[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
MedievalQuest #5
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 149
Thread images: 12
File: MedievalQuest.jpg (116 KB, 512x768) Image search: [Google]
MedievalQuest.jpg
116 KB, 512x768
Bios: http://pastebin.com/GUyRVGSd
Assets: http://pastebin.com/pFDrPnc3
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/MedievalQuest

>What happened last thread?
You and Desiderius went back to the shop, where Otto walked in. You asked him about the smuggler rumours. His response told you enough, and he left somewhat angrily. After the Otto confrontation, Desiderius mentioned that he was going to look for some blacksmiths to buy weapons from. You decided to go to Father Federico to pick up Edward, and maybe have a conversation with the priest. Surprisingly, Father Federico pledged himself to your cause of toppling the Orsani family. Thanks to William, you now also know where Edward is from, and who he is.

>7th of August, 1095

Your day starts off as any other, although your mind is a lot busier. You’ve always had the tendency to think in webs, and currently, you were making a web with everything and anything related to the Orsani family. They traded in arms and tools, which you were just getting started in. To take them over would not only solidify you as a patrician, but it would skyrocket your profits. Ofcourse, there were still other families trading in arms & tools.

After breakfast, you send Edward off to Father Federico. Today was going to be eventful, that much you anticipated. There were a couple of places you absolutely had to visit; the shop and warehouse. However, if you were going to start with the takeover today, you’d also need to commission banners, flags and a new surcoat for William. You’d need to commission a coat of arms, as well. A shave wouldn’t be bad either, but that could wait for a while.

Opening the door to your little house, you glance back at the stone structure. If only you had a mansion again.

>Go to the shop
>Go to the tailor
>Go to the warehouse
>>
>>46393070
>>Go to the tailor
>>
>>46393070
>Go to the tailor
>>
>>46393070
>>Go to the warehouse
>>
File: Streets.jpg (50 KB, 358x600) Image search: [Google]
Streets.jpg
50 KB, 358x600
>>46393211
>Go to the tailor

You decided that it’d be best to order everything at the tailor first. Representation was extremely important, and you’d need a lot of it in the weeks to come. As you walk towards the same tailor you bought your outfit, you notice that the rotting smell is gone, along with the corpse. You couldn’t help but feel sorry for the beggar. To have a long – you assume, at least – and rich life cut short by the loss of a leg.

You came to the sad conclusion that by the end of the year, you’d have a lot of skeletons in your closet. Before you knew it, you arrived at the tailor. As you stepped inside, you saw the tailor appear from the back room. “Oh, it’s you again! Hello! How can I help you?” You cleared your throat, before speaking. “I’m looking for someone to make me a pair of banners, five flags to be raised on a ship, and a surcoat with my coat of arms on it.”

The tailor nodded, motioning for you to follow him to his sewing table. “Take a look at the colours I have available.”

>White with a red trim
>Black with a gold trim
>Black with a white trim
>Blue with a white trim
>White with a blue trim
>>
>>46393378
>Blue with white trim
>>
>>46393378
>>46393378
Can we get tri colour? I want Blue, white, gold.

finally caught a thread, missed out on the last 2.
>>
>>46393378
>>Black with a gold trim
>>
>>46393569
Tricolour is possible if enough people ask for it. Unfortunately, there's not a lot of people yet.
>>
>>46393378
>>46393593
Okay then, changing this >>46393569 to:
Blue, and white (or should it be white then blue?).
>>
>>46393651
Got it. Writing now.
>>
>>46393758
>Blue with a white trim

After taking some time to compare the various coloured fabrics, you eventually grab the blue with white trimmed piece. “This will look good, I imagine.” The tailor nodded in agreement. You had a feeling that he might just be saying ‘yes’ to everything in order to guarantee a sale. In any case, you went along with it.

The tailor walked over to the counter, writing down a few things. “So, two banners, five flags and a surcoat?” You nod, before holding up your hand. “And a new set of clothes to go with it. In those colours.” You paused, wondering what else you could add to that…

“And a blue cape.” You imagined that having something to keep you warm would come in handy during the winter, or when you sail with one of your ships. The tailor nodded, before he approached you. “I’ll just have to measure some things, then.”

A few moments later, he had everything written down. “It’ll be ready in two days, most likely. Unless…” He held up his hand. You imagine giving him some money would ensure you get your wares tomorrow. Or perhaps even tonight.

>Give him a 10 ducat ‘tip’.
>Give him nothing.
>>
>>46393848
>>Give him a 10 ducat ‘tip’.
Holy shit this "April fools" joke is annoying.
>>
>>46393848
>Give him a 10 ducat 'tip'.
>>
>>46393848
Just make sure the cape is a slightly lighter blue.
>>
>>46394013

You begrudgingly reach into your coinpouch, pulling out ten ducats in total. You put it in the tailor’s hand, who closed it with a smile. “Thank you for your business, master…?” Knowing that the tailor would probably give you a discount if you came back, you decided that introducing yourself might be smart. “Domenico Particino. I’m a merchant.”

The tailor gave another smile, putting the ducats in one of the many drawers behind the counter. “Your outfit will be done by tonight. The surcoat and flags will be done by tomorrow, and the banners will be done the day after tomorrow.” You nod, turning to leave. “I’ll come by tonight, then.”

Stepping outside, you’re greeted with a light drizzle. You take a deep breath, before walking from dry spot to dry spot.

>Go to the shop
>Go to the warehouse
>Go to the barber
>>
>>46394040
>>Go to the shop
>>
>>46393889
I cleared my internet browser after 3 months, when I clicked on 4chan I thought I messed everything up. Its not aesthetically appealing to say the least.

