[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is this a good way to weed out bad players? https://app.rol
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4
File: 1458609620559.jpg (6 MB, 3000x3000) Image search: [Google]
1458609620559.jpg
6 MB, 3000x3000
Is this a good way to weed out bad players?

https://app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/43912/the-divination
>>
>>46376733
My GM usually runs all applicants to our group through a quick one-shot one-player scenario to see how they RP and if they resort to murder-hobo'ism right away.

Not sure if it's a "good" method though, as it requires some time investment by the GM to test the new players.
>>
Didn't click the link, but I don't want to play in a game with anyone who uses OP's pic for anything
>>
>>46376951
>not liking androgynous horned anime kids
>>
File: ss+(2016-03-31+at+11.47.18).jpg (11 KB, 311x129) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2016-03-31+at+11.47.18).jpg
11 KB, 311x129
>>46376733
I've got my doubts. Personally I just try to build a network and draw the best of the best from past games. It's a slow, extremely long-term process, but boy does it pay off.
>>
>>46376733
I think it is alright. Trial runs are perfectly enjoyable things so it isn't like a waste of time. I'd try it out if it weren't when I have my in-person sessions. I've never used roll20 with strangers, but your plan seems sound.
>>
>>46377461
Correct.
>>
File: 1457204583004.gif (3 MB, 200x155) Image search: [Google]
1457204583004.gif
3 MB, 200x155
>>46378887
https://app.roll20.net/users/977236/the-gypsy

Bio: I am the Past, Present, and Future. The One Foretold and the One who is Gone. The Nameless Name. The Witch of the Weirdling Ways. The Speaker of Silence. The Star in the Black Sky. The Sleeping Dark that dreams of being Awake. I Know the Nothing. I See without Seeing. Within and Without. Beginning and Ending. Doing without Trying. Finding without Seeking. The Mysterious Understanding. The Cold Fire. The Wrong that is Right. Seek Me Out and Find Yourself.

How high-level is he?
>>
>>46379193
You can be a level one commoner and still list that you're a series of bland contradictions. This is effectively the chorus of Hot N Cold by Katy Perry but through the lens of edge.
>>
>>46376733

>capitalizing random letters

Run. Run for you life.
>>
>>46376733
only 1 player but everybody goes on the waiting list weird
>>
I'm one of the players who applied. Getting in is a bit...weird. The gypsy person is very formal and demands you do things in a very specific way. It's text and that's fine but you have to conform to their style or it's the highway with you. They highly encourage creativity and let you do a variety of settings. Unfortunately, I'm not terribly versed in the subject matter since I haven't read as much fantasy as I'd like.
>>
>>46376924
Get him to share the one shot with us!
>>
I don't know if this guy's an actual pretentious cunt, or trying to go for satire.

Also, am I the only one that's pissed off by the "respect GM authority" thing? Like, fuck you dude, you're running a game not a military squad. You ain't shit, stop acting like it.
>>
randomly reject one thing about their character and see how they respond.

on the flip side arbitrarily disagree with one of the DM's rulings and see how he responds
>>
File: 1453708903440.jpg (34 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1453708903440.jpg
34 KB, 500x500
>>46382458
I agree with this, as long as the players don't always try and usurp the GM's authority at every turn.
Having players debate you is the most frustrating thing on the planet.
>>
>>46380936

Does this guy let in people who use anime portraits?
>>
>>46382458
You haven't played with enough autists. They will get angry about utterly inane things then attempt to debate you or start throwing tantrums. Having unquestioned authority to shoot down arguments and move the game along is critical for a GM, and your non-subhuman players will be thankful when you exercise it.
>>
>>46384782
I dunno. My picture was of big boss so perhaps if it's a cool enough character.
>>
>>46376733
The best way to weed out bad players is to give them a little bit of info about the setting and story. If they make no effort to fit their character in, don't accept them. They clearly didn't read the post.
>>
>>46376733
Trial runs are perfectly fine.

But
>having such a giant assload of campaigns
Is a pretty red flag for the GM.

And then the rest really hammers home control freak tendencies.

So yeah I wouldn't even try this guy.
>>
>>46379243
>Member since 06/20/15 / GM of 60 games / 1075 Hours Played / 1793 Forum Posts

But in a span of 9 months, he's GMed 60 games and played 1,075 hours.
>>
>>46388884
That's average of 18 hours per game.
Seems pretty fuckn fickle.
>>
>>46388435
This desu senpai.
The GM seems like he has a very high opinion of himself, like he's top shit for deigning to run a game for the peasantry who must impress him before being worth his time.
>>
No, fuck off you autist.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.