[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Exalted General - /exg/
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 118
File: Exalted World Map.jpg (7 MB, 2890x1870) Image search: [Google]
Exalted World Map.jpg
7 MB, 2890x1870
>What is Exalted?
An epic high-flying role-playing game about reborn god-heroes in a world that turned on them.
Start here: http://theonyxpath.com/category/worlds/exalted/

>That sounds cool, how can I get into it?
Read the 3e core book (link below). For mechanics of the old edition, play this tutorial: http://jyenicolson.net/exalted/. It'll get you familiar with most of the mechanics.

>Gosh that was fun. How do I find a group?
Roll20 and the Game Finder General here on /tg/. With the new edition, though, chances are more games will crop up.

Resources for Third Edition
>3E Backer Core https://mega.nz/#!E1dRBBIa!ZbQG4IasYCJRli2bhgE2MOdWeFAeV3N1rqL9kAIGbNE
>Character Sheet & Init tracker: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0ByD2BL6J89Nick41YUk0RUt3YlU
>Just a charsheet w/o permission request shenanigans
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1pfjmZKzcUqAX9mB58IAEUIFkZr8rq4CvdRRM4kzwwgU/edit?usp=sharing
>General Homebrew dumping folder: https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0ByD2BL6J89NiQzdCWWFaY0c5Mkk&usp=sharing
>Collection of old 3e Materials, including comics and fiction anthologies https://www.mediafire.com/folder/t2arqtqtyyt28/Exalted_3Leak
>Charm Trees:
>Solar Charms: https://imgur.com/a/q6Vbc
>Martial Arts: https://imgur.com/a/mnQDe
>Evocations: https://imgur.com/a/TYKE4

Resources for 2.5 Edition:
>All books with embedded errata notes, as well as some extras: https://www.mediafire.com/folder/253ulzik1j9s5/Exalted
>Chargen software: http://anathema.github.io/
>Anathema homebrew charm files: https://www.mediafire.com/folder/pka3nz3vqbqda/Anathema_Files
>MA form weapon guide: http://www.brilliantdisaster.net/dif/ExaltedMA.html
>http://www.mediafire.com/view/ua7tanepy2jfkdp/Exalted_2nd_Ed_-_Return_of_the_Scarlet_Empress.pdf

Resources for 1e:
>https://www.mediafire.com/folder/9vp0e9id3by6m/Exalted_1e
>>
>>46349218
OPP's Exalted forum had or currently has a thread going on about 'sexism in the Realm'. The discussion wasn't very interesting, but it got me thinking about the different cultures people use in their Exalted games. Have any fa/tg/uys explored, 'deconstructed' or generally played with the kinds of cultural features people raised on the modern Western world might rake for granted and consider as self-evident parts of life? Have any of you had any truly weird cultures, ones that don't just have strange quirks and habits but whose way of thinking is fundamentally different from what the players are used to?
>>
>>46349260
The female Twilight in our circle got pretty annoyed when we stayed with the Delzhan.
>>
So last thread someone mentioned about how hilariously vague Craft: (Wood) is, purely because it makes everything organic your purview, from catapults to cake. are there any other non-combat skills that are this ridiculous? And is there a way to exploit this with an Alchie?
>>
>>46349414
Considering that a lot of people want Craft to be a single Ability, I don't think Craft (Wood) being that broad is all that ridiculous in its vagueness.
>>
Are Awareness (Body language) and Performance (King of Kings) acceptable specialties?
First is as in shit like slight shifts in stance and narrowing of eyes in preparation to flee and seeing something, while the other is an attempt to look down upon the world which you own because you're a Solar and it belongs to you and this fucking mongrel thinks she can carve out a kingdom here?
>>
>>46349528
The latter sounds like 'Performance (things I do)'.
>>
>>46349528
Dunno, but I'd totally allow it.
>>
>>46349542
just general performance, then?
>>
>>46349561
You also can't have a Performance speciality of 'Performance'.
>>
>>46349590
No shit Sherlock, as in would it fall under the general Performance skill even on a generic peasant solar exalted #151
>>
>>46349528
I'd question whether Body Language would be a more appropriate specialty on Investigation just to make sure you were getting what you wanted.
>>
>>46349690
Or Socialize.

Reading intentions and what not.
>>
Using Thousand Courtesan Ways, is it possible to use the same social action twice?

The examples TCW lists is stuff like using it for an instill action while reading their intent, or using an inspire action along with some other charm. It doesnt explicitly state you cannot, so could TCW be used alongside an attempt to instill an intimacy of Friendship to also instill an intimacy of Lust at the same time in the same person?
>>
What MA styles would a member of the Immaculate Order be most likely to study, since the actual Dragon Styles haven't been released yet?
>>
>>46349995
Dragon Styles
>>
>>46349995
All the others are heretical or anathema, what sort of monk would sully his hands and mind with such filthy techniques
>>
>>46350283
That's not true at all though.
>>
>>46350455
It actually is true.
>>
>>46350546
Wow, then I guess you sure proved your point.
>>
>>46350575
Actually that was someone else, but explain why they're not
>>
>>46350618
You want me to find where it doesn't say anywhere that they're heretical?
>>
>>46350650
I want you to find me a loyal immaculate that has charms from them.
>>
>>46350618
Anon, you do realize that your argument makes no sense, right? The claim that other martial arts styles are considered heretical or anathema is a claim that needs to be proved, not the default assumption that needs to be disproved.
>>
>>46350673
There's only one book, I couldn't even find a Sidereal with SMA. I certainly couldn't find an immaculate with two Immaculate Martial Arts, let alone others.

That aside, the burden of evidence is on you. Find me a single statement of supporting evidence to your claim.
>>
File: 1425281935745.jpg (473 KB, 1250x1100) Image search: [Google]
1425281935745.jpg
473 KB, 1250x1100
>'Other texts once mentioned the “high styles,” “primordial
masteries” and “spiritually excellent practices.” They referred to the
Celestial styles, more powerful and varied in effect than the Terrestrial
styles. All these manuals and treatises have been destroyed
by the Scarlet Empire over the last millennium or, at the very least,
concealed in the most secret libraries and suppressed. The only
references to the styles that continue to exist mention the “bulb of
the perfected lotus.” Biased experts interpret these as the perfected
styles bestowed upon the Immaculate Order by the Exemplars of
the Elemental Dragons—the Fivefold Dragon Paths.' - MoEP: DB, pg 188

Most celestial styles were officially phased out.

>'There is only one Terrestrial-level martial art offi cially endorsed
and taught by the Immaculate Order: Five-Dragon Style.
Created by the same Immaculate masters who developed the
Five Glorious Dragon Styles' - MoEP:DB, pg 189

This is the only terrestrial style officially endorsed by the Immaculate Order. Until 3e contradicts these, I take it to mean that only Five Dragon Style and the Glorious Dragon Styles are officially endorsed by the Order, but the same book does call attention to Dynasts learning other styles during their time in the military, or traveling around. But nothing really says they're absolute heresy.

>>46350673
Ragara Myrrun, Grandmaster of the Immaculate Order. Scroll of Exalts page 91. He knows Celestial Monkey, Ebon Shadow, Mantis, Jade Mountain and Violet Bier of Sorrows styles, in addition to the Five Glorious Dragon Styles.
>>
>>46350673
I want you to find me a canon Immaculate who has...let's say Geese-Flying-South Administration. You can't? It must be heretical!

More sensibly, Immaculates probably won't have other styles, because they practice Martial Arts not just to kick ass and develop themselves, though these are parts of the reason, but also for religious reasons, and only the Dragon Styles have religious significance to them. This does not imply that other Martial Arts are heretical - though specific styles may well be - just that they're not sacred the way the Dragon Styles are. The other styles are also not literally made for the Dragon-Blooded.
>>
>>46350736
>There's only one book

Oh so you're of the opinion that 2e fluff doesn't exist now? that it's better to play a game in a narrow, poorly defined setting than use existing resources that were perfectly fine 6 months ago to flesh out the world?

