[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
SOI prelease.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 158
Thread images: 38
File: kL2UhIGIHQ_icon.jpg (237 KB, 768x432) Image search: [Google]
kL2UhIGIHQ_icon.jpg
237 KB, 768x432
So how did everyone do at the first prelease? Pull anything good? How big was your event?

1st place with mardu midrange. There was about 90 of us at my LGS. I got a foil anguished unmaking, and then in my prize pulls I got sin prodder, nahiri and another AU.
>>
Went 2-1, went Red/black removal splashing green for more creatures and to stamped foil Arlinn Kord (she was great). Pretty successful deck, werewolves are scary if transformed especially if you can play one turn one or two.

Besides Planeswalker and excellent removal, "Skin Invasion" and "Insolent Neonate" (even played together to get you a early 3/4) both proved valuable.
>>
4 wins and 1 loss, 5th overall, about 50ish people. I pulled 2 thing in the ice, a foil Sigarda, an Olivia, and then a couple of other foils and garbage rares/mythics. Nothing largely exciting, certainly nothing with which to build a grand deck but no matter. Was a lot of fun, and since we played standard FNM right before, I got to gloat over the people who beat me in constructed which was nice.

I was a little jelly of the people that pulled Jaces, Avacyns, Nahiris and Sorins. Sadly, no planeswalkers for me.
>>
>>46410826
Promo was Traverse the Ulvenwald. Kinda happy about it. A tutor for G will see play - even if it just ends up being a staple in EDH.

Sealed pool was really weird. None of the colors was really fleshed out. Pulled Nahiri, Markov Dreadnight, Goldnight Castigator and then just unplayable chaff like Eerie Interlude and Cryptolite Rite...
My black was awful but Dreadnight a flyer/bomb. Red was awful but Castigator a flyer/bomb. White had almost all my removal but not a single flyer/spirit thing.

Lost to fast "lol I pulled 3 Fiery Temper and Heir of Falkenrath" decks three times in a row.
Oh and also my opponent with a singleton Lightning Axe conveniently had it in hand against Dreadknight g1 and Castigator g2.
Cut red from the deck since Nahiri was underwhelming and went G/W werewolves with a B splash for Dreadknight and some removal and managed to finish 2-3-1 after that.
I think we had like 75 players in total. Ended up making 44th... totally meh.

Mental notes: flying is broken in SoI since the lack of any boardwipes and ridiculous stats makes every non-Vampire MU a board stall.
Red is stronk if you pull Lightning Bolt. I mean seriously, all the other removal is so abyssmal and they think printing Fiery Temper and Lightning axe for the madness colors is fair? Fuck this shit.
We live in a world where Doom Blade is "too good". Let that sink for a while.
>>
File: skininvasion.jpg (44 KB, 265x370) Image search: [Google]
skininvasion.jpg
44 KB, 265x370
Three copies of this card got me six boosters and was a better pull than half of the rares

I'm throwing it into a modern burn with spark elemental
>>
I pulled a promo Odric, which was what I wanted greatly. Went 1-3 with black white shitfest, but a friend of mine won the box, and I pulled two Titis. Overall, lots of fun with about 12 people at my local shop.
>>
>>46411780
>Three copies of this card
I'm jealous. I had that placed on one of my cards turn 2 and I never got rid of that insect before dying.

My pool was shit in general, but I managed to go 2-2. My rares were Ever After, From Under the Floorboards, the UB land, Invocation of St Traft, Erie Interlude, Brain in a Jar, and Wolf of Devil's Breach. I didn't have nearly enough support to run RB so I ended up with a grindy Delirium deck in WB. My bombs were those first 2 rares, a Morkrut Necropod (got me a 3-for-1 a couple times, fuck yeah slug horrors), and a handful of Delirium creatures that cost 3 or 4 mana. Magnifying Glass helped break stalemates, would recommend
>>
Didn't pull anything too exciting- a Goldnight Castigator I was too afraid to run, and a Diregraf Colossus with a promo Prized Amalgam tempted me towards BU until I realized that I only got ONE other black creature so I ended up going WU building around Invocation of Saint Toth, Rattlechains and generally playing a bunch of spirits til I can get an enchantment to stick on something so I could obliterate face with it (Hope Against Hope is right up there with Invocation for me now, got it to +6/+6 and first strike one game and obviously that match didn't last much longer). Went 3-1 at a fairly big event (not sure how many people exactly but I'd say with confidence it was over 2 dozen at least) and finished 4th which netted me 4 more prize packs where I pulled Odric, Seasons Past, Asylum Visitor and Second Harvest.
Definitely giving special thanks for those wins to Uninvited Geist and Town Gossipmonger. The latter in particular had a few people crying broken when they realized a one drop was trading up with anything they played or chunking them for HUGE damage.
Looking forward to more of the same today!
>>
Off-topic, but drama about negative conduct of r/magicTCG moderators:

https://www.reddit.com/r/magicTCG/comments/4d0wev/mod_conduct_on_this_sub/

If you guys hate bullying, censorship, and other such things, it is advisable for us to speak up and make this known to the general public as much as possible
>>
>>46412312
Brain in a jar is a nice score
>>
File: 115.jpg (55 KB, 312x445) Image search: [Google]
115.jpg
55 KB, 312x445
>>46412494
Yeah, I'm happy to have it. Unfortunately I got it's ability mixed up with Harness the Storm in my head and I realized later it would've fit well in what I had for UB.

