[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Intelligent Spiders
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4
File: frodo_shelob_sc.jpg (18 KB, 470x255) Image search: [Google]
frodo_shelob_sc.jpg
18 KB, 470x255
What would their technology look like?
>>
>>46391606
web based, I guess.

Automatic traps or more simple flails could be a start; lots of bridges.
>>
>>46391606
Things that can very complicated triggering mechanisms because one spider can do several things at once with good coordination.

Weaving webs or manufactured cords in amazing ways that are surprisingly strong.
>>
Stuff with hair triggers, I imagine intelligent spiders would be rather dexterous.
>>
>>46391606
Scary
>>
>>46392039
>>46392107
So their tech would be purely string-based then? Would it be entirely unconventional stuff?
>>
Eh, they are spiders, they probably won't have any technology beyond simple traps and the like.

Not very social creatures, even the "social" spiders are just biding their time until they can devour the first unlucky fucker when the convenient food source runs out.
>>
You looking for scifi, magicpunk or just straight up fantasy?
>>
>>46391606
No hands or similarly dexterous extremity. So probably not besides more complicated versions of what you already see spiders making. No pottery, writing, woodworking, or metal crafting.
>>
>>46394262
Fluff wise in my setting, their culture is 'good to stay in touch, bad to be touched'.

They talk to each other via magic or psionics, but rarely meet face to face.

>>46394288
Fantasy. Probably high fantasy.
>>
>>46394308

I imagine they are probably a lot like Beholders.
>>
>>46394308
High fantasy will have them using their webs for armor and building material, depending on magic and potions applied to it.

Also have a lot of spider web themed traps and weapons to augment fangs and leg punctures.

Some of their high magic would probably involve tunneling, magical transformation and draining life force from multiple creatures at a time or giving multiple spiders life force from one large source, like a dragon or bullete.
>>
File: DIving Bell Spider.jpg (58 KB, 650x437) Image search: [Google]
DIving Bell Spider.jpg
58 KB, 650x437
>>46394308

Tell me.

Have they colonized the oceans?
>>
>>46391606
If you've ever played the game prey you'll understand this.

Basically a bunch of passages and connections that go on the roofs and floors and even walls of the rooms your in.

Let's say a human is in the environment but the control room is on the roof and maybe a panel on the wall along with things on the ground.

Metal Environments and probably same as us.
>>
>>46394373
Not in this world. Nothing has colonised the oceans, nothing sentient anyway. It's just straight up too dangerous.

They have colonised some inland seas though.
>>
>>46393177
There would probably be a lot more tethers, pullies, and suspension structures. Architecture would also take into account that they can wall-climb, so have fun trying to imagine what the world would be like with no stairs.
>>
Bumping, any last ideas? Planning for these to show up in my next session, anything to fuck with my players would also be good.
>>
File: Muffet.gif (101 KB, 216x212) Image search: [Google]
Muffet.gif
101 KB, 216x212
>>46396217
Even if they aren't anthro, play up the extra legs, ALWAYS.
>>
>>46396217
Look the 9 movie. It's a bad movie, but there's some examples of what spider-technology could look like.
>>
File: shadow vessel.jpg (22 KB, 370x260) Image search: [Google]
shadow vessel.jpg
22 KB, 370x260
>>46391606

Nightmare-inducing.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.