[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Age of Sigmar General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 56
File: Archaon and Ghal Maraz.jpg (784 KB, 1536x2000) Image search: [Google]
Archaon and Ghal Maraz.jpg
784 KB, 1536x2000
>resources
pastebin.com/jfL9Bbrj

Women can be reforged, but do they retain the features of female?
>>
>>46387777
>but do they retain the features of female?
I honestly don't see why not. These are not space marines. I can totally see an Eternal taking off its helmet and seeing an actually QT face underneath, but carrying the grim expression and resolve of one convicted to eternally fight chaos. Their armor doesn't need to reflect that they are female.

I've always seen the SCE armour as a representation of sigmar himself, and not the individual wearing it.
>>
>>46387777
No, because that would require GW to make a new storm cast body that isn't the one they've been copy and pasting for the past year.
>>
>>46387777
Is it me or does Archaon look fat?
>>
>>46388073
He's just buff. Or maybe he's gotten fat from being a mortal god, I don't know.
>>
So.... Dead thread for a dead game or...?
>>
>>46388744

no that's pretty much it.
>>
File: 20160331_163243.jpg (105 KB, 1200x702) Image search: [Google]
20160331_163243.jpg
105 KB, 1200x702
New battalion for the Sylvaneth.
Not exactly amazing, but the heal is kinda nice to keep your treelords in the game.
>>
File: aos corsairs.jpg (88 KB, 800x509) Image search: [Google]
aos corsairs.jpg
88 KB, 800x509
>>46389192
Darn, was hoping you'd dump the rest.

To get it out of the way, the basic dark elves battalion ("darkling covens") hasn't leaked. Think most of the others have though.
>>
File: aos dragon princes.jpg (69 KB, 800x382) Image search: [Google]
aos dragon princes.jpg
69 KB, 800x382
>>46389254
>>
File: aos freeguild.jpg (79 KB, 800x450) Image search: [Google]
aos freeguild.jpg
79 KB, 800x450
>>46389260
>>
File: aos khainites.jpg (68 KB, 800x450) Image search: [Google]
aos khainites.jpg
68 KB, 800x450
>>46389268
>>
File: aos wanderers.jpg (92 KB, 800x464) Image search: [Google]
aos wanderers.jpg
92 KB, 800x464
>>46389272
>>
File: Zwei.png.jpg (151 KB, 922x1000) Image search: [Google]
Zwei.png.jpg
151 KB, 922x1000
And the GA: Order contents.

I was wrong, there's quite a few battalions that haven't leaked yet. I've only seen what I've already posted, I'm afraid.
>>
File: Drei.jpg (149 KB, 782x1000) Image search: [Google]
Drei.jpg
149 KB, 782x1000
>>46389292
>>
Forgeworld is doing last chance to buy on a couple of things:
>Ogre rhinox thunderlord
>Ogre rhinox cavalry 1 & 2
>Brood horror (on its own, the warlord on brood horror is safe)
>Wight king battle standard bearer
>Arcane frogs
>>
>>46389254
Feared Taskmaster is pretty great. Telling a Kharibdyss to pile in twice? That'll hurt.
>>46389260
I don't get the charge part there. If you can charge it in your hero phase, you can also charge it in your melee phase, so it's basically just a failsafe to give you a second chance to charge?
Double move is nice though. Pop it t1 to get right up in your opponents grill.
>>46389272
Lots of additional pile ins here. Aweseome in theory, but rolling a single dice per unit is kinda meh.
>>
>>46389281
The outflank-like ability on a army of that size is worthless, but the unit selection and second shooting phase is great and plays to the strengths of the faction.
Just hold the enemy in place with Eternal Guard and shoot them to hell.
>>
>>46387777
>Women can be reforged, but do they retain the features of female?
Probably, but you wouldn't be able to tell under the armor. the whole point of the armor is uniformity, and it really messes with chaos warriors
>>
>>46389744
Stormcast are muscled giants with exaggerated features.

Who would want to see a female version of that?
>>
Honestly, I wouldnt because I feel as though GW would make it bad somehow. They cant have diversity without putting so much emphasis on it.
It would be sick if in the audiobook or books/battletomes they had a Femcast character.
>>
>>46389758

That sounds pretty cool to me.

There isn't enough models of actually strong looking females.
>>
File: IMG_0081.jpg (2 MB, 2592x1936) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0081.jpg
2 MB, 2592x1936
rip in pepperoni my 5k points of worth Bretonnia.

I dont feel like using them as the free people either.
I was thinking of continuing with my wood elf army.
So far I got:
>24 Glade Guards
>24 Dryads
>15 Glade riders
>1 Glade Lord
>1 Mounted Glade Lord
>1 Spell weaver

What should I get next? My main opponent is playing skeltals

I was thinking of getting a pack of High Elf Shadow Warriors and convert them into Waywatchers.

Pic related, it's my unfinished wood elves.
>>
As someone deeply interested in the new Total War: Warhammer game, but has never played Warhammer Fantasy; what should I instantly be pissed off about before the game even releases?
>>
>>46389875
In terms of what?
>>
>>46389880
Lore, basically. I know for Warhammer Online, the shitstorm was they they only had 2 factions despite all the races wanting to kill eachother instead of form alliances.
>>
>>46389353

Wish they announced it in the app. I've been meaning to buy the BSB and now it's already sold out.
>>
>>46389894

Creepy it got my last name right lol.
>>
>>46389875
Not being able to conquer all lands as one faction
Chaos Warriors are pre-order DLC that'll be released later for cash
Vampire Count units have fatigue
They plan on having three games (WHFB, End Times, AoS probably) and will DLC the fuck out of those like Sega does every Total War
Bretonnian units are actually just a subset of Empire units
Skaven and other factions more than likely DLC

All I can think of right now. Sure there's more.
>>
>>46389856
The Kings of War rulebook.
>>
>>46389856
Ballpark suggestion, maybe get soem more infantry? You seem to have a solid army so its really just tweaking things a bit here and there.
>>46389892
Lore is pretty solid, you got most of the big players running around and with dlc and the other games they'll just keep adding more. Really, maybe more about game mechanics, I feel like Vampire Counts may not be tough enough but we'll see.
>>
>>46389856
In the old rules, Waywatchers are fantastic, and worth getting, so you can't go wrong there.
Eternal Guard are a deceptively strong unit when you give them shields, and it gives you something to fall back on when they get close to your shooting units
>>
>>46389973

Eternal Guard in cover with Mystic Shield are 3+/3+ with a 2+ save that can reroll 1s and 2s when they don't move and use Fortress of Boughs.
>>
>>46389901
Nah, the three games are different parts of the warhammer world. F'rinstance it's a pretty safe bet we'll get one where the map covers parts of ulthuan, naggaroth and lustria (not sure what the third game would be though, maybe the dark lands and the ogre kingdoms, possibly the top of khemri thrown in too?). Supposedly each game then unlocks its factions in any other game in the series (so you could play high elves in the old world if you had both the old world and the new world games, for example).

You're right on the DLC factions though. Although I do wish people on the TW forums would shut the fuck up about playable tilea, estalia, araby, cathay, etc. etc. There's loads more important factions to get done that don't involve doing concept art from scratch.

I don't mind the limited occupation for all the factions, there's some that don't make sense, but I don't get why vamps can't take karaks. They really don't mind not being able to see the sun, quite the opposite in fact.
>>
>>46389856
Consider a unit of Eternal Guard. Those guys are the anvil on which you hammer your opponent to bits.
Also, since you already have a bunch of Dryads you might want to expand your Sylvaneth some more. A Treelord or one of its variants is never amiss.
>>
>>46390024
>I don't mind the limited occupation for all the factions, there's some that don't make sense, but I don't get why vamps can't take karaks. They really don't mind not being able to see the sun, quite the opposite in fact.

Fluffwise, Neferata claimed a dwarf hold and made it her new kingdom, right?
>>
>>46390062
Yeah, think so. I get why Empire (say) wouldn't take those underground settlements, although it'd be nice if you could have a small mining camp there so there's some benefit to taking it beyond "stop raiding me you fucks", but the vamp thing is just baffling when there's fluff like neferata's silver pinnacle out there.
>>
>>46389268
i'm guessing free guild guard are state troops ?
>>
>>46390257
Yep.
>>
>>46390308
thanks randy
>>
>>46390337
No worries, Lloyd.
>>
>>46390475
Stop trying to take credit for Randys work Gene.
>>
>>46390509
You're a dick, Nick.
>>
File: MORBO.jpg (177 KB, 800x640) Image search: [Google]
MORBO.jpg
177 KB, 800x640
who /seraphon/ here
>>
>>46389856
you can still use bretonnians with the warscrolls compendium they put out at the start of AOS
>>
File: CNOqjOW.webm (3 MB, 720x404) Image search: [Google]
CNOqjOW.webm
3 MB, 720x404
>>46390775
Call them for they proper name at least, Lizard Man. Way to go AoS, from one of the most misterious faction of the game with lots of cool shit to phantoms/angels without personality. It makes me angry, and wanting to lizard posting.
>>
>>46389758
with metal tits oh yes
>>
>>46390836
>literally your dudes the game
>doesnt have the imagination required to make up your own fluff
>>
>>46391404
So much "your dudes" that you can't kit heroes nor units the way you desire, altering drastically their function. No fluffy magic items anymore.

Also, if the fluff says that the lizardmen are now dreamed by the slann, you wouldn't just be making your own fluff, you'd be going against the very core of the faction's fluff.
>>
>>46390836
>Call them for they proper name at least, Lizard Man

how do you post here if you are fucking illiterate

they are seraphon

that is the proper name
>>
>>46390775
I am. Got Kroak on the way.
>>
>>46390775
>not /Skaven/
Get out of here scale-things
>>
>>46391740
>>46390836
Are you guys mentally retarded? The Seraphon have personality and emotions more than ever before.