Fine, accept your victory oh wise sage.
>>
>>46350758
Terrestrial and Celestial martial arts no longer exist, that fluff is based on a split that no longer exists.

>>46350778
>that it's better to play a game in a narrow, poorly defined setting than use existing resources that were perfectly fine 6 months ago to flesh out the world?
Absolutely. I'd rather a sip of wine than a reservoir of piss.
>>
>>46350801
>Terrestrial and Celestial martial arts no longer exist, that fluff is based on a split that no longer exists.

True, but the styles still do, or will, exist, so that is irrelevant. What does matter is that theres no real proof that the Immaculate order condemns anything outside of their 6 official styles as heresy, since the Grandmaster himself knows a number of them.
>>
>>46350778
Well, >>46350758 shows you a loyal Immaculate with other Martial Arts, as well as a mention of non-Immaculate Dragon-Blooded sometimes learning other MAs without being persecuted as filthy heretics. Also see>>46350763. Also actually reference that 2E fluff to support your points instead of whining about the fluff others use.
>>
Post lewds
>>
>>46350885
No.
>>
>>46349414
Not cake; I'm pretty sure cooking is Water.
>>
File: 1458331858148.png (2 MB, 900x1200) Image search: [Google]
1458331858148.png
2 MB, 900x1200
>>46350885
>>
>>46349528

Body language seems more like a specialty for one of the social abilities. Performance mostly, then socialize. Maybe you want (vs Stealth) instead. King of Kings is much better off as an Intimacy, e.g Principle: Solars are the rightful heirs of Creation. (Defining)
>>
>>46351797
But he doesn't really think that, that kind of thinking's for giant bags of dicks in his opinion.
He just has to deal with DBs a lot because fucking cripes they're everywhere
>>
>>46351823
>He just has to deal with DBs a lot because fucking cripes they're everywhere
I don't quite see why this wold require acting like a King of Kings. That seems like an unusually bad way of dealing with the Dragon-Blooded, if anything.
>>
>>46351823
So why not just have a Specialty for Dragon-Blooded
>>
>>46349938

I'd say no, they'd have to be different actions.
>>
Looking at Evocations, specifically comparing the Leak and Backer versions of Volcano Cutter. What's the latter good for? It only seems like it could only be effectively used either in long, drawn out fights or by spamming Peony Blossom Technique and Invincible Fury of the Dawn.
>>
>>46351823
???
>>
>>46353080
That's a pretty accurate assessment.
>>
What are some good ways to replenish your willpower? Most things that you might actually want to use repeatedly require you spending it.
>>
>>46353105

Shame, in the leak Volcano Cutter was a fighting style unto itself. I guess I understand why it was overhauled, but I think that it's a detriment overall.
>>
>>46353233

Having a cult.

The few Charms that replenish WP.

It's a limited resource on purpose, dawg.

>>46353080

Mostly it's just the mote clause that holds it back; if you could activate Grand Eruption regularly the whole sword gets infinitely scarier.
>>
>>46353233
Willpower Enhancing Spirit and 2 point stunts. Also familiars and some other charms scattered around.
>>46353329
And as this guy says, Cult.
>>
>>46353233
Overcoming a challenge to uphold a major or defining intimacy, sleeping, or reaching a story goal, plus charms and stuff.
It's limited on purpose, invest in a higher cap if you need more to work with.
>>
File: Volcano Cutter Evocations.jpg (85 KB, 700x1143) Image search: [Google]
Volcano Cutter Evocations.jpg
85 KB, 700x1143
>>46353329

Being able to fire off Unblockables out to medium range without an aim action for 10m is kind of OP, yeah. But the sheer apocalyptic power of the leak version really showed off what a 5 dot artefact was meant to be and exactly why entire stories could revolve around one. The synergy between all of the Evocations was pretty cool as well.
>>
So, what does each direction's accent sound like when speaking in the "default language". What does each language sound like?
>>
>>46353551
>default language
????
>>
>>46353587
Think he means Skytongue, Seatongue, etc.
>>
File: 1446435566407.jpg (539 KB, 634x881) Image search: [Google]
1446435566407.jpg
539 KB, 634x881
>>46350885
There's at least one school of thought that would call that criminally disrespectful to the Exalted host. And I do not follow it.
>>
>>46353439
Who needs more to work with? The party face, who does the social stuff?
>>
>>46353759
If your tactic revolves around counter-attacks and being generally very defensive you quickly run out of Willpower. Because deffensive charms require it as readily as offensive ones but the deffensive ones tend to being used repeatedly.
>>
>>46353641
Yeah. Also Common Realmtongue or whatever it's called.
>>
>>46354557
There is no common anything. Everywhere has a different language, though traders tend to use Riverspeak since it's a lingua franca.
>>
>>46354742
I was under the impression realm was the common tongue everywhere. Well regardless, my original question stands.
>>
>>46354810

(High/Low) Realm tongue is Isle business mostly, but everywhere the Realm has influence sees it's use.
>>
>>46353321

All of the backer weapons a shit.

The new versions, where a few ultra-thematic charms show, is infinitely better.

Now if we could do the same for literally every other charm tree we'll be golden.
>>
>>46354810
It's one of the more common languages. Satrapies all along the coast of the inland sea speak Low Realm, and the Dragon-blooded and Satraps speak High Realm.

Traders speak Riverspeak, and that's also the language of most of the Scavenger Lands. Aside from that, the common language is the language of the direction.
>>
File: tumblr_nzbfji6M2t1sazby5o1_1280.jpg (148 KB, 778x999) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nzbfji6M2t1sazby5o1_1280.jpg
148 KB, 778x999
>>46354949
>Now if we could do the same for literally every other charm tree we'll be golden.

You mean just like in 2e, where Dodge and Craft were six Charms apiece, so that every Night and Twilight were basically carbon-copies of each other?
>>
>>46355256

>Implying that bullshit filler charms are worthwhile

Spoilers, they're not.

Dodge was also perfect in 2e. Straight to the point of what it needed to be good and nothing more.
>>
>>46355256
And now Craft is 55. I preffer it vastly when characters are differented by their personalities, backstories and goals within a simple mechanical framework, not by what charms you picked out of hundreads upon hundreads of pointless little mechanical annoyences that just bogg the game down but otherwise are completely indistinguishable because, big shock, charms isn't what makes a character.
>>
>>46355011
I think he was the one asking what the languages sound like.
>>
>>46355450
That's basically up to every table, so I can't help with that. We don't have enough information about the languages.
>>
>>46355470
That's a shame. Linguistics is fascinating, but it's basically not explained at all in canon.
>>
>>46355874
This is true. I wish the RPG market was successful enough for them to hire a linguist to work on a sourcebook.
>>
>>46355965
maybe we could try to theorize?
>>
>>46356043
I'm afraid I'm not knowledgeable enough to start. Your best best is probably just comparing them to a real world culture.
>>
File: 1370821434438.jpg (221 KB, 1032x774) Image search: [Google]
1370821434438.jpg
221 KB, 1032x774
>>46353756
I don't find it criminally insulting, as long as y'all post for all tastes and not just busty naked women.
>>
File: Dawn Caste Fashion 03.jpg (197 KB, 1200x877) Image search: [Google]
Dawn Caste Fashion 03.jpg
197 KB, 1200x877
>>46356625
Being a straight guy, I have decidedly few images of buff, half-naked men. This is larger issue than it appears, as my Dawn Caste is a ripped, redheaded ex-gladiator from the South and I still don't have a good face-claim.
>>
>>46355326
>Dodge was also perfect in 2e. Straight to the point of what it needed to be good and nothing more.

I agree with the second proposition, but I disagree with the first.

In that it indeed contained the absolute minimum to make it good (as in a mechanically sound choice) and nothing else, and thus lacked anything to make it remotely interesting.

Solar Dodge was one of the dullest charmtrees in Ex2. A lot of the Solar charmtrees can boast that claim, too. Whereas Dodge in Ex3 feels like a fighting style in itself, and I could feasably play a character that participates in fights with Dodge and nothing else and it wouldn't feel remotely boring because Dodge now lets you do all sorts of cool shit.

