[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Sigil Meister Quest #1
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 88
Thread images: 1
File: Sigil Meister Quest.png (408 KB, 401x605) Image search: [Google]
Sigil Meister Quest.png
408 KB, 401x605
You're Brin Wabien, and since 10 hours ago, you're 18 years old. However, you're not happy because of that, rather, because you finally stood up and did something yourself.

You're the only child and son in your family, your parents keep it a secret as to who they are, but you know that your father was, or is involved with politics. And once you found out, it no longer was surprising to see that you got what you asked for, even if it was expensive. So the reason as to why you live on the outskirts of the town, beyond the defensive walls, is beyond your comprehension. Your family can easily afford a better house to live in, so why live in such basic house? Nevertheless, you never questioned them. They often got mad and sad when you did something they told you not to, so you try not to do anything that would upset them. Up until now.

"Hey pretty face!"

You could recognize this voice anywhere, it's Tod. He's also the only one to call you like this for reasons incomprehensible for you. He is also your only friend, you had little to no social encounters due to your parents being strict.

"Happy birthday! You decided where to get smashed at?"

He also failed a year, so he's one year older than you.

>"I'd appreciate you not calling me that."
>"Do I really have to get drunk?"
>"Well. I heard that the Under the Sigil has good beer, and stuff."
>"No, you have something?"
>Anything else?
>>
>>46307906
>Pastebin: http://pastebin.com/u/SMQ
>Twitter: https://twitter.com/OrkQuestQM
>ask.fm: https://ask.fm/OrkQuestQM

Warning, smut will be a thing here.
>>
>>46307906
>"I'd appreciate you not calling me that."
>"No, you have something?"
>>
>>46307906
>"Yeah, your mom's place!"
>>
>"Well. I heard that the Under the Sigil has good beer, and fresh succulent oysters
>>
>>46307906
>>"I'd appreciate you not calling me that."
>>"Do I really have to get drunk?"
Oh boy, that pastebin was something.
>>
Writing.

>>46308181
Thanks. You also reminded me.

http://pastebin.com/B0wm4yqY

For my Great Beast Quest, promised pastebin.
>>
>>46307906
"I'd appreciate you not calling me that. And do I really have to get drunk?" You reply, turning yourself towards your friend.

Tod's pretty small, he's shorter than you in fact, and you already top the bottoms of charts in that remark. However, his face is already being covered by facial hair, making him look much, much more older. Something you're rather jealous of.

"Not till you become a man, and yes! Have you ever heard of someone NOT getting smashed at their 18's party? You'll thank me later for not sticking out like sore thumb in that regard! Now."

Getting closer to you, he smashes your upper arm in what he calls a friendly gesture, then he rubs his hands together with a sly, devilish smile. Whatever he has in plans, he will go without breaking, you know that this grin always lead to things happening.

"Under the Sigil! Shady place but it has really good beer and vodka, I even got the owner of the place to give me a discount! For you, that is. On alcoholic beverages, so, let's go, I ain't got time if we're not going!"

>"Aight, aight, I'm going."
>"I really don't think this is a good idea still."
>What else?
>>
>>46308299
>>"Aight, aight, I'm going."
Guy is going to fuck us when we're smashed, isn't he?
>>
>>46308299
>>
>>46307906
>that new pastebin
Elf girl best waifu, here is hopping we see those fuckers in the war.
>>
>>46308333
He did say it contains smutt.
>>46308299
>>
Writing.
>>
>>46308299
"Aight, aight, I'm going." You sigh out, rubbing your shoulder from the 'friendly' gesture. Tod's reply is just a wider smile and quick turn around to enter the city. You obviously follow, thinking about te tavern.

Under the Sigil.

Sigils. Now, you didn't hear a lot about them, to a lot of people they're mystery in fact, but they do exist despite their protests. Apparently, they're superbly magical.. Things, left by a race long extinct for reasons unknown. Very little is left after them, some small scale research and excavations are found of very old, but very advanced race. Sigils are one thing left by them. They say that they're spells made physical so anyone can use them. Interesting to a degree you must admit.

However, right now, you are amazed by the city. You can count on one hand how many times you've been allowed to go to the city Janow. There's so many people, they're basically pushing each other, everyone's busy talking or doing things, the smells are intense and make you feel alive, unlike the small house you live in that's basically inside the forest. You almost lose Tod in this blob in fact, but you manage to go through and follow him to the Tavern.
(cont.)
>>
>>46308568

The building itself is bland, or so you think, you're not sure how a tavern is supposed to look like, never saw one till now. But it looks solid, if not tiny when compared to other buildings, but it's long, that's for sure.

