[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Urban Shaman Quest (aka Hexer Quest Redux)
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1
File: awaken the power within.gif (2 MB, 631x850) Image search: [Google]
awaken the power within.gif
2 MB, 631x850
Death. Is it a door? Is it an endless pit? A road to travel, a goal to seek? Why, child, that is a question few will ever know for sure.

Perhaps experience is the best, in that case. And whose experience is better than your own, right?

Ah, but how convenient, then, for yours is a soul who just returned!

So tell me, child. Tell me how you died.

[] Deprivation. Hunger, cold, thirst... I can't quite recall anymore, but it's not funny.
[] Wrath. One wrong turn. One bad word, and you get your punk ass shot. Funny how that goes, huh?
[] Pestilence. Whoops. I guess that H was a bit purer than anticipated.
[] Time.We all end at one point, but I couldn't accept it.
[] Despair. It's all pointless, so why not end it? Of course, I can't say I didn't regret it once I made my way down that building...
>>
>>46409415
(First poster's name determines PC name and gender)
>>
>>46409415
>[X] Time.We all end at one point, but I couldn't accept it.
>>
>>46409415
>wraith
>>
>>46409415
>Deprivation. Hunger, cold, thirst... I can't quite recall anymore, but it's not funny.
>>
Rolled 3 (1d3)

1 = Time
2 = Wrath
3 = Deprivation
>>
[X] Deprivation
The street sings with the voice of cold winds and old newspaper as I slowly open my eyes to a new world. I look down on myself, taking in the tattered suit and dress shoes, my body an emanciated mess of dry skin and atrophied muscle.
>Mote pool: 1
>Synchronicity: 4
>Rites available: ?
>Path: Kali
The stones underneath me sing, a song f old age and eteernal life, telling of the first day and the hope of endings, the sky above smiling with barely constrained mirth at the ignorance of the peoples below.

I hunger. Not for food. I kniow that much. On instinct, I grasp at the air, drawing forth *something* within it.
>Motes: 2
Not enough. I stumble forward, the Heresy of Babel feeling oppressive on all sides. 'Punish them'. The thought comes unbidden, but oh what a sweet prospect it is. Slaughter. Consume. Rend. Destroy. I can feel my teeth lenghten at the prospect, only snapping back as I almost run into an old lady, the scent of Time thick around her.

Disgusting.

[] Find something to feed on
[] Find someone to feed on
[] Okay, wait. Fuck it. I need to get dressed.
[] Talk to the street. It seems obnoxiously cheery.
>>
>>46410040
>Talk to the street. It seems obnoxiously cheery.
>>
>>46410040
>Talk to the street. It seems obnoxiously cheery.
"Why does one so low have such high spirits?"
>>
>>46410040
>[] Talk to the street. It seems obnoxiously cheery.
>>
[X] Talk to the street. It seems obnoxiously cheery.

"Praytell, why doth one as low as thee have such high spirits?" It comes out way less casual than I planned, my words turning into a complex latticework of interlocking symbols, each one bearing within it an infinte number of meanings whose baroque beauty exclipses mankind's most starteling works of art.

"A Seer Has Awakened. A Seer Will Know. A Seer will Teach. Praised be the name of the Seer, Praised be the Judgement he will deliver. Do we not cheer on his return? Do we not sing to his arrival? Do we not dance and rejoice for Truth has come and light has shown its gracious face?" The street's voice is like the smell of dried oil and the rumbling of horse carts, a sonorous salute speaking supreme in infinite harmony.

I blink, looking downwards, and from the cracks and crannies I see winks and waves, cheerful declarations that defy definition.

"The Seer is weak, the seer thirsts. Let us quench the Seer for in its glory shall we shine"
>Motes: 12
I can feel my flesh return to its former glory, my fallen-in cheeks flushing with new life as the power dances through by bones.

>Contract Acquired: Street
>Rite Acquired: Song of Journeys (Manipulate the distance between two places as long as they're man-made)
[] "Uh... thanks?"
[] "Hook me up with some more of that"
[] "...what?"
[] Run
[] "Can I do something for you?"
>>
>>46410286
>"Hook me up with some more of that"
>"Can I do something for you?"
>>
>>46410286
>[] "Uh... thanks?"
>[] "Can I do something for you?"

I do not know if you want votes for several options, but I feel that this would be appropriate.
>>
>>46410286
>[] "Uh... thanks?"
>[] "Can I do something for you?"
>>
>>46410286
>Run
Let's fast-travel to Justice
>>
(Closing in 10, surprised there's interest in this kind of concept)
>>
(Closing)
>>
>>46410428
New guy here, but is this about bringing forth the apocalypse, or is it not supposed to be obvious what our goal is yet?
Because as far as I can tell, we've died/almost died, and came back with the blessings of the universe to rise again and punish the world. That seems pretty apocalypse-y to me.
Also I guess you've stopped for today? Well, I'll keep an eye out for this in the future, seems neat so far.
>>
>>46410428
Sup Code giving a bump for interest
>>
My apologies, I happened to fall asleep.
>>46410819
Actual minor spoiler, not a surprise box: You can certainly do that, but there can be more than one goal.
>>
Are we still playing?
>>
>>46414459
probably, but only OP can say at this point
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.