So no, I'm sorry but I don't think it's fair to say Ex2's Solar Dodge was "perfect".
>>
File: VolferIsAlwaysLewd.png (2 MB, 851x850) Image search: [Google]
VolferIsAlwaysLewd.png
2 MB, 851x850
>>46356722
That I can understand. It's just this being 4chan AND an Exalted thread, I'm kind of disappointed to see how pathetically dull and mundane the lewd is.

I mean sexy thin cuties in itsy bitsy armor? Is that really the best /exg/ can do?

That Dawn Caste's abs now, that I can get behind. But is his junk certified by the Empress herself?
>>
>>46356776
>Dodge in Ex3 feels like a fighting style in itself
I can't confirm that, but my favourite fighting style for a Night caste isn't Thrown or Ebon Shadow or even Tiger, it's the one that's hidden in the Stealth tree.

I've got a character concept in mind for a Night caste that would take charms in Tiger style, eventually, but won't at character creation because I decided to spend 11 of my 15 starting charms on Stealth. I honestly see him kicking a lot of ass. False Image Feint, the charm that negates Decisive attacks but still makes your opponent pay the Initiative for them is a particular favourite.

Perfect Shadow Stillness, Easily-Overlooked Presence Method, Blinding Battle Feint, Stalking Wolf Attitude, Mental Invisibility Technique, Shadow Victor’s Repose, Flash-Eyed Killer’s Insight, Hidden Snake Recoil, Vanishing From Mind’s Eye Method, Mind Shroud Meditation, False Image Feint.
>>
>>46357087
False Image Feint's rolling requirements is pretty dumb though, why do you think it's worth it?
Or do you have a decent houserule for it?
I'm playing a stealth supernal and I'd like to know some of your other ideas.
>>
>>46356043
Well the north is a harsh, cold place full of nomadic tribes right? To me that way of life sounds like mongol hordes. But the influence of the pole of air makes me think the language is sorta elegant and flowing. So I guess some sort of mix of Mongolian and French?
>>
>>46357406
I wasn't planning on rerolling anything, I just wanted to take a bunch of stealth charms and was pleasantly surprised with how it went.

What do you have a problem with, prerequisite-wise? Other than the way that Easily-Overlooked Presence Method doesn't really seem to do anything at the moment, nothing jumps out at me.
>>
>>46357561
Their language is runic. I very much doubt French.
>>
>>46357652
Huh?
I was saying that False Image Feint requires the attacker to:
>rolls a combined total of six 1s and 2s across her attack and damage rolls.
That seemed a bit too unlikely to be worth the charm investment and cost.
Do you have different rules for that charm or something?
>>
What are the odds a powerhouse big enough to rival the realm exists somewhere far away in Creation?
>>
>>46357967

The Guild exists. So 1:1?
>>
>>46357772
Ah, I thought you were talking about which charms you needed to take to get FIF, the other kind of requirement.

Six 1s and 2s is something you'd expect to see on a roll of 30 dice or more. Sounds very high, but this is a charm that's used on Decisive attacks and draws from two different rolls. It's true that some opponents will be able to reroll some of those dice (thinking of you, Dawn Melee Guy), but that rarely takes 2s as well, and even more rarely applies to damage rolls.

Not every decisive attack is going to involve rolling over 30 dice across attack and damage, but when one is, and it's targeting you, it's probably going to kill you. The fact that you can turn around and say "not only am I not dead, but I'm hidden AGAIN, and you just lost all that initiative you spent this entire fight accumulating, so now I'm going to crash you and get my initiative back" makes this charm very much worth it to me.

Think of this charm next time someone explains how much damage Shining Point deals. This charm DESTROYS combatants that deal a lot of damage in one attack if they aren't prepared for it.
>>
>>46357987
Something else than the Guild. Something like a nation. What would the Realm's relation be with it? Could it be able to help in the upcoming struggle?
>>
>>46357987
The Guild exists because they don't engage the Realm in direct conflict. They certainly couldn't stand up to the combined might of 15,000 Dragon-blooded and the largest empire in existence in any arena.
>>
>>46358020
It just seems like a very picky and limited use case. I'd rather use other perfect defences or post-hit solutions, but it's fine if you think that's worth it.

What would your playstyle and attack style be?
Do you have enough out of combat uses for stealth that you like?
How do you deal with stealth being more of a solo affair and taking time away from the rest of the circle, or just being without your team?
>>
>>46358050

>What would the Realm's relation be with it?

If they're enough of a nuisance, they could just fire off the Sword of Creation at it. If it's somehow useful to them (or at least not antagonistic) it'll be fine.

>Could it be able to help in the upcoming struggle?

What struggle? The struggle to take down the Realm? Again, Sword of Creation.

>>46358056

>The Guild exists because they don't engage the Realm in direct conflict.

The Guild is also an economic powerhouse spanning the length and with of Creation with enough money to rival the Realm. They don't engage in open conflict because they can't; they're merchants and businessmen.
>>
File: 1455128079419.png (278 KB, 706x412) Image search: [Google]
1455128079419.png
278 KB, 706x412
What's the Sword of Creation?
>>
>>46358195

A WMD superweapon in the Realm (the Imperial Manse specifically, I think) that can target and annihilate any point in Creation. The Scarlet Empresses first act as sovereign was to use it to push back the encroaching Fae and end the Balorian Crusade.
>>
>>46358195
A better name for the Realm Defense Grid.
>>
>>46355450

I imagine its up to your table. At mine at least, only three of them have come up. Skytongue sounds like norse, Seatongue sounds like a polynesian language, and Flametongue sounds like Arabic with a bit of Mongolian mixed in.
>>
>>46357967

So... basically Lookshy and the Confederation of Rivers? While not up to the same tier as the Realm, they've also been able to pretty successfully tell Her Redness to get bent for the last 750 years.
>>
>>46357752
What just because the alphabet is runes it can't sound a different way?
>>
File: batsword.jpg (123 KB, 500x605) Image search: [Google]
batsword.jpg
123 KB, 500x605
I have a bizarre request. I need 3 charms from any book, each of roughly the same length, each as interesting to read. Doesn't matter what they do, but preferably their flavor text wouldn't be similar to each other.

In return, I'll dump art.
>>
In terms of the decisive-only/withering-only keyword, are clash charms offensive or defensive?

That is, if a clash charn is decisive-only, can it only be used against a decisive attack, or must the clash attack generated be decisive? Or both?
>>
>>46360360

Clash charms are offensive. You are attacking your opponent. A decisive only clash charm must make a decisive attack.
>>
>>46358281
I was under the impression that with the Scarlet Empress gone they've lost access to the Sword of Creation.
>>
>>46360526

Not necessarily. But because it hasn't been mentioned in the Core book, we can't really tell for Ex3.
>>
>>46360526
If someone had access to the Sword, they would quickly become the undisputed next Empress.
>>
>>46350283
>>46350455

Just jumping into this argument, I think what >>46350283 is confused about is 2E, where the Elemental Dragon styles were the only CELESTIAL Martial Art styles that the Immaculate Order considered non-heretical. They had no issues with the many different Terrestrial Styles and likely would not be aware of Sidereal Martial Arts (except for /maybe/ Ragara Myrrun)

However, as of 3E, Martial Arts styles are no longer divided into Terrestrial/Celestial styles, so the Realm will most likely not have issues with the different martial arts types as both non-monk DBs and Anathema can learn the same styles. The corebook, thus far, offers no commentary either way and it's probably safest to assume that Monks won't care unless it's something really obviously associated with Anathema specifically.
>>
File: FemaleSuperHeavyPlate5.jpg (325 KB, 719x1000) Image search: [Google]
FemaleSuperHeavyPlate5.jpg
325 KB, 719x1000
>>46357051

Because people don't want to get banned as mods actually pay attention when some shitface who can't handle seeing tits on a blueboard spams reports.

Also the vast majority is straight, and more RPG players tend to be male, so expect tits. Lots of tits. If you want to get your dong on, you'll have to bring your own.
>>
File: dmitry-prozorov-5.jpg (475 KB, 1920x1380) Image search: [Google]
dmitry-prozorov-5.jpg
475 KB, 1920x1380
>>46356722
>a ripped, redheaded ex-gladiator

Oh, anon, let me help!

