[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
People are always talking about how MTG is running out of design
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 126
Thread images: 15
File: OGW_header_preloader.jpg (324 KB, 1920x1120) Image search: [Google]
OGW_header_preloader.jpg
324 KB, 1920x1120
People are always talking about how MTG is running out of design space, so let's see if we can prove them wrong.
Come up with an original keyword ability!

>Reinforce 1 (At the beginning of your upkeep, put a +1/+1 counter on this creature. At the end of each combat phase, if this creature attacked or blocked this turn, remove all counters on it.)

I may or may not shamelessly steal all your ideas for a campaign.
>>
>>46326243

Abilityname 1 (Return this card to your hand: Add one Mana of this card's color identity to your Mana Pool.)
>>
>>46326243
>original

But Reinforce is already a mechanic, you dolt.

http://mtgsalvation.gamepedia.com/Reinforce
>>
File: download.jpg (1007 KB, 3810x1066) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
1007 KB, 3810x1066
>>
>>46326243

Abilityname - When this card gets the target of a spell or ability change the target with another permanent of the same card type under your control. Activate this ability only once each turn.
>>
>>46326463
>Strictly worse Spell Shatter
>Bad Shock with a colorbreak attached
>Something that doesnt make sense at all
>Some retarded meteor blast with an extremly coniditional benefit attached
>Oh look, the ol' doran/assaultformation twist
truly original and creative
>>
>>46326511
Cracklespasm is actually legit as fuck. The rest, I don't care.
>>
>>46326540
Red doesnt get counters. And even if it would, it would be just a counter and a shock put together, if you think thats original and creative, i dont know
>>
>>46326511
Hey, I listed those for mechanics.

And Cracklespasm is "what if you could deal damage to spells" pretty much. Fucking with instants and sorceries is secondary red, so fuck you too. We're pushing design space here or what?

And the last one is inspired by Doran and Scornful Egotist or whatever that 7U morph card was called, yes. So what?
>>
>>46326588
that doesnt make these mechanics good or creative. Everything you listed except the white one (can you explain that one?) has been done before in some way or is a slight twist of something. Theres noone that would think this stuff is exciting when seeing the spoilers
>>
>>46326540

Red had some Counter Spells a 1000 yrs ago but they were a mistake and broke the color pie.
>>
>>46326243
I don't think they'd be running out of design space if they weren't so afraid to play with the color pie.
>>
File: Draining Phantom.png (1012 KB, 750x1046) Image search: [Google]
Draining Phantom.png
1012 KB, 750x1046
>>46326617
It's from a set where there are a lot of Illusions, and some white creatures might have Heroic.
>>
>>46326625
>Guttural Response
>1000 years ago
;__;
>>
>>46326698
Guttural Response is the same as say, Mana Tithe tho. An extremly specific hate counter that fits to this color. "Counter target spell with CMC 2 or less" isnt red at all. IMO they should do counterspells in other colors more often, but not like cracklespasm
>>
File: Thoughtful_Mystery.jpg (36 KB, 375x523) Image search: [Google]
Thoughtful_Mystery.jpg
36 KB, 375x523
>if X would leave the battlefield, sacrifice it instead
The effect of this is to make the creature invulnerable to exile, which has both good and bad sides.
>>
File: 1_Hidden Mystery.jpg (91 KB, 265x370) Image search: [Google]
1_Hidden Mystery.jpg
91 KB, 265x370
>>46326736
Here is one more
>>
>>46326430
>http://mtgsalvation.gamepedia.com/Reinforce
Whoops.
Pretend I used a different word, then.
>>
>>46326716
Yeah, color-specific counters should make a comeback.

I just don't like that the colors have been shoehorned/railroaded into some pretty specific roles, when there's stuff in each color that Wizards seems really hesitant to explore nowadays.
>>
>>46326571
>Red doesnt get counters.
Please fuck off. Color pie fags are the reason why Magic is stagnant.
You would immediately change your tune if Wizards published even a single red counterspell because your idea of what is 'okay' is contingent on the fickle whims of businessmen who don't give nearly as much of a shit as you do.

And the funny part is that there probably is a red counterspell somewhere, and you're too busy being a pedantic cunt to have noticed.
>>
File: 1387713596049.jpg (50 KB, 329x244) Image search: [Google]
1387713596049.jpg
50 KB, 329x244
>People are always talking about how MTG is running out of design space,

That will never happen. If it seems like that will happen, they just need to introduce a new card type or subtype, or to make "X matters" or "Pay Y" cards.

