[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/gurpsgen/
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 13
File: 1458509861360.pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
1458509861360.pdf
1 B, 486x500
Wasteland Edition

http://gurpscharactersheet.com/
>>
Old Thread
>>46255596
>>
File: fuckthepolice.jpg (50 KB, 418x479) Image search: [Google]
fuckthepolice.jpg
50 KB, 418x479
https://app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/43923/rebirth-a-gurps-4th-ed-game

Just gonna shamelessly plug my game again. We've got three people so far, one or two more would be ideal.
>>
File: 1428201546907.jpg (353 KB, 684x1139) Image search: [Google]
1428201546907.jpg
353 KB, 684x1139
>>46318807
Weird setting dawg. But good on you for going full force on it.

Good luck getting players.
>>
>>46319214

Thank man, I've had this setting in my head for years, and only within the last couple months have I thought of sharing it via GURPS. Hope people can get into it and enjoy it as much as I do.
>>
File: Wisp.pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
Wisp.pdf
1 B, 486x500
>>46318807

So.. No guns this time, instead da bow. Tell me what you think of her.
>>
>>46318807
Can't really play since I'm scandinavian but I'd like to say this looks to be a nice setting and I hope it works well for you guys.
>>
>>46321205
Some plebian opinions coming through here.

I understand points are tight but I'd recommend more HT for longer hunts and HT checks in general, HP at least to avoid constant crippling injuries. and Armory (Missile Weapons) to make your own arrows and such if need be. Also, poisons might be of use.
>>
>>46321317

>Stealth 14, SM -1, Combat Reflexes, Luck (Defense), Cloak

HP and HT are for people that get hit.
>>
>>46321317
Good ideas. Making arrows at least would be good.
>>
>>46321374
You always take some damage. Whether its a stray arrow, a backstab, slipping down some rocks or dragonfire, shit happens.

Health is for more than combat though.
>>
The section on blocking says "If you’re strong enough to grab and lift someone, you can block with his body!", but it doesn't say how that works mechanically. Do you have to grapple them before you can block with them? Do you roll against 3 + your grappling skill/2, or is it the same roll as using a shield? Do you have to spend time to lift them as described on B353?
>>
>>46321679
Personally I'd just make it count as cover if you hold the body up infront of you.
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (9 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
9 KB, 480x360
What would transforming into a puddle of water or a chunk of ice fall into?
>>
>>46322157
Wonder twin powers
>>
>>46321205

Flooby here, I didn't say guns were bad, that was someone else. Mechnically, you've got an odd combo with the social skills and outdoorsy stuff. Do you really think you need sex appeal and erotic art as someone whose going to be alone and in the wilderness a lot?

Also, as has been said, investing in HT might be a good idea if you plan on getting into combat, but it looks like you've invested in stuff to avoid getting hit.
>>
>>46321317
>>46322762
>>46321479

Always buy Fit before you spend any points on HT.

>>46321205
Reduced Attribute (ST) is a garbage disadvantage for garbage people. With Striking ST there you now have the worst possible combination of disadvantages and advantages.

Drop Striking ST.
Up ST to 10
Get a different 10 pt disadvantage and buy Fit.
>>
>>46321232

Sorry to hear that man. Most of us are Americans, looking at weekend evenings, so a Swede probably wouldn't find the times convenient, unless you don't mind playing from like 1am your time to sunrise.

>>46323469

Both that guy and me, the GM, are very new, so this help is most appreciated.
>>
>>46323634

GURPS works on a disadvantage limit system. You can only take so many points in things that give you extra points to build with.

Reduced ST fucks over everything you do as a TL 4 archer. To compensate for it that character had Striking ST.

They were really only getting 5 points for reduced ST that cost them a point of HP, carry weight and ate 10 points of disadvantage limit.

Fit gives +1 to most HT rolls you will ever make and doubles the rate you get FP back at for 5 points instead of 10. It won't help Basic Move or HT based skills but most of the time you want to get Fit before you buy ST.
>>
File: Wisp.pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
Wisp.pdf
1 B, 486x500
>>46323634
>>46322762
>>46323469

Thanks Flooby, Abrasive Anon!