"Here we are, I can't understand how the owner can say that bunch of chicken scratches are a sigil. Let's go pretty face!"

How does he know that this is it? Oh, there's a sign, convenient. It's a metal hanging plate that.. Glows? Now that's interesting. Besides some words painted on in your language that say 'UNDER THE SIGIL', there's bunch of weird marks on the plate as well. They however, form into words for you, although you have no idea what it means.

>"..I am no towns man, but I don't think it's meant to glow."
>"I am guessing the glow is normal, but those are not chicken scratches, I can read it."
>What else?
>>
>>46308585
>"..I am no towns man, but I don't think it's meant to glow."
>>
Writing.
>>
>>46308585
"..I am no towns man, but I don't think it's meant to glow." You say, stopping Tod in his tracks. You highly doubt that metal plates are ever meant to glow.

"What? What glow?" He says, turning around right in front of the entrance, staring right at you before stepping towards you and looking at what you are staring at, the nameplate of this place.

"..Dude nothing glows there."

"No? It glows, can't you see?" You reply, pointing at the object, you soon start realizing that you're making yourself look like a fool, but gods damn it, it glows.

"..Brin.. Why you didn't share?"

"Share what?"

"Come onnn." He says, getting closer, nudging your upper arm with his shoulder, his smile being a little bit too wide and sly for you to feel comfortable. Soon later, he leans in and whispers up to you, biting his lip.

"You got shrooms? Who even sold you them?"

>"What? NO. I DON'T DO DRUGS, CAN'T YOU SEE THAT IT GLOWS?"
>"I don't do drugs! Not only it glows, but I can read the text too! Look!" And read the text.
>"...You know forget it, forget it all, just.. Let's get in."
>"What else?
>>
>>46308885
>"I don't do drugs! Not only it glows, but I can read the text too! Look!" And read the text.
>>
>>46308885
>>"I don't do drugs! Not only it glows, but I can read the text too! Look!" And read the text.
>>
>>46308885
>>"...You know forget it, forget it all, just.. Let's get in."
>>
Writing.
>>
>>46308885
"I don't do drugs! Not only it glows, but I can read the text too! Look!" You say, pushing him away and stepping closer to the Tavern to get a better view of the so called 'sigil'. You don't know which one is crazy here, but you can at least prove your right to some degree.

"Run'Atul: Fla'Egni!" And the moment you finish reading, you drop to your knees, grasping your temples and closing all while crying out a whine of pain that seared right through your eyes. It felt like you were stabbed straight through them, ears ringing as well just to make this feeling of losing completely two senses all that much more anxious.

It takes you a while to finally bite through and lower the pain to manageable state. Getting onto one knee, you rub your eyes, feeling wetness underneath your fingers. Then you raise your head, keeping your balance while slowly regaining your sense of hearing. But you worry little about your ears right now.

You see in multiples. Everything lost its outline and see-through copies of the objects you're looking at idly hover as if behind it. Then, you look at the tavern.
Entirely of upper half of it is on fire. Including the insides, not just walls.

"IT'S GONNA BLOW."

You manage to hear from a running man. You might be weak physically, but you know what to do when someone yells that. Crawling, you try your hardest to escape from the general area, diving behind a building. Seconds after you land, your hearing comes back just in time to hear the explosion happen. Debris of the Tavern flying through the air, leaving smoking trail.

>Screw this, go home, hope your vision returns before you come back, as well as before your parents get too suspicious.
>Find Tod, he's the only one who knows what the hell happened.
>What else?
>>
>>46309212
>>Find Tod, he's the only one who knows what the hell happened.
>>
>>46309212
>>
>>46309212
>>
>>46309212
>>Find Tod, he's the only one who knows what the hell happened.
Oh shit.
>>
Writing.
>>
>>46309212
You stand up with wobbly legs, this isn't a time to be hiding. Something bad happened and you can only assume, you were the one behind it. The only one who can explain it is Tod.

You start walking into the panicking crowd, you panic yourself, hands shaking and eyes tearing. It's so gods damn hard to see, but you must find him, you are determined to do so. Going sideways to avoid being pushed and eventually trampled, you search for a spot where two people are apart, as if someone short was in-between them. It takes an eternity (or so you think), to do, but eventually, you spot something like that.

Wrestling your way towards your target, you spot what you hope to be Tod, as he's short, has the same ginger hair and same clothing.

"Tod!"

You scream, to no avail. You keep pushing forward, desperate to grab his attention. And finally, you are within reach and grab his shoulder.

"Tod!"

He turns around, visibly shaken.

"Dude WHAT THE FUCK DID YOU DO-DUDE, YOUR EYES!"