There's literally an infinite amount of mechanics to explore.
>>
>>46326797
Yeah, there is. Its called Guttural Response. I dislike the strict color pie stuff maro advocates as much as you do. I think red etc should also get access to the stack, but not straight up counterspells. If we give red counterspells, blue burn, white card draw, black exile effects and green creature destruction, we might as well remove colors all together
>>
>>46326797
There's a bunch of red counterspells

>Red Elemental Blast
>Guttural Response
>Pyroblast
>Artifact Blast
>Burnout

They're all very specific, but they're out there. Guttural Response is the newest one and it's almost a decade old, WotC doesn't want to print counters outside of blue anymore.

Old Magic had some really interesting and neat color hate. Fuck, black had an ENCHANTMENT that let you tap BB for a counterspell against green
>>
>>46326797

Color Pie gives an identity to each color. Why do you want to remove it? I like to know where I get my counter spells. If every color can counter you turn this game into ygo where elements and types mean shit because there's nothing like a color pie.
>>
>>46326625
>but they were a mistake and broke the color pie
So are good creatjres and fatties without drawbacks for blue and it still gets that shit.
Give Red counters.
>>
>>46326511
Actually, Insightful Purification has its purposes, and I actually really like it. For one, it kills all of the Illusions that have the 'if targeted, kill' as well as triggering any creature that has a conditional modifier for getting pinged by something. It doesn't actually do anything by itself, but it does at least triggers zany shit that might not otherwise be particularly viable. Hell, Wild Defiance would certainly love it.

Might be one of the neatest cards I've seen on /tg/.
>>
>>46326844
>If we give red counterspells, blue burn, white card draw, black exile effects and green creature destruction, we might as well remove colors all together
Yeah, because giving red one very reddish counterspell is completely equivalent to blue's several hundred counterspells and will damage the distinctions between colors beyond all repair.

If you were bitching about Wizards fucking up their own color distinctions you might have a leg to stand on, but this line of complaining is always directed exclusively at custom card creators who KNOW they are going outside of color boundaries and are doing so intentionally as an ultra-rare one-off exception.

If you could focus on the actual quality and creativity of ideas intead of autistically going on about what fits in which arbitrary category, maybe the custom card threads would actually be worth a shit.

I know you're not the guy I was originally directing this at but I'm too lazy to replace all instances of 'you' with 'they', so take my anger and like it you little slut.
>>
>>46326815

Printing bullshit won't work forever. Planeswalker already are on its extreme where people start recognizing the boringness.
>>
>>46326884

What do you mean by "good creatures"?
>>
>>46326851
>Guttural Response is almost a decade old
>Shadowmoor was eight years ago
Holy fuck, I feel old. At least I starte playing in high school to Time Spiral, so I got a few sets in before the game got shitted on.
>>
>>46326879
>One custom card which dips tentatively into another color's territory
>This apparently removes the color pie entirely
You are retarded. I guess elves stopped being a green thing as soon as the first black elf was printed.
>>
>>46326905

What should Red be able to counter?
>>
>>46326982
Artifacts
Blue shit (enemy colors should be able to counter each other)
>>
>>46326940

>color hate being good

Not really
>>
>>46326946

You're fucking stupid. That counter is better than most of blue's counter spells nowadays.
>>
>>46326989

Blue counters artifacts, Red destroys them.
>>
Metamorph X - At the beginning of your upkeep, pay any amount of mana. [Creature Name] gets +X/+X until your next upkeep, where X is the amount of mana you paid.

To be used exclusively on 0 toughness creatures.
>>
File: mages-contest.jpg (66 KB, 480x680) Image search: [Google]
mages-contest.jpg
66 KB, 480x680
I wish there was more stuff like this. This feels on-flavor for red (or black)
>>
>>46327012
Blue counters everything you dip
>>
>>46326736
>posts actual new design example
>everyone ignores it
/tg/ is becoming more and more like /v/
>>
>>46327047

Yes, but it doesn't destroy anything. Red gets almost no counters but destroys thing like artifacts or creatures through burn.
>>
>>46326917
>Printing bullshit won't work forever.

