[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
MTG Modern General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 42
File: modern 3 days.jpg (177 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
modern 3 days.jpg
177 KB, 1280x720
72 HOURS Edition

>Are you attending the last Memerazi FNM tonight?
>What do you think will be top dawg post-ban?
>>
My last Memedrazi event was last night, and I didn't even get paired against one. Was kind of let down.
>>
>>46400649
Who is hoping for a unbanning of second sunrise and dredge return along with a reprinting of Basalt Monolith?
>>
>>46401331
Fuck off Wilbert, you always were stupid
>>
I'm playing value Jund cause I live the dream of BBE unban
>>
Unban Sword of the Meek
Unban Dread Return

Modern is saved
>>
>>46401918
Enabling degenerate combos will save modern? Lol okay
>>
>>46401918
Unban summer bloom for Christ's sake
>>
i play meme decks because i just can't take this game seriously
>>
>>46402089

Dread Return will not be broken unless you out in potent repeatable turn 1 discarded like Imp or Tireless Tribe. Hell we don't even have Cabal Therapy or Ichorid. At best it'll just make a meme deck like Esper Bridge tier 2.

Sword of the Meek will finally give Control decks the inevitability they want
>>
>>46401918
How do either of those work against Extirpate?
>>
Post ban robutts will be the strongest, followed by Abzan because stony silence.
>>
>>46402658
If the ban Temple and keep Eye, won't Tron be the strongest?
>>
>>46400649
Since when everybody here became namefags?
>>
>>46403023

Since Anthony Burch
>>
File: Zq0yzSx2y8v2.png (162 KB, 265x371) Image search: [Google]
Zq0yzSx2y8v2.png
162 KB, 265x371
>>46401918
Unban SFM, BBE and top
>Inb4 batterskull meme
>>
>>46401918
Don't forget unbanning second sunrise and reprinting Basalt Monolith. It would also be nice if wizards made it so four horse men didn't break the slow play rule.
>>
File: 20160401_212251.jpg (4 MB, 5312x2988) Image search: [Google]
20160401_212251.jpg
4 MB, 5312x2988
Playing turns Thursday. Anything you guys think I should change?
>>
>>46403544

>No temporal mastery
>>
File: 38048876.gif (497 KB, 300x126) Image search: [Google]
38048876.gif
497 KB, 300x126
>>46403539
>kenneth Cole plays magic
>>
>>46403544
Been thinking of building this. What's your sideboard?
>>
>>46403708
Card is shit. Every single time I ran it, it was the second card I drew off of a mine effect and when I drew it early game it didn't make an impact making it worth having around in the deck.
>>
>>46403802
2x Exhaustion
3x Hurkyl's Recall
4x Monastery Siege
1x Labratory Maniac
2x Jace Beleren
3x Boomerang

Some cards can be changed around depending on the decks your store plays.
>>
>>46403838

Temporal Mastery allows you to go off turn 4. You have to set it up with Serum Visions. Of course it'll be shit when you draw it, you play it for the miracle cost. The 2 mana time walk allows you to not only go off turn 4, but enables you to effectively dig for more walk effects at a cheaper price if you stack your serum visions correctly.
>>
>>46404536
It's Personal preference for me. I don't care that I can go off a turn earlier as I can still stall the game until turn 5. Even when setting it up I don't see it as that good since sure I play or for Miracle but then it exiles itself, and when I don't hit miracle it's a 7 mana time walk that exiles itself.
>>
So what color eldrazi you play? RU here
>>
No one played eldrazi tonight. Went 3-1 with UR delver. Delver stronk.
>>
File: IMAG0157.jpg (2 MB, 4224x2368) Image search: [Google]
IMAG0157.jpg
2 MB, 4224x2368
>>46406763
Post list.
>>
>>46407464
4 Delver
4 Snap
4 Stormchaser
2 Swiftspear

4 Bolt
4 Visions
3 Probe
3 Electrolyze
3 Remand
2 Spell snare
2 Blood moon
2 Lava spike
2 Vapor snag
1 Mana leak

Various lands. Only 5 fetches, no tarns.

Board is
2 Lavamancer
3 Dragon's claw
1 Dismember
1 Dispel
2 Relic of Progenitus
2 Forked bolt
2 Hurkyl's recall
1 Negate
1 Vendilion Clique

More aggressive than your average build, don't particularly like young pyro right now. Got my ass handed to me by blue moon. Drew both my blood moons game one and couldn't keep batterskull off the table. Game two I mulled to 4. Manhandled wilt leaf abzan, merfolk and blue tron all 2-0 though. Relatively successful night.
>>
>>46407682
And one spell pierce main board.
>>
>>46407706
Simon pls. How would you know what Lawrence is running?
>>
>Be me
>Be poor fag running jank boggles
>Have a mediocre side board of topers, seals of primordium, and other cheap stuff
>Guy gives me a free Kataki when trading
Bless his soul. Also went 2/1/1 in the tourn so I got 9 bucks in store credit.

How was your night, guys?
>>
>>46408409
>store credit
I have no store. So all u get is packs, lucky guy
>>
>>46408515
Sorry to hear you don't have a store to play at, Mr.Lang. Where do you play Modern then?
>>
what do you think are the chances of Affinity getting hit by a ban and which card is most likely to get banned?
>>
>>46408875
It's not going to get banned, at least not in the coming announcement.
>>
>>46408916
I know that it wont get banned in the next announcement but it seems like they will eventually. affinity is the most played deck that is not eldrazi and has the highest game 1 win ratio. most decks dedicate around 3 cards on their sideboard to deal with it alone.

