[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
DISABLED HANDYCAP BUSTED general
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 6
File: external fixator.png (2 MB, 1024x1712) Image search: [Google]
external fixator.png
2 MB, 1024x1712
I have a fucked up leg, received disability for it and everything.

It makes it extremely difficult to walk without aid, or even to stand for extended periods. The worst part of it is the fact that I cannot sit in a chair for longer than a few hour sprints.

I'm going to my first Friday night magic since the accident. I believe they're having a Pre-release, which was at one time my favorite format.

Wish me luck.

Post if you got a disability
Post how it effects your /tg/
Post her name[/spoiler[
>>
/tg/ is not your blog.
>>
[Spoiler] emi [/spoiler] ...or is that not what you're looking for
>>
>>46405626

Preach it Martha.
>>
>>46405626
I'm getting my literal fat ass out to go socialize tonight, so could you bump my thread for me? Thanks.

>>46405631
Sarah
>>
>>46405583
Here's a fun fact, I'm a federal attorney whose job it is to evaluate disability claims and deny benefits to the unworthy. There's a decent chance that you passed before my terrible gaze once upon a time and were spared, OP.
>>
File: thanks.png (950 KB, 2472x1881) Image search: [Google]
thanks.png
950 KB, 2472x1881
>>46405803
Woah

I had a good judge, but he took a few months to think it over before it was granted.

Will see him again in five years or so, hope we cross paths once more. Cheers!
>>
>>46405803
Irl rules lawyer
>>
>>46405803
Also I'm fairly certain they dont have one guy vetting all disability cases
>>
Man, that sucks OP, I hope you still manage to enjoy yourself.

I've suffered from lifelong Dyspraxia, a minor but irritating disability. It's a hand eye coordination and dexterity deficiency, clinical clumsiness basically. I have to be really careful not to drop or fumble pieces and cards, and when it comes to building and painting miniatures I often need help to not ruin them entirely.

It's nowhere near as harsh as what you're suffering, but we all cope in our own ways. What's important is to not lot anything stop you enjoying your hobby.
>>
You should put blades and shit on your brace
>>
>>46405803
Holy shit anon, I work at an Ortho clinic who's job is to provide second opinions after Federal requests. Mite b on the same team!
>>
>>46405583
maybe if you lost some weight it'd help fatty
>>
>>46405894
True enough. But once you get to the level where there's a judge involved >>46405851, then it's probably gone to one of the six regional offices. So, there's a 1 in 6 chance that his case passed through my office. If it did, there's maybe a 5% chance I personally authorized his benefits and about a 30% chance that I was consulted with to some extent on his case.

I hope you were one of my cases, but I have no way of knowing for sure.
>>
File: mechanical arm.jpg (40 KB, 450x677) Image search: [Google]
mechanical arm.jpg
40 KB, 450x677
>>46405583
If a limb fails you, remove it and replace it with the purity of the machine. In Yawgmoth's name, let it be done.
>>
>>46405583

How do you fap?
>>
>>46406304
You fap with your legs?
>>
>>46406060
how do you determine who deserves and who doesn't?
>>
>>46406583
There is an arcane system of regulations about 10,000 pages in length that offers vague guidance on just about every scenario imaginable.

Also, we collect a vast amount of medical evidence from a claimant's doctors that is analyzed for us be a subsidiary agency.
>>
>>46405583
So did you bust your leg for being fucking fat or what? I mean if youre gonna blogpost like a bitch then at least make it interesting.
>>
>>46405583
*Pins in the right wrist and elbow
*five rebuilt knuckles, almost my entire *shoulder ball and socket replaced
*plate holding my right orbital and cheek together. My eyes are still slightly crooked when you look at me, and I lost 60% vision in my right eye
*Two fused repairs in my mandible, with the back two molars in the right side replaced with implants
*cranial plate over fracture weakened hemisphere
*Four pins in my pelvis
*Pins in both knees, but with my lifestyle, I'll need to get the right one replaced in five years or so.
*Plate in the right tibia
*A bunch of nerve damage all over.

Still going strong though. I haven't been on a pain management contract in years (meaning I can drink), and while I fluxuate in weight too easily, I am not in terrible shape- though I have about 40 pounds between me and total comfort.

All the cortisone shots are a cock though.

Stay strong, and take care of yourself OP.
>>
>>46407344
Astounding work Magos, though your clinging to the flesh is questionable your bionics are most impressive.
>>
>>46407835
It sounds way more impressive than it is. Uncle Sam put me back together with a Home Depot gift card.

