[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Warcraft Lore and RPG Discussion
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 46
File: wowx4-artwork-127-full.jpg (566 KB, 935x1200) Image search: [Google]
wowx4-artwork-127-full.jpg
566 KB, 935x1200
Discuss the viability of the Warcraft universe as a tabletop RPG setting. Have fun and be nice!

>Previous thread:
>>46286544
>>
>Pandaren punching sharks edition
I would like to play a troll-only campaign in Stranglethorn Vale with lots of infighting, intrigue, and headhunting.
>>
I suppose this is a good place to ask, but why? I love the setting as much if not more than the next person, having been a young faggot that was raised on WC3 and was on Vanilla Day 1 with my Collector's Edition. But Blizzard clearly doesn't give a shit about this setting anymore, and the longer it goes on, the longer the well becomes polluted. I mean, when I have to immediately add "ignoring the last three-four expansions" anytime I talk about Azeroth and wanting to play in it, it just sort of makes me wonder why even bother.

I loved Azeroth more than maybe any other setting save perhaps Krynn, but is it not time to put the old girl down and let her rest?
>>
>>46341488
>1488
t. Othmar "Highbourne Harryer" Garithos
>>
>>46341636
>I mean, when I have to immediately add "ignoring the last three-four expansions"
the writing degraded, not the settings. Pandaria and Draenor are just as interesting as Kalimdor and the EK, the only difference is what happens in them got dumber
>>
>>46341636

I think most of us are fags who were raised on WC1, WC2, WC3, or early WoW. For most of us, I think these games were pretty big deals during our childhoods. Maybe even the first exposure to fantasy, for some. I think that Warcraft has something special about it, some sort of pop-fantasy comic book vibe, that makes latch onto a young person's imagination. The people that post in these threads, IMO, would probably keep posting in them for the next 50 years, if they could.
>>
>>46341701
I'm sorry, but I can't agree with that. From the treatment of Cata, to Dank Memes Pandaria, to the clusterfuck of Draenor and its genesaurs and magnagronns and saberons, I have to struggle to thing of anything worth inclusion that's been released since Wrath.

>>46341718
And I'm right there with you. Again, Warcraft, Redwall, and Dragonlance were my jams as a kid growing up. But at some point, don't we have to realie that Krynn has been squatted, that Brian Jacques is dead, and that Blizzard will never remember that goblins are rapidly devolving into troglodytes and lose knowledge/understanding of their tech every day.
>>
>>46341805
Pandaria and new Draenor's background lore is actually pretty good
It opens up a lot more stuff to explore about.
The story is what shit them up, not the background setting.
>>
>>46341805
>goblins are rapidly devolving into troglodytes and lose knowledge/understanding of their tech every day.
elaborate
>>
>>46341805
>Dank Memes Pandaria
Aside from the forest hozen and the Stormstout brewery, I don't recall anything egregious in Pandaland. What was so bad about it?
>>
>>46342035
Basically, goblins as you know them are only a result of the kajamite that was found within the depths of Mount Kajaro. It was a magical ore that the trolls of the island used the goblins as slave labor to mine, but extensive contact with the magical material turned the primitive savages into extremely cunning and inventive little bastards. Over time, the enslaved goblins began to build and invent, stockpile and prepare, and eventually they overthrew their masters and ruled the island of Kezan as their own. Mining of kajamite skyrocketed, and while the goblins managed to hurl themselves ahead centuries of development in years, they quickly found themselves low on the precious ore.

That is actually the reason that the goblins have such a widespread presence on Azeroth is that as the end of kajamite loomed over the goblins, the Trade-Princes sent explorers and tradesmen across all the corners of Azeroth looking for more of their precious brain-boosting crack. Unfortunately, no supply was ever discovered, and lacking the boost from kajamite, goblins found themselves entirely dependent on their stockpiles. The peak of goblin intelligence occurred roughly 500 years before the First War, and they have been plummeting ever since. The difficulty is amplified by the fact that goblins seem unwilling to admit that there is an issue, and thus they continue to tinker and toy with devices that they simply don't comprehend.

Basically, the reason that every goblin device explodes is because that is very quickly becoming one of the only things that they can reliable get their devices to do. That satchel charge? Actually an automatic jewelry cleaner, but Zappo isn't willing to admit he doesn't know what it does, so he pours it full of seaforium and calls it a day. Likewise, the increasing danger of goblin technology pushes them ever faster towards the brink as the few gifted inventors rarely live long enough to preserve any knowledge they are capable of unlocking.
>>
>>46342321
Pandaria all of a sudden in the South Seas as opposed to west of Kalimdor.

Pandaren all of a sudden Chinese because Blizzard had to appease the Chink Masters.

More Old God bullshit.

Zul'YetAgain, the final RIPening of the Zandalari.

An entire expansion of Kung Fu Panda cash-ins, including the requisite So Kewl Animal Races.

The sloppiest implementation of a Neutral race possible.
>>
>>46342342
And your source on the degeneration is...?
>>
>>46342679
>Dark Factions
>Horde Player's Guide
>Even the Cata Game Manual, I think
>>
>>46341488
At first I thought he was strangling a Threshadon, but then I saw the tiny arms coming out of the neck.

Also that Leviathan with the ship speared into it is silly.
>>
File: 1459300391991.jpg (301 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
1459300391991.jpg
301 KB, 1024x768
What's up with those Werewolf people? I remember seeing a few threads about them on /v/, that they had a city that CLOSED WALL when the plague spread.

Didn't they get anything decent, lorewise?
>>
>>46342714
So two non-canon sources and one you're not sure about. Noted.
>>
>>46342749
Play through the goblin starting quests, its talked about there
>>
File: greymane4.png (119 KB, 631x675) Image search: [Google]
greymane4.png
119 KB, 631x675
>>46342724
they're going to make the Alliance great again
>>
>>46342749
>Taking well-written books of flavor and fluff that stretch back to WC3 and have at various points been considered canon as less reliable sources than OOK EM IN THE DOOKER.

So, I guess that explains why I feel embarrassed for modern WoW fans.
>>
>>46342403
>Pandaren all of a sudden Chinese because Blizzard had to appease the Chink Masters.
They've been Chinese since TFT finished beta.

>Pandaria all of a sudden in the South Seas as opposed to west of Kalimdor.
Its location was never stated in anything canon, the noncanon RPG books may have implied it was in the Veiled seas, but having it as a former part of the Kalimdor supercontinent fit the story integration better.

>>46342403
>Zul'YetAgain, the final RIPening of the Zandalari.
But Pandaria actually explained how so many Zandalari turned "evil." It's Chronicles and maybe the Vol'jin book I haven't read yet since I can't find a decent digital copy without so many transcription errors my eyes bleed that made them "Mostly evil."

>>46342724
>Didn't they get anything decent, lorewise?
No, they've been constantly shit on lorewise.

>>46342342
A few sources mention that the loss of Kajamite has reduced their overall brainpower, but it seems to have hit its
"New Normal" according to records by Brann Bronzebeard and others.

>>46342800
The Warcraft RPGs had some good fluff and some bad fluff, much like the new game itself. I like to take the least grim and player-gimpng mix of it. Which in the case of Goblin inteligence means it's generally reached its "New bottom" and won't continue to decline.
>>
>>46342403
Pandaren were always Chinese ever since Chen showed up in TFT with a stereotypical fat Chinese guy accent.
The only real change from then was that it's not on the back of a giant turtle floating around the seas anymore but now an actual continent.
>>
>>46341805
>Pandaria
>not evoking a feeling of exploration and discovery
>...when not focused on the faction conflict
>>
>>46342774
Kajamite boosts goblin intelligence, but it works like comic book radiation: It's giving them superpowers through beneficial mutation. In this case, it's relative super intelligence.

