[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Death Consuls Space Marine Chapter Creation
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 16
File: 1459121626465.jpg (46 KB, 400x500) Image search: [Google]
1459121626465.jpg
46 KB, 400x500
This thread is for the home brewed SM Chapter the Death Consuls.
Rolled info
>Crusade.
>31st Millenium.
>Traitor Legion or Unknown.
>Pure.
>See, But Don't Be Seen.
>1st Company Captain lost to the Warp.
>Ice Hive World.
>Direct Rule.
>Codex-Adherent.
>Terror Tactics.
>Emperor Above All.
>Nominal Strength.
>Friends with Adeptus Arbites.
>Enemies with CSM, specifically Night Lords.
So far we got an emblem and chapter colors.
We also rolled up the home planet Siberis, a Soviet-esque penal colony.
Previous thread: http://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive/46295002/#p46296478
>>
>living on Siberis for generations, hunting tactics used by the great cats have slowly but steadily become a part of the chapter's combat doctrine.

>Even it's investigations of heresy on other planets have been noted by the arbites and several inquisitors to be...unorthodox. Instead of arresting and making the cultists confess, the Death's Consuls have been known to let the cultists stew for years on end before swooping in and killing them in extreme manners. The corpses left behind to be cleaned up by local law enforcement of inquisitorial troops have been described as being hunted down and immolated.

>Due to such a peculiar anti-heresy strategy, the world of siberis has drawn the attention of the ordo hereticus. While inquisitorial investigations have taken place, there has been no evidence of chaos activity on the planet. However, more purist aspects of the Ecclisiarchy have raised concerns about the presence of strange shamanistic totems on the planets that penal worlders use to appease the god of the hunt. It remains to be seen if they worship the emperor, or some ruinous power of chaos.

Basic gist of the chapter's modus operandi. And it's relation to the powers that be at large.
>>
File: 20160329_005103.jpg (3 MB, 5312x2988) Image search: [Google]
20160329_005103.jpg
3 MB, 5312x2988
As stated above, we've got so far is a loyalist Night Lords chapter who've got a penchant for being terrifying secret police...armed with flamers. So far the defacto enemy of the DCS is Deldar. The DCs wish to show them the true meaning of fear, the chapter champion even pursued the Deldar back into the webway and followed them home. Lastly, they have a big cat motif going on. Also, German-Austrian naming conventions.

Pictured:
Chapter emblem V.1
>>
Alright, so when we left off we were going to begin figuring out some possible relics. Considering the age of the chapter, they would possess quite a few.
>>
>>46336115
the kitty needs whiskers. They have two people of renown in the chapter. One is the aforementioned 1st company captain, who is still technically the leader of the first company.
And the second big guy is their first recruit from the Siberis. he did wibbly wobbly mystical stuff before he became a spess mahreen.
>>
>>46336156
loads of CQB power weapons from their HH days as the night lords. It goes well with their hunting style. Termies are famous for having power claws with flamers as a weapon
>>
Would they be yay or nay on dreadnaughts? Dreadnaughts are pretty intimidating physically, but are pretty hard to use in a stealth role.
>>
>>46336351
how about this, because they are hunters, when one of them is unable to 'hunt' anymore, the others put him down with dignity. Emperor's mercy instead of having dreadnoughts.

>inb4 magical realm
>>
>>46336388
Nah, I'd say Dreads are fine. Sometimes, the scariest thing around is a big hulking machine of doom.

Plus, you can't stealth your way out of everything. Sometimes you just need to bring out the big guns.
>>
>>46336639
Are there even any night lord dreadnoughts?
>>
>>46336388
Hmm, yeah I like that idea. It's sort of an obligatory thing for Death Consuls, like unless the Marine specifically request dreadnaught-hood, so as to "transcend the hunt" , they are given the emperors peace so that may now enter the grand hunt at his side when he returns.
>>
>>46336685
I don't know.

>>46336790
Eh, if you guys like the idea, then go for it.
>>
>>46336916
sounds good. This way they get to have dreadnoughts, and keep their creed.

Alright. How do we keep their hunting style compatible with the codex?
>>
>>46336967
Hmmm... That's a good question.

We could just say that they follow the Codex closely, but not to the letter, like some chapters?
>>
>>46337025
yeah. They took out the Stehl Rehn bits.
>>
>>46336790
Yeah, like as a whole they generally follow the codex, but have a habit of cutting out bits they disagree with and emphasizing or interpreting the bits that work for them.
>>
Now that we have the basic few interactions between the DCs figured out, what about interactions between other non imperium/non CSM/non DEldar? Have they had any major battles with 'nids and orcs? Have they waged a game of cat and mouse with the tau or normal eldar? I guess we just need to fluff out some important historical events.
>>
>>46337817
I kinda wrote in the chapter heroes story that they have fought on occasion alongside CWE. They will probably beat up the tau for their corrupting influence. I was also considering letting them join the deathwatch enthusiastically. After all, its the best place for a big game hunter.
>>
>>46337817
True enough. I'd like to think that they'd have a jolly good time fighting 'nids, considering that they're some of the biggest beasts of all.

>>46337963
Yeah, I can see them joining the Deathwatch enthusiastically.

Idea for a character:
Have one based off of General Zaroff from "The Most Dangerous Game" short story. Pretty cool story with an implied ending.

We could spin it as a tragic hero where he fails his hunt, like the Zaroff in the story, or we could just lightly base him off of the Zaroff in the story.

The same could be said the the protagonist of the story, Rainsford.
>>
>>46338085
I don't know the story. Someone else can write it.
>>
File: NL_Contemptor_1.jpg (62 KB, 1028x1028) Image search: [Google]
NL_Contemptor_1.jpg
62 KB, 1028x1028
>>46336685
Yes.
>>
>>46338304
I found out that they have a named dread as well. Not sure if he's a proper statted out character, but his name's Malcharion.
>>
>>46338304
and they expect to be taken seriously.
>>
File: NL Dreadnought.jpg (586 KB, 1052x1094) Image search: [Google]
NL Dreadnought.jpg
586 KB, 1052x1094
>>46338583
I forgot his name.
>>46338641
Have a better version.
>>
>>46339465
it looks like something out of dragon ball.