"What!?"

He grabs you by your hand and drags you to the side, pushing you against a wall.

"Dude! Your eyes! The FUCK DID YOU DO!?"

He points to a barrel full of water. Leaning in, you splash yourself first before taking a look. It's hard to focus, but after some time, you spot it. There are blue, shining particles in your eyes. As if small dust specks were floating in them.

>"Tod, I'm scared, what happened?!"
>"Help me Tod! What do I do!?"
>"I DON'T KNOW TOD, I THOUGHT YOU'D TELL ME!"
>What else?
>>
>>46309420
>>"Tod, I'm scared, what happened?!"
>>
>>46309420
>"I DON'T KNOW TOD, I THOUGHT YOU'D TELL ME!"
>>
>>46309420
>>"I DON'T KNOW TOD, I THOUGHT YOU'D TELL ME!"
>>
Writing.
>>
>>46309420
"I DON'T KNOW TOD, I THOUGHT YOU'D TELL ME!" you yell out in a crying anger, splashing the water surface with a fist before covering your eyes.

"SHUT UP YOU CUNT! IT'S ALL YOUR FAULT!" Tod screams out, shaking you about in anger before groaning, presumably kicking the dirt around. Eventually, he takes in a deep breath and slaps his own skin somewhere.

"OKAY, SO! When you fucking read that child blabber, the wall just fucking.. SPONTANOUSLY BURSTED INTO FLAMES! Like, something ignited it! Then I fucking legged it because I ain't having NOTHING to do with this! I am not going to jail a third fucking time!"

You slid down the wall you lean on and sit down, trying your hardest to stop crying. Now you've become aware of your heart that beats like crazy, grabbing your throat at the base from inside, making swallowing anything nearly impossible.

"What the fuck did you do!?"

>"Sigil! It's a real fucking sigil!"
>"I did nothing! The nameplate was glowing! I told you! Then I read the text and that's all before I collapsed onto my knees!"
>Go home, that's the only safe place you can think of. Tod can save himself.
>What else?
>>
>>46309679
>>"I did nothing! The nameplate was glowing! I told you! Then I read the text and that's all before I collapsed onto my knees!"
>>"Sigil! It's a real fucking sigil!"
>>
>>46309679
>"I did nothing! The nameplate was glowing! I told you! Then I read the text and that's all before I collapsed onto my knees!"
>>
>>46309679
Go home
>>
>>46309679
>"Sigil! It's a real fucking sigil!"
>>Go home, that's the only safe place you can think of. Tod can save himself.

Gettin real tired of your shit tod.
>>
I see a bit of a split, so a quick vote.

>>"I did nothing! The nameplate was glowing! I told you! Then I read the text and that's all before I collapsed onto my knees!" AND >"Sigil! It's a real fucking sigil!"

OR

>"Sigil! It's a real fucking sigil!" AND >Go home, that's the only safe place you can think of. Tod can save himself
>>
>>46309961
>>"Sigil! It's a real fucking sigil!" AND >Go home, that's the only safe place you can think of. Tod can save himself
>>
Rolled 8 (1d100)

>>46309961
B
>>
>>46309961
>>"Sigil! It's a real fucking sigil!" AND >Go home, that's the only safe place you can think of. Tod can save himself
>>
>>46309961
First
>>
>>46309961
>"I did nothing! The nameplate was glowing! I told you! Then I read the text and that's all before I collapsed onto my knees!" AND >"Sigil! It's a real fucking sigil!"
>>
>>46309961
Presuming that >>46309991
means the second/bottom option. It wins.

Writing.
>>
>>46309679
"Sigil! It's a real fucking sigil!" You say, sniffing hard to get some air and clean your nose to breathe easily. Then you stand up, leaning against the wall and opening your eyes, your vision is better, but it's still the same weird, outline-less mess.

"A what?!" Tod replies, looking shocked, as if he completely forgot what that means and now you are speaking some magic mumbo jumbo to him.

"A fucking, sigil, Tod. You know, the things that we search for? THE THING A SUPER ADVANCED RACE LEFT BEFORE BEING WIPED OFF ALMOST WITHOUT ANY FUCKING TRACE?!" You yell out, walking away quickly towards the gate. You must hide, and your home is only building you can think of to hide in.

"Holy SHIT. OH SHIT! IT WAS A REAL FUCKING SIGIL. BRIN, WE'RE FUCKED. YOU'RE FUCKED!" Tod is yelling out. The reason as to WHY you're presumably fucked is silenced out by the crowd and the distance between you and him. You don't want anything to do with him. Gods, this was supposed to be your best birthday yet. But so far it's going downhill, or rather down-cliff. Besides your parents acting up, you doubt it can get any worse.