The reason running out of kajamite is such a big deal isn't that goblins will degenerate into drooling morons without it. The issue is that they won't get any smarter, and kajamite consumption is their primary means of technological development and innovation. Their technological progress has stalled, not shrunk.

Kaja'Cola: It gives you ideas!
>>
>>46342984
People like you probably even deny the existance of phlogiston and steam armor. Fuck, I thought these threads might be useful, but instead it's just pathetic.
>>
>>46342403
>Pandaria all of a sudden in the South Seas as opposed to west of Kalimdor.
Was this actually a thing? I can't find anything about it.

>Pandaren all of a sudden Chinese because Blizzard had to appease the Chink Masters.
That's been the case since fucking TFT in 2003.

>More Old God bullshit.
You know, I'll agree that featuring Old God stuff three expansions in a row was pretty dumb. That said, at least the connection between the Sha and the Old Gods didn't become blatant until SoO, for what it counts.

>Zul'YetAgain, the final RIPening of the Zandalari.
Eh, at least this time around they were fleshed out somewhat. Might have been polishing a turd, but considering what Cataclysm had already done to the zandalari, it was as respectable a send-off as they could get.

>An entire expansion of Kung Fu Panda cash-ins, including the requisite So Kewl Animal Races.
Seriously wondering if you're not just baiting here. Pandaria and KFP have almost nothing in common.

>The sloppiest implementation of a Neutral race possible.
Even if I were to agree, how is that, or half the other stuff you mentioned, "dank memes"?
>>
>>46342724
In-Game most of the Gilneas storyline gets told in the Silverpine and Hillsbrad zones. Zones that, since Cataclysm, are Horde zones.

So yeah, the Gilnean resistance and the 7th Legion get hit hard by Sylvanus "If it praises the Light, cover it in Blight" Windrunner, all never seen from the Alliance side.

>>46342984
>tfw still have a stack of Kaja'Cola on a Goblin character
I like to imagine they sell it for large amounts of gold a few years down the line.
>>
>>46342714
According to the Goblin Starting Zone, there was Kajamite on the Island, it was starting to deplete but there was enough to regularly be mined.
Infact one of the starting quests has you gather up some of it. Then when Kezan goes boom, you end up on the lost isles and find a Kajamite mine there which you quickly stake a claim to and begin mining from. Gallywix even starts a large mine on the main island where he enslaves a bunch of the goblins and you have to save them.
>>
>>46343017
The RPG is considered non-canon, man. Not that I think phlogiston isn't an interesting element to the setting, but still.

>>46343067
And then the island blows up, and we never speak of it again!
>>
>>46343017
Keep wanking about your info that wasn't considered canon when it was written, friend.

All of the RPG fluff was pretty explicit that it was ideas that might become canon, but weren't canon just because they showed up in the rulebooks.
>>
>>46343017
>muh non canon bullshit is non canon!
Waaah!
>>
>>46343037
>Sylvanus "If it praises the Light, cover it in Blight" Windrunner
Can I steal that?
>>
>>46342403
>>46342872
>>46343029
I've always played it as seperate groups of Pandaren. The South Seas Pandaria and Wandering Isles Pandaren are Chinese Style and the Kalimdor Pandaren are Japanese Style.
If they ever meet, it involves alot of arguing and showing off over who's styles of Martial Arts and Brewing is better, then they all get drunk and pass out.
>>
>>46343119
>Kalimdor Pandaren
What Kalimdor Pandaren?
The only one we ever see from there is Chen, who makes it clear when you see him in TFT that he's just visiting.
>>
>>46343081
The Volcano erupts, but it doesn't destroy the Lost Isle mine. That part is post eruption if I remember right, right before Thrall shows up and spanks down Gallywix then goes "Okay, the Goblins need a leader so I guess you're forgiven."

AND THEN WE NEVER SPEAK OF IT AGAIN
>>
>>46342788
>We could have had vol'jin and perhaps vellan, as loathed by many as he is, heading the attack on the legion as a begruging bundle of allies
>Instead we have sylvannis and Greymane dragging the whole of alliance and horde into their feud as the necessary justification for a two faction system and pvp.

perhaps i'm wrong and horrendously uninformed when I say that Vellan was possibly applicable for alliance leadership rather than someone like greymane who's been chosen by virtue of standing stock still next to the throne for years. I just wish vol'jin had remained head of the hoard, lord knows why he dissapeared.

Also, in regards to the maddening parallel universe fuckery that came with WoD, our Prophet Vellan is alright, correct? it was alternate draenor's Vellan that ate it hard in zone one?
>>
I miss vanilla Sylvanas.

In fact, I miss the vanilla factions as a whole
>>
>>46343144
It's what I call the ones from the RPG books back when they had a Japanese Theme.
>>
>>46343183
Not canon.
Nigger.
Orcs had Jap-themed armor in the concepts for WoW.
Doesn't mean shit if it's not in actual canon.
>>
>>46343037
I still have that dragon egg from the end of the badlands questline, never use it but i'm far too much of a sentimental bastard to trash it or sell it
>>
>>46343213
I thought this was a WoW Lore and RPG Discussion thread. Doesn't matter if it's not canon, it's how I use them when I run RPGs.
It gives a neat Dynamic as well.
If you want to stick with what's canon, /v/ is that way.
>>
>>46343244
>That spoiler
Never forget Rhea's sacrifice... even if Wrathion is a little shit.
>>
>>46343244
My Warlock still has a Firestone and a Spellstone in my bank.
Completely worthless for the past, what? Four expansions?
>>
>>46343244
I personally like to imagine the same Rogue that got the Daggers did those quests. A bit of symmetry there.
>>
>>46343278
My Hunter has a quiver full of arrows. I've also got a bunch of the old class shirts I wear.
>>
>>46343265
I used /slap on him regularly and would frequently summon Rhea's child to play with in the inn just to spite him in my head.
>>
>>46343302
I still have my Dartol's Rod of Transformation.
Never finished the quest so I could keep turning into a Furbolg.
>>
>>46343278
I also still have the mats needed to summon the Dreadsteed in Dire Maul.
And a few of the shadowy potions that make you friendly with the demons in Jaedenar.
>>
>>46343256
No, by RPG Discussion, they actually mean
>YOU ARE ONLY ALLOWED TO ABIDE BY METZEN'S SACRED CHILD
>NO DEVIATION
>NO USING THE RPG BOOKS
>NOW TELL ME KNAAK IS YOUR GOD
>>
>tfw Blizzard got so fed up with people comparing the draenei and protoss that they went and gave the draenei dragoons
>>
>>46343393
Samefagging to soothe your asspain just makes you look even more pathetic.
>>
>>46343393
That's bullshit and you know it. Most of these threads include tons of people complaining about the current direction of lore, and ways to fix it.

Just seems like most people draw the line at the RPG.
>>
>>46343393
>I'm butthurt because I got called out on claiming a non-canon source was canon.
>>
>>46343328
THey made it a reward for the quest in Cata, but gave it a fucking twenty minute plus cooldown for a 3 minute transform, and made the quest item only work in Ashenvale. Modern Blizzard fucking HATES cosmetic items.

>>46343393
Nah, you're allowed to mix and match if you want, though some people may think you're silly for taking certain aspects from the RPGs.

Or like that one anon, shaming Blizzard for NOT taking certain aspects from the RPG.

If you want to use them in your PnP game or fanfiction more power to you, but saying Blizzard should have forced a playable race to deal with the idea that their characters will be dumber than their parents and their imaginary children dumber still would have been a terrible idea for WoW as a game.
>>
>>46343309
What I find funny is that I first did Rhea's quest on my gnome warlock, who I RP as a 2edgy4u teenager. She's basically a parody of goth kids. She's blissfully unaware of how much of a little shit she is.

