[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How are half orcs treated in your campaign in predominantly human
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 19
File: image.jpg (101 KB, 683x800) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
101 KB, 683x800
How are half orcs treated in your campaign in predominantly human society's?
>>
File: Christ-chan Prayer.jpg (370 KB, 850x1607) Image search: [Google]
Christ-chan Prayer.jpg
370 KB, 850x1607
>>46345043
They're seen as mistakes. If they joined the Church as servants, they will be absolved of their inheritance sin and treated normally. The Grey Trickster is ancestor-god of orcs and why humans have disdain for them.
>>
>>46345043
Second class citizens at best. Mostly like the untouchables of India or burakumin of Japan.

Exceptionally accomplished ones (usually members of religious or military orders) always have their accomplishments punctuated with their heritage, they did good for a half-orc.
>>
>>46345043
They don't exist in my setting
>>
File: 1457596785603.jpg (199 KB, 900x1186) Image search: [Google]
1457596785603.jpg
199 KB, 900x1186
>>46345043
Better than most humans actually. Orcs have a sprawling empire not unlike the Mongols. The human kingdoms have been occupied and subjugated by their elven neighbors for a couple of centuries and their population has gone through holocaust style purging keeping their numbers down. Only recently have humans started to bounce back, but they are treated as second class citizens in their own homelands.

Orcs in my setting don't really make a distinction between "pure-bloods" and non, they are all referred to as orcs.

If you're a half orc, at least you're not at the bottom of the totem pole.
>>
File: [yes intensifies].gif (1017 KB, 300x225) Image search: [Google]
[yes intensifies].gif
1017 KB, 300x225
>>46345043
>tfw I play with the whfb setting and don't have to deal with orc rape shit

It ruins otherwise great elf hentai too
>>
File: image.jpg (16 KB, 236x184) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
16 KB, 236x184
How do you guys feel about half orcs in a cooks/bakers guild.
>>
>>46345372
Ruin great elf hentai?

Has Warhammer Fantasy been that dead, to the point where we forgot the Lord of Rape and his favorite dish of souls (Elfs)?
>>
>>46345043
They're pretty well liked. Most half-orcs are the children of a human bard and a female orc, and they tend to inherit their fathers' charisma.
>>
>>46345538
Well, they'd be useful for tenderising the meat, beating the octopus, killing the chicken
>>
File: 1455226191602.jpg (19 KB, 387x468) Image search: [Google]
1455226191602.jpg
19 KB, 387x468
>>46346090
>tfw read this as "killing the children"
>>
File: 1442073012573.png (363 KB, 605x800) Image search: [Google]
1442073012573.png
363 KB, 605x800
>>46345949
>You will never woo a beefy orc woman with your wit, charm, and gods blessed voice.
>She will never make you take part in her marriage ritual as you make love.>
>You will never make adorable green babies with her.
>>
File: ogre.png (386 KB, 700x498) Image search: [Google]
ogre.png
386 KB, 700x498
>>46345043
>>46345043
The Orcs of my world are a really expansive race that most civilizations fucking loath simply because they push borders in just about every direction. Half-orcs in the human kingdom of Rennaria however are treated not terribly, but not as equals. The King passed a law of inclusion that forbade their killing, and allowed them to serve in the military, where their strength comes in handy. Otherwise they're more or less treated like blacks in the 60s.
>>
File: French Soldier.jpg (352 KB, 900x626) Image search: [Google]
French Soldier.jpg
352 KB, 900x626
>>46345043
Closest and most reliable allies. Trade, joint military actions, intermarriage and immigration/emigration goes back and forth.

The Orcish "freelands" are a set of about 30 or so Cantons, ranging in size from fortified moons to entire systems. They each provide their own "militia," though given orcish society's strong sense of duty to ones clan, those militias are easily the equal to any other powers full on military. Each Canton answers to a Magistrate, with said leaders appointed by various means and meeting yearly via video-conference, and once every 10 years in person on their original homeworld.

Humans were once a large, almost monolithic star empire, but were shattered repelling extra-galactic invaders 700 years ago, destroying their empire, ravaging their society, and decimating their population, though the Great Enemy was defeated in the end. Now humans exist in a loosely governed league of worlds, moons and border colonies. A highly professional Navy and Army exist, but it is very small, especially compared to humanity's former military might. While their ships and equipment aren't the most advanced anymore, their tenacity, skill, discipline and amazing logistical support makes them a force to be reckoned with.
>>
As most orcs encountered are outcasts and criminals from orc society, the halfbreeds are looked with mixed pity and disgust, they aren't hated but often seen as dumb and slow witted, when they are just as smart as humans
>>
No human nor elf has ever successfully breeded with an orc.