Fuck, it looks like pilaf's robot
>>
File: 1436380430637.jpg (35 KB, 800x680) Image search: [Google]
1436380430637.jpg
35 KB, 800x680
>>46339524
It's just the Contemptor pattern, m8.
>>
>>46339564
the pic makes it look like pilaf's robot
>>
>>46339583
Someone did take that and made a chaplain BT dread out of it.
>>
Can we start fluffing out the guard more?
>>
>>46340326
Agreed.

Should we roll up the Auxilary, or focus on the Penal Legion?
>>
>>46340376
auxiliary first, PL later.
>>
File: image.jpg (460 KB, 1024x640) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
460 KB, 1024x640
Rolled 72, 73, 28, 18, 21, 69, 35, 70, 43, 50, 49, 35 = 563 (12d100)

>>46340386
Sure thing.

Ignore the rolls that cannot be used, such as the homeworld.
>>
>>46340447
didn't we do this last time?
>>
>>46340447
>Core Units: Drop
>Ranged Combat.
>Fanatical.
>All Female (Ratio can be adjusted).
>Elite Tithe.
>Augmented Troops.
>For the Homeworld.

I skipped a few of the spots for it to work better. After all, they're from Siberis, and as our Auxilaries, we'd be their friends/allies.

>>46340482
Nah, we used that for the Penal Legion.
>>
>>46340561
all female. Can we change that to mixed gender, having chicks be the primary policing army of a penal world is kinda weird.
>>
>>46340594
Eh, ratio can be adjusted, but I'd stick with mostly female.

Besides, it seems interesting to me.

Wonder where everyone else is?
>>
>>46340624
don't know. Having a mixed fanatical force of people trying to save their homeworld is better than having only chicks.
Having a healthy 50/50 ratio would be better because you now have augmented fanatics that are pretty good fighters to boot defending their planet. Plus it is a cool contrast to the Dark Eldar raids.
>>
>>46340561
Shoot, I just thought of a name.

The Siberis Amazon Korps.
>"Serve with Siberis' rulers in their campaigns! Bring glory to our homeworld!"
>>
>>46340708
Shouldn't the auxiliaries be a police force and militia stiffened by the chapter?

Like leave the good gears for the offworld tithes. Badass cyborg chicks being mini arbites on a frozen hive city is kinda awesome
>>
>>46340673
Well, I just thought of a good reason for it fluffwise as well.

Since the children of Siberis are taken and trained as either guardsmen, Arbites, or as prospective Neophytes, the toughest female children are taken into the Auxilary as a testament to their strength.

Honestly, I like it. It fits with the fluff, too.
>>
>>46340761
you convinced me too. So they get deployed for Peacekeeping missions that they are generally good enough to perform effectively, while the menfolk join the Honorary Penal Legion. So between the Space marines, guards and auxiliaries we have the perfect planet to garrison a and make sure heresy is rooted out.
>>
File: image.jpg (83 KB, 736x789) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
83 KB, 736x789
>>46340804
Pretty much pic related on Siberis and other Death Consul controlled worlds.
>>
>>46340846
yep. Its funny how we ended up rolling the perfect heresy remover. Shitloads of good enough auxiliaries to garrison and win the propaganda war. Guardsmen to suppress rebellion and root out heresy and cults, and the Space Marines to watch over them and make sure Dark Eldar shit themselves.
>>
>>46340885
I'm going to post them on the Sector thread, just finished eating dinner.
>>
Cooking up a short story for the PDF and the 'Penal Legion' Working together on a new peacekeeping world. Don't expect too much action, but a little lovey dovey stuff.
>>
>>46341144
alright. Sounds good.
Skitarii anon, I would like to propose that the DCAC is now a Penal Legion in name only, because they exist to support the DC operations
>>
>>46341162
Nice!

>>46341203
Nah, I'd say that they're an actual penal legion, but they're mostly reformed due to them being broken and reforged.

Unless that's what you meant?
>>
>>46341260
I meant more like a penal legion because their world is technically a penal planet still, but instead of getting shiny collars and too many commissars, they are a more professional army. You really can't have Suicidal slaves doing CoIN ops.
>>
>>46341302
Ah, I see, yeah that's totally fine!

Fits with the established fluff anyways, in that they "Reforge and Remake them in the image of the Imperium as an ideal citizen and/or soldier."
>>
>>46341375
pretty much. A penal legion in name because of their homeworld. A regular guard army like the Afrika Korps with exploding palm trees in effect
>>
>>46341402
Aye, sounds good to me!

Siberis Penal Korps for their name?
>"Here you shall serve, in order to fully cleanse your sins, and to bring glory to our home of Siberis!"
>>
>>46341613
I thought we were going with the DCAC
Death Corps Auxiliary Corps
>>
>>46341669
Nah man, the All Female one is the Auxiliaries. The Counter Insurgency guys are the actual legitimate Regiment from the planet.

Doesn't mean that they can't work together, however.
>>
Eh, I'm back. So what exactly do we got now. Is it the auxiliary or the pdf that's mostly female.
>>
>>46341700
wait, so hold up. How many regiments does this planet even have?
>>
>>46341700
Well that answers that
>>
>>46341734
One regiment:
The Penal Legion.
One Auxilary/Pseudo Regiment:
The All female Auxilary.

