eldrazi?
>>
>>46419251
>When?
Never.
>Why?
Because.
>>
Best waifu material in all Magic lore, fuck wizards that kills all the nice white waifus
>>
File: imsureshellbefine.jpg (84 KB, 500x323) Image search: [Google]
imsureshellbefine.jpg
84 KB, 500x323
>>46418543
>tits is plot armor
:)
>>
>>46419296
Don't worry. She's coming back in Theros 2.
>>
>>46419384
As the first _angel_ walker
>>
>>46419263
>we're never gonna get an end to the eldrazi arc
Fuck you Maro, you lisping kike-faggot
>>
>>46417237
>Why would she help? What would she personally have to immediately gain?
Because she likes Jace for some reason
>>
>>46419450
>first angel walker
I still think Sera counts, even if she wasn't technically an angel.
>>
>>46419506
Lili pls >>>/ss/
>>
>>46419512
I don't think she even took the form of an angel, just...was a walker who liked them a whole lot and was associated with them.
>>
>>46419506
Last time she "liked" Jace it was only to hand over a source of great power over to Bolas. The last time the two of them spoke Jace kept repeating how Lili can't be trusted.

She may or may not want that dick again at some point, but once she gets it she'll drop him faster than /a/ drops anime without incest.
>>
>>46417237
>she doesn't really care about anything other than herself.
Black doesn't equal sociopathic. A human black character still has emotions and feelings, and is able of feeling empathy. If she has feelings for Jace (and the storyline implies she does) there would be no reason she doesn't want to please him so she can bang him some more.
>>
>>46418663
This. I would read a whole book just about Ob going around slapping the shit out of the main characters. No quips, no gloating, no mustache-twirling villainy, no showing off. Just a smart, strong, capable guy.
>>
>>46419595
>She may or may not want that dick again at some point, but once she gets it she'll drop him faster than /a/ drops anime without incest.
Literally pumped and dumped. Poor Jace.
>>
>>46419604
Yeah black doesn't equal that, Liliana does.
>>
>>46419450
Theros doesn't have angels. Closest thing they have are Archons.

They DO have the returned, though. And Elspeth has already made her gold mask. Now she just has to decide to use it.
>>
>>46419595
From what I remember the story still implies she has genuine feelings for him. I mean at some point they were having a dinner date and shit and she would probably have banged him if Gideon didn't pussy-block her with his Zendikar crap.
>>
>>46419667
The implication I got was that she was just there because she needed his help, not because she liked him.
>>
>>46417853
Nah, Jace's eyes have always ben glow-ey like that.
>>
I hate the Jacetice league
I hate the Eldrazi
I hate returning to planes so they can be fucked up.
I just want Marit Lage to be the big bad, but it's not.

Wake me up when we see Muraganda again. Or Rebels.
>>
>>46419667
She may have had plans for Jace that Gideon interrupted by being a dumb meatheat. She got the most upset when Jace just agreed to go with him to Zendikar without even an argument.
>>
>>46419645
It's probably a mistake but the r/w commander from 2015 sometime leads angels into battle even though she's from Theros. Maybe Theros gets angels from Elspeth, because her ult was turning people into angels.
>>
>>46419722
If only you had been playing ten years ago so you could've gotten sick and tired of Dominaria.
>>
>>46419645
And Elspeth spent most of her life on Bant, and lost her cloak - thus leaving her back free for a big ol' pair of wings.
And if she puts on that mask, she won't be a planeswalker, which Wizards won't do because she's too valuable a character as a planeswalker to turn into a soulless, memoryless zombie.
>>
I can definitely picture Liliana having a soft spot for Jace. The reason is Creative has always wanted to explore aspects of black not being evil, and Lili would make a good "good black character". The Gatewatch needs is still missing a color after all.
>>
>>46419645
Elspeth isn't from Theros, so what Theros has is irrelevant.
>>
>>46419752
Dominaria is fine though. It's a better setting than half the planes we've seen since.

The best plane is Lorwyn though. I'd kill for Conspiracy to be set there and not Fiora.
>>
>>46419296
>best waifu
But Anon, that's not Chandra
>>
>>46419645
Doug already confirmed that she won't be a Returned.
>>
>>46419752
That is one thing I'm always thankful about in the new lore: no more dominaria
>>
>>46419798
>Chandra
>Waifu
She'd fuck you and dump you like she did to dozens of her interests because she embodies the worst of Red's personality.
>>
>>46419797
Dominaria is Golarion levels of shit.
>>
>>46419450
You mean as the second __WB__ walker.

WotC will no longer allow non-Origins mono-color walkers to be created. Gideon's the white poster boy, Elspeth's not allowed to steal that thunder of his.
>>
>>46419773
>and Lili would make a good "good black character"
what? no, she'd be a terrible "good" character.
>>
>>46419798
Didn't we just have this thread?

>>46419839
this
>>
>>46419844
Name a better one, then.

