[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I get that Warhammer 40K is just everything cool in sci-fi during
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: 1396247543478.png (393 KB, 764x691) Image search: [Google]
1396247543478.png
393 KB, 764x691
I get that Warhammer 40K is just everything cool in sci-fi during the 1980s. But what's the ripoff of Predator, Star Trek, and Ghostbusters?
>>
>>46309806
Lictors are predator.
And as for the rest GW didn't go through a checklist of every pop culture sci-fi thing to make sure they referenced everything.
>>
>>46309806
Tyranid Lictors and Eldar Striking Scorpions can take on Predator influences, but it depends on the writer. Star Trek showed up as that Interex thing in the Horus Heresy, or so it seems. Ghostbusters haven't really shown up anywhere, though you could make a case for Ordo Malleus in the worst way.
>>
>>46309806
>everything cool in sci-fi during the 1980s

Hardly.
>>
File: 1302950550709[1].jpg (58 KB, 750x600) Image search: [Google]
1302950550709[1].jpg
58 KB, 750x600
>>46309806
>>46310019
>who you gonna call?
>>
The beast of solomon is a predator replacement in one of the interpretations. Some of the ordo malleus equipment are some blatant ghost busters rippofs.

Startrek does not really fit the tone of the came
>>
Catachan are basically a whole planet of dudes from Predator.
They are all muscly men in muscle shirts, walking through a hellish jungle being assailed by alien monsters
>>
>>46310146
You could make the case that the STCs are just replicators from Star Trek, but that's a bit of a stretch.
>>
>>46310185
They're clearly Rambo.
>>
>>46310308
Sly Marbo definately is. I think Harkness(?) is supposed to be Jesse Ventura from Predator though.
>>
>>46310369

"Sly" is Stallone's nickname.

"Marbo" is a play on Rambo.

Confirmed through two different GW employees.

So how is he Jesse Ventura's character in Predator?
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.