Do we agree on the name I cane up for them, or de we discuss that? I'm fine with changing it if you guys want to.
>>
>>46341734
We got a regiment, an aux...and a pdf? Is that good?
>>
>>46341831
Can we just combine the auxiliary regiments into one, it might get too confusing. Siberis is a wintry hellhole with exploding coconuts after all.
>>
>>46341831
>>46341840
Ok, that clears it up.
>>
>>46341868
>>46341840
I am restating my previous point
>>
>>46341851
We only have one auxilary, my confused friend.
>>
>>46341924
but we have 3 seperate regiments. Either we collapse the psuedo regiment into the legion or into the auxiliary. fluffing 3 regiments out is going to be hard
>>
>>46341952
No man, the auxilary IS the pseudo regiment.

The All Female Auxilary.

The Counter Insurgency Penal Legion.

Only two.
>>
>>46341981
Ok. Gotcha.
>>
>>46342021
Alright, glad you understand and that we've got the confusion sorted out.

How about we fluff up one of them more?
>>
>>46342047
I am writing a short story about a girl from the auxiliary corp and a retired commissar who decide to get married at the end of a peacekeeping mission that I alluded to in the previous thread. The thing is, even after the imperium has moved in, it is less oppressive than Siberis.
>>
>>46342092
Ooh, sounds interesting! Can't wait.
>>
Corporal Mathilde slung her kitbag over her shoulder and looked at herself in the mirror. Her helmet hung over her head, its straps tightened and shining in the light. Her unit citation - freshly minted and given to her shone brightly on her chest. She was getting late for the pict session.

The Siberis Amazon Korps was leaving the world of Argenta in a grand parade. Their peacekeeping mission had been a resounding success, and she had stood with solemn pride as the 3rd company chapter master had saluted the dead and the injured from all three service branches of the Siberis Armed Forces.

Even though they were wildly different in their actions, the three forces had shed blood together to bring this planet back into the emperor's light. Now their work was done, and they could go back home. Honestly, she didn't want to go back to Siberis anymore.

She had it all planned out with the Dashing Commissar Fritz Von Leiter. She had met him for the first time when she was assigned to guard duty at the Order Hospitaller medical facility. The Amazon Korps chafed at the fact that the Death's Consuls went out of their way to deploy them away from the front lines. Her company captain personally called the Force commander certain names that would have resulted in a court martial, but there were no snitches in her company.
>>
>>46342220
I'm liking this.
>>
>>46342220
She had met Fritz when he was recovering from his wounds. He had specifically requested not to have augmentations grafted to him. The years he had spent among the 'penal legion' had turned him into a native of Siberis' badlands, and he abhorred augmentation unless it was absolutely necessary. She had befriended him during his long convalescence and they had swapped stories about their service and careers. Before long they were swapping kisses and more. She had half expected it to be a casual fling - finding comfort for herself on a distant world. However, it had turned serious at some point. She was not sure when they were in love, but she had gladly agreed when the commissar had proposed to her on his birthday.

And here she was. Being the spouse of a member of the imperial Commissariat, she would be allowed to remain with him, wherever he went. Her resignation had been processed extremely speedily and she wondered if a laspistol in the hands of her betrothed had played a hand. As it was, when the Amazon Korps departed, she would be a citizen of Argenta. Tonight was to be her last night with her unit. She couldn't help but feel nostalgic for the women she had entrusted her life to during her tour of duty.

They were trained well, actually much better than several imperial guard tithes. They were given the newer pattern flak jackets which were lighter and better at resisting stubgun fire, the perfect armor for peacekeepers. Their semiautomatic lascarbines carried them firefights with rebellious hivegangers with ease, and they had restored order to the city with remarkable ease. Her unit's bravery had earned her a placement in the newly raised Argentan PDF alongside her fiance, and she looked forward to start a new life here.

Despite all the problems with this world, it's people were remarkably free. Arbites wouldn't arrest entire families and make them disappear overnight, priests were counselors and not spies, and the people elected their own leaders.
>>
>>46342592
Mathilde might miss her new comrades and the soldiers she had gotten to know during her tours of duty, but she was not going to miss Siberis. She had resented the place since her family had disappeared one day. She knew very well what might have happened to them, and she wanted to break free. The emperor had given her a chance, and she had seized it. Now she looked forward to building a new life here, on a planet that was unlike Siberis as possible. She looked at the picture of her unit before deployment. A few of them were dead now, good people, deserving of much better than what their home gave them. She only prayed that they found happiness.
>>
>>46342592
I'm really liking it.
>>
>>46342689

The next day, Mathilde and Fritz stood arm in arm as they watched the last troop transports leave the planet. For better or worse, her life as an Amazon was over. She now had new things to look forward to, and a person with which to share them. Arm in arm, the two walked back to their new home, opposite to the Hospitaller Medical facilty where they had first met.
>>
>>46342689
>>46342732
I'm a bit confused as to why you separated these two, but I quite liked them.

Is there more, or do we start discussions now?
>>
>>46342829
I pressed enter too fast.

go ahead. start discussing.
>>
>>46342864
Ah, I see then!
Good work as always.

One thing I have to say is that if this was to agree on the fluff, she most likely wouldn't remember, or have few memories of her family, as well as her being conditioned to love Siberis, as all good and loyal citizens should.

However, I'm perfectly fine with it, as we could say that she was from a more influential family, or somesuch, wich would make far more sense and help with making the story fit with the fluff.

I'd say that the Auxilaries act more like the personal Regiment that the chapter owns and operates, with them operating vehicles for them, as well as going into combat alongside the chapter when needed, or to provide a distraction so that the Marines can begin Infiltration/Terror strategies.

All in all, I'd say that it was great, however, and that this is more constructive criticism than anything. Great job, my friend!

Also, I'm really wondering where everyone went.
>>
>>46342991
I was going for a more strict police state angle than a literal brainwashing thing. Its like people defecting from NoKo. She has tasted a better life and managed to secure it for herself.

personally I would like to let the auxiliaries remain as garrison forces and rear echelon troops, while letting the men doing the heavy lifting. People don't like qts getting hurt. Its not good for morale.
>>
>>46343056
I get what you're saying, and I agree with the Police State bit completely, but since we rolled both Fanatical, and For the Homeworld as part of them, I assume that they'd love Siberis, and indeed act as a mini Arbites force when off-duty.