But I like to imagine that even she draws the line with Wrathion. And that she's slowly growing out of her own dumbassery while caring for the drake.
>>
>>46343436
>complaining about the current direction of lore, and ways to fix it
isnt that what that one project was about? like metzloss or something. idk what it was called, but it was a wiki with like 2 entries for a WoW lore restoration
>>
>>46343573
Didn't they go off on a massive tangent about the draenei and arakkoa being related, and not related to the eredar, that just started making shit up? Or was that a different guy?

The threads are starting to blend together in my mind. It's hard to keep shit straight after, what, eight iterations?
>>
>>46343573
This wiki? http://alternate-azeroth-ptoject.wikia.com/wiki/Alternate_Azeroth_Wikia

No one has really done anything with it yet.
>>
>>46341488
How badly are they going to butcher the "canon" of the first 2 movies for the Warcraft movies?
>>
>>46343689
I meant games
It's too early for finding out how a childhood franchise is going to get raped
>>
>>46343689
The movies are set in an alternate universe with their own canon. It's how things might have gone down, not how it actually went down in Warcraft/WoW canon.
I want the movie / series of movies to end with 5~40 random adventurers showing up with a bronze dragon to NOPE them out of existence, just to see the reactions. Maybe as alternate ending on the DVD release...
>>
>>46343689
Pretty heavily.

Orcs are brown, Stormwind is called Stormwind, Dalaran is flying, the Alliance exists before the Orcs invade, that sort of thing.

I'll be fine with it if it turns out to be a good movie, but I'm not incredibly optimistic.
>>
>>46343457
>not wanting to play a member of Darwin Awards: the Race
>not wanting to weaponize your Grandfather's self-pouring teakeetle into a napalm-slinging turret because you're pretty sure that's how it works
>not wanting to forget exactly how that... thing-a-ma-bob you helped your father worked, and assuming it probably needed more rocket fuel booster
>not dying before you're thirty because that 'Bite the Coin' trick your brother the banker taught you isn't actually supposed to be used to check whether or not landmines are functioning properly

It's like you don't even goblin engineering, mate.
>>
>>46343732
no
no that needs to happen in the background, but it needs to happen
at some point during some massive climactic battle we need a bunch of poorly dressed motherfuckers running in the background towards some other part of the scene, never to be actually addressed or brought up, just there

Pity its never going to happen, in the same way that we're probably never going to see a single dwarf or gnome in this entire warcraft movie, those are the two races that seem to just fucking vanish whenever blizzard wants to play it serious.
>>
>>46343689
>tfw the intro cinematic for Reign of Chaos looks better than the new movie

Why are do the orcs in the trailer look like they're all ten feet tall?
>>
File: Andorgos_AQ.jpg (38 KB, 428x750) Image search: [Google]
Andorgos_AQ.jpg
38 KB, 428x750
____
__
_
______
(___)
>>
>>46343737
Speaking of, that quest in Pandaria where they look at your ancestors on a Goblin was great.

>Well... that's interesting. It appears most of your ancestors died in a fire. Oh my. Your people put themselves at great personal risk in the name of progress! I wish more Pandaren had your initiative.
>>
>>46343735
Don't forget the orcs are being turned into even bigger Dindu Nuffins than ever.
Orgrim Doomhammer is still brown. Leaving out that he was greedy and power hungry and in the Second War, he reveled in terrorizing innocents.
That whole Garona/Lothar love story they're showing is absolutely fucking sickening.
>>
File: WOW3.png (582 KB, 1360x768) Image search: [Google]
WOW3.png
582 KB, 1360x768
>>46343793
>>
>>46343834
>tfw she (male) comes to help you find Kairoz
>>
File: WOW2.jpg (23 KB, 600x247) Image search: [Google]
WOW2.jpg
23 KB, 600x247
>>46343848
>>
File: 2Hk2Xgh.gif (831 KB, 290x188) Image search: [Google]
2Hk2Xgh.gif
831 KB, 290x188
>>46343793
>spoiler
YES.
>>
>>46343793
There was a dwarf featured prominently in one of the recent trailers.
>>
File: WOW.jpg (29 KB, 640x266) Image search: [Google]
WOW.jpg
29 KB, 640x266
>>46343867
>>
>>46343793
Low Level adventurers in clown suits, wearing mismatched and miscolored armor.

I hope that they do an Opening the Dark Portal scene and it involves weird dragons attacking Medivh and five random fucks showing up and fighting them off.
>>
File: guildshot.jpg (111 KB, 900x720) Image search: [Google]
guildshot.jpg
111 KB, 900x720
>>46343893
I've always liked the transmogrification since it was added, but I do miss the mis-matched mess of gear you used to end up with while leveling up.
Reminds me of the best days playing back in Vanilla.
>>
>>46343834
I like to imagine there's a male blood elf running around that's actually a female dragon in disguise, and no one has noticed the mistake.

>>46343838
Damn, he can put a positive spin on anything.

>>46343848
You know it's a dwarf, too, because he's the only one with a tankard.
>>
>>46343848
>>46343867
huh, my bad then, nevermind
still though, there won't be a gnome in sight probably, no blizzard trailer that hasn't been played for laughs has ever really had gnome presence. Not that I'm mad over it, but I'm just aware that they'll whitewash out the gnomes to the point of absurdity whenever they try to get the cool factor going.

What do you mean the alliance airship normally has gnomish operators and a prominent gnome crew? Nah its always been humans, they are totally all we need to pilot this thing face-first into the legion, there were never any gnomes running these things.
>>
>>46343735
I thought only some of the Orcs stayed brown, just the Frostwolf exiles and even Thrall was born green from second hand exposure.

>>46343802
Because they're fighting normal human actors (And actors are normally pretty small) instead of heroically proportioned CGI Ubermensch
>>
>>46343838
Kinda disappointed there's no Alliance version of that quest, considering a bunch of their plotlines are about ancestry and stuff.
>>
>>46343999
>orcs are six to seven feet tall
>humans are five to six feet tall
>orcs loom over pathetic manthings because Metzen jerks off to greenskin NTR porn
>>
File: 1458714725099.jpg (44 KB, 424x318) Image search: [Google]
1458714725099.jpg
44 KB, 424x318
>>46343999
>small actors
They should have called up Vince and asked for some wrestlers. I smell what the Rok'tar is cooking.
>>
>>46343999
>I thought only some of the Orcs stayed brown
True. Just the ones that didn't follow Gul'dan through the portal.
Everyone else who followed turned green.
>>
>>46344001
The Alliance doesn't get cool things. They're lucky that Blizzard remembers they exist at all.
>>
>>46344079
Vastly better than Ka'anu Reevs.
>>
>>46344078
You think they'll fit any Forest Trolls into the movie? Those guys are at least eight feet tall.
>>
>>46344122
Well, the kaldorei get to exist to get butchered and raped by the infinitely superior orcs. That's a pretty cool fate, because they get to be involved with the master race of Azeroth.

