[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why is it so best? Non-caster peasants need not respond.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2
File: best edition.jpg (33 KB, 418x550) Image search: [Google]
best edition.jpg
33 KB, 418x550
Why is it so best?

Non-caster peasants need not respond.
>>
It's good for over the top stuff and everyone going in is powergaming, including the DM. Only reason to still play it. Other than that it's pretty shit for vanilla flavor D&D.
>>
It's good for non-casters too, if you're using Tome of Battle (ie if the DM isn't a retard).
>>
>>46346396
Just about everyone still playing 3.5 these days allows it at least. Now psionics, on the other hand, still triggers DMs for some reason.
>>
>>46346421
psionics is so stupid
>>
>>46346300
I love 3.5, only because of the sheer amount of information and splatbooks available for it. So much nice, fun stuff to read and keep your imagination flowing.
>>
>>46346421
>Just about everyone still playing 3.5 these days allows it at least.
I wish this was true, but it's not. Of the two 3.5 campaigns I've played this decade, one was core-only, and the other had a DM who thought I was joking when I said I wanted to play a crusader. Then when I told him I wasn't, he told me that they're too good because they're more powerful than a fighter, but I could play one without any maneuvers. I played a cleric instead.
>>
>>46346300
Relatively large playerbase. That's it.
>>
>>46346341
/thread
>>
>>46346300
It's the least-bad edition of D&D, for what that's worth.
>>
>>46346556
but that's not a 4e book anon
>>
File: Howaboutno.jpg (152 KB, 592x715) Image search: [Google]
Howaboutno.jpg
152 KB, 592x715
>>46346300
>>
2E best.
>>
Solid base rules and verisimilitude. It has a good foundation which is why the house built on it is still standing no matter what bullshit people nail onto it.
>>
>>46347542
>low numbers are good, except when they're not
>only rogues can hear noises

Seriously though, I kind of want to play 2e. It's too bad no one else does.
>>
>>46347649
With houserules, it's legit the best I've ever played. Classes feel like they mean something, combat is dangerous, and no one gives a fuck about your backstory because the dungeon we just entered is literally a fucking meatgrinder and I don't have time for your half-elf shit right now.
>>
>>46346300
It's great for theory crafting. It's comically terrible at everything else but man, you can spend an evening at the game table just making up broken bullshit with your friends and have lots of fun.
>>
>>46346300

Cause Americans love games which just ignores the metric system and need half a dozen books to be playable?
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.