However, I disagree with the second part of your statement for two reasons.
The Auxilaries are meant to fight alongside the Chapter.
They're the Elite women of Siberis for a reason.

My second reason is that this is 40k, stuff like this is normal.

Do you see what I'm trying to say?
>>
>>46343164
its your planet m8.

Ultramarine auxiliaries generally sit around the sector IIRC, so I kinda thought of the amazons like that. They tag along, crew vehicles and do RE stuff, but they not on par with the guardsmen as being frontline units. they are elite PDF with nice gear. Kinda like the chinese units that showed up during the transfer of hong kong.
>>
>>46343225
Eh, you're right. I'm just tired and exhuasted what with getting a new puppy.

Never mind my last bit, you're right about that part, I suppose.
>>
>>46343253
nice, you better name it skip.
>>
>>46343306
Nah, my baby sister decided to name him Bear.

He's a toy poodle. I found the name too funny to not to.

Anyways, back to work!
Now if only there were other anons to actually help us out.
>>
>>46343336
yeah, I am about to hit the hay. so now we have good in universe views of how the fair ladies of siberis operate, and how everything is not perfect
>>
>>46343336
Whatcha need help with
>>
>>46343384
I composed 4 short stories to see how the chapter operates. Can you please upload them to the wiki archiverat sama?
>>
>>46343414
Give me 4 minutes and I'll get on it
>>
>>46343372
Indeed!

I'm feeling a bit tired as well. Could you archive this for me? I'll stay up a but and see if I can't get other anons to help out. Hopefully someone like Arbites, he'd prolly be able to smooth out anything we missed.

>>46343384
Well... That was fast.

Mostly just fluffing out the chapter itself, such as any particularly important battles, and the wiki page.

We've got the Planet, and the Auxilaries down to a T, pretty much. I suppose the Penal Legion could use some fluffing as well.
>>
>>46343431
Talked much about tactics?
>>
>>46343463
yes. Its on the previous page.
>>
>>46343463
On the previous thread, but like all things, could use more fluff, as well as actual strategies.
>>
>>46342220
>>46342592
>>46342689
>>46342732
This what you want on there?
>>46343414
>>
>>46343537
yes, this is one of the stories I wrote
>>
>>46343555
Got a name for it? Just calling it "Writefaggotry" seems a little indescriptive
>>
>>46343617
Farewell to Siberis

that seems nice.
>>
>>46343635
>Farewell to Siberis
It's up there, guy. What this page really needs is an intro/summary
>>
>>46343660

The Death's consuls are a loyalist chapter made up from the remnants of the Nightlords. While Kurze was being an edgy little shit, some of the nightlords from Nostramo remembered the good old days when everything was fine and dandy in their little corner of the imperium.
After the heresy, due to their heroic conduct. they were given control of an icy hellhole that was also a penal colony because someone someone in the administratum really REALLY hated nightlords and/or Batman.

Of course being straight edge bastards, they managed to turn this backward icy hellhole into frozen australia plus North Korea IN SPACE,
>>
>>46343750
also, the chapter's place in the imperium is marked here.>>46335959
>>
>>46343750
I'd say less North Korea, and more Soviet Russia.

But that's just me. Or a mix of both.

Anyways, I'm going to bed. G'night all.
>>
Also,

>>46319552
>>46319857
>>46320092
>>46320312
>>46320625
>>46320917
>>46321153

Writefaggotry about the second chapter master, and the first recruit from Siberis.
>>
>>46343809
>>46343750
Trying to get all the links to work, but its up there. It might be good to lay out some structure to the wiki. We can do it like the Abyssal Jaws or something more structured like the Star Krakens
>>
>>46343660
Link?
>>
>>46343866
ok. East germany it is then.
>>
>>46343888
https://1d4chan.org/wiki/Death_Consuls
Pretty barebones as of now
>>
>>46343888
look up in the wiki cliff.

>>46343886
yeah, I linked the chapter's relation to the imperium at large>>46343809
>>
>>46343891
I'm fine with East Germany. Sounds perfect to me.

>>46343886
I'd like to get something that looks nice, at the very least. But at least we have a wiki page.

>>46343906
Nice!

Alrighr, I'm going to bed for reals now.
>>
>>46343915
>yeah, I linked the chapter's relation to the imperium at large>>46343809

It talks a decent amount about their combat doctrine in there, so I don't know about it, but I put it in relations anyways
>>
>>46344030
yep. It is supposed to be a mixture of both.

>>46321153

This thread has the writefaggotry I conjured up earlier.
>>
>>46344055
Name for it?
>>
>>46344081
Tale of the Tiger

Honestly, make it into it's own page. There is another story in that page and another blurb as well. It makes the wiki a little more navigable.
>>
>>46344098
I can just put all the writefaggotry on one page like https://1d4chan.org/wiki/Hua_Yuan_Exterminator_Writefaggotry
>>
>>46344126
sounds good.

I can help you shorten down the key features from the story that you can cram into the chapter wiki.
>>
>>46344143
What's important for the wiki is that we have all the information. Some /tg/ homebrews just dump everything under "fluff" and highlight the important stuff by having their own section for it. It depends on how you want to handle this
>>
>>46344181
Well lets see. I can help redo the combat doctrine.

The Death's Consuls are codex adherent - to a degree. They know that due to their dubious heritage, and practice of non- ecclesiastical worship, they are always under some form of surveillance from the Imperium. As a result, they follow the codex astartes - as long as it suits them.