I dont know if I should finish my affinity deck (around $200 investment) because of this.
>>
>>46408988
If anything it would probably be plating. I wouldnt worry about it though, the deck is a big part of modern and it's here to stay.

Goryos will probably tank a ban long before robots do.
>>
What can I build with polluted deltas and flooded strands
>>
File: ss (2016-04-02 at 09.12.34).png (4 KB, 331x79) Image search: [Google]
ss (2016-04-02 at 09.12.34).png
4 KB, 331x79
Fucking Xmage
>>
So i own a thought nazi, a reality smasher, a mimic and the land thats not eye. Do I buy into the eldrazi meme if they dont ban the lands?
>>
>>46409750
reality smasher is a fun card
thought nazi is strong, but not fun

easy enough to build a deck around those two
>>
>>46409750
If they don't ban the lands, yes. It's a retardedly oppressive deck. Which is why at least one of the lands will be banned.
>>
Went with Tron, 2-2, only one guy played (GR) Eldrazi.

First round beat Merfolk, next game don't draw Pyroclasms or 3rd Tron land for O-Stone wipe. G3 keep greedy one lander with 2 maps, scrying and an egg, don't draw second land and die on turn 4.
Second round Affinity, almost won g1, won g2 because opponent played Blood Moon which changed his 2-3 turn Infect clock to 4-5 with the rest of his board, I landed a Wurmcoil the turn before followed by an O-Stone and the rest is history. Fucked up g3 by blind needling Cranial Plating, didn't draw O-Stone and Ulamog didn't do shit because of two Ravagers on board to swap power around.
G3 Zoo, win die roll, land t3 Wurmcoil etc. Die g2 on the draw, win g3 with two Wurmcoils.
G4 was interesting vs Scapeshift, he didn't expect 1 Warping Wail mb so I managed to slow down his ramp enough to land Ulamog. Side in more Warping Wails, he goes off but unexpectedly only deals about 12 (guess he ran out of mountains in the 10+ turns) which I redirect to Skite for 8, win with Wurmcoils afterwards.

If they ban Eye I'll probably try out Urza's Factory for flavor reasons because it's a (mediocre) wincon and also stabilizes against aggro from t4 onwards if you don't have any business cards in hand. It also taps for 1 anus unlike Eye which is a plus and should help mulligans. Might try out TKSs in main as well since it takes away gas and blocks like a boss.

Unless they unban Twin (they won't), top dogs will be every linear aggro + Griselbrand reanimator outracing each other. Tron will funny enough probably stay at tier 2 without Twin to keep non-interactive decks in check and the Twin Tron MU isn't nearly as onesided as people think.
>>
>tfw playing lantern
>crushing all the eldrazi decks
>going 4-0

My meta is full of mediocre U/R decks that refuse to give up now that twin is gone. Swear my meta was 50% twin before the ban.
>>
File: Twin.jpg (69 KB, 312x445) Image search: [Google]
Twin.jpg
69 KB, 312x445
>>46409214
>I wouldnt worry about it though, the deck is a big part of modern and it's here to stay.
>>
>>46410543
>Implying the Twin ban wasn't just to shake up the PT
>>
I don't get people who play this meme format. If you want budget, non-rotating Legacy, just play Pauper. If you want an actual eternal format, just play Legacy. If you want to use your Standard leftovers, try EDH. Why subject yourself to a toxic community of whiners, a uniform meta with at most 6 archetypes and a whimsical banlist?
>>
>>46410595
I think it's that in Modern you have deck options beyond taking a loan or Oops/Dredge while having a greater power level than Pauper without the bullshit of a singleton format.
>>
>>46410616
>taking a loan
Modern is as expensive as Legacy these days. And there are plenty of Legacy budget options like Burn or Eldrazi. Hell, Elves is affordable as well. Even Merfolk is semi-affordable save for the Force playset. Stop pretending you are too poor when you spent $1000 in your Goyf/Bob/Lili playset.

>muh powerlevel
Powerlevel is relative. If you want absolute power level just go play Yu-gi-oh with the other 12 year olds.
>>
>>46410595
>I don't get people who play this meme format.
Most people don't have pauper/legacy/EDH events nearby.

>Why subject yourself to a toxic community of whiners
Just because /tg/ has a toxic community of whiners, that doesn't mean the modern players at my lgs is the same.

>a uniform meta
?

>with at most 6 archetypes
How many does Standard have?

>whimsical banlist
I wouldn't say it's all whimsical. Either way, it doesn't really bother me.
>>
Do you think memedern players should be lined up and shot?
>>
>>46410645
Why do you think everyone plays Jund?
>Modern is as expensive as Legacy these days
It's really not, Lands or BUG Delver alone costs more than I've put in Lantern Control, Tron, 8rack and Infect combined. Burn doesn't win anything in Legacy just like in Modern, Elves runs a playset of Gaea's Cradle + several fetches and duals, Eldrazi is boring and not that busted in a format with t1 combo, Daze and Force.