>>46419835
Isn't she supposed to be a virgin according to a storyline? Or has it been retconned or something? I don't follow these things that much these days.
>>
>>46419843
>we literally just got Ob Nixilis
Come on, at least come up with something believable.
>>
>>46419773
I don't like her being attached to Jace simply because it's Jace. I'd rather she bang literally anyone else in that case, because Jace is shit and he's the worst protag we could possibly have. And I say this as a blue player. Fuck Jace. Hook her up with Gideon or something. Anything or anyone but Jace. Fuck make the Tumblrinas happy and shack her up with Tamiyo or Chandra or Nissa or something.
>>
>>46419835
Chandra hasn't fucked anyone though, not as far as we're aware. I'm mean, she's cute around Nissa and was this close to a BDSM relationship with Gideon but nothing's confirmed.
>>
>>46419895
Is your hate for Jace based on the number of cards he gets, his flavor text or his actual fiction?
>>
>>46419843
Gideons whole story is that he has a deathwish, he's going to get it and we get to have a much better mono-white walker.

>>46419895
Jace is the best out of the Gatewatch, so he's still shit but he better than the other chucklefucks.
>>
>>46419873
>name a better one
Sorin. That way, the gatewatch would have at least 2 likeable characters instead of being total shit.
>>
>>46419895
I agree with you, but you forgot two things things:
1. Jace is WotC's official self-insert for the nerdy 20-something white male demographic
2. Jace is the most popular character according to market research.
So yes, Jace is going to get Mary Sue levels of attraction. In any case you'd expect someone called the Mind fucking Sculptor to be somewhat decent with the ladies.
>>
>>46419920
Mostly the 2nd and 3rd things. It's to be expected that they will spam new Neowalker cards every set; no point getting buttmad over that.

>>46419924
Eh, I don't think I agree with you. They all suck, but Jace being the protag is just terrible. MtG having a fucking main protag is terrible.
>>
>>46419797
I wish they would use Lorwyn again. The way I would do it is let it keep it's storytale feel, keep it nice and bright and whimsical with a self-contained story that isn't about phyrexians, eldrazi, or bolas with maybe one or two planeswalkers visiting just to see what's going on. The story focuses on the inhabitants of the plane, with legendary cards based on them.

Maybe Oona wants a spark of her own, tries some things, then realizes having a spark is more trouble than it's worth and gives up, content to be the unrivaled master of Lorwyn/Shadowmoor.

I would use the plane as a pallet cleanser between the big important set-piece blocks. I'd also hire a lot of the same artists and designers that worked on the first Lorwyn block.
>>
>>46419941
Sorin's WB, not mono. Also, he's not likeable.
>>
>>46419873
>>46419899
It's just her nature though. In her origin story her room is filled with things she had an interest in, then forgot about.

Her actual sexually exploits don't matter. She's not a good waifu because, as red, she'll drop you the second something better or more interesting shows up.
>>
>>46419958
>im-fucking-plying I could forget the pandering
Yeah right, I wish.
>>
>>46419963
See literally all of the official fiction written for Jace after Khans of Tarkir. He's mountains more likeable than his card text shows him off to be.
>>
>>46419982
>Sorin's WB, not mono
Granted
>Also, he's not likeable.
Whoa. Lets not say something we can't take back, now.
>>
>>46420007
Opinions, mate. We both have them.
>>
>>46419993
Are you literally admitting that you're boring enough that she'd find someone more interesting by the minute? Fucking scrub, you don't deserve a waifu.
>>
>>46419982
Sorin's the best core planeswalker by a longshot
>>
>>46419963
That's true, but I don't think he's going to be the focus of every block, the next one is going to be Liliana and Jace will have brought Sorin and/or Nahiri to Ugin so he can go back to Ravnica.
>>
>>46419993
Note that she never found anything that she was genuinely passionate about. She just burned out on all of those things after a week, or her passion flared up after a lack of interest and caused her to lash out, whether by punching a teacher or accidentally blowing something up.

Give red something it genuinely cares about and it will do anything for the subject of its passions.
>>
>>46419966
This ain't a bad idea, Anon. Lorwyn wasn't my favorite but it was a breath of fresh air, and the game needs that. Sadly the teens and 20s don't agree with you and me, so therefore neither does WotC.
>>
>>46420050
>>46420024
Sorry, who was the planeswalker that just sat back and let Nissa release the Eldrazi during the Zendikar block and watched someone else solve problems on Innistrad the first time and was nothing but a solemn tourist on Tarkir?

Exiling Avacyn is literally the first thing of note he will have ever done in any block. He's boring.
>>
>>46420007
He's better now than most people give him credit, but post-guildpact Jace is such a wenis that I can't help but want a cooler character to stand in front of him.
>>
>>46419843
We not only just got Ob Nixilis, but there's also Tamiyo, who is more monoblue than Jace (who is closer to white/blue than monoblue, and the only reason they don't is because of all the idiots who'll go NOW HE'S PART OF THE AZORIUS if they do)
>>
>>46419966
Seriously. It's such a whimsical setting, with great flavor. Even with Shadowmoor not existing anymore, the setting still has potential. And I agree. Keep it it's own story. People might poke their heads in to see what's happening, but the main draw of Lorwyn was the unique story it was telling with familiar races.

I wouldn't even mind a Lorwyn native getting a spark, even an Elf (which I doubt would happen since Nissa). I just want more sets that arent connected to the bigger story.
>>
>>46419325
Plz, everybody knows wizards hates white, and all it embodies
>>
>>46417237
Why is she that much into corpses though
Seriously
>>
>>46419873
>Name a better one, then.
literally any walker with black in them
>>
File: jma.jpg (30 KB, 223x310) Image search: [Google]
jma.jpg
30 KB, 223x310
>>46420121
Right, pre-guildpact Jace was way better. You're totally correct there.
>>
>>46420040
I'm implying /tg/ users would be very boring to her, yes. Especially given her abilities in general.

