[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hi /tg/, I'm currently running a campaign in which the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3
Hi /tg/,

I'm currently running a campaign in which the players are trapped in Commorragh and are being tormented and followed by a sadistic Haemonculus, whom is allowing them to perhaps attempt escape, only to find themselves trapped in torturous games and twits and turns.

I want to create a real and tangible feeling of paranoia and despair amongst the players, by setting up escape scenarios only for them to be orchestrated by this seemingly everpresent pinhead like haemonculus.

I'd like to have clever SAW movie like scenarios, and truman show like twists without being railroady.

Any stories about cruel twists and scenarios you have presented for your players, or been presented as players? I'm struggling to come up with real twists and traps which will make the players genuinely unnerved and creeped out and give a feeling of hopelessness.

The haemonculus is trying to crush their spirits, ramsay bolton style,.

Any advice, fellow sadists?

Thanks.
>>
>characters escape commorragh
>finish campaign
>'that was a top laff m8'
>continue next campaign with same characters
>start with them all waking up
>back in commorragh
>dark eldorks drugged characters
>alladream.jpg

Fuck OP I don't know, I wish I was more creative/spooky.
>>
>>46316315
I'd love to help come up with sadistic shit, but I have zero GMing experience so I doubt I'd be helpful...
>>
>>46316315

Perhaps your players are different, but I don't know many people who would enjoy playing this.
>>
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Milgram_experiment

Maybe you could include something along these lines, unwilling captives in cells and your players have to figure out the correct button sequence to unlock a door, but with each press of a button inflicting more and more pain with each successive button press, ergo if they do not get the combination correct the first time they must start again and I doubt they'll guess it right the first time
>>
Convince them to save an npc who becomes close to them or helps them out, but set the whole thing up as a trap and the npc is in on it?
>>
>>46316921
I like this alot, this is the kind of things im looking for, thanks a bunch

>>46316906
Its the same enjoyment people get from watching horror movies, theres an unpleasantness but with sufficient atmosphere building it creates a visceral and memorable roleplaying experience
>>
Read an old creepypasta which stuck with me. The general idea was that someone fell asleep in a room full of horrifying leering portraits hanging on the walls only to wake up and find that the 'portraits' were infact windows.

Not really an event but its certainly creepy as fuck.
>>
>>46317059
Just imagine your players faces as they watch eldar/humans/orks writhing in pain as they try and figure out the correct code, you could include a speaker through which the homocules mocks them to try again

Another idea, more player focused;
>Door needs a key/macguffin to open
>arm sized apertures in the wall
>insert arm feeling around
>oops wrong hole
>needles administer incredibly painful non fatal toxins
>move on to next hole and hope it's the right one
>all while being mocked through the speaker system
>>
>>46316906
I don't know about you but I'd enjoy the fuck out of it.
>>
>>46316315
Make one of their challenges escaping from/killing a Grotesque on the loose. If they get caught one of them will get gang raped by his multiple projecting spinal cords (which can feel sensations). The others can escape while the Grotesque is distracted.

Or, they could always make the decision to try and sabotage one of their teammates in the escape (trip a friend), to save their own ass.
>>
>>46316315
"Now they come to a dark cellar, with the doors ripped off the hinges. Everybody down. Along the corridor. Then there's water ahead. The whole group running at full tilt without slowing down rushes straight into some sticky liquid. A blinding light flashes on. It's not water they are in — it's blood. Blood up to the knees, the waist, the chest. On the walls and the ceiling are chunks of rotten flesh, piles of bleeding entrails. The steps are slippery from slimy bits of brain. Undecided, the young soldiers jam the corridor. Then somebody in the darkness lets a huge dog off its chain. There is only one way out — through the blood. Only forwards, where there is a wide passageway and a staircase upwards..."

From spetznaz training, substitute dog for something more 40k, genestealer perhaps, or one of the homunculus's own creations
>>
File: edit-4638-1444937353-10.jpg (30 KB, 625x321) Image search: [Google]
edit-4638-1444937353-10.jpg
30 KB, 625x321
Ever seen It Follows?

Some thing, even perhaps innocent looking, is slowly following the party constantly, and they cant really interact with it, but if it touches one of them, all hell breaks loose..
>>
Faces on the backs of heads, only reveal them at the right moment, and with sudden movement and attacks from them, who have been very slow moving up til that point. Like a jump scare.
>>
>>46317569
I love this but OP would have to figure out a way to make it so only one of the players is 'followed' and the other players are oblivious to the presence of the thing for full effect (as in the movie)
>>
File: community_image_1430092580.gif (2 MB, 505x337) Image search: [Google]
community_image_1430092580.gif
2 MB, 505x337
These are all good ideas, thanks.

Anything which incorporates puzzles with a chilling solution/twist would be great too
>>
>>46317471
Do the actually do this in spetsnaz training? Thats horrific.
>>
>>46318115
Not so much chilling or twist, more sadistic, but how about some sort of counter balance puzzle in which the players must raise/lower certain arms to disengage a lock to move one, the only problem is that there is a captive that in turn gets raised in to say spikes or lowered slowly into acid/bleach/space acid
>>
>>46318731
http://www.nightcoreuniverse.net/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=3999

Yea, spetznaz is fucking brutal, 5% pass rate
>>
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cube_(film)

This with a healthy dose of SAW and/or Silent Hill and Manhunt.
>>
>>46319015
>>
>>46319074
I like it
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.