[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Okay, I've been wanting to get into 40k for a while now,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3
File: Barabas_Dantioch.jpg (34 KB, 404x479) Image search: [Google]
Barabas_Dantioch.jpg
34 KB, 404x479
Okay, I've been wanting to get into 40k for a while now, so I did some research to figure out what kind of army I want. I love the color scheme of the Iron Warriors, but I don't really want to play Chaos Space Marines for obvious reasons... Then I read some of their lore and realized that there might still be loyalist Iron Warriors out there.

Take Barabas Dantioch for example. He was one of Perturabo's favoured sons before the Horus Heresy until he started questioning the primarch's decisions. He was then ordered to garrison a tiny world in the middle of nowhere as a form of punishment for his presumption.

When the Horus Heresy came along, Dantioch actually refused to obey his Perturabo's orders and instead pledged loyalty towards the Emperor. The traitor Iron Warriors later came and sieged the world where Dantioch was garrisoned, but he managed to commandeer one of their ships and escape. Last anyone heard, he was still loyal and was hanging out with the Ultramarines.

So would it be possible to play a company of loyalist Iron Warriors? Are there even rules for something like that? Would it be legal? It's definitely something I'd be interested in.
>>
Play the Silver skulls chapter. It's hevilly implied that these guys are loyalist Iron Warriors with dantioch as their founder
>>
>>46326701
That's really interesting! I love that idea, but I really hate the Silver Skulls' color-scheme... It has no color in it at all.
>>
>>46326688
If you're playing 40k, you'll get some eye-rolls if you say you're playing loyalist Iron Warriors.

If you instead play 30k (with some BaC and some acceptable proxying from 40k models) then you can play all the loyalist Iron Warriors you want without the slightest complaint about it.
>>
File: iron warriors.jpg (58 KB, 500x667) Image search: [Google]
iron warriors.jpg
58 KB, 500x667
>>46326812
I would like to do that actually, but the problem is that none of my friends play 30k or are the least bit interested in playing it, so I would be the only one playing... Which would be a wee bit sad. I love the MK3 armors way better than the new ones.
>>
>>46326870
If your friends aren't complete douchebags, they'll allow you to use 30k models and rules while playing against their 40k armies. In most cases, you'll be the underpowered one so it's really not an issue for them.
>>
You could always just play chaos models and call them loyalists, and wait for the new book.
>>
>>46326870

there is nothing wrong with playing 30k vs a 40k codex, even better in fact if your opponent plays some xenos to represent a historical battle
>>
I play loyalist 30k IW. Perturabo throws bitchfits and kills his own men constantly.
>>
File: 1457733498293.jpg (87 KB, 1076x742) Image search: [Google]
1457733498293.jpg
87 KB, 1076x742
Just use the SM codex, and use IW models.
>>
We once made this idea.

http://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive/42889010/

Slav Marines on a planet sort of like Fallout + Metro + every post-nuke wasteland.

They wanted to start Great Crusade 2.

Was a fun thread.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.