[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What do you think the emotional state of a witch's son would
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2
What do you think the emotional state of a witch's son would be?
Arrogant? Selfish? Shy? Abusive? Something else entirely?
>>
The defining trait of a witch is that they are barren.
That's why they steal children, curse pregnant women, and have cold tits.
>>
I'd say that depends entirely on the witch?
>>
>>46326819
What kind of son, what kind of witch?
>>
>>46326852
What? The defining trait of a witch is that she practices magic, nothing to do with the state of her uterus
>>
>>46326819
I'd imagine confused. A witch's son is by definition a witch.
>>
>>46326819
Probably he feels worthless since he can never reach the level of his mother and can't to continue the family tree
But I bet he is a good boy
>>
>>46326819
I'm pretty sure you answered it already with Chrona. Broken and obedient, but on a hair-trigger.
>>
File: Nanny Ogg.jpg (97 KB, 574x823) Image search: [Google]
Nanny Ogg.jpg
97 KB, 574x823
You're not only wrong, you're stupid.
>>
>>46326881
Why do you think they make the deal with the devil in the first place?
>>
>>46326893
>>46326900
Why?
>>
>>46326930
Because only the daughter of a witch is a witch
>>
>>46326819
Did they ever reveal if OPs pic was a girl or boy? I always assumed a guy but I saw the series ages ago and may not remember correctly.

Also wouldn't a witch's son also be a Witch? Or at least have a high probability of being a spellcaster? I'm sure there's some black sheep that rebel and join the Inquisition but probably not that many. Especially if we're talking "chicks with hats in the woods" Witches and not "sold my soul to Satan" Witches.
>>
>>46326926
For any number of reasons anyone would need magic. Also "making a deal with the devil" is not even neccesary, depending on which myth/lore you go by
>>
>>46326968
In that case I'd be pissed I couldn't use magic and become a Priest.
>>
>>46326968
According to who? There are thousands of witch myths who would disagree
>>
>>46326980
>For any number of reasons anyone would need magic

No one "needs" magic. Magic is just what desperate and unhinged people go towards when they feel like they have no other options and believe that they are above and beyond God's plan.

You're looking at the end result without recognizing the process that leads to it. Also, depending on the myth/lore, witches might not even actually get magic, they might simply have a magic tool, an enchanted house, or simply be horrible barren women who kidnap children.
>>
>>46327002
>>46326980
>>46326926
>>46326852
Given that real world witches exist, albeit mostly tribal wise women or pagans practicing applied psychology techniques with a mystical bent, it's a bit silly to say WITCHES ARE BARREN DEVIL WORSHIPPERS even considering folkloric or mythological context.

Heck, have you met a modern witch? They tend to be QUITE fertile, ifyouknowwhaddimean.
>>
Which witch did the Witcher bewitch during witching hour with his witched look and plunge his witching rod into witches cauldron?
>>
>>46327015
>Above and beyond God's plan
>What is divine magic in fiction
>What are hedge-witches and fertility cults
>What is ceremonial magic, the right hand path, and nature magic
>What are the rituals and practices of nearly every major religion

If using magic makes you arrogant and think yourselves above the gods, EVERY religion is arrogant, even the ones that specifically say "no don't use THAT kind of magic, that's icky and associated with our enemies, use OUR practices instead".

I'm not sure why you're immediately defaulting to the ultra-demonised folkloric variant when those are anything but the norm these days, whether you're examining fiction or actual practices...
>>
>>46327015
Again, this is assuming there is only one type of witch.

>You're looking at the end result without recognizing the process that leads to it.

What end result, and what process, in witch mythology and what story?

I do agree with that last sentence though.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.