[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I have created a game where my players and there people (medieval
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1
File: download.jpg (10 KB, 272x185) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
10 KB, 272x185
I have created a game where my players and there people (medieval norse setting) will eventually get sent to a fantasy world from a portal in north America (as if explaining why the norse colony there suddenly disappeared).
Is there any other instances where a group of people got lost from the pages of history that I can use ?
For example I will add the knights templar who arrive later and become the worlds first human paladin group.
>>
You want Drifters, OP.
>>
>>46322484
Roanoke,Aztecs,Ninth Legion,Flight 19,and about 1 in 3 boats from 1850s to 1920s.
>>
>>46323819
>>Aztecs
Getting killed by conquistadores is not "vanishing" you want Anasazi or Olmecs
>>
>>46323870
Fuck I was thinking about the Mayans.
>>
>>46322484
Before Julius Caesar became Emperor, Rome was led by a Triumvirate: Caesar, Pompey the Great and Crassus.

Both Pompey and Caesar had done some wonderful conquering, and that was a big thing for the Romans. Leading the armies to victory was the biggest possible glory someone could get in their society.

Crassus was jealous. He was known as a machine money, a damn financial mastermind, but he had never shown much martial prowess or leadership capabilities.

Crasus got 7 legions and marched against the Parthians. Thing is, bringing armies of mainly heavy infantry to fight in mostly plain terrain against a culture of horse archers wasn´t the best idea ever. In fact, horse archers were the ideal answer to pretty much everything in the ancient times.

On the 53BC, Crassus suffered a crushing defeat. Most of the army was annihilated, including Crassus himself, and the rest were taken prisoner.

The sources aren´t very trustworthy, but apparently a group of those men vanished. Maybe they escaped from the battlefield, or from slavery. Thing is, some time later we find Chinese records talking about "weird foreigners that came to the borders. They wore red, big shields, and fought in a formation similar to the scales of a fish". That sounds like a turtle formation. They captured them, and after some communication attempts they understood that they were lost and employed them, tasking them with guarding their borders.

Nowadays there´s some areas in rural China where people randomly get a Roman nose or blonde hair, and they´re very weirded out about it.

There´s also the whole Tartessos civilization, one of the first big organized societies in Europe. They lived in Southern Spain, had a pretty nice economy and apparently everything was fine, but they´re dead. We don´t know how or why. There´s some scripts from them, but they´re mostly untranslatable or not very helpful.
>>
>>46323870
>implying a few thousand men could defeat an empire of millions in that era, firearms or not

For fucks sake, Pizarro spend most of his time escaping because he had a massive horde of natives on his tail.

The Aztecs were pretty much ancient Nazis. They oppressed, captured and sacrificed many other, smaller cultures within and around their territory. These guys saw in the Spaniards an opportunity to get rid of the Aztecs and rebelled en masse.

The Conquistadores are a pretty good one too, OP. Many men vanished while exploring and looking for golden cities, fountains of youth and all that jazz.
>>
>>46323819
>Roanoke
They all moved, like, one island over and (like an incredibly large number of settlers) shacked up with the natives after their complete lack of survival skill almost caused them to die out. They even wrote the fucking name of the island they went to in the village they left behind.

Roanoke is only a mystery to stupid people who refuse to admit that white people were able to integrate with the "dirty injuns".
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.