>I preffer it vastly when characters are differented by their personalities...framework, not by what charms you picked out

Yeah OK, but it was really hard to build two characters with similar Abilities that weren't carbon copies of each other. Only 7-odd Charms each in Bureaucracy, Linguistics, and Ride really limited an Eclipse.

Stealth was *four* Charms.
>>
File: donatoart_redsonjab.jpg (42 KB, 593x800) Image search: [Google]
donatoart_redsonjab.jpg
42 KB, 593x800
>>46356722
>>
File: ThickRedBarbarianWoman.jpg (118 KB, 736x896) Image search: [Google]
ThickRedBarbarianWoman.jpg
118 KB, 736x896
>>46356722
>>
File: RedHeadWithAHammer.jpg (120 KB, 551x1400) Image search: [Google]
RedHeadWithAHammer.jpg
120 KB, 551x1400
>>46363523
>>
File: RedheadBarbarian.png (909 KB, 900x1273) Image search: [Google]
RedheadBarbarian.png
909 KB, 900x1273
>>46363544
>>
>>46356722
>>
File: RedSonja.jpg (204 KB, 1047x1572) Image search: [Google]
RedSonja.jpg
204 KB, 1047x1572
>>46363575
>>
I like the power levels and general feel of the game, but I'm not one for the system, any suggestions for systems I might be able to use instead?
>>
File: RedheadedBarbarian.jpg (1 MB, 1426x2120) Image search: [Google]
RedheadedBarbarian.jpg
1 MB, 1426x2120
>>46363602
>>46363603

Any superhero game. Mutants and Masterminds?
>>
File: RedHeadAssassin.jpg (377 KB, 700x990) Image search: [Google]
RedHeadAssassin.jpg
377 KB, 700x990
>>46363636
>>
>>46363410
>>46363470
>>46363523
>>46363544
>>46363575
>>46363578
>>46363602
>>46363636
>>46363666

So, I really appreciate this. But the character's a guy. I'm sure I'll still be able to make use of them, and others will benefit as well.
>>
File: Valkya.jpg (961 KB, 1080x1527) Image search: [Google]
Valkya.jpg
961 KB, 1080x1527
>>46363666
>>
File: RedheadMonk.jpg (94 KB, 736x1056) Image search: [Google]
RedheadMonk.jpg
94 KB, 736x1056
>>46363695
>>
>>46363728
Hey, that's actually pretty good.
>>
File: BeefyBrawler.jpg (103 KB, 700x673) Image search: [Google]
BeefyBrawler.jpg
103 KB, 700x673
>>46363728
>>
>>46356722
>>
File: utzTCyo.png (200 KB, 490x355) Image search: [Google]
utzTCyo.png
200 KB, 490x355
>>46363695
>But the character's a guy
>>
File: FirefistGrapplerArmor.jpg (94 KB, 736x1082) Image search: [Google]
FirefistGrapplerArmor.jpg
94 KB, 736x1082
>>46363753

I try.
>>
File: ManlySamurai.jpg (257 KB, 600x849) Image search: [Google]
ManlySamurai.jpg
257 KB, 600x849
>>
File: 1458756788737.jpg (2 MB, 1906x2500) Image search: [Google]
1458756788737.jpg
2 MB, 1906x2500
>>
>>46363728
>Lion totem Lunar
>>
>>46363410

>Stealth was *four* Charms.

You're saying this as if it was a con.

You play characters differently by... them being different people. Shocking concept I know.
>>
File: GoldSpiritLunar.png (520 KB, 665x732) Image search: [Google]
GoldSpiritLunar.png
520 KB, 665x732
>>46367097
>>
File: 66769787699271.png (454 KB, 443x750) Image search: [Google]
66769787699271.png
454 KB, 443x750
>>46363603
Maybe Runequest 6e? It's a solid toolkit, but you'll have to do quite a bit of work.
One Roll Engine already has an Exalted hack, though I have some personal disagreements with it.
I know for certain one group used Savage Worlds.

There could be other systems that, I think, have a similar feel, but I don't know any particulars about them - like Barbarians of Lemuria or Adventurer, Conqueror, King.

>>46363695
How about this one then?
>>
File: 1449869596649-1.png (117 KB, 372x351) Image search: [Google]
1449869596649-1.png
117 KB, 372x351
>>46367161
>You play characters differently by...
>them being different people.
>Shocking concept I know.

Well fuck, I have been enlightened by the Grand Panjandrum of Gaming. Time to go burn all my rulebooks and play freeform, now that I understand cops and robbers is the greatest of roleplaying games for having the simplest rules.
>>
>>46367273
Explain the gold spirit part, please.
>>
File: QueenWithSpear.jpg (422 KB, 854x720) Image search: [Google]
QueenWithSpear.jpg
422 KB, 854x720
>>46367651

It's just what I named the pic.
>>
>>46367651
Golden Widow Method messing with anima?
>>
>>46367585
RPG rules are there to keep everyone on the same page as to what the shared imaged space should look like, drive play towards fulfilling decisions, and moderate conflicting agencies.

Which encapsulates the big problems freeform has.

None of these things require a tremendous number of narratively identical but very minutely mechanically diverse variations of "I expend effort to dodge better this one time."
>>
>>46363386
You miss the point, Anon. I don't mind boobs, I don't mind females.

What I mind is when people ask for lewds and only get one type of lewd : "thin big-breasted cuties in itsy-bitsy armor".

There are other options, options that are just as satisfying to het males and gay women, out there and I just find it a pity that y'all would lack imagination to such an extent.

If y'all were posting this and only this >>46367331 whenever someone asked for lewds I'd be saying the same thing.
>>
>>46368472
>None of these things require a tremendous number of narratively identical but very minutely mechanically diverse variations of "I expend effort to dodge better this one time."
I honestly don't think you've actually read Dodge.
>>
>>46368472
>RPG rules are there to keep everyone on the same page as to what the shared imaged space should look like, drive play towards fulfilling decisions, and moderate conflicting agencies, and serve as a source of mechanically-oriented gameplay.

Fixed that for you. Mechanics are in the games because they're necessary. That doesn't mean you *have* to keep them to the strictly necessary level, and can't and should never try to develop them into an enjoyable game system in their own right.

Now if you're not ready to recognize that some people out there enjoy complicated systems with big amounts of variation, we can't do anything for you.
>>
>>46369653
Well, you have to take into accounts the typical expectations and tastes of "common folk". Big boobs, butt and body twisted in an insane way is what speaks to people's penises.
>>
>>46369709
You're kind of missing the point if that's the case though.The point of RPGs is to facilitate storytelling and obtuse mehcanics don't help with that.
>>
>>46367273
You can't trick me, Mr. Raksha.
>>
>>46370005
>The point of RPGs is to facilitate storytelling

Are you seriously saying that is the one and only point of RPGs, and an RPG can't and/or shouldn't have any other points?

You do realize some people enjoy the "game" aspect of RPGs just as much as they do the collaborative storytelling aspect?

I mean I get that you don't, and I suppose your ideal system would best be described as a system that gives everyone the basic necessary tools to make a story coherent and nothing more, but I cannot for the life of me comprehend how that equates to systems that attempt to do more than that being wrong.

Any medium that relies on rules systems will necessarily give birth to systems geared towards the particular tastes of parts of its audience. Video games see new genres appear regularly, with mechanics of varying complexity ranging from text-parser based adventure games to modern DOTA-likes, fighting games and RTS that are enjoyed by the vast majority of their audience on a purely mechanical basis. Board games have always been stupidely diverse, and have somehow managed to still get even stupiderly diverse in the past decade, with system complexity ranging from the very simplest purely socially oriented game to extensive strategy board games with playtimes reaching several days (Republic of Rome is intimidating, but great).

To make a video-games analogy, you kind of sound like a Chineese Room fanboy trying to tell Platinum Character-Action fans why they're playing the wrong video games.