She'd be fucking Bubba the Half Orc by sundown.
>>
File: 1445237433987.jpg (4 MB, 1803x6030) Image search: [Google]
1445237433987.jpg
4 MB, 1803x6030
>>46420138
Reminds me of the snowflake days and the various cool Lorwyn/Shadowmoor flakes that were made.
>>
>>46420174
No, pre-guildpact Jace was execrable. Post-guildpact Jace is 10% less execrable.

I went from always disliking Jace to being very very tired of seeing him pop up where he doesn't belong.
>>
>>46420174
Pre-guildpact Jace was execrable. Post-guildpact Jace 10% less execrable.

I went from always disliking Jace to being very very sick of him popping up where he doesn't belong.
>>
>>46420169
They have to be monoblack, faglord. Are you suggesting Wizards will make Ob Nixilis good again?
>>
>>46418663
Liliana is okay, there are plenty worse than her.
Spot on about Ob though.
>>
>>46420205
So you're implying you're less interesting than Bubba the Half Orc?
>>
>>46420109
You don't understand
Sorin suffers of being the right guy but being in the hands of wizards
He always knows the best way to do shit, but there is always another idiot that ruins everything for him.

>goes to zendikar to reaeal the eldrazi but idiot elf hitler breaks the hedrons instead of helping
>goes to look after ugin but finds he's death thanks to fucking bolas, cuz killing the only one who could hurt eldrazi was a good idea
>after restoration of ugin he goes to find Nahiri, but she is just stupidly ruining innistrad instead of actually helping zendikar, so he has to stay and fightfight all the shit going wrong thanks to nahiri hunger of vampiric penis

Being Sorin is suffering
>>
>>46420218
>>46420295
Haha what the fuck? I retyped my post because I thought 4chan ate the first one. I waited like two minutes for it and everything.
>>
>>46420340
To a filthy red character? Yeah. Red has a garbage mentality, Chandra's no exception.
>>
>>46419384
After dack steals her
>>
>>46420356
For the nth time, Sorin genuinely feels guilty for doing something bad regarding Nahiri and obviously did something to antagonize her.

Yes, she's going overboard by trying to blow up Innistrad but he did something to provoke her and he's aware of it. We're not, not yet.
>>
>>46420309
Card colours are arbitrary based on the 'walker's mentality at the time and can be changed relatively easily.

So yeah, we totally could see another monoB sorin. Or hell, a monoB fucking garruk, if they want to try the whole Crovax thing again.
>>
File: GET HYPE.png (757 KB, 820x547) Image search: [Google]
GET HYPE.png
757 KB, 820x547
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0mmx68VmTEo

FUCK LILI AND JACE

OFFICIAL SHADOWS OVER INNISTRAD LORE THEME
>>
>>46420109
>just sat back and let nissa release the eldrazi
Nissa lied to him tho. She said she was gonna help him strengthen the binding spells on the Eye, but instead broke the eye and hoped the Eldrazi Titans would get bored and planeswalk away. Not much Sorin could do about that

>watched someone else solve problems on Innistrad
Sorin gets back to Innistrad after how shitty Zendikar was to find that, in three months, the entire plane has gone mad. Not knowing what the fuck happened, Sorin looks for answers before he finds Tibalt. Realizing that Tibalt could be a huge thread to Innistrad and the multiverse if left unchecked, Sorin focuses on Tibalt first. By the time he's done dealing with Tibalt, the problem on Innistrad miraculously solved itself.

>noting but a solemn tourist on Tarkir
in the first timeline. Not much he could have done, seeing as Ugin was a pile of bones.
In the new timeline, Sorin goes to Ugin's cocoon, breaks it open, and wakes Ugin up.

Sorin did nothing wrong.
>>
>>46420432
This is not the Cleganebowl. Get back to /got/.
>>
File: forsaken sanctuary.jpg (39 KB, 265x370) Image search: [Google]
forsaken sanctuary.jpg
39 KB, 265x370
>>46420432
The set itself chose the soundtrack for this fight, anon.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AtoHEbwCahA
>>
>>46419325
Is Ajani getting sucked into the vacuum of space in this picture?
>>
>>46420441
Sorin's only able to do anything due to the adventures of Sarkhan, the plot-device. Sure, Sorin might be the one that awoke Ugin technically but Sarkhan did all of the busy-work.
>>
>>46418543
I'd be okay if Nahiri turns out good and gets out alive this block, but I want Liliana to be evil.

Hell, I'll trade so that Nakiri is somehow good and survives while Liliana dies like a cunt.
>>
>>46420501
is there a better way to hype than cleganebowl?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=psS2IMFkxKo
>>
>>46420564
What was Sorin supposed to do? Sarkhan went back in time by accident and bumbled along like he knew what he was doing.
Sorin literally did everything that was within his power.
>>
>>46420217
The demon dealing vampire demon dog in the underworld is always the best
>>
>>46420217

>tfw I made one of the "cool" ones apparently
>>
>>46418663
The most boring character is definitely Nissa.

