[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Weekend Quest Discussion
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1
File: 1458961661292.gif (378 KB, 700x704) Image search: [Google]
1458961661292.gif
378 KB, 700x704
This is a thread created for the discussion of Quest threads, as well as sharing of advice and guidance for aspiring or current QM's. Posters looking for advice on tabletop games should look elsewhere.

Please do not shitpost, and please report any shit posters attempting to derail discussion or cause strife. This means avoiding tripfag drama or discussion about subjects such as 'make a board for quests'.

Useful links: http://pastebin.com/p43nAY7b
This link contains numerous writing guides, general advice, and various quest tools and communities.

https://twitter.com/Eisenstern/lists/quest-runner-directory
This is a directory containing the tweets of many current QM's. While a twitter is by no means mandatory, it is a useful tool for both you and your players. It appears that the person running this directory is no longer adding people; a new directory may be made soon.

> QM question
What's the hardest part of QMing?

> Player question
What will make you drop a quest instantly?
>>
>>46348927
Its.....wednesday....right?
>>
>>46349011
Maybe where you live.

it's also not really the weekend here either.
>>
>>46349011
It's the weekend for someone somewhere.
>>
>>46349020
I might be a bit ignorant but i think the max time difference between any 2 countries is 25 hours, so its not weekend anywhere yet
>>
>>46349068
Ya I'm pretty sure you're correct. I'm not complaining or anything, I like these threads.

Also I'm gonna be running my first thread of a quest today so I can appreciate a little bit of discussion and advice.
>>
I want to run a quest, but I'm terrified that I'm gonna make the thread and nobody's gonna notice/care. I don't want my quest dying before its even begun. What time of the day to quest threads get the most attention?
>>
>>46349489
If it's not interesting it doesn't matter what time you start. You just have to make something people want to see
>>
>>46349312
Whats the quest?

>>46349489
Again whats the quest? And i dont know about your local time but for me the best time to runs about 8-9 which is in about 4-5 hours from now, thats when they seem to get the most traffic because they run through a time which is good for eu fags and amerifags can usually come in half way if you run for a good length of time
>>
>>46348927
It's not the weekend fagatron.
>>
>>46349721

>>46349312 here

Running a quest where the MC is joining a branch of the church that hunts and kills monsters. The monsters are former humans who have turned away from the religion and slowly transformed.

I've decided to not dump exposition on the players though, so the first thread will pretty much just be: "You have been dumped in the woods alone. Survive for a few days while monsters come after you."

I'm really nervous, but I'm also kind of excited.
>>
>>46349801
The name I'm going with if I can't come up with something better in the next few hours is "Beast Hunter Quest" though I'm not a huge fan of that.
>>
>>46349721
I'm thinking of running a quest where the MC is a Ravnican Guildmage.
The magic system from the quest is unique, as any card from the CCG can be cast in the quest with effects similar to the power of the card.
>>
>>46349837
>>46349801
Beast Hunter was the first name I came up with for your idea too.
I changed my rendition-to-be into Sacrificer Quest, with a semi-contractual focus and some other odd stuff.

I think BH fits good, and simple is best. If you want to get creative you can try thesaurusing all potential amalgams related to beast, hunter, monster, in relation to churches, sanctuaries, whatever holy titles exist in your setting, etc.

Also, glad you seem to be going with the 'Then make them kill it.' method.
>>
>>46349801
Better do it quick, cause I'm running that same quest at 1:00 EST sharp :^)
>>
>>46350064
>>46349801
Also, don't think I'll wait too much longer before running mine. If it ain't today then it's tomorrow, so no slacking!
>>
We already have one of these.
>>46342998
>>
>>46350064
Cool! Im actually really excited to see what you do with it.

On a side note, I'm terrible with names, what are people's thoughts on using a real world dieties name in an original setting? Is it okay or does it scream lazy writing?
>>
>>46348927
Trying to maintain consistent quality
>>
>>46350253
Here,
>>46350302
May as well just keep this going in the senior thread.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.