[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How many weapons can an adult male reasonably carry?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 8
File: RAQ3tJe.jpg (218 KB, 900x1200) Image search: [Google]
RAQ3tJe.jpg
218 KB, 900x1200
How many weapons can an adult male reasonably carry?
>>
How long is a piece of string?

What kind of weapons, in what attire, concealed or not, in what era, on what size of male? I'll presume we mean humans but that's a dangerous assumption on a forum for fantasy monsters.
>>
>>46397379
A rifle, an explosive device (rpg or mounted grenade launcher), a pistol, and a large knife.
>>
File: 08hu53Z.jpg (2 MB, 4928x3264) Image search: [Google]
08hu53Z.jpg
2 MB, 4928x3264
Knives are small.

You could easily strap eight of them to your person. (one on each arm, one on each leg, two on the back, two on the hips)
>>
File: 1355726671926.gif (2 MB, 163x120) Image search: [Google]
1355726671926.gif
2 MB, 163x120
>>46397379
>>
>>46397379
Depends. Do throwing knives count as a single weapon or a collection? Poison needles? I could carry hundreds of needles.

Generally though, for an example adventurer...
One main weapon.
Shield.
Light side weapon.
Utility knife.
Misc. light ranged
Knuckleduster
Other. (Eg. Envenomed pin)

That's an adventurer in full dungeoneering prep, not everyday around town. It's going to be heavy, but having backup options can save your life, and carrying a few light throwing knives isn't much compared to bedroll, rations and survival equipment.
If you're ditching your camping equipment and going full battle grab a spear or polearm.

Personally I'd go spear, sword, shield, cudgel, knife, sling, dusters, smoke/flash bombs. It's a lot, but beyond the first three you're not weighing yourself down massively.
But then this is assuming a moderately paranoid martial adventurer anticipating a fight.
>>
File: typical slav.jpg (93 KB, 531x419) Image search: [Google]
typical slav.jpg
93 KB, 531x419
>>
>>46397379
Shall not be infringed. Not even by physics.
>>
>>46397902

Especially not by physics.
>>
>>46397379
a bunch
>>
Depends if you're built like your average middle-aged dude, or an MMA fighter. ...But apparently, either way, still a bunch.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o8dhMF3IqbY
>>
File: 1455725367196.png (42 KB, 348x301) Image search: [Google]
1455725367196.png
42 KB, 348x301
>>46397379
Reasonably? None.
>>
File: 1458953466718.jpg (64 KB, 675x720) Image search: [Google]
1458953466718.jpg
64 KB, 675x720
>>46398085
Fuck off, Europoor.

pic unrelated
>>
>>46397379
For the sake of adventuring? I'd say slightly less that the amount you want to carry.
>>
>>46397379
As many as he wants, until the DM starts yelling at him.
>>
>>46397379
Reasonable for transport of for use?
>>
>>46397437
>>46397379

Speaking from experience:

You can carry and remain combat-capable with you a rifle, a handgun, a disposable AT weapon, a few grenades and a combat knife, and likely other stuff as well, since with that gear you could also carry entrenchment tools, gas masks, hazardous environment suit, personal effects (tobacco and lighter, y'know), several magazines, a canteen and other small items.

It really depends on the setting and if you're being tacticool or not.
>>
>>46397379
Carry, or carry in such a way as to be readily accessible for use?

This is a fairly important distinction.
>>
>>46397743

And there he is. I would've been extremely disappointed if this guy hadn't shown up yet.
>>
Anyone have the picture of the guy from Pistolero Magazine, the blackface one with seven (full-size frame, not compact) pistols in his waistband?

Because he didn't even look awkwardly encumbered.

Seven fullsize wonder-nines. That's CONCEALED carry. You could still have up to two holsters on each leg, one thigh and one calf/ankle.

Then, you could still mount a postol holster on your plate carrier, and have a primary on a sling in addition to the one in your hands.

And maybe it's pushing it a bit, but a stubby shotgun on a backpack.

So at maximum in a modern setting, that's twelve pistols, maybe two longguns and maybe a breaching shotgun.
>>
>>46399875
It just depends on what the limit of "reasonable" is. Typically if someone's actually going into combat they'll prefer one rifle, -maybe- a pistol but usually not, and a small knife. However, they'll take as much rifle ammo as they can. It makes a lot more sense to have one good gun that you can shoot all day than multiple ones that are only good for a few seconds each.
>>
>>46399976
True. I overlooked the word "reasonably". But if i was CCing, i'd prefer 4+guns to 1
>>
File: 779.jpg (24 KB, 680x301) Image search: [Google]
779.jpg
24 KB, 680x301
>>46397379
/k/ here. All of them.
>>
>>46399976
It'd be different depending on setting. In a pirate/Victorian/whatever era, you'd want multiple small guns or multiple barrels per gun, since magazines and gas cycling weren't invented yet, meaning you had one shot per gun before reloading. Pirates used to have like ten pistols on them and duckbill guns for extra fuckery.
>>
A modern soldier rolls with a good 50 pounds or so combat load, most of that is ammo and equipment, not weapons.