I am: The Three Million Peso Man.
>>
>>46406865
Can you give examples of some of the stranger scenarios you've found in it?
>>
>>46406429

Yeah I use them for balance
>>
>>46406865
Why do you niggers deny people with legitimate disabilities yet let fat people and trannies skate by?
>>
File: Doctor_Hue.gif (2 MB, 280x242) Image search: [Google]
Doctor_Hue.gif
2 MB, 280x242
>>46407924
>>
>>46406023
Are you fucking kidding me? I'm the Judge who was assigned this case!
>>
>>46408118
>Can you give examples of some of the stranger scenarios you've found in it?
Probably the most offensively stupid thing is that any information that a claimant provides in the course of his claim is basically considered privileged communication and cannot be used to prosecute him. Since we ask about work and earnings, I've encountered several people who admitted that their "work" was dealing drugs or robbing houses. Plus, since we compare the claimant's work allegations with tax records we uncover tax evasion all the time. Nothing is done about any of it.

But the silliest thing is probably one of the mental conditions we can accept; a persistent and unrealistic interpretation of symptoms confirmed by a diagnosis of mental illness. So yes, you can get disability benefits if you just keep insisting over and over that you are deathly ill and a doctor diagnoses you with a mental illness.

>>46410800
Generally because honest people accept the initial denial while the fat fucks keep on appealing and re-filing for years until they finally find some combination of alleged disabling conditions that we can't disprove.

Plus, the way disability is determined (having a condition that would prevent you from doing any work you are qualified to do) means that physical disabilities are much harder to get benefits for than mental/personality disorders. If you can't walk, you can still sit in a chair and type on a computer, but if you're an aggressively antisocial crazy person it's almost impossible to work in any capacity.
>>
>>46405583
Don't worry boss, it'll only get better. I was in a car accident on the way home from a D&D game and ended up on a walking stick.

>mfw I've just been given a false warning before posting for apparently requesting source in a /gif/ thread. One of my roommates needs a smack.
>>
I tore a pectoral tendon in college. Doesn't stop me from doing from doing anything but bench pressing, but boy is it a pain in my ass when it gets really cold and dry.
>>
>>46407344
Speedy is that you? I remember when you did that if it is.
>>
I've got chronic fatigue, back and knee problems.

I do my best to not let it affect my hobby but I need to wear leg braces of I'm doing much moving around and standing for much time can cause a fair bit of pain beyond my normal levels.

Finding work is a challenge though.
>>
>>46412489
Kek, I kept getting banned from a thread in /asp/ for evading a ban I never got in the first place, and I don't even have any roommates.
>tfw ISP apparently plays fast and loose with assigning IPs
>>
>>46405583
Does autism count as a disability, or is it just assumed around here?
>>
>>46405803
Approximately how much of your job involves throwing things at people or making loud, startling sounds near the disabled?
>>
>>46413575
Nope. Im actually normally namefagging, but im keeping it off for this.
>>
>>46407344
What the fuck did you do anon?
>>
>>46414552
Ah ok. There's a guy in my 40k scene who got hit by a car running a red light while on his motor bike. Ended up in it's trailer full of junk.

Shattered his limbs and popped one of his eyes. He was fucked for ages.
Funny dude, used to bring dice babes to his games to roll dice and move far away models when he couldn't reach.
>>
I got a fused spine with metal rods securing them in place.

Nothing that affects my /tg/ing, but my getting /fit/ has been awkward due to them.

I feel like I have depression, but I'm not even sure how I'd go about getting that looked into.
>>
>>46415463
>>46407924
>Uncle Sam put me back together

Probably military.
>>
File: Tech Priest3.jpg (43 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
Tech Priest3.jpg
43 KB, 400x400
>>46405583

see
>>46406174
>>
>>46405583
Good luck, OP.

In 2010 the tendons in my feet and ankles went all to hell. Used to do combat heavy LARPs a lot and as a GM I prefered standing and moving around the living room were my games were held.
Muscle has since converted to a similar weight in fat, a few of my campaigns sputtered in the first few years since painkillers or alcohol were often needed to dull the pain to sit properly (let alone the standing I really wanted to do) though more time was lost to loss of morale and motivation when feel like shit. Was out of work for most of that time as well as a result.
Past year has started to look up across the board, full time work again and getting to where I can walk reasonably well with a cane for longer periods with only some aspirin.
Reprised an important NPC role a few times with one LARP, fortunately he was already portrayed as using a cane. Did a little canon foddering when not in that role, though I'm a long way from reprising my player characters as I was a steel plate guy.
Tabletop-wise, my group finally had a couple other people toss their hats firmly into the GMing ring, relieving me of Forever GM status. Though I do run small sessions here and there, the bigger issue is scheduling conflict for that (though my energy level for it is still weak compared to times of yore).
>>
>Disability

Have you tried manning the fuck up?
>>
>>46405583

Does your robot have a foot fetish? What am I looking at here?
>>
File: half swording.jpg (32 KB, 476x424) Image search: [Google]
half swording.jpg
32 KB, 476x424
>>46418843

But anon, he's only half a man since the accident, so he'd have to be Half-Maning, which I'm told by professional people fencers is hard to do without gauntlets and a lot of practice.
Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.