If you want a rules light system that focusses on making collaborative storytelling as easy as possible, and nothing else, stop trying to play Exalted and go find something else.
>>
>>46370201
>Are you seriously saying that is the one and only point of RPGs, and an RPG can't and/or shouldn't have any other points?

I am saying that if the game you're playing doesn't serve that ultimate goal it doesn't matter what else it does.

It's like with food. Ultimately you eat it for calories to sustain your irganism. It doesn't matter how tasty or cheap or any other positive trait the meal has, if it doesn't sustain you, it's failing in being a food. Same thing with RPGs.
>>
>>46370248
So if we stop calling it an RPG, and start calling it 'that fun we're having without you', you'll fuck off?
>>
>>46370248
Even if we assume that the ultimate point of RPGs is facilitating storytelling, that's not their only purpose. Mechanics can be fun in and of themselves, simplest mechanics aren't always the most fun, and, perhaps most importantly, different kinds of games are fun for different people and your fun is no better or more important than anyone else's. Now, if the mechanics of a game were somehow actively detrimental to storytelling, then that would be on crappy game. Not every part of mechanics has to help with storytelling: they just have to serve some purpose and not actually prevent storytelling.
>>
>>46371179
Sure, just don't call me when you starve to death on super-tasty meals that don't sustain you.
>>
>>46371179
>actually, unironically wanting to have fun
Kill yourself.
>>
>>46371282
Here's the point though: over-obtuse mechanics can detract from the ultimate point of RPGs- telling stories. When the game becomes much more about engaging in the mechanics, and not even because those mechanics are there to facilitate stories (and I will admit that in Exalted there ARE mechanics for that, Intimacies being the first thing that comes to mind), but just because it's "fun" for the players, you're not actually acomplishing the goal of an RPG.

And you could argue that the point of RPGs is entertainment but on that we'll have to simply agree to disagree, because I don't believe that. RPGs are for telling stories, and if you're not telling good stories it doesn't matter how much fun you're having.
>>
>>46371289
RPGs are less like food and more like real candy, though. It doesn't matter how nutritious or lacking in nutrition candy is, and it also doesn't matter whether it's sweet or sour, chocolate or salty liquorice or some kind of a fruit candy or something else, and it sure as hell doesn't matter whether the guy standing next to you likes it or not: as long as it tastes good to you, it serves it's purpose admirably.
>>
>>46370248
No, that's not what you were saying. Otherwise why point out obtuse mechanics? Obtuse mechanics might not necessarily help with the stated goal, but they don't necessarily detract from it either. Your post reads clearly implies that anything that does not help with the goal of facilitating storytelling is bad and needs to be done away.

But I'll wager you just weren't clear enough and gladly accept your clarifications. Also you've only responded to the first sentence of my post, so I'll just point out that even under that new metric of yours, your position makes no sense.

Exalted's sytem does not fail in providing you with a system that facilitates collaborative storytelling. It just does that and then some. Just like Devil May Cry doesn't fail in providing you with a basic interactive narrative. It just does that and then some.

If the "and then some" bothers you, play another system/genre, but stop trying to claim that a huge part of RPGs/Video Games out there are badwrongfun because they offer more than a basic system focussed on facilitating storytelling, or because you don't like it when systems try and do more than just that.
>>
>>46371346
Again, the problem is this fundamental disagreement: you, much like most of the people I talk with, believe that the ultimate point of RPGs as a social activity is to have fun.

I have to reiterate, I don't think that's the case. I do not think that the point is to have fun. It's not like a candy because you explicitly eat candies because they're tasty. But they are a subset of food which you consume to stay alive.

RPG isn't candy, RPG is food. And sure, you can look at it as candy but you are diminishing it's true purpose.
>>
Pretty sure this is storyfag-anon, whose been hanging round these threads for months. He's repeatedly made it known that he considers player agency and fun subordinate to the almighty Story.

Just ignore him; eventually he'll give up, go masturbate into a notepad, and call it a novel.
>>
>>46371389
>Exalted's sytem does not fail in providing you with a system that facilitates collaborative storytelling. It just does that and then some.

And I posit that this "some" actually detracts from the point.

Sometimes less is more. I think the game would facilitate storytelling much better if it's mechanics were greatly simplified.
>>
>>46371345
>the ultimate point of RPGs

Can you stop bandying that around as if it's anything but your opinion by the way?

There is no such thing as an absolute, ultimate goal of RPGs. The goal depends on the players, the game, and the GM. If all everybody around the table wants is to roll some dice and have a beer while pretending to be barbarians, then collaborative storytelling is nothing but a tool towards those players' ultimate goal, which is to drink beers and have a good laugh.
>>
>>46371413
It's even worse than that mate, I'm the type of critic that doesn't even write their own stuff, I just sit here and bitch about everything else.

I am cancer incarnate.
>>
>>46371345
Right, but that's a point that's about the 'flaws' of the group that loses sight of that 'ultimate purpose' rather than the mechanics themselves. It's obviously also a point based on a grossly mistaken assumption about the 'point' of RPGs - they're also games, the game aspect matters for its own sake, and if you just want to tell a story you should just tell a damn story - but whatever, we're clearly not going to agree about that.
>>
>>46371345
>RPGs are for telling stories, and if you're not telling good stories it doesn't matter how much fun you're having.

Then you've just got your head stuck up your own arse, know about it, and won't agree to budge.

What the fuck is the point of discussing this with you then?
>>
>>46371441
>Can you stop bandying that around as if it's anything but your opinion by the way?

Never claimed it's anything but, but it doesn't matter, if we cannot agree on that, even for the sake of discussion, we will never reach consensus.

>There is no such thing as an absolute, ultimate goal of RPGs. The goal depends on the players, the game, and the GM. If all everybody around the table wants is to roll some dice and have a beer while pretending to be barbarians, then collaborative storytelling is nothing but a tool towards those players' ultimate goal, which is to drink beers and have a good laugh.

Oh, of course. By all means. Just count me out of that is all.
>>
>>46371345
>>46371393
Oh my god. Could you be any more of a pretentious dipshit? Are you seriously trying to say that the way people who aren't you are having fun is wrong because their fun is less informed and enlightened than yours? I want you to really examine that idea from the perspective of someone is maybe one iota less up their own ass than you are and try and see if you can't understand why that is such a colossally retarded idea. Failing that, please kill yourself at your next available convenience.
>>
>>46371461
We could accept the point for the sake of discussion and try to find out if, even despite that, there is a point to Exalted mechanics, as obtuse as they are, as one of the anons is doing.

Alternatively I can accpet the idea that RPGs is for fun for the sake of the discussion at which point I'll just have to concede that mechanics can be as obtuse as the designers want them to be if that is fun for people playing the game.

But that's a lame discussion.
>>
>>46371432
>I think the game would facilitate storytelling much better if it's mechanics were greatly simplified.

I've already adressed this reponse in the very post it was adressed at :

>If the "and then some" bothers you, play another system/genre, but stop trying to claim that a huge part of RPGs/Video Games out there are badwrongfun because they offer more than a basic system focussed on facilitating storytelling, or because you don't like it when systems try and do more than just that.

You have no right to define what is and what isn't the ultimate goal of RPGs. If the "and then some" bothers you, go play another game.

And stop cherrypicking what you answer to. Either adress posts in full or stop debating.
>>
>>46371471
Okay so let me get this straight.

You can easily conceive of people assembling for a game with another ultimate goal than Collaborative Storytelling for its own sake.

But you cannot concieve that games would be designed that appeal to those players' particular tastes?

Where is the logic in this?
>>
>>46371432
Right, but here's the fundamental core of the matter: all this talk about the true purpose of RPGs is about opinions, not facts. Your opinions are as valid as anyone else's, but not any more valid. There is no objective, ultimate truth to be found here: just opinions. A lot of people disagree with your opinions, including the devs and a lot, probably the vast majority of the fans. There's nothing wrong with the game being made to fit the preferences of people with opinions different than yours. This is not in any way a flaw in the game.
>>
>>46371482
>Are you seriously trying to say that the way people who aren't you are having fun is wrong because their fun is less informed and enlightened than yours?

