[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Generic fantasy setting with giants, not humans, as dominant
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3
>Generic fantasy setting with giants, not humans, as dominant race.

How would you do it?
>>
>>46377086

Just like you would do a setting where the dominant race is humans but everyone else is halflings or gnomes.
>>
>shingeki no kyojin opening theme starts playing
>>
>>46377086
exactly the same as humans but..bigger?
>>
>>46377086
Depends on exactly how tall such giants are, I like to base a lot of my settings off science initially, then taking some liberty often labelled under the pretence of person/race/faction's magic afterwards.

As for settings that have done it before, see the Dark Souls universe, though Lordran in particular is much better than Dranleic in this particular instance.
>>
>>46377125
fuck off weeb
>>
>>46377086
It depends...
are giants a playable race along with all the others?
>>
>>46377164
Where do you think you are, kiddo?
>>
>>46377086
Scale everything up proportionally. You wouldn't be able to tell the difference.
>>
>>46377109
What are then halflings and gnomes?
>>
>>46377291
Lilliputians
>>
File: Amazing Chest Ahead.png (307 KB, 620x334) Image search: [Google]
Amazing Chest Ahead.png
307 KB, 620x334
>>46377086
Dark Souls?
>>
>>46377086
I wouldn't make them a playable race. They also try to eat the players.
>>
>>46377291

Pixies and shit.
>>
>>46377173
Playable race.
>>
>>46377160
Based on giantism, men up to 3-4 meters is acceptable, right?
Anything over that is too big, too lanky and too hungry.
Heck, their agriculture would focus more on crops with better yields.
>>
>>46377086
Then you would have numerous war tactics based around separating, outflanking and hitting and running.
Ranged weapons and mobility over close combat blocks and heavy armors.

Other details would require specifications about the numbers, the lifespan, the ability to socialize and the overall intelligence.
Like with minimally intelligent but strong beings, they could have been at the decisional center of many cultures until possible uprisings.

I like the focus over giants instead of stuff like dragons for once.
>>
>>46377404
>/thread
>>
>>46379125
Not him, but 2-3 meter are already enough in my opinion. That's still VERY tall.
>>
I've already done a setting like that. The giants were hunchbacked and their skin was rough with multiple layers that stored pockets of water that allowed moss and other plants to grow on their body. Since they were entirely herbivores this meant they didn't need to farm like other races and just eat the plants growing on themselves.

Their dominance came from their magic. All of the giants inherited some sort of connection to the ancient trees (the settings origin story) in the form of a sigil that appears at birth. The sigil could give them anything from mastery of water to mastery of death. Regardless of which sigil they were born with all giants were highly adept at stealth (yes, stealth) and could turn invisible and remain hidden from the other races.

Despite being obviously nature oriented the giants still made cities out of stone. These cities would be covered in plant life with animals freely roaming around them. Combined with the giants ability to go invisible the city would appear long abandoned to any outsider that wandered in.

The giants sort of controlled the world Illuminati style and the players weren't even aware of their existence for a while.
>>
>>46377086
That's actually part of my settings history.

Basically, the giants overthrew the gods because they were dicks, ended up becoming dicks themselves and were overthrown by the ancestors of humans.

Then gods teamed up with the dragons to dick over the Ancients, so they teamed up with the giants to kick some ass.

The dragons betrayed the gods and the allies killed them. Their death-curse made the giants unable to procreate and split the Ancients into humans, elves, etc.

Then aliens invaded and things got really weird.
>>
>>46377291
Quarterlings and pixies.
>>
>>46377617
Only if the giants start eating them.
>>
there'd be a lot of spelunking
>>
>>46377086
What role might have the humans?
>>
You have the giants be feudal nobility. They protect the human underclass in exchange for money, food, and labor.
>>
>>46377086
>Generic
you have no idea what that word means, do you?
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.