Quickly making your way towards your home, you eventually reach it, everyone too busy to notice you with the raging fire. However, when you open the doors with hopes that maybe. Just, maybe. Your parents won't notice you or will ignore you. All you held onto, is crushed.

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY!" Your parents yell out from the main room, sending confetti flying into the air.

>Ignore, lock your room, get on bed, cry into pillow. Then you can go 'celebrate' your birthday.
>Man up and don't look suspicious. Or, well, try to.
>What else?
>>
>>46310153
>Man up and don't look suspicious. Or, well, try to.
Party time, yay...
>>
>>46310153
>>Man up and don't look suspicious. Or, well, try to
>Actually in a certain light this is kind of exciting.
>>
Writing.

And the first roll of the quest, may rng gods bless ye and this quest.

>1d20 for social(lying)
>>
Rolled 4 (1d20)

>>46310319
>>
Rolled 9 (1d20)

>>46310319
Best of 3, I'm guessing?
>>
>>46310353
But of course. I am minimizing rolls and spice variety with sigils themselves.
>>
Rolled 8 (1d20)

>>46310319
>>
Rolled 5 (1d20)

>>46310319
>>
OH BOY. FUN TIMES ARE AHEAD OF US. I AM HALF TEMPTED TO NOT LET YOU REROLL for the sake of shenanigans, but that wouldn't be nice of me, so.

>Spent one reroll point out of 3 for a reroll? Y/N.
>>
OKAY 4CHAN ATE MY POST.

>Spend a reroll point out of 3 for a reroll? Y/N
>>
>>46310600
>>46310405
Looks like it came back.

Anyway.
Yes, reroll.
>>
>>46310600
Do they gain another one every thread or do we have to roll 20s to gain some? Cause if every thread,
Y
>>
>>46310636
Not exactly every thread. More or so after rests and such.
>>
>>46310600
Y
>>
>>46310693
Eh. Still Yes, reroll.
>>
I see a yes so far, so lets roll again.

>1d20.
>>
Rolled 15 (1d20)

>>46310721
>>
Rolled 19 (1d20)

>>46310721
>>
Rolled 18 (1d20)

>>46310721
TG meme dice pls!
>>
Now we're cooking. 19 is highest.

Writing.
>>
>>46310153
Calm down, you have to calm down. With a deep breath to calm yourself, you fake a surprise.

"Oh my gods! You remembered!" You say, quickly walking up to the table and sitting on the chair, dragging it closer to the cake. God, you're eighteen and you still have a cake, this feels wrong without even mentioning that you got really intimate with death, kind of.

"How could we forget?" Your parents say, your mom, Irena, dragging the cake closer to you while your dad, Ian, stood behind you, firmly placing his hands on your shoulders, keeping you in place as if trying to prevent you from escaping for no reason.

"Blow the candle, son, make a wish too." He says firmly, but with a happy tone. You blow the 1 and 8 candles out, your wish being that this is all a dream that you'll wake up from in about.. Now. Sadly, it doesn't come true. That one time you wish it the most, it doesn't happen.

"What's this, Brin? You're dirty, where you've been?" Your mom asks, cutting you a slice. Your father also takes notice of this and leans to the side, staring at you.

"I'm eighteen, mom, please. I was hanging around with friends."

"...Okay, this one time, I will allow it. But if they bully you, you tell your dad, okay? And don't hang out with the bad ones!" Gods. She doesn't even realize how much you wish for that happening instead of the whole sigil thing.

>You can't keep this up, ask if you can eat upstairs in your room.
>Suck it up, eat here, keep your eyes low.
>What else?
>>
>>46310874
>>Suck it up, eat here, keep your eyes low.
>>
Writing.
>>
>>46310874
You have to suck this up somehow. If you go and ask to eat in your room alone, they will get suspicious.

With a sigh, you dig in, keeping your eyes focused on the cake while your parents get a slice of their own. The taste is bland, nearly texture like, you can barely force yourself to swallow it. And the worst part is, this cake is delicious. You know it, it has strawberries on it, you love them, but you can't enjoy them. At least not in this kind of state of being.

"Huh.. There's a ruckus out there, wonder what happened.." Your mother says, looking over the window, which makes you drop your head down even further. Dear lord you so hope that earth sucks you into its crust right about now. This is getting unbearable with each second passing.

"Something's on fire I think. That's why we live here, no need to worry about spreading fires OR being a victim to one. Just me, my lovely wife and my lovely son." Ian said, smiling to your mother before poking you with his elbow all while happily munching his slice. "Isn't this great, Brin?"