The Slann summon them from their Azyr cities to battle. Each Seras, from skinks to Sarus, that make up the Starhosts has his own personality.

So what's stopping you from creating your own Starhost? Let me guess being so retarded that you can't read the fluff you are complaining about?
>>
>>46392133
Yeah, they are summoned from memory, but there is a snippet that states that in a realm of existance that is beyond Sigmars Realm, all the Seraphon chill there, waiting to be called by the Slann.
>>
Quick rules question: Every Daemon Warscroll states that Chaos Wizards are able to summon them via spell. Now both words are bold so I assume that referes to Keywords?

So could my Brayshaman, who is both Chaos and Wizard be able to summon Daemonettes, assuming I already have some on the field?
>>
>>46392133
>Let me guess being so retarded that you can't read the fluff you are complaining about?

People insist they want nuanced and deep fluff but because this involves reading they never understand it and just reveal their stupidity

all the anti-AoS shitposting is based on deliberate misreading or casuals who are used to video games, where everything is shallow and spoonfed to them
>>
>>46392833
Honestly, I want to say yes. I know they had a Q&A ad alot of people asked about summoning so when the release their answer then maybe it will be clear. But if your Beastdude has the words CHAOS and WIZARD, then I say go for it. You are right till you are wrong.
>>
>>46392833
Yes, if you have a Daemonette on the field then any model that has both the "CHAOS" and "WIZARD" keyword is able to summon them.
>>
>>46392833
>>46392954
Do you have to already have Daemonettes on the field? Shouldn't you be able to summon them as long as you have the models available and a Chaos Wizard model on the field?
>>
>>46393065
My interpretation is that the unit has to be on the field because the unit warscroll gives the ability to the wizards.
>>
>>46393109
No, the unit has to be in your army when you and your opponent both place down your armies. So when the game starts and you and your opponent balance your forces, you can either set it to one side and say you're going to summon it in, or if that unit dies, it can be summoned back in.
>>
>>46393813
Where does it say this?
>>
>>46387777

They do look female under the armor. The armor itself however looks exactly the same as the rest of the Stormhost.
>>
>>46393871
Nowhere, he's talking shit. All summon spells are known by their respective summoners by default, regardless of wheter you picked the unit for your army beforehand.
>>
>>46393962
>All summon spells are known by their respective summoners by default, regardless of wheter you picked the unit for your army beforehand.
Where does it say this?
>>
>>46393962
That's what I was getting at. I didn't mean to imply that what I was talking about was what the rules dictate, just how I balance summoning in games. But yes, summonses know the spell regardless if that unit is still on the field.
>>
>>46393962
But you do need to have picked that unit from your army beforehand. You can't summon in a bloodthirster if it wasn't originally in what you said you were bringing. Here's where I get this from:
>You can continue setting up units until you have all the units you want to fight in this battle, or have run out of space...any units are held in reserve, playing no part unless fate plays a hand.
This means that any unit that can be summoned can be set as reinforcements, or brought back after being killed.
>>
>>46390024
I guess they need a viable population of human cattle that breed enough new ones fast enough
Or they can't survive of dwarf blood
>>
File: aos-warscroll-bastiladon-de.pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
aos-warscroll-bastiladon-de.pdf
1 B, 486x500
>>46394014
Right on the warscroll. Take a look at the Bastilodon, forexample. There is no conditional clause limiting the spell, Slann Wizards just know this spell on top of their default spells. Same goes for all other summons, even terrain summons.
>>
File: zombies.png (203 KB, 814x633) Image search: [Google]
zombies.png
203 KB, 814x633
>>46394077
How did you arrive at that conclusion? Reserves are just that, reserves, but a summon is the outright creation of a unit, it is *added* to your army. It says so right on the warscroll.
>>
>>46394199
Wizard scrolls state the spells they know.

Unit scrolls state that Wizards know the summoning spell associated with the unit.

If a wizard knew every spell then it would be explicitly stated somewhere. The only valid interpretation is that Wizards only know summoning spells if you use the unit in your battle.

Now the real question is "Does my Wizard keep the summon spell if the unit dies?"
>>
File: image.jpg (201 KB, 650x823) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
201 KB, 650x823
So /AOS/AOARCCHAON General I was wondering, is was looking at some the Aos novels and I was wondering if the Fyreslayers book might actually be decent.
>>
>>46394419
They can hardly put all the summoning spells on every appropriate wizards warscroll, considering those are meant to be short and easy to comprehend. Putting them on the units' warscrolls is a reasonable compromise.
Additionally, if this were wrong it'd mean fucking Nagash wouldn't know how to summon bloody skeletons by default, which would be kinda silly.
But, in the end, it's very vague in terms of its definition, so it's probably for the best to wait and hope one of those facebook questions will adress this.
>>
>>46394852
I thought it was a decent enough read. If you like dwarfs/duadrin and action, get it.
>>
>>46394852
Yeah, I quite enjoyed it. It is three short-ish stories rather than one long one through the book, but it gave a good idea of them as a race, how they live in their holds and how they fight and that. I also liked that it wasn't all hunky-doory, things got a bit dark and hopeless at times.
>>
this game is good

april fools
>>
>>46395021
If they wanted it to work this way they could have put a quick blurb in the wizard warscroll like "This unit can summon SERAPHON/CHAOS/DEATH units, see individual unit warscrolls for more details" but they didn't do that.

Either way I agree that it is too vague and requires official clarification.
>>
>>46387777

Dem baby hands.
>>
>>46390803

>You can still use this once dedicated faction by using this barely functional supplement that will never be updated

No, Anon is better off getting out of the hobby. AoS is simply not fun.
>>
>>46392133
>The Seraphon have personality and emotions more than ever before.
Wrong they at best have the same possibilities for individuality than before, at worst they don't remember who they are/are simply wearing someone else's personality or role/are for all intents and purposes reimagined constructs

With no more temple cities they have definitely lost a lot of potential for characterization gaining just star and celestial as adjectives
>>
>>46395095
>blurb
...huh. That's true. Didn't even think of that. That'd have been a simple but elegant solution.
>>
So everything I've seen and read about Warhammer Total War leads me to believe that it is an abomination against the Total War series, and even the Warhammer name.

Am I correct in this belief and go back to Rome2&3/Medieval2/GRORIOUS NIPPON or be hype?
>>
File: image.jpg (60 KB, 470x470) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
60 KB, 470x470
What's the base color on this dracoth?
>>
>>46395398
Stegadon Scale Green, I'd wager.
>>
>>46395262
>Wrong they at best have the same possibilities for individuality than before, at worst they don't remember who they are/are simply wearing someone else's personality or role/are for all intents and purposes reimagined constructs

No, you are wrong.

What I meant more personality is that GW is now open to have them be actual characters who interact and speak for themselves. Who form bonds with other forces of Order. There is no possibility, it's a goddamn reality in AoS. For example, the Skaven Pestlins novel which had Sera POV.

So when fuckers claim otherwise it shows what ignorant and argumentative sorts they are.

>With no more temple cities they have definitely lost a lot of potential for characterization gaining just star and celestial as adjectives

False.

Each constellation has a history and objective in the Slann grand plan. Few of them have been explored in the campaign.

So you can have "Your dudes" easily. Making that anons claim as worthless as yours.
>>
>>46395356
What I've seen looks pretty fun. What's got your goat? Sieges? Occupation?
>>
>>46395822
Vampires can't take dwarf holds.

Chaos will not be available on release. You will have to wait for them to release the DLC.

These are a few complaints I got on this board.
>>
>>46395966
>Chaos will not be available on release.
They are, but only free with a preorder. The chaos warriors race pack on Steam has a May 24th release date, same as the main game.

Vamps not taking karaks is indeed weird (although I agree with them that dwarfs taking empire cities or vice versa is a bit silly).
>>
>>46395462
Thanks. I'm not familiar with these new colors.
>>
>>46395732
>Each constellation has a history and objective in the Slann grand plan. Few of them have been explored in the campaign.
Just like each army had a history and the slann had objectives before, with the exception that now there's no more city around the army

>What I meant more personality is that GW is now open to have them be actual characters who interact and speak for themselves
You jump from setting the focus on expressed potential disregarding the unexpressed one of the old lizards to give importance to still unexplored possibilities

The seras have practically nothing exclusive to them compared to the old lizards, the only real differences are the temple cities and being materialized dreams
I find it extremely arguable to say that the seras "have personality and emotions more than ever before" with the lack of the former and presence of the latter

If we're arguing about expressed potential only, then it's undeniable that AoS is more versed in this regard, but your dudes are built on unexpressed potential too

Carnac, stop being so insufferable
>>
when do the warscroll pdf's for models go up?
>>
>>46397007
GW's site? Most models have their individual warscrolls listed on their page, and the older faction pdfs are found under the black library stuff.
>>
>>46397191
i know that part, but when trying to look at the warscrolls for the order stuff it goes url not found. so i was wondering if they went up at a certain time of day or something.
>>
>>46397218
Need to wait until Saturday, I guess.
>>
>>46396827
>Carnac, stop being so insufferable

No, anon, you are being insufferable here.

>Just like each army had a history and the slann had objectives before, with the exception that now there's no more city around the army

Irrelevant.

Now each Slaan and Seras warhost belongs to Constellation. So that's one failed compliant on your part.

You can still have your own dudes with no difficulty.