Oh, and this card? Saved my ass a couple times. Useful combat trick that swung the battlefield in my favor and gaining 6 life at once is no joke.
>>
>>46412613
It's also nice with that 3/1 dog that gets indestructible when you cast a non-creature spell.
>>
Undefeated with blue-black tempo
>>
>>46412733
Why won't your zombies just stay dead goddamn
>>
>>46412477
The Magic sub-reddit is more or less the de-facto official forum for MTG now that the Wizards forums are shut down.

Don't act like a typical 4channer and you won't get banned.
>>
Pulled Avacyn + Sorin so I really can't complain.
>>
>>46412477
not your personal army faggot.
>>
>>46412892
Correct response
>>46412861
>>46412477
Fuck off
>>
>>46412861
Did you read the post at all? I wasn't the one banned; multiple users are concerned with moderator conduct and hostility. It isn't so much about the banning, as it is what happened afterwards; screenshots of moderators name-calling, lying, and acting rude / hostile unnecessarily
>>
File: YukariTrains.jpg (677 KB, 2031x2652) Image search: [Google]
YukariTrains.jpg
677 KB, 2031x2652
>>46412945
And? Why should I care if I don't frequent reddit?
>>
File: 1441851969658.png (466 KB, 784x800) Image search: [Google]
1441851969658.png
466 KB, 784x800
>>46413030
Reaction image get!
>>
I'm not forcing you, or anyone to care. If you don't care, that's fine. It's only for those who don't like unfair treatment and abuse by those in power, especially by a mod of the biggest Magic forum, and who is an L3 Judge with tremendous amounts of influence.

To those who don't like it:

https://www.reddit.com/r/magicTCG/comments/4d0wev/mod_conduct_on_this_sub/

Again, I know 4chan is not reddit, but this guy is also an L3 Judge, and he has a very bad reputation in real life also, treating not only other players with disrespect, but also fellow judges. There is evidence and testimonials and screenshots in the link provided. So rather than this being about a specific website, this is about the health of the game in general.
If any of you care, feel free to speak your mind.
>>
I went GW tempo dudes using a sigarda and a westvale Abbey and did pretty well. Was crushing and then fell flat on my face for the last match with bad draws and got 5 with a 3-1-1. Pulled traverse the ulvenwald, anguished unmaking, engulf the shore, foil diregraf colossus, and traded for promo Sorin. Pretty thrilled overall, I play esper control and I'm building bu zombie tempo so my pulls were super helpful
>>
>>46413123
>I'm not forcing you
>but I post it again
>>
>>46413123
I will care, but first you must tell me: how will this fuck with the secondary market investors or the reserved list?
>>
File: callthebloodline.jpg (47 KB, 265x370) Image search: [Google]
callthebloodline.jpg
47 KB, 265x370
Went 1-2 last night, build RW at first, it was shit, made it RB splash W after first round, it was still pretty shitty, dropped after the third round.

But this card, I love this card, it made the night. Currently brewing for mono-B in standard with it.
>>
UR and UB works if you are lucky

BG is pretty bad

humans is fine

vampires are bad because they are not wolves, but they complement the above two

wolves are busted as shit in limited, but everyone called that
>>
>>46412613
Whoa I didn't see this once all day. That art is gnarly!
>>
>>46413218
Those are difficult questions to answer. Perhaps, by seeing that an L3 Judge is repeatedly rude, mean-spirited, unfair, and discourteous, investors would be less likely to spend money, and the secondary market would have a short-lived contraction.

Best I could come up with.
>>
Selling my Gitrog Monster promo for 40 bucks was the highlight of my night.
I went 1-2 then dropped because my deck was shit and I wasn't having any fun

Bought the UB Intro pack and I'm currently wondering how to improve it for casual play.
>>
Pulled TITI promo, Startled Awake and five red rares/mythics, so I just built an UR control/durdle shell around them and splashed green for Rabid Bite. Bad deck but lots of fun to play, my store gives two participation boosters to everyone so there was no pressure to perform. Went 1-2, lost both games against WG humans because I couldn't keep up with the tempo.
I'll be playing 2HG tomorrow and I'm really looking forward to that.
>>
File: un-purged.png (238 KB, 565x488) Image search: [Google]
un-purged.png
238 KB, 565x488
>>46413531
You have convinced me. Point me at a forum an I shall spam the word kike.
>>
>>46413697
Oh yeah, I removed Startled Awake after the first match because it's not worth it if the rest of your deck can't mill them as well.
>>
>>46410826
I had to work last night so im going to tonights prerelease after work.

Planning on making a red black but I might splash a white red/black depending on what I get

Wish me luck bros
>>
>>46412613
I can't wait for MTG players as a whole to start feeling the trypophobia as more Emrakul mutations show up.
>>
>>46410826
Got 4th place out of eight ppl. My promo was abbey, first random promo worth money I pulled. I got 2 geralfs masterpieces, ub land and sin prodder in my pool and after event I got sigarda, promo frog and 4 rites. It was great.
>>
File: SOI Prerelease Deck and Cards.jpg (7 MB, 8240x2736) Image search: [Google]
SOI Prerelease Deck and Cards.jpg
7 MB, 8240x2736
Apparently I built the perfect Sealed deck because I went 4-0 with Gruul Aggro/Midrange.