Wisp really only has 11 points in social skills and 10 points of advantages for it. Only 3 points of Sex Appeal/Erotic Art..

I really liked low ST for her because she's tiny but I guess strong for her size is good. Moving numbers a bit got me here. Move sucks carrying stuff but if I can drop the backpack I'm unencumbered.
>>
If I had a character who wanted to be a tony stark millionaire-with-mechs, how would he pay points for his robot suit? What's the exchange rate of money to points?
>>
>>46324742
I think the canonical way to pay points for your robot suit is as advantages with gadget limitations. Unless the setting is such you can buy that sort of thing off the shelf, but that would sort of defeat the point of being Iron Man.
>>
>>46324742
>What's the exchange rate of money to points?

Per page 26 of the basic set you get 10% average starting wealth per point you trade for cash. You also get cash based on the TL your game starts in and your GM's plans, in a typical TL 8 game that is $20,000, so each point you spend is $2,000. If you want to trade more then 20 points it's cheaper to buy Wealth as an advantage then to spend points for cash.

Use cash to buy things that you can just get in your game to attach to your suit. If you want it to have a wench, flood lights, a radio and a cutting torch just buy those with cash 'n weld them on.

>>46324829
This is the way to do all the things you can't with other stuff. A gadget that gives you, say, Flight, DR, radar Sense, Super Jump and Lifting/Strikeing ST.

The other path to Low Rent Tony Stark might be enough high TL to get a battlesuit.
>>
>>46324742

Tony Stark's suit is Signature Gear. It's literally his main thing, the central part of his character and legend, which is the purpose of Signature Gear.
>>
>>46325545
Yeah, except it's not available as gear. Nobody else could buy one, so it's a unique steal-able gadget that grants super powers.

Though it's a form fitting suit of metal. It's weird that people of drastically different size can put it on.
>>
>>46325830

>Yeah, except it's not available as gear. Nobody else could buy one

True, I do remember the book saying unique, one-of-a-kind items shouldn't be Signature Gear.
>>
>>46325846
The best answer is to be found in GURPS Supers. There's a straight up "Iron Man/Rich-Dude-With-A-Fuck-Awesome-mechsuit" template on there.
>>
File: 1453401084300.png (1 MB, 600x900) Image search: [Google]
1453401084300.png
1 MB, 600x900
>>46324124
As long as you are looting Low Tech for gear pick up a Hunter's Shirt. It's +2 camo to start and you can get it up to +5 with enough work. Scarf, hood and cosmetics gets you to +6.
>>
>>46324124
Erotic Art is Kama Sutra or Tantric type super sex techniques. A character like Inara from Firefly would have it while Saffron likely would not. Both would certainly have Sex Appeal.

Conversely, Chiun from Remo Williams has Erotic Art but certainly not Sex Appeal (IMO).

Erotic Art doesn't mean "gets the job done well and skillfully" it means "gets the job done in an imaginative, surprising, or unexpected way." Like "I just didn't even realize the bridge of my nose could be an erogenous zone."
>>
RPM best M
>>
Could I take Imbue with the power modifier for Holy found in Dungeon Fantasy, and if so, would Holiness (the Talent for Holy skills) add it's Talent level to the skills?
>>
>>46327865
Based on your string of logic? Yeah.
Buy (thing) with (X) modifier, and (talent for X) should apply...
>>
>>46322157
That's always a fun hard one; morph/shape change with the target body template having the elemental racial template? Also, make sure to calculate in movement modes/no fine manipulators disadvantages on that, as well as injury tolerance : homogenous or diffuse
>>
>>46329444
Then this should be rules legal. Have at it, /gurpsgen/.
>>
File: Estelle.pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
Estelle.pdf
1 B, 486x500
>>46330737
Actually that's an older version.
>>
File: WJI4KbZ[1].png (92 KB, 633x369) Image search: [Google]
WJI4KbZ[1].png
92 KB, 633x369
>>46330770
I haven't looked at it in a long while, but did GCS add equipment modifiers or did you actually write them in yourself?

And I agree that I'm pretty sure that using that power modifier for imbue to get the talent bonus is legal, though I can't find it in the Powers book... I think it is in some aside somewhere.

