[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anyone have experience with Christian Boardgame groups? One
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 2
File: jesus_lizard.jpg (145 KB, 580x869) Image search: [Google]
jesus_lizard.jpg
145 KB, 580x869
Anyone have experience with Christian Boardgame groups?

One near my area that has an event with free waffles next tuesday and was wondering if its actual boardgames or if its just a group of people trying to save my soul.
>>
It's obviously a sinister trap, and you'll inevitably end up going there, learning something, and wind up a better person than you are now.

But hey, free waffles.
>>
>>46401727
It's probably just a group of Christians who play boardgames. Sort of like going to a gaming event with Sam Healey and Tom Vasel, I imagine. Yes, there is probably an element of evangelism, but I imagine it's more "hey, we are Christians and play games, come play with us", rather than get you in and preach at you.
>>
+Boardgames
+Waffles
-Christians

I'm not sure what to think here, gonna have to be more or less hungry to make a decision.
>>
Done some research now, the group is a group doing missionary work targeted towards youth in an attempt to spread faith in a modernizing society.

Seems safe enough. I'll probably attend for the waffles. Thanks /tg/
>>
>>46402078
>- Christians

Jesus loves you, Amanda.
>>
Always wanted to do a game with other Christians. I recently converted to Catholicism, and it would be nice to RP with other similarly minded people, that dont mind playing pathfinder or world of darkness.
>>
>>46401727

Turn up with tupperware.

Put as many waffles in as you can get away with.

Leave.

Eat waffles at home. That way, if they're laced with shit, you're somewhere safe and they can't brainwash you.
>>
>>46406390
You'll have better luck with Protestant groups for rpgs than Catholics, who prefer boardgames. Where are you?
>>
>>46406424
That is why you do not eat the weight loss brownies.
>>
>>46406588
>Terrance Savage 04/01/16(Fri)22:50:13 No.46406
Bum fuck nowhere Midwest. not a lot of Catholics to talk to :(
>>
>>46406766
Ah, sorry to hear it. I'm farther east.
>>
>>46401727
no really, but I'm willing to run dragons raid
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DragonRaid
>>
>>46401727
Give it a shot. In my experience it will be mostly boardgames & waffles the first time. They'll save the soulsaving for later.
>>
>>46406588
>Protestant
Not where I come from no, in the Dutch Bible Belt calvinists don't even dance because it's diabolical. Or play games. At all.
>>
>>46401727
I attended christian gym group because it was free. After a year I got in shape and never once heard anything connected to religion. Awesome people, now I wish we had a boardgame group too.
>>
>>46401830
This smarm is why people don't like you.
>>
>>46403096
I don't have anything against Jesus, just you guys.
>>
>>46401727
I used to play MTG with a church group that my friend invited me to. I'm not religious but they didn't really care, we didn't talk about any of that shit, just played games. Some fairly decent dudes.
>>
You'll either find an excellant gaming group whose name naturally keeps fedora wearing autists away, or get an awkward presentation at the end about why Jesus is the best.
>>
>>46409792
Jesus was (and probably is, if this ascension stuff is true) a cool guy indeed. But modern christianity is too damn affected by fucking paganism. Popes are tryin'to fix it now tho...
>>
>>46401727
Yes.
>>
>>46401727
Probably just people who want to game with other like-minded people and not have to deal with someone scoffing every time a cleric mentions their deity.
>>
Play a Paladin of Jesus.
Hilarity will ensure.
>>
>>46401727
I played D&D with my pastor. Was pretty alright. Nobody I know can into boardgames so I couldn't tell you.
>>
>>46410325
Woops, sorry didn't mean to trip.
>>
>>46409948
He ain't gonna remove Easter, Christmas, All-Saints' Day and Sunday - so it'll still be defined by pagan festivals.
>>
>>46410341
I'll give you all-saints' day
But the other 3 are all pretty legitimate religious holidays for Christians.
The non-christian accessories to Christmas (Santa, Xmas trees etc. It being in winter instead of near his actual birthday), and Easter (bunny, eggs) are pretty pagan, but they actual core reasons to celebrate are fairly legitimate from a christian perspective.

Sunday is a perfectly fine day to gather and worship, one could argue that it is not the true Sabbath (as some sects do), if you assume that the commandment to keep the sabbath day holy A) referred to a SPECIFIC day of the week and not just a general commandment to keep A day of the week holy for good and B) that the jews got that day RIGHT
We do know what day of the week Jesus was resurrected on, because it is grounded in time by the celebration of passover. So if either A or B above are not true Sunday is a perfectly fine and fitting day to celebrate it.
>>
A national columnist mentioned Dungeons & Dragons by name in his column this week.

I forget who it was; I was going to take a picture of it and post it on /tg/. This thread made me think of it because he's the right-wing guy in the paper I saw it in.
>>
>not running a biblical piss and vinegar game set in the Old Testament with flaming wheel angels and Sampson-style ultraviolence surviving all the fucked up shit of the period and treating it like any other folklore setting

McFucking Casuals
>>
>>46413319
My Philistine.
>>
>>46413319
>"sampson"

>calling anyone else a casual
>>
It's probably like going to my local kink groups game night.

A bunch of people with two intersecting interests, with a focus on the gaming side of things.
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.