I was actually considering going GW with Odric and Drogskol Calvary, but I had a friend take a look at my white cards and he didn't like it. Ended up going GR on a whim and topped.

True MVPs of the deck for me were a Double Strike/Trample combo with Rush of Adrenaline and Uncaged Fury. Literally no one saw it coming, and I pulled off the combo in all of my matches. Went 2-1, 2-1, 2-0, and 2-0 because of it.

Only terrible part was that all of my friends and apparently everyone else pulled $40+ of value except me. I managed to get an Avacyn in my prize packs.
>>
>>46411513
Foil Traverse are $20, so it sounds like you made a profit.
>>
File: CfDWZgVVIAADwU9.jpg (45 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
CfDWZgVVIAADwU9.jpg
45 KB, 640x360
9-3 total over 4 flights, pretty happy with my pulls
Promos were uhh Avacyn's Judgment, Geralf's Masterpiece, Startled Awake and Eerie Interlude.
Not pictured: an Olivia, Mobilized for War, Ulvenwald Hydra and a bunch of new duals.
>>
>>46413889
>Got 4th place out of eight ppl
That's it? There were like 50 people at my lgs last night.
>>
>>46413123
Eat shit, nerd.
>>
File: ribbit ribbit motherfucker.png (302 KB, 314x446) Image search: [Google]
ribbit ribbit motherfucker.png
302 KB, 314x446
Didn't go as well as I expected but at least I pulled this bastard and when I drew it it was fun.

I also opened three, THREE copies of Ever After. In my price booster (only got one) I got the fourth copy.
>>
Went 3-2, got Jace, Sorin and Avacyn from prize packs, Olivia and Westvale
Abbey in deck, played a RGB Vampire/Werewolf deck
>>
File: 16543743864.png (3 MB, 1265x972) Image search: [Google]
16543743864.png
3 MB, 1265x972
>12:00 am prerelease
Nahiri + promo westvale abbey
2-3
>16:00 pm
Jayce + Avacyn
2-0
then left cause i was a wreck. Overall would go again/10. Had a blast for my first prerelease Magic event
>>
>>46413874

>Emrakul

Is she/it related to SoI? I thought it was a different story to the eldrazi altogether
>>
>Promo
Epiphany at the Drownyard (went into my Bruna EDH)
>Pulls
Westvale Abbey, some vamps and some humans
>How big?
34 players I think, 5 rounds
>How did it go?
1-2 drop. Day started off with me pulling a back muscle during the morning workout, so I sat there in pain with no mythics and after flooding out causing me to lose 2 matches in a row I dropped and went home.

Played B/R vamps and had a G/W humans list as well, none of them particularly good.
>>
>>46415456
Supposed to be, but there are people who believe Nahiri is bringing Emrakul to Innistrad. I didn't bother saving the images or looking very deep into it, but there's supposedly a message in the clue tokens in SOI saying "Remember they came as three", referring to the three Eldrazi Titans.

If it is true, it's probably just Wizards having a hard time adjusting to the new block structure, not getting enough time/space to spread out their characters.
>>
>>46414970
Ribbit ribbit. I pulled two of the motherfucker and had a ball sacing my lands.

That said I made some terrible plays and only went 2-2 when I probably should have went 3-1
>>
Went 3-1 after pulling startled awake and avaycn. u/w flyer control.

Good shit boys
>>
Wasn't able to go today, so we're going tomorrow instead. Anybody notice any common/uncommon heavy hitters to watch out for?
>>
>>46416298
Keep an eye out for that fucking red that makes your creatures unable to block. Fucking thing lost me a match
>>
File: Image (6).png (130 KB, 223x311) Image search: [Google]
Image (6).png
130 KB, 223x311
>>46416298
>>46416326

Voldaren duelist
>>
of the five games I only won one game 2-0 tied the next three due to time and lost the last game 1-2 (due to consistent shit draws and mulliganing to 3 to even get a basic).

Pulls where:
Avacyn (promo)
Thing in the Ice
Nahiri
Flameblade Angel
Corrupted Grafstone
Drownyard Temple
Triskaidekaphobia
Brain in a Jar

Traded 2 blue clue focused uncommons (can't remember the name or effect) and a common for:
Elusive Tormentor
Scourge Wolf

Over all I'd say some solid pulls. Haven't played since the disappointment that was Zen2, but man does Inn2 look great. Can't wait to see how they fuck it all up in moon.
Bit bummed Thing is going for as high as it is right now. Just wanted to make a hanky kitchen table deck with it and hexmages.
>>
>>46416338
>>46416326
Yeah that seems bananas in limited. Hope to pull a couple
>>
>>46416298
Rabid Bite. It gives green very efficient risk less spot removal. How and why the fuck did it ever see print? For all the bitching MARO does, this is the one thing he could have prevented that would have improved the set. Other than that it's been pretty fucking fun.