Everything is relative.
>>
>>46410674

I think shitposters should be lined up and shot
>>
>>46410506
i have played against lantern three separate times today.
it's pretty fun desu, probably the most fun prison deck to play against

also mfw turn 1 inquisition lantern, surgical extraction
>>
File: NbBNmSj.gif (2 MB, 448x252) Image search: [Google]
NbBNmSj.gif
2 MB, 448x252
>>46410861
>mfw milled into a Kommand that destroys Bridge for game
>>
>>46410899
kek the dude i just played shredded a rakdos charm into a shattering spree and had to burn a lantern to shuffle it away. He was not too pleased
>>
File: Oblivion Sower.jpg (2 MB, 2560x1600) Image search: [Google]
Oblivion Sower.jpg
2 MB, 2560x1600
Is the Zendikar VS Eldrazi Duel Deck still worth it?
Thinking of making an ingest deck and a landfall deck with some of its pieces.
>>
>>46411209
Wait until the ban announcement. If Temple also takes a hit, it and maybe Sower lower in value, so that singles are more worthwhile instead.
>>
>>46411314
Yeah, that seems the wisest, plus it's a bit more expensive with MtG where I live.
>>
Any blue moon players in here?

I'm super pumped to try out Thing in the Ice and Engulf the Shore.
>>
>>46410592
The timing was to shake up the PT, but I think a twin ban was actually very reasonable. Now we can start getting decent blue cards again.
>>
I wonder what Dread Return would do to the format. Would it really enable consistent Turn <4 kills (and/or more consistently than Infect)?
>>
>Last match
>keep 2 lander with a bird and wall of Omens on the draw, never hot land, get overrun by an angler and young Pyromancer
>next game
>delver turn 1
>flips, and I lightning helix
>turn 2, 2 more delver
>they both flip
> 3 turn clock
Literally nothing I could do, delver is so gay in modern, I can't understand why people run it. The only decent deck manipulation they run is serum visions, which is retarded, I've seen delver go like 4 turns without flipping, and I've seen them flip immediately, I know all of magic is somewhat luck based, but man modern delver has the best nut hands
>>
Tips to improve?

4 Aspect of Hydra
4 Avatar of the Resolute
3 Dismember
4 Dryad Militant
4 Experiment One
18 Forest
4 Kalonian Tusker
4 Leatherback Baloth
4 Rancor
4 Strangleroot Geist
3 Treetop Village
4 Vines of Vastwood
>>
>>46413170
Not really a fan of treetop village in that deck. Not sure what else I'd run though
>>
>>46413170

2xscooze instead of tusker.
>>
>>46413170
Horizon canopy, if you have them.
>>
>>46413170
Noble hierarchs
>>
>>46412691
if Dread Return returns I am hopping on the oops all spells train asap
>>
>>46413219
I tought about it. Thats a good choice.

>>46413301
Its a stompy, you think the draw would pump it up?

>>46413372

I'm poor for that
>>
>>46413170
yeah scooze is essential
>>
>>46413387
>oops without chrome mox, dark ritual, cabal ritual, lotus petal and elvish spirit guide
Yeah good luck with that.
>>
Any predictions for the ban list?
Ban
Eldrazi Temple

Unban
Splinter Twin
Second Sunrise
Dread Return

Reprint
Basalt Monolith

This would fix all of modern's problems.
>>
>>46413170
Lessen dismember to 2, remove either 1 avatar or tusker and replace with 2 Oozes. Some opt for Spellskites as tech, but Ooze is better for me.

Remove 1 village, 3 is too many and tends to ruin curves
>>
>>46413610
pff it's 4 mana how hard can it be
>>
>>46413746
On turn 1 (which it has to be if you don't want to fold to a single Spell Snare, Spell Pierce, or Remand/Mana Leak on the draw) it's nigh impossible given you also need one black (red rituals out of the question unless you can follow with Manamorphose or the 1 cmc fixer Shaman).
>>
>>46413633
Stop. You're an idiot
>>
>>46413633
I play eggs and still think you're wrong.

Not a single thing you said is a good idea.
>>
>>46413633
Stop trying to port four horsemen to modern u shit
>>
>>46410679
>Eldrazi is boring and not that busted in a format with t1 combo, Daze and Force.
It's still tier 1.
>>
>>46413939
Tiers are an indication of popularity and not power level against the whole field, of course the deck that's cheaper than burn and can be ported almost 1:1 from Modern will spike up.
>>
>>46414007
It's tier 1 in the sense that it made 7 top 32 and 2 top 8 at SCG Philly. It's tier 1 in the sense that the current Legacy top dogs like Miracles are a good match up. It's tier 1 because archetypes with 16 sol lands tend to do well.
>>
>>46413909
I play eggs and think second sunrise should be unbanned
>>
>>46413939
People don't understand that the Legacy Eldrazi deck is just MUD, which was already decent, but now with 8 more sol lands and more powerful creatures. It's a good deck and anyone who denies it is a cuck.
>>
>>46414037
>a new deck with busted mana and an unprepared field spikes
Stop the presses. Fucking Twin has won a Legacy event.
>>
>>46414099
No one's denying it in Legacy since we're the ones playing it, lel. Only memedernbabbies who are still dead sea tier salty actually believe Eldrazi is a bad deck in Legacy, probably as a way to make themselves feel better and cope with their shitty meme format being thoroughly raped by inexpensive chaff.
>>
Are signed cards usually worth less than unsigned? My LGS is selling LotVs signed by the artist for $90 CAN, which is significantly less than the TCGplayer mid price.
>>
>>46414241
The artist's signature usually increases the price a bit (for obvious reasons), other edits generally decrease.
>>
>>46400649
Assuming that Memedrazi get hit, probably Affinity or Infect.