>>46394040
>Go to the warehouse
Ask the guards if anyone was lurking around or possibly scouting out our warehouse.
>>
>>46394040
>Go to the shop
>>
File: The Store.jpg (25 KB, 300x400) Image search: [Google]
The Store.jpg
25 KB, 300x400
>>46394149
>Go to the shop

After skillfully dodging as much rain as possible, you arrive at the shop. You open the door to see that Desiderius, William and Michèl are already seated at the table. You apologize for being late and join them. A cup of wine is poured for you as you sit down. Desiderius eyes you for some moments, before speaking. “So, why are we all here?”

You take a sip from the wine, before leaning back in the chair. “Because I’ve finally decided on our course of action.” You decide to throw in a dramatic pause. “We’re going to be replacing the Orsani family as the arms & tools trader in western Venice.” It was met with surprised looks from Desiderius and Michèl, while William just raised an eyebrow.

“And how do you suggest we do that, Domenico?” William suddenly asked. “That’s what we’re all here for.” You reply, looking around the table. “We’re here to decide how to take them down.” A short silence followed, before Michèl spoke. “We’ll need to take some of their shipments, either from the warehouses or from their ships.” He glanced at William, before lowly speaking. “Piracy is a risky business, and stealing their shipments may lead them back to us.”

Desiderius followed up with his suggestion. “I managed to get in touch with some of the blacksmiths. They’re willing to sell to us.” He let it sink in, before continuing. “Their weapons are of subpar quality. We can swap our shipments of mediocre quality weapons with their superior quality shipments.”
Whatever you were going to do, it would be risky.

>Piracy.
>Swap the shipments.
>Ask William for a third option.
>>
>>46394235
>Swap the shipments.
Is the go to plan but perhaps William has a better idea, like arson.
>>
>>46394235
But don't commit to it just yet.
>>
>>46394285
I'd like to see if he has any bright ideas, as for Swapping shipments... well A certain Bavarian could have come in handy it we still had connections. It would provide us with a place to offload or ill gotten gains without it directly leading to us.
>>
>>46394235
>>Ask William for a third option.

Guys so I assume the Bavarians will be enemies of the state. How about we talk to the doge and tell him he approached us. And we should take him up on the deal. With his blessing do 1-3 more deals then offer a huge shipment with the doge and sell them poisoned goods. And shifty quality weapons that look good.
We make a profit and work with the doge. Having him respect us and possibly even help us gain more power and stabilize ourself in the city.
>>
>>46394339

You look towards William. “Anything else we could possibly do, Admiral?” You asked, before taking another sip from your wine. William leaned back in his chair, rubbing his chin in thought. He’d swept his long hair and let his facial hair grow a little bit longer. The classic Musketeer was still visible, though. After some time, he spoke. “We could try and steal their contacts from under their nose, but we’d run the risk of the contacts telling them.”

You sighed, leaning back and closing your eyes for a while, considering every single option. Piracy was an easy way, but you’d be risking your own ships and crew for unknown shipments. Swapping the shipments would require a couple of well-placed bribes, which could be quite costly. And trying to steal their contacts would require more than just bribes; you’d need a guard regiment to guard the contacts that’d switch sides.

>Piracy.
>Shipment swapping.
>Steal their contact.
>>
>>46394401
>>Shipment swapping.
>>
>>46394401
>>Piracy
Till we stabilize. Then once we've more than enough to guard and bribe our way swap shipments.
>>
>>46394401
>Shipment swapping.
>>
>>46394521
>Shipment swapping

You open your eyes, leaning forwards. “Alright, we’ll swap their shipments.” Your decision was met with nods of agreement around the table. Michèl looked quite pleased. Desiderius pours everyone another cup of wine, as you wait for someone to bring up another topic.

William suddenly speaks up. “If you aim to become a patrician, then you will need a wife.” He looks you straight in the eyes, continuing. “Have you found a suitable woman yet?” You simply shake your head, folding your arms and leaning back in your chair again. “Not yet. I’ve been looking a bit, here and there, but none are fit for it.” You couldn’t help but feel a bit disgusted; talking about women like they were just lifestock. As a matter of fact, you actually had two people in mind for now; the only two women you knew their names of.

Desiderius interrupted you before you could say anything. “What about the lady you brought to the store two days ago? Matilda, was it?” You nod. “We don’t know who she is, though. She could be working for one of the other patricians, for all we know.” You reply, which was met with a frown from Michèl, who spoke in his regular thickly accented Italian. “Not everyone in this city is out to get your, Master Domenico. Unless you have evidence, I would suggest carrying on as normal.”
You shrug your shoulders. At that moment, the door to the store opened. A short man entered, holding a pair of scrolls. He spoke in a squeaky voice, looking at the people gathered around the table. “Two letters for Domenico Particino.” You got up from the chair, taking the two letters from the messenger, who promptly left. Both letters bore the seal of the Doge.

>Open them now.
>Save them for later.
>>
>>46394633
>>Open them now.
>>
>>46394633
>Open them now.
>>
>>46394633
>Open them now.
>>
>>46394686
>Open them now

You break the seal on the first scroll, quickly reading it through. Moments later, you put down the letter on the table, grinning widely. “Gentlemen, we have our permit. We are now officially allowed to trade in weapons and tools.” The announcement was met with smiles all around, your advisors taking turns in reading the letters while you opened the other scroll.

You began to read it out loud.

“To the honorable Domenico Particino,

You are hereby cordially invited to attend a dinner in honor of the Doge’s son, Ordelafo Faliero. This dinner is to be held on the 8th of August, starting at sunset. To gain entrance to the dinner, you will have to show this letter to the guardsman at the entrance of the Doge’s Palace.

Yours faithfully,

Faledro, assistant to Doge Faliero.”

It was met with raised eyebrows and confused looks. After a few moments, Desiderius spoke up. “Will you be attending?”

