[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Adventures with only one character/player. What adventures
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 2
File: 0c82SCx.jpg (28 KB, 960x509) Image search: [Google]
0c82SCx.jpg
28 KB, 960x509
>Adventures with only one character/player.

What adventures are possible?
>>
A journey...to the game store. For more players.

Or ERP.
>>
>>46348786
World Conquest. Any decent Villain can take over the world single handedly... you know, by making his NPC minions do it. Don't have need for any weak partners/competition/backstabber.
>>
>>46348786
Lone mercenary/bounty hunter/adventurer just doing what he wants or deems worth doing
>>
Yojimbo. Lonely wanderer, shit like that. Or some kind noir scenario with detective trying to solve crime.
>>
>>46348786

>one player
>one GM

The best adventure. Sex.
>>
>>46348786

Dating sims.
>>
>>46348786
All adventures.
>>
>>46348816
>or
>>
>>46348786
Somthing like frodo and sam going to mordor. 1PC with 1DMPCs and an NPC giving them directions.
>>
>>46349679
Not the typical D&D campaign.
>>
>>46350852
Let the player control companions in combat, or just adjust the encounters. You can still go dungeoneering.
>>
Adjust encounters, encourage the PC to be a vocal leader when it comes to directing his companions/hirelings in battle if there are any.

As for adventures you'd run, you could do a more social adventure that'd be more focused on puzzles/information. OR you could go all out, and make some sort of epic that would incorporate great feats (start the character at a higher level) sort of like Odysseus.
>>
>>46348786
Any

Either scale the scope down to more personal levels with a smaller focus on the number of actors.
When it comes to combat don't create warbands, but rather lone assassins, or a pair of thugs at a door.
Allow for non combat resolutions (running away, talking, getting help from guards, etc).

Alternatively fill in missing PC roles with npcs
>>
>>46348786
>Adventures with only one character
Everyone is John
>Adventures with only one player.
Monophobia
>>
>6 DMs and 1 player
Could it work?
>>
>>46351912
a council of DMs would never agree on anything.
>>
>>46348786
chosen one, or antichrist.
>>
Any adventure when the player makes a lone wolf type character.
>>
>>46348786
Pocket-pool
>>
>>46351948
I disagree.
>>
>>46351912
Counsel of DMs that act as the equivalent as 6 different deities, and it is the 1 PCs job to court the favor of the DMs to form alliances and to pit them against each other to gain a favorable outcome.
>>
>>46352532
Now that is an interesting game.

Very meta in fact as the lines are blurred between Player and GM.
>>
>>46351948
That's wrong and you're a shit DM Drew!
>>
>>46349022
>>46348982
Yessss
I let a couple of my players enter the campaign through 1-on-1 prologues, and this is the best way
>>
>>46348816
ERP?
>>
File: photo-original.jpg (510 KB, 1536x1152) Image search: [Google]
photo-original.jpg
510 KB, 1536x1152
>>46352375
Pic related?
>>
>>46354548
>lone wolf
>three people in the picture
>none of them are wolves
>>
>>46348786
if you jump through some hoops you can do this for dnd. Let the player be a gestalt character and pick up a companion and/or a hireling.
>>
>>46352532
So it's reverse Paranoia?
>>
>>46351912
needs to be an odd number so we can settle things with votes.
>>
>>46352532
Man I'm writing this down.
I can feel cogs spinnin' n' shit, there's serious potential here.

It's deep and simple enough to win an award or something.
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.