[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
robe colors [5e, fluff mostly]
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3
File: pathfinder commoner.jpg (177 KB, 586x1000) Image search: [Google]
pathfinder commoner.jpg
177 KB, 586x1000
what color robe should my commoner wizard get? he just got paid for the first time, and it's like a fortune for him. i want him to buy some frivolous stuff.

>>spell list
>>create campfire, ray of frost, minor image
>>fog cloud, mage armor, unseen servant, find familiar [bat], silent image

been using unseen servant and silent image to do a bit of "dread pirate roberts" stuff, distant mage, lighting fires with my cantrips/unseen servant

i'm considering taking diviner
>>
red robes of neutrality duh
>>
Considering that red and violet were generally for nobles and their retainers only?

Green or yellow.
>>
File: image.jpg (1 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1 MB, 1920x1080
You could always go blue
>>
>>46312307

>No sleep, no colour spray, no invisibility, no mage hand, no prestidigitation

What kind of a fucking hedge trickster are you?
>>
>>46312307
Violet.

Also, have them made out of velvet. It must be tacky and garish.
>>
>>46312307
Simple brown or grey. The less attention you draw to yourself, the better. Have it made of a really good fabric, so it lasts long. Also, pockets, the more the better.
>>
>>46317503
I'm level 1 so no invisibility and only 3 cantrips. Invisible servant can be cast for free if you take ten minutes to cast it, so I try to have that up for as long as possible. Better than Mage hand because it uses a bonus action.

Sleeps in the spell book. May look in to color spray.

>>46319935
Get some rad stars and moons sewn into them?
>>
>>46320047
>ten minutes and a bonus action to cast
>better then mage hand
What kind of retard are you?
>>
>>46312307
Green, because mages who wear green are always thirsty for cock
>>
>>46320350
>What kind of retard are you?
>asks this to the guy that made a thread to help him decide the color of his character clothes
>>
>>46320350
You can cast it as a standard action, but that takes a spell slot. Mage hand also

It can do things without you wasting your whole turn to do it. You can use unseen servant to drop caltrops, hell, even interpose against a charge. It has a longer range and can do things to mess with the environment like shut doors on your enemies faces. Plus, it's invisible and Mage hand isn't
>>
Robes? Why not a peasant's tunic and stockings? I mean, really, who's the enemy going to go after first? The guy who looks like the fighter's dorky retainer, or the guy wielding the robes and staff who looks like he's about three seconds from fireballing your ass?
>>
>>46321581
go all merlin on it?

i can dig it. plus, there's already a warlock in the party.
>>
>>46312307
You have 3 options i can see
Super fabulous, he buys what he THINKS a wizard would wear, and its gaudy and out of place everywhere.
Smart and stealthy, he buys normal clothes, higher quality, preferably in a dark color and seems a normal traveler until he casts.
Standard wizarding clothes, whatever they may be by setting/locale, most likely to occur if he had formal training, dresses like those he emulates or worked with/learned under.

Purple was and remains a fucking fantastic color for standing out and looking wealthy btw. That dye was expensive as fuck.
>>
>>46322027
An example from wikipedia of Tyrian/Imperial purple
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.