"Mhm! Yesh, tshe shake ish delishiush thoo!" You say preemptively with mouthful of desert. You have to stop breathing for a while to calm down as your hand started to shake.

(cont.)
>>
>>46311195
You kept this parade going, somehow, till you could leave. Once you were free, you stormed to your room and laid down there, not even opening your gifts. The ceiling seemingly helped you with your vision, helping you focus on something. But with that, you completely lost track of time, all you see is the sun setting down. It's already dawn. Perhaps, all will end well and no one is suspecting you of anything. This day did not get worse after all!

Then you heard carriages come to stop by your house, quickly followed by hearty knocking on the door followed by your dad quickly heating up a discussion about something.

>Stay here, all is good, must be good. You can't have THIS much bad luck on your birthday.
>Leg it through the window.
>Eavesdrop what's happening. Sneak in perhaps.
>What else?
>>
>>46311212
>>Stay here, all is good, must be good. You can't have THIS much bad luck on your birthday.
shit.
>>
>>46311212
>>Eavesdrop what's happening. Sneak in perhaps.
>>
>>46311212
>Leg it through the window
>>
Rolled 2 (1d3)

Well, it's a split. so let's leave it to the dices.

1 is
>Stay here, all is good, must be good. You can't have THIS much bad luck on your birthday.
2 is
>Eavesdrop what's happening. Sneak in perhaps.
3 is
>Leg it through the window
>>
>>46311560
Writing.
>>
>>46311560
Eaves dropping it is then.
>>
>>46311212
If things are happening, you need to know. Immense guilt is starting to build up within you, why did this day go this way? You just wanted to have a good, nice birthday. And now you're probably suspected of setting a Tavern on fire.

You slowly walk towards the doors and press in your ear, focusing on listening what's happening. It's rather hard to get anything, so you slowly open them and sneak down, onto the stairs to get a better hear at the situation.

"Listen man. I can fuck you up, you HAVE NO RIGHT to enter my house! My son did NOTHING!"

"Mister Ian Wabien, we have a witness that your son, has indeed, set the Tavern on fire using a sigil. You are perfectly aware what we must do and you can't do anything about it."

"BULLSHIT! MY SON CAN'T READ SIGILS, LET ALONE ACTUALLY SEEING ONE! DO YOU REALLY EXPECT ME TO BELIEVE THAT AN ACTUAL SIGIL WAS JUST USED AS A NAMEPLATE FOR SOME BUM-SHACK OF A TAVERN!?"

"Sir, we're in an equal shock as you, but we have confiscated and researched the plate, it is indeed, a sigil related to fire. And Tod Beskin, presumed 'friend' of Brin Wabien, confessed that he read it out loud."

"...Son?" Suddenly, another voice prop ups, it's your mom, looking upstairs, at you. Being busted, you immediately return to your room and close the doors, waiting patiently on the bed. The house is surrounded.

You fucked up so badly, but it wasn't your intention, why did this happen? You never asked for something like this, you were happy with your life as it was.

"Brin, it's me." Your mother says, through the doors after some time passes.

>"Mom! I'm sorry, I didn't mean it!"
>Get out of the room, face jail at least with your face high up.
>What else?
>>
>>46311757
>"Shit"
>>
>>46311757
Book it asshole
>>
>>46311757
"I didn't do it!"
>>
>>46311757
YOU CAN'T PROVE SHIT.
>>
Writing.
>>
>>46311757
"I didn't do it, Mom. Believe me." You say, almost whispering, you're not even sure if she heard you, but that's besides the point.

Eventually, she opens the doors and slowly enters. Walking over to you before sitting on the bed.

"I didn't mean it. You can't prove that I did."

"Brin, son, that's not-"

"I don't want to go to jail."

"Honey, please. Let me-"

"Fucking hell.. Mom.. I'm really sorry."

"Brin!"

You wince, curling up into the corner as she raises her voice. She quickly sighs and comes closer, grabbing you and putting you into a hug.

"Son, sweetums.. You're not going to jail."

"...No?"

"No... You're.. You're going to the Sigil School and Research Castle in Broting."

"Wait... What?"

>END OF THREAD.

Sorry folks but I am in a hurry. So I can't stick for QnA. I hope you enjoyed this and want more. I will archive in a bit and if you got any questions, my ask.fm is in second post.
>>
http://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive/46307906/

Here's the archive. Thank you for playing, see you tomorrow!
>>
>>46311975
Hahaha. Interesting will be watching for future threads.
>>
Fuck Tod.
>>
>>46312351
On the one hand nigga couldn't go back to the rape house

On the other hand fuck Tod
Thread replies: 88
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.