>Yes.
>No.
>We have much work to do. We’ll have to see tomorrow.
>>
>>46394751
>>Yes.
>>
>>46394751
>We have much work to do. We’ll have to see tomorrow.
We have no Lady to go with.
>>
>>46394751
>>Yes
To refuse would be an insult.
>>
File: The Ledger.jpg (244 KB, 1000x715) Image search: [Google]
The Ledger.jpg
244 KB, 1000x715
>>46394896
>Yes.

You chuckle, putting your hand on Desiderius’ shoulder. “Wondering if you could take my place, hm? Perhaps another time, Desi. I’ll be attending this one myself.” You reach for your cup of wine, finishing it. It suddenly dawns on you that you haven’t told them about the colours yet. “And one last thing, before we all go about our business again; I have decided to purchase some things for us.” You pause, recounting it from the top of your head. “Two banners, five flags for the ships, and a surcoat.” You glance at William, who seems to be grinning from ear to ear. He knew that it was meant for him.

“Unless there’s anything else, you’re all free to go.” They shook their heads, all leaving their chairs. William and Michèl left the shop, heading to the docks again. Desiderius took his place behind the counter, opening the ledger. You noticed that he’d started balancing all the accounts, a few pieces of vellum lying next to the massive book, filled with notes.

You figured that there was only one thing you could do before going back to the tailor.

>Talk to Desiderius.
>Head to the docks.
>Head to the tavern.
>Head to the church.
>>
>>46394918
>>Head to the tavern.
>>
>>46394918
>Head to the church.
Pray for help
>>
>>46394918
>Head to the church.
The father may have some info for us. After the first week, we can probably expect Edward to start coming home by himself if we are to busy to walk him home.
>>
>>46394918
>>Talk to Desiderius.
Talk to our man.
>>
File: Church.jpg (75 KB, 784x536) Image search: [Google]
Church.jpg
75 KB, 784x536
>>46394988
>Head to the church.

Perhaps it was best to see if Father Federico had any advice for your current course of action. As a man of the cloth, he often heard the confessions of guards, sailors and dockworkers. There was a good chance that a guardsman cheated on his wife, or took a few bribes. Perfect blackmailing material. And maybe, you’d bump into Francesca in church. If not, you could ask the priest about her.

>[A WHILE LATER, AT THE CHURCH]

You open the doors to the old building, making your way down the aisle and sitting on a pew, staring up at the altar. You sat there for at least fifteen minutes, just thinking. “Are you alright, mister?” Lost in your own thoughts, you had let your guard down. The voice was soft, and you could hear the hesitation after each word. Whoever it was, he or she was shy. You looked over your shoulder, slightly startled. “Y-Yeah, I’m fine.” You looked straight at a brown-haired woman, with a soft face and blue eyes. She gave a shy smile, as she continued to speak.

“You walked right in, and didn’t say a word. You sat there and stared at the altar for a good fifteen minutes. I was wondering if something was wrong.” You recognized her from yesterday; Francesca Boboni. You return a smile, speaking in a hushed tone. It was church, after all!

“I was just… lost in thought.” You said somewhat apologetically. The woman nodded, slowly getting up and moving to sit beside you. She held out her hand. “Francesca Boboni.”

The way she introduced herself, and the fact that you were both seated made the entire meeting seem a lot more casual than it was.

>Give her a formal greeting.
>Greet her casually.
>>
>>46395168
We have to be formal in the house of the Lord.
>>
>>46395168
>>Give her a formal greeting
>>
>>46395168
>Greet her casually.
Match her tone and body language. We want to seem friendly and not alienating.
>>
>>46395292
>>
>>46395368
>Give her a formal greeting

You gently took her hand, twisting it and placing a very soft kiss on the back of it. Just like you’d done with every other noblewoman you’d met in the past. After doing so, you inclined your head. “Domenico Particino. It is a pleasure to meet you, my lady.”

That caused Francesca to blush, as she quickly looked away. You remember what Father Federico said; she wasn’t married. Could this be the reason? Crippling social anxiety? The fact that she spoke first made sense. For all she knew, you expired on the pew of the church. There’s nothing to be shy about when you’re talking to a corpse in church. “What brings you here, Lady Boboni?”

She kept her gaze on the altar. “I come here to pray, daily. It’s also a good place to stay to get away from the bustle of my father’s business.” She sighed, her eyes cast to the stone ground now. You’ve heard of the Boboni business; a small-time shipping company. They only rented their ships out to other businesses. The same storm that cost your father’s life cost them three of their ships.

>Try to make small talk.
>Invite her to the dinner tomorrow.
>>
>>46395399
>>Try to make small talk.
Get to know her better. If she is going anyway invite her.
>>Invite her to the dinner tomorrow.
>>
>>46395399
>Try to make small talk.
>>
>>46395468
Yeah
>>
>>46395551
>Try to make small talk.

You lean back on the pew, glancing at the altar. You spoke in a soft tone, smiling faintly. “I get that. I often have trouble keeping track of all my business.” You look over to her. “Your father lost ships in a storm, two years ago, didn’t he?”

She looked stunned, before nodding. “He did.” You sigh, running a hand through your hair. “I lost my father in that storm.” This wasn’t exactly the small talk you had in mind. It took a really grim turn, really fast. “But I’d rather not talk about that.” Good save, Domenico! She sighed softly, looking at the altar as well. “I shouldn’t have started about that.” You quietly say.

She spoke after some time. “You’re not married, are you?”

>No, and I’m not looking.
>No, but I’m looking.
>Yes, I am.
>>
>>46395719
>No I'm not.
Nothing more or less.
>>
>>46395719
>No, but I’m looking.
It's nice to flirt but we're already eyeing someone else. ;)
>>
>>46395719
>I may be soon. smile towards her.
>>
>>46395777
It may not have been your intention but that sleeved the fuck out of me.
>>
>No, I’m not.

You shake your head, scratching the back of your neck casually. “No, I’m not.” You glance over to the woman. “Father Federico told me that you aren’t, either.” Slightly stunned, she looked down. You remember overhearing her asking if something was normal, yesterday. Perhaps she’s insecure about not being married yet?