Ever since their second chapter master, they have slowly but steadily incorporated the hunting tactics of the Great White Tigers that Roam the planet's surface. As a result, scout training is far more rigorous that is generally adopted by the codex. While the devastators and tactical teams follow the tactics and ideas of the Codex Astartes, they are also taught to camouflage themselves and stalk their targets, like big cats are wont to do.

They are generally kitted for close quarters combat, with a large number of flamers and melta weapons. Due to their long history, they also have a larger number of power weapons than average.

Interestingly, the chapter has few dreadnoughts. Wounded Consuls are generally given the emperor's benediction, because a permanently crippled hunter is a pitiful creature.
>>
>>46344360
>The Death's Consuls are codex adherent - to a degree. They know that due to their dubious heritage, and practice of non- ecclesiastical worship, they are always under some form of surveillance from the Imperium. As a result, they follow the codex astartes - as long as it suits them.
>Ever since their second chapter master, they have slowly but steadily incorporated the hunting tactics of the Great White Tigers that Roam the planet's surface. As a result, scout training is far more rigorous that is generally adopted by the codex. While the devastators and tactical teams follow the tactics and ideas of the Codex Astartes, they are also taught to camouflage themselves and stalk their targets, like big cats are wont to do.
>They are generally kitted for close quarters combat, with a large number of flamers and melta weapons. Due to their long history, they also have a larger number of power weapons than average.
>Interestingly, the chapter has few dreadnoughts. Wounded Consuls are generally given the emperor's benediction, because a permanently crippled hunter is a pitiful creature.
Good stuff, I'll throw it up there
>>
>>46344696
have you put up tale of the tiger there?
>>
>>46344748
Thought we were going for a separate page. I don't think there's a way to make things collapsible, so it would take up a lot of space
>>
Also, this story about why they hate the dark eldar, and seem acquainted with the cw eldar,

>>46322516
>>46322744
>>46323048
>>46323214
>>
>>46344766
oh yeah. Silly me. Right now the page is pretty barebones without the story.
And I really need to wait for someone else to flesh out the ideas. Its skitarii's chapter, not mine
>>
>>46344805
>Its skitarii's chapter, not mine
It's neither's. It's everyone who gets involved's. As long as we have a group consensus about stuff, it's all good. If it'll make it any better, I can hold off until tomorrow after I put up the stories, that way we can run everything past everyone
>>
>>46344825
all the stuff that I linked from the previous page was pretty agreed upon as being part of the chapter's story.
>>
>>46323815
>>46324075
here is a story about the 1st company captain fulfilling his oath in a grisly fashion.
>>
>>46344696
I quite like it, good job writing that up.

>>46344805
Nononono! It's everyone's chapter! You worked on it, so you get credit as well, my friend.

>>46344825
He's right with what he said, everyone's chapter.

Anyways, I really must sleep, instead of mess around in the bunch of threads I've been in, just without my name.
>>
>>46344785
Don't mean to keep doing this, but this one have a name?
>>
Is it alright if I write a short synopsis for the chapter heroes?
>>
>>46345032
First Lieutenant
>>
>>46345034
Its literally the opposite. Please write one up
>>
>>46345062
https://1d4chan.org/wiki/Death_Consuls_Writefaggotry
Here you go, guy
>>
>>46345062
Ya know, if you're cool with it, the Golden Spectres could use some high quality writefaggotry
>>
>>46345223
m8, I would love to, but its kinda complicated for me.
>>
>>46345271
>complicated
Whatcha mean? It's cool if you don't
>>
Jurgen of the Tigers: The second Chapter master of the Death's consuls and the first recruit for the chapter since the horus heresy

Jurgen was sent to the planet of Siberis along with his mother and baby sister when their father was caught poaching on some noble's hunting grounds. Jurgen was captured as he tried to escape and deported. His father was executed for trespassing.

Settling with his mother and sister on the far reaches of Siberis, Jurgen put his father's lessons to good use and became a hunter. He leaped into prominence when he was the first human to actually hunt down a Great white tiger. It was thought that the tigers were a part of the world, and the local shamans thought that the great hunter had marked Jurgen. He is said to have walked into the proving grounds wearing the tiger's hide as a cloak and standing triumphant at the end of the day armed with nothing but his flaying knife.

His rise among the Death's consuls was meteoric, and with the loss of Malus Nighthaunter and Markus Bloodbane during the devastating Dark eldar raid of Siberis, he was elected to be chapter master.
His first act was to make the chapter swear the vow of Bloodbane as their own, and his second was to make Bloodbane the captain of the 1st company until he was proved to be Killed in Action.

He was granted the emperor's benediction at the end of the first Black crusade, forgoing the chance to be entombed in a dreadnought because he believed that a crippled tiger was the most pitiful creature of them all.
>>
>>46345296
I am not too good with vietnamese names. I can whip something up, but the names will be single alphabets.
>>
>>46345330
Hey, if anything, I can go threw and vietnamese the names up

It would be so much appreciated, man
>>
>>46345349
sure. Let me finish this synopsis for bloodbane and I will be back.
>>
>>46345362
Aye Aye captain

Thanks
>>
Unfortunately, I can't do much more wiki-ing as I gotta sleep. I did get all the stories up, however
>>
Markus Bloodbane and Malus Nighthaunter: A small time crook in Nostramo, Markus was put out of business under the regime of Konrad Kurze. He found employment with a idealistic young boy called Malus and watched as Nostramo became an ordered place under the jackboot of Konrad Kurze. It was an inspiration to both of them, and they joined up with the night haunters when the emperor came to Nostramo.

Years later, the corruption in nostramo filled Bloodbane's heart with fury. All that had been accomplished was for naught as without kurze the world fell into ruin. While the horus heresy razed, around 2 companies led by the Malus and Markus survived and fought on the sides of the loyalists, making sure that civilians were not unduly harmed. After the heresy, they were awarded with a penal world of Siberis, and it was expected that the chapter would die slowly.
However, the world turned out to be an excellent recruiting ground due to harsh weather and the hunting practices of it's people.

