[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
To what extent can the background of a Skitarii regiment vary?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 4
File: IMG_0291.png (3 MB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0291.png
3 MB, 1600x1200
To what extent can the background of a Skitarii regiment vary? Has current lore stated that there a selection process similar to Astartes and their gene-seeds, or are they just hapless volunteers?

Looking to add some color to my new army. I wouldn't mind joining in on rolling for a homebrew unit either.
>>
An isolated or radical Forge World could have some strange procedures. If you want something really outlandish just say they are Dark Mechanicus.
>>
If I read the fluff bit right they are drafted from within the Mechanicus serfs and 'gifted' with implants that cause euphoria when they follow orders though it wouldn't surprise me in the least to learn that some forge worlds use clones/mind controlled prisoners for the rank and file.

But hey, this is 40k. The galaxy is a big place if you can think of it odds are it's happened at least once since Horus flipped Big E the middle finger.
>>
>>46361949
>To what extent can the background of a Skitarii regiment vary?

Wildly.
>>
>>46361949
There are literally billions of world in the imperium. If even 1% of them are forge worlds, there are millions of them. If you want to make something strange, no one's really going to bat an eye unless they are literally sacrificing babies to chaos
>>
File: image.png (597 KB, 850x706) Image search: [Google]
image.png
597 KB, 850x706
>>46362425
It's rumored that Agripinaa's Skitarii force is only so large because they evacuated and turned the prisoners of St. Joan's Hope before it was exterminatused.

>>46361949
Shoot, I'd love for their to be a table for rolling up Skitarii.

Anyways, what's everyone's favorite Skitarii/Forgeworld?

I quite like Stygies VIII for their sweet color scheme and Not Xenotech heresy that they have none of. And the fact that almost everyone has waged war against them.

The Inquisition, the IG, other Skitarii, and even Space Marines!
>"GEEZ! Stop waging war against us, we just wanted to investigate the xenos tech, and maybe even touch it! Nothing wrong with that, right guys?"

Seriously, their Xenotech-friendly policies started after the Eldar of Saim Hann rescued them from the Hereteks and Chaos during the Horus Heresy. They took this as a sign from the Omnissiah that the Eldar were under his will, and that they must study them.

This sect of The Adeptus Mechanicus, known as Xenarites, are highly frowned upon outside of Stygies VIII.

Just look at that color scheme!
>>
Goddamn these are pretty.

I don't give a shit about 40k anymore, but, I gotta get me some Skittari infantry - also, where can I find out more about 'em, is there a codex out?
>>
>>46363757

Skitarii supplement. If you want to run a small team of Skitarii, you could play Kill Team:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/sxwi2gcgva7sv16/Skitarii.pdf
>>
>>46363757
Aye, there is the Codex: Skitarii, and the Codex: Cult Mechanicus.

I own both as pdfs I got off the internet.

However, if you wish to purchase it, I would wait, as there are rumours of a combined codex.

The Start Collecting! Skitarii comes with a unqiue formation and rule that allows said formation to be played, The Dominus Maniple, and the box itself is a great deal, at least in my opinion.
>>
File: Skitarii3.jpg (461 KB, 1280x1707) Image search: [Google]
Skitarii3.jpg
461 KB, 1280x1707
>>46361949
The selection process is entirely based on the whims of the Forge World's Magi. Some take volunteers looking to perform their duty in the Great Quest for Knowledge, while others press gang unfortunate settlements existing outside of the forge complexes.

>>46363757
Check the 40k general's OP for a link to the pdf.
>>
>>46363910
Ah, the Vanguard, my favorite!
I only wish in that art piece that they were using their signature radium weapons. And that they were in Stygies VIII colors. Or Metalica colors.
>>
>>46364003

The guys in the back are using their radium weapons. Guy in front just has the lighting pistol thingy.
>>
>>46364413
Oh, you're right. How did I miss that?
>>
>>46361949
Can go from a sort of mechanicus Imperial Guard to legions of heavily augmented cyborgs like in the skitarii codex.
>>
>>46361949
The lore I'm using for my Forge World (I haven't decided whether it shares a planet or a system with the IG regiment I have in my mind) is that they appreciate the human form more than other Mechanicus cults.
Basically, they look like traditional, mind-controlled, fully disposable Skitarii, and have had their organs and flesh replaced with tech, but they aren't remotely mentally controlled, and their tech augmentations are based on a "modular" process, and when they're not in battle, they replace their robot-looking armour with human-looking skin, superficial organs (*cough* tits *cough*), and their original pre-Skitarii faces.