Yes. Yes it can. They can just keep coming up with new triggers like "If your opponent attacks with at least one creature and none of his creatures are unblocked, this happens" or "If there are no land cards in your hand, that happens" just about forever.
>>
>>46327068

The same goes for my abilities anon. Deal with it.

Also: Why do you care about the grave? Ability's quite Devoid-like.
>>
>>46327102

This can go for years but not forever.
>>
Brainstorming a custom Vanguard.
>Spirit creatures deal damage to players in the form of haunt counters. If a player has twenty or more haunt counters, he or she loses the game.
>Spirit creatures cannot be blocked except by other Spirit creatures.
>Whenever a nontoken, nonspirit creature is put into a graveyard from the battlefield, put a token onto the battlefield that's a copy of that card except it's a Spirit in addition to its other types.

I know, it's dumb, way too convoluted, etc etc. All that aside, any help with the wording here?
>>
Stockpile 1 (Pay 3 mana, add a Stockpile counter to this card. Stockpile counters may be removed from this card instead of paying for a single colourless mana)
>>
>>46326243

It's not exactly original; it's an improved version of Bushido for a homebrew return to Kamigawa set I was thinking about.

Outmatch (This creature gets +X/+X whenever it blocks or becomes blocked by a creature, where X is that creature's power.)
>>
>>46327134
Players already accept planeswalkers and emblems as a familiar part of the game. The conspiracy cards less so, and vanguard never caught on, but archenemy and planescape were fun while they lasted.

There is really no limit to imagination. If they ever seem like they need something new, they can even create a new format.
>>
>>46327238
Wouldn't that be Stockpile 3?
>>
>>46326736
Does this work? Wouldn't it have to be worded "put it into its owners gy instead" since it would check after it's left the battlefield meaning you can't sac it.
>>
>>46327271
You're getting extra mana for future turns, I'm trying to balance it so people won't have silly amounts of mana for little effort.
>>
>>46326403
Horribly broken in standard and draft, situational everywhere else.

>>46327068
That's just a card that makes people draw then discard, it's not new or interesting.

>>46326815
This, I would like to see a block focused on creatures who self mill for effects on top of regular costs.
Like "when this creature attacks, mill 4, it gains trample" or a 3/3 for GG that can't attack unless you mill 5.
>>
>>46327305

No, "would / instead" abilities replace the event they're contingent on.

"If X would die, instead put a +1/+1 counter on it" is a cogent ability, for example.
>>
>>46327306
No he means that going by current convention, stockpiling 3 would represent the cost of activating the ability to get a stockpile counter.
So stock pile 2 would get you one counter and stockpile 4 would net you one also,
>>
>>46327315
>3/3 for GG that can't attack unless you mill 5.
Are you joking?
>>
>>46327238
Taxation (When an opponent spends at least three mana, you may pay 2. If you pay, add 1 taxation counter to this card, taxation counters may be used to pay for colourless mana)
>>
>>46327332
Ah, my mistake. Then yes he is correct.
>>
>>46327337
It's a starting base for the mechanic, it could be a 3/1 for GG which needs 5 mill to attack.
>>
>>46327375
It would need to have 4 power for that to be slightly viable, maybe 5 for a rare or mythic rare.
>>
>>46326243
Easy, we get more meta with instants and sorceries, at the moment that section of the game is incredibly stale and incredibly poorly supported compared to creatures, also the lack of soft counters reduces the complexity of the spell game, making combos easier and in turn leading to spells getting nerfed. Interesting cards that will never see a reprint of this sort include Spellweaver Volute and Pyromancer Ascension.

Keywords:

Inevitable:
If this spell is countered exile it with 1 time counter on it, at the end of your upkeep remove a time counter from this spell. If this spell has no time counters on it resolve it.

Recurse:
While this enchantment is in play you may pay the recurse cost to create a token that is a copy of the original enchantment.

Flux:
Any player may gain control of this spell by paying its flux cost, the flux cost increases by 1 each time a player gains control of this spell.

Splice:
When you play a spell of type (X), you may reveal this card from your hand and play its splice cost. If you do, add this card's effects to that spell.
(Note the removal of the arcane restriction)

Spells:
Mythral: Instant
Target instant or sorcery is now an enchantment in addition to its other types, at any point during your upkeep resolve the effect of target instant or sorcery. Target instant or sorcery also gains the flux keyword.