>I find it extremely arguable to say that the seras "have personality and emotions more than ever before" with the lack of the former and presence of the latter
>The seras have practically nothing exclusive to them compared to the old lizards, the only real differences are the temple cities and being materialized dreams

Dude, I just pointed to you to where you can read about Seras personality and emotions ( Skavens Pestlins). I venture to say that Lizardmen in past did not even have the possibility to have their emotions or personality. It was not even a consideration. Outside the Slaan and the random skink, they were impersonal and robotic.

The Seras from the novel and BT are the opposite.

If you disagree, then read the "Skaven Pestlins" novel and present to me something from WHFB that is similar.

>If we're arguing about expressed potential only, then it's undeniable that AoS is more versed in this regard, but your dudes are built on unexpressed potential too

Except it isn't unexpressed potential. The potential manifested in the form of Seras PoV and actual character.

Before, the thought of Lizardmen bonding and having casual chitchat and roughhousing with other species/factions was unthinkable. It would have be scoffed at.

With the Seras? It actually happened. They are bro as hell or that particular Starhost is
>>
>>46397793
Brb buying that book, that sounds awesome to read and didn't know about the seraphon POV. Thnx
>>
>>46397840
The Skaven parts aren't bad either. An excerpt about an assassination attempt that failed and was plotted to be improved with more explosives, knives, possibly exploding knives, is what got me to get it.
>>
>>46397880
>An excerpt about an assassination attempt that failed and was plotted to be improved with more explosives, knives, possibly exploding knives,

This sounds extremely good. Might even get it.
>>
>>46397880
The part that got me rolling in laughter was the part where the Verminlord was flabbergasted at seeing an honest Skaven (Wonder of wonders!)
>>
File: 60040299051_GodbeastsENG03.jpg (161 KB, 920x950) Image search: [Google]
60040299051_GodbeastsENG03.jpg
161 KB, 920x950
Lol
>>
File: image.gif (20 KB, 128x128) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
20 KB, 128x128
>>46398078
>Butcher
We Diablo now?
>>
File: Klaus_Barbie_September_1930.png (95 KB, 286x273) Image search: [Google]
Klaus_Barbie_September_1930.png
95 KB, 286x273
>>46398176
Yes, butchers are exclusive to Diablo, everyone knows that. Try to keep up, Sherman.
>>
>>46398078
An entire Stormhost....made from a single big family?

Implications it raises. Can Stormcast breed?
>>
>>46398442
No just a chamber of a Stormhost.
>>
>>46398442
No, they can't. But they are a royal family so I wouldn't be surprised if all of their parents are also their aunts or uncles.
>>
>>46398078
>>46398442
>An entire Stormhost....made from a single big family?
Oh man, this opens up all sorts of doors for what exactly one can do to have a Chamber or Stormhost made up of.
What I'm more curious about is weather or not these guys are still ruling their land, can Stormcast do that, rule a kingdom or something like that? I read somewhere that they can't return to Azyrhiem with out a realmgate to help, so does that mean that the Stormcast chill in the Mortal realms by building their own fortresses or something?
>>
>>46399000
Their battletome says Stormcast that aren't in Azyrheim are either in battle or en route to the next one, but it's not unthinkable to have them stick around for a while if they're meant to defend a place (though that usually falls to the Freeguild and the other Azyrheim auxilias). Depending on the stormhost I could even see them grab some tools and help out in the place.
But actually ruling a place? Probably not.
>>
>>46399136
The Astral Templars in the new audiobook set up a small outpost in the jungle city of Cartha.
>>
>>46399136
They'd probably stick around for a few weeks or months to make sure defenses get made though
>>
Holy Fuck!
>>
>>46400713
Jeez man, someone had an all nighter painting these Stormcast.
You ever think it's possible to collect as many models as this?
>>
>>46400713
Jesus, look at all the Black Templars
>>
>>46400713
>tfw GW takes your colour scheme
>>
>>46400817

I counted 357 models. I've seen much bigger collections of models. Stormcast Eternals though, that's probably the biggest amount ever seen. Judging by GW's sale numbers most people didn't get any Stormcasts outside the starter box :^)
>>
>>46401062
Well, yeah. But are all those huge collections painted?
>>
>>46401062
>357 models
Youre right man, when considering the prices, theres not even a point to dreaming about having an army this large.
>>
>>46400713
Prosecutors are so cool. The way they give the illusion that they're flying is neat, but when the rest of the base is hidden by other models/smoke effects they really click.
>>
>>46400713
>inb4 it has been photoshopped

Anyway, i tried to read warstorm. I tried really hard. But i can't go on, its probably the worst fantasy novella I ever tried to read-it at a 12y old fanfiction. the writing is just so atrocious, i managed to go at the second part of it but that's my limit.

Question is: doesn anything relevant happen? can someone highlight the important moments or redirect me to a sum of it?
Srsly, I just cant keep reading that piece of shit. hopefully Ghal Maraz is better.
>>
>>46389260
Is it just me or is this really underwhelming compared to literally every other new formation?
>>
>>46402845
Double movement can literally change the tides of battle in a lot of battleplans, also double charge chance its pretty sweet.
Its not bad after all.
>>
>>46403093
It's once per game, has a chance to fail, and Dragon Princes didn't really have trouble getting there in the first place. I could sort of see it alongside a cavalry-heavy list, devoted entirely to getting there quickly, but otherwise it just feels like an easy way to strand yourself. It can get work done, no question, and it's better than nothing, but it's certainly not on the level of "Pile in and attack twice" or "Have an extra shooting phase"
>>
>>46403146
Double movement works every time. Its biggets flaw is the "once per game", but anyway you can do all sort of crazy shaenigans with it, like ninja objectives at last turn,disengage freely with engaged units in order to change target(absolutely a blast against defensive armies), etc.
Its usefulness is not clear at first sight like a "attack twice" but it can literally be a game changer imho.
>>
While I'm thinking about it, does anyone know the new Dragonlord's command ability? If they shoved him and the Dragon Princes of Caledor into their own faction, there's no way his command ability is still "Three command abilities from in your faction"
>>46403281
Can you disengage and still charge using it? I thought disengaging ("Fleeing" for non-Aelf folk) stopped you from making charge moves at all.
>>
>>46403310
Well, its tricky, because it is a movement triggered by a special effect, so it may not be affected by disengage rules. But it also says" like it was your movement phase"so...i guess we should ask to Fb page.
If it maes you disengage freely-its literally broken. Otherwise its just "good enough", since it gives you double mobility for flank attacks and objective run anyway.
>>
>>46403474
>i guess we should ask to Fb page.
Once you find out, please report back.
>>
Can you have more than one banner dude per regiment? the rules are ambiguious and seem to suggest you can
>>
>>46403310
>While I'm thinking about it, does anyone know the new Dragonlord's command ability? If they shoved him and the Dragon Princes of Caledor into their own faction, there's no way his command ability is still "Three command abilities from in your faction"
The new one is "Ordo Draconis re-roll to wound if they're within 10" of you when they roll". This includes the Dragonlord.
>>
So, I wanna know, why do you anons play AoS? This isnt bait, I have a Serabro army going, but I just wanted to know the details of why you chose to start or stick with AoS?
>inb4 starving trolls take advantage of this to throw shit.
>>
>>46405724
Game actually works. Its a different wargame than WHFb-and that does not include only the rules, but the whole spirit of the game.
Its like '90 warhammer again: you do not focus on winning, but on having a good experience with your carefully assembled and painted warband.
Thats even more evident by the fact that the game revolves around battleplans and its RAW fielding system is imho the best way to play it. Its a lot less broken than it may seem at a first glance, and a lot of battleplans revolves on one faction having(or needing)an advantage on the other. So far I never had a game when I got steamrolled(thing that happens costantly with 40k and whfb), I won games where i tought I was going to lose and lost games I tought I was going to win. Having win conditions that don't rely on mere death count and gives a chance to win even when the odds are against you is an AMAZING thing that justifies your 2h per game you are spending on the table.

Its not like 40k where, for example, you can see usually at the end of the second(or some time at the end of the first)turn if you are going to win or lose.

regardless what whfb guys thinks this is also a game that encourages Your Dudes. Every battleplan has a little story- a specific objective, with fluffy rules and victory condition, not simply "camp these point in the map to score victory points". It also encourages to have custom(or Gw licensed)rules for scenery and battlefields.

And overall-ITS FUN.
It really is, and using different battlepans changes completely every game you play, forcing completely different approachs and tactics even when playing against the same player with the same army.

i see a LOT of people in my lgs playing like they played whfb;(bad)comp system, 40k missions and nothing else, and i can understand it because they came from a different game, but its the wrong approach and if you are looking for a subtitute for whfb then you might want to go to KOW.
>>
>>46403146
Yes, but it opens up oppurntunities. Not only does it allow for double movement, it allows for a unit to retreat, and then also charge another unit, or the same unit, due to the fact that Dragonblades are devastating on the charge.
>>
>>46406401
>it allows for a unit to retreat, and then also charge another unit
How? You move as though in the movement phase, and if you retreated in the movement phase, you cannot make charge moves.
>>
>>46404699
No, only one banner and instrument per unit.
>>
>>46406426
That is charging later that turn. According to the formation, a unit has to roll a 4+ and then presumably anything but double 1's to charge back into the unit they were engaged in. I'm specifically looking at the part which says if there are any enemy models within 12".
>>
>>46406486
That doesn't work still, since you can't charge at all if you retreated in the movement pahse - and that's definitely charging at all.
>>
>>46387777
Does anyone have this pic without the text?
>>
>>46406486
>>46406507
I asked the Fb page because its tricky-because the wording says "like you would do in X Phase", so unsure if the penalties applies-because its still a movement or if they don't because its not a regular movement/charge but its triggered by a special skill.
>>
What kind of armies do you guys have going on?
>>
>>46406662
Currently working on combining Stormcast and High Aelves into Teclis' Honour Guard, but with the new formation I may try going Full Dragon for a while.
>>
>>46406359
I feel the same about the your dudes and the fact that its a bit easier going. Im new to tabletop and despite everyone saying that AoS is shit, I guess I figured that since GW is pushing it intensely it must be worth it to them so why not? At beast Ill have a fun hobby to play and if not I'd finally have a miniature army because Ive always loved Warhammer anything since my mum got me a used copy of Malus Darkblade: Lord of Ruin years ago.
>>
>>46406713
Nice, I got a Seraphon army and Im currently tearing my hair out deciding on a colour scheme for my Carnosaur. I know I want blue to be a prominent color but it just isnt coming to me. I figured I'd take a break before I end up having to strip off the paint and start over.
>>
>>46406662
A Nurgle warband, im going to put a bit of all races converted(with patiente and green stuff)to our fav Papa. Right now-other than regular nurgle models like pestilence, blightkings and demons-I have a unit of Plague Orcs, a Plague Orc Shaman and Plague Lord. As soon as im finished with them(only a few demons and pestilence are actually painted)im gonna convert an Arackanok spider to Nurgle.