As the chapter expanded again, it took on more characteristics of the world and began worshipping the emperor in the form of the huntmaster. Being pragmatists, the old guard welcomed the huntmaster as the emperor watching over the chapter.

They were both lost when the first company was deployed against a dark eldar invasion of Siberis. When his oldest friend died killing the Xeno leader, Bloodbane swore an oath to make the dark eldar taste fear and despair as their slaves did before stepping into the webway pursuing the retreating eldar. Since his body and armor were never recovered, Bloodbane continues to be the captain of the 1st company in absentia.
>>
>>46345488
I got the other characters done
>>
>>46345559
>>46345548
I can try adding it on mobile, I guess
>>
>>46345611
I added it to the wiki. I will correct the typos later.
>>
>>46345611
>>46345559
It's up
>>
>>46345646
hey archiverat, any way to add a short blurb to the writefaggotry explaining the fluff?
>>
>>46345687
Not sure what you mean, but yes
>>
>>46345773
I was thinking it would be nicer if a short blurb explaining what the stories are all about.
>>
>>46345826
A sentence or two would work. We could always just have a link to the mainpage
>>
>>46345893
yeah, I suppose that works just as well.
>>
Drawfriend, if you could make a young boy with a lasrifle standing over the body of a tiger, it would be much appreciated.
>>
>>46346287
I will see if I can do it, I'm gonna be quite busy tomorrow and I need sleep.
>>
What's next on the fluff agenda
>>
the planet's topography, and maybe a short story where the chapter hunts alongside the CWE
>>
>>46349021
>planets topography
That seems a little banal. What about a concrete history, with specific dates and battles?
>>
>>46349439
gotta start a little mundane eh/
>>
>>46349439
I like this, I'd try to help out, but I'm real busy today, won't be able to do much for about six more hours.
>>
I'll try to get to work on some pictures, but I'm a bit bogged down in work
>>
Doing a short description of good old Siberis
>>
Siberis is an icy planet that is about the size of terra, and orbits located in the _____________ system. It orbits the star_____________ with a standard revolution lasting for twice as long as the terran year.

The planet's topography is largely shaped by volcanic activity that took place in the planet's distant past and has led to a formation of rocky hills and low mountains. The gaseous discharge during this volcanic activity led to the formation several exotic examples of fauna, chief among which is the 'Fiery Palm tree' that is made famous on the unit patches of the Siberis Auxiliaries.

Siberis was rumored to be first settled during mankind's expansion into the system some 30 millenia ago. Several ruins that are human in origin have been found near the planet's equator and seem to indicate a more moderate temperature.

Siberis is known because of the presence of the Great White Tigers. Apparently introduced by it's first human settlers, the tigers adapted to the rapidly freezing planet and took on the role of the apex predator. It is of religious significance to the more rural populations on the planet and worshiped as messengers of the God Emperor.
>>
>>46352856
more mention must be made of the afore mentioned palm trees.

They are an indigenous species, not an offworld import as some may posit. The tree itself resembles a giant palm tree, and is infamous for it's fruit. Resembling a coconut, its interior is actually a volatile mixture of several chemicals that exist in equilibrium inside the shell of the fruit. When exposed to elements the chemicals react and produce comparable heat to a melta weapon.

Analysis of the trees by the adeptus biologis seems to suggest that the trees draw energy from photosynthesis only early on in their lives. As their roots grow deeper into the planet's surface, they draw energy from geothermal sources instead. The changes in the plant's physiology at this stage allow it to produce the dreaded "Flaming Coconuts" that one has doubtless heard of on Siberis. While it beggars belief that such a strange plant exists, the question arises whether this is the work of the earlier human settlers, or something far more alien.
>>
there, a story on the exploding coconut palm trees.
>>
>>46352856
>>46352582
>>46353052
>>46353065
I love you.
>>
>>46353298
Anon,I...
>>
>>46353351
I'm surprised my joke has made it being something serious now, but with Catachan the palm trees don't seem too far fetched.
>>
>>46353417
Eh, I am happy I managed to fit it into the setting.
>>
>>46353475
At least it's nothing like Pyrr. The one world that makes Catachan looks like a cakewalk without being in the Eye.
>>
>>46353525
yeah, reading my description of siberis, it seems like a pretty alright place. Harder than an agriworld but nothing too edgy.
>>
>>46353553
40k needs less edge anyway. At least 5% of unneeded edge at least.
>>
>>46353718
I agree.
>>
>>46354023
So what did I miss from the thread? When did the Genestealers get to Seberis?
>>
>>46354045
No fucking clue man. I just wrote the backstory for the flaming coconuts
>>
File: image.jpg (130 KB, 760x755) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
130 KB, 760x755
>>46354214
My bad. Since there are stealers that means a Hive Fleet should be on its way yes?
>>
>>46354393
either that or some fresh meat sent to the penal world might be tainted.
>>
>>46354486
Either a hive fleet could be on its way. Genestealer cults are nothing but big shining "Eat at Joe's" to the Hive Mind.
>>
>>46354545
if anything it raises the stakes too fucking much. A better idea would be that they discover that the latest group of prisoners are genestealers and take over another imperial planet searching for them. Then the penal legion gets to do shit
>>
>>46354660
It really depends on the number of cultists. One world had 75% of its population walk calmly to the digestion pools. All cultists.
>>
>>46354767
yeah, but the world itself is too fluffed out already. Having genestealers being shoved in there is going to be difficult.
>>
>>46354045
Don't know when, but since our Penal Legion is trained in Counter Insurgency, perhaps that they could be currently hunting them down, before a Hive fleet can arrive?
>>
>>46354796
Just say it's a recent arrival or cultists got shipped there and trying to set up shop anew. That could work right?
>>
>>46354845
Oh yeah. The hive would lose its beacon and go terrorize some other unlucky saps.
>>
>>46354852
pretty much.
>>
>>46354899
Now that I realize it the cults are going to have a hard time either way since we're terror police and North Korea.
>>
>>46354979
yes. That was the plan.
>>
>>46355033
My bad. What's left to fluff out? Where we are in the galaxy?
>>
>>46354845
>>46354852
We could combine these, they find evidence of a cult, and send in the Penal Legion to get rid of them as fast as possible, and thanks to their Counter Insurgency training, it'd help them out with their mission.