Spell Tangle: Instant (U)
Increase or decrease a numerical value of target spell by 1 (Reiterate, Splice)

Spell hook: Instant (0)
Counter target spell or draw a card (Flux 1)

Stalking Madness: Sorcery (BBB)
Exile target creature (Inevitable)

The Permanence of Law: Instant (WW)
Target spell gains Inevitable

Wizardly Evolution: Sorcery
Target Creature
Splice onto Instant or Sorcery, the effects of the original spell do not resolve, the spell is now an enchantment and loses its previous types. Enchant target creature, tap target creature, target creature may tap to produce the effect of the spell.
>>
>>46327238

So you wanna put counters on a permanent to pay less mana for other abilities?
>>
>>46326243
>Fodder - when a friendly blocking minion is about to die, swap that minion with this minion.
>Unstable - If at either players end phase you have no mana, destroy this minion.
>Phrophecise X - Look at the top card of your deck. Either return it or exile it face down for X turns. Then add it to your hand.

Note: Casual MtG fan; names may already be in use.
>>
>>46327268

They accept pws but are bored by them.
>>
>>46327445
>>>/Hearthstone/
>>
>>46327443
That is the gist of it yes. I remember thinking about mechanics based around money/resources before and I saw this thread and thought "Fuck it let's go"
>>
>>46327315

Why is my ability broken? You return a card to generate mana. You return a 3/1 for 1GR to generate R or G. Is that broken?
>>
>>46327456
>>>/Elitist/
At least he's trying. I think Fodder could work with some adjustments.
>>
>>46327443
>>46327466
It's essentially a black mana battery on a stick.

>>46327398
That seems excessive, it's not meant to trigger a turbo zoo deck.
>>
>>46327484
Reusable SSG is pretty strong

Slower, yes, but still very good
>>
>>46327484
perhaps I was too autistic about it, it looks like a card that can bounce itself and trigger comes into play effects while granting mana to do so.
>>
>>46327414

Ever heard of Suspend?
>>
>>46327498
Imagine drafting that 3/3 mill 5. You have about four attacks with that before you're at danger of killing yourself and it's not even unblockable.
>>
>>46327094

>Yes, but it doesn't destroy anything. Red gets almost no counters but destroys thing like artifacts or creatures through burn.

The issue with that has always been 'Everything can be countered, not everything can be destroyed with damage'.

Still, I'd be happier to just see Red given more redirect or 'Everything goes crazy'. Like a spell that causes another guys spell to hit EVERY valid target. So you can watch a kill spell nuke the battlefield rather than be precise removal or a buff be mirrored on your guys too.
>>
>>46327515
Fuck, posted too soon.
*and dodge board wipe, removal and damage while doing so
>>
>>46327517
Yes, hence why I copied the text from it and added the condition that you suspend the card when it's countered rather than suspending it as a casting option.
>>
>>46327521
That is an issue, but I feel like milling 4 would be a bit too lenient and upping the power level would turn it into a zoo staple.
>>
>>46327528

There are already cards that use suspend in different ways. Like that Counter Spell from TSP block for 1U. Forgot its name.
>>
File: 57-1.jpg (245 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
57-1.jpg
245 KB, 1600x1200
>>46327574
Delay

aka the best foreign-language card name
>>
>>46326747
What's the point in giving flying to a creature if you're removing all function of flying, save a couple narrow cases like Seismic Stomp? You're just fucking around for the sake of fucking around. Don't do that. It's terrible design. Flying has a function, which is provide evasion. You don't provide evasion if you're going to remove that evasion unconditionally.

There's also no reason for that to be 3BBB and Legendary. 2BB would be fairer, 3BB if you wanted to put some relevant effect. Madness could be 1BB.
>>
File: Overwhelming Visions.png (320 KB, 375x523) Image search: [Google]
Overwhelming Visions.png
320 KB, 375x523
I was to make a cycle of visions, but, well, i didn't yet. The black one was intended to be a gamble on drawing.
Other color's visions had other effects like "vision - put two +1/+1 counters on target creature you control, when you control a creature with power or toughness 7 or greater, sacrifice a creature with the greatest toughness. Distriubte a 6-X -1/-1 counters abong creatures you control" with spell costing like XGG.
>>
File: Fen.png (2 MB, 1128x1061) Image search: [Google]
Fen.png
2 MB, 1128x1061
Infuse is the RUG mechanic of a set I once worked on. The idea is a spell slinging form of protection for your creatures, which you can trigger yourself as well. Wording is based on Cipher
The flavor is that of elemental wisps that are infused by natural phenomena, exploding in a magnificent display of sound and light when disturbed.
>>
File: 57.jpg (204 KB, 900x1600) Image search: [Google]
57.jpg
204 KB, 900x1600
>>46327672
Pretty fond of this one myself.
>>
>>46327750
Aw shit I wish I had ordered that one instead of the English one