Basically if something looks great in this set, that's because it is.
>>
File: en_BoqQFG1duf.png (188 KB, 265x370) Image search: [Google]
en_BoqQFG1duf.png
188 KB, 265x370
went 4/0 with 0 bombs and only rare being the green land tutor, turns out flipped lambholt pacifist with griffins boon on turn 3 is tough to beat.
literally opened 4 lands and that jar of eyeballs artefact in my pool though, but not complaining
>>
>>46416878
Turn 1-3 werewolves in limited is always tough unless your opponent is even faster. That said, I still wish they where useful for other things. Even jank commons and uncommons can find homes, not werewolves. They didn't even get a moo mist reprint or some other spell that can trigger transformations.
>>
It was fun, but I lost 4 matches, although none of them 2-0. Another match was a 2-0 win.

I drew decent enough green/white humans/equipment/werewolves but decided to change after the second match and built a black/blue control around my promo Startled awake.

Milling people was fun but it wasn't too effective.

Is brain in the jar any good?
>>
>>46416937
yeah, i was lucky cause i won most my die rolls and got to play first, and people often miss 2 drops in sealed. draft is going to be completely different though
>>
>>46416996
nah, i think its like a shit aether vial. maybe edh playable but not worth a card in your limited deck, better off just having the scry mana rock
>>
>>46410826
Please put MTG in the name for the smart people.
>>
>>46416676
Cool, a one sided fight for 2 is pretty solid. I'll have to go through the whole set tonight, all I know are the mythics and rares
>>
>>46417101
Eh. I am too poor for modern/standard anyway. I think it may be useful in my Sen Triplets EDH.

Aside from that, I really didn't get much good stuff. I got three rare lands (white/green and black/blue), a green shaman and that 2 red mana wolf horror. IMO my promo is the only good card I got but it was worth it - I had fun.
>>
File: Image (1).png (126 KB, 223x311) Image search: [Google]
Image (1).png
126 KB, 223x311
Quick question for you clever people

When a card has an ability cost like this, "sac named creature", such as Caustic Caterpillar in pic related, can I sacrifice another caustic caterpillar or I control or does it have to be the one I'm activating?
>>
>>46417171
[Card Name] in card text just means "this object".
>>
>>46417171
no
>>
Guys, I need some help. Almost everyone in my prerelease playgroup got our prerelease promos crimped at the bottom (pic related). Did anyone of you experience the same, or was it just our particullar batch of packs that were fucked?

Also, how does this affect the legality and worth of a card? In sleeves the crimp isn't noticable (at least from what I see. Also i have read that sometimes crimped cards can be worth more than the initial price. How can one determine that?
>>
File: compellingdeterrence.full.jpg (79 KB, 240x345) Image search: [Google]
compellingdeterrence.full.jpg
79 KB, 240x345
What is the best card in SOI, both effect and flavour/art vise and why is it Compelling Deterrence?

Also, why is everyone and their mothers wear tricorns in Innistrad?
>>
File: 133529439555.gif (16 KB, 420x460) Image search: [Google]
133529439555.gif
16 KB, 420x460
>>46417171
Stupid question is stupid
>>
>>46417195
>>46417201
thanks

>>46417244
>derp derp don't ask questions ever

fuck off
>>
>>46417236
That's a funny way to spell Topplegeist
>>
>>46417152
yeah i was in the same boat, but wheni said 'shit aether vial' i mean like how grizzly bears is a shit goyf. However you never know what crazy shenanigans can end up happening in modern. i thinks its designed more as a flavour/edh card, and i deffs will try and slot it in my UR commander deck somewhere
>>
3-1 here at my midnight, Pool had Thing in the ice, Goldnight Castigator, Geralf's Masterpiece, BR Handland and Diregraf colossus, really bad equipment promo and the bad R enchantment. Needless to say, having the Thing, Castigator, Masterpiece and Colossus in a UR deck splashing black for the Zommbie, removal, and tooth collector was pretty good. Matches usually ground out until i just dug through the deck with my mad prophet to find a flier to run down the Three Fucking RG werewolf decks that i faced. Forget what i lost to desu.
>>
>>46417236

>What is the best card in SOI, both effect and flavour/art vise and why is it Compelling Deterrence?
Best card in SOI is Anguished Unmaking, both effect an flavour wise. Compelling Deterrence is good IF you have a zombie, but any card that is situational and not good on its own is not really a good card.

Also, why is everyone and their mothers wear tricorns in Innistrad?
Innistrad is moddeled after medieval/gothic Europe, wich is a period in which these kind of hats were worn. In the lore those hats are the signal of a cathar, human soldiers who fight against eveil/darkness on Inistrad.
>>
File: Sigarda-Herons-Grace.png (314 KB, 350x487) Image search: [Google]
Sigarda-Herons-Grace.png
314 KB, 350x487
Managed to win the whole damned thing with WG humans, 20 people turnout. Had the Heron bitch, she was like an avatar of victory.
>>
>>46417367
Goddammit failed the greentext
>>
File: Image.png (122 KB, 223x311) Image search: [Google]
Image.png
122 KB, 223x311
2 copies of pic I specifically built my deck around having three of disappeared sometime during deckbuilding and I did not notice until after game 2. Confirmed that I was missing exactly 2 commons after the event so I was not just delirious.

1-2-1 with 22 people, not an intentional draw but we still hoped we would get something, didn't. 2-2 is always 1 new pack and 1 old pack.