>>46344137
Seven to eight, actually. And
>expecting anything out of this movie
>>
File: WarCraft_Metzen026b_zps9aa4da08.jpg (155 KB, 550x646) Image search: [Google]
WarCraft_Metzen026b_zps9aa4da08.jpg
155 KB, 550x646
>>46344137
Probably not.
But it's not like they give a fuck about canon anyway.
Originally, Zuljin and his forest trolls only joined the orc's Horde because their mortal enemy elves joined the humans in the Second War.
As soon as the war was over, and the Orcs defeated, Zuljin picked his ball up and went home.
>>
>Queen of Stormwind
>Played by an Ethiopian

Blizzard. Really.
>>
>>46344137
there are going to be jungle trolls in the beginning, forest trolls won't be in until Tides of Darkness
>>
>>46343793
>those are the two races that seem to just fucking vanish whenever blizzard wants to play it serious.
also trolls, we bareley got to see one in the burning crusade intro
>>
File: bill and ted poster.jpg (128 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
bill and ted poster.jpg
128 KB, 1280x720
>>46344134
>Not wanting Keanu Reeves to make things most excellent
He and Alex Winter would be perfect as the human forms of two most righteous Bronze Dragondudes.
>>
>>46344151
>Seven to eight, actually.
You got a canon source for that? I'm pretty sure Trolls are significantly taller than Night Elves, and that's Night Elf height you just posted there.
>>
>>46344196
It's hard to tell what the Forest Trolls are, but the Jungle Trolls are shorter than the Night Elves, hovering between six and seven feet when standing upright, which they rarely do.
>>
>>46344186
The trolls have been busy selling ganja to the gnomes, so neither has the time to show up.
>>
>>46344177
Technically she's also Irish.
>>
>>46344176
>Originally, Zuljin and his forest trolls only joined the orc's Horde because their mortal enemy elves joined the humans in the Second War.
the way that worked out was pretty funny

>Lordaeron sends emissaries to Quel'thalas to invite them to the Alliance
>Anasterian Sunstrider says no because they're busy fighting the trolls and can't commit to a foreign war
>Orgrim sends emissaries to Zul'jin to invite him into the Horde
>Zul'jin says no because he's busy fighting the elves and can't commit to a foreign war
>the elves take Zul'jin prisoner
>Orgrim sends troops to free him
>both alliances get forged
>>
>>46344229
No. Jungle Trolls are way taller than the Night Elves. They're almost nine fucking feet tall when standing straight.
>>
>>46343889
>>46343867
>>46343848
im nervous as hell this movie will be another last airbender flop
>>
>>46344326
>not looking forward to it
>>
>>46344326
Even blizzard can't fuck up that badly.
>>
>>46344326
Two simple suggestions:
First, don't have ridiculously high expectations. Expect the movie to be... okay. Average. Typical. That way, you might be pleasantly surprised when it turns out to be kind of good.

Second, if Shamalan is ever mentioned in an interview, start making blood sacrifices to curse his name.
>>
>>46344078
>orcs are six to seven feet tall

The females are 6-6.5 feet. The males are a solid 7 feet.

tauren females are 9ft and the males are 10ft
>>
>>46344279
[Proper Citation Needed]
Wow's old compendium states that they average 7 feet in height with the Drakkari and Zandalari coming in a bit taller.
http://web.archive.org/web/20101107214402/http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/info/story/troll/biology.html
>>
>>46344531
What's the most up to date lore for all the racial heights? The novels describe Forest Trolls as only a little shorter than Ogres and I seem to recall that most of them emphasize that Trolls are really, really tall. However, I don't seem to recall any exact heights given.
>>
>>46344279
It's important to note that the tauren were shrunk down in WoW to fit through doors.

So their models' height isn't a reliable scale for determining their lore height. Same as how Goldshire in the lore is more than four buildings.
>>
>>46344598
That's actually based on the models, I guess I could get a friend and go to a neutral city with a troll and a nightelf and wait for the troll to do his stretching animation.

>>46344688
That is true, Tauren are more like ten to twelve feet at least.
>>
>>46344599
Certainly not >>46344279.
That's just pulled out of someones ass.
Draenei males being shorter than the females? Completely fucking wrong.
>>
>>46344151
Kosak go away pls.
>>
>>46344177
>>46344177
>>46344252
Her complexion seems right for someone from Redridge in my head.
>>
File: WoW_Manual_-_height_chart.png (263 KB, 1534x218) Image search: [Google]
WoW_Manual_-_height_chart.png
263 KB, 1534x218
>>46344721
Oh yes, looks like they did fuck up with the Draenei. Still, the Jungle Troll height is correct. They're visibly seven feet tall while hunching, not when standing straight. The Vol'jin book also makes it clear that the Trolls are significantly taller than Pandaren. Sufficiently so that all of their armor was much too short for a Troll.

Anyhow, here's the official height chart from TBC. Some models are out of date.
>>
>>46344599

Most up to date lore on racial heights was a tweet from Blizzard's chief historian (lore keeper) that has since been deleted (because he deleted his whole twitter account) on the heights of orcs and tauren. He started orc males average 7ft, orc females 6'0-6'6ft, tauren females 9ft, and tauren males 10ft.

That's the last time anyone from Blizzard has commented on any racial heights.
>>
>>46344910
Well, that's a shame. A lot of the old information seems clearly wrong compared to what's presented in the novels and game.

Trolls are the most obvious example of that. They're repeatedly mentioned to be much taller than Orcs any time they're compared, yet the old info says they're just 7ft.
>>
>>46344326
It's being directed by the guy that did Moon, so it almost certainly won't be Airbender-tier. I dunno if his skills will translate to a high fantasy movie, of course, but he's not brain-dead.
>>
Just looking at the RPG height charts as they're listed on WoWpedia, and these don't make any sense at all. It's like some kind of monkey just shoved in random numbers.
>>
>>46344910
Found a quote for Troll height in The Last Guardian

"The thing obliged, bursting from its place of concealment. It was half again as tall as any of the young men, and for one instant he thought it was some gigantic orc."

Assuming that Medivh and friends were around six feet tall, as is the standard for fantasy humans, Trolls have been around nine feet tall for some time.
>>
File: RIP Althea.jpg (704 KB, 1200x1844) Image search: [Google]
RIP Althea.jpg
704 KB, 1200x1844
I miss her already, god I hope Blizzard changes that fuckin quest.
>>
>>46345182
Medivh was not even 14 at the time.

(Though it think he was originally 16 when the coma struck before Chronicles.)
>>
>>46345675
Raise a shit storm and they will. Go forth and do your duty as an irate customer.
>>
>>46345702
I'm not even in the Alpha, (So the Alpha forums are out of my reach) but everyone I know who IS in the Alpha has complained.

And So have I over twitter and other shit.

Also, this priest has said what every visitor to Manor Mistmantle must have said at some point if they knew what the word "Manor" means.

(I like that they kept it as a one room cottage for that joke, even though the comic also expands goldshire to an almost reasonable size,(
>>
>>46345689
Maybe Medivh wasn't, but...

"This one ran his fingers through his hair, and Khadgar noticed that his dark hair was already receding. That was when he realized he was looking at Lord Lothar. "

Lothar's hair was already receding so I think he was old enough. Oh, and it's a Jungle Troll being described there. Jungle Trolls are roughly nine feet tall, which is an accurate estimation based on their ingame appearance as well.
>>
>>46345675
>boobplate that doesn't even fully cover her boobs
>rest of plate armor is a fucking corset
>scale armor ever after 300 BC
>scale armor with huge fucking gaps between the scales
Bitch deserved to die dressing like that.
>>
>>46345772
Anyone above level 9 also has access to equipment that makes you smarter, stronger, faster, or just harder to kill period simply by wearing it. Several raid bosses don't even wear shirts (Garrosh deflected entire raids with the majesty of his massive pectorals).

Boob plate really is not a big deal in a setting like WoW.
>>
>>46345849
Only because Blizzard is too stupid to understand how armor works.
>>
>>46345772
It's the artist's best approximation from the in-game armor. And we don't know exactly what is under the red cloth/leather parts.

Alternatively, it's the best the militia could manage.