Also why is that card almost $10 now, I thought everyone hated Kamigawa
>>
>>46327574
Excellent we could use some more of them, ones that aren't shit unlike delay.
>>
>>46327778
Because Commander. Gets those combo commanders ready to do their OTK combos right away. And it can't be responded to like equipping Greaves can.
>>
File: 233889307.jpg (173 KB, 557x768) Image search: [Google]
233889307.jpg
173 KB, 557x768
>>46327744
Neat, I like it.

>>46327750
There's only one answer.
>>
>>46327862
>TRAMPELSCHADEN
Why is German so hilarious
>>
>>46327896
Weiß ich auch nicht, Bernd.
>>
>>46327253
So... it reads "[CARDNAME] never dies in combat unless your opponent does really good combat tricks after this ability resolves", yes?
>>
>>46327744
Only difference beetwen infuse and haunt is infuse casting the spell instead of triggering an ability?
>>
>>46327896
Because it's a joke language, spoken by a race of fleeting phantoms soon to be replaced by Arabic.
>>
>>46327031
Oh shit, that's flavor country.
>>
>>46327725
I don't see the point of Overwhelming Visions. I don't know why I would ever cast it when I can just draw an extra card every turn for simply revealing a card in my hand. Free card draw is kind of OP.
>>
>>46327940
Infuse
>casts the spell (important for spellslinging decks, prowess, etc)
>triggers on other forms of leaving the battlefield than dying (bounce/flicker decks)
>is not possible on permanents (mechanical drawback)

They're similar, but they play differently.
>>
File: Breaker.jpg (77 KB, 520x399) Image search: [Google]
Breaker.jpg
77 KB, 520x399
>>46327047
>>
>>46328076
That's the point of the last lines. You're low on cards and draw it and keep casting stuff, you have free one sided howling mine. You draw it when high on cards, or mana screwed, or even remanded once too much and you have to discard. Maybe it should read "discard your hand" instead.
>>
>>46327234
Infect reskin.
>>
>>46326243

> Unstable - If this spell is countered, deal damage equal to its mana cost to the controller of the spell or ability that countered this spell.

> Corpse eater - When this creature is put into a graveyard, exile all cards from all graveyards. If you exiled at least X creatures this way, return this creature to the battlefield tapped at the beginning of the next end step.

> Tidal Wave - When this spell is cast, you may choose to turn an Island you control face down. If you do, tap target permanent. It remains tapped for as long as the Island remains face down and on the battlefield. Whenever you would untap your lands, you may choose to flip any number of Islands face up.
> Face down lands cannot be tapped for mana.

> Stranglevine - Whenever this creature deals combat damage to an opponent, they gain a Vine enchantment token that says 'when you would add 1 or more mana to your mana pool, add no mana instead and sacrifice this token.'

> Spiritwalk - Whenever any creature would be exiled, if this creature is not exiled you may choose to exile this creature instead. Whenever a creature would return from exile, if this creature is exiled you may choose to return this creature instead.
>>
>>46326243
One of my favorite home-brewed keywords:

>Bribe X: You may cast this spell without paying its mana cost. If you do all opponents put X Gold tokens on the battlefield. They have "Sacrifice Gold: add one mana of any color to your mana pool".
>>
>>46328168
Would X be the CMC of the card with Bribe?
>>
>Sabotage - Whenever this creature attacks, you may tap target creature an opponent controls
>Population - If a creature entered the battlefield under your control this turn, <effect>.
>Kinship - As long as you control another <creature type>, <effect>.
>MoreElegantWithoutDredge <mana> - When ~ dies, return it to the battlefield as a Corpse Artifact with "T; exile this artifact: Add <mana> to your mana pool".
>Charge <n> - When this creature enters the battlefield, it gains +n/+0 and Haste until end of turn
>Summon <n> - You may pay <3> to summon ~ as a n/n Elemental creature with Haste and "At the end of turn, return this creature to it's owners hand"
>Heroism <n> - This creatures enters the battlefield with <n> Heroism counters on it. Whenever another creature enters the battlefield under you control, remove one Heroism counter from this creature. If there are no Heroism counters on this creature, sacrifice it.
>Anchestor - When this creature dies, you may move any Auras attached to it to another creature you control.

