[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
It's no secret that WotC wants to turn Liliana Vess "good".
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 3
File: boab86_liliana.jpg (86 KB, 620x450) Image search: [Google]
boab86_liliana.jpg
86 KB, 620x450
It's no secret that WotC wants to turn Liliana Vess "good".

How would you go about writing her redemption arc, and what card would you make to signify this change?
>>
>>46383883
I'd like it to be natural and progress over a few blocks but since they're pushing the Jacetice League so hard it'll probably happen in Spoopy Moon via a Helm of Opposite Alignment or corruption by Emrakul or Marit Lage
>>
>>46383883
Jayce, Rewriter of Personalities UU3
[Image is Jayce making pic related pose]
+1 Change the color of target permanent
-3 Reveal and exile a permanent from your hand. Target permanent in-play gains its activated abilities.
-10 Permanently a character's official backstory to fit whatever the fuck you did this game.
>>
>>46383935
Alternatively, Garruk will kill her and become the black ranger.
>>
>>46384020
Fuck why do I always misspell Jace.
>>
>>46383883
Swapping Lili to White?
Urza did it. I mean, it's literally his canon power.
>>
>>46384031
>Garruk the Rapist
>a good guy
>ever
>let alone in current SJW-cock-sucking Magic
Yeah, no.
>>
>>46383883
It won't happen. She's going to be the "evil" tuxedo mask to jace's sailor scouts. Will they? Won't they? Oh, the drama. It'll be shit, just like the rest of magic's story since AVR.
>>
I think that, if wizards would actually do this, it would be after they fully villianize Ugin, Sorin and Nahiri. With the little hints hidden everywhere in the new set, the general attitude given by these three, and the fact that Nicol Bolas, Emrakul, Garruk and other far more developed evil bad guy people have seemingly disappeared leads me to think that Gideons little Justice Friends tribute band is gonna be the only force of good ripping through the planes soon. If anything, Liliana will have to join them or be crushed.
>>
Liliana will save a powerless Jace without Spark (by the time some kind of force will make him temporary lose his 'walker status) using a shield of black mana. Then she will swear the gatewatch.

Oath of Liliana
When ~ enters the battlefield, return up to one creature card from your graveyard to your hand.

When a Planeswalker enters the battlefield under your control, destroy up to one target creature an opponent controls.
>>
>>46384554
I still believe Black Ranger will be Elspeth returning from her stay in Underworld.
>>
>>46384020
So... in order to turn Lili "Good" they'd turn jace into the most evil charcter in the game?
>>
>>46383883
>How would you go about writing her redemption arc
The classic way to go from villainess to anti-hero is to have something worse than her turn up, forcing the former villainess into a grudging alliance with the heroes, during which she gradually realizes that good is, well, good. Also, romance with one of the heroes.

So, Phyrexia attacks, and Liliana receives the D from Jace between battles with the biomechanical horrors.
>>
>>46383883
When she solves her actual problem - blaming others for her own actions.
Everything she does, she claims it wasn't her fault, that she was FORCED to do it, when it fact it was entirely her own choice to do whatever horrible thing it was she did. Any kind of 'redemption' would require her to own up to this and to regret her actions, rather than shove them off on someone else.
>Lavender Moon
>>
>>46384634
It's not evil when Jace does it.
>>
>>46383883
Lili encounters some eldrazi and planeswalks away. Because planeswalker. Then she encounters even more eldrazi. Eventually she starts looking into what the eldrazi are and has a close encounter with Emrakul. She falls into despair after than and then Gideon, being the hero he is, rescues her and gives her some long speech about not giving up.

Lili ends up joining the gatewatch for the hell of it and steadily becomes less evil. Not good, she's the black planeswalker after all, but helpful to other planeswalkers.
>>
>>46384599
Elspeth, Knight-Revenant. I want it so much.
>>
Doesn't she have some more demons to kill?
I could see her trying to trick the Jacestice League into helping her rid the Multiverse of some particularly dangerous demons.
>>
>>46384756
She has two more
>>
>>46384756
Two down, two to go
>>
>>46384705
Unless it's rape. Nobody can get away with rape.
>>
>>46384819
Which this basically is
>>
File: do it faggot.png (167 KB, 271x396) Image search: [Google]
do it faggot.png
167 KB, 271x396
>>46383883
>It's no secret that

QUALIFY THIS OR BE EXPUNGED.
>>
>>46383883
>Change of Heart

Oh shit I'm sorry you can't use it

[Spoiler]It's a banned card[/spoiler]
>>
>>46384599
>>46384748
Guess you'll be waiting a long time, cause it's not happening.
>>
>>46385022
Yeah, unfortunately their beloved white weeny waifu is probably a legendary B/W enchantment creature in the next commander set.
>>
>>46385104
They WANT zombie Elspeth.
What's going to happen is her staying monowhite, because her becoming a Returned means she won't be a Planeswalker, and thus won't be as marketable.
And they've made a point to note that she's sticking more than ever to being pure White Waifu and not touching a bit of those icky other colors while in the underworld
>>
>>46385104
Well, she can be the first Planeswalker Enchantment ever... ;_;
>>
>>46385227
Like how Tezzeret and Karn were Artifact Planeswalkers, right?
>>
>>46385211
She put on the mask. She's going to be a zombie either way.
>>
>>46385296
Why does she wear the mask?
>>
>>46385296
Well, but we cared for her even before she did. Right?
>>
>>46385296
But she DIDN'T put on the mask. She made it, she didn't put it on, and is explicitly looking for a way out of the underworld that does not involve putting the mask on.
>>
>>46385313
>>46385333
Easy there, big guys.
>>
>>46385266
You underestimate WotC urge to... explore new design possibilities.
>>
>>46385347
Apparently she's a retarded since she could just planeswalk out and erebos would explicitly be unable to do shit about it
>>
>>46383883

>falls for protagonist
>has boobs
>gets a pass despite sins

there's your redemption arc.
>>
>>46385385
Nyx and the underworld are explicitly non-walking zones on Theros. Read the ebooks, casual.
>>
>>46384839
>>46384819
It's not rape if you edit their memory so they think they wanted it.
>>
>>46383883
First she has to kill the demons, she won't give up immortality. That's her entire shtick atm.

Maybe if Jace helps her kill one or something she'll "owe" the jacetice league and will help them out for a while.

She'll finish out her debts with jace and then follow them around for their trail of bodies because the jacetice league is basically a bunch of murder hobos now.
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.