“I’m not. Not yet, at least. My father has been extremely busy with trying to find me a suitable husband, but all of them have turned me down for one reason or another.” She folded her hands on her lap, still looking at the ground. Seems like you were right. You carefully put your hand on her shoulder, speaking quietly. “You could come with me to the dinner at the Doge’s Palace, tomorrow at sunset.” You pause, wondering if that was a good idea. You both knew absolutely no one present. Or at least, you hoped she didn’t.

She pondered it for a few moments, before nodding quietly. That’s when you noticed Father Federico sitting behind you, speaking with the familiar old voice. “I see you two are getting along.” You took your hand off of her shoulder. You wonder just how long he’d been sitting there. You also noticed that Francesca was a crimson red now. “Excuse me, Master Particino, Father Federico.” She got up, curtsied and left.

>Discuss business with Father Federico.
>Discuss the woman with Father Federico.
>>
>>46396026
>>Discuss business with Father Federico.
>>
>>46395804
Gonna assume that's a roundabout-way of saying it annoyed you. No I did not intend to come off as anything but indirect egging or openly indirect flirting. Mind giving me some insight?

>>46396026
I'd like to do both but...
>Discuss business with Father Federico.

We can learn more of her later and also have something to talk about.
>>
>>46396026
>both
>>
>>46396072
Not annoyed but weirded out, felt gross.

Guy she just started talking to says he may be then smiles at her? Kind of out of nowhere.
>>
>Both

You fold your arms across your chest, as Father Federico sits next to you now. “She’s shy, isn’t she?” You couldn’t help but agree, tilting your head somewhat. “Twenty years old, as of last week.” The priest looks at you, laying the wooden cane across his lap. “If you’re truly taking her to this dinner at the Palace tomorrow, you’ll need to dress appropriately. Courting a lady is very complex.” He paused, stroking his beard in thought. “I’ll see if I have books on it.”

Embarrassed, you give a brief nod. “Can we talk about business, Father?” The priest sighed, leaning back. “Very well. Is there something you want to know about?”

>Tell me about Orsani’s guards.
>Tell me about Orsani’s servants.
>Tell me about Orsani himself.
>Tell me about Orsani’s captains.
>>
>>46396258
>>Tell me about Orsani's servants.
>>Tell me about Orsani himself.
>>Tell me about Orsani’s captains.
>>
>>46396258
>>Tell me about Orsani’s guards.
>>Tell me about Orsani’s servants.
>>Tell me about Orsani himself.

We should be changing the shipment before it gets on a boat. hopefully bribing the guards. And making sure of the Orsani don't disrupt our plans. by being knowledgeable with the servants.
>>
Forgot to add a [PICK TWO] part. You can only pick two of them.
>>
>>46396258
>Tell me about Orsani’s servants.
We need to subvert him before we resort to force right?

>>46396136
Thought we met her before, and only recognized her face barely back at confession.
>>
>>46396361
>>
>>46396258
Servants and guards then.

>>46396484
I don't think we were ever really introduced to her. It was not w of a she's leaving were arriving kinda deal iirc.
>>
Currently tied 2/2 for guards and servants. Orsani himself is definitely in.
>>
>>46396572
>>Tell me about Orsani’s guards.
>>
>>46396641

You lean forwards, rubbing your face with both hands. “I’m looking for information on the Orsani guards. Are there any guardsmen who might come here to pray, and confess their sins?” You quietly ask, making sure to look over your shoulder. It was just the two of you in the church now. The old man nodded, speaking in an equally quiet tone. “There are three who come here. Two guard the mansion, and the other guards the warehouse. Which do you want to know about?”

Remembering that you want to swap the shipments, you decide on the warehouse guard. “Tell me about the warehouse guard.” The priest strokes his beard in thought, looking up at the painted ceiling. “He has confessed to taking bribes numerous times, and he apparently has a weak spot for wine.” Father Federico looks your way. “Do you plan to do something with the warehouse?”

You don’t say a thing, but the Father could understand. “Can you tell me more about Orsani himself?” you reply instead. Father Federico shakes his head. “He doesn’t come here to pray, but I’ve heard of him. Matteo Orsani, a man whom some say has demons inside his head. I do not know if he even goes to church. One of his guardsmen confessed to feeling bad about his employer’s frequent seizures. He’s frail, apparently.”

That should be enough for you to work with.

>Leave.
>Talk to Edward.
>>
>>46396894
>Leave.
I'm sure Edward can find his way home.
>>
>>46396894
>>Leave.
>>
>>46396894
>>Talk to Edward.
>>
>>46396894
>Leave.
>>
File: Your new outfit.jpg (142 KB, 800x973) Image search: [Google]
Your new outfit.jpg
142 KB, 800x973
>>46397211
>Leave.

You get up from the pew, inclining your head to your ally. “Thank you for your time, Father Federico. Your information will definitely help the cause.” The priest nods, looking off at the altar. “I’ll send Edward home soon. He’s been doing a lot better, and he can form basic sentences now. It’s obvious that he’s had previous teachings. Perhaps in his homeland. He’s a quick learner.”

You bid your farewells again and step outside. Looking up at the sky, you determine that it’s about time to pick up your new outfit. After walking for twenty minutes, you arrive at the small establishment. Your outfit was lying on the counter, completely ready to wear. The tailor came from the back room, smiling widely. “This is probably my finest work yet! I’ve been working on it all day, without a single break.”

Inspecting the entire outfit, you notice the long blue cape, a slightly darker shade of blue than the rest of it. The buttons on your new chestpiece were white, inlaid with golden yellow. An intricate piece of work, held together by a white belt. To your surprise, a pair of brown leather boots were also waiting. You glanced up at the tailor, who explained before you could talk. “Consider those boots a gift. It really ties together the entire outfit.”