Slightly reworked old mechanics:
>Infuse <cost> - <cost>, discard this card: <effect>.
>Nonjutsu <cost> - <cost>; return an unblocked attacker you control to it's owner's hand: cast this spell without paying it's mana costs.
>>
>>46328133
But here's the deal, there's nothing to force you to discard that card. You can't make abilities like that when you're dealing with hidden areas. If you wanted that, you'd have to
a) play with your hand revealed somehow
b) have the discard trigger happen on reveal

And even then, FREE DRAW is never bad, even if it forces your maximum hand size to, functionally, 3 cards pre-draw-step. You get to sift through more cards every turn. Here's how I'd do it.

>Overwhelming Visions, Sorcery, XBBB
>Forecast - 1B, reveal this card from your hand: draw a card and lose 1 life. Then, if you have five or more cards in your hand, discard Overwhelming Visions and another card.
>
>Draw X cards and lose X life. Then, discard 4 cards.
OR MAYBE
>As an additional cost, discard X cards. Each opponent loses X life and discards X cards.

Let's ignore how forecast is not in its correct colours, but that's pretty much how your card functions. The big change is that I added a cost to the ability, making it balanced. I also made it so you'd have to do the discard on reveal, if applicable. The main ability is also better worded and more fitting for black. Also presenting an alternative where you punish your opponents instead, since you've kind of been swimming in card draw, anyway.
>>
Keywords:

Ammo Counters - Can be produced in multiple ways and attached to different permanents. Permanents that use ammo counters typically have abilities that involve removing them for temporary offensive benefits.

Buildings - Artifacts that attack to lands, removing their ability to produce manna in exchange for a new one.

Spells:

Goblin Gatling Gunner: Creature Goblin (R)
Trample
Enters the battlefield with 3 ammo counters on it
When ever it attacks, remove all ammo counters from it, it gets +1/+0 for each ammo counter removed
0/1

Sharp Shooter: Creature Soldier (B)
Deathtouch
Tap, remove one ammo counter, Sharp Shooter deals one damage to target creature
2/2

Ammo Foundry: Artifact Building
Attached land has "Tap, add 1 ammo counter to target creature. If attached land is a mountain, add 2 (maybe 3) counters instead.

Blunderbuss: Artifact Equipment
Remove one ammo counter from Blunderbuss, equipped creature gains reach until end of turn.

Quickshot: Enchantment Aura (W)
When ever you remove an ammo counter from enchanted creature it gains first strike until end of turn

The idea for the set would be a sort of early industrial plane, with white cowboy theme creatures and some other cool things.

I've got more idea I'll share latter, gotta do something for a bit.
>>
>>46328138
>Stranglevine - Whenever this creature deals combat damage to an opponent, they gain a Vine enchantment token that says 'when you would add 1 or more mana to your mana pool, add no mana instead and sacrifice this token.'
I'd rather rephrase that as
>Stranglevine - Whenever <event related to player>, that player gets a Vine enchantment token that says "1: Remove this token. You may not spend mana except to remove this token."
>>
>>46328416

Jesus, the sharpshooter is too good once you have the ability to add more ammo counters on it.

That and it feels more Red/Black. What with being direct damage that isn't life drain.
>>
>>46326243
Wat (when you cast this spell you may search your library for a card and put it on top of your library, shuffle it afterwards)
De (When you cast this spell, tap target creature, then untap it)
Fuck (when you cast this spell, you may look at target opponent's graveyard)
>>
>>46326905
Okey, so this is a ultra rare occasion where we break the color pie. Altough this is not reddish in any way (reddish would be, counter target blue or artifact spell, if anything) its still a really boring card. Its a shock and a coniditional counterspell tacked onto one card. wow, very creative and original, this is the card mtg needs!
>>
>>46328416
That Gatling Gunner is pretty wild if you can proliferate early or get ways of putting ammo counters on stuff

