[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Jumpchain CYOA Thread #768: Won't Get Fooled Again Edition
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 62
File: 1442013359136.pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
1442013359136.pdf
1 B, 486x500
>Google Drive
https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B20r6rsFLOg_Zk5RdVdya3hJNnc&usp=sharing

>Jumpchain IRC Chat
http://client00.chat.mibbit.com/?server=rizon.mibbit.org&channel=%23JumpchainCYOA

https://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.net/?#JumpchainCYOA

>Rules
http://pastebin.com/Gqj3iKyn

>How to Jumpchain
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1qb0_OLhDrDNjZmRG02SDFaRVk/view

>Last Thread
>>46399435
>>
wow, nearly page 10 without posts
>>
File: 1237622384752.jpg (55 KB, 226x179) Image search: [Google]
1237622384752.jpg
55 KB, 226x179
So, folks. I've got a predicament.

I really want to start doing things with a specific water. A water from City of Heroes, that when one imbibes it apparently will obtain all manners of abilities and powers. http://paragonwiki.com/wiki/Well_of_the_Furies

Except as the link so blatantly and kindly points out, those who imbibe the waters... ...kind of get fucked by being linked to the Well, to be controlled at any time. This is not something I wish to have happen, and I need some suggestions to be able to sever this link, or even remove the sentience of the waters. Yes this is my wanting to have my cake and eating it, but I figured it was worth a shot to at least ask here.
>>
>>46413449
You always just pick up immunity to mind control. If the well has some kind of soul or spiritual presence, you can also attack that directly to destroy it.
>>
>>46413489
Attacking/destroying the soul seems... really immoral as hell, not gonna lie. Plus it sounds petty?

At the same time, even if I did pick up a 'immune to mind control' perk, that does absolutely nothing for anyone else I may want to empower with it. So that's only a minor stopgap measure.
>>
>>46413528
It seems kinda evil though, I can't say I feel anything's wrong with attacking the soul of an evil being.
>>
>>46413449
>http://paragonwiki.com/wiki/Well_of_the_Furies
>The Slow Path
>See also: Incarnate System
>The slow path of gaining Incarnate powers from the Well is one where the user gradually gains power instead of being granted a large amount of power all at once. Individuals who take this path have no risk of being controlled by the Well, because the link to the Well itself is weaker. However, individuals taking this path may still be tempted by the power of the Well and swayed onto the fast path, tying their fate to that of the Well's.
>This is the path that players take when progressing through the Incarnate System.

>>
>>46413449
Well, the Wiki points out that there's a slow path to gaining the powers of the Well that doesn't cause one to be controlled by the Well. But if you're looking for ways to get power fast and still keep your mind...

= Mind Blank + Permanency from Forgotten Realms would do it. Might even be able to swing a discount if you research a version of Mind Blank that only works on this specific effect.
>>
>>46413550
Yeah, see you found the very crux of the issue:
>However, individuals taking this path may still be tempted by the power of the Well and swayed onto the fast path, tying their fate to that of the Well's.
Would YOU want such a risk just casually lying around? I don't. Just going "lol I'll be careful and nothing wrong will happen" isn't cutting it for me. Hence I want to nip this problem in the bud.
>>
>>46413449
Was their a villain equivalent to this thing?
>>
>>46413577
That's not what you asked, though. The wiki is basically saying "grabbing power might make you want more power/power faster, and then you'll go and do stupid things to get it" where you're asking "how can I get power without doing stupid things?" Just don't do stupid things. I don't know what else to tell you.
If you don't want to break your limbs, don't jump off buildings, even if it is quicker than climbing down.
>>
>>46413449
You could also modify the PAK from Invader Zim into something smaller by pulling out a lot of the extra features and just keeping the Backup Brain/Personality bits of it. Should only be something the size of a few computer chips with sufficiently advanced technology.

Then, whenever the Well tries to take control of a person, the Backup Personality stops auto-updating from the brain and simply runs from that point on. And when the Well releases control because it realizes all it can do is scream to a "mute" meatsack, the Backup Personality updates the brain manually.
>>
>>46413561
are you certain that forgotten realms magic works like that?, I was under the impression mind blank is a psychic power , and permanency is a spell.
>>
>>46413561
>Mind Blank + Permanency from Forgotten Realms would do it.
I wouldn't count on it. There are ways to bypass or remove mind blank even in D&D, let alone beyond it when you're hooking yourself up to the stuff.
>>
>>46413731
>I was under the impression mind blank is a psychic power
It's not, that's Psionic Mind Blank. Psionics is better at dealing with it, though.
>>
Checking in to see if anyone has called dibs on a Keys to the Kingdom jump, and if not I'm announcing I'm going to attempt to make one.
>>
>>46413731
Mind Blank is an 8th Circle Arcane Spell, not a psychic power. It /might/ also be a psychic power, but I don't know. I never delved into the psychic powers of Dungeons and Dragons.

>>46413733
There are, true, but they aren't very common. Dispel Magic would get rid of Permanency, but then you'd still have a 24 hour (minus a minute or two) buffer as the Mind Blank spell runs down naturally. Mind Blank is INSANELY hard to remove, basically only yielding to one high level spell in the 3.5 books. Even Miracle and Wish are specifically mentioned as not working against it.

http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/mindBlank.htm
>>
>>46413797
The Garth Nix series? Sweet. Excellent work, anon.
>>
File: sllliiiiiiiiiiide.jpg (198 KB, 1000x450) Image search: [Google]
sllliiiiiiiiiiide.jpg
198 KB, 1000x450
Sly Cooper

Mesa City, USA
Stag
The Muscle 50
Light Footed 150
Ninja Spire Jump 250
Guts
Guns 300
Real Guns 400
The Jumper! 700
Binocucom
Calling Cards
Iconic Item
Armed and Dangerous
Mask of the Dark Earth 1500
Shell Shocked Heart 1300
Fiendish Five 1000

This one is dangerously furry. Pretty funny that interpol are an important faction though, seems like this sort of thing would be a lot less grounded in reality.

I like the jump and the Muscle was the standout background for me.

Decided to be a Stag as the perks I took made me really large and built so I figured certain animals don't fit. Couldn't see many birds from the game so didn't go for magpie (muscle magpie being far too weird anyway) and the black cat I was in Courage the Cowardly Dog really wouldn't look right with a lot of muscles. Went for Stag as my secondary spirit animal due to my liking of antlers.

Light Footed and Ninja Spire Jump lets me walk near silently and more importantly be unaffected by my weight when running around. This is really great as it lets you stay heavy most of the time while not suffering the drawback. Given the amount of strength boosts based on weight and having weight behind punches and so on this can only really be a good thing.

Guts and Guns makes me big and muscly. Don't know if the big stomach is optional or not. Mentions girth but hopefully the rest is all proportional.

Real Guns is a general 'better at all weapons' perk which is nice enough.

The Jumper! gives me a strength, durability and endurance boost depending on my confidence and willpower. Got enough willpower perks to make that one worth taking.

Rest are freebies which are all pretty nice, particularly like the Calling Cards.
>>
>>46413647
Not that I'm aware of. It was basically this 'above good and evil' sentience, though considering it favored an alternate universe which had literal Thought Police and a totalitarian regime that would make Orwell cry, that should say something.

>>46413696
>>46413561
And if you looked at my post >>46413528 I mentioned I've got a concern for anyone else I may expose it to. This isn't just some 'me and only me, fuck everyone I want to be a power hog' cartoon bit, I'm trying to find a way to use it to help OTHER people who don't necessarily have the same protections. Though if it's just going to be met with "the only cure for retardation is not to be a retard" then I might as well just throw the water out and use something else.
>>
>>46413913
Mask of the Dark Earth is a nice size boost and it's multiplicative rather than a standard range so probably stacks ridiculously with some of the other size boosts from around the place. Comes with a massive increase in durability and strength as well. Will probably try and make it a bit more loyal, may combine it with a more loyal object from somewhere but given the previously mentioned willpower boosts it shouldn't be too much to deal with as is.

Shell Shocked Heart means I'm going to get betrayed by one of my teammates. They'll probably betray me to the Fiendish Five who have an item that I desperately want to get back. Depending on when the betrayal happens it's probably going to be a bummer but not a massive deal. Probably going to be some murder on top of the thieving.
>>
>>46413808
Just off the top of my head, AMF and Dead Magic Planes or Zones, Dispelling the Mindblank, Shatter Mindblank, Necrotic Cysts, Dread Witch, Metafaculty, Disjunction, a custom researched spell bypassing Mindblank (possible, given the precedent), or of course Epic Magic.
>>
>>46413970
>possible, given the precedent
Precedent is only for dispelling it, not sidestepping it. Bit of a different method.
>>
>>46413970
>>46413808
Oh, and the Miracle/Wish exemption only works "when they are used in such a way as to affect the subject’s mind or to gain information about it", using them to get rid of the Mind Blank or replicate something else that can works fine.
>>
>>46413986
>Precedent is only for dispelling it, not sidestepping it.
No, because of the mentioned Metafaculty, Dread Witch or Necrotic Cysts.
>>
>>46413449
All I can think of is that theoretically a Wish spell could do it, well breaking the mind control seems pretty straight forward with a Wish spell, but a permanent effect of preventing further mind control is a bit more complicated. Really though that's just that spells like Protection from Evil create a barrier that blocks any attempt at mind control from anything of the given alignment. So theoretically you could use wish to place a barrier around the well itself that prevents it from preforming the mind control. Though you would also need to permanency that wish.
>>
>>46413931
>>And if you looked at my post...
Well then, if you'd don't like the magical route of things (because Mind Blank and Permanency can both be used on other creatures), might I suggest >>46413707 ?