Fuck Nissa.
>>
>>46420575
Mark did let slip that Nahiri is currently acting in what she thinks is the multiverse's best efforts

And Sorin does look kinda guilty in all his cards. He acted that way when Ugin asked where she was (he didn't feel any guilt because guilt came down with a fatal case of being in the way of a millennia old vampire, but it did say it was the first time in a long time he'd felt something similar).

So it is possible, though it's hard to imagine Sorin just letting her walk away after everything she's done.
>>
File: Consider the following.gif (494 KB, 500x374) Image search: [Google]
Consider the following.gif
494 KB, 500x374
What if that flash vision of Zendikar that Avacyn saw that started her madness was Emrakul arriving on the plane.

All the cryptoliths are Nahiri trying to create an Innistrad version of the Hedron network to try and contain Emrakul
>>
>>46420680
Sources?
>also fuck wizards
>>
>>46414883
Chandra's going to fuck Jace.
>>
>>46420702
And she neede to kill all the markovs, subleve the humans, fight Sorin and make innistrad bleed cuz...?
>>
>>46420664
Nissa has an opportunity to redeem herself. She started as a racist, then became a cosmic fuckup, and now she's at least trying to fix her own mistakes. She didn't abandon Zendikar like the oldwalkers did.
>>
>>46420735
It's Innistrad, man. Cults just kind of happen. Are you going to say no to free help?
>>
>>46420762
Her racism was very much retconned away. She cuddled with some boggarts before she even met Sorin.
>>
File: mystic monastery.png (186 KB, 265x370) Image search: [Google]
mystic monastery.png
186 KB, 265x370
>>46420217
>seren
top kek
>>
>>46420795
God, we tore apart that flavor text when it first came out.
>>
File: 1448242437475.gif (2 MB, 230x175) Image search: [Google]
1448242437475.gif
2 MB, 230x175
>>46414883
I love shipping Jace and Liliana, it fills me with joy seeing tumblrfags getting triggered.
>>
File: b02a0ea8dc[1].jpg (217 KB, 786x574) Image search: [Google]
b02a0ea8dc[1].jpg
217 KB, 786x574
>>46420709
The other was on his blog. He did kind of go back and say "Sorry, I misread 'Nahiri' as 'Avacyn'" but who knows.
>>
>>46420825
Why would tumblrfags be triggered? Isn't Liliana that much of a strong independent woman already?
>>
>>46420815
I actually really like the flavor text
>>
>>46420844
Tumblr has accurately identified that Jace was the victim in a pretty fucking horrible abusive relationship.

Liliana genuinely cared about him, yes, she just didn't care about him enough to not kill all of his friends and not manipulate him into getting into a rivalry with Tezzeret so that she could pass the Infinite Consortium back over to Nicol Bolas.
>>
File: 146464756743.png (131 KB, 245x312) Image search: [Google]
146464756743.png
131 KB, 245x312
>>46420844
>muh husbando was abused
>i get extremely emotional over an overrated magic character
>jace is bisexual not straight!!!!

there's also a liliana hater that sometimes post on lore threads
>>
>>46420885
But it's horrid. It's a vapid attempt at fortune cookie wisdom that ends up seeming more smug than wise. I don't picture a wizened monk when I read that, I picture a grinning shitlord kicking a pile of sand in a kid's face.
>>
File: proto shards on Dominaria.png (1 MB, 1561x445) Image search: [Google]
proto shards on Dominaria.png
1 MB, 1561x445
You know what I'm curious, just where are these -Scape things from?
Like I'm thinking these are just mage factions but I'm not sure.
>>
>>46420910
"Serves him right, being a filthy hetero white male!" should say tumblr. Right?

>>46420910
Well that's the point of black. She cares about him, not his friends.
>>
>>46420844
Because I'm sure they want Jace to either end up with some trans-human freak like Kiora, or go full queer with Gideon. If there was a fat and ugly female walker, they might consider that

Tumblr HATES traditional hetero relationships between cis individuals.
>>
>>46420932
>a liliana hater
Gonna go out on a limb and say that there's probably more than one person who doesn't like liliana.
>>
>>46420952
The point is that she doesn't care about him enough to not use him as a puppet for plans that she never tells him about. She feels bad about it, sure - but never bad enough to stop.
>>
File: 174501.jpg (58 KB, 531x471) Image search: [Google]
174501.jpg
58 KB, 531x471
>>46420958
This.
Heavens forbid we have a straight white male character.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (41 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
41 KB, 1280x720
>>46420988
To be fair she was a slave to the Bolas at that time. Aren't we all.
>>
>>46420986
There's a difference between "dislike" and "hate", which translates into a "valid opinion" and "shitposting".
>>
>>46420944
I play a lot of L5R, and that's exactly how I imagine enlightened monks to sound like: grinning, sake-drenched old men who take almost nothing seriously and just goes with the flow.
>>
>>46419783
The fact that she's currently in Erebos's underworld confirms that even planeswalkers follow the theological rules for death of where they are currently, not where they're from.
>>
>>46420932
Have people really forgotten that Tumblr was the land of cultish fandoms and creepily obsessive shippers before it was the land of social justice? And people who don't realize that even now there's still more of the former than the latter?
>>
>>46419296
Elspeth mai Magicfu.
>>
File: apocadisciple.png (797 KB, 1118x310) Image search: [Google]
apocadisciple.png
797 KB, 1118x310
>>46420946
They were factions of mages that existed on Dominaria during the Phyrexian War. Each -scape corresponds with a three-color shard. Just like the wedges used to be Ceta, Dega, Necra, Raka and Ana that were represented during the Apocalypse set.