>>46354979
They don't have to have such a hard time, don't the cults integrate into where they are? They might've learned to stay extra quiet about their activity, and during a roundup/investigation, one of their members is taken away and found out, thus necessitating the need to send the Penal Korps out to hubt down the Cult?

But I still say Soviet controlled East Germany, or somesuch like that. A mix of the two sounds like what we're going for.
>>
>>46355099
If it's one Genestealer then things become the Aliens campaign in every single AvP game mixed into one. If it's two cultists who don't know any better and got sent here for say public indecency and want to introduce their "sect of the Imperial Cult" then there's the integration part you're looking for.
>>
>>46355076
pretty much. The chapter is rather well fluffed out to be frank
>>
>>46355188
Yeah, that sounds good to me.
>>
>>46355191
So do we move on to the sector at large?
>>
>>46355322
Siberus is part of the Vasenica Sector in >>46348741
You can go there if you want to help fluff it?
>>
>>46355383
Thanks.
>>
Guys, I wonder if the Death's consuls would be neutral towards the exodites and CWE. Their beef is against the dark eldar and since they fight them often, they should know that DE are their own species, different from the craftworld Eldar or the exodites.
>>
>>46355740
Nah, more Allies of Convenience sort of thing. If DEldar show up, and CWE show up, they'll team up to kill the DEldar, then maybe let the CWE live.

Is that fine?
>>
>>46355740
Most Imperials can't tell the difference between Eldar at all.
>>
>>46355837
yeah. They don't actively seek out and kill them. Kind of a - don't shank us and we won't shank you kinda dealie.
>>
>>46355851
Well most imperials don't have their 1st company captain tearing asses in commoragh
>>
>>46355885
True.
>>
>>46355033
I would love this. There's too many stories out here about LOLGenestealers and how once they show up infiltration is inevitable and the Hive Fleet is practically on its way already. I'd love to see a story where they come up against a target that's actually tough to crack.
>>
>>46357461
>"Genestealers, on my planet?"
>It's more likely than you think! Click here to find out how!

But yes, I'll agree with you.
>>
PAGE 10 BUNP.
>>
>>46360614
I gotcha, man
>>
>>46360659
Thanks.
>>
do you guys need me to fluff up the relations between the eldar and the chapter?
>>
>>46360962
No fluff is bad fluff, my man
>>
Sorry, I've been busy. What are we tackling now?
>>
The Death's Consuls are known for the hatred of the dark eldar and are among the first chapters to respond to news of a kabalite raid. Their hunting tactics and their oaths have pit them against the dark eldar countless times. As a result the chapter and auxiliaries are generally capable of beating back anything but the most determined invasion of the Dark Eldar.

Independent imperial observers have remarked that the Death Consuls tend to 'go for the throat' as it were during these conflicts. Eschewing the more drawn out battles as would be suggested by the Codex Astartes or the Tactica imperialis, the Death Consuls go for an extremely aggressive approach. Along with their propensity for melta and flamer weapons, this invariably results in gruesome casualties for the Dark Eldar.

Curiously enough, and to the consternation of more hardline elements of the ecclisiarchy and the inquisition, the chapter seems to leave exodite worlds alone, and sometimes refuses to engage Eldar forces. While they are always sure to dispatch help if they hear that the xenos are enslaving humans, they are relatively benign when they hear about the occasional planetary nobility death as a result of the action of these xenos.

The chapter was nearly declared renegade after the incident at the exodite world Namanthir. It was only afterwards that it was found out that the chapter was chasing down a particular eldar kabal and was engaged in it's destruction wholesale. The tribunal was satisfied by the defence which proclaimed the Death Consuls had taken advantage of the xeno infighting to destroy a particular kabal. After being judged to be true, the chapter promptly refused to share the details of this split with inquisitors of the Ordo Xenos, claiming that the Inquisition already knew of the matter.
>>
and there a blurb about the space elves.

I don't know what they think about the tau or the other ayylmaos. They obviously don't like chaos and clamp down on nids.
>>
>>46365362
Yeah, giving their relation with every faction wouldn't really be worth it. Just the most relevant ones
>>
>>46365378
so I thought. They like killing edgy pointy ears, and don't like killing their non-edgy cousins
>>
>>46365395
I don't know if this has been touched on, but what is the average wargear these guys are outfitted with? What pattern power armor? What standard weapons?
>>
>>46365034
>>46365395
I like it.

It also reminds me of the Xenarites of Stygies VIII, a near heretical sect of the Adeptus Mechanicus who like the Eldar because they saved them from heretical forces in the Horus Heresy, which caused them to interpret it as the Omnissiah holding influence over the Eldar and their tech, which to them means that it's totally fine to study it, and such.

Wars have been fought against them because of this.

I have rambled off the subject, apologies. I'm too lazy to erase it though.
>>
>>46365450
Well, they are Second founding, so they should have a modicum of wealth, as discussed earlier.

So I'd say the more modern stuff/better stuff.

They have a preference for Flamers and Meltas, for their weapons.

I'd say Mk.7 armor, and Mk.8 for their higher up guys, perhaps?
>>
File: NL dread.jpg (42 KB, 600x620) Image search: [Google]
NL dread.jpg
42 KB, 600x620
>>46336685
>>46338304
>>46339465
>>46339564
are we really forgetting this classic FW dread?
>>
>>46365450
meltas and flamers to burninate the enemy.
My headcanon is that they are all beakies.