Priced my rares on goldfish and got to $23 + thing in the ice (which we expect to go down)

Three of the new dumb lands, Devil's playground, Promo: "the cast spells with the same name from your graveyard for regular cost enchantent", Exile all creatures with delirium get an angel, Owling mine enchantment.
Implying I remember names

Keeping ice thing because one of my commanders is a sea monsters them deck.
>>
>>46417224
its a misprint, and is sometimes valued higher, as long as its sleeved in an opaque sleeve, you should be fine.I think
>>
>>46410826
We had a shitton of people, so we had 7 rounds starting at midnight Went 4-2-1.

Promo Ever After
Another Ever After
Avacyn
Sorin
From the Floorboards

Needless to say, I went Black/White, had a solid set of removal, unfortunately, my creatures pretty much across all colors were mostly mediocre.

Most notable cards:
Topplegeist was probably my best non-rare card. Hitting delirium with this on the field was pretty much a guaranteed victory even when I had shitty creatures.

Silverstrike is probably the premier limited non-rare removal spell. Condition is easy to meet, and it comes with a little bit of life-gain. I'd still play it without the life gain, easy, it is just icing on the cake. Mind you, that life gain did actually save me a few times.

Avacyn, obviously. 50% of the time, she won the game because she was a combat trick with a sera angel attached, 25% of the time she won because she was a sera angel, and 25% of the time she won because the opponent scooped when she came out.

Sorin was a solid card, has good defensive and offensive applications. +1 is card advantage, and helps wittle down opponents who had walls of creatures I couldn't get past, -X is solid removal, and you get some life gain out of it, solid offensive and defensive option. His -9 never happened.

From Under the Floorboards gives you 6 power on board for 5 mana, the gaining life is seldom and important factor of this card, but is a nice bonus.

Ever After was never the card I needed it to be, but then, almost of all of my creatures were bad. Mostly it allowed me to feel less bad about blocking sometimes, and at best, allowed me to get my topplegeist back. I'm assuming if I had less shit creatures, it would have been more valuable, but whatever.
>>
File: everafter[1].jpg (42 KB, 265x370) Image search: [Google]
everafter[1].jpg
42 KB, 265x370
This bad boy won me every game I got to use it.
I even managed to cheat out an Angel of Deliverance on turn 6 with it.

Overall I think the pre-release was pretty fun. Pretty much all my pulls were low-power rares but still managed to win most of my games. The overall limited environment seems pretty fun.
>>
Got Cryptolith Rite as my promo, then opened Descend upon the Sinful, Deathcap Cultivator, Engulf the Shore, Scourge Wolf, Always Watching, and Silverfur Partisan as my rares. Tried a Red/Green aggro deck abusing skulk with Skeleton Key and the two or three pump spells I got, ended up losing 2-0 to Junk deck that opened Sorin, Gitgud Toad, and way too many of those 1/1 deathtouch rats, I just didn't have enough aggressive creatures to close the game out before he could plop down a few 1/1 deathtouchers to lock me out.

Changed my deck up to Red/White equipment as I had two Avacynian Missionaries, a few decent equipment, and two copies of Angelic Purge. Ended up losing 0-2 against a Black Red deck that had a skulker and the red double strike pump and black +3/+1 lifelink pump in his opening hand both games and just proceeded to pick away at me from there, winning any race I could try to start.

After this I got salty as fuck and just said "fuck it", went three colors, shoved all of the removal I'd opened into an esper deck, beat some poor kid who was playing 5 color "this is the cool stuff I opened" and finally lost my third round to White Black zombie tokens/Ormendahl when I flooded both games while running 15 lands.

Overall a pretty shit night. I don't like to blame the cards, but man I really felt like I got fucked. There were 15 planeswalkers running around in the 31 person event, and almost everyone opened on color mythics and rares.
>>
So when is the actual release date?

Also, do you think getting a fatpack for 20 quid is worth it?
>>
>>46418001
the 8th

what kind of quid?
>>
>>46418287
English pound
>>
what are my fellow U/W playing? uninvited geist hasn't lost a game yet
>>
>>46418305
£20 is a decent price. that's about what they're going for on magiccardmarket before shipping

Depends what "worth it" is to you.
It looks like there are enough good mythics and meme rares that will keep some value. Of course you could just pull garbage.

At the very least you could resell a sealed fat pack for 20 quid a year from now
>>
Mildly salty over the flyer dominance, because I got no bombs and all my losses came from other people playing a Sigarda or Avacyn and just winning because the best removal I pulled was, no joke, reduce to ashes.
>>
>>46410826
2-0
2-0
2-1
2-0

These were my results this at my LGS. Went with Bant Cluedo + Werewolves + Some mill since I got Startled Awake. I crushed everybody. Hard.

For everybody that wants advice: Green is key. Werewolves are very, very potent and clues work extremely well for them. They help you get card advantage without having to flip your wolves. Also flash creatures.
>>
Is it just me or are these packs just a bit different from the usual?

I've noticed from a pack that it has 4 uncommons this time around. And the rare slot is now a card behind instead of being the last card. Also some packs contain two rares.