>>46406801
I remember darkblade. It was pretty nice even if the open ending in the first book made me rage hard.
right now my only thing with Aos are the player-most of them in my area try to play it like they played fantasy at it kills most of the fun away-no more tactics or fluff or "forge your narrative" shit or "wtf" moments, just tryin to kill most things and list tailoring all over again. It makes no sense.
If the fucking game rules say you have toi play in a certain way, and playing "your" way simply doesn't work, why you keep doing it and then ranting about it? its like takling chess, playing it rolling dices to see if every piece becomes a queen every time they move, changing the victory condition to kill points and the rambling because it does not work.

>>46406846
with lizardmen it works great to look at photos of real animal, expecially esotic ones with bright colours. it gives a lot of ideas to paint them.
>>
File: 20160401_234514.jpg (4 MB, 4160x2340) Image search: [Google]
20160401_234514.jpg
4 MB, 4160x2340
I posted the other day about ordering a whole bunch of Seraphon with my tax rebate. I've got the first batch painted, just gotta finish the bases.

Going to post some photos of them. So far it's 21 Saurus Warriors and 1 Saurus Knight, but I have a Carnosaur/Oldblood, 4 more Knights, and a Bastiladon in various stages of painting.
>>
File: 20160401_234458.jpg (4 MB, 4160x2340) Image search: [Google]
20160401_234458.jpg
4 MB, 4160x2340
Anyone have suggestions on how to do the bases?
>>
File: 20160401_234119.jpg (3 MB, 4160x2340) Image search: [Google]
20160401_234119.jpg
3 MB, 4160x2340
>>
>>46406926
Goddamit this is some awful writing. Forgive me, i'm working from 10 hours and it's 6 am.

>>46407027
I love to see a lot of plants in seraphon bases. After the usual flock-usually green-buy some fake plants from aquarium shops. they are super cheap and you find cool stuff to base your models.
>>
>>46406926
I'd play with you if I was able to. Im still learning the ins and outs and the only gaming store(if you could call it that) is the nearest GW store. The appeal to me is all about the narrative. Like i said, ive been a long time Warhammer fan, so while I was sad to see Fantasy go, I was happy that GW allowed me to at least say I was apart of something that made me happy.
>>46406991
>>46407048
Snap son and Ive been sitting on my bum over a single carnosaur.
>>
>>46406926
Also, I want to follow along the lines of the San luis potosi kingsnake, but switch out the colours a bit. I do want blue to be the main color, and Ive been following the rescource painting guide for lizardmen so im not slapping a paint brush all over my model.
>>
>>46407080
The best way to play is to take a battleplan that fits the two armies(or which simply you feel like itd be the best) and play it.
i usually go with the "i field one unit and you field another one"and unless my opponents a dick it works well enough. of course if my opponent is fielding nagash i usually ask for puttinng into the game a lot more shit, or to use some sort of "last defence"objective.
>>
>>46400713
Gw have been know to duplicate minis with photoshop and other shenanigans for these mass shots. Don't get too excited
>>
>>46389901
VC don't have fatigue - they have "Animation" and "Binding"

Keep up, buddy
>>
>>46404699
RAW, you can.

>>46406428
False.
>>
>>46407200
Well, I confess, Ive yet to actually play a match. Also, no, this isnt pasta, but my girlfriend and I have gotten into AoS. We wanted something to play against each other that isnt a crazy hard to learn board game, or one of many videogames. So, I dont know firsthand how battleplans work or know what you said about fielding units. I know you both kinda have to talk it out about what you both will use to play with, so that one person isnt rekt'd immediatley.
>>
>>46407297
Battleplans are basically missions when two forces clash with different objectives.
Usually they involve one attacker and one defender-for example, one army must storm into the enemy field or conquer a specific piece of scenery while the other must stall and/or defend the said piece of scenery.
Most battleplans also gives commander an extra command ability.
Also, most battleplans have a slighty different way of fielding units: players take turns fielding units, and usually the first one that stops gets a slight advantage. there are even some battleplans that asks one faction to be bigger than the opponent's.
battleplans are pretty fluffy, and each of them asks you to play a different strategy-often fighting asap or going for the kill won't help you and will make you lose.
this game also is not 40k-so far I have both won and lost, but never "got rekt", a thing that happens every fucking time on me or my opponent whenever play 40k.
thats because you get victory conditions who don't rely on killing alone.
Mind me-you will fight, a lot, but you will have to ponder accuarately what and when to fight.

you can find the battleplans in the pastebin, i think there's a file called "big book rules" whic contains almost every battleplan that came out so far.
Sometimes you will lose for a single die roll, or your perfectly planned tactics will be crushed by some fluffy effect, but its fun, makes room for a lot of "wtf" and "come on!" moment but imho it never gets frustating, it allows you to play until the last turn and its fun.
Not always the best general will be rewarded an not always you will play fair games-don't expect comps to make things better, imho they break the game in horrible ways, expecially wound count-my 2 cent on Aos is: find some rookie like you for the first games, and when playing against strangers pray to god(and make sure before fielding)that they are not That Guy. if they starts by fielding nagash asking for wound count, bail.
>>
>>46407541
You have been probably the most helpful person since I decided to follow these generals. Oh k, I think I get it. Because I watch these battle reports and it seems all they do is field armies and wail on each other. I like that though, the battleplans being missions. I guess thats part of the narrative bit yeah?
>>
>>46406359
Unfortunately I haven't had the same experience re: getting steamrolled.

Every game bar the couple I played with a comp system has resulted in one player overestimating the power of the opponent's units and putting too much stuff down.

The game works once you have an understanding of what units can do - but before you learn that it's rough going. A comp system is basically someone else doing the work for you and giving you a rough guide to what units are worth.
>>
>>46406662
Great Moonclan

I still need to get a mangler squig, some fanatics, and Skarsnik, but other than that it's good to go
>>
>>46407696
I was wondering about that. For AoS, when do you know that your army is big enough, or rather, suitable to handle both your favored playstyles and to diversify when faced with something different?
>>
File: 064.jpg (1 MB, 1536x2000) Image search: [Google]
064.jpg
1 MB, 1536x2000
>>46406528
You love Archaon senpai, right?

>It is April 2nd
>>
>>46407751
I can see Archaon being that big brother that is always mean to you, but is actually trying to toughen you up with hard love, cause he knows no other way to live.
>>
>>46407614
Thanks. I started posting only recently because before these threads were too soaked with shitposting.
They still are, but a lot less than in the past.
I don't usually watch reports on Aos-they play only with kill points and imho the game, that way, simply doesn't work.

I tried it in my first aos games because everyone was doing it and it simply doesn't work. the two armies clash in the middle of the board and nothing else happens.
As for battleplans they are literally the way the game is meant to be played-you can either play them to "forge your narrative blah blah blah" or simply to enjoy a good game without chit chats or shit.

>>46407681
What mission you played? If you played kill points then yes. Otherwise most mission work pretty good even when there's a disparity between armies because they don't rely on killing alone.
>>
>>46407747
It comes with experience, you can read the warscrolls but since a great deal of the game involves synergy that doesn't always give you a complete picture.

It's why I recommend some kind of balance system, at least at first. You can still play the game 100% as intended in terms of battleplans and deployment, the system just means your forces will be roughly equal.

The keyword there is 'roughly', once again due to the synergistic nature of most units no balancing system will ever get it perfect, but it doesn't have to. AoS doesn't need perfectly balanced armies to be fun, but using something like Scroll Builder is super quick and it avoids the whole "get facerolled because you lowballed the enemy" thing.
>>
>>46407834
>>46407894
I see. Ill have to keep all this in mind as I expand my army and play people. I have Kroak on the way, and Im thinking of getting some skinks and a bastildon next.
Another question, this time fluffwise.
In fantasy, Kroak was the first Slann, thus the most powerful. When he died, he still retained his power but being dead kinda hampered his capabilities. Now that we are in AoS, it says that a lesser slann is now the most powerful and long living slann.( that purple white one.) I laso noticed that Kroak was still in the faction, but hardly talked about. If Seraphon ever get an update or fluff pieces or etc, do you think they'll give focus on characters or background? Thye certainly made it openended for potential storytelling.
>>
>>46407834
We've played a few missions, from memory there was one that required killing an enemy character (and then the lieutenant), another that was an ambush involving one army being surrounded by another, and one wherein the player with the model closest to a terrain feature in the middle of the board won at the end of turn 6 I think.

We definitely weren't playing kill points, AoS isn't for that, and its refreshing to not just play Pitched Battle (or equivalent) every time.

It's just that when you don't know how powerful units are (because you haven't experienced those particular units yet) you don't know what a fair counter-placement unit would be.