Sharpshooter is busted though, killing a fatty before combat damage is nuts
>>
What avenues for the 5 colors aren't explored as often as they should be? I feel like red hasn't had a lot of artifact interaction recently, just burn
>>
>>46327315
>just a card that makes you draw then discard
It's immune to exile.
>>
>>46329198
Not through graveyard hate it's not
>>
Red fucks your shit 1RRR
Instant
Target permanent becomes a creature in addition to its other types with power and toughness equal to its converted mana cost.
Red fucks your shit deals 4 damage to that creature
>>
>>46327524
This. I think rather than hard counters red should get more targeting shenanigans and maybe text changes.
>>
File: Potentiation.png (2 MB, 1140x1064) Image search: [Google]
Potentiation.png
2 MB, 1140x1064
Thoughts?
>>
>>46327414
>Spell Tangle: Instant (U)
>Increase or decrease a numerical value of target spell by 1 (Reiterate, Splice)
>Spell hook: Instant (0)
>Counter target spell or draw a card (Flux 1)
Wait, wouldn't the modal choice be made before the flux determines its controller?
>>
>>46327445
> Fodder - Sacrifice this creature: regenerate target creature
>>
File: Blinkmage Arctus.png (239 KB, 375x523) Image search: [Google]
Blinkmage Arctus.png
239 KB, 375x523
>>46326243
>>
>>46328462
R/B makes sense. It's not going to be cheep either, still working on their manna costs

>>46328416

Keywords:

Resupply X: After creatures with resupply enter the battlefield, you may move X ammo counters from one permanent to another. (Creatures with resupply usually enter the battlefield with some amount of ammo counters on them)

Gather Ammo (or other type of Counter) X: Whenever a creature with Gather Ammo enter the battle field you may move any move any number of ammo counters from permanents you control onto it. (I'm thinking of other sorts of "resource counters" that would work like ammo counters and they would have their own Gather abilities)

Spells:

Ammo Cache: Artifact
Ammo Cache enters the battlefield with 5 ammo counters on it
Pay one manna, move one ammo counter from Ammo Cache to another permanent you control.

Reloader: Creature Soldier (W)
Resupply 4
Reloader enters the battle field with 10 ammo counters
Tap, move one ammo counter from Reloader to another permanent you control
1/1

Lumber Mill: Artifact Building
Attached land can be tapped for 1 colorless manna
If the attached land is a forest it creates 3 colorless manna instead.

Steam Plant: Artifact Building
Attached land can be tapped for one red manna.
If attached land is and island, it can be tapped for thee red manna instead.

Support Gunner: Creature Soldier (W)
Gather Ammo 4
Remove an ammo counter, prevent damage dealt by target creature this turn
2/4

There's more, but they're mostly in my head and you get the idea by now.
>>
>>46330072
Rewrite inevitable to be:

Inevitable X- Whenever this spell is countered, instead exile it with X time counters. At the beginning of your upkeep, Remove a time counter from this card. If there are no time counters, it gains "this card cannot be countered" and you may cast it without paying it's mana cost.
>>
>>46330072

1. Flux seems OK
2. Inevitable is redundant as already mentioned above. Simply use Suspend 1
3. Inevitable seems to have a weird and also wrong wording. If remove it it isn't on the stack and shouldn't be seen as spell. If you remove your last counter you have to put it on the stack again.
>>
>>46331227

And HOW do you activate its ability? WHEN does it trigger?
>>
>>46332402
You can counter suspended spells though
>>
>>46332440

Your ability is quite narrow, because counters aren't a big thing
>>
>>46326463
Cracklespasm would be a fucking legacy staple...
>>
>>46328190
Probably not. Would be to broken since the mandatory Counterspell with bribe would basically Modern's version of Force of Will.

I was thinking somewhere somewhere between x1.5-x2 the spell's cmc.

I bet there'd be a deck all about playing Bribe creatures and burn/counterspells with no lands whatsoever to dump your hand on T1 while giving a shitload of gold tokens to your opponent.

Not that it matters, because your opponent's deck runs lands so he has at best 3-4 action cards that he can spend the Gold in.
>>
>>46326540
At best it should be, "counter target blue spell"
Thread replies: 126
Thread images: 15

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.