Although a friend of mine has been running an Eldrazi Tron brew thats just sweeping every Modern event that he goes to. Post-ban he plans to replace Eye of Ugins with Vesuvas.
>>
>>46414284
>he still thinks Eye will take the ban
>>
>>46414267
It just seems so weird for a card selling online for over $100 US is being sold mint and signed for $70 US. They have 3-4 copies of it too.
>>
>>46413937
Why not? It would be a great deck for the modern meta.
>>
>>46414241
Actually, most stores regard signed cards as damaged. They might be more valuable to individuals, but large stores like scg usually stick them in the damaged case if they buy them at all.
>>
>>46414310
The amount of value that it brings in the deck is insane. Its basically a Turn 1 Heartless Summoning for all of your Eldrazi, and on top of that it can search for more, which he actively does during the late game.

I'd say that Temple is a close second but it doesn't have nearly as fast of a degenerate start.
>>
>>46414330
They could be just trying to get rid of it at this point (no one wants signed ones in there?), it would sell for 90 euros in MCM easily, not sure about the US market.
>>
>>46414353
It's not even a deck in legacy, if you try to play it you'll get a judge called on you for slow play. Stop being a jackass.
>>
File: $_1.JPG.jpg (35 KB, 300x400) Image search: [Google]
$_1.JPG.jpg
35 KB, 300x400
>>46414358
Bizarre. Should I buy a set on the cheap? They look like pic-related, so you can't really read her -2.
>>
>>46414394
Her -2 is readable, it's not like it was done in black marker.
>>
>>46414394
That's probably why, at comp/professional REL some judges might disapprove of edits/signatures blocking the rules text. Purple is also objectively worse than black.
>>
>>46414373
Yes it allows degenerate starts but it doesn't do much beyond that if Temple doesn't follow. No one cares about a bunch of mimics T0 if there's no TKS following a turn later. And since Eye is legendary, having one means two or three cards in your deck are basically dead. Not only that, but you are forced to mulligan until you get an Eye. That would make the deck much less consistent than a deck with temples only.
>>
>>46414436
I have never heard of a judge having a problem with a signed card. I'd give it about a 0% chance of them telling you not to play it, as long as the signature isn't a giant penis or something.
>>
>>46414441
Also don't forget that eldrazi temple makes it so eldrazi decks can reliably play colors and without it, they would be restricted to colorless and maybe black.
>>
>>46414436
That sounds unreasonable. Nobody catches grief for using Russian or Japanese cards.
>>
>>46414473
>he doesn't work at WotC and sign all cards with huge dicks
>>
>>46413826
I never intended to combo off turn one

>lotus bloom
>>
>>46414909
Then you might as well play Ad Nauseam, which actually is a viable, consistent turn 4 kill that doesn't rely on resolving a Dread Return (most of the time) without Pact of Negation.
>>
>>46414909
Yeah like 4 pacts, 8 deck flips, and mana, I could see this working
>>
>>46414935
if I wanted a good deck I wouldn't be playing all spells
>>
>>46414935
Are you high? Ad Nauseum dies hard as fuck to counter spells
>>
>>46414963
>What is Boseiju
>what is pact of negation
>good luck countering Angel's Grace
>>
File: smasher.png (244 KB, 540x304) Image search: [Google]
smasher.png
244 KB, 540x304
This guy walks up to your girl and smacks her ass. What do?
>>
>>46415041
Petition Wizards to evict him from his ritzy Eye of Ugin based apartment.
>>
>>46415041
>smacks
>not smashes
One job, Anon. One fucking job.
>>
Let's try again.

Thoughts?

Wellsprings

CREATURE
Delver of Secret x4
Young Pyromancer x4
Monastery Swiftspear x4
Stormchaser Mage x4
Spellheart chimera x4

NONCREATURE
Piston Sledge x4
Mycosynth Wellspring x4
Ichor Wellspring x4
Ensoul Artifact x4
Shrapnel Blast x4
Index x4
Forked bolt x4

LAND
Island x5
Mountain x5
Shivan reef x4
>>
File: 1416599805606.jpg (47 KB, 600x557) Image search: [Google]
1416599805606.jpg
47 KB, 600x557
>>46415826
>Piston Sledge x4
>Mycosynth Wellspring x4
>>
>>46415826
I recommended testing it.

If it loses to Burn, Affinity, and Infect, move on to something else.
>>
File: 1401905004931.jpg (389 KB, 1284x980) Image search: [Google]
1401905004931.jpg
389 KB, 1284x980
>>46415929
Top kek let me know when you find the deck that beats burn affinity and infect
>>
>>46414394
I'd say go for it. It's not like people are not familiar with that card. You can just use your phone to show people too.
>>
>>46415999
I can beat all 3 with RG Eldrazi.
>>
>>46415999
He didn't say it has to win against Burn, Affinity and Infect, it only has to win against one of them. Learn2logic
>>
File: dffwdcwc.png (402 KB, 724x631) Image search: [Google]
dffwdcwc.png
402 KB, 724x631
Turn 1. I love this stupid deck.
>>
>>46416246
I can make a deck specifically to combat one of those 3 decks and it will be garbage against anything else, what's the point of that?
>>
>>46415999
What is Jund?
>>
>>46415999
It's called skred and it beats all those decks easily
>>
>>46415929
>>46415999
>>46415863