If you don't want armor, radios, navigational gear, water, special equipment for opening doors, interviewing people or blowing shit up, first aid for your self, medical gear or gear for prisoners or intel, stuff to stay warm/cool, or more ammo...you could carry as many guns as you could fit in a bag.

Practically, anything more than a rifle, pistol, and grenades starts getting cumbersome really fast. Slings for that extra longarm get loose and it bounces around, gets hung up on door frames, etc.
>>
>>46397379
I once had a dude with 4 flintlock pistols on his chest and two rapiers on the belt. And some knives.
>>
>>46398189
>allowing player to have bagpipes
>ever
I bet his sword is made of diamonds and bow is shooting infinite fire arrows. Because why not, right?
>>
>>46397547
This pussy can only strap one knife to each of his arms and legs
>>
>>46401250
God, I loved sticking two PKMs in both slots
>>
>>46403455
No he just was that guy that had to have that shit in a modern campaign.
>>
I have personally carried, all at the same time without feeling overly encumbered:

>AR15 on a 3 point sling
>.300 win mag across my back
>12GA shotgun in hand
>.454 revolver on one hip
>1911 on other hip
>Beretta 9mm in a shoulder holster
>another Beretta in another shoulder holster
>hatchet
>kabar
>crowbar
>machete
>kukri

Granted I didn't have any reloads for any of the firearms and I probably would not very effective in a fight but hey, all of the above didn't slow me down much. Wasn't very conducive to being sneaky though.

Why did I put on all of the above, you ask? Because I was bored and wanted to see if I could.
>>
>>46404676
>without feeling overly encumbered
March even one mile and see if you still feel that way. Let alone marching all day in hostile country.
>>
>>46397379
>how many is too many
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zhe58xORWG0
>>
>>46404400
What, was his character Jack Churchill?
>>
>>46405368
Well the drawing is of someone in 1940's British kit holding a big ass sword, bow&arrows, and bagpipes so i'm making an assumption that it is.
>>
>>46405101
I did. I jogged a 2.3 mile track on my property with all of the above on. Total weight was much less than what I've carried back packing.

Endurance sports man, they rock.
>>
>>46401797
Not to mention cutlasses, dirks, boarding pikes, boarding axes, and grenade. Fuck, naval combat is cool
>>
>>46397575
Oh look, a shadow runner taking a peaceful trip to the park.
>>
My criminal justice professor did a seminar for a high school about weapons and concealing weapons. She asked the teachers if they could tell if a student was carrying, of course all the teachers said they could tell, so our professor asked if they could tell if/what she was carrying. The teachers all said she wasn't carrying a damn thing, so my professor had the gym teacher check her. My professor had a fire axe in her sleeve, 6 knives in her bra, 3 screw drivers taped to her stomach, a glock 19 in her pants waist band, a glock 23 in her underwear waist band, 8 shaped pieces of sheet metal secured to her legs, and so on and so forth. Point is, you can carry a lot.
>>
>>46406004
This is either bullshit or it happened in like the 80s. That definitely didn't happen in the era of pop tart guns.
>>
>>46406508
Of course it happned a few years ago, but the point of the seminar was that you can't tell what someone is carrying if they don't want you to see or tell.
>>
>>46406004
By the bra and underwear references I see she made good use of being a woman.
>>
>>46397379
How is that small revolver staying in there?
>>
>> /k/
>>
>>46402435
>50 lbs
try 75 for most guys and 115 per guy in a MG team
shit sucks
>>
>>46397547
>>46403593
>Never on my table.
Do it. Then run, jump,climb a rope, sleep in a sack or do any other shit adventurers usually do.
Unless you're talking about small trowing knives.
>>
>>46397379
I have a houserule that concealed weapons without detection require a Stealth check opposed by Perception or Investigation, with a -2 penalty for something like a dagger, while shortswords got a -5 penalty.
The War Cleric, being audacious (and a half-orc) attempted to carry no less than fifteen knives into a war negotiation room, the reasons for which she would carry so many escape me.
All things considered, she did pretty well- they *only* found ten of them before an eleventh fell out of her pant leg.
>>
File: 1445975570390.jpg (35 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
1445975570390.jpg
35 KB, 480x360
>>46398085
>owning weapons
>in the current year
Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.