That block's main theme was multi-color shenanigans.
>>
>>46418182

In Mirrodin, there's one card with a Neurok Sentinel firing some kind of beam rifle, and hoverguards have what appear to be energy guns. But it never came up again.

They do have everything they need to invent them, but presumably magic is just better known.
>>
>>46421172
Yes, but like where on Dominaria are these factions from? As I understand it Dominaria is HUGE because they just kept revisiting the plane and adding more continents to it.
Are they still around? Were they the same as the Shards of Alara places?
>>
>>46421359
Jamuraa, the super-continent that the Invasion block takes place at. The card Urborg Elf provides blue, black and green mana so you could probably assume that Urborg has some ties to Ana/Sultai.

There's no actual lore surrounding any of them. These are just cards and the only background behind them is in their flavor text.
>>
>>46420944
>>46421059
Jeskai were based on taoist monks: the abandonment of emotion and acceptance of asceticism was not necessary for enlightenment. This is why they had R along UW

Compare this to the Ojutai, who were based more on emotionless, ascetic buddhists, and were just UW

side note: I hate it whenever people link 'enlightened monk' and jump straight to buddhism instead of taoism. I'm looking at you, D&D; There is no reason a monk needs a lawful allignment
>>
File: Dominaria2.jpg (198 KB, 800x411) Image search: [Google]
Dominaria2.jpg
198 KB, 800x411
>>46421359
>>46421461
For a map of Jamuraa, see here.
>>
>>46421522
What the fuck is Tolaria doing on a giant compas?
>>
>>46421623
That's where Tolaria is. They just decided to put the compass over it for some reason.
>>
>>46421522
Hm, this has al the places I thought they could be from; I had thought that the Sunscape and Thunderscape factions were from Benalia and Keld.

Dominaria lands seem to have a lot of mana colors possible in any given area. I'm just sad that there isn't any lore like what >>46421461 said and they're just cards.
>>
>>46420680
>Mark did let slip that Nahiri is currently acting in what she thinks is the multiverse's best efforts

And then when questioned about that, said that he'd made a mistake and was talking about Avacyn.
>>
>>46419325
Yeah except we already know he's coming back as undead at SOME point. Maybe by a year, maybe be five, but I'll happen.

So armor still stands. It's just a fake out.
>>
>>46420910
I mean, he was sort of, but that was with a sphinx that mindraped him all the time.
>>
>>46421026
Less 'slave' more 'willing accomplice'
There's kind of a big difference there.
>>
>>46421522
>>46421461
Only the continent in the southeast is Jamuraa, and it was rather specifically NOT part of the invasion, what with Teferi phasing it (and most of Shiv) out to avoid it.
>>
>>46420441
>Sorin did nothing
Fixed that for you.
>>
>>46414883
This chick will suck your dick so hard, your soul cums out of it.
>>
>>46422604
Hes going to be shit kicking your Stoneforged Waifu.
>>
>>46421472
I'm not familiar with taoism. What version of enlightenment do they encompass that the Jeskai were based upon?
>>
>>46421472

Lawful doesn't necessarily mean "always obeys society", they're lawful because their strength comes from dedication to some form of strict regimen, so they have a tendency to be lawful. Also, as of 5e there aren't any alignment restrictions for classes. So I guess DND agreed with you (I do too, personally, though I think most monks should be predisposed towards Lawful tendencies).
>>
File: average_russian.jpg (48 KB, 646x605) Image search: [Google]
average_russian.jpg
48 KB, 646x605
>caring about magic the gathering lore
>>
>>46421461
Urborg also produces Red mana though in the form of slow-burning volcanoes.
>>
So right now, the lore options for Sorin are apparently:
>die
>turn evil
>become the Jacetice League's Black Ranger

What's it gonna be?
>>
Anyone else hope Sorin makes a heroic sacrifice to seal Emrakul in the moon? It would really tie off his character arc well.
>>
>>46423323
But the representation!
We have had a couple black walkers, and a bit more white ones. Now people want to get rid of the only grey one?
That's discrimination.
>>
>>46422820
The easy answer is "Jeskai and Taoists aren't (necessarily) celibate."

The longest answer is that Taoism is much more focussed on 'naturalness,' and the associated spontaniety and creativity (both red emotions), than Buddhism and Confusionism.
>>
>>46421655
>Dominaria lands seem to have a lot of mana colors possible in any given area
because it had a lot of time to be explored/built into a proper setting and wasn't just a caricature based on color pie tropes
>>
>>46423323
pls no
>>
Ugin, Nahiri and Sorin are the three. Not the Eldrazi.
>>
>>46423402
Gotcha, thanks anon. Gonna have to read up on it more, it seems.
>>46423458
I miss Dominaria. So damn badly.
>>
>>46423543
That doesn't even make any sense.
Think before you type.
>>
Whats the connection between the eldritch moon and nahiri's cryptolith water portal?
>>
File: mtg - Keldon-Marauders.jpg (107 KB, 640x511) Image search: [Google]
mtg - Keldon-Marauders.jpg
107 KB, 640x511
>>46423458
Well there does still seem to be a bit of color segregation though; Benalia is mainly White, but also dips into Blue and Green. Making it Bant colors.... if not for a church that is R/W.
The only color it doesn't seem to be is Black.