>>46345870
It's a magical superheroic setting, chill your tits.
>>
File: Warsong_by_PepperWolf.jpg (224 KB, 1131x707) Image search: [Google]
Warsong_by_PepperWolf.jpg
224 KB, 1131x707
>>46345870

>implying armor matters in a setting where female elf warriors charge into battle wearing bikinis and male orc warriors charge into battle dressed like conan the barbarian
>>
File: HeeWonLee-9.jpg (138 KB, 750x814) Image search: [Google]
HeeWonLee-9.jpg
138 KB, 750x814
>>46345772
A lot of the most powerful characters in WoW go shirtless. Warcraft pretty much has carte blanche when it comes to armor design, though I'll admit that I dislike how over-designed stuff has turned in the recent expansions. WotLK was pretty much perfect for most of the sets. Cata started going pretty overboard.
>>
>>46346221
I think Wrath was a little TOO bland and samey for everything that wasn't a tier set. (And even some of those)
>>
>>46346221
I generally agree, but Cata did have some interesting pieces that weren't too overwrought.

I liked the Firelands Int-plate chest, and the cloth shoulders.

And each expansion usually has something decent mixed in. There's some quest green plate shoulders that look pretty nice, with a white and gold palette, relatively simple with a large spike on each shoulder.

Plus I kind of love the hilarity that one of the WoD maces is just a spikey plant someone pulled out of the ground, with clumps of dirt still on its roots.
>Aw shit, I broke my sword on the 80th orc I stabbed running through this fucking jungle.
>I need a weapon!
>Ooh, spikey, decent grip, good weight. Let's debrain orcs with a shrubbery!
Perfectly fits how I envision the typical WoW warrior.
>>
File: t10guerrero.jpg (236 KB, 650x350) Image search: [Google]
t10guerrero.jpg
236 KB, 650x350
>>46346265
I'd say that's a fair criticism. Some of the non-tier stuff was OK, like the Cobalt wargear or the spikey Saronite sets. There was also a leather set I adored, but I can't remember the name of it.

Paladin and Warrior sets were absolutely dope, though. Just look at that and tell me it isn't the dopeist armor you've ever seen.
>>
File: tier11_warlock_female human.jpg (348 KB, 2288x1050) Image search: [Google]
tier11_warlock_female human.jpg
348 KB, 2288x1050
>>46346335
I liked the Cata basic mage and Warlock tier sets.

Shaman was hideous in standard Cata, the "Half cooked Totems" set from firelands was eh, (To the point I'd use the non classbound version of the Hunter set instead if I wanted a Cata-era mog) The Deathwing Tier was okay I guess too.

I just hate that instead of letting us look like an elemental ascendant all the time they gave THAT set to Mages and instead of letting us look like a twilight's hammer war-camp that grew legs and decided to go for a stroll they gave THAT set to Warlocks.

Pretty much all the Cata Warrior gear was cool if a liiiiittle overdone.
Firelands Paladin was great

I love the Magnaron set for Monks in WoD.
>>46346387
I fuckin' love boars so that's one of my all-time favorite sets.
>>
>>46346430
Jesus, I think the only 100% GOOD set Shaman have gotten since Wrath has to be the Thunderking tier.
>>
>>46343735
>Stormwind is called Stormwind
Honestly at this point it's better, "Kingdom of Azeroth" was a shit idea
>>
File: 261121-mantle-of-closed-doors.jpg (56 KB, 365x513) Image search: [Google]
261121-mantle-of-closed-doors.jpg
56 KB, 365x513
>>46346430
I just love my magical feather armor. Got the purple palette on my human arcane mage, the red one on my gnome fire mage.

And a set for my gnome warrior's "around town" gear. The gnomes are supposed to be the same character, being an apprentice fire mage that moved to Ironforge, then picked up blacksmithing and a taste for weapons and armor. 'Canonically', she only uses magic to manipulate smelting flames and to burst into fire during combat, instead relying on a hammer for actually fighting shit.

I wish I had someone to RP with. I had a few friends I'd play with, but one only plays for a couple months after each major content patch, then goes bored really fast. The other has some life problems that interfere.

Though it doesn't help that I'm not on an RP server. Wyrmrest Accord gets cited as a good server, but looking around the net suggests they've got just as many self-absorbed twats as every other server.
I've had good experiences with MoonGuard tanks in dungeons, oddly enough. They're usually complete nuts, but damn good tanks. Like a panda girl that broke into dance after every victory, which was weird, but she did her job well. But the best was a guardian druid that used that prism item to swap everyone's appearances until the entire party looked like trees. "Tree feral is so OP!" he said, as my feral druid tore through shit. Then he turned everyone into bears. It was a wild ride.
>>
>>46346925
>I wish I had someone to RP with
Damn I'm so fucking happy that even a decade after my bro is still always available to RP

It gets a bit stale sometimes though
>>
File: WoWScrnShot_052415_183057.jpg (250 KB, 1440x900) Image search: [Google]
WoWScrnShot_052415_183057.jpg
250 KB, 1440x900
Hello, everyone. Beautiful day, isn't it?
>>
Are you guys sure that N'zoth will be in the xpac after legion?
Because if we're following the Exploration-> Legion-> Undead-> Old Gods pattern there should be some bolvar fuckery in between.
>>
>>46347845
Wrath was at least one third old gods/titans.
>>
>>46347960
so was pandaria. N'zoth could very well be the Old God raid of legion, though that would be a huge dissapointment. Shame that they limited the number of OGs on azeroth to 4, it would be awesome if there was a continent on azeroths backside where the old gods are the dominating force
>>
Slow thread is slow
>>
File: Unbroken.jpg (131 KB, 550x857) Image search: [Google]
Unbroken.jpg
131 KB, 550x857
>>46348271
It's 4am on a Wednesday here in Alaska. Middle of the week + middle of the night = slow as fuck.
>>
>>46348294
>It's 4am on a Wednesday here in Alaska. Middle of the week + middle of the night = slow as fuck.
It's 2PM here in europe
Then again there have been a lot of Warcraft threads in the last weeks so people are probably burned out
>>
Can someone give me a summary of warcraft lore? I tried to read around but its a fucking mess
>>
>>46348318
Sure, but it will take me some time to write it all out
>>
File: Heroraces.jpg (67 KB, 550x611) Image search: [Google]
Heroraces.jpg
67 KB, 550x611
>>46348327
>Summarize three RTS, plus their expansions, plus an 11 year old MMO with five, soon six, expansions.
Good luck, friend. I genuinely mean that.
>>
>>46348318
>It was originally a Warhammer rip-off, briefly was actually dope as fuck, and is now shit on toast.
Done.
>>
>>46348318
look for nobbel on youtube

Have fun
>>
>>46346221
WoW in general went over the edge with the designs.

I liked the looks in WCIII.
>>
>>46348423
>Thinking WC3 wouldn't be just as ridiculous with designs if they weren't limited by the era's graphics.
>>
>>46348376
yeah you're right, I was starting but since I'm at work I'm gonna be interrupted too much

>>46348318
Do you have more specific questions, instead?
>>
>>46348448
Look at the Paladins there. They didn't have pauldrons as big as those we now have.

Even the Death Knights weren't this with their pauldrons.
>>
>>46348448
WC3 didn't have to come up with a new Tier set for each class every time a content patch came out or (Activision)-Blizzard ran out of money and needed to shit out another expansion.

Over-design is a sign of desparation. Just look at Age of Sigmar.
>>
File: Illidan_WC3.jpg (46 KB, 200x252) Image search: [Google]
Illidan_WC3.jpg
46 KB, 200x252
>>
>>46348522
I never understood: Why the panda faces?
>>
>>46348542
why not? Samwise is a furfag
>>
>>46348542
Because Samwise.

