[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Please recommend me a system, /tg/. - Goofy, light-hearted animu
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: b28g8Xd.jpg (1 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
b28g8Xd.jpg
1 MB, 1920x1080
Please recommend me a system, /tg/.

- Goofy, light-hearted animu game for one GM and two players.
- Rules-lite to rules-medium (GURPS is out).
- Minimal emphasis on combat (D&D is right out).
- Set in an interplanar magical academy where characters can be shapeshifting dragons, kitsune, fairies, succubi, and other fantastical creatures.
- A major gimmick should be learning and collecting new spells by attending classes, each of which is like a Vancian D&D spell ("Detect Thoughts," "Scrying," "Fly," "Charm Monster," etc.). Ideally, there should be an expansive list of premade spells to ease the GM's burden.

What do you have for me?
>>
>>46369891
>- Set in an interplanar magical academy where characters can be shapeshifting dragons, kitsune, fairies, succubi, and other fantastical creatures.
I have a hot cup of fuck off for you, you autistic weeb fuck.
>>
>>46369891
Can't Ars Magica be fluffed this way sorta?
>>
BESM is the system you want.
>>
>>46369917
>BESM
No. No. Stop.
OVA is newer and better. Plus the print book is adorably dinky - I mean, portable.
>>
>>46369935
What about OVA's mechanics make it "anime"?
>>
>>46369901
you could just ignore the thread you know, not everything on the board needs to cater to your tastes
>>
>>46369891

Try Feng Shui.
>>
>>46370033
Same could be said about BESM, honestly.
The entire system is built around Abilities and Weaknesses that add/subtract dice from your pool. There's one weakness that causes your nose to gush blood when around whatever it is you find hot, so there is that.

It fits perfectly: the system's simple as fuck, has a lot of flexibility in what you can build, and although there aren't any prebuilt spells they're simple enough to make yourself.
>>
>>46370172
>minimal emphasis on combat
>entire system is designed around action movie tropes and focuses on kicking ass
I. What the fuck?
>>
>>46370202
Simple (but stupid) thought process
>Anime = japanese name.
>Therefore japanese name = anime.
>This game has japanese name, therefore it's anime.
>All anime is the same, so anything with japanese name fits.
>>
>>46370229
BUT FENG SHUI ISN'T EVEN A FUCKING JAPANESE CONCEPT GOD DAMN.

Man. I didn't expect this level of stupidity to make me this mad.
>>
FATE Accelerated. And then use the D&D spell list of your choice. Just don't be autistic about it.
>>
>>46370282
>BUT FENG SHUI ISN'T EVEN A FUCKING JAPANESE CONCEPT GOD DAMN.
Which makes it all the sillier.
>>
File: 1458919897252.jpg (2 MB, 2894x4093) Image search: [Google]
1458919897252.jpg
2 MB, 2894x4093
>>46369891
Maid RPG with the Master turned into the Principle and the Mansion made into School. Butlers are teachers or hall monitors.

You can bolt on the spells as special abilities or something.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.