Urborg and Llanowar could also have this trait as well. (Urborg is U/B/R/G and Llanowar is W/G/R and I'm going to add black due to one zombie.) Which is why I think if we ever do go back to these areas we'll have Shard-Wedge based groups.
>>
>>46423543
>Sorin has to feed on human blood because vampire
>Sorin = consumption = Ulamog

>Ugin has transcended color, also broke the rules of the Multiverse to create a time-travel nexus
>Ugin = distortion = Kozilek

>Nahiri lost her shit at Sorin for no apparent reason, fucked up Innistrad, and turned Avacyn evil
>Nahiri = corruption = Emrakul

I see it.
>>
>>46423305
Solve the problem and leave.

As he's done every other time.
>>
>>46423879
Thing is, Dominaria is huge. Like, if we're talking just large, infuential forested regions you've got Llanowar, Yavimaya and Skyshroud. And they're all quite diverse.

It's too big to just be in one set. Each region had several sets devoted just to exploring that one area, rather than the one block for an entire plane deal we have now.
>>
>>46423879
The only problem I have with this is that I've been told numerous times it is hard to justify four-color factions or groups. Still I think it would make for some really neat lore...
>>
>>46423989
And that's why all of his shit is falling apart at the seams.
>>
>>46424006
Which is probably why we will never ever go back, it's just too massive.
>>
>>46424292
We'll go back when it's time to catch up on the old weatherlight gang. To my knowledge, they should all still be alive and kicking around having adventures and such.
>>
We return to Dominaria but in a roundabout way - we first go back to the places phased out by Teferi and their doomed efforts to live in a dying/cut off plane. On the other side Teferi is doing all that he can to find a way to return his homeland. He is old and decrepit and he want's to be buried in his homeland when he dies.

No new walkers are introduced but we get some pretty strong wizards (teferi's apprentices) and an in-depth look at tolaria and some other places.
>>
File: CobaltGolem.jpg (61 KB, 312x445) Image search: [Google]
CobaltGolem.jpg
61 KB, 312x445
>>46424370
It has been ages. They are all dead.
>>
>>46424370
....no. That's not even slightly true. Karn's the only one left. It's been centuries, man.
>>
>>46424287
But none of that has to do with him solving a problem and leaving. Stuff is falling apart because Nahiri's a cunt. Nothing related to Sorin's problem solving,
>>
>>46424471

Mirrodin's timeline is very contradictory.

But yeah, it's been a long time.
>>
>>46424370
Didn't most of them die in Apocalypse?
>>
>>46424467
Nah, we should go back to find that the empire of Madara has been rebuilt by the same emperor
>>
>>46424475
Tahngarth and squee could conceivably still be alive.

I'd rather they let them rest, though. Jacetice League, Age of Ultronrexia only really needs karn to be there.
>>
>>46424513
Sisay, Squee, Orim, Karn, and Tahgarth survived off the top of my head.
>>
>>46424471

Jhoira is immortal, she's still around somewhere.
>>
>>46424705
Well, yeah, the immortal ones are immortal. But unless I missed something, most of the Weatherlight Crew wasn't.
>>
>>46424514
Wasn't it taken over by dragons anyway?
>>
>>46424824
>Implying Bolas can't deal with nekoru
>>
>>46424663
And that was several centuries ago. Only Karn is left, MAYBE Squee depending on the exact nature of what was done to him.
>>
>>46424935
I'd like to think some unnaturally old Sisay is going to swoop in with the Weatherlight II to save the Jacetice League's ass one day
>>
>>46424935
I'd almost want to see an ancient, wizened tahngarth in any potential time spiral 2.0, but I know wizard's would fuck it up.
>>
I've been out of touch with the lore since the original Innistrad got a terrible ending, only just had my interest reignited by an MtG quest.

Please tell me they haven't totally ruined Best Plane.
>>
>>46425022
Can't. The Weatherlight was only capable of interplanar travel because its engine was powered by an entire plane that had been forced into a crystal. That's no longer available, nor are there any planeswalkers running around with the kind of power to prepare that kind of setup.
>>
>>46425185
Yeah, they did. There were these dragonlords and everything. Complete horseshit.
>>
>>46425185
Ravnica? The return was kind of shitty, but I wouldn't say they ruined it.
>>
File: best smug.png (1010 KB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
best smug.png
1010 KB, 1366x768
>>46425237
>>
>>46425185
You would have still been there for New Phyrexia, man. Why do you even need to ask?
>>
>>46425185
We still didn't return to lorwynn so no.
>>
>>46425185
Well, the Eldrazi are gone, so it should go back to normal sooner or later.
>>
File: HA HA HAA.jpg (67 KB, 617x603) Image search: [Google]
HA HA HAA.jpg
67 KB, 617x603
>>46425237
>>46425266
>>46425318
>>46425358
>>46425387
>>
File: Scornful (egotist).jpg (201 KB, 394x432) Image search: [Google]
Scornful (egotist).jpg
201 KB, 394x432
>>46425318
This
>mfw everything on mirrodin is sucky and grimderp now
>>
>>46425430
What's best plane, then? I'm intriuged.
>>
>>46425185
It's the quest on akun, isn't it?