Case in point: I was playing against my friend's vampire counts, I needed to kill his vampire lord and then his wight king. I put down a hellcannon. The game was over in 2 turns, one turn to do 2d6 mortal wounds to the vamp, another turn to do the same to the wight. That just wasn't fun for anyone. Had we used some sort of comp system, we'd know that a hellcannon is usually priced around the same level as the strongest monsters or large elite units. Had my opponent known that he probably would've put down a more durable leader and/or put down aggressive fast units to kill the cannon ASAP.

A similar thing happened with the Ambush - I was the ambusher as Sylvaneth and he was the ambushee with Empire. I put down the units I had, he put down a force roughly double the points (though we didn't know at the time - because I hadn't experienced his army and he hadn't experienced mine). My entire force was wiped by turn three due to a combination of mortal wounds from a War Altar and a Hurricanum, and I did little damage in return.
>>
>>46408001
Sorry I got a bit muddled, I thought you were asking about this >>46407681

Re: when do you know your army is big enough, obviously there's no upper limit.

It's why I really like the warscroll battalions, since they give you a nice self-contained force to build towards. Sure the unit sizes aren't defined, but it's a good framework nonetheless.

But this is another reason why a balancing mechanic helps a lot, in the battle with my Sylvaneth I describe here: >>46408022
I brought the Guardians of the Deepwood formation, that was all I had to play with. I couldn't respond to my opponent's placement because I had already hit my limit. Had we used a comp system we would've known the forces were grossly outbalanced and we could've compensated.
>>
anyone with the new book yet? how did sisters of avelorn(now sisters of the watch) end up in wanderers?
>>
>>46408061
Oh no you still helped me. I havent played a true match yet with my dudes, only a rundown from forever ago at a gaming store. Ive been getting the different battletomes and rescources and scrolling thru them whenever I can, its just I didnt quite understand how those missions made it different from just killing your enemy army.
>>46408064
Now, i have seen anons with the Grand Alliance books, but arent able to produce scans which is frustrating.
>>
>>46408022
I see. Comp would have not helped you anyway, because helcannon would have killed your char anyway.
Its mostly a matter of strategy-and big kits. Big kits are usually worth a LOT. Same goes for named character, a single named character can wipe entire units and are almost unkillable. You must think differently.
i played a fan made mission when you had to control 3 objectives-my opponent had fucking dhurtu, the treeman. He as insame, 2d6 attacks dealing 3 damage each and had a 2+ save. He also had a shit tion of balistas and some dryads to get the objective.
Only decent unit was a unit of 5 of blighking.
You know it went? I won! He went asap for the kill instead of focusing on my characters(he had the combo where he could teleport dhurthu EVERYWHERE on the map), so I just blocked him with a unit of plaguebearers, while i hid my mage behind a building to avoid the fire from the balistas and kept summoning plaguebearers to annoy it.
He kept attacking instead of retreating(and then chase my heroes next turn)so i had the chance to go around and take the objectives.
he killed almost all my army, but he lacked strategy instinct and lost.

I amde the Bat rep for this fight a couple of threads ago. Im also the guy who did pic related.

But that was because i knew how units perform, and so I knew how to play against them.
So in the end it usually isnt a matter of units: its a matter of experience.
(of course, if someone fields an archaon i field something equal or at least a unit of 50 fucking infantry so i can either tarpit him or take literally the entire battlefround by simply spreading them).
(still, the hellcannon is horribly OP).
>>
>>46397793
>I venture to say that Lizardmen in past did not even have the possibility to have their emotions or personality. It was not even a consideration. Outside the Slaan and the random skink, they were impersonal and robotic.
Let me get this straight, you are saying that in AoS the Lizardmen have more personality than ever before, but you don't even know their warhammer lore? How can you be this stupid?

They have ALWAYS had their individual personalities, and there have always been lizardmen POVs around.

Kroxigors, saurus, skins and slann have always featured in those stories. Furthermore, there is nothing in the old fluff saying that they are robotic. They are just cold blooded and thus slow to react to some things, but they've always had their individual personalities.

Go read some WHF fluff before doing such assertions.

Seeing as you are drinking happily the AoS koolaid, could you tell me what happens when the dreamed lizardmen are killed in battle?

>Before, the thought of Lizardmen bonding and having casual chitchat and roughhousing with other species/factions was unthinkable. It would have be scoffed at.

>With the Seras? It actually happened. They are bro as hell
How is that good? An Ogre has always had the possibility of casual chit chat with an imperial or bretonnian, and these with an elf. But one of the things that set the Lizardmen apart was that they were a mysterious faction with arcane goals, and never bothered to communicate beyond the minimum needed with other races.

This isn't bad, this is part of their personality. The need not be "bro as hell", they are (were) the servants of the Old Ones.
Another thing is that you want to have 4 dinosaurs along three dragons and Nagash on the table, or want to think of your lizardmen like imperial guardsmen in the trenches bonding and shit, which just doesn't fit them.
>>
>>46406359
>you do not focus on winning, but on having a good experience with your carefully assembled and painted warband.
It's what I've been doing with my army for the past 10 years. I guess nobody told me it was forbidden to do so.

>Having win conditions that don't rely on mere death count and gives a chance to win even when the odds are against you
Have you even bothered to look past the deathmatch games in the fantasy rulebook? Have you ever opened a White Dwarf pre 2010? Nothing you've said is new.

>It also encourages to have custom(or Gw licensed)rules for scenery and battlefields.
The fantasy rulebook has had a section recommending this for as long as I can remember, not to mention the many WD articles about it.

>>46406428
If we adhere to the rules, there's nothing stopping you.

>>46407541
>thats because you get victory conditions who don't rely on killing alone.
40k has missions like those. Seriously, what's with you guys? There's plenty of people complaining about Fantasy/40k and you haven't even read carefully the basic rulebook.
>>
>>46409145
>in the end it usually isnt a matter of units: its a matter of experience

But that's the thing - experience comes from playing games and learning what units can do, which takes time and repeatedly losing can turn people off the game, so they might not stick with it.

OR you could just refer to a pre-built system in which other people have already spent a lot of time and effort costing units, essentially doing that work for you, and get into the good part of the game right away.

Also, re: hellcannon, sure it might not have made a difference, but we don't know for certain - had we seen that it cost such a large amount, we might have prepared differently.

>fan made mission
All that proves is that you can win if you play to the mission - evidently the difference in power wasn't as great as you thought it was since you had the ability to spam-summon Plaguebearers. I shouldn't have to point out just how useful summoning new units is in a battle for objectives.
>>
>>46409145
>if someone fields an archaon i field something equal

Firstly, how do you know what 'something equal' is before you've played against Archaon? You can eyeball it, but that's likely to lead to either not putting enough down or putting too much

Secondly, what happens if your collection doesn't contain 'something equal' to Archaon? How do you explain to your opponent that you don't want them to use that big, expensive model they've been working on?

It's much easier to say "hey, according to this app I spent 2 minutes using, Archaon is worth X, is it okay if you don't use him since I don't have enough to equal X", rather than to play the battle and get BTFO'd.
>>
>>46409268
>They have ALWAYS had their individual personalities, and there have always been lizardmen POVs around.

I did read WHFB lore. They might have been rarely hinted to have individual personalities but that is just for the Slann and the rare Skinks. The rest of the Lizardmen are robotic and soulless.

Also you did not answer my question. I demanded you read "Skaven Peslins" and provide a source that is similar from WHFB. You seem to have failed that.

>Seeing as you are drinking happily the AoS koolaid, could you tell me what happens when the dreamed lizardmen are killed in battle?

Their essences are sent back to High Azyr to reform. (Source Battletome Everchosen/Battle Tome Seras).

If you don't know the basics, then quit it.

>How is that good?

Shows the diversity of personality of the Seras.

They can be the silent one-note anti-Chaos robots that you like, or they can be characterful bros who high five their Stormcast allies while smashing Chaos scum.

You got more options for making your dudes.
>>
>>46409742
You demanded nothing of me since I'm not that anon.

>They might have been rarely hinted to have individual personalities but that is just for the Slann and the rare Skinks. The rest of the Lizardmen are robotic and soulless.
>I did read WHFB lore.
Choose one. I wonder what lore you read since there's saurus and kroxis povs around. And nowehere, absolutely nowhere it is said that they are robotic and soulless. Stop making shit up.

>Skaven Pestlins
It's the second time you write it wrong so I can only assume that you don't even know how to write Pestilens. So much for knowing the lore.

>Their essences are sent back to High Azyr to reform. (Source Battletome Everchosen/Battle Tome Seras).
So do they lose anything when dying? What are the stakes for them? Is it just "respawn lol"?

>If you don't know the basics, then quit it.
I'm asking because I obviously skimmed through the new lore till could no longer take it. That's why I ask.

Unlike you, who clearly doesn't know shit from the old warhammer lore and keeps spouting nonsense such as this:

>Shows the diversity of personality of the Seras.
They already had diversity in the old lore. However you'd have had to read it to know it.

>They can be the silent one-note anti-Chaos robots that you like, or they can be characterful bros who high five their Stormcast allies while smashing Chaos scum.
This makes as much sense as wanting a lizardmen army that is into ballet and cricket.
>>
>>46409830
Then I expect you if you going to take his place in the argument is to do what you are told.

>Choose one. I wonder what lore you read since there's saurus and kroxis povs around. And nowehere, absolutely nowhere it is said that they are robotic and soulless. Stop making shit up.

That's how they are presented in the old lore. Now present me with something that's on the level of the Skaven Pestlins novel. You can't.

>So much for knowing the lore.

Focusing on typos? Really? You are precious.

>So do they lose anything when dying?

Nope.