No. You seem to be assuming that I'm actually playing RPGs for fun, but my fun comes from colaborative storytelling and nothing else. This is a common missconception.

No, I'm playing RPGs to tell stories. Fun is secondary for me. Which yeah, sounds alien to msot people, but that's how I roll.
>>
>>46371509
>You have no right to define what is and what isn't the ultimate goal of RPGs. If the "and then some" bothers you, go play another game.

Which I've been doing successfuly for a decade now thank you very much. I haven't played exalted in a while, when I do I sue Savage Worlds mechanics.

I come to this threads for art and occassional discussion about the setting, which is an amazing mine of inspirations and ideas.

And occassional flamewar. It doesn't get boring.
>>
>>46371544
That does sound weird. When I want to tell stories I generally tell stories, but I guess it takes all kinds.
>>
>>46371535
I CAN but then I'd have to just concede the point that mechanics are fine the way they are if they lead to more fun for players.

And where's the fun in just conceding an argument?
>>
>>46371508
>I can accept the idea that RPGs is for fun for the sake of the discussion

But that's not my point though.

My point is that nobody has a right to decide what RPGs are about for anybody than themselves, and as such, you can't criticize a system that tries to appeal to other people's tastes rather than yours on the basis that it wasn't built for you.

And I'm not here to have an entertaining discussion. You're spouting nonsense, Anon, and I won't let you spout it. That's all there is to that, and if you conceding that your own opinion on the ultimate goals of RPGs doesn't invalidate mechanics that aren't to your tastes means the discussion is over, then it's over.
>>
>>46371537
Well, it's a flaw insofar as it detracts from me using the mechanics designed for this sepcific setting.

But I completely agree that that is subjective.

That said, I'm not alone in this. There's been at least 3 different anons here who were against charm lists being so unnecessarily long and the existance of multiple subsystems.

So it's not like this is JUST my opinion.

And sure, maybe the majority of people enjoy the system the way it is and maybe they can play Exalted to have fun with the mechanics without ever engaging in the goal of telling stories (an idea that, to me, is completely abhorent).

But some of us wished that the game was just... More straight-forward, you know? More simple. So that you can actually focus on stuff that matters, again, to people like me.

That's all there is to it.
>>
>>46371625
So I almost successfully identified your problem there >>46370201

>To make a video-games analogy, you kind of sound like a Chineese Room fanboy trying to tell Platinum Character-Action fans why they're playing the wrong video games.

Except you're actually a Chinese Room fanboy attempting to play through Metal Gear Rising and finding himself bewildered at the fact that he can't just walk around and Enjoy The Art.

It's good because you don't seem to actually be stuck up your own arse. You just had unfounded hopes. Exalted has never pretended to be a rules-light system, and while the Ex3 devs did talk of streamlining, it was only in the context of the overly complicated attack resolution rules, or the combo rules. Your idea that Exalted's new edition would somehow turn out to be a system to your liking is wasn't much more than wishful thinking.

I can understand your frustration at the system, but again, and in all due friendliness, you gain nothing from attempting to undermine the toys of others when you realise you don't like them.

You might find the flame wars entertaining, but I for one find them a pain in the arse, and they're inevitable is you start criticizing a system using a wildly different set of axioms than that of the other people you're discussing the game with.
>>
I´m reading the 3e pdf. It´s my first exposure to the game. About the exalted - Solar, Lunar, Sidereal, Abyssal, Dragon Blood, Liminal and Exigents - I thought I heard that there were more?
>>
>>46371289
Sure thing, I'll call you when I die from enjoying RPGs, you imbecile.
>>
>>46371961

There are.

Some are being kept a secret because, in-universe, almost nobody knows about them and their big reveal is part of their effect (Infernals, Alchemicals).

Others are being kept secret because the writers haven't laid the tracks yet and aren't sure if they want to commit to them (some others that have been rumbled about).
>>
File: 1457379647430.png (122 KB, 439x443) Image search: [Google]
1457379647430.png
122 KB, 439x443
The shit happened in this thread?
>>
File: seriously.jpg (18 KB, 320x320) Image search: [Google]
seriously.jpg
18 KB, 320x320
>>46371776
>you gain nothing from attempting to undermine the toys of others when you realise you don't like them.
>You might find the flame wars entertaining, but I for one find them a pain in the arse
>>
>>46360636

If someone had reliable, unfettered access to the Sword, they would already be the new Empress or Emperor, and there's not a whole lot anyone could do about it. Hell, even if they were an Anathema... actually, especially if they were an Anathema.
>>
>>46374244

Possibly, but putting Anathema on the throne will very likely unite the 11 houses and have them march on the Imperial Palace. Not to mention Sidereal Death Squads and rival Anathema who think that they could do a better job. Are you willing to use the Sword to destroy your own country and kinsmen? What do you do if the enemy is already at the gate and you can't use the sword on them without using it on yourself?
>>
File: FemaleFullPlate2.jpg (50 KB, 706x956) Image search: [Google]
FemaleFullPlate2.jpg
50 KB, 706x956
>>46369653
>What I mind is when people ask for lewds and only get one type of lewd : "thin big-breasted cuties in itsy-bitsy armor".

To be fair, thats what most fantasy art is. No one gives a shit about peoples fetishes, and thats probably a good thing, because we don't need furshit and inflation being tossed around any more than it already is.
>>
>>46374702
>Complains about furshit
>Posts a giraffe
>>
File: Fae5.jpg (510 KB, 530x808) Image search: [Google]
Fae5.jpg
510 KB, 530x808
>>46370174
>>
File: AHipsterSnakegirl.jpg (1 MB, 2000x2000) Image search: [Google]
AHipsterSnakegirl.jpg
1 MB, 2000x2000
>>46371449

Welcome to the internet. It's a really underground thing. You might not have heard of it.
>>
File: FireAspectSorceress.jpg (1018 KB, 1498x2000) Image search: [Google]
FireAspectSorceress.jpg
1018 KB, 1498x2000
>>46374716
>exaggerated proportions?
>in FANTASY artwork
>I better act like a faggot
>that'll show'em

Don't show the guy a comic book, he'll probably die of a sperg fit.
>>
>>46374802
I'm more annoyed by her outfit than her proportions. That shit looks pretty silly.
>>
File: BustyBlueDress.png (2 MB, 1413x1999) Image search: [Google]
BustyBlueDress.png
2 MB, 1413x1999
>>46375033

It's Exalted. Silly outfits are part and parcel of being an Exalt.
>>
>>46375205
I can accept and enjoy ridiculous, unrealistic and exaggerated outfits in Exalted, but silly...eh, it just doesn't work for me.
>>
>>46374802
I'm sorry that your waifu is more animal than person.
>>
File: Lawyer Sid.png (390 KB, 593x517) Image search: [Google]
Lawyer Sid.png
390 KB, 593x517
>>46375205
Baker Twilight and Lawyer Sid dress sensibly though.

I think the silly clothes and giant weapons are a symptom of the same aimless mindset of real life teenagers, with nothing to focus on the just focus on acting out because they're bored.

All the employed Exalts seem to dress more down to earth, whereas the murder-hobos like Jade and Volfer are just acting flashy because they have nothing better to do.
>>
File: DarkSmokingSorceress.jpg (2 MB, 3661x4383) Image search: [Google]
DarkSmokingSorceress.jpg
2 MB, 3661x4383
>>46375306

Thats a possibility. Or it could just be what they got stuck with. Not like many Exalt's get custom fit gear, no, they get 5000 year old hand-me-downs and one of your potential several past lives may have been a huge manwhore.
>>
File: Glorious Solar Plate and Saber.jpg (173 KB, 650x919) Image search: [Google]
Glorious Solar Plate and Saber.jpg
173 KB, 650x919
While we're posting character art. Does anyone have any artefact armour that completely envelopes the wearer but isn't magitech?
>>
>>46371413
Nah, they don't seem like the 13 parry mortal storyfag that destroys anyone with a 1.
I agree that 55 charms is too much, and 4 is too little, but jesus you can compromise to a solid 10 charm tree with no filler and interesting choices.
>>
File: BadAssArmor.jpg (98 KB, 840x1000) Image search: [Google]
BadAssArmor.jpg
98 KB, 840x1000
>>46375431

Thats basically any full suit of armor. Can you be more specific, or?
>>
>>46375355

>Can you be more specific, or?