You inspect the boots carefully, smiling as you reach into your coinpouch. The tailor shook his head. “You’ll pay for everything together, which will be the day after tomorrow. A hundred ducats in total.” You sigh, taking your outfit and leaving.

>Head home. [END DAY]
>Go to the tavern.
>>
>>46397387
>>Head home. [END DAY]
>>
>>46397387
>Head home. [END DAY]
>>
>>46397387
>Head home. [END DAY
>>
>>46397624
>Head home. [END DAY]

Deciding that there isn’t much to do with the rest of the day, you head home. After about twenty minutes by yourself, Edward comes home. He greets you in Italian and then heads off to his room. You’ve done quite a lot today, but you forgot to go to the warehouse. Those crossbows would need to be tested eventually, as they were no good to you in storage.

After grabbing something to eat, you drop down on your bed and fall asleep. You’ve got a big day tomorrow; a real chance to make yourself known to the upper echelons of Venetian society. You wake up later than usual, and put on your new clothes. You debate on leaving the cape, but you eventually decide to take it with you. You looked absolutely dashing.

You notice that Edward already left for church. You might need to get a shave if you want to look a bit more presentable tonight. You should also go to the shop, to tell Desiderius to pick up the flags. Last but not least, you also had to visit the warehouse. Those crossbows HAD to be tested and sold as soon as possible.

>Go to the shop.
>Go to the barber.
>Go to the warehouse.
>>
>>46397734
>Go to the warehouse.
Shops don't open till around noon right?

And we just went to the barber like 5 days ago.
>>
>>46397734
>>Go to the warehouse.
>>
>>46397734
>>Go to the warehouse.
>>
>>46397734
>Go to the warehouse.
>>
>>46397734
>>Go to the warehouse.
>>
File: Crossbow.png (35 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
Crossbow.png
35 KB, 250x250
>>46398060
>Go to the warehouse.
>8th of August, 1095 (Forgot to mention it earlier)

The crossbows couldn’t wait, you knew that much. You set off for the warehouse, people glancing at you as you walk past. Seems like your outfit was drawing attention. You’re not sure if that was a good thing, or a bad thing. You’d be more of a target for muggers and would-be assailants. You shrug it off, your brown boots fitting quite comfortably.

You eventually arrive at the warehouse, noticing that two extra guards had been stationed outside of the warehouse. It seems that William had ordered some of his sailors to guard duty. As you approached, they stepped aside and let you enter the storage. William was inside, taking inventory of what we currently had. “How are we doing, admiral?” You ask, patting him on the back. “Quite well. As soon as you’re ready, we can move these crossbows.” He replied, walking over to the crates. One of them was still open.

Both you and William grabbed a crossbow. You watched William silently as he prepared the crossbow for the bolt. He cranked the winch a couple of times, before placing a bolt on it. The two of you traded crossbows, as you now held a loaded crossbow. Two sailors had set up four wooden mugs, two rows, two deep. You took a few steps back and slowly held up the crossbow. You weren’t sure how to aim with it, so you just watched William. He quietly stood there, one eye closed. Suddenly, you heard a loud TWANG, followed by a heavy thud. The crossbow bolt had shot through two wooden mugs, stopping just before exiting the second mug. You followed suit, and received much of the same results.

Satisfied, you put the crossbow back in the crate. “So, how much do you reckon these will sell for?” You ask William, grabbing the mugs and inspecting the bolt that had penetrated them. William scratched his chin. “Around seven hundred ducats, give or take.” You had three options now.
>>
>>46398166
>Sell them locally.
>Ship them off to Croatia, where a war was going on.
>Equip your own guards with them.
>>
>>46398185
>>Sell them locally.
Can we ask our Admiral where he got his last shipment.

I say we wait till we get the superior goods and ship em off. Into the warzone
>>
>>46398185
>>Sell them locally.
>>Ship them off to Croatia, where a war was going on.
>>Equip your own guards with them.
We have three cases right? Equip the guards with one case then sell the rest.
>>
>>46398396
We've got 5 of them. 10 crossbows in one crate. A full crate goes for 140 ducats. Keep in mind that we also have a 150 ducats debt, and we have to pay the tailor tomorrow.
>>
>>46398419
Sell 4 locally and quip our ten best marksmen guards with the crossbows.
>>
File: Venice.jpg (645 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
Venice.jpg
645 KB, 1024x768
>>46398461
>Sell them locally.

“I think that having some crossbowmen around here would do wonders for security. We’ll keep a crate here, so we can equip the guards with some when we expand. I’ll get Desiderius to move the other four crates in Venice.” You rub your beard in thought. “That should leave us with five hundred sixty ducats.” You mull over it somewhat. You’re interrupted by William’s pat on your back. “I’ll get right on it.”

You fold your arms across your chest, looking out at the docks. Sailors were still moving back and forth, sharing in banter and drink. You wondered if there was ever a moment where sailors didn’t drink. Live and let live, you suppose.

Content with the knowledge that your admiral will equip the men, you step outside of the warehouse. Because you woke up a bit later today, you’ve got less time than normal.

>Go to the shop.
>Go to the barber.
>Wait for Francesca at the Doge’s Palace. [START DINNER]
>>
>>46398660
>>Go to the barber.
>>
>>46398185

Maybe a few for our ships also, to protect from pirates and assist in securing rival trade.

If we have any spare then >Ship them off to Croatia, where a war was going on.
>>
>>46398660
>>Go to the shop.
Just check in make sure Des got everything then
>>Go to the barber.
>>
>>46398660
>Go to the barber.
Gotta look on point.
>>
File: Barbershop.jpg (23 KB, 236x379) Image search: [Google]
Barbershop.jpg
23 KB, 236x379
>>46398855
>Go to barber.