>>46413970
In order:
+ AMF - No clue what you're referring to.
+ Dead Magic Planes or Zones - Look, everything is going to have a weakness or two..
+ Dispelling the Mindblank - Again, one specific spell, Mage's Disjunction, is the only thing that can do this directly. Even Miracle and Wish are barred from doing so, because this would require both to replicate a 9th Circle spell, which neither can do.
+ Shatter Mindblank - Refers specifically to psychic versions of Mindblank, not the Arcane version.
+ Necrotic Cysts - Wow, I'd forgotten that book even existed. I don't really see what a spell that gives penalties to saves against Necromancy spells could do against the fact that Mind Blank flat does resists mind-altering effects entirely.
+ Dread Witch - I see nothing in that Prestige class that talks about working around a Mind Blank, only giving greater DCs to the caster's fear spells.
+ Metafaculty - That's another, even more specific, spell that can see past Mind Blank, I'll give you that. Unfortnatelly, for the purposes of the conversation about resisting mind-altering effects, it is not valid.
+ Disjunction - Once more, everything is going to have a weakness or two. I've mentioned this one twice now.
+ A custom researched spell - I really don't think the Well is going to be able to do this, but I could be wrong. In which case, I still propose the altered PAK idea I had above.
+ Epic Magic - That's basically cheating. Epic Levels never have been well handled in Dungeons and Dragons.
>>
>>46414042
>Metafaculty
Make an epic mindblank. It's specifically beaten by epic spells.
>Dread Witch
>Necrotic Cysts
I'm reading these, but as far as I can tell it doesn't bypass mindblank, at least not in the sense of blocking people from scrying or controlling your mind. The first is just about empowerment from fear and the second just makes you weak to undead (and can't be removed magically which is dumb but irrelevant)
>>
>>46413797
...isn't the seventh book gonna make that a little hard?

If you can, I'd love it, but the stuff that ends up happening might make it unworkable. The whole universe getting rewritten, having the power to become a totally omnipotent god, etc.
>>
>>>46409731
Quoting this in the new thread as I would also like to know the answer. Hopefully SMT Anon is still with us and will pop-up in this thread.
>>
>>46413931
Might it be possible to extract the magic to yourself and graft it to others with Magitek Mastery in universes where this well doesn't exist? Can't control anyone when it's frozen in time, and the energy was sourced from you and grows within their own bodies, not an outside source.
>>
>>46413561
Or just wear an amulet of protection against whatever. Those come with immunity to mind control.
>>
File: 6f20a76241a39a421913b14fcd87c274.png (743 KB, 1100x1494) Image search: [Google]
6f20a76241a39a421913b14fcd87c274.png
743 KB, 1100x1494
>>46414403
True enough. I always forget the Protection spells are an option. Protection against Chaos or Evil would probably work against the Well. Still, it's a fairly low-level protection that's easier to get around than Mind Blank and Permanency. Cheaper to set up initially though.
>>
>>46414340
Man, you guys posted like a minute after I went to sleep.

I was going through the old thread in case I missed any more SMT questions, sorry.

Anyway, you mutate demon stuff, but it's a feature He put into your body.
>>
>>46414449
I don't think that Permanency can be used on mindblank. IIRC it can only be used on a handful of spells.
Of course, house ruling that arbitrary limit away or just making a magic item with it isn't unreasonable.
>>
>>46414268
I'm considering a few different ways to work around that issue:
1.) If you become the New Architect your chain ends with local omnipotence and a universe sized sandbox being your consolation prizes.

2.) Due to your nature as a jumper you're technically not mortal and thus don't fulfill the criteria laid out by the Will. You can't become the rightful heir and even with all 7 keys you would max out at crazy powerful rather than omnipotent.

3.)EndJump option of some-kind. Maybe you take Arthur's place in the story sans your powers and gain your spark upon becoming the New Architect?
>>
>>46414502
It is true that the book only states certain options for Permanency, but it's not much of a stretch to adapt the EXP and Minimum Caster Level to other spells. The Fortress Building Handbook had multiple occasions where they did just that, albeit to spells linked to locations and the like. It's really not much of a house rule in that regard, especially not when you toss Jumpers into the mix.

Making it a magic item would probably be the best route if you wanted to work strictly inside the rules. You could even pay 50% more to have it not take up an "item slot" and embed it under your skin if you're really dedicated.
>>
is there any jumps that give you a house that travels to other jumps with you
>>
>>46414592
Gravity Falls, Darkest Dungeon, The Dresden Files, Animal Crossing, Final Fantasy XIV, and The Demon Kings Estate from Demon King Daimao.
>>
File: law.gif (21 KB, 318x472) Image search: [Google]
law.gif
21 KB, 318x472
>>46414497
Thank you, SMT is looking to be very fun. I am so looking forward to spreading the Holy Law of my Father.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gdOVl4rt8cQ
>>
>>46414588
Goddamn that's a huge cat. Apart from Alice in Wonderland and presumably Toriko where are the biggest felines I should be afraid of?
>>
>>46414713
Narnia.
>>
>>46414713
Dresden Files.

And I'm not talking about Cait Sith.
>>
>>46414713
Monster Hunter, Lost Valley of the Dinosaurs and Naruto.
>>
>>46414713
Animorphs
>>
>>46414713
Elder Scrolls, maybe. Some Khajiit are quadrupedal.

>>46414752
If I shaved your mane off, would you die?
>>
>>46414927
>Some Khajiit are quadrupedal.
Don't forget to mention that the biggest is twice the size of a horse. And still sapient, mind.
>>
>>46414713
Oh, and Digimon.
>>
File: Aberrant_Featured.jpg (61 KB, 640x331) Image search: [Google]
Aberrant_Featured.jpg
61 KB, 640x331
So jumpers, if I wanted to go around starting a "age of heroes" on any mundane world I come across what should I do in order to make some way of giving random people random superpowers? I could give people the Force, but I want more variety.
>>
>>46414197
>AMF - No clue what you're referring to.
Antimagic Field.

>Look, everything is going to have a weakness or two..
Yes, that is the point.

>Dispelling the Mindblank - Again, one specific spell, Mage's Disjunction, is the only thing that can do this directly.
...No? Any dispel (psionics) can, though the most basic dispel will find it tough.

>Shatter Mindblank
My bad, that one's a common houserule with transparency in play.

>Necrotic Cysts
You can stick them in people to Dominate and so on without worrying about immunity to mind effecting. Probably the best analogy to what Red was trying to do, too, given it involved shoving Well stuff in them to give them powers.

>Dread Witch
They can use Fear effects through immunity to mind effecting, which is what Mindblank grants.

>Unfortnatelly, for the purposes of the conversation about resisting mind-altering effects, it is not valid
It does give precedence to bypassing Mindblank, via psionics at that (probably the closest D&D analogy to what the well is using, especially since you mentioned FR).

>That's basically cheating.
Well, if you think saying powerful enough spells can punch through it is cheating when talking about using it to protect you from a massively powerful entity that gives out superpowers to entire factions as the weaker effect that tempts people into getting actual power from it directly... I dunno what to tell you.

>>46414713
>where are the biggest felines I should be afraid of?
Worm. Because Scion is a huge pussy.
>>
File: sgrub.png (6 KB, 594x675) Image search: [Google]
sgrub.png
6 KB, 594x675
>>46414829
Hello, Sburb guy here?

I'm looking at Troll perks right now. Wondering if I should put Rainbow Drinkers in at the 400cp point or not. Would mean the robotics perk gets shifted from Highblood to Strider/Lalonde.

Also, anything I should be sure to include?
>>
>>46415043
Conduit powers from Infamous are genetic, just make a virus that implants that gene in people using Geneforge and/or Resident evil.
>>
>>46415074
>You can stick them in people to Dominate and so on without worrying about immunity to mind effecting
Wrong. Necrotic Cysts ONLY bypass protection from evil effects. They do not bypass protection from mind control effects.