Friend of mine actually pulled two prerelease promos from his kit but no rare from a pack.
>>
File: SoIPrereleaseSealedPull.jpg (3 MB, 3120x4160) Image search: [Google]
SoIPrereleaseSealedPull.jpg
3 MB, 3120x4160
>>46418614
>>
>>46418614
Sigarda and Avacyn (in the same deck) was the only thing I won against.
>>
>>46418747
Its cause of the DFC, theres always a DFC in the back, and it can be uncommon, rare, common, etc, and then before it is a rare. He probably did pull a rare but saw an uncommon as his last card that was the dfc and just assumed he got no rare. Happened to me yesterday, almost forgot about the way they package DFC sets.
>>
>>46418833
Hmm, I guess thats the case.

Still have never seen two non-foil rares from a single pack. Happened to me in two packs, once during sealed and the other while opening prize packs.
>>
Got nothing too exciting. Had a deck where the only rares were two B/R lands.

Ended up with an extremely boring Mardu midrange deck that won by just out grinding my opponent with spirits n such.

Went 4/1 lost in the last round to a guy who i am sure only won because he was playing every rare and each one was a bomb.

THAT ALL ASIDE.

This format looks like it will be a blast to draft. The sealed is a little weird seeing that the set seems to lean heavy on the side of synergy, but the commons of this set seem pretty strong, reminiscent to khans of tarkir.
>>
>>46416326
The obsessive skinner can get out of hand very badly. Have something to deal with fliers, games can get really stuck on the ground.
>>
tiny tourny. 3 rounds, i go 2/0/1. I pulled Avacyn as my promo and Olivia for money. Played GW cause I had tons of strong creatures, 2 Rabid Bites, 2 silver strikes, and another piece of white removal. All prize packs were garbage, but promo ava is sitting at 80 dollars right now and I'm unloading that shit asap.
>>
File: WP_20160402_001.jpg (1 MB, 2592x1456) Image search: [Google]
WP_20160402_001.jpg
1 MB, 2592x1456
I'm quite content with my pulls. I was afraid of getting a shit promo, but when I saw the gitgud monster I felt really happy.
>>
Is it worth keeping or selling mythics right now?

I pulled an Archangel Avacyn and I'm not sure if she will be used in standard very much.
>>
>>46419998
sell now, rebuy later after she drops if you need her in a deck. She's really powerful and will see play, but I dont think she's 30 dollars good.
>>
>>46410826
2-2, with two byes.

I opened nothing of worth aside from maybe decleration in stone promo. Meanwhile my 12 yearo old brother who plays once every few months opened 4 mythics. Sorin, Olivia, foil Mindwreck Demon and Behold the Beyond.

His pulls are becomming better and better and from the data I have there's about a 40% chance that the Egypt themed block will have Gods and a God pack, which of course my brother will open.

And he still goes 0-4 every time.
>>
File: 20160402_175952.jpg (1 MB, 3264x1836) Image search: [Google]
20160402_175952.jpg
1 MB, 3264x1836
>Round 1, get stomped by RG werewolves with Arlin. Never played or drew Triscuits
>Round 2 beat UG with outright damage, then with Triscuits effect after it was bounced to top of my deck.
>Round 3 opponent was paired down with me, beat his Git-Gud Frog deck with Triscuits 2/2 games
>Round 4 UW tokens deck, opponent kept dodging 13 life with lifegain spirit ETB effect, went to turns game 2 and conceded.

pic was deck, sans a Rottenheart Ghoul
>>
>>46417224

It happened to next to everyone at my prerelease as well.
>>
>>46420176
>Egypt theme Gods
Fuck yes, I'd brew the shit out of a Not!Anubis EDH deck, even if the card is complete shite.
>>
>>46420277
I'll send you mine. His type will just be God, so what do I want with him?

>R/W Hound Legend never
>>
>>46420277
>Not!Anubis
>Not running Sphinx Tribal

its like you don't want to play broken flyers.
>>
Pulled an Avacyn
Rolled with green/white humans/wolves
Ended up in the top 30 out of 140, could've done better if I hadn't screwed up the last pairing

Overall I had a lot of fun, and I wanted Avacyn anyway so I am pretty content.
>>
>>46420627
140 at a prerelease? Goddam that's a big crowd.
>>
>>46420627
>140-man prerelease

What kind of stores do you guys have?

My LGS only has room for up to 32. Largest LGS has room for maybe 50 or 60.
>>
>>46410826
Opened Arlin, played G/R aggro with no nonbasics or dedicated mana fixing

> match 1, game 1
Keep a hand with only one land type, never see the other, get fucked, lose

> match 4, game 1
Keep a hand with only one land type, never see the other, get fucked, lose

Went 2-1-1 and got 3 packs, plus opened that Arlin and a promo Thing in the Ice, but I'm still mad from knowing I could've done so much better.
>>
>>46420703
>>46420697
they rent out bigger locations because prerelease events turn up a huge crowd. Usual in-store events are 10-30 people.
This was the biggest prerelease I've seen in recent times though, last ones were around 70-90 people. Still big though I guess. Might have something to do with the scarcity of actual LGS around here.
>>
>>46420729
>no mana fixing

Well...you kinda asked for it.