That guy's writing is great but it annoys me that he didn't let his players pick their plane of origin.
>>
>>46425459
I'm guessing Innistrad, since anyone who plays the game can see that it's being messed up.
>>
>>46425459
dominaria

I hope they never do a return and ruin it after the swan song of time spiral
>>
>>46425653
>dominaria best plane
your opinions are inferior to my own.
>>
>>46420528
he's running towards them, about to dunk on heliod
>>
>>46425459
Innistrad.

>>46425582
His donut steel plane is fine as a jumping point. It means all the canon ones are open to explore.
>>
>>46425723
Innistrad's a shitty plane that's never fit in with the thematics of the rest of the game. Low-magic and only humans and human by-products.
>>
Just god back from the prere. Damn fun set. Easily as good as INN and DarkAss.

What's the lowdown on the story for the set other than Jace solving everyones problems forever and Sorin killing his daughter because his old best bud has an axe to grind?
>>
>>46426047
Nahiri's summoning Emrakul.
>>
>>46424471
>>46424475
>>46424513
I actually meant that we should go back and see what sissay and the crew did with the victory. Fuck the current timeline, I'm more interested in seeing more of my favorite characters.
>>
What if Nahiri is bringing Emrakul over to Innistrad for the express purpose of having a Marit Lage vs. Emrakul smackdown?
>>
>>46425929
Innistrad is great because it didn't fit in with the rest of the game.
It's the same reason I want to see Muraganda as a plane in the next block. Literal Jurassic World would be so different and fantastic. Not every plane is going to be similar in theme, nor should they be.
>>
>>46418182
Airships had molten plasma/energy guns in the Invasion cycle books and card art.
Not exactly cannons and gunpowder, but pretty close.
>>
>>46426264
agreed, the whole point of the plains were to be able to demonstrate different themes and stories, anyway. Things should be different from place to place, not all the same cut and paste bullshit.
>>
>>46426047
>>46426134
This. The story isn't much different than what every /tg/ thread on INN2 has been saying for weeks. Pretty basic and flat.

Nahiri work up and is alive.
Angels are flipping their shit.
Nahiri is raging across the world setting up another bullshit stone network
And targeting the Markov clan
Fish people and other cultists are showing up in bigger numbers
One of the vampire clans has taken to worshipping the sea which sounds kind of neat
Tammy is still on Inn for some weird reason, but its ok because Jace found her and figured out that the stone network points to an ominous circle in the sea
Nahiri is clearly summoning something to the plane, but we don't know what. Current speculation is Set Ruiner Floating Mountain Jellyfish or Giant Frozen Squid Monster WotC Forgot About
Also Sorin kills his daughter figure because something had to "happen" in the set rather than saving it for later
>>
>>46426371
>because something had to "happen" in the set rather than saving it for later
You know, this 'two set only' thing is really starting to bother me.
>>
>>46419773

>Creative has always wanted to explore aspects of black not being evil

They have. Sorin Markov says hi.

And no, he only counts as partially white where Innistrad is concerned. His altruistic side is limited pretty exclusively to that plane, everything else he saves is purely for black reasons.

>>46426047

Nahiri's using lithomancy to do something to Innistrad's mana, focusing it into one area. Most people's money is she's summoning Emrakul to Innistrad, and the art direction seems to indicate that its presence is starting to bleed in.

Whatever's going on, people are going crazy, and it's all being reflected back into Avacyn, who starts hearing "PURGE THE SINNERS" instead of the prayers of humanity and starts killing everything. Sigarda and probably the rest of Flight Heron are now the only things on Innistrad not participating in "let's all gang up on humanity day," which is once again every day of the week and twice on sundays.
>>
>>46419667
She has feelings for him.

It's just that those feelings will ultimately end up coming second to what SHE wants.
>>
>>46426264
The game's called "Magic." It should be about magic. A good solid portion of Innistrad "spells" are just mundane actions, like Skillful Lunge or what have you.
>>
>>46426525
>Humanity before AVR: Man this is pretty spooky. I wish the angels would come back.
>Humanity during AVR: HAHA! SUCK IT FAGS! GLORIOUS GOTH ANGEL SAVIOR IS BACK! YES! BURN THEM ALL!
>Humanity during INN2: OH GOD NO WHY!?

In other news, even though the set is pretty cut and dry I love the fact that they somehow figured out how to give the set feel like we're exploring a mystery and conspiracy... even though it's already concluded.

Investigate will probably be gone next set and if they drop Eldrazi in, that will be twice WotC has completely fucked over the flavor and interesting world that is Innistrad in its last set in the block. They started off so strong again, I'd hate for them to ruin it again.
>>
>>46426653
Are you really complaining about the tightest block, flavour-wise, to come out in ages?