>Dread Witch can use fear effects.
Can't bypass the scrying or mind reading defenses, dear.
>>
File: Kyufey.png (70 KB, 509x549) Image search: [Google]
Kyufey.png
70 KB, 509x549
>>46415043
Aura (and thus eventually Semblances) from RWBY, the Arrowhead from JoJo (warning, below-par candidates might die, side effects include fabulousness and posing), genetic modifications from Geneforge or Commoragh, sufficient Dust exposure from Endless Legend (warning, might be some fatalities), handing out magical items from all kinds of places (including ones you've produced), seeding Shinsoo from Tower of God, contracts, throwing out stuff like Lyrium (warning, side effects include addiction, madness and death) from Dragon Age or Materia from FF or whatever.
>>
>>46415043
Worm Vials. You only get five per jump (I think), but other powers will continuously bud off of those five and then those powers will do the same, etc. etc.
>>
>>46415299
>throwing out stuff like Lyrium (warning, side effects include addiction, madness and death)
That's about as likely to grant powers as throwing radioactive waste at people is in real life.
>>
>>46414829
>>46415093
Or maybe just make it a General perk?
>>
>>46415093
it was my understanding that rainbow drinkers were fictitious.
>>
>>46415299
You might want to be real fucking careful giving out Stands. You do not want to end up blindsided by some random schmuck getting King Crimson, Killer Queen, or something. Jojo stands can get unexpectedly crazy.
>>
File: 29990-4426-33337-1.jpg (43 KB, 400x612) Image search: [Google]
29990-4426-33337-1.jpg
43 KB, 400x612
hmmm as far as giving random powers to random people though I might as well sneak peak the jump I have planned after tmnt.

You are a massive dick if you let the Wild Card virus lose on a planet though, you would kill thousands of people and horribly mutate most of the survivors, although I may offer a better version of the virus as a item, it still would kill a lot of people.
>>
File: my life as a sexy teenage golem.jpg (589 KB, 2000x2702) Image search: [Google]
my life as a sexy teenage golem.jpg
589 KB, 2000x2702
>>46413913
Soul Calibur

Water Mills Valley
17 years old
Golem 300
Deliverance 400
No Remorse, No Pain
Unblessed Soul 1000
Evil Reborn 1400
Born From Chaos 1500
Wardrobe Malfunction 1300
Pavor Nocturnus 1000

Really surprised I hadn't done a build for this already. Also noticed the 2 drawback cap which I'm pretty sure I've not noticed more than once.

Rolled 17 years old, seem to be really young or really old most of the time. The age roll is either ignored due to being a recently made Golem or I was made out of 17 year old parts or something.

Deliverance lets me shake off corruption which is useful as I might as well try to get one of the top weapons.

No Remorse, No Pain is nice as I'm not sure if I've actually got any anti-pain equivalents in organic forms, know I picked one up in Terminator but I'm not sure whether it'd work when I'm not a terminator.

Evil Reborn I figure is worth taking regardless. I figure my core is going to get any buffs to durability I get as it's a pretty fundamental part of me and I don't want something like having my head cut off doing me in.

Drawbacks are Wardrobe Malfunction which means my clothes fall off and Pavor Nocturnus which as mentioned in a previous run doesn't really matter if you don't sleep.

Plan is to run through the wall/go rogue almost instantly, try and find the Soul Calibur/Edge and sleep around a lot. Not even sure what I'd do with the Soul blades.
>>
>>46415231
>Wrong. Necrotic Cysts ONLY bypass protection from evil effects. They do not bypass protection from mind control effects.
False. Reread the spells, paying attention to the descriptors. Or, rather, descriptor...

>Can't bypass the scrying or mind reading defenses, dear.
It really doesn't have to, it's just another example of something that gets through it. I've already provided an example of another power that does bypass the scrying, spells that bypass the protection from control, a power level that cuts straight through the spell, a number of spells, powers and local Weave conditions that remove the effect entirely... At this point, you're wanking the spell so hard even Spacebattles would tell you to slow down. Well, ok, probably not that last bit.
>>
File: tumblr_mzf2kgeMXU1r9ee9go5_1280.png (177 KB, 600x500) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mzf2kgeMXU1r9ee9go5_1280.png
177 KB, 600x500
>>46415043
I would recommend creating a Resident Evil Virus to Spread Harry Potter Magic, Begin Awakening Peoples Aura, Distributing the Strange Formula from MCU, using Synchronity Event to give people psychic abilities, Taking the Arrowhead and the Ability to Awaken Hammon in Jojo, use the Escafil device to give people Animorphing, give people Cauldron Vials from Worm, Awaken their Dark Souls Pyromancy Flame, Teach them Shinsoo, Planting the Mana Tree from Legend of Mana, and give them Groupthink from Alpha Centauri.
>>46415093
That sounds like it would make sense, given Dirk's Tendencies toward making robots.
In terms of things to include:
Perks:
Perk Based on Doc Scratches Planning Abilities, presumably named either S U C K E R S or Right on Cue.
A perk which gives you a copy of the Homestuck Soundtrack or your own theme song.
A Perk to let you know what you are doing when it comes to Alchemization.
A Grimdark Perk, Discount Strider/ Lalonde.
A Perk for finding your way through Weird Time Shit.
Items:
A Copy of ~ATH - A Handbook for the Imminently Deceased, which lets you use ~ATH in other worlds, discounted for either Lowbloods or Drop In.
A Tablet with Homestuck on it, a great guide for what not to do.
A Magic Cue Ball.
Some Fenestrated Walls with the Space in between changing to the current worlds afterlife, discounted for either Harley/English or Strider/Lalonde.
Liv Tyler/ Bunny in a box.
Drawbacks:
Constantly Falling Down Stairs.
Not Believing in Magic, and being really obnoxious about it.
Sweating Constantly and being kind of Creepy.
>>46415467
Kanaya is a Rainbow Drinker in Canon. Pic Somewhat Related.
>>
>>46415467
Nope, Kanaya becomes one. Appears to be a Jade blood thing.
>>
>>46415093
Can I ask you why Gemini is so shit?
>>
>>46415508
>False. Reread the spells, paying attention to the descriptors. Or, rather, descriptor...
>Once a necrotic cyst is implanted, spells that manipulate the cyst and its bearer are no longer thwarted by protection from evil.
This is the only relevant line. Methinks you need to go back and re-read it, because your memory is faulty.

>Spells that bypass scrying and protection.
False. You have supplied spells that dispel it, not bypass it.
>>
>>46415418
Well, it works for the Templars. Kind of. Then there's the Lyrium Wells, Enchantment Runes, Golems, and so on.
>>
>>46415544
>This is the only relevant line.
Holy shit, are you blind, or just trying to D&D without knowing how the rules work?
>NECROTIC DOMINATION
>Necromancy [Evil]
This isn't exactly obscure shit here, anon. That would be stuff like Nightmare Spinner's adaptation, which is also suggested to work right through it.

>that dispel it, not bypass it.
Metafaculty: punches through scrying protection.
Necrotic Cyst+Dominate: bypasses mental protection.
Dread Witch: punches through mental protection.
AMF + psionic (mindreading/domination/scrying/whatever): supresses and bypasses protection.
Epic Spells: punch straight through all of its protection.
Anything custom-made to get through it, using precedent of all the other stuff that works through it: take a wild guess where this is going.
>>
>>46415509
Forgot a Drawback
Null Session: Changes the Ending from the end of the game to 10 Years due to being unwinnable, have to deal with skeletal and ridiculously durable enemies which don't drop much grist and a very boring session.
>>
Whats the most ill advised thing you have done jumpers?
>>
>>46415705
>NECROTIC DOMINATION
>Necromancy [Evil]
The cyst ONLY dispels DEFENSES that are protection from evil. Only. Mind Blank is not predicted on working through protection from evil. Thus the cyst does not bypass it. Do you understand?

>Metafaculty
Breaks through.
>Dread Witch
Only for fear effects.
>AMF
Breaks through.
>Epic Spells
Breaks through.
>Anything custom made to get through.
Only Metafaculty has suitable precedent, and it can't touch an epic version you could also create. That's the issue with you dreaming up new epic versions of spells, I can too.

I don't think you understand the difference between something dispelling it and something bypassing it. The first shatters the effect. The other sneaks around while leaving it up. There's a different I pointed out to you that you ignored.
>>
>>46415509
>>46415731
Alright, seems about right to go with Dirk, yeah. Almost got all the troll perks done now then... just need a Highblood 100. And maybe I need to double up on some tiers, considering how quickly I filled in these 8 perks...

Those suggestions all seem pretty good, yes. Will try and incorporate those. Not sure yet where to put S U C K E R S/Right on Cue. Either just Strider/Lalonde to go with Dirk and Rose? Or undiscounted, to keep it closer to the Doc.

>A Copy of ~ATH - A Handbook for the Imminently Deceased
What was ~ATH capable of again? It unleashed a curse/blew up a computer and summoned Lord English, but did it do anything else?

>a great guide for what not to do.
So true.

