[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
SS13: d20 station
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 5
Welcome to d20Station.

BYOND Download link: http://www.byond.com/download/

To connect: Open BYOND, click the gear in the upper right. Click "Open Location" and paste in the IP below. Click "Ok", or place the ip into your browser.
byond://76.16.8.127:28014
alt: byond://d20station.ddns.net:28014

>What the fuck is Space Station 13
A top down atmospherics simulator with a "whodunit" on top. Survive in the station and do your department's job, while fixing the problems that the antagonists cause.

>How the fuck do I play this game? I keep hitting myself with things.
Use OOC and ask someone for help on how to play. People will almost always help you get a grip of the game if you're polite about it, just don't reveal too much in-round information in OOC.
other information can be found on the wiki. http://robustvinyl.com/ss13/wiki/
>>
File: 1456111301511.gif (31 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
1456111301511.gif
31 KB, 300x300
First for Lee is a cuck and nernums is his enabler
>>
>>46412636
its not a meme when only you say it rusty
>>
WHEN
>>
>>46412797
*It ain`t me* starts playing
>>
>>46414277
>it's a rusty browses /tv/ and tries to force it's shitty memes on us episode
>>
>>46413736
Never, we'd have Dorf more often if people actually played on it.
>>
I remember an earlier discussion about reagent processing, and how the current method works better than an alternative despite a few of its flaws.
>current: all reagents are simultaneously processed
>alternative: a set sum of reagents are processed each tic

Well, then I remembered something Nernums had talked about before, which was creating a separate sub-metabolism of the stomach for mobs.
If that ever gets followed up on, I think the alternative method would fit pretty well for that, considering how things actually work.
>>
>>46415741
that was part of the reasoning of the stomach idea
>>
>>46416164
Have any plans for that idea, or is still just that?
>>
>>46416566
well there was a bit more but to it potentially but then we'd also have to make it so that if you inject someones arm with something weird like milk that it behaves as if you were getting your arm injected with milk and frankly I do not know what would happen if you got milk into your blood stream, little less something like molten chocolate or lemon-lime when you wanted orange
>>
>Awake patients getting surgery scream now
>Someone forgot to level the volume
>you can hear the screams from surgery in the chapel
>>
You guys really gotta put the surgery bed next to the table with all the tools, no I'm just throwing them all over the place and on the ground instead of just being able to stand in one spot
>>
>>46416793
working as intended
>>
>>46416888
Can you please scale the sound down a little bit, it's really fucking annoying when it happens on every step and last for 4 seconds.
>>
>>46416888
>trips
fug

Is it only awake/uncoscious, or can things like alcohol make it less, uh, awful.
Hard to be Mr. Grit if you scream like a ninny every time you try and cut yourself.
I havent played yet with the update, just asking.
>>
>>46417390
I think the only criteria is awake/unconscious, I could be wrong though.
>>
>>46416658

Like any sort of pollutant in the blood, it would be filtered out through the kidneys and liver
>>
>>46417485
>molten chocolate
>filtered
Granted, I'm somewhat leery on the mechanics of actually injecting someone with something so viscous, but actually getting it into a vein and the not flesh would block the bloodflow pretty handily.
>>
can we talk about extended being a trash gamemode?
>>
>>46418407
Its pretty bad, yes.
>>
>>46418407
It's alright, although I prefer the traitor gamemodes due to them being more hectic and exciting.
Except for Rev
>>
>>46417303
well put the fucking anesthesia tank on them you fuck
you are taking sharp things and cutting someone open while they are fucking awake, and under no painkillers whatsoever
of course they are going to scream themselves mute
>>
>>46418646
As a professional Chief Medical Officer who studied for years under the Nanotresen approved university schooling along with years of doctoring experience on top of that and vetted by a centcom official to serve on our station, I gotta say, I like the screaming.

We should add grunts and oomphs that people make when fighting or when generally getting harmed or burned.
>>
>>46418646
>no painkillers whatsoever
We have none.Absolutely none at all. Alcohol doesn't count and the laughing gas just knocks people out. Hell, we don't have either opiates nor cocaine derivatives.
>>
>>46418863
>no painkillers whatsoever
pain isn't modeled, why would we have medicine to deal with pain?
>>
>>46419472
>Lone Lee screams!
>>
>>46419472
>Person1: you did surgery without painkillers, what did you expect!
>Person3: we dont have painkillers!
>You: why would we have painkillers?
Are you retarded?
>>
>>46416658
They would die from getting their heart valve clogged. Much like if you injected air into someone's bloodstream.

Realism is fine, but the current system works alright, and I'd rather not have doctors be able to fire a nitrogen syringe into someone's arm for a near-instantly lethal kill.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Air_embolism
>>
>>46419837
theres cases of homeless people injecting beer into their arms and stuff to get drunk, I'm pretty sure the airthing is a little different than liquids
but regardless, surely nothing good would come of injecting gobs of peanut butter into your forearm, even if it didnt get far enough to wreck the heart, your arm would be blue and useless pretty quick
>>
>>46419837
expanding on this topic a bit it seems like some things that should be seriously toxic, aren't actually that bad in game. I remember doing a test way back with chlorine gas and inhaling a breathful or two of chlorine did maybe 1 or 2 points of toxin damage.
>>
>>46422072
[insert argument about game balance]
[cue explanation about how basic chemicals can still be powerful if made into an autism mix]
>>
>>46422107
Given the existence of cyanide, I don't think buffing pure chlorine to be a moderately effective toxin would be that bad.
>>
>>46422072
Space men are tougher then normal humans, it's true.

>>46422196
Cyanide can't be made by scientists/chemists, only spawned in, and it does a horrific amount of damage.
>>
Man ron oil is going up
>>
>>46422647
You actually can make it, really easily.
>>
>>46422880
One unit of cyanide does 70 points of damage. If it's easy to make, that's a Bad Thing.
>>
>>46423130
Crazy easy to make, only three one part reagents involved, you can make 50 units without denting your power supply easily.
>>
File: 1436738739762.jpg (169 KB, 960x955) Image search: [Google]
1436738739762.jpg
169 KB, 960x955
Bump
>>
Ron oil is at $6.50 a share on the Xbox 360
>>
ded thread
>>
>>46420022
Useless but tasty
>>
I think a problem with dorf currently is the monsters
in the early game they're a massive threat, as any fuckup could easily kill you, and send a swarm after other miners
however in the late game, everyone has pretty much become unstoppable super soldiers, either by gear, viro, or augs.
not sure how one could even fix this, as adding better gear would make them even more trivial late game, and adding stronger monsters would just make the early game even harder and result in more failed forts
>>
>>46429354
Easy, you diversify the monster pool, so instead of wave after wave of boring old carp you get attacked by things that require a bit more thinking. Hell you could probably have an admin get involved as a sorta "leader" mob.
>>
>>46429354
The problem is that there too few people to effectively split tasks. There's a lot of stuff that needs to happen at the start of dorf and if there's only three people to do all that they're going to spread themselves too thin, nothing gets done and it's carp central by the time they wake up again.
>>
nernums if you make me an admin i'll upload my smug animes folder of over 1700 pics
>>
tfw finally get internet after six months without, and i come back and it's literally the fuckin same
>>
As someone who usually plays on paradise, would I be able to fit in here?
>>
>>46432309
You may find the low pop a little hard to adjust to, but the codebase isn't outlandishly different.
Log on and find out, there's nothing to lose
>>
>>46431979
If you are who I think you are, Blue hair a shit
Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.