Especially against the clusterfuck that was BfZ
>>
>>46426525
My personal theory about Nahiri is kind of a bet on a black horse, but here goes:
>Nahiri gets fed up with guarding Zendakar and fucks off to figure out what happened to the others.
>finds out the secret of the eldrazi is that sorin didn't discover them; he made them
>only way to make sure he can't make more is by destroying innistrad, where all of sorin's notes and works are
>decides poetic justice is a must; have innistrad destroyed by emrakul, sorins own creation.
>only way to make sure sorin shows up is if she fucks with his vampire family, so she grants them eternal torment for lols
>sorin shows up ready to put down, exactly as nahiri plans
>since it was sorins power that first attracted the eldrazi to zendikar, she begins using a new network to channel the excess energy he's throwing off to bring in the big bitch herself

Now, this is where I can't decide, since my mind has been poisoned with marit lage the last few weeks; what if both of these titans show up? What if ol' Bolas comes as well, eager to suck what power he can from the eldrazi? The only real crapshoot here is what is Nahiri summoning?
>>
>>46426713
Just because Eldrazi are in the set doesn't mean it won't feel like a horror world anymore. Eldrazi are eldritch horrors and the story so far is painting and whatever the enemy is in that light. Zendikar was an action adventure world and the Eldrazi were used as action movie monsters. Innistrad is the horror world, and as SOI has shown they clearly now want to use them to tell a Lovecraftian-style horror story.
>>
>>46426809
BFZ being a clusterfuck doesn't have any impact on the quality of Innistrad as a plane.
>>
>>46426883
You can be in your minority. Innistrad has plenty of magic. Magic is what causes transformations. There aren't any more "action" spells here than anywhere else.
>>
>>46426883
I wasn't saying it does, but it's like complaining that the high-end sushi you ordered isn't a lobster on rib-eye with a side of foie gras after spending seven months eating nothing but Burger King.
>>
>>46426870
I'm willing to bet it won't be one of the titians, but will instead be a sub-titian or something spun out of the eldrazi at one point. Pour that lovecraft innsmouth syrup a little thicker and give us something "fresh" but familiar.

Back in the origional set, I was betting on the moon being a sealed titian with how much emphasis they put on it having strange powers.
>>
>>46426922
>There aren't any more "action" spells here than anywhere else.
I'm not saying I agree with him on Innistrad, but there actually are.
>>
>>46426653
there's a lot of magic on Innistrad, it's just less overt and flashy magic. Raising the dead, inspiring the masses, haunting horrors stalking the night and attacking the helpless humans. All of that is magical and fantastical. If you don't like it, that's fine, but don't say that Declaration in Stone, or From Under the Floorboards, Ever After, or Engulf the shore aren't magical in nature.

if you do, you're just lying, or changing what "magic" is.
>>
Surprised that outside of Transformation which, like hybrid mana, is an "as use" if it makes sense in the setting, no mechanics returned.
Hope curses come back though. Those where a fun little sub mechanic.
>>
>>46423792
The cryptolith circle encompasses the reflection of the moon on the sea. My opinion is that either she's trying to seal something in the moon, or trying to release something trapped inside using a symbolic ritual. She'll accomplish this by moving a massive amount of mana through her cryptolith network to the Nephalian site when the moon is directly overhead.
>>
>>46426944
Personally I'm pretty sure it's just plain Emrakul. People aren't used to serial storytelling in Magic so I think most people think it's too soon, but if they want to tell a continuous, interconnected story, it makes sense to continue the Eldrazi thread until something else pops up. Maybe Bolas or the Phyrexians or something at the end of the block to distract the characters away from Innistrad after Emrakul disappears into the Blind Eternities again, for example.
>>
>>46427041
Madness was a returning mechanic. Delirium is also really just Threshold and I think they said had been Threshold for a while too but technically yeah it is new.
>>
Its Marit Lage

emrakul is going to be saved as a new "mega threat" reason in a future block to keep him relevant. Marit Lage is a huge fan favorite that people have been dying to see come back
>>
>>46427128
Also there is "a" curse in the set. But it's a transform creature that turns into one so.
>>
>>46427138
There is absolutely nothing pointing to only Marit Lage. There's plenty of things that can only point to Emrakul/Eldrazi.
>>
>>46427138
It'd be funny if it turned out Nahiri was summoning yawgmoth back from the dead, huh?
>>
>>46427138
>Marit Lage is a huge fan favorite
I'm willing to bet the vast majority of Magic fans playing right now don't know what Marit Lage is.
>>
>>46427187
>>46427205

I believe one of the biggest reasons why the speculation for Marit Lage is so prevalent is because of the Mad Prophet hints from the original Innistrad set. "steps like thunder" (just like in Marit Lage's old cards), hinting at it being a woman with 5 legs, and the use of eldritch honestly makes it a bit too coincidental to be written off.
>>
>>46427128
meant returning mechanic introduced on the plane the first time. Like Landfall.
Was really hoping Morbid would come back, but the set works very well without any returns and feels very much like the original still.

Also Madness and Threshold2 being in the same set gives me flashbacks to Odyssey which was the set I started on which makes me like my favorite plane even more.

>>46427138
Kind of what I'm hoping, but I jut know it's not going to be Lage. She's too similar to Emrakul. Something new would be great though.
>>
File: engulftheshore.jpg (37 KB, 265x370) Image search: [Google]
engulftheshore.jpg
37 KB, 265x370
>>46427187
This is tentative, I know, but the madness and mutation of Innistrad has been in UBR. Those are Lage's colours. Also, a focus on the sea rather than the sky, plus the art on this.

>>46427207
I think you could've said the same thing about Phyrexia with Scars block. Still, Lage is too minor to be a likely candidate. I'd like it to be her, but my money's on Emrakul or something novel.
>>
>>46427272
If Mad Prophet's flavor text had been relevant, it would have been reprinted with the same or q reference to it. But it has totally irrelevant flavor text. And what does Eldritch have to with anything? Eldrazi are as much Eldritch horrors as Marit Lage.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 31

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.