>>46415518
You can, but I have no answers for you.
>>
>>46415753
Wretched Egg.
>>
>>46415802
Undiscounted seems good. As for ~ATH It is generally good for dying curses and your last will, and it might help to either have extra lives from other Jumps or use it to give your minions a swan song.
>>
>>46415765
>The cyst ONLY dispels DEFENSES that are protection from evil. Only. Mind Blank is not predicted on working through protection from evil. Thus the cyst does not bypass it.

>Literally looking at the relevant portion of the spell
>Still can't see why Mind Blank doesn't work
Ok, you could have just said you've never actually played a 3.5 game that involved any [Mind-Affecting] spells or abilities focused on blocking them. Here's a hint, stop trying to argue rules for a game you don't know.
I'm done here.
>>
File: 1364229969910.png (265 KB, 504x479) Image search: [Google]
1364229969910.png
265 KB, 504x479
>>46415802
>You can, but I have no answers for you.
I just can't handle it. Some of the other zodiac have cool characters, at least one, but every single Gemini is such shit. Some of the worst in the entire series. Why. Why this.
>>
>>46415854
You aren't offering up a counterargument. You're saying 'nuh uh you're wrong!' You seem to think a spell that lets you ignore effects that ONLY protect from evil, will let you ignore all defenses. That isn't how it works no matter how much you shout at me.
>>
File: 47568298ce1dbef3cbab79a94099ad79.png (460 KB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
47568298ce1dbef3cbab79a94099ad79.png
460 KB, 1920x1200
>>46415753
I tried to shoot the Jump Coordinator.
... It did not have a pleasant reaction to the attempt.
>>
>>46415885
No, I'm telling you it doesn't NEED to let you ignore all defences, because Mindblank DOESN'T DEFEND AGAINST IT IN THE FIRST PLACE.
>>
>>46415926
But it does. Mindblank protects you from Domination.
>>
>>46415856
Not all Geminis are shits, i mean there's-

No on second thought Genion's evolution to Geminion was kinda poor and SRW Z3 wasnt that good of a game.
>>
>>46415961
I meant in Homestuck, but you are also correct in pointing out Gemini in EVERYTHING EVER sucks.
>>
>>46415753
I became Marisa's meido in Touhou and then since she became a companion, she ended up becoming the focus of my build.

Now for every jump I take into account what shinies she is going to try and steal, how many people she is going to piss off, and how many people are going to feel sorry for me.
>>
File: Kung-Fu Panda.pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
Kung-Fu Panda.pdf
1 B, 486x500
Rough draft pdf of the KFP jump, mostly I just want people to look at the perks and see if there are any problems with them.

Need to add companion options, items, and drawbacks.
>>
File: Geminiman.png (436 KB, 621x759) Image search: [Google]
Geminiman.png
436 KB, 621x759
>>46415980
Fight me.
>>
>>46416035
I did. I won.
>>
>>46415980
I mean to be fair I dont keep track of character birthdays so Im willing to hope there's a possibility that we're wrong but at the same time

>The Gemini Zodiart in Kamen Rider Fourze
Man I remember that not being a good set of episodes, then again they were rushing the last set of Horoscopes before the end so that can probably get brushed off
>>
>>46415940
No, it protects you from mind effecting spells and effects, which Domination is but Necrotic Domination and Necrotic Tumour are not.
>>
File: star trek cookies.jpg (69 KB, 600x439) Image search: [Google]
star trek cookies.jpg
69 KB, 600x439
>>46415497
Star Trek

Command 100
Vulcan
Adjutant
Scientific Mind 200
Logistician
Born Leader 350
Original Thinker 650
To Boldly Come 1250
Federation Credits 1300
Insignia
Curse of the Lieutenant Sue 1200
From Hell's Heart 1000

Rolled Vulcan which may be good as they get some neat stuff. Pon farr is going to be interesting though.

Chose Adjutant as decided I wanted some actual command stuff. Scientific Mind grants you scientific knowledge in the setting which is good, going to spend much of the time here getting more.

Logistician tells you how best to manage your assets. Not the sexiest perk but it was free.

Born Leader makes me a good commander, strategist and speeds up decision making.

To Boldly Come is yet another sex perk. Weird to have it on a Vulcan really, probably means my background is a little unconventional.

Insignia makes me a Starfleet Lieutenant. Credits were due to the leftover CP.

Curse of the Lieutenant Sue is an interesting take on the power limiting sorts of drawbacks in that you can use them but people will hate you for it. Means it's a case of tiptoeing around and being as subtle as possible.

From Hell's Heart means I'll make a lot of really bad enemies who I'm going to have to try to conventionally outmaneuver or else risk everyone hating me due to a flagrant display of power.
>>
>>46416071
>that can probably get brushed off
The quality maybe, but not the quality of the Kamen Rider himself being low.
>>
>>46416150
>have to try to conventionally outmaneuver or else risk everyone hating me due to a flagrant display of power.
You don't have anything subtle enough to cause any little... unfortunate accidents that you of course had nothing to do with?
>>
>>46416143
So it only works with that spell. I see. You were trying to argue with me that the cyst would let any evil spell bypass it, which isn't true, because it only works in combo with Necrotic Domination.

So you have precedent for something here, true. It's precedent for being able to implant something into a target and be able to make a spell that controls THAT to control you. Not really so simple a process as just bypassing Mindblank, you have to shove something up your target first.
>>
>>46416237
Also I have to say, Necrotic Domination is written really poorly. A single line of fiat? That's even stupider than the cyst itself being immune to typical spell healing.
>>
>>46416237
>It's precedent for being able to implant something into a target and be able to make a spell that controls THAT to control you.
...So, exactly what Red was trying to do with the Well stuff Mind Blank was being recommended for in the first place? The exact thing I was arguing Mind Blank wouldn't be a good idea for? Thank you, it only took 2 and a half hours.

>>46413733
>I wouldn't count on it. There are ways to bypass or remove mind blank even in D&D, let alone beyond it when you're hooking yourself up to the stuff.
>>
>>46416025
Looks good, though I was surprised to see very little references to Shen in the Fallen section, unless Charisma was it. In any case, I would recommend a prophecy ala Shen and the Pandas/Po for a drawback, with the Fallen being Shen and the other backgrounds being Po/the Soothsayer, or something like that.
>>
>>46416328
We were having a general discussion about Mindblank and I was just keeping you from going too crazy with your unbeatable hax anti-Mindblank wank, is all.

The Well itself will need to be able to invent a spell that controls its own energy, though. That depends on the mechanics of its power granting. My reading seems to imply the process just lets it mind to your mind, it doesn't really have a way to control the energy itself. Entirely different conversation of course.
>>
>>46414527
And that's part one, preventing you from gaining too much power. Isn't it still kind of a trap though?

If I remember right, all of existence except for a 10' area, the New Architect, and a kid's toy gets totally deleted. Meaning you basically have to be the NA to survive without dying. Remember, even if you get brought back, dying ends the chain.
>>
>>46416328
>>46416237
>You were trying to argue with me that the cyst would let any evil spell bypass it
Also, are you just incapable of reading or something? That wasn't what I was saying at all. I was saying that Necrotic Cyst was a way to bypass Mind Blank, which it, Necrotic Domination, Necrotic Tumour and Necrotic Awareness all do.

>We were having a general discussion about Mindblank and I was just keeping you from going too crazy with your unbeatable hax anti-Mindblank wank, is all.
None of the stuff I posted is unbeatable hax anti-Mindblank wank. It's all very much manageable... just not with Mindblank, because my entire point was that just slapping on Mindblank and expecting it to work on everything is leaving a number of holes even in pure D&D stuff, let alone stuff from outside D&D you shove into yourself. This wasn't a "general discussion", it was me pointing out a vulnerability in a suggested method and then post after post after post of obtuse and/or ignorant attempts to "correct" me with false facts. There is something wrong with you, anon.
>>
Actually hows this for a superhero plague?

Take Amazo’s Backup Memory, and some nanite perks from other Jumps to make nanites that give people superpowers. Possible you could take starro-tech to add magic to that or turn it into a real virus, but thats a lot of CP.
>>
>>46415841
Right, that will be in there then. The Weird Time Shit perk seems a decent fit for Harley/English, considering Jade's early skill at that, and the English connection. Not sure whether to put it at 200 or at another tier. Anyhow... onwards.

How about a +0 drawback to import your actual original house as the location you start in? Not sure if that's a good idea...

Doomed timeline version of jumper as a companion? Doomed to die from the universe conspiring to kill him/her... but if you somehow keep them alive until you win/leave, they become a full companion with the respawn?

...Denizen 'companion'-esque option, through more in line with SimAnt's special rooms, to have your Denizen's lair be accessible from the Warehouse after the Jump?
>>
>>46416471

I think the misunderstanding comes from the implication that Necrotic Domination is actually relevant.

Given that it's having an undead cancer rip through your brain and puppet the target, I don't think it means much when talking about mystic-water fate-bonding enchantments.