Wielding axes or casting spells.
>>
>>46375438
Personally I'd prefer most Abilities to have room for various builds. Like, two Melee focused of Craft focused characters being able to have largely different Charms despite focusing on the same Ability strikes me as a good and desirable thing. Charms shouldn't be just filler, but I'll welcome as many Charms as the devs can think of as long as they're distinct enough to justify being their own separate Charms, useful enough to be worth buying to some character that might actually see play, and, of course, thematically and mechanically appropriate for whatever splat is in question.
>>
File: BuffKnight.jpg (259 KB, 800x745) Image search: [Google]
BuffKnight.jpg
259 KB, 800x745
>>46375626
>>
>>46375652
Yeah, I definitely agree in taking more if they have more good charms to give, I think the problem is when they're not good charms, they're poorly written, trivial dicetricks, no flavour, useless speedbumps, or whatever else.
In that case I'd rather we had a number in between with enough room for 2 or 3 solid styles and no filler.
>>
>>46375431
>>
File: a crown for ants.jpg (470 KB, 1400x912) Image search: [Google]
a crown for ants.jpg
470 KB, 1400x912
>>46375747
>>
>>46375355

>they get 5000 year old hand-me-downs and one of your potential several past lives may have been a huge manwhore.
>>
File: dusk.jpg (96 KB, 806x864) Image search: [Google]
dusk.jpg
96 KB, 806x864
>>46375783
>>
>>46375783
This pic is something I've always liked. The woman's outfit looks like a black dress and stockings, only it's metal and actually armor. That's the kind of 'silly' I like in Exalted outfits, as opposed to gaudy armor or clothing with random pieces added or, like >>46374702, with pieces missing.
>>
>>46375813
I chuckled friend.
>>
>>46375813
i must work harder on this. EceptDBs nothing is your's it's someone else's shit you found and is as likely to represent your iconography and themes as much as it's likely to get a perfect circle who caste all 25 abilities with zero overlap
>>
>>46375306
I've never liked the giant weapons either. I don't mind the idea of the Exalted dressing flashily because they're unbound by convention or whatever, but that logic could just as easily mean pyjamas and not shaving. Whatever the logic they come up with, it's clearly really about a certain definition of cool art.
>>
File: FeatherInHerHatArmoredLady.jpg (123 KB, 684x1000) Image search: [Google]
FeatherInHerHatArmoredLady.jpg
123 KB, 684x1000
>>46375874

I've got "sensible" armors as well. I just have more fun with the ridiculous or exotic.
>>
>>46357051
>That Dawn Caste's abs now, that I can get behind. But is his junk certified by the Empress herself?

seeing as no-one knows where she is I doubt it, he just likes to insult Dragon-blooded.
>>
File: GrandFuckingGoremaul.png (599 KB, 985x866) Image search: [Google]
GrandFuckingGoremaul.png
599 KB, 985x866
>>46375988

Hitting people with a sharpened filing cabinent on a stick or a unwieldy mass of Fuck You is always fun though.
>>
File: 1449554892710.jpg (792 KB, 2200x1434) Image search: [Google]
1449554892710.jpg
792 KB, 2200x1434
>>46375932

Pray that your Circles Twilight took craft as a Supernal. Also, between caste and favoured abilities, you can have all 25 abilities favoured, and then some, with only three PCs.

Speaking of crafting, has anyone played a game yet where a player created an artefact?
>>
File: FireAspect4.jpg (644 KB, 1451x1156) Image search: [Google]
FireAspect4.jpg
644 KB, 1451x1156
>>46376050
>>
>>46358710

what would Tree-tongue(AFAIK the south-east got it's own tongue called Tree-tongue) sound like, south-east Asian mixed with pre-Columbian meso-american languages?
>>
>>46375652

And I question why a tree needs multiple ways of doing literally the same thing, that is swording better in case of melee.

To me, the only thing that makes the characters different are literally how they act and personal details (such as intimacies).
>>
>>46376433
Swording better is a massive concept that thousands of years of human civilisation has been dedicated to across the world. And that's just swords, Melee covers all hand-to-hand weapons.
>>
>>46376433
Aesthetics and abilities absolutely are personal details that differentiate characters, though.
>>
>>46376052
I'm OK with it being an option, but I don't like it as a requirement. I'd like to be able to give my character an artifact weapon without having it be so huge. The lightening powers of an artifact (not to be confused with the lightning powers of that artifact) work as an explanation. I'd just rather imagine my characters having something a bit more realistically proportioned.

Not actually realistic, mind. Just smaller than that. Devil May Cry style. I mean, come on, you'd have to carry that hammer everywhere. You couldn't wear it. You couldn't put it on a horse. Even fitting it through a door would be challenging.
>>
>>46375306
she qute as fuck
>>
File: 1456017678584.jpg (116 KB, 719x601) Image search: [Google]
1456017678584.jpg
116 KB, 719x601
>>46376776
Couldn't agree more with reasonable proportioned artifact weapons. Not every Grand Daiklave has to a piss-yellow Buster sword. A single one - or maybe a certain style of them - could be, but that would be the distinct characteristic of that particular weapon.
Then again, I personally detest a lot of the visual tropes, usually considered anime-inspired (even if they are not exclusive to anime).
>>
File: 1456018149657.jpg (287 KB, 1024x576) Image search: [Google]
1456018149657.jpg
287 KB, 1024x576
>>
File: 1456018432605.jpg (629 KB, 1583x3076) Image search: [Google]
1456018432605.jpg
629 KB, 1583x3076
>>46377297
>>
File: 1456026359334.jpg (56 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
1456026359334.jpg
56 KB, 800x600
>>
File: 1372976400755.gif (188 KB, 800x731) Image search: [Google]
1372976400755.gif
188 KB, 800x731
>>
Is the best way to imbue fear into players when meeting an antagonist is solar vs solar/abyssal shenanigans?
>>
File: 1372977705124.jpg (191 KB, 768x1024) Image search: [Google]
1372977705124.jpg
191 KB, 768x1024
Come to think, I have way too many cool-looking real life weapons to dump even a portion of them - but then again, it only serves to prove that real-life ostentatious weapons are almost invariably more attractive and tasteful than overwrought stuff that artist typically come up with,
>>
>>46377398

If you want to scare them, split them up and target weaknesses. Brawlers don't like to be outnumbered, Meleeists don't want to be disarmed, archers don't want you up close, et cetera.

If you can't seperate them, then be careful sending one opponent to fight all of the PCs. If they don't have an onslaught negator, then they'll get crashed and stay crashed. If they do have an onslaught negator, the weaker PCs may not be able to put a dent in him, which won't be fun. If you give him something like Dipping Swallow Defence instead of Fivefold Bulwark Stance then they'll at least be chipping away at his mote pool even if they can't get passed his defence.
>>
File: TheyCallMeKillfuckSoulshitter.jpg (111 KB, 629x606) Image search: [Google]
TheyCallMeKillfuckSoulshitter.jpg
111 KB, 629x606
>>46377398

With something like this.
>>
>>46369653
>What I mind is when people ask for lewds and only get one type of lewd

Sorry man, my taste in pr0nz that won't get me banned from blue boards is pretty limited. You're welcome to post dudes if you have 'em, though. Most of the time good looking men from this thread get cycled into Allies/Retainers/Contacts for my slutty under-dressed Zeniths.
>>
File: ButterflyNearlyNaked.jpg (303 KB, 1024x1449) Image search: [Google]
ButterflyNearlyNaked.jpg
303 KB, 1024x1449
>>46377885
>slutty under-dressed Zeniths

Now thats a fetish I can get behind. Slutty nuns are the best.
>>
>>46377519

Generally a challenging combat encounter requires a boss, a battle group, and a minion to take command actions for the battle group.