I beat infect with it. I feel that it would be blown out by affinity... not sure about burn. really I'm looking for advice as to what direction to go with the deck.
>>
>>46416310
green black red
>>
File: 1396830395194.gif (587 KB, 480x270) Image search: [Google]
1396830395194.gif
587 KB, 480x270
>>46415999
faeries
>>
Why is Bitterblossom so fucking expensive? It doesn't see play in any format and it's been reprinted though.
>>
>>46416966
Price Memory
>>
>>46416966
Because Fairies is top tier
>>
>>46416561
>>46417154
Faeries is shit and folds to everything that isn't all in combo
>>
>>46417430
I know it's an expensive deck to assemble, but there's no need to be so clearly jealous.
>>
>>46417801
Lol that's expensive to you? Cute
>>
>>46416978
so what you're telling me is that magic players are stupid enough to get snowed over what should be basic economics? what kind of absolute horseshit are you swallowing to believe these things aren't subject to supply and demand?
>>
>>46418656
The question can be then better rephrased as: "since it doesn't see play and isn't arguably a Timmy big dude card for casuals, why is the demand so high?"
>>
So apparently I'm going to the scg invitational and haven't touched modern in months

Assuming memedrazi get hit I have 5 SB slots for burn, any suggestion on what to run?
>>
>>46418963
>any suggestion on what to run?
Yes. Run away from the tourney and get into a non-meme format like Legacy, Pauper or EDH.
>>
>>46418985
>EDH
>not a meme
>>
>>46418963
Leyline of Sanctity fucks Burn pretty bad.
>>
>>46419020
But Anon, EDH is fun
>>
>>46419026
What happens in a matchup against Burn where you t0 Leyline? Does he immediately concede?
>>
>>46419080
they have destructive revelry and creatures so no
>>
>>46419080
He laughs and opens with nacatl followed by 4 guides.
>>
Play 4 leyline of the void, it beats all the jank decks.
>>
>>46418985
>edh
>fucking pauper
>not memes
>>
>>46419145
Shh... don't tell folks in my meta. They're still not running Nacatl.
>>
>>46419184
I play burn and I don't run nacatl. I am also horrible at Magic.
>>
>>46418721
or 'who controls the public perception of demand?'
>>
>>46419184
Nacatl is shit
Doesn't even have haste
>>
>>46419341
Tarmogoyf is shit
Doesn't even have haste
>>
>>46419080
Leyline isn't a silver bullet against burn any more. I think it's actually kind of weird to call it burn now given that a good chunk of it's damage is from creature swinging. It's more like a RDW with w/g splash.
>>
>>46419371
Yea and burn doesn't goyf.
Check mate retard
>>
File: $_1.jpg (37 KB, 298x400) Image search: [Google]
$_1.jpg
37 KB, 298x400
>>46414491
>>46414436
Wizards has printed special textless foils of certain cards. The rules text does not needs to be visible. As long as the name is unobscured, you're fine.

pic somewhat related. legally, its an undergrond sea.
>>
>>46415164
it starts with a smack. When you're so beta you won't even discard a card to deal with the fucker, that's when he'll smash her ass.
>>
>>46400649
Modern will go back to the same stagnant format it was before. Affinity, Infect, and RG Tron will be on top.

What do you guys think of tamiyo's journal?
Is it worth a spot in blue tron or other ridiculous artifact deck?
>>
>>46419156
>>46418985
>caring whether a format is a 'meme' above whether or not it is fun
Why? I don't get it.
>>
>>46421131
A meme format is the definition of unfun; it's a format everyone's adopting because they've been following the group with little regard for its intrinsic fun qualities, like a meme.
>>
File: erghfgjhfh.jpg (55 KB, 625x351) Image search: [Google]
erghfgjhfh.jpg
55 KB, 625x351
>>46421173
Holy shit somebody on 4chan articulated something.
You're right though.
>>
Would anyone please be able to give me some feedback on this deck? I haven't had a chance to play the RG planeswalker yet, but Lili has saved my butt a few times. I was thinking about
-4 Moonmist
+2 Kolaghan's Command
+1 Kessig Wolf Run
+1 Liliana
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/rgb-werewolves-1/

Overall it's a fun deck, though.
>>
>>46421970
Make a casual thread
>>
>>46421995
That's not good advice to give to somebody posting brews anon. If you look at the list, it's at least on-curve and aggressive enough to push damage through. It has a good land-base (debatable, cut the r/g lands for some damn stomping grounds), and is at least capable of winning with dudes.

The problem is that it lacks early game, lacks consistency, lacks "stickyness" (creatures that stay on the board through removal), lacks evasion, and I don't see a use for Aether vial what-so-fucking-ever.

But if somebody posts a stupid jank deck, (like hurr how do i put together r/w spirit aggro for $25 with guildgates), then you want to tell them that Modern is a Competitive format, and an expensive one to boot, so Brewing is generally a bad idea unless you have unlimited funds to buy whatever the deck needs, and also the time and patience to playtest and lose a lot. Plus, sometimes, an experienced player is ACTUALLY trying to make a new deck work in the format.
>>
>>46422189
>debatable, cut the r/g lands for some damn stomping grounds
Assuming I should be running 24, should I just try to run 3 or 4 Stomping Grounds?

>The problem is that it lacks early game
How could I improve this? My general opening is to play a Vial or Village Messenger, or bolt a mana dork.

>lacks consistency
Do you mean it has a hard time playing from a losing position? I agree I have no card draw. But I'm not sure how to remedy that, would Domri Rade be viable?

>lacks "stickyness"
Looking at modern Jund decks, most of them don't seem to have anything that dodges boardwipes or removal, though they have Dark Confidant. Though, I get that my deck is particularly vulnerable to bolt, should I be running 1 or 2 higher toughness creatures?