And believe me, many have tried.
>>
Niggers.
>>
>>46346686
Humanity/Half-orkity fuck yea?
>>
Orcs and humans covet each other like nothing else. Eventually both races will be bred completely out of existence, replaced by a fully hybridized new species. Even though both races recognize the attractiveness of the other, not all are happy with this prospect.
>>
>>46345043
>predominantly human society's
>having species-segregated societies
>>
>>46345043

Humans kill them on sight, as children, because they're all rape-babies who should never have been born. Orcs treat them as cannon fodder or slaves.

Basically, if you're a half-orc, you're dead meat.
>>
>>46345043
In mostly human societies that are in proximity to orcish societies, they're seen as basically the same as any other people. Some may prefer them over pure orcs for their more human features or less saturated skin color, but that's personal preference.

Outside of those communities, they're immediately obvious outsiders, and the more xenophobic communities might have some serious prejudices against them.

In my next setting, I'm going to do away with pure orcs altogether and make half-orcs the standard orc race, because orcish light sensitivity is the most retarded thing. I'll probably also dispose of half elves, because they're utterly useless. Babies are now whatever their father or mother was, determined by the first coinflip, gender by the second.
>>
>>46345538
>best bbq in the seven planes
>>
>>46345095

I like this idea.

If you basically have a medieval setting, then there is no reason why racism should be predominant in a feudal society (even though tensions would exist if orcs are basically barbarian rape machines).

A powerful church could take then the half-orcs as their property with the excuse that they would need to work towards salvation with regards to their orc parents (since all orcs are damned according to them).

It's kinda like how emperor Titus who took the Jews as his property.
>>
>>46346809
unprotected sex without consequences
>>
>>46348572
O R C P U S S Y
>>
File: Orcs.jpg (58 KB, 750x600) Image search: [Google]
Orcs.jpg
58 KB, 750x600
>>46348742
Delicious green pussy. Delicious green pea-ness.
>>
In one of my homebrew worlds that I actually got players to play for 6 months in, most of the human kingdoms have surprisingly little experience with orcs, so they would be rather mysterious. Only human traders and some parts of a hermit kingdom would identify a half orc on sight.

However, if people figure out that you -are- a half orc? Usually they look at them with pity and nervousness, like a leper (non-contagious), someone with schizophrenia or some sort of psychosis, or a left-handed child with 'queer, foreign' features.

In my weird, edgy, started-in-highschool,-continue-when-drunk setting, they are seen as dangerous beatniks since they have a culture of extreme solipsism mixed with hedonism/nihilism in groups. They as a whole are of average wisdom and actually have put a lot of thought into this based on what they know of their world.
>>
>>46345538
Supreme Panlord Burghbrumph II, the 5-evenstar chef of the avant-garde restaurant "Stormlord's," is a credit to his people and his kingdom.
>>
>>46348035
>halforc movement trying to achieve a masterrace
Yes
>>
We need more QT Orcs of both genders, STAT
>>
>>46345043
No predominantly human societies left in my setting.
They stuck their dicks in or opened their legs to every other race and now finding a "pure" human is relatively rare.
Most races uses the diluted half-humans as buffers, diplomats and for other tasks that require social adaptability and moral flexibility that they, as a culture, would rather not have.
The Orc Khanate uses Half-orc as heralds, ambassadors and managers of slave stock. Nothing prevents a half blood from achieving glory and authority by meritorious service, but they tend to start near the bottom of the social ladder, being better than non-orc freed citizens, but less than pure bloods. The Khanate is fond of appointing Half-orc to govern or advise governors for newly conquered people's, both as a test of racial loyalty and the provide a disposable buffer/scapegoat if there is a revolt, ect.
>>
>>46345043
They are very woodsy folk who tend to live in communes and do much in the way of difficult manual labor and mercenary work. Humans tend to be wary of orcs due to seeing them as harsh and emotionless when in reality most orcs are just quiet, tend to speak only when necessary, and think about what they are going to say thoroughly before they open their mouths.

Honestly if my setting was moved forward in time to a modern era Orcs would probably be great (if slow) negotiators who would excel in legal professions and management.
>>
In the setting I play my games in, the population of half elves and half orcs is large enough to have their own territory. and the culture around race mixing isn't restrictive enough that while no one has to worry that their half elf baby will be lynched, it is uncommon enough that outside of travelers or mixed communities you wont see a half anything that isn't part of transient population outside of the half territory.
>>
>>46345043
Orcs and humans can't interbreed in my setting.