Also Illidan's pandas get angry faces when he appears in The Frozen Throne.
>>
>>46346335
It gets even more hilariosu when you remember that said piece of shrubber has far higher stats than legendaries like Sulfuras or Thunderfury. If it was dropped in vanilla, that random piece of shrubbery would be legendary weapon of incredible power.
>>
>>46348612
Lore vs game mechanics there. But yes, it does get sillier in that context.
>>
WoW private rp servers?
>>
>>46348693
it's useless

But i'll probably build up a vanilla server someday so I can relive those vanilla quests and raids
>>
>>46345772
>scale armor ever after 300 BC
Do you even lorica squamata?
Shit was around longer than the lorica segmenta.
>>
>work as a Scourge servant in the Halls of Reflection
>Arthas makes you dress up every day as a Lordaeron soldier or Terenas as he roleplays being prince again
>>
>>46349178
They should be giving them something more than health insurance for the shit they have to go through.
>>
>>46349178
>RP as a prince
But he's already a King

If anything he'd pull a Fulgrim - Repeatedly run Stratholme over and over again trying to convince Uther and Jaina to come with him
>>
>>46349178
Does this mean scourge in chefs hats?
>>
File: Metzen.jpg (236 KB, 960x738) Image search: [Google]
Metzen.jpg
236 KB, 960x738
>>46348318
>>
>>46349287
Does that mean the Scourge is a monarchy? Or is it Northrend he's king of? Obviously the throne of Lordaeron was usurped by the pretender banshee queen.
>>
>>46349699
He's literally the King of the Scourge
Untold and Unending armies of the Undead

He's got a pretty big stick to enforce his crown
>>
>>46349699
>the Lich King
>"is the Scourge a monarchy?"
>>
>>46349758
does that mean the Alliance is a monarchy?
>>
>>46349758
>>46349802
Scourge is absolutist monarchy.
Alliance is constitutional monarchy.
>>
>>46349802
Stormwind, Gilneas, and sort of Ironforge. The draenei and night elves appear to be theocracies. Not sure how to describe the gnome government, though. I don't know how "High Tinkers" are selected.
>>
>>46349699
Arthas was the self-proclaimed king of Lordaeron until he was chased out by the usurper Sylvanas and his former people renounce his rule. He's never able to reclaim the capital after that so it pretty much ends there.
>>
>>46349857
I always presumed it was an elected position, myself. Either directly, or indirectly through appointment by an elected council.
>>
>>46349884
Well until post-WotLK he still had control of about as much of the kingdom as Sylvanas did, so he could rightly still claim that he was King, even if he didn't hold the capital. It'd be a contested crown, mind, but one he could claim to hold.
>>
>>46349912
What was the Scarlet Crusade exactly? It was formed from the remains of the Lordaeron military and priesthood as well as commoners before it split into the Argent Dawn, but what governmental structure did they have?
>>
File: kingofmanlets.jpg (221 KB, 1466x698) Image search: [Google]
kingofmanlets.jpg
221 KB, 1466x698
>>46349895
funnily enough these are their original vanilla titles
>>
>>46349857
The booklet that came with vanilla wow says that high tinkers are elected by a council

I think, it's been a while, I may be mis-remembering it
>>
>>46349802
Stormwind literally tricked every other Alliance nation into making Varian their king, so yes
>>
>>46350158
How did that happen, anyway? Did nobody really question why they were making the youngest and least experienced faction leader their king?
>>
>>46349699
I mean his title is 'lich king' but I always considered him more of the god of the scourge. He rules like a handful of people, his luitenants. Everyone else is a mindless slave really.
I can't imagine he does much in the vien of statecraft. He probably just deligates all of that to Kel'Thuzad.
>>
>>46350322
The Lich King is neither a lich nor a king. I think we all know whom the title should truly belong to.

>http://wow.gamepedia.com/The_Decree_of_the_Scourge
>>
File: CIrcles of magic.jpg (3 MB, 2292x3056) Image search: [Google]
CIrcles of magic.jpg
3 MB, 2292x3056
Anons, I need some help. I am doing an warcraft rpg for my friends, and homecrewing everything from from the ground up with their help, so everyone is happy.

The problem is the magic system. I'm going by the schools of magic, wich makes them 12 spell circles.

The idea is that the outer circle (Fel, LIght, Nature, Arcane, Shadow, Death) is an grab only one deal. You cant take nature and light together and etc, while the inner circle (all the natural and spiritual magic) are cricles you can go and choose withoutfreely. So an warlorck would cast firebolt (fire magic) and a necromancer a death and decay (decay magic) without problems.

The thing is... what spells you think are iconic for each circle? I'm taking spells from wc1 to Wow, and fusing some together (like a light priest has two handfulls of spells that are simply 12 ways to cast heal and alike to paladin spells).
>>
>>46350704
All Level 1 spells
>Fel
Demon Armour

>Light
Smite

>Nature
Moonfire

>Arcane
Arcane missiles

>Shadow
Mind Flay

>Death
DnD
>>
>>46350704
>Fel
Corruption
>Death
Cripple
>Shadow
Mind flay
>Arcane
Arcane missiles
>Nature
Wrath
>Light
Heal
>>
>>46350748
>death and de decay
>level 1

If you knew the sheer destruction it used to cause in the strategy games, you could literally level a base using that spell alone. I would make it at least six rows down.
>>
>>46350894
Fair enough, i really should revisit the Pre WoW stuff
Then maybe something like PW: Death?

Something just to finish off a creature @ <10% hp
>>
>>46349895
Gnomes elect a gnome who has outstanding work and contributed to society based on invention and ideas. Mekkatorque was elected High Tinkerer, but you can change the title if you wanted. During the trogg problems and their exile from Gnomergan, he renamed himself King of the Gnomes as a symbol for his people to rally behind.
That dick in the dungeon wanted to be the first King of the gnomes too, but wasn't elected.
>>
>>46350748
>>46350894
>>46350924
Shadow Word Death is a shadow spell, Death Coil is probably the closest you could get to a "basic" necromancy spell since all offensive necromancy is high level DK stuff
>>
>>46350973
Then don't make Death availiable from the start
Make it that Shadow can evolve into Death and Nature into Life
>>
>>46350748
Moonfire is an arcane spell
>>
>>46351039
Guess Wrath will do.
>>
File: sylvanas.jpg (49 KB, 372x377) Image search: [Google]
sylvanas.jpg
49 KB, 372x377
Screw Sylvanas. Why the hell hasn't Blizzard given her the tortuous death of being farmed for epix that she deserves? And why are there still people on her side? Oh she got turned into an undead against her will, her home destroyed, betrayed by her second in command and killed a couple of times, told off by the worst warchief since fucking Blackhand and oh-noes-my-sister-who-i-kinda-planned-to-murder betrays her too and for all that shit she is somehow justified for the wholesome attempted genocide of all Gilneans and fucking farming people?

Seriously, somebody explain me why do people still support Sylvanas after all the Lich King shit she pulled off in the recent expansions and books.
>>
>>46351039
No it isn't

It does arcane damage mechanically, but that does not make it an arcane spell
>>
>>46350689
He's a Lich because his soul is inside of Frostmourne and the Helm.
>>
>>46351069
Why does Blizzard do it? becaue she's Kosak's infallible waifu

Why do fans support it? Because people remember her being awesome in Warcraft 3 and reasonable in Vanilla WoW and hold a vain hope that the character from back then can come back

She can't though, there is no fixing that shit, any redemption she gets that isn't death would be ludicrously hamfisted by this point due to how insanely over-the-top evil she is
>>
File: 250px-Dave_Kosak[1].png (65 KB, 250x292) Image search: [Google]
250px-Dave_Kosak[1].png
65 KB, 250x292
>>46351069
>>
>>46343657
That was me and another poor fool. We didn't just pull shit out of our arses, but we did come close to poorly written OC Donut Steel, I admit.

Our main attempt was to make Draenei actual natives to draenor and knock their powerlevels down a few pegs, so that their struggle was more relatable.