Attached is an alternative precedent that says a talent that applies to imbuement skills might need to be priced highly if it affect combat efficacy... though I'm pretty sure Holy Might being all about combat efficacy in the name of %GOD% it is a moot thing.
>>
>>46330941
I did write them in myself, the equipment modifiers in question come from DF1.

Powers Ups 1: Imbuements, p. 6 cites Chi Talent (also from DF1) working with Imbue (Chi, -10%) as a Talent that applies, so I think it should work with Holy and Holiness as well.
>>
>>46331109
Ah, cool then, it would totally make sense for it to work.
>>
How make affliction just work, without QC? Only by C:NDR, +300%?
For punch follow-up affliction that lowers Striking ST of victim, and second affliction that triggers by first and gives me Striking ST if i successfully make someone weaker.
>>
>>46332161
This is a super taboo that for some reason no one can speak against.

http://www.sjgames.com/gurps/faq/FAQ4-5.html#SS5.2.3

You either handwave it if you are a GM statting bad guys, or maybe make it +600% for two irresistibles.
>>
>>46332161
You can't, not even with Cosmic. GURPS doesn't do True Irresistible, just like it doesn't do True Invulnerability.

However, that doesn't mean you can't have Effective Irresistible or Effective Invulnerability. Get it up to Affliction 8 and an average HT/Will 10 character has literally no chance of succeeding; Affliction 12 or so should cover even the most resilient people. For all intents and purposes, no one will be able to resist your ability (just like DR 30 with a single level of hardened makes you effectively invulnerable to all blades, arrows, siege weapons, and even dragon's fire in most fantasy settings).

And by default, Affliction gives a resistance roll and doesn't call for a Quick Contest.

Here's how I'd write it up:
>Affliction 8 (Attribute Penalty, -5 ST, +25%; Follow-Up, Natural Weapons, +0%) [100]
>Striking ST 5 (Only when you've reduced someone's ST, -20%) [20]
>>
File: latina_pirate_girl.jpg (91 KB, 545x1000) Image search: [Google]
latina_pirate_girl.jpg
91 KB, 545x1000
>>46323711

I'm not counting lowered stats toward the disadvantage limit. They seem like their own handicap. Is that bad?

>>46324124

Another player in the group is doing a more dedicated social character, but hey if you want social skills, go for it. I'm more just wondering why a female midget wilderness hunter would be as skilled in bed as the average prostitute.
>>
>>46332657
I think it's taboo because even an un-dodgeable always-hitting DR-ignoring attack will still have to deal with HP; a bog standard human with 10 HP still requires a whopping 60 injury for a sure one-hit kill, to say nothing of tougher fellows, big animals, monsters, or kaiju. An innate attack with Cosmic, Ignores DR, Cosmic, Automatic Success Roll, and Cosmic, No Defense Roll, isn't necessarily a broken show stopper on it's own as it still needs a ton of damage, which gets expensive. Conversely, a relatively cheap Affliction coupled with Cosmic, No Resistance Roll could take down *anything* with a single attack; Affliction 1 (Heart Attack, +300%; Cosmic, No Resistance Roll, +300%) costs only 70 points but kills literally everything it targets. I feel that having to buy Affliction 12 (Heart Attack, +300%) for 480 points to get an instant kill against 99.999% of the globe's population seems much more fair.

At least, that's my take on the logic behind Comic Innate Attack but no Cosmic Affliction.
>>
File: 1457471078045.jpg (67 KB, 500x702) Image search: [Google]
1457471078045.jpg
67 KB, 500x702
>>46333092

>why a female midget wilderness hunter would be as skilled in bed as the average prostitute.

That's because Flexible, something I took to squeeze though tight places and climb better. She's only got 1 skill point in. A courtisian might have 12 points in Erotic Art to show she's got like a masters degree in sex instead of being an enthusiastic armature and get the same SL 14.

Would you like a different character? I could take out the social stuff and do more First Aid and Physician stuff.
>>
>>46335112

Fair enough. Naw, your character's all good. Sent you a PM in roll20, btw.
Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 13

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.