But Orcs aren't really any more of second class citizens than blacks in America today. Which is to say not really.
>>
>>46351945
Making a modern version of your session is always a fun exercise. What's your setting likr, and how would it change?
>>
File: 1418657877092.jpg (166 KB, 807x989) Image search: [Google]
1418657877092.jpg
166 KB, 807x989
Orks a shit, Bugbear's where it's at.
>>
Poorly. Orcs are a profane thing born by Orcus. This corruption is seeded into their kind and all it touches. A half-orc in human society is often the result of a woman entertaining a mercenary group or a small war party of orcs. When this results in a half-orc the child is raised human but often mistreated by peers, which leads them often into the path of work of their father.
>>
>>46351846
>of both genders

Don't you know, anon? Male things are always ugly and monsterous, while female things are always beautiful and almost perfectly human.
>>
File: file.png (365 KB, 640x512) Image search: [Google]
file.png
365 KB, 640x512
>>46352872
Just for you.
>>
File: download (1).jpg (7 KB, 259x194) Image search: [Google]
download (1).jpg
7 KB, 259x194
>>46352872
>>
>>46352950
>>46353004
Come on guys, it's more a joke about MMO design choices, which in some ways carries back to TTRPGs.
>>
>>46351846
>>
>>46352950
Dat sexual dimorphism.
>>
File: image_6.jpg (35 KB, 798x1000) Image search: [Google]
image_6.jpg
35 KB, 798x1000
>>46353061
>>46353061
>>
File: 1442067429966.jpg (107 KB, 736x1144) Image search: [Google]
1442067429966.jpg
107 KB, 736x1144
>>46353113
>>
File: 1442067257183.jpg (110 KB, 666x1098) Image search: [Google]
1442067257183.jpg
110 KB, 666x1098
>>46353133
>>
File: orc_monk.jpg (124 KB, 801x996) Image search: [Google]
orc_monk.jpg
124 KB, 801x996
>>46353279
For some reason I only have pictures of female orcs in my folder, which is weird because I'm bisexual.

Sorry anon.
>>
>>46345043
Halfbreeds are almost always stillborn, and the ones that aren't tend to be seriously fucked in the head.

So far the only halfbreeds we've encountered in our campaign were an elf/human who was batshit insane (and possibly immortal), a orc/human serial killer and an elf/orc halfbreed who was just a baby so we don't know how messed up she's going to end up, but the party moralfag made it a priority to put her in a good home in the hope that she'll be ok.
>>
>>46353372
I want an orc girl to train me in the ways of meditation. non sexually.
>>
>>46345945
>Ruin great elf hentai?
Most well drawn hentai of elves involves them either being cucked or raped by pigmen
>>
>>46353617
There's some pretty decent non-rapey elf/human stuff out there, but yeah it's definitely a minority.
>>
>>46345043
Half orcs are sterile so nobody wants to marry off their child to one, but they're otherwise treated relatively well by humans in the western countries.

They've had a history of cooperation with orcs ever since a human POW lied and said he was the human king (the real king had recently died in battle along with his last remaining heirs) and challenged the orc chief to a duel and shot him in the head. The orcs thought he was blessed by their thunder god Dakka and declared him the king of orcs and humans. The humans were in no position to argue because orcs are scary.

He turned out to be a very good king and freed the prisoners and enlightened the orcs and discovered some ooga booga islander shamans that raised straw constructs to help around the village and stole their idea but made them out of wood and metal and used them as workers and this made the country very very rich.

Then he died of natural causes without an heir and the country reformed into an oligarchical republic ruled by the richest rich people around and the orcs that lived in the eastern orc colonies didn't like this and wanted to go back to warlords and pillaging so they declared independence and started fucking with the eastern countries again while the western orcs back in their old homeland decided that humans were pretty cool guys and stayed with them.

So humans and orcs and half orcs get along pretty well but it doesn't really matter anymore because those constructs developed souls and revolted so now the only humans left in the area that control their own land are the ooga booga islanders that make their constructs out of straw.
>>
>>
>>46354265
Ummm

S-sauce?
>>
>>46355199
Reverse image search.
>>
>>46355374
I'm on mobile.
>>
In the setting I've been running for a few months, Orcs originally cross-bred with other races to integrate and survive to keep up with the change of times. There was some historical shenanigans in the lore with a Half-Orc character trying to show the greener side of his blood isn't so bad to the humans and elves.

One Half-Orc NPC in particular that has some relevance in the Tiefling Warlock's backstory is secretly a Monk who became a doctor, and taught the Tiefling the arts of medicine. Now, the Half-Orc doctor is back to teach the Tiefling the art of punching people really hard.
Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 19

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.