I had one Warped Landscape in my deck, although I also mullled down to 5 sometimes due to not having the correct lands to play.
>>
File: image.jpg (44 KB, 223x311) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
44 KB, 223x311
btw this guy is a beast in limited. Won me the majority of my games.
>>
>>46410826
Went 1-3. Was playing Black/Blue with Red splash. Pulled a Jace, Sigarda, and two of the duo lands that can come in untapped if you reveal a land that taps for one of it's two mana (Foreboding Ruins and Choked Estuary).

Not many people showed up, was around maybe 15-20ish people. Had a good time even though I didn't do well. The good pulls were enough to keep me happy.
>>
>>46420703
My store requires people to pre-register for 32 player tournaments because the place exploded during Origins.

The other store in my area gets around 30 people split over Single and Two-Headed, and they need to rent restaurants because the actual store is smaller than my closet.

140 people is what, two gym halls full of tables? Preperations must be a bitch.
>>
Didn't get any Restless Dead. In other news reasons to live back down to 0.
>>
>>46420788
Every game I kept a hand with both land types in it I did fine. I was running a very low mana curve so the only real issue was color. The two times I got screwed it was for being a fucking idiot and keeping a hand I should've pitched.
>>
>>46418806
>Diregraf Colossus
>Prized Amalgam

Fuck man, how come everyone else got those cards. I'm like the only guy at my LGS that actually wanted em, and I missed out.
>>
>>46420820
Relentless Dead friendo, and I didn't get any either if it makes you feel better.
>>
>>46420841
I played against a guy that managed to recurse prized amalgam via the uncommon horse EoT, sacced them into Ohrmendal and brought them right back. Those zombies go nuts with a few key rares.

The best thing I would have beaten him had I gotten that second forest a turn earlier.
>>
File: 1456702762359.png (229 KB, 540x398) Image search: [Google]
1456702762359.png
229 KB, 540x398
>>46420841
>Want to get Sorin because despite looking like crap artwise my WB boner knows no bounds
>Prerelease is full
>Both friends who went pulled Sorins

I feel your pain. I'll try to see if there's a prerelease pack left tomorrow or something.
>>
>>46420915
Mail it to me in my dreams Anonymous friend.

>>46420907
I just want em for my shitty zombie casual that I play with friends. Always fun to push the power level of casual up a bit.
>>
File: 651.jpg (27 KB, 519x440) Image search: [Google]
651.jpg
27 KB, 519x440
>Everyone that I know and faced pulled a fuckton of value
>All walkers pulled, Foils worth $22, etc
>Get shit value and have to 4-0 to get my prize packs
>Still pull less value than everyone else.
>>
File: image.jpg (66 KB, 265x370) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
66 KB, 265x370
It'd be really awesome if they brought back Hellbent for the next set but instead it's just going to be more fucking Eldrazi.

Oh well, at least there's a decent chance that next block will go back to Kamigawa.

In other news, should I unload a promo Thing in the Ice ASAP or hold onto it? I rarely play blue in constructed so my main concern is value.
>>
Went to my first ever pre release.

Got Jace, Promo Nahiri and Avacyn. Played a WR deck but sadly went 3-8. Kept having mana problem until someone pointed out that i should run a 40 deck instead of a 60 one.
>>
>>46420799

Only if you can enable delirium.

Pic related is also a monster in limited if you're somehow able to enable delirium. It's remove or die type of a card.
>>
File: 154555554548.png (232 KB, 280x200) Image search: [Google]
154555554548.png
232 KB, 280x200
>>46420975
I know that feel too well. Hope ya pull better with your next pack, anon.

>>46421338
Meanwhile in Goodpullsvile...
>>
>>46420841
>>46420915

Do you even know how to trade? People are mostly willing to trade stuff during prereleases.
>>
>>46421338
Anon, I know this was your first pre-release, but you could at least have looked up the rules of the format to see that it's a 40 card minimum
>>
>>46421433
I was aware of that but before i had only played 60 card decks so i just played the only way i knew how to.
>>
File: IMG_20160402_122301506.jpg (3 MB, 4320x2432) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160402_122301506.jpg
3 MB, 4320x2432
I fucking lost, but my pulls were sweet.
>>
>>46421467
Do you understand why people don't run decks with more than 60 cards even though they're allowed to?
>>
>>46421736
because it lowers the chance of you pulling your really valuable cards which means that it lowers the chances of you preforming well. Its also very rare that you need that many cards or that you even pull more than 40 cards in a game.

i had it explained to me by some helpful veteran player actually.
>>
>>46421806
Its fine as long as you don't do it again, although I wonder why someone didn't tip you off after your first match.

Kinda surprised you managed to take 3 matches actually.
>>
File: SOI Prerelease Pulls.jpg (3 MB, 4080x2520) Image search: [Google]
SOI Prerelease Pulls.jpg
3 MB, 4080x2520
>>46421488
I fucking won, my pulls were shit.
>>
>>46421405
I couldn't stay for it or the saturday ones since I had to do some things. Also it'd be way better to trade for stuff after the prerelease when prices die down plus there's a damn nice satisfaction to pulling that thing you wanted.
>>
>>46410826
I went 1-2.

Noteworthy stuff I pulled are as follows: Arlinn Kord, Silverfur Partisan (wolf tokens ahoy), Fortified Village, Descend upon the Sinful, Deathcap Cultivator, Hanweir Militia Captain, and my promo was Drowyard Temple.

