[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 5
File: 1366584918229.jpg (278 KB, 1000x800) Image search: [Google]
1366584918229.jpg
278 KB, 1000x800
I have gotten a thought:
For me the Definition of "a bad Player Concept" as: "The concept leaves no room for another maincharacter, that is in no way related to him"

Batman does exactly that. Other maincharacters are "his sidekicks, his butler and his opponent"
>>
>what is the justice league
>>
>>46378466
That's stupid.

You're stupid.
>>
>>46378521
then give me a better one.
>>
File: reply.jpg (81 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
reply.jpg
81 KB, 1280x720
>>46378466
I have gotten a thought:
For me the Definition of "a bad Player Concept" as: "The concept leaves no room for another maincharacter, that is in no way related to him"

Luke Skywalker does exactly that. Other maincharacters are "his friends, his sister and his opponent"
>>
>>46378669
I did not talk about having other main characters. I talked about leaving room for them.
>>
>>46378669
pretty much every main character does that. I suppose that in OP's definition only Harem anime has good player concepts
>>
>>46378780
Would you let one of your players have a pc, that is literally batman?
>>
>>46378466
Thought: Batman is the main character and the titular hero of any comic, game or film with "Batman" in the title. You didn't think this through did you OP?
>>
>>46378941
thak makes him a good movie hero, or maybe a cood comicbook hero. But not a good player character. Did you read the post?
>>
>>46378466
How does Batman not leave room for other main characters? >>46378505 alone proves that is wrong unless you want to somehow claim that isn't the real Batman or something.

I know what you're trying to talk about in regards to a bad player concept, players who treat the game like its a single player experience and think the other PCs should just be quirky NPCs for their grandiose personal quest. This is a pretty common That Guy thing.

Your Batman example is just pretty poor.
>>
>>46379108
yah, maybe.
>>
>>46379026
Player Characters =/= main characters. Most games I've played in or ran would have what's more accurately referred to as an ensemble cast. You don't really get Main characters in tabletop games much. You especially don't want someone creating one unless the whole group is totally fine with it.
>>
Even if that was true, parties naturally tend to have leaders often enough so what's the problem?
>>
>>46378505

I dunno, Batman is often modified pretty extensively to fit the Justice League (or, well, other characters are changed extensively to fit Batman). Batman as depicted in many solo Batman comics has some serious divergences in terms of abilities to the guy that appears in Justice League.
>>
File: mutants & masterminds.jpg (322 KB, 720x935) Image search: [Google]
mutants & masterminds.jpg
322 KB, 720x935
>>46378928
Yeah I would.
>>
>>46379237
Even there i would have a bad feeling about this char.
>>
>>46379351
Seems like you just don't like the character then anything else. Which is your problem not the other players.
>>
File: Never Alone.jpg (265 KB, 630x522) Image search: [Google]
Never Alone.jpg
265 KB, 630x522
>Literal origin of the modern concept the side-kick
>An entire Batfamily exists
>Long running Batman & Superman series
>The DC Trinity
>Founding member and financial backer of The Justice League
>Started The Outsiders
>First Robin founded and lead the Teen Titans for a long time
>Batman Inc.
>>
File: Whodat.jpg (163 KB, 611x1600) Image search: [Google]
Whodat.jpg
163 KB, 611x1600
>>46378579
I'm sure there are a few thousand valid examples, but when I think of a character you just could not run a workable party with this is the one that really pops into my head front and centre.
>>
>>46379836
Much props for shatteringly appropriate image there, anon.

...I think we can all go now?
>>
Single, Player, Campaign.
>>
>>46379235
so a character who is a main character in a story is modified to fit a format in which he shares the main character status?

you don't say?
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.