As you run your hand through your beard, you feel like it’s getting a bit thicker than you like it. Maybe it was time for a new style of facial hair, anyways. You sigh, taking one last look at the warehouse before leaving for Mauricio’s barbershop. You notice that more and more people look at you as you pass by. Was it the boots? You suddenly remember how Desiderius had laughed at your grey boots.

After walking in silence for ten minutes, you’re greeted by the distant laughter coming from Mauricio’s barbershop. Recently, he’d taken on a somewhat lanky apprentice, who was currently sitting outside. You didn’t pay him any attention as you walked inside. “Mauricio!” You exclaim, laughing already. It was greeted with a loud, deep-voiced “Domenico!” as the giant approached you. You put your hand on his shoulder. “How’s business, friend? “ Is the first thing he asks, looking down at your outfit. “Judging from that, you’re on your way to the top!”

You couldn’t help but grin, moving over to sit down at the empty chair. “I’m going places. Not quite the top, but it’s somewhere near it!” Mauricio stands behind you, holding his tools. “What’ll it be today, friend?”

>Clean shave.
>Trimmed beard.
>Mustache only.
>The Musketeer.
>>
>>46399009
>>Clean shave.
>>
>>46399009
>The Musketeer.
Fashionable, and a sign that we respect William's facial hair. It's paying tribute.
>>
>>46399009
>>The Musketeer.
>>
>>46399009
>>Mustache only.
>>
>>46399009
>Trimmed beard.

Sexy 5 shadow. I'm against paying tribute to William's facial hair - we need to prove we are our own man.
>>
>>46399231
>The Musketeer.
I think William was growing a different configuration now. I think the QM said that a few posts ago.
>>
File: The_Store.jpg (51 KB, 300x400) Image search: [Google]
The_Store.jpg
51 KB, 300x400
>>46399265
>The Musketeer.

You scratch your beard one last time, looking at the shiny silver plate that served as a mirror. “I was thinking of leaving just.. this, and this.” You gesture at your mustache, and a strip of hair that would go down from your lower lip to your chin. Mauricio nods and promptly starts to work. During a small break, he gives you a cup of wine, as was tradition. “Hear anything more about the Bavarian?”

Mauricio quietly continued to shave you, speaking after some time. “Nothing important. I hear that he’s still looking for traders. Or smugglers, depending on who you want to believe.” The giant eventually finishes, allowing you to look at your new you. Your mustache had been properly trimmed, and you now had a trimmed strip of hair down your chin. “Dashing, if I might say so.” You drink a wine with Mauricio, chatting about the weather and the ladies.

Fifteen minutes after you entered, you were outside again. As you owed Mauricio a favour, he didn’t ask for any payment. You figured that he’d ask you for something sooner or later. You decided that it’d be best if you head to the store and give Desiderius some more instructions.

>[LATER, AT THE SHOP]

You open the door to the store, nearly bumping into some exiting customers. After letting them pass, you only hear Desiderius laughing. “A cape!? Really!?” And he continues with his laughing. You’re starting to think that his poor fashion sense is the reason, rather than anything being wrong with you. You fold your arms across your chest, tilting your head as you waited for him to finish laughing.

>Straight to business.
>Try and banter with him.
>>
>>46399403
>Straight to business.
>>
>>46399403
>Try and banter with him.
>>
>>46399403
>Straight to business.
>>
>>46399403
>>Straight to business.
>>
>>46399501
>Straight to business.

After some time, you finally speak. “Are you done, or is there something else you need to laugh about?” And that’s when he noticed your facial hair. He remained eerily silent, though. He knew when to get serious, which he thankfully did just now. “Alright. I’m done.” He said as you moved towards the counter, putting both hands on it and leaning forwards.

“Alright, I need you to go to the tailor and pick up the flags for the ships, along with William’s new surcoat. No need to pay, just say that you’re representing me. Take the cart, because I assume the flags will be quite heavy.” You narrow your eyes at him. “Understood?” It was met with a simple, stern nod. “Good.” You walked over to the table, pouring yourself a cup of wine. Desiderius suddenly spoke. “Are you taking anyone to the Palace?”

>I’m taking a lady.
>I’m going by myself.
>>
>>46399607
>I’m taking a lady.

Dinner party alone? Nah. Take the waifu.
>>
>>46399607
>I'm taking a lady.
We're not gonna lie to him.
>>
>>46399607
>>I’m taking a lady.
So no I can't take you.
>>
>>46399607
>>I’m taking a lady.
>>
>>46399781
>I’m taking a lady.

You turn around, still drinking from the cup. “I am. She’s the daughter of Mario Boboni.” You said after nearly finishing the entire drink in one go. Desiderius chuckled, shaking his head. “Is he the same Boboni who rents out ships to other families and businesses?” You nod. “The very same.” Desiderius didn’t look very impressed, looking at the streets through the store window. “I thought you’d be taking Matilda.”

You shrug your shoulders, pulling the two black gloves from your belt. You slowly pull them on, glancing down at yourself one last time. You looked highly presentable, to say the least. “I’ve only bumped into her twice. I talked with Lady Francesca in church yesterday.” Desiderius couldn’t help but laugh. “You seem to be going to church daily, ever since you took in Edward. Are you becoming a priest?”

You mock laughed, running a gloved hand through your hair. “Ha-ha. Very funny. No, I’m there to talk to Father Federico. He gave me some valuable information today; one of the guards at the Orsani warehouse is easily bribed, and apparently, Matteo Orsani has seizures regularly.” That caught Desiderius off-guard, as he quickly scrambled to write it down. You held up a hand to stop him. “Keep it in your head, Des.” You finish your cup of wine and head to the door. “Oh, and try to sell four of the crossbow crates. They should easily give us around five-sixty ducats.”