The event at my FLGS was huge given that the place comfortably fits 30 people and 50-60 were crammed into the store. There were free pastries before the pre-release...

Overall things went fairly well and I'm pretty psyched I got my hands on the three new scarecrows.
>>
>>46421238
>Oh well, at least there's a decent chance that next block will go back to Kamigawa.

>three return blocks back to back
>going back to literally the least likely plane to return to that still exists

Are you retarded?
>>
>>46421238
Yes, unload the promo ASAP.

Thing in the Ice is a speculation card right now and has no real deck. Its going to drop in price soon after release before picking back up.

Also Promos never hold as much value as a regular foil.
>>
File: image.jpg (1 MB, 2048x1529) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1 MB, 2048x1529
>>46421488
>>46421994
I fucking won AND my pulls were sweet.

Today was a good day.
>>
>>46421806
Right. It's not just about having the best cards though, it's about having the right cards at the right cards at the right time. No matter how many cards are in your deck, you only start with seven (tops) and draw one each turn. You want to have the highest possible odds that those cards will be the ones you need to outplay your opponent and win the game. With every card you draw, you want to have the highest possible probability that it will be the best card to respond to whatever the board state is at that moment.

Part of the reason fetchlands are so good is that not only do they help fix your mana base, they also help thin out your deck. Every card you prune out of your deck now is a card you won't risk drawing later, when it might not be what you want. This is also why drawing additional cards is such a powerful ability.
>>
>>46422406
>Are you retarded?
No, but Wizards R&D very well may be.
>>
>>46422910

Wizards loves money too much to go back to one of the least popular sets ever.
>>
>>46422406
> Tamiyo has increased role in new Innistrad
> set has Spirit tribal mechanics
> MaRo recently said Kamigawa was most requested plane to return to
> Wizards clearly out of ideas for new sets, reduced to ripping off Avengers in a Greatest Hits block series
Face it anon, there's a decent chance.
>>
File: 002.jpg (437 KB, 936x1352) Image search: [Google]
002.jpg
437 KB, 936x1352
>>46421806
Wizards spends money to make these inserts for people like you.
>>
I pulled a foil Arlinn Kord which more than paid my entry. I didn't do very well though because I'm bad.
>>
>>46413261
shitty Bitterblossom familia
>>
Pulled a foiled stamped gitgud frog

Olivia and anguished unmaking
Oh and a foil plains

My favorite card from my packs was pic related

A 2 drop 3/2 flyer is always nice in nearly every format
>>
>>46423204
Sorry lads I'm drunk, forgot pic
>>
Against /tg/s advice I went GR Werewolves and finished 2-2. Lost to UB Tempo and BR Vamps.

This set is looking great. Win or lose, almost everyone had fun.
>>
File: IMG_1462.jpg (4 MB, 4608x3456) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1462.jpg
4 MB, 4608x3456
2-2. Also got a promo Declaration in Stone.
>>
>>46422989
Except they've already said that the next block is going to be Egypt themed
>>
>>46423398
[citation needed]
>>
>>46410826
2-2 in a prerelease with 30-something people.
Had enough cards to make three separate decks.
W/B goodstuff/fliers, built around Sorin
R/U Tempo
G/U Investigate werewolf grind

Most notable match was facing against a woman 2 or 3 decades my senior and being on the receiving end of some funky fresh jund werewolf beats feat. throttle.
>>
>>46423382
I'm >>46423479
Are you sure you're not me?
>Would take a pic of muh sorin but filthy yuro hours and such
>>
>>46421355
I got both. Based on the matches I played I'd say the blob is definitely better: it's easier to play, already solid for its mana cost as a vanilla creature, and the fact that the tokens A) enter play attacking and B) stick around is a big deal. The only times I ever got Soul Swallower out with Delirium, he just got hit with removal before doing any real damage. Meanwhile getting just one or two tokens off of Blob gave me the extra push I needed to win several games.
>>
>>46423555
>filthy yuro hours
Yep, pretty sure I'm not you.
>>
File: Image.png (107 KB, 223x311) Image search: [Google]
Image.png
107 KB, 223x311
my promo was scourge wolf, but didn't got anything worthy in red...
sweet first pack opening with Jace+Thing in the Ice, but rest of my blue pool was utter shit (only bounce spells, not a single creature except the 3cmc looter)
The rest of the packs was meh.
I built a GW deck with lots of humans and some spirit generator.
MVP of all my games was pic related. Slamming this on the 3/3 Trample human was bonkers with all the board stall.
Also played with Odric which was very good with pic related and all the spirits.
Got me to 3-2
Got wrecked by the 3/3 Wurm that gets 3 +1/+1 counter when delirium.
And got my ass handed by Arlinn+Avacyn
>>
>played 3 prereleases so far, opened 100+ euro shekels while payed only 25 shekels because judging the events

Feels good. I don't care about winning. One more 2HG tomorrow.

>Avacyn
>Ormendahl promo
>2x Thing in the Ice
>3 rare dual lands
>2x menace mythic zombie, one as promo
>Arlinn Kord
>+ assorted value

After three sets of horrible prereleases I finally feel good again.
Thread replies: 158
Thread images: 38

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.