All it means is that Mind Blank doesn't work against physical bodily manipulation, even if it involves interfacing with your brain.
>>
>>46416487
Sounds good, though make sure that it won't make being a Time Player Redundant.
That seems like it would be interesting.
I assume they wouldn't have all of the Jumpers powers.
That sounds like it could be an interesting source of adventure in later jumps.
>>
>>46416471
>>46416384
>>46416328
>>46416237
Actually. This whole topic just kind of makes me wonder something. Would the Well's control count as a mental influence effect, or a possession effect, or a corruption effect?
>>
>>46416565
It seems to work by brain hijack, I'd say mental influence.
>>
>>46416529
>Given that it's having an undead cancer rip through your brain and puppet the target,
No, that's Necrotic Tumour does. Necrotic Domination does no damage and has no "now their brain is covered in tumour and they must permanently obey you" condition on a failed save as Necrotic Tumour does (or "now their brain is partially tumoured and you can influence them while it remains" on a succeeded save).

>comes from the implication that Necrotic Domination is actually relevant.
It was one out of a number of ways to get through it I posted, basically all of which went through exactly the same incorrect attempts at correction. Please do feel free to go fuck yourself with a rake.
>>
File: 1263755805456.png (383 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1263755805456.png
383 KB, 640x480
>>46416581
Fuck. I had gotten the idea to use 'Re-Birth' in the Cardfight Vanguard jump or the 'Unpossesable' perk in the Horror Jump, then just use the 'Blessed Blood' perk in Siren: Blood Curse with the 'Blood Saint' perk in Bloodborne to just jack up anyone I injected my blood with to gain those immunities/resistances before jumping into the pool.

But we don't have a lot of mind control resistance pe-

>Dream Power from the Kirby Jump
>mfw
NEVERMIND WE'RE IN BUSINESS.
>>
>>46416565
Mental influence effect.

Theoretically if you taught whoever you gave some of the waters to sufficient enough psionics to defend their brain, coupled with a Neural Amplifier from Alpha Centauri (made with Psitanium and a few other materials of your choice) that could do it.

If only I could remember what the friggin Helmet of Xorn was made of.
>>
>>46416533
It shouldn't make Time Players redundant, should it? The clone would arrive through some Weird Time Shenanigans, and wouldn't afford you the same advantage as being able to mess around with timelines and get more clones like a Time Player would be able to...

I'm not sure what to do with the Doomed Timeline Jumper's powers. On one hand, duplicating the entire powerset would probably be too much, on the other... there are other companions who match the Jumper too, and those actually grow to match you if you get stronger after the jump, instead of branching out into their own stuff, and only getting whatever you have when you start this jump...

It would mean it'd be a rather... pricey companion. Maybe with a mandatory drawback that has something to do with Davesprite's stuff? And/or the 'universe wants the clone dead' part still applying after the jump, despite getting standard companion resurrection?

On the other, other hand I could simply go with the powerset from this Jump only, which would also make it much cheaper to get... But I don't know...
>>
>>46416726
>fuck yourself with a rake
That guy wasn't even me and you're insulting him. I think, anon, that you are incapable of having a well-meaning conversation with your peers.
>>
>>46416745
The helmet isn't a special material, it's a piece of technology.
>>
>>46416728
Actually, given the whole "doing it slowly is a-ok" thing and the "If they do not seek more power than what they've been given, then they will have a chance of fighting against the Well's influence" line from the wiki, it seems like it's mostly a temptation thing getting you to let it control you in exchange for (possibly addictive) power. I'm reminded of Fel... Which brings up the next point:

>to just jack up anyone I injected my blood with to gain those immunities/resistances before jumping into the pool.
>Red is injecting people with her blood
Red, no, stop think about this. I think you're going to be having a far, faaar worse effect on the mental health of everyone involved doing this than even the water of the Well that may or may not be able to reach them post-CoH-Jump. Think about the sheer amount of demonic and tainted stuff you've grabbed, and the time you spend in your garden full up with, well, much worse Well water than the CoH Well.
This is a Bad Idea(TM).
>>
File: Super Fighting Robot Kirbyman.png (598 KB, 1079x714) Image search: [Google]
Super Fighting Robot Kirbyman.png
598 KB, 1079x714
>>46416728
>Kirby
Speaking of, who /robobot/ here?
>>
>>46416841
That's not its mechanic, though. Having more energy doesn't corrupt you or anything, and the well doesn't generally puppet people. It just can, and the way the process is described, it seems that really all its doing is controlling your brain.
>>
>>46416822
Wait, crap. That scratch the first line. That's not supposed to still be there.

>It shouldn't make Time Players redundant, should it? You'd just get more of a sense of how to use time loops and such, and it wouldn't afford you the same advantage as an actual time player in being able to mess around with timelines as easily as Time Player would be able to...
>>
>>46416858
Rerobot?
>>
>>46416836
Still poses the question of 'how the fuck does it work though.'

>>46416841
>not knowing basic bloodwork procedures
>not being able to isolate the specific quality in your blood that you're gifting to another

It's like you can't even SCIENCE.
>>
>>46416887
>'how the fuck does it work though.'
The same way everything in comic books works, vague statements and terrible reasoning.
>>
>>46416822
I was talking about Weird Time Shit making the Time Player redundant, not the Clone.
In terms of it's powers, you could have it be a version of you from a timeline where you were never the jumper in the first place, but possibly went god tier if you purchased it.
>>46416875
That makes more sense.
>>
File: GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT, KIRBY.png (429 KB, 680x453) Image search: [Google]
GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT, KIRBY.png
429 KB, 680x453
>>46416858
PRESENT!
>>
>>46416829
>I think, anon, that you are incapable of having a well-meaning conversation with your peers.
I have spent over three hours having to put up with constant fucking attempts to correct me by people who don't know what they're talking about after I made a fucking tiny little post pointing out there were vulnerabilities in an effect that was suggested to cover it and to not count on it entirely. When I see a poster that responds with a well-meaning conversation, I'll have one with them.
>>
File: giphy.gif (973 KB, 330x300) Image search: [Google]
giphy.gif
973 KB, 330x300
>>46416899
>mrw
>>
>>46416887
Anon, I really don't think basic bloodwork procedures will cut it here. I would not be at all surprised to hear Red's blood is basically just liquid magic at this point.
>>
>>46416335
Thats a nice one, thank you.
>>
>>46416928
Aww, you're adorable, anon.

Watch out for waifuanon.
>>
>>46416984
>waifuanon
Not adorable anon, but what.
>>46416980
No problem man. Will we be able to be a peacock like Shen as well?
>>
File: Kirby of the GIANT ROBOT.jpg (36 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
Kirby of the GIANT ROBOT.jpg
36 KB, 600x600
>>46416885
Robobobobobobbobobobobot
>>
File: eh04_preview6.jpg (30 KB, 590x250) Image search: [Google]
eh04_preview6.jpg
30 KB, 590x250
>>46416841
>>46416862
>>46416887
Oh come on! I'd be diluting the hell out of it/sifting through it anyway. I mean, I've got the following:

-Fire Ant (Water) from SimAnt, which basically lets me absorb/mix/create alchemical stuff in my own body, including magical waters
-Mixing Mixtures from Banjo-Kazooie which lets me mix a bunch of stuff with little issues
-Blood Saint from Bloodborne, which makes my blood safe for consumption even though the regenerative properties are temporary

That stuff combined with Siren: Blood Curse and the resistances/immunities I have, it would... be... easy to just do stuff like mixing Well of the Furies water with Well of Eternity water and other things. ...with specific pieces of my own blood to ensure those who imbibed it gained the power scot-free...

Fear the Old Blood./

>>46416950
...yeah it's probably liquid magic that makes people super magical and huge by this point. But I need to mix more things into it such as Primeval Brew from the FFXI setting and other things. Zohar demands it.
>>
>>46415043
Slayer's handbook from Buffy lets you rewrite the laws of magic if damaged/destroyed in a magic world or write in new ones in a world without it provided you already know the underlying principles behind it and can perform it. Perhaps not comic book superpowers, but one that is less hassle in the distribution if you write in some law that decides who can/can't get magic and if it is random/ized or not.
>>
>>46417011
>but what.
There's an anon that wants to waifu everyone in the thread.
Everyone.
>>
How strong are the Aura and Psionics powers in the Pokemon jump?
>>
>>46416025
what happens if you use the Wuxi Finger Hold in a jump that does not have a local spirit realm?
Because I want to try it on a endbringer so I can see the look on its face
>>
>>46417067
Aura is on par with a Lucario.
Psionics is on par with a Gardevoir.

Exactly how powerful that is is up to you to wank, but it's generally agreed that the average trainer's PokéDex is a shit and over-exaggerates everything. But t'is your chain, so you do you.
>>
>>46417067

About as strong as a Gardevoir or a Lucario!