The boss ought to have an AoE attack that can be deployed a couple times throughout the encounter, and an onslaught-negator (but preferably one that takes motes to use each time, like Shadow Over Water, not one that is always on, so non-combat PCs still feel like they're helping to chip away at the boss).

The minion always takes command actions, the battle group AoEs everyone. If you want to minimize the time spent rolling, just staple the minion's Initiative to the battlegroup's and assign the battle group some extra attack dice equal to minion's command pool divided by two.
>>
>>46378071
Get that Raksha skank outta here.
>>
File: 1411401151579.jpg (900 KB, 900x1273) Image search: [Google]
1411401151579.jpg
900 KB, 900x1273
>>46378172
She could be a Zenith, man. Note the lack of pointy, non decorative ears!
>>
File: tian-zi-.jpg (605 KB, 1920x1069) Image search: [Google]
tian-zi-.jpg
605 KB, 1920x1069
>>46378159

Environmental effects are also good add-ons, whether it's a Flight of the Brilliant Raptor that sets the whole battlefield on fire, or rising acid tides. Most combat-optimized PCs don't spend a lot of time thinking about what happens if they're in deep fog against echo-locating monsters or struggling to breathe amid noxious fumes as the golden golems of Denandsor try to crush them underfoot. It's a good way to level the playing field once in a while, and reward PCs who invest in Survival, Medicine, or whatever oddball Ability can be stunted against it.

>>46378234

Pointy ears could just be Fae-blooded. Pls no witch hunt. ;_;
>>
File: mioree-silas-sall.jpg (115 KB, 593x839) Image search: [Google]
mioree-silas-sall.jpg
115 KB, 593x839
>>46378234
>>46378300
Tangential related question: is there anywhere canonically in Exalted where people have pointy ears? Because if so, that opens up a lot of art that could be used for (N)PCs.
>>
File: kiCWfyO.jpg (171 KB, 810x1410) Image search: [Google]
kiCWfyO.jpg
171 KB, 810x1410
Flowing Mind Prana at work.
>>
File: tumblr_nlozk14VQZ1tv3g49o1_1280.jpg (129 KB, 650x987) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nlozk14VQZ1tv3g49o1_1280.jpg
129 KB, 650x987
>>46378440

As you get closer to the Wyld, more and more settlements will have supernatural merits. It's only inevitable that one of them will have Enhanced Sense (Hearing).
>>
File: DeliciousBrownArcher2.jpg (279 KB, 821x1146) Image search: [Google]
DeliciousBrownArcher2.jpg
279 KB, 821x1146
Samurai Showdown priestess is best priestess.
>>
>>46378548
So no canonical locations, then? Bummer.

Unrelated: planning on getting Ephemeral Induction Technique to spawn a little pantheon for my small dominion in the Hundred Kingdoms. It's a teensy little country full of farmers and not much else, enclosed in a valley. Anybody got ideas for cool agricultural god(desse)s? I'm thinking of making a little divine family to serve as exemplars of good filial behavior.
>>
File: 18dxmaj2d824tjpg.jpg (64 KB, 300x381) Image search: [Google]
18dxmaj2d824tjpg.jpg
64 KB, 300x381
>>46378548
Of course. But that's probably how they are going to look like.
>>
New KS update. It might be out next week? Now taking bets on it being delayed even further.
>>
File: BustyAndColorful.jpg (630 KB, 999x696) Image search: [Google]
BustyAndColorful.jpg
630 KB, 999x696
>>46379111

I said upon announcement of Ex3 that it was gonna be out 2016-2017. I said it as a joke.

I'm not laughing anymore. It's gonna be delayed, probably slated for a Dec. 29th 2017 release or something.
>>
>>46378835
>So no canonical locations, then? Bummer.

More the opposite. Like in Asian mythology in general, "pointed ears" is just SUCH a generic "this person is touched by the supernatural" signal that it becomes background radiation.

Demons, Raksha, gods, elementals, godbloods, wyld mutants, some rando fuckhead who supped from the wrong spring, etc., are all people who could just have pointed ears just because.
>>
>>46379111
They're not going to change anything but formatting and nerfing Mist of Eventitde because it triggered people, who cares abut the full release
>>
>>46379190

With the full release they can actually move on to the other books. How long has it been since the first leak anyway?
>>
File: AutokunHaet.jpg (41 KB, 421x412) Image search: [Google]
AutokunHaet.jpg
41 KB, 421x412
>>46379258
>other books

At the rate they work the whole thing is going to fail. It ain't gonna sell enough copies to even fund a 2nd book.

This is it, guys. This is going to be the entirety of 3E. Exalted dies with this core book. Screenshot this.
>>
>>46379258
>Avatar came out 9 years ago

Memes have no time limit
>>
>>46377885
Man now I feel bad with all these anons apologising.

And it's even worse because I just hoped someone would react by posting a lot of the kind of stuff I'm after. See I'm just as short on the stuff as y'all seem to be.

Damn you 4chan, why must you fail me so?
>>
>>46379322

Speaking of which, can anyone find those images of Ashton Kutcher from That 70's show? You know the ones.
>>
File: Zenith.jpg (1 MB, 2600x3000) Image search: [Google]
Zenith.jpg
1 MB, 2600x3000
>>46379489

What kind of stuff do you want? I usually dump a looooot of shit, but whether I have anything you personally might like could be a crapshoot.
>>
>>46379587
>What Fire Has Wrought will come out this year
>>
>>46379606
Anything that doesn't look like a twig and doesn't pose like a pornstar is good!

Actually there's already been a bunch of nice pics posted. D'you have some males too maybe?
>>
File: APrettyboyKnightOnHorse.png (2 MB, 1140x1600) Image search: [Google]
APrettyboyKnightOnHorse.png
2 MB, 1140x1600
>>46379890
>>
File: ADFOMaleNenResized.png (1 MB, 1200x2032) Image search: [Google]
ADFOMaleNenResized.png
1 MB, 1200x2032
>>46380041
>>
File: BlueSwordsman.png (612 KB, 500x809) Image search: [Google]
BlueSwordsman.png
612 KB, 500x809
>>46380070
>>
File: BlueHairSmilingMan.jpg (2 MB, 1604x1586) Image search: [Google]
BlueHairSmilingMan.jpg
2 MB, 1604x1586
>>46380115
>>
File: MuscleArmor.jpg (104 KB, 600x849) Image search: [Google]
MuscleArmor.jpg
104 KB, 600x849
>>46380138
>>
File: BandagedMAistNoLogo.png (1 MB, 1000x1493) Image search: [Google]
BandagedMAistNoLogo.png
1 MB, 1000x1493
>>46380152
>>
File: KillikSC2.jpg (339 KB, 1200x1200) Image search: [Google]
KillikSC2.jpg
339 KB, 1200x1200
>>46380178
>>
File: Come On And Slam.jpg (100 KB, 500x346) Image search: [Google]
Come On And Slam.jpg
100 KB, 500x346
>>46380041
>>46380070
>>46380115
>>46380138
>>46380152
>>46380178
>>
File: WinterSolar.jpg (175 KB, 736x1061) Image search: [Google]
WinterSolar.jpg
175 KB, 736x1061
>>46380200
>>46380204

I totally am missing the context here.
>>
File: Nobleman.png (1 MB, 707x1000) Image search: [Google]
Nobleman.png
1 MB, 707x1000
>>46380239
>>
File: Sabertooth.jpg (436 KB, 1280x1989) Image search: [Google]
Sabertooth.jpg
436 KB, 1280x1989
>>46380239
SSSSOOOLLLAAARRRR

EXALTED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
>>
File: ArmoredRedheadMan.jpg (181 KB, 849x965) Image search: [Google]
ArmoredRedheadMan.jpg
181 KB, 849x965
>>46380262
>>
File: GlassesSamurai.jpg (227 KB, 737x1041) Image search: [Google]
GlassesSamurai.jpg
227 KB, 737x1041
>>46380295
>>46380291
>>
>>46380152
This armor is both ridiculous and great.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 118

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.