I never heard from the other guy, and after drafting a short script I realised hoe dumb it was.

But I still hold strongly to the idea that Draenei crashlanded and had to start over from literally nothing and were pretty much stuck on the same tech and magic levels of the orcs, with few excelling individuals.
>>
Anyone else here roleplay on the EU Argent Dawn server?
>>
>>46351165
I'd just say leave draenei as OP, but don't let players use them as a PC race in any TRPG.
>>
>>46344177
>Stormwind is pretty close to where mediterranean climate would be
>Noble families exist even further south
>Darker complexion than eternally sunburnt anglo is possible and makes sense
>Lolno King Llayne can't have his milkchocolate waifu

Why you b hatin' mon
>>
>>46344813
Redridge looks like... Colorado, Arizona sort of country desu.
>>
File: 1377165896782.jpg (70 KB, 600x698) Image search: [Google]
1377165896782.jpg
70 KB, 600x698
>>46350016
military junta
>>
File: 1452537754981.jpg (504 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1452537754981.jpg
504 KB, 1920x1080
>>46351234
nope, Kirin Tor EU

ROUTIN
>>
>>46348318
>Warcraft 1
Orcs are tricked by an army of demons into drinking demonic Kool-Aid and genociding a mostly peaceful race. Then they open a portal to Azeroth (the main setting of Warcraft), and go on a murderous rampage through the Human Kingdom of Stormwind.

The survivors flee northwards, to the other Human kingdoms, leading to:

>Warcraft 2
The Humans, Dwarves, High Elves, and Gnomes form the GRAND ALLIANCE to fight off the Orcish Horde (now with enslaved dragons and trolls on their side!)

The Orcs see some early victories, but suffer from their leaders being made entirely of Starscreams, allowing the Alliance to force a dramatic final battle at Blackrock Mountain. The Orcish Warchief kills the Alliance commander, only for his second-in-command to beat the shit out of him, leading to total victory over the Horde.

However, the magical gateway between the Orcish homeworld, Draenor, and Azeroth was reopened by hardcore Horde loyalists, who escaped back home. So a bunch of Alliance soldiers charge in, bash some skulls open, and close the portal to keep this from ever happening again.

After this, a few Human kingdoms (and the Elves) leave the Alliance, the Orcs are put into internment camps, and Stormwind gets rebuilt.

Peace doesn't last.

>Cont.
>>
>>46351086
His soul was consumeed by Frostmourn. Arthas is just a death knight who gained incredible power when he merged with ner'zhul. He does not have a phylactery thus is not a true lich
>>
>>46351896
>Warcraft 3
Thrall, one of the Orcs raised in the internment camps, gets told by a ghostly wizard "get the fuck off this continent with as many people as you can, you fucker".

So he frees the Orcs from the internment camps, recruits a small tribe of trolls, and escapes West.

At the same time, a dark cult of assholes is spreading around a demonically-created zombie plague in the largest Human kingdom, Lordaeron. The Prince of Lordaeron, his ex-girlfriend, and his Paladin mentor go around trying to stop it.

Eventually they come across a city that's been infected, but hasn't risen as undead. Prince Arthas does a bad job of getting his point of "we need to kill them before they become zombies" across, and his ex and mentor tell him to fuck off. Arthas slaughters the city, taunted by one of the demons that started the plague to begin with. He chases that fucking demon to the northern continent of Northrend in search of a Magic Sword that will let him be STRONGER than the demon.

Whoops! Turns out the sword was a demonic sword and now the Prince serves the Undead Scourge. He returns to Lordaeron, kills his dad (the King), and slaughters his way to the Elven kingdom of Quel'Thalas. He kills one of their military leaders, Sylvanus Windrunner. This will be important later. Anyway, he just fucking destroys the Elven kingdom, and makes his way to their source of magical power: The Sunwell.

He resurrects a lich, and they open up a portal to let the demons through. The same demons that tricked the Orcs in Warcraft 1!

So anyways, the Orcs have finished their sea-journey and have landed on the mysterious western continent of Kalimdor. They start killing and conquering, as is the Orcish way, making allies with a local race of Native American Minotaurs called the Tauren. The Prince's ex-girlfriend ALSO escaped west with a bunch of Humans, and they have some fights before deciding that's stupid.

HOWEVER:
>cont.
>>
File: 1458483107085.jpg (613 KB, 1440x900) Image search: [Google]
1458483107085.jpg
613 KB, 1440x900
>>46352027
>Sylvanus
>>
>>46349546
Christ, his eyes look like they were made of glass.
>>
>>46352052
*Slyvannus
>>
>>46352027
The Horde doesn't do a lot of conquering in the early bits there

Lot's of killing, but little, if any, conquering
>>
>>46352027
Thrall already freed all the orcs from the camps. He just had to save Grom because he can't keep his murder boner in his pants.
>>
>>46352076
They've been digitally touched up
>>
>>46352225
He even edited himself, the fiend.
>>
>>46352208
I actually quite like how Thrall keeps fooling himself into believing Grom is a good guy

It pays off in the end (sort of), but a lot of problems could have been solved if he just cut his losses and left him behind in Lordaeron.

Although that wouldn't fit with his character
>>
>>46352052
>There is a Blood Mage whose random name is Sylvos Windrunner.

There is also that one Demon Hunter in WoW who is a random-named hero from WCIII that made a cameo in the MMO.
>>
>>46352258
>It pays off in the end (sort of)
it really doesn't when you consider MoP and and WoD. Thrall's idolization of Grom and Orgrim literally caused an interdimesional time war
>>
>>46352291
most of the liches in vanilla WoW were named after the randomly generated lich names from WC3
>>
>>46352027
HOWEVER:

Some Orcs fall back into their former "FUCKING KILL EVERYTHING BECAUSE DEMON BLOOD" stage, and rampage through a nearby forest, angering the ancient and powerful purple Night Elves. The Orc responsible kills the demon that tricked all the Orcs to begin with, but the Night Elves are already freaking out.

So the Sentinels (Female Elf Warriors) start waking up the Druids (Male Elf Druids), and Illidan (Asshole Demon Hunter). They start fighting everyone, but then decide to team up with the Humans and Orcs to fight the Demons. They beat the demons in a dramatic final battle, but the Night Elves lose the giant tree that makes them immortal. Boo hoo.

But then an expansion pack happened!

The Night Elf cop keeping guard over Illidan while he was in underground prison chases him to keep him from using a demonic artifact. Unfortunately Illidan has some Naga (Underwater Evil Elves), and he gets away when his brother and brother's wife (and Illidan's unrequired love) show up.

Meanwhile, the surviving High Elves are being mistreated by the Human General "Moon Man" Garithos. So the Elves ally with with Illidan and his Naga, and fuck off to what's left of Draenor to Draenor, where they meet the horrible broken remnants of that peaceful race the Orcs genocided way back when. They become allies, and no one thinks to try and find the Alliance guys that also invaded Outland for some reason.

MEANWHILE IN LORDAERON:
The Demons have mostly lost control of the Undead, with a faction lead by the Lich King, and a faction lead by the Undead Elf general Sylvanas Windrunner. Arthas goes to Northrend again to protect his master while Sylvanas goes around killing demons because revenge. Arthas kills some spider people on the way north, because he can.

Anyway, Illidan and his buds go to kill the Lich King, while Arthas tries to stop him. They have a big final battle, and Arthas wins. Illidan still lives, but crawls away to Outland. Arthas and the Lich King merge.

>Cont
>>
>>46352308
Unless you're saying his idolisation of Orgrim is why he idolised Grom, then I don't see how Orgrim is a part of it.