>lacks evasion
I'm not sure how I would fix this, but again modern Jund decks don't seem to care about this so much. Village Messenger's flip-menace is pretty handy against some decks that rely on a single blocker though.

>I don't see a use for Aether vial what-so-fucking-ever.
Maybe I'm overrating it, but I've found it pretty useful to provide a turn 1 play and to help me get out more cards. Most control decks I've played against have major issues dealing with it, because they rely more on counterspells than board wipes, and they'll rarely have a way to deal with an established creature if they don't have a kill spell.
>>
File: 1455634507279.jpg (30 KB, 400x462) Image search: [Google]
1455634507279.jpg
30 KB, 400x462
>>46403063
Here you go familia
>>
how shitty is my g/r werewolves tribal brew?
>>
>>46423422
into the trash it goes
not even bothered reading the list tobequiethonest familia
>>
>>46422189
Lol nice essay bud.
>making a new deck work
Oh boy, another shitty tribal deck, such innovation. Nah this shit belongs in the kitchen
>>
>>46423547
:(
>>
>>46423651

That's what they said about the Eldrazi
>>
>>46423651
>how DARE people try to be innovative
>>
File: 1456451769153.png (901 KB, 690x460) Image search: [Google]
1456451769153.png
901 KB, 690x460
>>46425783
Building shitty tribal deck is ground 0 of creativity.
You litteraly just type the tribal name into gatherer and put a little of everything.
very innovative.
faggot.
>>
>>46401918
>unban Sword or the Meek

Of fuck please. I have a foil in my binder. I'd love to retire.
>>
>>46425889
So you're saying Merfolk isn't innovative? Eldrazi aggro isn't? Any aggro deck isn't?
I'm a combo fangay but you're retarded if you think tribal can't be made original.
>>
>>46424930

There's not much innovative about Eldrazi in Modern when separate groups of players built virtually the same deck within a month of the set's release and the build took six out of the top eight slots at the Pro Tour.
>>
Literally just before bfz prerelease I came on here and said eldrazi tribal will go ham in modern. You fuckers roasted me for that, said it will never take off. Now that it is a thing you salty manchildren whine day and night about eldrazi. I called it.

>>46420930
>tamiyo's journal in tron?
It could take the place of a draw spell or a treasure mage. It gives you clues every upkeep so, you'll be able to draw atleast 2 cards each turn, or you can save them up to tutor a non-artifact like emrakul or ugin if you run them. I'd only run it as a x1 though because it is a 5 drop artifag and it only gives you 1 clue per upkeep. Still it's card draw that keeps on giving, test it at FNM and post results. I also play blue tron, so I am interested.
>>
>>46427319

>It could take the place of a draw spell or a treasure mage.

Five mana plus three turns to tutor versus three mana to tutor and get a dude? Seven mana to draw a card?

Urza's Blueprints is a better choice.
>>
>>46426872

The only build people knew about the Eldrazi was the deprecated processor build. It took all the best pros in the scene to perfect the Eldrazi we know now on PT OGW. Why did you think literally everyone lost their shit when UR Eldrazi, a deck "built from draft chaff" won PT OGW?

Shit is innovation
>>
May not be thread related but this happened just now:

>was playing casual multiplayer.
>playing my card draw dmg deck
>haven't played it in quite some time
>first card i'm able to play is underworld dreams.
>3 or 4 ppl out of 7 or 8 concede because this card hit the table..
>host starts throwing a fit at me.
>I concede too since they'll just keep talking shit if I keep playing.
>host throws even more of a fit because I just conceded.
>says he'll ban me if I ever play that card again.

I use to play that deck all the time back around the time eldrazi had first come out and no one ever gave a shit about my deck. I don't understand why they were so mad about it.

Who was in the wrong, /tg/?
>>
>>46427605

>Realizing that Eye of Ugin is a card
>Innovation

headdesk.jpg
>>
>>46427371
>Five mana plus three turns to tutor
Turns are not as limited of a resource for blue tron decks, with mindslaver recycle lock and whatnot. Also there are several blue tron decks that run big colorless creches that are not artifacts, so in order to toolbox them out you need a tutor other than t mage.
>seven mana to draw a card
Mana is definately not a limited resource in tron, an even so its only an initial cost of 5, the 2 to draw an additional card each turn, which is really useful if you're recycling mindslaver wit academy ruins.
>>
>>46427605
A. You're fucking retarded, the insanely fast aggro build was seen by everyone who wasn't brain dead when OGW was spoiled. Processor builds just came first because it was what was available at the time.

>>46424930
Again, only before OGW, because the good aggro builds didn't have half their cards yet.
>>
>>46403539

>unbanning second sunrise
>wanting to stretch out extra turns for 30 minutes so you can waste the time of literally everyone else at the tournament while you jack off by yourself with your shitty meme deck

You realize that tournaments literally weren't functioning correctly with that deck in the format, right?
>>
>>46428334
It seems like it wouldn't be that bad for modern, and adding a new deck would certainly be more helpful than hurtful. Also four horsemen in modern would be very helpful in balancing the meta.
>>
>>46428292

Are you for real?

>Turns are not as limited of a resource for blue tron decks, with mindslaver recycle lock and whatnot.

If you have the Mindslaver lock, you have a lock.

If you don't, don't waste your time doing anything but getting it or staying alive.

>Also there are several blue tron decks that run big colorless creches that are not artifacts, so in order to toolbox them out you need a tutor other than t mage.

Why would you run a bad tutor to find cards when you can run a good tutor to find better cards?