They don't suffer the degradation of the Stormcast since they are immortal "daemons". Don't try to derail this in the "HURP NO STAKES" stupid argument.

>I'm asking because I obviously skimmed through the new lore till could no longer take it. That's why I ask.

Then what's you issue? Why are you here? Are you debating that you can't have your dudes or give them personality in AoS? That's clearly wrong.

>They already had diversity in the old lore. However you'd have had to read it to know it.

Different variations of one-note Chaos killing machines No meaningful difference.

>This makes as much sense as wanting a lizardmen army that is into ballet and cricket.

If you don't like it, make your Seras into something else. Make them as the same old boring lizardmen of the world-that-was. The fluff coves that and adds on to that.

Why are you so entitled that you want all Lizardmen to be the type you like? Stop it.
>>
>>46409830
The slann pay the cost when the others die -
>Even so, each death was like a thorn in Kurkori’s flesh, a persistent pain which never dimmed.
Pestilens, chapter 5.
>>
>>46409830
Not the other guy, but having played Lizardmen through three editions the basic foot soldiers never seemed to get any personality at all.

That was saved for slann, skink priests, and the occasional high-ranking saurus veteran (eg. Kroq-Gar, Gor-Rok, Chakax to a limited extent).

So yeah, not necessarily doubting your assertion but if you want to make it you should bring some evidence, like a passage from a recent (not AoS) novel that shows the basic lizardmen have substantial personality.
>>
>‘You are made of light,’ the skink chirped, as it circled the Lord-Relictor. ‘Storm-light, sun-light, ghost-light…’

>‘But not star-light,’ Seker said. The Gravewalker had been talking with the little seraphon since they had begun their march towards the Dorsal Barbicans, trying to learn all he could about their strange allies. Or perhaps it was the other way around, Zephacleas mused. ‘Not like you,’ the Lord-Relictor continued.

>‘Same, but different, yes? Yes,’ the skink said, head cocked. ‘You are a different type of dream, I think.’ The creature glanced back towards the hovering bulk of its master. ‘Yes, a different dream,’ the lizard-man said, more firmly.

>‘I’m solid enough,’ Zephacleas said. He pounded his fist against his chest-plate.

>‘Hrr,’ the big seraphon called Sutok grunted throatily. One claw swatted Zephacleas in the back, nearly knocking him from his feet. The ‘Sunblood’, as the skink called him, was impossibly strong – Zephacleas counted himself among the strongest of the Astral Templars, but he knew that the seraphon could tear him limb from limb without much effort.

>‘Sutok agrees,’ Takatakk chirped. ‘He likes you.’

>‘Does he?’ Zephacleas said, regaining his balance. ‘How can you tell?’

>‘He has not eaten you,’ the skink said.

>‘Luckily for the both of them,’ the Lord-Relictor said. Zephacleas glanced at Seker, but, as ever, the Lord-Relictor’s skull-faced helm gave no hint as to what the man beneath might be thinking. He looked back at the Sunblood. The creature gave a chortling grunt and slammed his war-mace against his shield.

Look at how cute they are together.
>>
>>46409933
>That's how they are presented in the old lore.
They are fucking not presented in this way. Seriously, stop making shit up. Just grab any of the old LM army books. Jesus.

>They don't suffer the degradation of the Stormcast since they are immortal "daemons". Don't try to derail this in the "HURP NO STAKES" stupid argument.
Why? Seriously, what do you care if they die then? This setting seems full of people who die to come back. Everybody has a second, third and ninetysixth chance.

>Then what's you issue? Why are you here? Are you debating that you can't have your dudes or give them personality in AoS? This isn't derailing, I need to know why my guys dying matters.
I'm asking to see if the new fluff has in any way improved since I last checked it, because I'm not about to waste time in the same shit.

I'm contesting your notion that you couldn't do that in Fantasy. I don't know about AoS positives, but I do know that a lot of the "new" possibilities that people celebrate have always been there. Lizardmen could always be your dudes, there have always been games not centered in killing the other army, there have been rules aplenty for three(and more)way battles, and you have always had the possibility of throwing the rules to the wind and choose an army made of 6 heroes (like in MANY articles in White Dwarf).

>Different variations of one-note Chaos killing machines No meaningful difference.
Again, read their fucking army books. You seem to not have read anything pre AoS about them.

>Why are you so entitled that you want all Lizardmen to be the type you like? Stop it.
Because if everyone can be buddies, and can be slavers, and a troupe of dancers, and ancestral guardians, then everybody is the same and only the appearance changes.

>>46409947
So the slann suffer a bit when the lizardmen die? Shit, so much for the stakes.

Seriously, this game seems made so that nobody has to imagine their hero dying or being maimed in battle. They have respawn.
>>
>>46410023
Probably the best AoS book so far. What is it with the Tales of The Age of Sigmar series and being good?
>>
>>46409988
Just like we usually got to see the POV of a sigmarite priest, a regiment captain, a bretonnian knight (but not peasant), or a corsair lord.

The truly common soldier POVs in Warhammer have always been kept for the guy that is about to die (and often not even that, I've got 6e VC book on my lap and the POV follows an imperial captain (who obv dies)).
>>
>>46410048
>They are fucking not presented in this way. Seriously, stop making shit up. Just grab any of the old LM army books. Jesus.

I did. I found nothing characterful or attractive in the Lizardmen. They were robots.

>Why? Seriously, what do you care if they die then? This setting seems full of people who die to come back. Everybody has a second, third and ninetysixth chance.

I told you not to attempt to derail this. The Seras new forms are made, like the Stormcast, specifically to fight Chaos and its unending hordes of respawning daemons.

>'m asking to see if the new fluff has in any way improved since

Instead of asking read it. You don't have the tools to engage in this argument,

>I'm contesting your notion that you couldn't do that in Fantasy.

Did I contest it? No. I was responding to two jackasses who claimed that you can't make your dudes in AoS. This is the issue of people who jump into arguments without reading the post chain.

>have always been there

Except of the possibility of Lizards broing it up woth fellow anti-Chaos dudes. Because the notion of Lizardmen being anything other than uncaring and silent army that just bashes Chaos and leaves, like I said. was unthinkable in the old lore.

>Again, read their fucking army books.

I did.

Point me to that lore exactly. What page are you talking about?

>Because if everyone can be buddies, and can be slavers, and a troupe of dancers, and ancestral guardians, then everybody is the same and only the appearance changes.

Stop being silly.

You won't get slaver Lizardmen or dancing lizardmen (probably).

You have the options of fluffing them as creatures of clear character and emotions who see the value of unity with others, or presenting them as monotone Chaos destroyers who give no crap about anything but their mission.
>>
>>46410048
>Seriously, this game seems made so that nobody has to imagine their hero dying or being maimed in battle. They have respawn.

Archaon perma-killed a few Stormcast Eternals. You can see their masks on Drogthar. Kul also perma-killed a Stormcast.

Also, IIRC, Archaon killed a starhost of Seras and used their essences to create a mirror cage to trap one of the Godbeasts.
>>
>>46410082
>The truly common soldier POVs in Warhammer have always been kept for the guy that is about to die

I disagree.

In the novels the peasant PoV are regularly shown.

Archaon's mother and nursemaid Povs were shown, for example.
>>
>>46407027
Yeah, man, looking sharp there, how about some orange/yellow leaves/rocks/grass tufts to complement the blues??

>>46406662
I have a mixed Order force:
StormCast Eternal Retributors
FyreSlayer Hearthguard Berzerkers
buncha Duardin
ton of FreeGuard (my 8th Ed. Empire army, square bases)

but my newest army (on rounds) is:
-Black Orcs (they get work done in CC)
-Savage Orcs w/ bows/choppas/big stabbas)
-buncha Orc Boyz/Arrer Boyz
-boar boyz (plastic kit prolly my fav)
-some Night Goblins
All their formations a worth a shot, I recommend units of 20+ if there's a size bonus

Have people tried any Battleplans from Balance of Power?

Reminder: good podcasts & their UK Grand Tournament comp.:
http://heelanhammer.com/scgt/
http://www.facehammer.co.uk/
>>
>>46410152
>I found nothing characterful or attractive in the Lizardmen. They were robots.
No, they were cold blooded guardians, with their own personalities. If you wanted them to be all bros lead by the Archbishop of Banterbury, then it's your problem (same as mine if I wanted an army of flying Ogres)

>You won't get slaver Lizardmen or dancing lizardmen (probably).
Why the fuck not? They can be all bros but can't be salsa dancers? How is the latter any bigger a departure from previous fluff than the former?

>
I told you not to attempt to derail this. The Seras new forms are made, like the Stormcast, specifically to fight Chaos and its unending hordes of respawning daemons.
It's not an attempt at anything. I want to know why should I care about my general being eaten by a giant. If he's gonna come back all fine and dandy then what's the point?
>>
>>46410176
So Archaon is the only guy who permakills anyone? And Sigmar converts them?

>>46410183
Read only a few WHFB novels, and since the writing wasn't much better than the current AoS one I never bothered to continue.
I'm talking about the lore that most people know, that of army books, White Dwarf and campaigns. Few people go beyond this.
>>
>>46410214
>with their own personalities.

Which either didn't show or was lacking.

>If you wanted them to be all bros lead by the Archbishop of Banterbury, then it's your problem

Yep.

That's why I preferred the Elves and Skaven over them because they were blazing with personality.

>Why the fuck not?

Does salsa dancing help in any way in the fight against Chaos? It is part of the Slaan's plan ageless plan? Doubtful but if you think it is go ahead,

>I want to know why should I care about my general being eaten by a giant. If he's gonna come back all fine and dandy then what's the point?

Try asking a daemon or undead player that.

Anyways, If you don't like that aspect of the army why don't you do like I did when I realized that the Lizardmen did not suit my needs as an army?

