[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Alright guys, I need some help with my Space Marine army list.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3
File: 7RbNXbn.jpg (83 KB, 720x720) Image search: [Google]
7RbNXbn.jpg
83 KB, 720x720
Alright guys, I need some help with my Space Marine army list. Here's what I've got as of right now
Chapter Tactics: Ultramarines
CAD
HQ: Chief Librarian Tigurius
Elites:
Stermguard Veterans (Captain with Grav-pistol and Power Sword, 4 combi plas, 3 combi meltas, 2 combi gravs)
Ironclad Dreadnought with Chainfist and meltagun, power fist and storm bolter
Troops:
10 man Tactical Squad with Plasma Gun and Drop Pod
Fast Attack:
5 Man Assault Squad with Jump Packs, Sergeant has Melta Bombs
Heavy Support:
5 Man Devastator Squad with 4 Lascannons
Formation Detachment:
Storm Wing (Stormraven has MM and Plasma Cannon and Hurricane Bolters, Talons each have Skyhammer Missiles)

So /tg/, any ideas on what I could take to improve this list?
>>
Tigurius might make you that guy

Your Dreadnought needs a drop pod
>>
>>46401945
OP here, my plan was to slap the Dread into the Raven cause lolassaultvehicle. So would it be better to not use Tigurius for sake of being that guy?
>>
File: 1458339163420.jpg (131 KB, 600x976) Image search: [Google]
1458339163420.jpg
131 KB, 600x976
depends on your meta?

Need drop pod for the dread
if your flyer dies the dread still drops in on your opponents back row and causes disruption
>>
>>46402146
So the dread in the raven really isn't worth it?
>>
File: 250px-Hard_choices.jpg (15 KB, 250x176) Image search: [Google]
250px-Hard_choices.jpg
15 KB, 250x176
its a lot of points in one basket.

It will draw a lot of fire.
>>
>>46402368
That is true, especially since I'm stuffing the Sternguard in it too
>>
>>46401849
We have a general.

Do you really need all that on the Sternguard? At the very least, the power sword seems a little much. Give him one of the combis instead, a single power sword isn't going to draw anyone away.

Are the extra bodies in the drop pods to give a distraction? It might be better to give the sarges a special weapon, or something to up their fire power.
>>
>>46402897
Hmm, yeah, that might be better. I love the firepower the sternguard bring, and all those combis are nice in the event of combat squadding them, and killing hard targets like terminators or something. I agree, the power sword is a bit unnecessary because I plan to shoot with them
>>
>>46401849

CAD

1 Tigurius

5 Sternguard, 5 Combi-Melta
5 Sternguard, 5 Combi-Grav
1 Ironclad Dreadnought, Seismic Hammer/Melta Gun, DCCW/Heavy Flamer, Drop Pod

5 Tactical Marines, Melta Gun, Drop Pod
5 Tactical Marines, Melta Gun, Drop Pod
5 Tactical Marines, Lascannon

5 Assault Marines, 2 Flamers, Melta Bombs, 5 Jump Packs

5 Devastators, 4 Lascannons

Storm Wing

1 Stormraven, Multi-melta, Twin-Linked Lascannon or Assault Cannon
1 Stormtalon, Skyhammer Missiles
1 Stormtalon, Skyhammer Missiles

That would be the ideal wargear and setup for those units.

I would actually try to make the CAD a Demi-Company. You're already running Assault Marines and Devastators. If you swap out the Ironclad for a generic one it will have Objective Secured and you only need 5 more veteran-type squads to fulfill the formation with the Sternguard.
>>
>>46404859
What about a transport for the 2nd sternguard squad? I can only put one of them in the Raven
>>
>>46405232

Sternguard usually go in Drop Pods. I wouldn't recommend putting anything but 5 Scouts in a Stormraven.

I guess you can put the Drop Pods in the Sternguard loadout but then all your Tacticals would be on foot which isn't good.
>>
>>46405268
What about embarking the Ironclad on the Raven, and putting a Tactical Squad in a Rhino, and then giving the 3rd pod to the Sternguard? Then just combat squad them when they deploy
>>
>>46405441

I wouldn't, but that's me. Skyfire has become rarer lately with the Interceptor nerf and the shift to OP armies all being ground based, but Tau will automatically shut down that strategy if they bothered to buy Skyfire. Also without any reserves manipulation like a comms relay or Damocles, your Stormraven and Ironclad might be delayed until turn 4. That's putting you at a 300+ point disadvantage for basically the entire game.
>>
>>46405893
That's why Tigurius is nice for this list too, rerolling failed reserves is nice
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.