>Mana is definately not a limited resource in tron,

Lower costs are always better than higher costs. Passing the turn before you can do anything is universally worse than not doing that.

>which is really useful if you're recycling mindslaver wit academy ruins.

Once again, IT'S A LOCK. Why would you be tutoring when the opponent CAN'T TAKE TURNS?

Even if you can't yet recur Mindslaver every turn, why would you waste your time playing another artifact that does nothing for a turn?
>>
>>46428207

I doubt you would run a deck with Eldrazi Skyspawner and Ruination Guides at an FNM, let alone a GP. Be honest, if the pros didn't use the list it would be scoffed at.

>>46428312
>Seen by everyone
Nice revisionism asswipe, I recall any Eldrazi build here relegated to meme status even after OGW, and that RG Tron and Affinity would dominate the PT.

Then there was a shitstorm regarding UR Eldrazi packing cards from BfZ and OGW that are from a "draft deck." Tell me, if everyone saw this, then why didnt anyone expect it? Fuck off
>>
>>46428207

If it was so obvious, then why didn't you run it? It's innovation no matter what angle you look at it. Hell, the original processor build was innovation too, of no one bothered to experiment with cards, then you'd be stuck with the same old decks, but I'd doubt you'd care unless the CFB guys wrote an article and told you how good it was
>>
>>46412600
>Now we can start getting decent blue cards again.

I really wish this "Twin was keeping blue cards shit" meme would die.

There is practically nothing Blue on the banlist that would realistically help Twin, and there are no cards they can't print/reprint in Blue that would boost Twin.

I don't understand how people can regurgitate Wizard's bullshit like this, and I don't even play Blue decks.
>>
>>46429790
>>46429834
Different guy, you'd have to be retarded to play Modern and not realize Temple and Eye were things. It was obvious that the deck was there, but for a long time the only Eldrazi we had worth playing could only be played by Tron.

By BfZ the lower-cost Eldrazi we had were processors, which while kind of neat with other exiling cards were kind of janky and unsupported. This was a problem with BfZ draft and in any attempt to use processors in constructed play. OGW finally gave the deck we all should have realized was possible the tools it needed to become the monstrosity it is today.

There's nothing innovative about slamming a shortlist of the best cards in the tribe into a deck with eight Sol lands. Tweaking that deck to perform better in the meta it creates, I'll grant you. But the deck itself is not innovative, it's an accident.
>>
>>46420930
Why the fuck would Tron share top with braindead aggro: the meta without Twin to keep linearity in check?
>>
Modern is dead
>>
How long till the bans (hopefully)?
36 hours?
>>
>>46430895
Tron does great vs non infect aggro. It also lost twin, which was a bad matchup for it.

I don't agree with parent, but it's quite obvious it /could/ happen.
>>
>>46432582
About 27 now
>>
When is the ban announcement actually supposed to come out, and where exactly?
>>
>>46432628
I just hope it's not as disappointing as the last one.
>>
>>46428097
Just stay away from those plebs.

Or try competitive so that you you don't have to deal with hugbox guilt trippers.
>>
Does anyone actually think they will unban Twin and Bloom?
We never really got to see how the meta would adapt without them before eldrazi fucked up everything. They wont get unbanned until at least the next update and most likely never will be.
>>
>>46428097
Leave that group and never come back. They all sound like terribly annoying people.

Also were you playing 8 people in the same game? What were you doing?
>>
>>46428097
Why the fuck didn't you ask him for reasons of such behaviour? Now I will keep thinking about it.
>>
File: image.jpg (37 KB, 223x310) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
37 KB, 223x310
>>go to flgs
>>go up against some kid with his modern eldrazi deck
that shits nasty man, first time against it
>>consistently wreck it with my black aggro deck
That was satisfying
>>
>>46434486
List
>>
File: image.jpg (206 KB, 640x1136) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
206 KB, 640x1136
>>46434620
It's shitty kitchen table. Here's a picture from my actual kitchen table. I definitely got lucky, beat his early game with dark ritual hypnotic specters, beat his late game with a trio of lichs with one on the dragon throne