Find another army. Orruks&Grots, Ogors, Fyreslayers, Free guild, Aelves, Duadrin, Skaven, Chaos Warriors. Look at all these armies with perma-death. Pick one.
>>
>>46410232
>So Archaon is the only guy who permakills anyone?

Anyone with a magical/daemonic weapon can theoretically perma-kill anything. Higher Daemons too.

You just need to claim or destroy their essences/souls before they flee.

>Few people go beyond this.

Shame on them because most of the character development happens in the novels.
>>
>>46410273
>Which either didn't show or was lacking.
Prove it. You are the one claiming they were robots, the burden of proof belongs to you.

>Does salsa dancing help in any way in the fight against Chaos? It is part of the Slaan's plan ageless plan?
How does being bros help against Chaos? Lizardmen worked with the elves in Fantasy without needing to be bros.

>If you don't like that aspect of the army why don't you do like I did when I realized that the Lizardmen did not suit my needs as an army?
Because I've got 2k worth of lizardmen with whom I've had great fun in the past decade. I like my lizards and their dinosaurs. I'll keep playing WHF and 9th Age till they ever fix the AoS setting, if they ever do.

>>46410304
>Anyone with a magical/daemonic weapon can theoretically perma-kill anything. Higher Daemons too.
>You just need to claim or destroy their essences/souls before they flee.
So if my skink priest is run down by a group of ellyrian reavers (or whatever funky name they have now) it doesn't matter. Only if I go toe to toe with someone with a demonic weapon?

Doesn't this mean that warriors are better off committing suicide in the face of unsurmountable odds, since they respawn?
>>
>>46410273
Btw,
>Shame on them because most of the character development happens in the novels.
The writing in most of Games Workshop related novels is abysmal. Too often reads like a 15 y.o.'s power fantasy, or someone who learnt to write reading The Sun/Magic the Gathering cards.
End Times were absolutely shit level, and what little I've read from AoS isn't any better. 40k usually has its own level of terrible writing.

I really wish they got good writers and didn't demand them to shoehorn certain stuff.
>>
The only thing I will never forgive from End Times was the absolutely absurd way they resolved the Elves Civil War.

I can get behind Malekith being the true Phoenix King after all, just the fire being delayed.
But
a) Malekith being characterized as a good guy just hard done by is total retconning of the entire Dark Elves fluff. Druchii rape and skin for shits and giggles and Malekith was the worst of the bunch. I can't really sympathize his denial of destiny because he butchered his own people in a tantrum when he didn't get his way.

b) Why the fuck wouldn't the Elven Gods intervene to say "yes stop the thousand year fighting this guy is the real deal even though his actions immediately after this misunderstanding would prove that he is a selfish cunt who would drive Elves to extinction even faster.
>>
>>46409830
>So do they lose anything when dying?

I think that if an actual Slann dies, all his army will eventually perish because there is no more a Slann to summon that specific army.
But I'm probably wrong.
>>
>>46410383
>Prove it. You are the one claiming they were robots, the burden of proof belongs to you.

Can't prove a negative. I read the Lizardmen material and found them lacking of character apart from the rare skink and the Slann which made them feel robotic. It's up to you to find something from the old lore that shows that they weren't basically robots.

I don't have time to argue all day, I got work to do. Hopefully by the time I get back to the thread you would have provided some examples.

>How does being bros help against Chaos?

Because that particular constellation had an affinity to the Stormcast and saw the value of forging a bond with them. They are stronger standing side by side as battle bothers against Chaos than they are apart.

>Because I've got 2k worth of lizardmen with whom I've had great fun in the past decade. I like my lizards and their dinosaurs. I'll keep playing WHF and 9th Age till they ever fix the AoS setting, if they ever do.

Then enjoy playing playing whatever because AoS has the Seraphon now and they are obviously are not your thing.

>Doesn't this mean that warriors are better off committing suicide in the face of unsurmountable odds, since they respawn?

No, they are better off fighting to the last and doing as much damage they can before succumbing.

>it doesn't matter

It matters to the Skink who would feel guilty and ashamed at causing his Starmaster pain that would never go away by dying.
>>
>>46410490
>But I'm probably wrong.

You are.

In one event in the Seraphon BT, a Slaan died but his starhost continued fighting until the end.
>>
>>46410487
Can't let this go. Let this be my final post.

>Malekith being characterized as a good guy just hard done by is total retconning of the entire Dark Elves fluff.

They did not retcon him being a bad guy or anything about the Dark Elf lore. The End Times books and novels go out of their way to show that he is still an evil asshole. The exchange between Teclis and Malekith before he was cast into the flame and the ending scene in End Times Archaon, are good examples of this.

>Why the fuck wouldn't the Elven Gods intervene to say "yes stop the thousand year fighting this guy is the real deal even though his actions immediately after this misunderstanding would prove that he is a selfish cunt who would drive Elves to extinction even faster.

Answered in both End Times Khaine and its tie-in novel "Curse of Khaine".

People who complain about the End Times usually never read it.
>>
File: lorax.jpg (96 KB, 543x799) Image search: [Google]
lorax.jpg
96 KB, 543x799
>>46410538
>it was a test for elvenkind just as planned now we will all die to chaos

It was a fucking terrible explanation, the Chaos Gods have more logic in their plans than the Elven Gods
>>
>>46410273
>Ogors
>Orruks
>Aelves
>Duardin
>Freeguild

You're not even hiding the fact that you're a shill.
>>
File: 5df4v5bds4fg54f5h4gf54545.jpg (159 KB, 650x823) Image search: [Google]
5df4v5bds4fg54f5h4gf54545.jpg
159 KB, 650x823
>>46410577
I spotted the heretic, brothers.
Lets burn him!
>>
>>46410510
Yes, what I meant was that, after the Slann dies, that army can't be "resurrected" anymore, so on the long term they will be all killed.

I only wanted to be more clear about my previous sentence.
>>
>>46410494
>Can't prove a negative.
Of course you can, don't be stupid. If you say that they acted like robots, lacking character, provide examples of this.

>They are stronger standing side by side as battle bothers against Chaos than they are apart.
So just like the slann did with the HE during the creation of the vortex of magic in Ulthuan? Without needing to behave like bros?

>they are better off fighting to the last and doing as much damage they can before succumbing.
This is stupid. If they are gone forever when killed by a demonic weapon, it's a loss for their army. Stabbing themselves in the eye to respawn is much more cost effective.

>It matters to the Skink who would feel guilty and ashamed at causing his Starmaster pain that would never go away by dying.
Feels, the Game (TM)

>>46410611
>A mark of disgrace that will haunt them for years to come
It literally is Feels, the Game.
>>
File: TL.jpg (2 MB, 3070x1998) Image search: [Google]
TL.jpg
2 MB, 3070x1998
>>
>>46410494
>Can't prove a negative
That's because absence of proofs is no proof of absence

Even saurus were said to feel emotion, little but enough to make a difference with the sacred spawning of tlazcotl, lotl botl was particularly renown for despising his enemies not in a different way than the scar veteran in the pestilens story was diffident in the stormcast; mourn for the absence of the old ones felt by "ecplipse" was not impossible to have with the old lizardmen since we know even them and the kroxigors had personal rituals and venerations toward the lost gods.
In the older armybook all skink diplomats had something personal to write, be it surprise, curiosity or light insults towards "barbarians" like marco colombo; there was a story about a human and a skink that suffered a misterious and grim twist of fate because of their affinity towards the curiosity of the unseen; there was a story about a sacred spawning who went lenght to find the reason of his existance; there was a skink who ignored protocols and had a taste of the fallen enemies; in the 7th edition armybook there were examples of slann with eccentric personalities like the lord hermits, the lobomotizer of the city of mists and the infamous hua hua.

They were not robots, they were unexplored.

The real new thing about the clan pestilens part was the bond between the sunblood and that stormcast, but even then it was limited to not killing the stormcast and fighting side by side; there was nothing about being "bro".
>>
>>46410487
We've had the malekith discussion in every thread, but really anon, that was the only thing you won't forgive about end times?

Not the Mighty lords of Bretonnia and The empire getting Killed by second rate nurgle characters in the same battle? Or the entire Might of bretonnia charging into battle ultimately did nothing to change the outcome of the battle of altdorf? Or the southern human nations, the dwarfs and the Lizardmen getting BTFO by the skaven? Or Nagash being reduced to such a pathetic state that he has to ally with the heroes?
but heres one i haven't seen discussed.
Why would the skaven waste all of their resources on conquering pretty much every order nation in the setting except elves, when they knew that the chaos hordes were on their way? Wouldn't it have been smarter to support the forces of order, secretly,or possibly even assassinate Archaon himself like they did with Nagash all those centuries ago? If they considered Nagash a big enough threat that they pooled all their resources into stopping him, why didn't they do so with Archaon?
Take out Arhcaon, the chaos hordes collapse and raid the south and war with each other. Skaven wait around while this happens, making opportunistic assassinations and sabotage when possible. Both sides grind each other down but order wins. But they'll be in such a weakened state that they'll be easy pickings. much more in character for skaven then bending over to the big 4
>>
>>46410538
M8 his actions doomed the world by ducking up the vortex
>>
>>46387777
>female stormcast

My Prosecutors or however you spell it are all chicks. I just replaced the heads with 32mm female heads from status quo and trimmed the models waistline. Had to redo the belts again, but they look a lot more agile and feminine without having to resort to a boob-plate.
>>
I'm curious why the !"№;% did they use Archaon's image on cover again for a major story book?
>>
>>46410833
Endtimes was basically a nonstop masturbation session for chaos, mostly nurgle, and skaven player with a bit of vc at the start.