>Leave for the Palace. [Wait for Francesca]
>Head to the Boboni estate. [Pick up Francesca]
>>
>>46399852
Head to the Boboni estate. [Pick up Francesca]

Gentlemen.
>>
>>46399852
Once we have more money we need to invest in an armed escort
>>
>>46399852
>>Head to the Boboni estate. [Pick up Francesca]
But we get there and she has already left.
>>
File: Venice 2.jpg (566 KB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
Venice 2.jpg
566 KB, 1920x1200
>>46400015

You took a few moments to clear your head. After some internal debate, you decided that picking up Francesca would not only send a better message, it’d also look a lot more dignified than a up-and-coming patrician waiting by a bridge, alone. It’s also a lot safer for her to travel with you, even though you didn’t carry any weapons. You made a mental note of asking William for some basic techniques.

You knew the streets and alleys of Venice like the back of your pocket. Slipping through alleys and across bridges, you arrived at the Boboni estate in about thirty minutes. The sun was just a few hours away from setting. The Boboni estate looked impressive, even though you knew that it wasn’t as big as it looked. The guards at the front gate stopped you. “What’s your business?”

“Here to escort Lady Francesca to the dinner at the Doge’s Palace.” You replied, sounding honest and sincere. The guard narrowed his eyes at you, not really sure what to do. At that moment, you see Francesca walking down the steps towards the gate, her soft voice addressing the guard. “It’s alright, Mario.” The guards inclined their head and opened the gate, allowing the woman to step through.

She looked quite different, having traded her sober dress for a very expensive-looking green dress, with white frills at the end of her sleeves. She wore a golden necklace, with an emerald set in it. You notice that her curly brown hair seemed to shine a bit more than yesterday, although that may be the lighting.
You extend your arm, and she graciously takes it.

>Compliment her appearance.
>Begin talking about the dinner.
>>
>>46400176
>>Compliment her appearance.
>>
>>46400176
>>
>>46400176
Are we going to waifu her?
>>
File: Doge's Palace.jpg (384 KB, 820x1047) Image search: [Google]
Doge's Palace.jpg
384 KB, 820x1047
>>46400486

You slowly began to walk with her. You’ve never really had the time to walk this slowly, always running from one place to another. It felt oddly calming. During the long walk to the Doge’s Palace, there had to be something you could say. Glancing down at her, you spoke in your most charming voice. “You look beautiful. I expected you to wear a simple dress.”

Her cheeks flushed somewhat, as she lowered her head a little. “Thank you. I quite like your outfit as well. The belt really ties it all together, and then there’s that wonderful cape… Where did you have this made?” You scratched the back of your neck, not aware that your own cheeks were a little red as well. “It’s a very small shop. There are a few things being made there for me. This outfit was one of them. I can take you there sometime.”

She flashed a smile, looking up at you. “I’d like that.”

The rest of the trip was quite uneventful, mostly idle chatter about various buildings and colourful banners hanging from them. Eventually, the two of you arrived at the Doge’s Palace. You showed the guard your invitation, and headed on in. Suddenly, you were back in the main hall, with a new statue having been added to the collection.

>Socialize with the others.
>Try and find someone familiar.
>Stick with Francesca.
>>
>>46400609
>>Socialize with the others.
With Francessca. No reason we both can't get some hob nobbing done at the same time.
>>
>>46400609
>>Socialize with the others.
>>
>>46400677
Seconding this.
>>
>>46400973
>Socialize with the others, but take Francesca with you.

You sigh softly, looking around the main hall. “I barely know any of these people. It’s very… disheartening to admit that.” That caused Francesca to giggle a little, as she just pat your arm. “I’ll introduce you to some of these people.” Before you could know it, Francesca led you to an old-looking man, standing with two equally dusty-looking men, most likely his trade partners. While she seemed incredibly shy at first, you couldn’t help but feel like she was a lot smarter than you let on.

“Patrician Orsani, I’d like to introduce you to Domenico Particino.” You suddenly snapped out of your daydream, standing before your opponent. You extended your right hand, your left still occupied by Francesca. “I’ve heard much of you, Master Orsani.” Little did he know that you were plotting the downfall of his entire family. He took your hand and shook it, his voice sounding awfully shrill and high. “Ofcourse you have. I don’t think I’ve ever heard of you, though.”

Condescending would be the proper word to describe him. You kept up the fake smile, retracting your hand after the shake. Francesca thankfully said something before you did. “Domenico is an up-and-coming merchant. His family used to be a major player in the grain and lifestock trade.” That surprised you. The girl had brushed up on your family history, apparently. Could Father Federico have been behind it?

>Remain humble about it.
>Brag about it.
>Remain silent.
>>
>>46401009
>Remain humble about it.

"We fell by accident and lacklustre management, something i hope to change. Annoyingly the bad harvest has slowed my efforts but still, i am expanding my business and putting my own ships to sea once more but enough about me. Your are some of the most powerful {Complement} in this city, any advice for me? As a trader i mean."
>>
>>46401009
>Remain humble about it.
We're not a big fish anymore and we should act like it.

Let him think that we're small and weak. It throw suspicion off us.
>>
>>46401079
I'm against some of this. Let's not discuss our recent advancement in the naval capacity.

Asking his advice is fine though.
>>
>Remain humble about it.

You kept up the fake smile, trying to remain as humble as you possibly could. The old patrician spoke first, though. “Ah, but that isn’t the case anymore, is it? I don’t see why I should waste time on a pleb.” You frowned just a little, glancing at Francesca. She was great at keeping up, what you assumed to be, a fake smile. “A series of unfortunate accidents can ruin an entire business empire. I am currently in the process of just managing what little I have left. Do you perhaps have any advice?”

Matteo Orsani inspected you with a scrutinizing eye, before he spoke. “Don’t be vain, and focus on your business first.” It was about as useful as you could imagine. So far, the old man had insulted you once and the family twice. The revenge would be incredibly sweet. Francesca interrupted again, apparently noticing your discomfort. “Have a pleasant evening, Patrician.” And with that, she guided you away again.

