[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Does your setting have magic-based contraception /tg/?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 5
Does your setting have magic-based contraception /tg/?
>>
>>46408459
Yes. Only seems fair since magic based conception is a thing as well.
>>
File: Coat Hanger.jpg (21 KB, 615x294) Image search: [Google]
Coat Hanger.jpg
21 KB, 615x294
>>46408459
Absolutely fuckin magical
>>
It would if anyone bothered to invent it, but it hasn't really occurred to any major character. Using magic to enhance fertility or ensure the inheritance of certain traits is a much hotter area of research.
>>
>>46408459
I sent my group on a misc quest one time, using an idea I took from some big ideas post here. An old and angry mage didn't like the way society was progressing, so he set a group of ethereal filchers he'd bound to his power into the local city, where they would suddenly appear and scream bloody murder uppon any attempt to copulate.
>>
Why are you making thinly veiled /pol/ threads.

Just go to /pol/.
>>
>>46408675
How is this /pol/?

I don't see any mentions of NIGGERS, THE JEWS, FUCK WOMEN, etc, and nobody's been called a cuck yet. That's at least three degrees away from /pol/.
>>
>>46408459
Yes, but most people use herbs instead because they are cheaper even if not 100% reliable.
>>
File: elf eating softcream.gif (170 KB, 300x199) Image search: [Google]
elf eating softcream.gif
170 KB, 300x199
>>46408459
I recognize that filename.
>>
>>46408954
Yes its from that. When Volt was raping the brown elf princess she had that "circle of protection: semen" on her stomach. So Volt went to the trouble of getting his mage to disenchant it before raping her again

It occured to me that this spell would actually be really useful outside of rape protection. Didn't the Romans caused a herb to go extinct because it was a contraceptive?
>>
>>46408459
Nobody's bothered. All the fantasy races are true species, and can't interbreed without magical assistance. That's a hassle for actual mixed-species couples - magical assistance usually means something like finding a witch who sends you on a quest - but everyone else picked up on the practical applications. So you see human prostitutes in elf towns and elf prostitutes in human towns, and that's solution enough.
>>
>>46408459
No.
>>
>>46408459
Just use Teleport Object/Other on the foetus/baby
>>
>>46409648
The famous telebortion.
>>
>>46408459
I'd say yes. It's called Mage Hand.
>>
>>46408459
No, it has faith-assisted pregnancy that lets men and women from different species mate. Homos can't mate and produce children because nobody approves.
>>
>>46409665
How? Do you put it in the vagoo and have it catch the semen?
>>
>>46408459
No, Iron Heart Surge is mundane.
>>
Do I hear a mention of "fetus deletus"?
>>
Yup.
>>
>>46408459
Probably, but why you would want such a thing with access to modern physical and chemical means I dont quite get.
>>
In 3.5, the spell Curse definitely allows for the possibility of contraception. And better, it's easily reversed.
>>
>>46411540
You curse them with infertility?
>>
>>46409192
>Didn't the Romans caused a herb to go extinct because it was a contraceptive?
Yes.
And in D&D there is an item based off of that.
>>
>>46411589
It's amusing to think of husbands and wives going to the local wizard and getting cursed with infertility instead of getting a vasectomy or whatever the female equivalent is.
>>
>>46411764
>>46411589
That's basically how it worked. It happened when I was playing a hard drinking, hard partying female barbarian and it was pointed out that was a bit unrealistic, since with her record she should be pregnant almost constantly. So I looked at Curse, realized it's totally within the description, and thus I discovered the way that 3.5 characters use indefinite contraceptive measures.

http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/bestowCurse.htm
My math's a bit fuzzy, I'll admit, but it should cost about 300 gold to get one done, right?
>>
>>46408459
It has the roman herb.

And an alchemic potion which enhances it. The thing most people ask at the local herbalist is this.
>>
>>46408459
Yes, but it's pretty damn expensive to track down a wizard and get them to cast contraception spells on you. It's generally only used by casters themselves, by people with the means to regularly pay casters for this kind of service, and maybe special occasions.
>>
>>46411940
Best way to do it.
>>
>>46408459
Yes. In my setting Wizards socks and gloves are as thin as silk and you can't feel them while wearing them. They're also impenetrable, leading to Wizards roaming the countryside and city streets in their socks (or forgetting to put socks on and regretting it immediately).

Wizards also loan out their socks and gloves when not in need to replace condoms, but you have to give it back within half an hour of use so the wizard can wear them again, his feet and hands get cold easily.
>>
File: mfw cooper.jpg (29 KB, 375x266) Image search: [Google]
mfw cooper.jpg
29 KB, 375x266
>>46411987
>>
>>46411981
Thanks.

Is mentioning it's also an export crop too much?
>>
>>46408483
>Magic coathanger of +10 against embryos and infants
>My sides
>>
Well there are herbs that aid in the prevention, you can pray to a goddess of fertility to not be pregnant, or you can go with stranger means like a magic seal or fairy boon. Those are in the extreme examples.
>>
>>46408675
If this is secretly a /pol/ thread, I guess I'm a Nazi, because I didn't notice.
>>
>>46410690
You do whatever you have to do to not have more mouths to feed.
>>
>>46408459
It's one of those settings where children's souls are created beforehand and are under the protection of a goddess.
So basically, if you're not willing to have a kid, you just don't get one.
Which has led to uncountable heated conversations between couples as to the real reason for infertility.
>>
>>46408483
That's abortion, not contraception, though.
>>
Are dental dams magical?
Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.