You can probably find feats for those.
>>
>>46417052
>Everyone
W-wait, everyone? H-he can't really want to waifu EVERYONE, can he? Even ASA? Even Spyro and Val? ...Even Bancho?
...Even me?
>>
>>46417067
Psionics has a skill cap equal to a Gardevoir; I'm not sure if that includes a power cap at the same level, but the pokedex stuff for Gardevoir is pretty impressive if perhaps not the most reliable of pokedex entries (not the most "obviously 11 year old wrote this" out of the dex, but making black holes, even small ones, seems... a little over the top). A composite summary of the entries from Bulbapedia: "Gardevoir can sense when its Trainer is in danger, and will use its psychic power to distort dimensions and create a small black hole to protect its Trainer. It will even give up its life to protect its Trainer. It can use its powers to see the future. Since it supports itself with its psychic powers, it does not feel the pull of gravity."
Even the more concrete feats with moves are pretty good, though, featuring such useful moves as Teleport, Psychic, Confusion, Heal Pulse, Calm Mind, Imprison, Future Sight, Hypnosis and Dream Eater.
I don't remember any of the anime or movie stuff that involved Gardevoir, though, sorry.
>>
>>46413808
WTF is this '8th circle' stuff? I've seen it in a few other things (not that I'm going to name them).

Is 'circle' just another way to say 'level'?
>>
>>46417144
Even you.

>...Even Bancho?
I'm not sure, anon. I've never asked. Honestly, I don't want to know.
>>
>>46417261
Gardevoir is also an empath, for what its worth. It and its pre-evolutions entire mood and worldview seem to revolve around how its owner feels. Meaning, if your psychic powers are akin to theirs, you should be really good at reading thoughts and emotions directly. Hopefully not so attached to them though.
>>
>>46417288
It's how people in-setting refer to spell levels. So summon monster I would be first circle and wish would be ninth circle.
>>
>>46417288
Yes, it's a moderately common term used for spell levels. Generally used because it sounds more thematic and less gamey than levels.
>>
>>46417013
I'm surprised you didn't take that perk that makes you all blood.
>>
>>46417343
>Meaning, if your psychic powers are akin to theirs
Yeah, not sure about that; you have a skill cap at about the same level, but whether it's actually like theirs when it comes to that or more like Sabrina and the other Psychics, or even other psychic pokemon, I'm not sure.
It does seem like the empathy and such would be intruding on Aura's ground, but it's not like QS was all that focused around balancing options against one another, so.
>>
>>46417424
Sabrina can read minds too hoss.
>>
>>46417011
Yes you can pick any bird species under birds.
>>
>>46417372
You're... going to need to be more specific on that one. Perk that makes you all blood?
>>
>>46417444
I believe he's talking about Blood Magic, from Darkstalkers. Makes your entire form a shapeshifting fluid of your choice, though as the name implies blood is the default option. It makes any of your abilities linked to blood much more powerful, as well as giving you an unlimited supply of the stuff. Also shapeshifting powers, but that's kind of ancillary to this conversation.
>>
>>46417444
Not that anon, but Blood Magic from Darkstalkers makes your entire body a construct made of blood or something, so you can transform into a living puddle of blood if you want.
>>
>>46417444
>>46417479
>>46417482
I'm doubly surprised she doesn't have it because it's form the jump's demon origin.
>>
>>46417444
He's referring to one of the perks in darkstalkers that makes you into a being composed purely of blood (and shadow if you took that one other park in the same tree), let's you shift about your blood (and shadow) as it were a limb, and generally improves any shapeshifting perks you have.
>>
So.

Rooster Teeth's gone full pants-on-head-retarded, and is trying to make theatre viewings for RWBY Volume 1.

As in, shoddy soundwork, animation, and all that, playing on the theatre big screen.
>>
>>46417433
Sure, but she's not focused around being an empath with attachment issues.

...Well, not the same kind of attachment issues, anyway.
>>
File: 1240016446193.jpg (213 KB, 657x598) Image search: [Google]
1240016446193.jpg
213 KB, 657x598
>>46417479
>>46417482
>mfw I TOOK that perk
...I-I mean well, it says 'magic that uses blood is stronger' but I'm not sure stuff like Siren: Blood Curse or Bloodborne stuff means it's stronger... o-or that it enhances the stuff Fire Ant (Water) uses, right?

...r-right?
>>
>>46417514
Well, Darkstalkers also has a lot of appearance perks, and Red's vanity is infamous, so they probably distracted her.
>>
>>46417538
I'm pretty sure that the Siren and Bloodborne stuff would count. Not sure if Fire Ant (Water) would, but Siren and Bloodborne are magical settings. And even the Fire Ant parts should count if the potions you're duplicating with it are magical ones and not Clarketech super-chemistry.
>>
>>46417519
Sounds a lot like an option from Skulduggery Pleasant.

>>46417535
Ahahahaha. Oh wow.
>>
>>46417543
They're split between the undead and demon perk trees iirc.

Also, I'm gonna ask. Anons who have built for Darkstalkers, do any of the rest of you feel like the undead perk tree is underpowered?
>>
>>46417535
...When you can already view it for free online. Yeah.
And the writing's gone straight down the toilet after Monty kicked the bucket as well.
I wonder what the company's projections look like these days?
>>
>>46417583
If you combined the two, would you be a skeleton made of blood, a bloody skeleton, or a skeleton in a bloody slime-gel?
>>
>>46417536
Can we really call them issues if that's how the pokemon evolved? If your species came to be entirely for the sake of being an empath with a pathological obsession and emotional connection to your trainer on the level of a yandere girlfriend, it's kinda... healthy to be like that? Yeah.

But yeah, just saying, psychic should cover mind reading. Less sure on empathy.
>>
>>46417261
>but making black holes, even small ones, seems... a little over the top

Quite. Particularly when a black hole the size of a person, such as the LoT end reward, would kill half the planet in seconds.

But they probably just mean "black spatial portal". Lots of characters summon black holes that are just portals with suction.
>>
>>46417085
I'll have to write some notes on that at the end. Presumable some captain expy dimension. Even if its empty.
>>
File: 1387611452289.jpg (87 KB, 494x578) Image search: [Google]
1387611452289.jpg
87 KB, 494x578
>>46417543
(Darkstalkers)
-Background: Blooded (Free) -HA HA! TIME FOR DEMONS!
-Basic Moveset (Free) -Hey, we gotta start somewhere right?
-Joking Taunt (Free) -I've seen better shooting from ORKS.
-Sexy Taunt (Free) -...not sure what I'm going to do with this.
-Badass Taunt (Free) -Bitch you think you can take me? COME AT ME.
-Arcane Assault (900CP) (Discount) -The shadows do my work!
-Livewire (800CP) -With how much lightning I have, this is fucking amazing.
-Demonic Lineage (Free) -With this, I'm even BETTER looking.
-Hellfire (Free) -HELLFIIIIRE, DARK FIIIIRE. NOW GYPSY, IT'S YOUR TURN.
-Transformative Wings (700CP) (Discount) -Oh my. This... this will be useful.
-Elegant Appearance (550CP) (Discount) -OOOH, BITCH. I. AM. FAH. BU. LOUS.
-Hot as Hell (350CP) (Discount) -Ha HA. The gods must haaaate how awesome I am.
-Blood Magic (100CP) (Discount) -Oh holy fuck really? This is AMAZING.
-Asidespace (Free) -My own SHADOW is a storage space now? Shiiiiit.
-Crown of Makai (0CP) (Discount) -Along with King of Hell from Unholy Heights and Demonologist from DMC? Yeah.
-Whatever vs. Capcom 4 1/2 (0CP)
Dice Rolls: Makai, 25 years old
-End Choice: Next Adventure

I assure you. I had more than enough CP for everything.

>>46417581
>And even the Fire Ant parts should count if the potions you're duplicating with it are magical ones and not Clarketech super-chemistry.
>which is pretty much what Bismarck's Blessing water, Well of the Furies water, and Well of Eternity water is, among other things
>>
File: 3oboX.jpg (640 KB, 1053x2898) Image search: [Google]
3oboX.jpg
640 KB, 1053x2898
>>46417630
what makes you think it's such a binary thing?
>>
>>46417646
>it's kinda... healthy to be like that? Yeah.
Normal (for them), yes. Healthy...
>>
>>46417535

Sad thing is they might even get some sales, with how blind some of the diehard fans are to its flaws.
>>
>>46417646
IIRC didn't QS decide that the psychic perk didn't let you read minds because then you'd get all the benefits of being a pokeglot as well? So you're limited to sending thoughts with that psychic perk but not receiving them.
>>
>>46417673
>HELLFIIIIRE, DARK FIIIIRE. NOW GYPSY, IT'S YOUR TURN.
Hunchback of Notre Dame starring Jumpers when?
>>
>>46417722
Not that I'm aware of, no.