There's a movie with some kind of artificial skin and faces that have "seam lines", like what I'm imagining.
>>
So tg, which forgeworld that you think have the best pattern? Im just searching for new colour pattern for my skitarii and confused as hell.
>>
>>46366704
Of the canon, I like Agrippa, but I'm going with a green and gold for my own custom forge world, because I'm Irish (a small bit of muh patriotism) and I think the metallic Mechanicus make the gold contrast well, and the green wouldn't look great on IG.
>>
>>46363704
My favorite was the forgeworld that started an Ork WAAAGH just to study how the Orks move from system to system, and how to best counter them. They filled an entire underground facility with cogitators that had a complete resevoir of information detailing the beginnings of an Ork Waaagh, all stages of fighting one, and the knowledge of how to counter them.

Then the Inquisition found out, BLAMED the Priests responsible, and the Munitorum filled the cavern with those cogitators with concrete just to create the foundations of a grenade factory.

I can't remember the name of the forgeworld though, it might be the same one you mentioned in your post.
>>
>>46368756
Do Inquisitors even technically have authority over the Admech?
Like, can't a high ranking magos just say "fuck off m8" to an inquisitor, and fucking murder him/her if the pestering continues?
>>
>>46368939

Yes they do.

Ordo Machinum - Oversees the Adeptus Mechanicus.

If a Forge World is powerful enough, like Mars, they can tell 99% of Inquisitors to fuck off.
>>
>>46368954
So most of the policing of Adeptus Mechanicus is internal, rather than coming from an external force, correct?
>>
>>46363181
No, there are millions of worlds, not billions.
>>
>>46368983
Yes.

The vast majority of Inquisitors who poke around get disappeared quietly, because the Mechanicus give no fucks. Any Inquisitorial oversight is from either joint operations or Inquisitors gearing up in precisely the right way to monitor the Mechanicus without being discovered (or lucky enough to get away with it after they've been discovered anyways)
>>
>>46369037
That or they roll in with enough firepower to take them on, in the case of Astartes Kill teams on Stygies VIII
>>
>>46369058
Despite of that, Stygies still stands, and continues their xenos research.
Stopping a powerful magos from pursuing what he wants, is pretty damn hard.
>>
>>46368954
The thing is that the Mechanicus already has inquisitors called Magos Juris.
>>
>>46369091
You have to watch over the watchmen. Mechanicus probably has a conpiracy to investigate Inquisitors who deal with xeno and demon tech probably.
>>
I'm now imagining a Skitarii regiment made out of a "stolen" Guard Regiment. AdMech forged some papers to get a bunch of Genericans sent to their world and Skitarrified them. This is mainly so a bunch of normal Guardsmen suddenly have to deal with their amazing new implants.

>Sure, I'll never see my family again but these new eyes let me see right through a Sister's Power Armor.
>>
>>46369150
I bet its gotten to the point to where there's an entire circle of magi and Inquisitors watching each other's movements, only none realizing they're all moving in what's pretty much political circles because they all know that they're watching x person, and being watched by y person, but not knowing about the whole circle.
>>
>>46368996
There is roughly a million worlds.
>>
>>46366643
Ex Machina is probably the movie you're thinking of, and I like this idea. Put on the gun arms and armored carapace when you go to war, take them off when you are going to the tavern.
>>
>>46371525
With a ball parked figure of 1% forge worlds that still gives 10,000 forge worlds. Estimated sure, but the number is high enough for any of our clink and clang ideas to have a forge world where it's at least tolerated.

Gotta remember most high ranking magos have essentially private armies of skittari. There's room.
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.