>>46365468
see, if only the emps and isha would kiss, it would be alright.
>>
>>46365535
why are beakies always used for "sneaky" marines? is there an actual explanation for this, i.e. is that mark of armor sneakier via tech or something?
>>
>>46365588
because sneakie beakies sound cute.
>>
>>46365588
Raven Guard?
>>
>>46365535
Emps would have to rescue her from Papa Nurgle, first!

>>46365588
Lore-Wise, Beakies are actually better than Mk.7, but more expensive, or at least, I think so. I'm no Space Marine player/Lore master, so I could be wrong, but I know for sure that Beakie helmets are better than Mk.7 helmets.

It's basically the Mk.5 issue all over again, except that Mk.7 isn't bad at all.

However, I believe I am the only one I know who actually prefers the Mk.7 helmet over it, if only because I don't like gow it looks.
>>
>>46365663
>Emps would have to rescue her from Papa Nurgle, first!
thats why he has the legion of the damned. They gonna smash papa nurgle's front door and rescue the emps' waifu.

>>46365534
>flames
>edges
>bayonet of a multimelta
thats a NL alright.
>>
File: RA6th.png (11 KB, 338x21) Image search: [Google]
RA6th.png
11 KB, 338x21
>>46365761
>multi-melta
>>
>>46365818
oops

I was only pretending
>>
Well, I'm off to bed, lads. Have a good one.
>>
So they specialise in Anti-terror tactics and Urban warfare? In that case, they are probably expert infiltrators, intelligence gatherers and occult hunters. Their librarians must be uncommonly well-versed in detecting abnormal psychic activity/warp presence, as well as fear motifs to scare the shit out of the enemies of the Emperor.

Since most of the combat takes part in CQC and fast-moving Urban combat, they primarily utilise flamers/meltas. Power claws/chain swords are a must for RIP and TEAR

Razorbacks, rhinos and Predators would be their mainstay

Damn, I like the Witch-hunter vibe I'm getting, with the mental imagery of a cat playing with its food. It reminds me a bit of the Scary Marines back in the day.

P.S Minor correction, can we call them Albino Ligers, 'Great White Tigers' seem a bit...odd.
>>
>>46366756
fuck off with your High gothic.
We gonna call them tigers and you gonna like it.

also they are not albinos. They have regular eyes and shit.
>>
>>46366756
they specialize in terror tactics and infiltration.
>>
>>46366775
Whoa man, calm down. I'm perfectly fine with his stuff he wrote down.
>>
>>46366834
dude it was a joke.
>>
>>46365514

Combi-meltas?
Combi-flamers?
Melta+Flamers?

>>46365514

I like the armor choice. Throw in a few beakies and Mk IVs and it would be great.
>>
>>46366756

Also, the Deldars are known for their speedy vehicles and lightning raids (Glass cannon). How do we counter that? We need some way to draw them out and bog them down.
>>
Can we have their helmets to have eyes like cats?
Or will that be too space WOLFY WOLF tier?
>>
>>46366904
We take them head on like based Malus and Markus did. Eternal war against them and their kind.
>>
>>46366909

Yes, that would be going too far into furry territory.

(Fur prints/claw marks on power armour might be cool tho)
>>
>>46366936
I don't know. Maybe have their company commanders wear a cloak made from a tiger's hide.
>>
>>46366969

How about having actual Tiger bones engraved in the armour (With a Shamanistic vibe)?

Some fur is fine but too much would be plain fur-heresy
>>
>>46367050
Uh, I tried making their blurb be that they try to be pious and proper outside because the ecclisiarchy already looks at them funny because of reasons.

Having shamanistic boneweave in their armor would be like wearing red in the middle of a horde of rampaging bulls.

Also, people wear the fur of animals they kill all the time. Unless they start singing Eye of the tiger and mutate into cat people, and finish every sentence with the word TIGER TIGER it shouldn't be too overbearing.
>>
File: Space_Wolves_Terminator.png (376 KB, 388x513) Image search: [Google]
Space_Wolves_Terminator.png
376 KB, 388x513
>>46367073

In that case some tiger fur would be fine (on the loins).

I am partial to have white and black tiger stripes on the helmet (Because Tiger Claws)
>>
>>46367163
I agree with the stripes.
>>
>>46367163
This would be going too far
>>
>>46367203
see, its not that bad in isolation.
>>
>>46367249

Are tiger fur-pattern tattoos a step too far tho?
>>
>>46367309
see, where exactly would we see the tattoos? Space marines really don't show skin
>>
>>46367341
>>Assuming Special characters don't wear helmets
>>
>>46367451
But they are invariably BALD AND FEWLISH
>>
>>46366120
>>
Any drawfaggotry done for these guys?
>>
>>46370590
just the emblem
>>
>>46370590
>>46367163
>>46367309

Only the Emblem and color scheme. But read the thread first before starting any drawfaggotry
>>
>>46370669
>>46370662
Weren't we trying to get the emblem traced over digitally?
>>
>>46370909

Yes, not sure of the progress tho
>>
>>46370990
Could take it to the draw thread
>>
>>46372645
If you want to, go ahead
>>
>>46373901
If no one else does I will
>>
So other than the draw thread the chapter is all fleshed out right?

We know about the chapter's relation to the imperium, the eldar
We know the planet's history
We know the story about the auxiliary forces
The characters of legend are well known
we know how they fight
>>
Any drawfags bere
>>
>>46376953
I did some stuff for Hua Yuan and Cardinal Knights, but my copier is busted. Best I can do is a photo of the drawing
>>
>>46376974
eh, never mind then. I just wanted someone to use clifford's drawing of the tiger and up touch it.
>>
>>46377042
Oh, alright
>>
>>46377054
just make the outline a little more bolder and replace the pencil shaded stripes with something darker
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 16

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.