So far, she’s impressed you. The two of you make small chat with multiple other small business owners, mostly located on the other side of Venice, which was still outside of your reach. Eventually, however, you could do business with them.

Everyone was interrupted by the ringing of a small bell, as the Greek attendant you assumed to be Faledro, raised his voice. “Dinner is about to be served.”

You walk with Francesca to the dining hall…

>Remain quiet.
>Ask her where she learned the histories.
>Flirt.
>>
>>46401347
>Flirt.
No reason we can't do both.

I like this girl, she is more intelligent that I initially thought.
>>
>>46401347
>>
>>46401446
Seconding.
>>
>>46401446
backing.
>>
>>46401446
>Ask where she learned the histories.
>Flirt.

… And you decide to take a leap. “I have to say, I’m humbled that a beautiful woman such as you took an interest in my family. May I ask who told you of my family’s history?” You already had a faint idea about who told her, but it was good to be sure about it. She gave a warm smile, before quietly speaking. “I think we both know who told me. How long do you think I was in the church yesterday?”

Amused, the two of you walk into the grand dining hall. It was richly decorated with gold and marble, along with multiple paintings and statues. At the center of the room stood a long table, with enough room for maybe sixty people. At the head sat the old Doge. You and Francesca were assigned about twenty seats down from him

The dinner went relatively fast, with the main course consisting of different kinds of roast. Expensive wines were consumed, and many tales were told. You were always taught to drink moderately, a lesson which you heeded when you thought it to be smart. Tonight was one of those cases. About three hours after the dinner had begun, it ended. As people left the dining hall and headed back into the main hall, you could hear numerous agreements being made. If you had known that this was a common occurrence, you might’ve struck up a few deals yourself. A valuable lesson for the next time.

You decided to head outside, Francesca quickly catching up with you. It was just the two of you now, along with a couple of guards standing by the door.

>Take her home. [END DAY]
>Court her. [START ROMANCE]
>>
>>46401949
>>Court her. [START ROMANCE]
>>
>>46401949
>>Take her home. [END DAY]
Let's hold off for now. Talk to her whenever we run into each other but no romance just yet.
>>
>>46401949
>>Court her. [START ROMANCE]
Courting takes a while. We can always break things off if we have second thoughts. Besides, her father is pretty wealthy. Win-win.
>>
>>46402225
Not to mention he has ships, he compliments our plans for expansion well.
>>
>>46401949
I like her, her father's business would work well with ours and this option doesn't actually lock us into anything. Go for it.
>>
>7th of August, 1095
huh, the Pope's call for the first crusade will be in a few months.

That's going to be great for business. Selling weapons/food and ferrying soldiers to the Holy Land!
>>
>>46402444
And the first crusade turns out pretty good for us too
>>
>>46402479
Basically every Crusade is good for us. Even if the fighting goes poorly, we can still make a ton of money.
>>
>>46402532
This, hell even accounting for the profitability of war for traders, Venice always came away from a crusade better off than it had started generally.
>>
>>46402387

You look up at the night sky. It must be around ten o’clock, you guess. Once you look back down, you notice that Francesca was looking at you, instead of gazing at the gardens. You felt a little awkward, as you began to speak. “Thank you for coming with me tonight. I had no idea you were this versed in the… courtly intrigues.” You smiled down at her. “I had a lot of fun tonight. I… think I’d like to do something like this again.” She quietly said, taking a step closer. The two of you exchanged looks for a while, before you extended your arm for her again. She graciously took it, hugging your arm a little. It was getting colder, after all.

Your mind began to race; you could ask her if she wanted to start a courtship, or you could do it the old-fashioned way, and ask her father. In any case, you were determined to be with Francesca. The two of you slowly walked down the steps of the Doge’s Palace, heading towards the gates. Swallowing your pride, and possibly risking an embarrassing moment, you decide to get it over with. “Would you like to start a courtship, Lady Francesca?”

All you could see was a red face leaning against your blue cape. Her soft voice spoke, as she finally straightened. “I think you need to discuss that with my father.” You felt a bit uneasy at that. “But.” She continued, adding a dramatic pause. “I would be very open to it, Domenico.” She looked up at you, giving a sweet smile.

The rest of the trip to her family’s estate is spent in relative silence, as the two of you just enjoy eachother’s company. The guards open the gate once the two of you arrive, and Francesca reluctantly lets go of your arm. The two of you share a long, last look before parting ways. No words had to be said, for you both understood enough.

>Head home.
>Head to the tavern.
>>
>>46402633
>Head home.
It's been a good night, gentlemen.
>>
>>46402633
>>Head home.
>>
>>46403035
>Head home

Deciding that you need some sleep, you begin the hour-long walk home. You once again revert to using the fastest possible way, crossing seedy alleys and leaping over narrow canals at places. You arrive at home within forty minutes. It must’ve been at least ten past eleven by now. You haven’t been up this late in months. The first thing you do when you open the door is nearly collapse. Closing and locking it behind you, you quickly move into your room.

You look at the wooden mannequin in the corner, wondering if it would be worth the effort to get your clothes on it for now. The mannequin was battered, having previously been used as a target at a barracks. You managed to patch it up somewhat, but it still had signs of wear. Deciding that it was worth it, you begin to undress and place your outfit on the stand. Exhausted, you drop on your straw bed a few moments later.

And that’s all for tonight, folks!

How did you enjoy this particular thread? Are you happy with the decision to court Francesca? What did you think of our first encounter with our rival?

Be sure to check twitter for updates on when I'll be posting another thread. I'll be posting the updated bios and assets before every thread, as well!

https://twitter.com/MedievalQuest
>>
>>46403131
Solid thread!

Do you have a wider plot in mind, or is just is advancing?
>>
>>46403131
Well fuck, fell asleep twice and missed an important vote at the end. Getting better? Idk I'm still drowsy.
Thread replies: 149
Thread images: 12

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.