[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
bullshit magical items
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3
File: 1412764195212.jpg (157 KB, 1680x1129) Image search: [Google]
1412764195212.jpg
157 KB, 1680x1129
Sup /tg/, I come to you in my time of need. I have just started a game for some friends of mine and we are half way threw their first dungeon.

Now this is were the request comes in. m players are all the clever sort of people. the kind that mounts focusing lenses and a shutter box on a Xbow frame and cast dancing lights on it to make a low tech las rifle. Now i don't really have any problems with this, as long as they can justify background wise why they know how to do that. what I am here for is some border line BS magical items I can give them to play with for "creative solutions". If any back ground info is needed I'd be happy to oblige, also I would be more than happy in future posts to story time the uses of purposed magical items. please and thank you.
>>
Could you reword your post as a question.
>>
>>46338272
what are some good useless magical items i could give my players to mess around with to try and find utility with?
>>
>>46338078

Plates of Adhesion

These are bronze circular plates about 20 cm in diameter and carved with strange symbols, with a large spiral symbol in the center. Placing the plate against a surface and tapping the spiral symbol causes the plate to stick hard to that surface, requiring ten strong men to pull it off by brute force. Tapping the square a second time cancels the effect. These are reusable.
>>
Boots of Stomping:
Quintuples the sound that a character makes with their feet. Cumulative with other effects.

Potion of Everlasting:
A potion that when drunk has no immediate obvious effect. However, soon the drinker experiences a feeling of strong urgency and moments later the fluid bursts out of any and all of their body openings and back towards the flask, dealing 2D6-2 points of damage on the way (for a full potion, reduce as appropriate for smaller doses).
The potion never goes bad and the flask cannot be destroyed. If poured onto the ground, the same effect can be observed. The magic of the potion awakens and leads the silvery liquid back into the flask.

Gemjump spellscroll:
Upon reading the scroll (requires int 15) all valuable stones within a radius of 4 feet from the character are randomly exchanged for one another.
>>
>>46338295
The immovable rod is an old classic.

It's a short nigh-indestructible metal rod, and when activated, it becomes immovably anchored in space.

Best hope your planetoid is a stationary disc, and not speeding at thousands of miles an hour through space
>>
>>46338930
>Best hope your planetoid is a stationary disc, and not speeding at thousands of miles an hour through space
If you're going to bring science into this, you're doing it wrong. Everything is relative. The velocity of a body depends entirely on your viewpoint. It is only acceleration that is objective (such as the circular motion of a planet around a star).
>>
>>46338078
>Tome of the Wandering Eye
Fairly nondescript book, only gibberish written in it. Comes with a runestone. When runestone is activated, anyone who catches sight of the book will be compelled to pick it up and read it, and will be so enthralled by it that they zone out and think of nothing else. They awaken from this state if something very intense, like a loud noise or someone making harsh physical contact with them (shove, strike, flesh wound, etc.), or when the runestone is deactivated.

>Talisman of Good Vibes
Necklace made of some un-noteworthy metal. When worn, any music performed by the wearer will appeal to basically everyone and get the whole place in good spirits. No other effects.

>Wand of Potato
When used on any roughly potato-sized object, makes that object appear to be a potato (NOTE: objects glamoured this way are not actually potatoes, and it is not advisable that you try to eat, stew, ferment, or do other potato-related things with them).
>>
File: 1448077265936.jpg (178 KB, 700x1036) Image search: [Google]
1448077265936.jpg
178 KB, 700x1036
Op here. I can see lots of fun to be had with these, I guess as a newish GM though, should I just straight up tell them what they do, or let them figure it out on there own
>>
Jug of Jiggles
An ornate dark jade pitcher shaped vaigely like a voluptuous womanoid. When one upsets the pitchers condense one must dance to an intensity correlating to the upset. This does not make one GOOD at dancing.

Fairy Caller
A short, wooden recorder life whistle with green leaves still growing out if it. When one plays it it calls fairies, but you can't see them. They do some fairy shit, get someone turned around in the woods, make everyone fall in love with the wrong people, etc. but there's no way to predict what will happen or to who.
>>
Corgi of Corpses
A literal tiny red dog capable of devouring an entire (dead) humanoid body in seconds. Their lifespan, age, origin, and intelligence is unknown.
>>
>>46340813
If you're not familiar with it, there's a list of trinkets with good descriptions that may or may not serve an applicable purpose. It's in 5e D&D's player's handbook and has a percentile roll chart too.
>>
>>46338078
Open SCP wiki and mine the Euclid and Safe categories for crazy stuff.
>>
>>46344335
Not OP, but this is now going into my setting. thank you.~
>>
>>46338078
Orb of Slope Finding. When set upon a horizontal surface, it will tell you the angle and direction of its slope.
>>
>>46346546
>When set upon a horizontal surface,
You bastard.
>>
File: 1403224573159.jpg (63 KB, 620x400) Image search: [Google]
1403224573159.jpg
63 KB, 620x400
>>46344473
ok i see that now, ill probably be using that alot then.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.