>>46417679
Well, it's like this. A Gardevoir that wasn't like that would be considered to have something wrong with them, even if their normal mode of behavior is... extremely altruistic.
>>
>>46417678
Where can I get a brain made of tiny animals?
>>
>>46417722
No, you're able to read minds, you're just not able to understand a Pokemon's thoughts without Pokeglot. They think in a different language, or something like that.
>>
If I go Flame Elemental Monarch in Adventure Time, how much fire will I be able to throw around?
>>
>>46417764
Right here, in the real world. You're a cellular organism, man, every part of you is made of tiny animals. Think about it, it's mind blowing. Whoah.
>>
>>46417790
Go look up Flame Princess.
>>
>>46417811
I was thinking more colonial than multicellular, anon.
>>
>>46417781
It says "No Mind Reading" right before the part about the skill cap being equal to Gardevoir.
>>
>>46417870
Does it? How stupid of QS.
>>
File: hellyeahmotherfucker.jpg (88 KB, 500x709) Image search: [Google]
hellyeahmotherfucker.jpg
88 KB, 500x709
>>46417673
>mfw my build and Red's are the same
>>
>>46417836
Oh. Nightmare Before Christmas, then. Get Brain Bug, be made out of bugs with none of them being the seat of your consciousness, and with the ability to assimilate more bugs. Then go to Naruto, assimilate the Nano-scale Poisononous Insects that some members of the Aburama clan use. Shape your mass of microscopic bugs into the shape of a human, you're now made of a colony of animals.
>>
>>46417886
Yes yes yes we get it QS is shit he's literally Satanhitler.
>>
>>46417618
Yes
>>
>>46417912
I can think someone made poor decisions without hating him you know.
>>
>>46417535
It's gonna flop sooooooo bad.
>>
File: Enbu_Cell_Exhaustion.png (97 KB, 410x436) Image search: [Google]
Enbu_Cell_Exhaustion.png
97 KB, 410x436
>>46417836
Toriko basically turns you into a communal organism via gourmet cells and energy awakening your own cells into their own individual organisms that work together, if I'm interpreting how Enbu is supposed to work right.
>>
>>46417817
Huh. I found a video where she was fighting the blue ice guy and holy shit. Definitely buying this now.
>>
File: 1425087767596.jpg (282 KB, 573x1941) Image search: [Google]
1425087767596.jpg
282 KB, 573x1941
>>46417901
>>
>>46417886
It's kind of dissapointing, really. I think it was also ruled that you can't use pokemon moves, so all you're really left with is TK and half of telepathy.
Words cannot express how sad I was when I got told that no, I couldn't learn to teleport about like some sort of demented abra.
>>
>>46418006
That doesn't make sense either really considering Sabrina can teleport and levitate.
>>
>>46418006
Really? Shit, that's not worth 600cp at all. Might need to change my build...
>>
>>46418006
Well how strong is the TK?
Can you throw around people/pokemon with it?
Pop people's heads?
>>
>>46418006
What? Man, I never realized it was that gimped. Guess I'm going with Aura from now on.
>>
>>46418006
Didn't the guy then kinda reneg on that after literally everybody started hating him?
>>
File: CONFUSED.jpg (38 KB, 368x343) Image search: [Google]
CONFUSED.jpg
38 KB, 368x343
>>46417535
>>46417583
>>46417625
>>46417703
>>46417953
>>
>>46418023
>>46418041
>>46418042
>>46418059
>>46418060
http://archive.4plebs.org/tg/thread/39250491/#39250923
That seems to be the last QS ever spoke on the subject. Do note that the mentioned telepathy is limited to sending thoughts as per perk description.
>>
File: konasle.png (89 KB, 500x453) Image search: [Google]
konasle.png
89 KB, 500x453
>>46417630
> tfw I have Blood Magic and Transformative Wings from Darkstalkers
> Also Magical Body from Elona
> (with various magical boosters, including Negima's Gift of the Thousand)
> And Bloody Magical from Legends of Spyro
> Also Waveform Anatomy from Evangelion, but also with Hybrid (which allows physiological backend?)
> And Mutation (plants) both Physical and Elemental from Toriko.
Man, my anatomy must be fucked. I don't even know.

I am probably like the ultimate magical reagent, in jumper form.
I bet alchemists shit themselves in envy when I come to town.
>>
>>46418059
Do note that aura is also similarly limited. You only get aura sphere, barrier, short range ability to see auras through walls, and the ability to sense the emotions of people.
>>
>>46418244
>>46418342
Love how you both are forgetting the "but I don't get to tell you what to do, so do whatever."
>>
>>46418342
You can't atleast use it to do superhuman stuff?
>>
>>46418371
Uh, so? You can houserule any jump to get anything you want already. You didn't need QS to tell you that was an option. Doesn't mean that's what the creator intended for you to get. And a lot of people (myself included) refuse to houseful stuff like that away. Or houserule anything for that matter.
>>
File: Free games.png (216 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
Free games.png
216 KB, 500x500
>>46418062
Don't call it a grave, this is the future they've chosen
>>
was sunless sea finished at any point?
>>
File: mass companion imports.gif (1 MB, 395x222) Image search: [Google]
mass companion imports.gif
1 MB, 395x222
>>46417013
Red.

Do you have /plans/ for this?
>>
File: anyways.png (212 KB, 500x344) Image search: [Google]
anyways.png
212 KB, 500x344
>>46418876
Not them but this is probably their response
Goddamnit this entire video
>>
File: 1241066349679.jpg (48 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1241066349679.jpg
48 KB, 640x480
>>46418876
Well if by 'plans' you mean using Metaphysical Biology, PhD and samples of ADAM/Lilith in tandem with VP's Homunculus Body, countless cybernetics, genetic enhancements, and magical enchantments, all forged inside this alchemically made blood pool to ensure I create a godly body using materials from the Garden that I can shove anyone into?

Then yes. There's plans for this.
>>
File: scared jontron.gif (558 KB, 250x141) Image search: [Google]
scared jontron.gif
558 KB, 250x141
>>46418976
>anyone
>ANYONE

I know they say sharing is caring, but this is something else.
>>
>>46418976
Your ability to enhance people has me thinking that you should go to a university, or several, acquire individuals of the most extreme political beliefs you can. I would list off some, but really the important thing is that they differ and they reject any other system, and that you would want around 15-20 different people. Grant each of them a great deal of power in particular any thematic abilities you can, but try to keep things balanced. Inform them of the fact there is competition and teleport them back to their university. Sit back and enjoy the fireworks.
>>
>>46419165
>Unleash at least a dozen demi-gods on the planet
>Have them be sworn enemies
>Give them the ability to devour each other
>Put on a limiter so they can't threaten you
>Devour them for a power boost
>Walk away stronger, having run a successful experiment
>Or better yet, become the Jumper Entity and hand out your own version of Shards
MAD SCIENCE IS THE BEST SCIENCE. AHAHAHA.
>>
>>46417972
I knew there was a reason I took Personified Cells before the Toriko jump
>>
>>46419270
Where's personified cells from?
>>
>>46419270
>Personified Cells
Wait, what? What Jump is that?
>>
>>46419307
The Mighty Boosh
>>
>>46419316
and for those wondering this is the perk itself
Personified Cells (600cp)
Your physiology is rather unique. The cells in your body, well they have a rather special property. While under a microscope they seem to be normal, it turns out they have a mind of their own and can communicate with you, albeit maybe not in the most helpful manner. That is, in order to do so you would normally need to shrink yourself down to their level. A talk with the brain cells could give you an insight into your own personality, flaws and all. Your white blood cells could tell you about any harmful pathogens in your system, and your liver could explain the impact of any substances you may choose to ingest. Considering you can't talk with your organs face to face, hopefully, this perk will also include a messenger system inside your body that can take messages back and forth from you to any other part of the body.
>>
File: 1243394465666.png (179 KB, 355x541) Image search: [Google]
1243394465666.png
179 KB, 355x541
>>46419041
You know what's worse? You know how the DPP is all about codifying magic and stuff? It's been analyzing my own code after each and every jump, to categorize every single change I've ever been under. Along with a ton of digitizing perks/data virus perks to infect others with that very code to augment them.

Everything has led to this.

>>46419165
>>46419229
...okay yeah no. THAT's just crossing the line into douchebaggery. Literally everything can go wrong there.
>>
>>46419372
But what happens if you copy-paste the wrong file and end up talking to yourself?
>>
>>46419372
>Not being the amoral eldritch mad scientist
Tsk tsk tsk, Red
Nah, I kid. Even creating/turning people into Angels is usually a bad thing, considering that from what we've seen they really don't seem to give a shit about human life.
>>
>>46419372
>Literally everything can go wrong there.
I fail to see how that isn't exactly what the plan is for. I don't see that plan having a "good" or "appropriate" outcome, as the one who came up with it I have to say the plan's results are going to vary from "terrible" to "hahahaha, oh god damn it Run!"
>>
>>46419416
It's kind of why I'm doing Evangelion-styled bodies? Since they're actually based off of DNA coding instead of soul/ego, so it's a lot more malleable/stable in a sense. Plus without the need to make them usable by pilots, a lot of those pesky control modules aren't needed.