Gotta swap those decimator webs for more specters
>>
>>46432618
The affinity MU sucks almost as much as Burn and Infect and those three are the only viable aggro decks. Twin was a better matchup (maybe 40-60 at most instead of 10-90 like Infect) than said ones ever since you couldn't lose before Emrakul as long as you kept a claim and/or a volley up, Blood Moon just makes claim and pyroclasm easier to cast.
>>
So what happens when neither of the Eldrazi lands get banned?
>>
>>46420728
Beatiful.
>>
File: 1452439477313.png (30 KB, 747x491) Image search: [Google]
1452439477313.png
30 KB, 747x491
>>46435260
Everyone collectively stops playing Modern for a year
>>
>>46400649
Have anyone checked mtgo to know if the ban is already programmed?
>>
File: Stayfrosty.png (904 KB, 1288x863) Image search: [Google]
Stayfrosty.png
904 KB, 1288x863
>>46434829
Mein Gott it's shit
>>
>>46436451
Why are you posting your disgusting Sultai shit when nobody asked
Get the fuck out with your impure garbage
>>
File: Eternal Memeing.png (911 KB, 1513x803) Image search: [Google]
Eternal Memeing.png
911 KB, 1513x803
>>46436502
>Being this mad
>>
>>46434829
nigga dark ritual isn't modern legal, why the fuck did they let you play with that?
>>
>>46437394
Most likely a casual match.
You know, for fun
>>
>>46437549
>fun
There's no such thing as 'fun' in a meme format such as Memedern.
>>
>>46437549
Yea, we know about fun. Just don't come into a general about yodelling and talk about hip hop
>>
>>46437549
Playing against cards like dark ritual in a casual environment is not fun.
>>
>>46437591
Did you literally admit that Modern is against fun
>>
>>46437638
Shitter
>>
>>46437676
No, don't come to modern general and post decks that aren't legal
>>
File: image:89691.jpg (60 KB, 312x445) Image search: [Google]
image:89691.jpg
60 KB, 312x445
Does anyone have a good Red Black deck? It's my favorite color combination but I just can't find a deck besides Jund that even uses both colors
>>
>>46437905
You could probably make something like RB Rock if you wanted, wouldn't be as good as any GBX but it's doable.
>>
>tfw I was the fag playing suicide Jund all this time
>tfw that guy did decent with it oath of the gateway h
I finally made it.
>>
Ok, rules question: Now that transformed cards have the CMC of their front side... do they still contribute to devotion after being flipped?
>>
>>46438271
No. They have no mana cost but they do have a CMC. Yes, it's weird.
>>
>>46435260
The Voyager 1 will not be expected to find my sides until 2022.
>>
>>46414392
That ruling should be changed because it does nothing but suppress interesting and balanced decks.
>>
8rack? More like 8fun
>>
File: Rak Rock.jpg (335 KB, 1555x680) Image search: [Google]
Rak Rock.jpg
335 KB, 1555x680
>>46437905
I have this on Xmage, it's alright but I prefer mono Black myself.
>>
I want to buy Zombie Loam/Dredge/Loam Pox/Squeeflagrate/whatever the fuck is the deck called now.

Should I do it or not? I really like the grindy and interactive nature of the deck, but I am afraid it folds to combo and aggro too quickly. Does anyone play it here?
>>
>>46439122
The deck is apparently alright versus aggro, Levy himself did a good matchup analysis in his latest article
It has been showing some results lately, if you think the style of play appeals to you you should go for it
>>
You think Urborg will drop a bit after eldrazi bans?
>>
>>46439875
Was it always ~$17? I thought they were cheaper than that.
>>
>>46440004
They used to be $40, but they were cheaper than that before eldrazi. Mostly because no one every used them besides casual stuff.
>>
>>46434829
>T1 dark ritual into hippie sphincter
>Right in the 1995 childhoods
Just need the T2 hymn to taurach for maximum brohams
>>
>>46439122

A bit hard to tell after the bannings happen. The reason why it gets away Scot free is because no one really focuses on GY hate right now due to Eldrazi. It's really fun though, interactive as fuck, but you still get to do your own cool thing and can win combo style with Conflagrate.
>>
File: EternalCommand.jpg (68 KB, 665x475) Image search: [Google]
EternalCommand.jpg
68 KB, 665x475
Viable?
>>
>yfw they ban Urborg
>>
>>46441598
Why do you have vial with 15 creatures? Like, really.
>>
>>46441644
Uncounterable stuff, it was first a thing in the 2012 player's championship. You should check it out :)
>>
>>46441603
There's not a face in the world that could contain my rage. Wizards has an opportunity here to take out the two decks holding modern back the most. Eldrazi, for being overpowered, and tron, for being tron.

Ban Eye of Ugin.
>>
>>46441712
>There's not a face in the world that could contain my rage
lel calm down kid it's just a game
jesus memedern players are never ever chill, why don't you try legacy or edh or something
>>
>>46441743
I've tried EDH, got tired of people arguing over what's casual or not, and I can't find a consistent community of people that just play to win.
>>
>>46441743
It's just 4channers being on the internet. I've never actually seen a guy flip out at a store over a trading card game.
>>
>>46441891
I did, some dude and his team were 15 minutes late for the FNM and another dude called then telling them to be more respectful of people's time schedule.

First dude got at the LGS 5 mins after that freaked out like if some monkey bit his balls, they argued a lot, but everything settled down after some minutes.
>>
>>46441796
Try French EDH.
>>
>>46441891
That one 40 year old guy at my store got pretty silent mad and pounded the table with his fist when I beat his buns at friday draft night. He wudent eben drunk.
>>
>>46442076
>wudent eben
This is your warning
>>
File: 20160403_180726.jpg (2 MB, 3264x1836) Image search: [Google]
20160403_180726.jpg
2 MB, 3264x1836
>when it's her first time

Holy shit, matte dragonshields are comfy as fuck. Shame they're difficult to double sleeve with them.
>>
Why is gaddock teeg so expensive? there is no much combo left in modern without twin and bloom
>>
>>46441598
"Hey guys, since those cards are expensive, that means they are good if I jam them all together right ?"
>>
>>46442458
>modern is the only format
>>
>>46442522
Obviously the popularity of legacy made it go from 14 to 25 dollars, cuz legacy is the most popular non rotating format
>>
>>46442570
Are you seriously this dumb?
>>
>>46442493
literally my faeries deck
>>
>>46441598
>Viable?
Yes, but Eternal Command is probably not the best positioned in Aggro: the Format.

Your list looks solid though.
>>
>>46443226
Thanks, the first helpful reply :p I think I'll test it out
>>
>>46443339
I feel like it needs another Cryptic, but I'm not sure what to remove. Maybe Vapor Snag?
Also I was going to tell you to take out Thirst for Knowledge, but then I realized the sweet tech with extra Aether Vials. With Snappy and EWit already in the deck you could run Gifts, Noxious Revival and Familiar's Ruse as a combo pile though.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 42

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.