[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Working at GW
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
File: image.png (77 KB, 490x203) Image search: [Google]
image.png
77 KB, 490x203
Hi, fa/tg/uys!
I gotta move to London from Sweden for reasons.
I need a part time job and I don't have much to go on but my hobbies and my license as a cinema projectionist.
Is GW like mcdonalds of game stores?
Is it hard to get a job there?
I collect but my painting is pretty bad. Is that a requirement?
I need to earn 600£ a month

Working with anything /tg/ would be neat though but I'm aiming low.
>>
You should probably go for a job as a cinema projectionist then. It'll almost definitely pay better. What part of London, if you don't mind my asking?
>>
>Swedecuck
You'll fit right in with the Games Workshop policy of ruining everything people like.
>>
>>46353142
North London. High Barret?
I don't have it on hand exactly right now.
But I figured commuting is possible?
Are there a lot of cinemas in London?
In Stockholm there's basically one big chain and it's shit to work at.
>>
>>46353220
>Profiling an entire country
I just want a simple job with something I know
The fast food chain version of lgs' seems like a good pick. Shit conditions or not.
>>
>>46353063
We only have 2 Games-Workshop stores in the entire country. One in Stockholm and one in Gothenburg
>>
>>46353063
>I need to earn 600£ a month
In London? Shit son, you're the king of thrift if you can live on that little there.
>>
>>46353352
Flyttar från sverige men tack för svaret!
>>46353533
Yeah I'm moving in with some people but will be studying at the same time.
Therefore only going to work part time.
>>
>>46353578
ok, läste bara igenom texten lite snabbt. Trudde du skulle flytta från London till Sverige
>>
File: image.jpg (62 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
62 KB, 640x640
>>46353633
Np
>>
>>46353063
I asked an employee about it a long time ago so i'm not sure on the details, but its apparently not very easy since you have to move to england specificaly for taking an education.

I think you'd be better off just looking for work in a regular lgs. If yourseton gw though it might pay to look at their website for answers.
>>
>>46354454
Fucking "doy"! Ofcourse I should check the website.
Thanks for the tip!
And thanks to the rest of you as well!
>>
>>46353063
>>46354758

Yes it's hard to get a job there, all GW stores have basically changed into 1 man operations to cut costs, so there is basically no spot available for random bright-eyed kids who likes GW.

They want 1 guy who's good at customers and running a store, not just some GW nerd who can man the counter.

Figure out something else.
>>
>>46353220

Please fuck off and go back to /pol/
>>
>>46353142
>You should probably go for a job as a cinema projectionist then.
If the situation in Britain is anything like here in Austria, do fucking this.
In Austria, there are exactly as man jobs as there are projectionists. That means those assholes can practically dictate their wages and working hours to the cinema owners. And it bloody fucking stays that way, because the only way to become a projectionist is to do an apprenticeship with a projectionist. Non-native projectionists rarely show up and if they do, they probably don't get a working permit.
Fucking assholes, sitting in their projector booths and getting paid thrice as much as anyone else in the theater for doing a job literally anyone can do with two days to get worked in.
Source: Being a jealous as fuck and underpaid usher/janitor/security guy
>>
While most stores only have one permanent manager dude, some managers take on extra people. My local GW has two part timers who work one day a week each, enabling the store to stay open 7 days a week. Similarly the big one on tottenham court road has a few part timers in all the time due to its size.

It's up to the manager, basically, if they think it'll earn the store more than your wages they may go for it. Probably best to pop into a GW and ask about it - most GW managers in London know each other so they should know if another GW manager would be up for taking someone on.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.