>>46419402
That's what 'Fastest Fingers' from Evangelion is for. It literally states 'zero coding errors'. I'm programming this whole thing by hand. Each body a custom work masterpiece.
>>
>>46419372
oh sure, but when I use the amazio backup data and have my three companions with miniaturization and efficiency, reverse engineering and compound computations work together to develop von Neumann nanomachines to eliminate suffering I'm "going too far"
>>
>>46419463
>Evangelion-styled bodies
Erm, that's...better, I guess, but isn't that supposed to be highly traumatic? Like, soul tearing, mind raping, constant agony forever level traumatic? Not saying you can't work with it, and it probably won't be as bad since it's only styled, but...
>>
>>46419551
Well, supposedly that happens because you're making a regular ol' human soul generate the Eva's AT-Field. Since that's just a utterly massive demand to put on that poor soul, that's generally what drives it mostly insane, to my understanding.

Modify it to be able to take things like that and it'll hopefully go smoothly.
>>
>>46419664
>Modify it to be able to take things like that
...Their souls? Modifying people's souls seems rather dubious, and not the kind of thing I'd expect Red to engage in given her moral qualms and unwillingness to be/play god.
>>
File: 1272072574791.jpg (140 KB, 529x512) Image search: [Google]
1272072574791.jpg
140 KB, 529x512
>>46419551
Yeah see, there's the issue. It's supposed to be highly traumatic because that's how the PILOTING works. At least as far as I remember. They needed the control system, and they had to slave the souls of the pilot's mother, while keeping the pilots utterly crazy.

But we're not exactly needing pilots, now are we. So mostly what >>46419664 says. An installed S2 engine along with... other modifications would help a great deal. To say nothing of needing to keep in mind that the majority of cybernetics on the Eva isn't to advance it, but to keep the damned thing under NERV control, which probably isn't pleasant either.

But you know what? This is also a pretty big generalization. I still need to write up the fuckhuge pastebin on what goes into the damned thing. I'm just happy I got the whole 'Well of the Furies' thing to actually work.
>>
>>46419657
basically I'm eliminating, hunger, mind control, disease*, old age, mutilation and the negative effects of pain. *Except for my variant of the luck virus from red dwarf.
>>
>>46419528
Stop trying.

She has you on filter, and has every right to considering you've been an abusive shitstain.
>>
>>46419721
>Unwilling to be/play god
Not that anon, but that's probably a good thing: Can you imagine how terrifying a late game Jumper with a god-complex would be? Especially if they payed a visit to some of the higher level jumps.(SMT, for example) Now THAT would be terrifying.
>>46419664
>>46419748
Really now? I always thought it was the process itself that was traumatic. Like, compare how Yui was when she was a human to how she acted as an Evangelion, hell compare Rei II and Rei I, who supposedly was in Unit 0. You could even use that one spin-off where Shinji's body is destroyed and HIS soul possess Unit 01. So I thought it was just being turned into one that drove you batshit. But then again, I could be wrong.
>>
>>46419721
Eh.

Advance your knowledge of spiritual physiology enough to make souls, and you can probably just attach a particular type from a setting where it has no bearing on a person's self hybridized with the more directly powerful ones to act as a fuel source/control panel for the relevant aspects.

At least, that's how I'd do it, but I've got a pretty big focus on purely spiritual mucking about rather than the magitech generalism all the namefags inadvertently evolve to.
>>
>>46419846
Well, I'd be willing to bet that the process does also induce some amount of trauma as well, considering that the person's AT-Field is probably collapsed for a moment before entering the Eva, which is equivalent to having your psyche blown to pieces and then shoddily taped back together.

She'll probably want to use some sort of direct transfer method instead of the Eva method.
>>
>>46419846
Well, YOU get stuck in a giant body and forced to do battle over and over, watching as your own child is tortured repeatedly and you get fucked up in almost every fight. Or in Rei's case, constantly treated like a disposable tool over and over while the only people who care about you are, once again, constantly fucked over/fucked up by the organization that mistreats you.

See how well YOU play nice after that fact.

>>46419721
>>46419887
...honestly? There's... a way I would bolster a soul. Not modify, bolster. Because when all you're doing is 'bathe the soul in Fortune Energy and use Inner Self from Demon's Souls along with Soul Smith from Dark Souls to just collect a load of spiritual energy to empower them instead', that doesn't exactly fill the criteria of true modification. It's more like giving people the soul equivalent to a bunch of protein shakes.

Compared to TRUE modification it's like the equivalent of playing by the edges of the kiddy pool.

>>46419947
>She'll probably want to use some sort of direct transfer method instead of the Eva method.
Damn. Fucking. Straight. Thank fuck for places like Nechronica for that.
>>
>>46419983
That's a pretty good way of going about it.

I mean, we're both augmenting the soul at the end of the day, but my way does skirt uncomfortably close to modifying the important people bits.

I am trying really hard to think of a Deus Ex joke to make here and I am failing and I am sorry for that.
>>
>>46419753
>the negative effects of pain
well, that doesn't worry me.
>>
Dates aren't much of a thing in Dresden Files but do I enter before or after Archangel? I'm currently trying to see if I need to change my backstory of being a Warden that lost friends there.
>>
>>46419846
>Can you imagine how terrifying a late game Jumper with a god-complex would be?
I'd say yes, but honestly I don't even need to imagine it, there are... two, three of them already?
>>
Question.

Shouldn't Siren: Blood Curse count as a Gauntlet?
>>
>>46420197
(Also all the people with stacked divinity perks from completely different metaphysics who are the other kind of god complex)
>>
>>46420227
Losing there still loses the chain, no? And IIRC you don't lose your powers by default.
>>
>>46420267
I'm more referring to the CP structure - starts you at 0, and you only get it from drawbacks.
>>
>>46420197
>two or three
>implying everybody here doesn't get one and that there aren't just some experienced liars.
>>
>>46420311
Well, while it is the "default" format, there's no actual rule that a jump has to give 1000cp. Dishonored gives only 500 in addition to the runes, and Hellsing technically give Drop-ins 1400.
>>
I run this shit.
>>
>>46420351
But anon. How can I have a god complex.

W͠h̸̛́e͡n̸̡͘ ͏I ̢̀̕l͟͞í̵v͏̧e ̵t̵̛o ̷̸̧s͡e̛r̛͜v̡͢e?͠
>>
>>46420454
... Well that actually helps with an idea for a jump I'm working on, anon.

Thanks much for clearing that up.
>>
Are FMA Philosopher's Stones interchangable with TOS Soul Gems? What I just ripped out someone's soul and solidified it?
>>
>>46418269
You should generally consider yourself a manifestation of energy and thought at this point more than anything.
>>
>>46418876
>>46418931
What?
>>
>>46420351
If I ever get a god complex, what makes you think I would hide it.

You fuckers would KNOW if I ever went crazy.
>>
File: Yukari is at it again.jpg (105 KB, 500x653) Image search: [Google]
Yukari is at it again.jpg
105 KB, 500x653
>>46420351
Here we go again. I mean I cant do anything about it anyways since some people do play it up to dumb excession that i dont even know if that's their actual personality so. yeah

>>46420543
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mh5LY4Mz15o
Meme video basically
>>
>>46420580
What's that pic from?
>>
>>46420630
http://www.chick.com/reading/tracts/1041/1041_01.asp?wpc=1041_01.asp

I'm not sorry.
>>
>>46420477
>>46420580
>>46420601
Ya'll's do know he's a shitposter at this point right?

Any time the topic of Jumpers being genocidal maniacs, monsters, freaks, or anything along those lines comes up, he's always RIGHT fucking there go start spewing "ALL JUMPERS HAVE A GOD COMPLEX" or "ALL JUMPERS HAVE A KILL COUNT IN THE TRILLIONS".
>>
>>46419846
What's wrong with having a god complex when you can be a literal god?
>>
>>46420696
I'm the only one being honest about any of it, anon.

Just because you don't like my truth doesn't mean it's shitposting.
>>
>>46420696
I think you're probably taking him too seriously. To be a shitposter would require hostility. Anon is probably trying to be funny, for what it's worth.
>>
File: ONE MORE GOD REJECTED.jpg (39 KB, 498x330) Image search: [Google]
ONE MORE GOD REJECTED.jpg
39 KB, 498x330
>>46420716
>Being a god
>Not rejecting them, one at a time
Anon...
>>
>>46420160
No idea the Jump said it's four years after the Storm Front, then it's bit after the Skin Game? Skin Game is the latest book, theres like a ten year gap in story I think
>>
>>46420752
No Nocturne jump yet bro.

I think that's after DDS 2. Then after Nocturne he wanted to do... crap, what was it? Some none SMT thing that I remember talking about specifically but now I can't name.
>>
File: Charming_border_of_life_09.jpg (403 KB, 1056x1500) Image search: [Google]
Charming_border_of_life_09.jpg
403 KB, 1056x1500
>>46420601

The completely superfluous bicycle is the best part of that.
>>
>>46420694
Oh god. Why did I read that, My eyes, they burn!
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 62

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.