Beyond, you know, hurting Thrall's chances at peace by his insistence that Orgrim was a stand up chap while the entire Alliance considers him a horrific warmonger
>>
>>46352342
>Asshole Demon Hunter who was 100% correct in all his actions
>>
>>46352377
There's a difference between being right and being nice

Illidan may have been right, but he was also a prick
>>
>>46351069
>>46351110
The only way to save Sylvanas as a character would be simply retconning everything that appeared since The Frozen Throne and not let Kosak within the range of 100 miles.
>>
>>46352404
At the end of the day, Right > Nice
Same with Arthas pre Northrend
>>
>>46352407
Why do you leave vanilla out of it?
>>
>>46352361
Kinda why I'm glad most of the old warchiefs from the first and second war are dead. I can see them trying to drive Thrall into conflict.
>>
>>46352342
It makes me wonder.... where was Maiev when Tyrande stormed in, killed her sisters and freed Illidan?
>>
>>46352435
Wasn't there a new book that said TBC-era Illidan literally did nothing wrong?
>>
>>46352435
Not if being a prick turns potential or former allies against you

Illidan's general dickishness got him killed, and Arthas's callousness lost him his restraint, which eventually cost him his sanity
>>
>>46352361
his idolization of Grom was the reason he made garrosh warchief, his idolization of Orgrim was the reason he kept glorifying the Second War-era Horde despite nominally wanting peace
>>
>>46352462
I can't

Orgrim after the second war was a sad old man filled with regret. I imagine the others would be similar, if they had joined the Horde
>>
>>46352471
>got him killed
You do know that he can't ever die now right? Apprently he's more demon than NElf so he's now immortal

>>46352468
Yes, but we all pretty much saw that he was right in principle before that
>>
>>46352505
Nope

That requires accepting that demons can't die outside of the nether, which requires accepting that Grom's sacrifice, Arthas's sacrifice and the Night Elves' sacrifice were all for nothing, which ruins the plot of the entire setting
>>
>>46352463
Hey, standing guard for ten thousand years, you'll need to take a long piss.
>>
File: 1442226963562.png (820 KB, 497x863) Image search: [Google]
1442226963562.png
820 KB, 497x863
>>46342788
There only one person that can make the Alliance great, and she's being prepped for raidboss
>>
>>46352451
Guh...sorry. I meant after, not since, The Frozen Throne.

Accidentally wrote the wrong word.

Seriously, better to retcon even vanilla WoW and subject the WoW fluff to what Disney is currently doing with Star Wars.

As in retcon everything apart of the core elements (in WarCraft's case it's the RTS games that should be left unchanged), and then have competent and creative people do the fluff as well trying to recycle those elements that were shown to be promising yet ended up as wasted potential.
>>
File: 40kek.jpg (29 KB, 292x257) Image search: [Google]
40kek.jpg
29 KB, 292x257
>>46352530
WELCOME TO ACTIVISION-BLIZZARD ANON
>>
>>46352542
Varian will never be a raid boss

They neutered him entirely in Cataclysm too, there's no fixing that

Oh, and Jaina is just WotLK Varian because why fix one character when you can ruin a different one for the same purpose?
>>
File: Jaina had enough.png (633 KB, 1339x1373) Image search: [Google]
Jaina had enough.png
633 KB, 1339x1373
>>46352542
I need to post this.
>>
>>46352342
There was a bonus Orc campaign about building a city named after a war criminal in a resource-poor desert, but that's not important.

>World of Warcraft
It's been 5 years since Warcraft 3, and the world has inexplicably divided into two factions.

The Alliance now includes the Night Elves, because reasons, while the Horde are somehow totally fine with the whole "horrible undead" thing Sylvanas and her Forsaken have going on. Don't think about it too hard.

There isn't really a big overarching story right now, but there are some things happening.

The Dark Iron Dwarves, asshole cousins of the Alliance Dwarves, have summoned the Elemental Lord of fire into their underground citadel. The Ancient Empire of the Not!Zerg Quiraji has risen under the command of an ancient Old God. A floating necropolis led by a lich loyal to the Lich King is floating around and doing stuff. Some trolls happen!

Really, the BIG thing Vanilla WoW did, storywise, was set up a bunch of plot stuff to be developed later.

>World of Warcraft: The Burning Crusade
The Dark Portal, the thing that connects Azeroth to Outland? It's open and demons are invading again. But the Horde and Alliance kick their asses and invade through the portal. We make contact with a bunch of groups new and old.

The Alliance regains contact with the troops sent in way back in Warcraft 2, save for two very important characters that haven't shown up yet. They also get the not-degenerate versions of the Draenei: a race of space goats that do everything other races in the Alliance do, but better!

The Horde gets the Mag'Har: Orcish Smallpox victims that never drank the Demon Kool-Aid. They also get the Blood Elves (formerly High Elves), because the Horde needs a pretty rac- I mean, because Sylvanas was once a High Elf too!

So they go around beating the shit out of Demons, bird people, interdimensional arabs, and that sort of thing. They also fight Illidan and his pals for some reason.

>Cont.
>>
>>46352542
If she does become a raid boss, I hope Alliance players have the option of reversing the raid formula and defending her from waves of enemies.
>>
>>46352568
>and she's being prepped for raidboss
>she
>>
>>46352583
I hope Horde characters get that option

I want to be like Rexxar again
>>
>>46352542
>>46352570
Except that's completely wrong.
Jaina got her old man killed, sided with Thrall wayyyyyyyyyyy too many times, abadoned her supposed hubbie and then got mad off dragon dick

Her vagina is cursed
>>
>>46352596
Jaina=Varian

Her personality now is just what Varian's was pre Cata. Jaina does not exist anymore, she is pre-Cata Varian using a different model which required killing off a very likeable character to have exist
>>
>>46352497
That would be an interesting take on it tho. Grom if I remember was a young warrior, so he is the young new blood who still thinks the old "kill everything in sight" way of life is the shit, while the older, more ancient warchiefs only want everything to end already, because every war only make things worse, and now theres an warchief that seem to actually been trying to make alliances around. they want the horde to fix their history. He sees them as idols and ask for advice, but they just shrug it off because they dont want to poison the well. They need to actively stop grom from doing stupid violent shit and let the new generation do their thing. They still love war and at every conflict jump into it, but they know it isnt the way things work anymore. They areold dogs that cant learn any new tricks, and know thir tricks arent liked anymore.
>>
Who would win in a fight, Jaina or Khadgar?
>>
>>46352618
>BIG
>GREEN
>COCKS
>>
>>46352627
I think she'll turn into Medivh, and we'll fight her in Karazhan 2.0
>>
>>46352659
It's modern WoW, so it really depends on which side is making nice with the orcs currently. So knowing that, probably Khadgar, because a first and second war veteran is apparently more accepting of the orcs than Jaina Proudmoore these days.
>>
>>46352660
>DIRE
>DRAGON
>DONGS
>>
>>46352699
Nah, orcs lost.

It's the forsaken now who always win. I'm pretty sure the rule is that whoever has the least likeable leader is the one destined for victory
>>
>>46352530
That was in the novels and ingame since TBC at the latest. Hell, it's common to RPG settings in general. There's usually that bit of flavor mentioned about how devils or devils will be able to return in around 100 years unless they're killed on their home plane.
>>
>>46352699
Well he did spend a lot of time with the Naruu who accepted anyone willing to change.
>>
>>46352656
>Grom if I remember was a young warrior,
Grom was old as fuck, we was a veteran of the First and Second Wars, and he'd been fighting against the Gorian Empire (assuming WoD additions to Draenor's past are mostly canon) for years before that. The reason he wasn't burned out like the rest is because he's fucking psychotic
>>
>>46352727
Think he is insane. Who walks up to demon green koolaid and is like, "Fuck the ancestors, gimme that shit." And chugs it while doing a hand stand.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 46

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.