Every other faction got their shit kicked in. Incidentally those 3 factions were the only ones to get new toys, so there is that.
>>
>>46410923

Cause he's the one trying to gain control of the beasts you whiney bitch.
>>
File: Suprise.png (4 MB, 1328x1548) Image search: [Google]
Suprise.png
4 MB, 1328x1548
Khorgos Khul is Baaaaaack.

And what the hell is that thing behind him? Is that Archaon? My god is he Hueg.
>>
>>46410968

And what? Let's use this one picture of him on every occasion he is ivolved now, that your retarded logic, fagot?
>>
File: Solar Drake.png (5 MB, 1333x1617) Image search: [Google]
Solar Drake.png
5 MB, 1333x1617
>ARGENTINE

>The Silver Wyrm of Anvrok, Argentine was the first of the zodiacal godbeasts to be claimed by Archaon, who twisted the mighty creature into an insane slave of Tzeentch, vomiting forth tides of Daemons across the firmament.

>IGNAX

>The Solar Drake Ignax was bound to the Crescent Isle by chains forged by the duardin smith-god Grungni in times long forgotten, for reasons none can truly understand. To even ascend to the land bound to Ignax’s back requires magic beyond even the Everchosen’s Gaunt Summoners. Is there another way?

>BEHEMAT

>The World Titan, spawn of the infamous Ymnog, is slumbering beneath the Scabrous Sprawl of Ghyran, reachable only thanks to the enormous drilling engines of the Skaven. To merely awaken such a godbeast is not enough, as even the Everchosen could not beat Behemat into obedience. But the key to controlling the World Titan lies in the Great Green Torc above…

Archaon vs the sun sized Solar Dragon.

Place your bets guys.
>>
>>46411222
Archaeon because he can't lose
>>
>>46411162
Looks like an Archaon-armored blood golem?
>>
>>46411222
Archaon, godbeast ain't invincible.

>Jotunberg, infected by Papa Nurgle;

>Argentine, corrupted by Tzeentch;

>Vulcatrix, died with Grimnir;

>Y'ulae, killed by Archaon;

>Drakatoa, best Gorkamorka, buy beaten by Dracothion;

>Dracothion, um... bro with Sigmar, that is really bad.

The list go on.
>>
The state of the game, lore, and this thread is so fucking sad I don't even wanna troll it anymore. I genuinely feel for you guys who believed in GW :(
>>
>>46411467
Dracothion got KO'ed by Gorkamorka.

>>46411451
Looks like the khornate lord accidentally stumbled on Archaon's daily bloodbath.
>>
>>46411451
Archaon like the Emperor in 40k can change his size at will its seems. Even without this he's a fuck hueg guy around 10-12 feet tall the least.
>>
Archaon vs a Godbeast
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1N5tD-A2-XI
>>
File: Darketh Deaddeath.jpg (4 MB, 3974x3056) Image search: [Google]
Darketh Deaddeath.jpg
4 MB, 3974x3056
>>46411162
Finally pinpointed what he reminds me off.
>>
File: Darketh Deaddeath 2.jpg (2 MB, 1987x3056) Image search: [Google]
Darketh Deaddeath 2.jpg
2 MB, 1987x3056
>>46411612
>>
File: Passed the Test.jpg (1 MB, 1987x3056) Image search: [Google]
Passed the Test.jpg
1 MB, 1987x3056
>>
File: Passed the test 2.jpg (2 MB, 1987x3056) Image search: [Google]
Passed the test 2.jpg
2 MB, 1987x3056
>>46411750
Gertrude for Plushing Varanguard!
>>
is Lizardmen/Seraphon the new Oldcrons/Newcrons debate?
>>
>>46412061
Oh my god please no.
Dont make me hate my army.
>>
>>46412061
AGREE TO DISAGREE
>>
>>46412061
Nah, they are not nearly that different
>>
>>46412061
>>46412139
I hate it when people argue by breaking down their mile long paragraphs and respond to each statement with another mile long paragraph. Do that 10 times in a row and it hurts your eyes to read.
>>
>>46412061
Nah. New Oldcron/Newcron debate is AoS/WHF.
>>
>>46412139
One is daemons doe.
>>
File: Saurus_vs_démon.jpg (90 KB, 439x628) Image search: [Google]
Saurus_vs_démon.jpg
90 KB, 439x628
>>46412184
small details; deep down they share the same concepts and ideas, what changed is simply the cover and the setting around them; while for oldcrons/newcrons it's them who changed drastically from look and interaction with the c'tan.

lizardmen changed setting, 40k changed necrons.
>>
File: monstersinc.jpg (819 KB, 2560x1600) Image search: [Google]
monstersinc.jpg
819 KB, 2560x1600
>>46410023

>lizardmen now have the personalities of animated cartoon buddy characters
>this is a good thing

wew lads, I bet the lot of you that like this also liked necrons being turned into insane royal (egyptian) families in spaaaace
>>
>>46412269
>while for oldcrons/newcrons it's them who changed drastically from look and interaction with the c'tan.

I count Slaan summoning lizards from memory as drastic change to the spawning pools.
>>
>>46411623

>Darketh Deaddeath

I could have sworn I saw that in a Age of Sigmar battletome somewhere...
>>
In their battletome it stays that the Seraphon actually are hanging out in a sort of realm that is beyond even Sigmars realm. It says that they wait there to be call by the Slann. Maybe the Slann, with the Azyr power, created a collective conscious realm of sorts?
>>
>>46412374
They have cities in Azyr above Sigmar's cities.
>>
File: 1408049499961.jpg (507 KB, 1280x1906) Image search: [Google]
1408049499961.jpg
507 KB, 1280x1906
>>46412346
or is it? after all they are still spawned whenever the plot demands, in number and special qualities according to the plan the slann are following.
before it was pools, now it is star; before the plan was written by the old ones, now by the slann.

>>46412343
>now
accept the silly, it was always meant to be there
>>
>>46412393
Oh. Really? That kinda kills the mysterious aspect of it. They reandomly help the Stormcast, and if Sigmar wanted to he could just knock on there door and see whats up?
>>
>>46412429
No, the Slaan do not answer to Sigmar. He knows they are in his realm but he doesn't bother them and they don't bother him.
>>
>>46412466
I didnt mean they are ruled by him, its just weird that they pitch the whole "The Slann are seperate behind the scene players in the battle against Chaos." Then turn around and have them next door neighbors with billions of free peoples and Stormcasts. It even says that when the Seraphon first met Stormcast, they had a moment of "who the hell are you" but found common cause when fighting Chaos. Wouldnt it make sense for the Slann to already know about the Stormcasts? Seeing how they sensed already when Sigmar sent his storms out?
>>
>>46412505
Azyr is big and is comprised of many stars. The Slaan inhabit the highest of the stars, hidden from mortal eyes. Far off from Sigmar's cities. So they aren't really neighbours.

It's said that Sigmar is dimly aware of the Slaan's plans. This shows that there is no communication between both parties.
>>
>>46412505
slann don't perceive time the same way as other races, they sometimes happen to mix up future, present and past while reading the threads of fates aka: frogposting on 8gates.org, considering this is not difficult to imagine even near-all-knowing beings like slann to experience the present with surprise, like "oh is it monday already?".
>>
File: The Prodigal Fyrd.png (113 KB, 395x174) Image search: [Google]
The Prodigal Fyrd.png
113 KB, 395x174
Orruk allies, stormcast allies, and now duadrin allies.

The lizards are starting to make a lot of friends.
>>
>>46412573
>>46412571
Yeah, i see. Thats cool though. Ive been reading the tomes and novels, but sometimes its tough to picture just what they are talking about.
>>46412633
Dang, while i guess they had their reasons, I feel like that situation would have been better without the need for cryptic messages.
>>
>>46398078
I wonder if they will show some more color schemes, I really like the tempest lord color scheme, there are two stomrhosts however that have no colors currently, I think there called the black Dractions and black hammers.
>>
>>46411162
archaon must be able to either absorb blood to grow larger or turn into it at will.
>>
>>46411222
Seeing how the chains are all over the place, this is either Archaon freeing him or Archaon is leashing him.
>>
File: apoc.gif (1 MB, 600x251) Image search: [Google]
apoc.gif
1 MB, 600x251
>>46413111
>grow larger at will.

WE APOCALYPSE NOW

Is he going to have a fistfight with a godbeast in his plus size form?
>>
File: apocalypse.png (1 MB, 640x732) Image search: [Google]
apocalypse.png
1 MB, 640x732
>>46411556
An Age of Sigmar action RPG starring Archaon would be pretty cool, like growing in power over the course of the game with his armor looking like his fantasy version but by the end of the game his armor turns into the set like in the OP while having that crazy anime esque vision of his.
>>
>>46413294
>anime

Is this Age of Sigmar general's worst forced meme?
>>
File: Archaon Quad.png (3 MB, 2408x812) Image search: [Google]
Archaon Quad.png
3 MB, 2408x812
>>46411162
The Horns.

They keep getting larger and larger.
>>
>>46413435
I didnt have problems with the WHFB model but the AOS horns are retarded as fuck
>>
>>46405724

I started it because I wanted to give it a chance after the End Times stuff was done. As an Empire player the Sigmar thing already appealed to me. I ended up really enjoying it because my favorite games are skirmish games, so the smaller scale/lack of need for giant blocks made the game a lot more engaging for me. Currently building up a Stormhost, as my brother plays Chaos in everything, so we split the starter box.
>>
>>46413480
Don't worry, his topknot redeems it.
>>
>>46413324
it really is, I couldn't think of anything else should have said metal esque vision instead.
>>
>bought 3 boxes of free company because i liked them
>militia is now the most powerful state regiment thanks to the new book
bravo GW
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 56

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.